Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@crypto: Actually, I did acknowledge that you had a vote on me. The reason why I didn't persude you is because you didn't explain why you find me suspicious. I acknowledge SpyreX's and Wickedestjr's reasons because they at least explained why they found me suspicious.

Even if the reason isn't "interesting", at
least
explain why you find me suspicious.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by crypto »

I might just not bother for a while. :)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I acknowledge SpyreX's and Wickedestjr's reasons because they at least explained why they found me suspicious.
You did? Where?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Sando »

Llama, you spend an entire (and pretty long post at that) attacking almasta, then vote me? Some reasoning beyond 'he's attacking me still' would be nice, especially given that you're being attacked for
not
providing reasoning.

I agree with podium though, Llama looks more like bad play than scum, and yes, I was pushing him podium, I wanted a reaction and I got one.

Spyrex is pretty quiet, and given I
think
he's whinging about the lack of content at the start of the game, he's provided basically none this game.
Spyrex wrote: Hrrrfff this start.
Attacking someone for not having a scum read then basically providing no reasoning beyond that that itself is scummy, seems like simply wanting to attack SSBF and not wanting to be called a hypocrite.

Unvote, Vote: Spyrex

Spyrex, if SSBF hadn't said they found noone suspicious, since you haven't really expressed any concerns about anyone else, presumably you'd be in the same situation he is in? Who else do you find scummy? Why?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Baby steps my lord.

I'm not about to go ohh snap RVS is over, unvote and then say I addressed these things when I haven't.

I've got a triumvrate of people who I think are, in fact, town and a whole mess of jerks that need to shake themselves through.
Show

Proud member of BaM
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by crypto »

I'm totally up for wagoning on Spyre but I don't want to lose the admittedly shallow and bland mystique of my vote on SSBF.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

ssbf:
Your vote is currently on Sando. If you're putting a vote on a person, that means you are supporting a lynch on that particular person eventually. Now granted, it doesn't mean you're gung-ho on the lynch now as you pointed out, but eventually, if you still have the vote on that person, you'll want him dead.
Yeah, what's your point?

Llama, you spend an entire (and pretty long post at that) attacking almasta, then vote me? Some reasoning beyond 'he's attacking me still' would be nice, especially given that you're being attacked for not providing reasoning.
Because I'm an idiot. I thought that a random vote was meant to be serious because I read the thread out of order. At least, I'm fairly certain I did. I can build an entire castle, but if I built it on sand then it doesn't really matter does it?
As for giving you a reason... Go to the bottom of the page. See the part where it says 'display posts from previous:' click the downward facing arrow to the right of the part where it says 'all users' and then click 'llamaeatataco'. Now click go. read the second to bottom post on the page you will be taken to, then the one above it. There's your reasoning.
crypto:
I'm totally up for wagoning on Spyre but I don't want to lose the admittedly shallow and bland mystique of my vote on SSBF.

I was right, this will be an interesting game. :D

anyway... as for what you actually, said, and your issue with ssbf... I would say I find it suspicious that you didn't give a reason, but I'm so taken in by your disarming charm and wit that I forgot completely what my problem was in the first place... Actually, I just think I know what you're doing and where it will hopefully go and I want to see if it works.

As for spyrex, I don't particularly like metagaming and stuff like that, so I'm just going to stay out of that one.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by podium123456 »

This game is bananas.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

llamaeatataco wrote:random off topic question: how do you do those awesome quotes? There's probably a wiki page, but I can't find it.
Press the quote button at the top right of the individual post. If doing multiple people, copy/paste them all into one reply.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Sando »

to make funky quotes, do [quote="name"

Obviously then just close the []'s.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

AlmasterGM wrote: If that's a catchup post...try again.
llamaeatataco wrote:
^ wholehearted agreement.
crypto wrote: I agree.
More later.
What can I say. I just don't like arbitrary analysis. Here's something real you guys can talk about:

I claim Miller ( I will turn out to be scum by cop investigation or lynch despite being a Townie ).
Justice will prevail
\m/
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Prehaps it's just me, but I really did not like nopointinactingup's early claim. I really don't see the benefit of claiming this early in the game when we still have plenty of time left (I guaratee you the exact same result would happen if he claimed closer to the end of the game).
Wickedestjr wrote:You did? Where?
I acknowledge Wickedestjr in responses to him. As for you, I read through your post voting me, which was enough to get me to acknowledge it and understand it. I didn't really have to make a response.
llamaeatataco wrote:Yeah, what's your point?
Basically, you contradicted yourself in the same post. You said you didn't want anyone lynched yet, then you take back the statement by voting Sando.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:08 am

Post by crypto »

What the hell?
Unvote. Vote: nopointinactingup.

The SSBF vote was simply there because he was avoiding the thread while not avoiding other threads. It stayed when he failed to acknowledge it, which struck me as awkwardly indecisive, as though he didn't know how to react.

(I did say it wasn't interesting.)

SpyreX is scummy pretty much for the reasons Sando outlined. "Hrrrfff this start" followed by a lack of content that might counterbalance the "Hrrrfff"-inducing state of play is entirely uncool. Continuing in iso. 3, "SSBF: You are saying you have no 'scummy' reads on anyone? Really? Even baby steps is better than nothing" looks a bit lackluster to me, and so does the attached vote. He's done not much more in the rest of his posts.

And I was just gearing up for a vote hop when nopointinactingup blasted in with the uncalled-for miller claim. That makes me sad. I wish this site would be more strict in its game requirements for newbies.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:16 am

Post by crypto »

I'm sorry, there were egregious quantities of moron in that post.
Unvote. Vote: SpyreX.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Sando wrote:
hiphop wrote:So I ask you again, why am I scummy?
I've merely said that I'm suspicious of you for your current play. I haven't voted you, I haven't said you're