Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Right, just introducing myself here. First time playing on site, played a couple of times elsewhere with Kise.

So, hi.
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Um...Reckoner would be who? Gotta remember. New to the site here.

At any rate, wouldn't the killers be people who know the two who died fairly well? What I mean is, anybody who's played a whole lot with the above would probably have the idea to get rid of the two because they saw them as a threat.
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 am

Post by JPSalazar »

I gotta agree that shooting ink in people's eyes is really rude, but I'm not sure which way to place a vote just yet. For the record, it isn't because I'm not suspicious, it's because I'm trying to weigh down enough evidence. I think more along the lines of a flow chart than anything else. If anyone wants to present some arguments to help me understand their rationale behind the votes, it'd be appreciated. It's always a bit of a rough patch trying to guess who might be scum, only because you're not able to look someone in the face and see if they're faces twitches or something.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 am

Post by JPSalazar »

EDIT: face, but I don't think anyone's a ridiculous word usage/typo nazi.

(:: Watches as all the votes turn around just because of a typo. :: )

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Unrelated to Iecerint's post, after reading and catching up on everything, I'm having a hard time following PranaDevil's thought process throughout the board. It's all over the place, from where I'm reading.

Still don't have enough to make me think anyone's scum yet...BUT...

FoS: PranaDevil

I don't understand your thought process, it's not linear. If you can explain it all out, I'll listen.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Can there be a total vote count thus far, without the repeating names? I don't want to take the initiative, in case it's against some sort of MafiaScum.net etiquette or something, where only the mod posts vote counts or whatever.

Thanks.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:56 am

Post by JPSalazar »

I think the notion of "waiting a day" is like playing russian roulette, and, thus, not a worthy method of logistics. The fact that as it stands, if all non-votes were tacked on in any which way, a lynch would not be possible, more specific arguments need be brought forth as opposed to pure throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks.

I don't want to hop on a bandwagon yet, though I know some are prodding for some action for those who do not have a vote put in just yet. I'm going to provide a couple bits of introspection.

I still feel that PranaDevil's whole process of explanation is WAY oscattered, and I've yet to have any reason or convincing that they're not scum. Seriously, it was all over the place, and to me, it feels like backtracking. Also, taking into consideration what Devotress said about PranaDevil previously believing Glork was the scummiest person in the game, then swiching over to Iecerint. The one thing that make sense that was posted by PranaDevil, however, were that votes on Dram were simply the fact that he was lightning based and a lightning attack was used.

On the other hand, Iecerint is the most argued point for the Octopus Ink of Blinding attack (yes, I know it's only poorly dramatically named). Groningen mentioned that it would be fair to ask Iecerint to come up with similar characters that could blind as well.

And as a random side note: Did anyone notice Groningen's sig quote by Ghandi (an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind)? How long has that been there? Clue? Or am I reading WAY too much into this?

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 am

Post by JPSalazar »

FC Groningen wrote:My sig has been there since I joined the site, which was at the start of the month :wink:

About the bandwagons, I'll see about that tomorrow when less tired.
Well then, I'll disregard that.

@Those who have prodded:
is there a significant reason to vote one way or another?

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Iecerint wrote:^ Or I could be an investi-proof SK who can both kill and blind. (Or I'm an invest-proof SK who can just kill, and the blind is a total coincidence.)
Whether he killed or not, I'm tired of the back and forth suspicion, especially because of the black goop and the Ultros talk. Until I have reason otherwise, or more urgent of my vote:

Vote: Iecerint

It's my best deduction thus far for scum. The Ultros talk, dancing around, playing devil's advocate (almost suggesting he is some sort of kill, possibly trying to make us think he's acting as a diversion because no scum would rightfully play the devil's advocate role, and thus having the rest of the players engage in recursive thinking, going "Why would he be scum and suggest he is scum? Maybe he's a diversion...but why would he oust himself"?).

FoS:
PranaDevil

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Iecerint wrote:If you're in too many games, you should replace out of one or more of them.
The first and potentially only thing I can concur with you on.

...I'm still voting for you, though.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Um, there's numbers now instead of votes...?

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Chrono's voting things made it to 3. Not zero. Common sense exists!

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

PranaDevil wrote:As for my last sentence there, buh? How's that say I know what's going on? I WILLINGLY cast the final vote 'cause, y'know... if someone's going to get launched out of the game, it may as well be me because no scum will do it, and I have suspicion on me, at least that way I'm actively helping town by being the last one on that countdown.
Realistically, if someone knew what was going on, they would jump forth, willingly try to push it to look like a martyr, fooling everyone who votes up until that final vote, which, unfortunately, was Starbuck.

I am not convinced in any way, shape, or form that you have an ounce of innocence.

Vote: PranaDevil

I'm keeping this on until, like I said, you can convince me otherwise. I do not feel safe with you around.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:19 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Kdub wrote:JP was the first to point them out in 444, but I wonder how long they had been there before he did so.
I'm not sure how long they had been there, if they were added a time after people had already posted, or if we just missed it. I've just been combing through things with the proverbial "fine-tooth comb".

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:28 am

Post by JPSalazar »

:: Yawns. ::

We're at a standstill, ladies and gentlemen. And it's getting more and more out of whack as the game goes on.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I'm just going to point out that in real life, I see many doctors, so I contribute when I can. It's not like I lurk the boards.

PLUS, everything is at a standstill. I said that I believed Prana to be scum, and I have no reason to change my mind.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Well, excuse me, Mr.-I-Will-Choose-Everyone-To-Complain-About.

I said it enough times in the past that either Prana didn't make sense, or just gave off the scummy vibe through their words. Prana's been hypocritial, and a bandwagon jumper. I don't want Prana to answer for anything. Honestly?

As for you? Get off my back, because I've at least provided insight in the past. It's at a standstill because either there's too many lurkers, or people just can't decide to go through with something. My posts aren't an attempt to move you. That's what my sermons are for.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #17) » Sat May 01, 2010 4:57 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Ok. Since I am not going to be here for the next 48 hours, as I'm checking myself into a hospital tonight for pre-operative surgery tests, I want to ask this:

Prana, are you willing to claim your role to prove you're not scum?

Granted, this is merely a question, and you may decline to so if you wish. We've had a lot of discussion, and I would think that, if indeed your intentions were noble in the Doom voting, you'd be willing to at least clear up the attention focused on you by claiming your role within this game. Not only to shut me up, but to basically prove me wrong about you being scum.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (isolation #18) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:58 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Before the FoS starts popping up on me, I'll squash whatever potential trains of thought people may have.

1) I responded to Glork the way I did because going back, Glork has attempted to lash out (in one way or another) at almost every player in the game. Add to the fact that, at least from my interpretation, it seemed like whining early in the game, I finally became annoyed at it. Despite his statement of also being one of the best scumhunters in the game (that entire post, actually) also bothered me, just because of the egotistical nature. I know it had a warning, but if he was such a good one, we'd be treading along and finding out who's the baddies.

2) I would at least hope that good guy characters remain good guy characters. If not, we might as well throw in the towel because there isn't a shot in the wind that could help us figure it out. I'm not even interested in elementals and all that nonsense. This is my first time trying to play with things such as "flavors", "elements", and that of the like, and it's clear so many people know more about the Square Enix world than I do. A lot of my time is spent looking up what people say and verifying it, as well as looking up these abbreviations used like "OMGUS". BUT. I've known Kise off-site for a few years, so I at least know his ability to toy with things can run rampant and throw any train of thought off.

I'm tempted to go along with the Antifinity bandwagon, if it will make things move along and not stand still like an Icelandic airport during volcano time...clearly, as it stands right now, we're not going to get anywhere with the votes adding up the way they do.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #19) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:04 am

Post by JPSalazar »

As an addendum to my above post:
Glork wrote:I'd like to highlight BV a little, actually, as his most recent post was pretty horrible. There's was a ton going on when he decided to "check in" -- the Wolf/Tidus thing, Prana votes, there was plenty to comment about the Zodiark wagon at the end of yesterday... but he just kinda dumps a wagon vote on Chrono, says peace out, and hasn't posted since then. It's opportunistic, it's :nothelpful: at best, it's selective, and it highlights BV's presence in this game as a whole. There's a very decent chance that BV is lurkish scum just kinda skating by. He was also 7th on the Zodiark wagon D1, which is right in that range from it being "legit wagon" to "probable lynch."
I had eyed some of the lurkers as clear suspects, but I would honestly say that if there are indeed people lurking, and Kise knows about it, they should just be modkilled because it's holding up the game. BV bandwagoned twice, but I do not know what you mean by:
Glork wrote:which is right in that range from it being "legit wagon" to "probable lynch."

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (isolation #20) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:52 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Then you and I have understood his posts differently.

And to answer your question: It is not someone else's job other than the mod to get them to participate. Of course it will stagnate. That's almost as obvious as 2+2 = 4.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #21) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:54 am

Post by JPSalazar »

We could lynch inactives today so that there's no modkill and they don't end up being townies. If they are townies, then at least we don't risk lynching the wrong active player today and there's enough time for more scrutiny.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #22) » Sat May 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I personally do not want to sit and keep watching people be replaced time after time.

I did not take Glork's "post more" call-out the wrong way. It was other ones.

Post 89: "You've decided to show off your FF knowledge and have done approximately exactly zero scumhunting." I see as being condescending.

Post 92: Same. Condescending.

Post 218: Is the bolding of text, calling a train of thought stupid necessary? This was the first post I see as lashing out a bit.

I don't really want to go on and on about posts, there's 25 pages of stuff, and I do not know how to specifically weed out all posts made by him.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (isolation #23) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ah. Gotcha.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (isolation #24) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ok. With solely the interest of moving things along, this is my only motivation to do this (I don't really want to, but with the way almost everyone is being voted, we won't have a lynch...I'd rather something happen than nothing, and we hurt the town).

Unvote

Vote: Antifinity

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #25) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

EBWOP (I finally know what this means!): With that, I excuse myself for 48 hours as I go for pre-operative tests.

Blessings to you all.

-- JPS

--Jesus Kise was here.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #26) » Sat May 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Lol, I had an inkling to check right before wheeling myself out the door to see if there's a response.

Alright. Let's see here.

1) I haven't followed BV's activity entirely too closely, other than the fact that the only posts were to pop in, vote, and disappear. I can't presume that BV is lurking, but it is a distinct possibility. It does cast a fair amount of suspicion in doing so.

2) Should Prana turn up scum, I would think Antifinity would be the next best bet. Antifinity was second on my list to eye, but I can see that my focus on Prana isn't going to sway enough this round. Prana, for obviously the hypocritial attack that you mentioned in post 635, being a wagon-hopper, but oh well.

3) Two other scummiest? Well, Devotress pops in and out, usually with you. I HAD a scum feeling with you before, but now, not so much. Devotress, I think just pops in when she has enough deductive reasoning or something to police.

So, my answer for that would probably be Antifinity and Wolframnhart ("jokingly" climing to be a Jack of All Trades just doesn't seem right). BV's actions would place third, and then Iecerint.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #27) » Sat May 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

And I rescind my non-game related accusations of personality, as it was clearly a misunderstanding. My apologies.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (isolation #28) » Tue May 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ugh. Guys, I am SO SORRY for being MIA longer than what was expected. One would think that things would be routine, but with a history of liver failure taken into account, they decide to run everything under the sun.

I invite you to confirm with the mod, Kise, if you think I am lying.

Regardless. YES. I am delighted to see that a scum is eliminated. Perhaps we may finally be able to head down some sort of logical path.

@Glork:
I am definitely leaning more towards Antifinity being scum. I had been right initially in my Iecerint suspicion, and while my suspicion for PranaDevil has not gone away, I think Antifinity is more of a danger if he's revealed to be scum. I also suspect kdub, and my suspicions, as mentioned above, are in order of severity.

I don't want to cast a vote because we've seen what the Doom has done in the past.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (isolation #29) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Now that we see that FoS won't be adding to the Count-o-Doom...

FoS: Antifinity

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (isolation #30) » Fri May 14, 2010 7:46 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Glork wrote:This game needs a shot in the arm. Maybe I'm just getting impatient.
What do you suggest we do with the doom counter? Just wondering.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (isolation #31) » Sat May 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

With the mod's post in mind, does anybody think we could safely pinpoint a lynch and avoid losing Devo to Doom?

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (isolation #32) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ok, we are honestly at a standstill, and I can't stand this grinding halt any longer.

Vote: Antifinity

Because I'm still going with my gut feeling on this one.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (isolation #33) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Wolf: Tough luck. I don't play these games where we're just sit here until June 1st, when the deadline is, waiting for a couple of lurkers who just check in to see the same couple of people contributing time and time again.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (isolation #34) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

You can FoS me all you want, but the fact is, what direction are we actually going? I can unvote, but I have a suspicion that if June 1st came about, we're gonna go and Devotress would be dead via Doom. It's confirmed, but it hasn't been denied either. I'd rather side with trying to weed out who is casting Doom on people than sit here and twiddle my thumbs while Glork, KDub, and Devotress all go back and forth on the same people with Prana occasionally chiming in.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (isolation #35) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Edit: It hasn't been confirmed, but it hasn't been denied either.*

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #36) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Look, Antifinity is already on the slab, and we can vote him off (thereby saving you). I've been saying he's felt scummy for quite a while. I've wanted to push forward with the game because this is getting stale. I read what everybody said and I wanted to go along with it, but to be honest, he should have been lynched instead of Iecerint.

You can get behind lynching me, but I'll gladly roleclaim just to prove I'm not scum and that I'm not trying to give the scum a free daykill every day (which is probably the dumbest assumption I've heard yet), but simply getting the ball rolling on something to save you from Doom. The FoS game takes too much time, because we'll have people jumping back and forth. I think it's a waste, when we can just jump right to it.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (isolation #37) » Sun May 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Before I make a move then, if Glork is sure that Prana is scum, should I wait to unvote then re-vote for Prana?

I ask this because apparently if I make a move, everyone's jumping down my esophagus.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #38) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Devotress wrote:than JP's going to feel safe that people won't yell at him again and he'll do it again.
Unlikely. People began FoSing and discussing votes, thereby breaking the standstill of this game, so I won't have to do something that is deemed "idiotic".

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (isolation #39) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Sorry, but could you clarify what HoS is?

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (isolation #40) » Fri May 21, 2010 8:37 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Current FoS count?

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (isolation #41) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:11 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Antifinity - town jester? If the role exists?

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (isolation #42) » Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 am

Post by JPSalazar »

I still have a hunch about Antifinity being scum. It's just lingering from before.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (isolation #43) » Thu May 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

The lurker alert works for me. They aren't helping much in the game.

FoS: MehPlusRawr

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (isolation #44) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:11 am

Post by JPSalazar »

MPR: I know you're not the only lurker, but when it boils down to voting, it's not like I can throw more than one vote at someone.

I can just as easily put FoS out on thatguy00 or wolf for not appearing too much.

- Shrug. -

That's why it's only suspicion and NOT an actual vote.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (isolation #45) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:24 am

Post by JPSalazar »

@Mod: Leave of Absence, 4 days. Graduating College tomorrow (Sunday), then Graduating from Federal Emergency Training Tuesday, and Wednesday have to go appear at the Secretary of State's Office for final approval for the formation of a political advocacy group and transfer my credentials as a Reverend over into the State of Illinois.

It may be possible for me to pop in and out during these few days, but I want to make it know. Please acknowledge.

@Anyone who might care to say congrats: Thanks for your congratulations in advance. Receiving my Bachelor's of Science in Computer Information Systems, minor in Theatre.

The Emergency Training is the last portion of a study of Criminal Justice studies but without the degree (it was offered while I was still working for the Government, so hell, I took it). Doesn't mean much, except in the event the world were to go to hell in a handbasket, I'd be one of the people working insanely to save people (Lord help us all...).

And congratulations to anyone else who might have graduated recently or will be soon.

And that's the end of my off-topic post.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (isolation #46) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:20 am

Post by JPSalazar »

* Strolls in casually. *

Well, I have my degree and certifications, and have been reading up.

Regardless, I'm online, but I'm not exactly following your plan, AdumbroDeus. Maybe it's just the heat out here messing with my head.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (isolation #47) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:25 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Alright, I'll stay online and keep refreshing until 2 more show up.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I'm here. Can the two of you vote?

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ok. Waiting on Anti.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (isolation #50) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Lol @ Kise.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I know you're hiding, MPR.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Antifinity should be next to get lynched if he doesn't respond, hahaha.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

dramonic, confirm first.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I have my vote on standby.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Go go go go go go!

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (isolation #56) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Vote: MehPlusRawr

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (isolation #57) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

God I hope not.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (isolation #58) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:48 am

Post by JPSalazar »

At this point, I think it's high time we look at bill. I've isolated his posts, and he does seem to pop in and out when it is most convenient. Maybe it's just me, but...

FoS: bill1148

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (isolation #59) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I find it just too convenient that once I FoS'ed Bill, he popped up to provide some insight, and now he's seemingly taking charge...possibly in an attempt to lead people around by the nose. I'm not buying it.

I'll roleclaim if I have to (in fact I've offered in the past), but since we're also not under a constraint of beating the clock in terms of Doom, I'm throwing down the white glove.

Vote: bill1148

If I ignored a nagging feeling in my gut, in retrospect I'll look back and kick myself in the ass.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

No, I officially was placed as an impatient Townie a few nights ago. Nice try.

I love how people flaunt the 'idiot town' tag across the game when they are being targeted.

And since you're most probably going to ride my ass the rest of the time, here:

I am Galuf Baldesian, a Town Commuter. I was targeted for Doom last night, but it failed. I used the Jump command last night, so perhaps that's how I avoided it. I do use the Earth Crystal in order to use Jump, so there's one of your two Earth elementals.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Galuf_Halm_Baldesion

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1450 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

bill1148 wrote:Interesting that no one was doomed last night. I'm going to assume that our Doomer decided it is pointless to use the ability any longer, since it only gives away other player's factions. Which means Doom is defintely not a Vig or SK.
You were just so sure that nobody was Doomed. I know I was targeted because I received the PM. It's either you, Anti, or Glork that targeted me. At first, I wanted to just ignore the failed Doom and see if the Doomer would slip up, but thank you for completely blowing my attempt to wait for that to happen.

You're most likely the Doomer, primarily because you've simply poked in and out, and so many people have been receiving scummy vibes off of you for a while. I'd refer to the Inn and people's posts in there, but to be honest, I don't know if that's allowed.

Vote Count:

bill1148: 1
(JPSalazar)

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie
dramonic
Glork
Midnight's Sorrow
thatguy00

Lynch:

5 votes.

Deadline:

June 25th - 5:00 PM EST

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (isolation #62) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I wanted to see if the person who cast Doom on me would slip up and mention that Doom didn't show up (for whatever reason), which would allow me the chance to point and suggest that they cast it and are confused why it didn't work.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (isolation #63) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

@dramonic

Antifinity: I had been FoS'ing Antifinity for a few phases, even throwing down a vote on at least one occasion, because I sincerely felt scummy vibes coming off of him midway through the game.

Glork: Since the beginning, Glork has jumped down (almost) everyone's throat, but this is the least likely suspect of the three, as Glork is a reputable town player, and has done well to aid the town and work in attempt to save Devotress. I've since backed off tremendously in trying to assure myself he's scum, but there's just a lingering bit of suspicion.

bill: A lurker that has popped in and out. As mentioned in the past (I think it was Glork?), it has worked for MehPlusRawr as well as BV, so I wouldn't put it past bill to have been in the same boat, use the strategy to lurk and only pop in at convenient times, and otherwise just sit back and watch the Doom counter tick once it's placed.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (isolation #64) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Can someone please clarify what LaL and LoL are? i'm assuming it isn't laugh out loud...

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (isolation #65) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I'm attempting to rationalize:

A) why there'd be two doctors in the game.
B) why bill has jumped so hardcore into leading a charge (yeah, i can claim to be busy too) once i slapped a vote on him

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (isolation #66) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

@Glork: Why would there be a scum doctor?

I've only played Mafia (the card game)...so this whole concept of roles I've never thought possible being introduced is blowing my mind.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (isolation #67) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:55 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Nothing that I am aware of. The fact is, bill, I called you out on being scum, and you're on a crusade to lead people by the nose.

I do not buy it. One bit.

But, with Anti's lurking, I'm shifting focus now to this nonsense...but don't think you're off my radar, bill.

Unvote

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (isolation #68) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

bill1148 wrote:And I don't want to hear this "I'm impatient Townie" excuse from you anymore.
And I don't want to hear this "I was busy" excuse.

Preparing for graduation, and medical nonsense predicates my absence for a bit, as Kise (the mod) can confirm...I've informed him numerous times.

Nonetheless, I find Anti's disappearance a bit odd, considering he posted a fair amount in the past. At first I wondered if there's a silencer that prohibits posting, but realized that idea is probably extremely stupid. Either something in real life has required his attention (which is understandable), or he has a purpose in lurking.

Without a roleclaim from him soon, it's possible that we may not be safe (obviously). I clearly can't assure people that I am not scum, because people will have their own disposition as to what role I am...even though I am a commuter.

To quote one of my favorite TV characters: "You believe what you want about me. That's what everyone else does."

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (isolation #69) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

@Glork: I commuted N1, N3, N5. The rules are I can only do it on non-consecutive nights.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1733 (isolation #70) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:45 am

Post by JPSalazar »

I do not have doom.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1748 (isolation #71) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I pushed for the quick win?

I said I was impatient with the stalling in the past. Everyone's throwing "JP is scum" around, but I've yet to see anything other than saying because I claimed elemental, I'm an elemental scum.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1749 (isolation #72) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Addendum:

Believe what you will, but I've given my role already.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1757 (isolation #73) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

AdumbroDeus wrote:@JP You gave no legitimate reason for bill being scum, even though you were pushing for his lynch. You pretty much ignored the possibility that it was lylo last game day.

I also find it odd that you're claiming commuter and we just lynched a scum commuter, I doubt there are two commuters in this game, two doctors is odd enough.

Also, since the only elemental that didn't flip scum was a death miller (argh... really), I think it's fair to say that elementals are extremely suspicious, especially given how strongly chrono was opposing the idea that elementals are scum.

You haven't exactly played a strong pro-town game otherwise either.

Who do you think is scum?

What do you think of anti and midnight?
:: Takes a deep breath. ::

Where to begin with this?

1) Was I not right about bill? I said bill was scum, and he practically gave himself away. Absolutely too inconsistent with being lich, then backtracking like it didn't happen. I pointed it out at least once, and I know bill was aware I had him locked as my decision as scum.

2) Yeah, two doctors in a game is odd, why is it hard to accept two commuters...even if one was scum? I can't question why I was given the role, I'm assuming the roles were given out at random.

3) Does it not make sense that Kise would come up with a role that would be elemental, a townie, and a commuter, encompassing everything to make that person seem incredibly scummy, then when the person is lynched, flips Town, and people go 'WTF'? I think when I was issued the role, Kise might have thought that I'd have been dead by now. If I was dead, at least this would have proven that elementals have NO BEARING ON BEING TOWN OR SCUM. Seriously. This game has played out so awkwardly, because look at it - the first two nights, four townies were bumped off.

3.5) I can add that PranaDevil flipped Kjata, which was an Elemental Townie, so your point is incorrect in mentioning the only elemental that didn't flip scum was a Death Miller. Is there a reason there isn't an Elemental Commuter? We've pretty much got the lot on everything else...2 Masons, 2 Thieves, Vanilla Towns, a Death Miller, a scum Commuter, Goons, and a Politician.

4) I may not be the strongest player in the game, but as I said from the get-go, I'm new to this 'flavor', and all this nonsense. I'm partial to what the actual card game is like.

5) I do not think there are two town doctors. We had a lot of people in the game (22), yeah, but 2 doctors? Really? I'm inclined to believe a doctor may be a scum doctor and one being a town doctor. This might sound like an absolutely STUPID thought to the rest of you, especially since you think I'm a damned scum because I claimed to be an Elemental Commuter, but I believe this to be a distinct possibility.

6) About Antifinity: I've believed Anti to be scum for a few phases now. I'm beginning to wonder if the Doom cast was made by Lich (bill) before he died, or if someone is presently alive and Dooming people (2 Doomers?). 2 Doomers can be unlikely, yes, but Anti can't be plain Vanilla. No way.

6.5) About Midnight: New-ish into the game, but the point you raised about Midnight mentioning how "But I don't think there is a second scum team". The rationale is "Midnight was crazy then"? Really? REALLY? I said I'm an impatient townie and a bunch of people jumped on me. If this doesn't throw up a flag to possibly saying "Hey, I'm scum and backtracking", I don't know what the hell will.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”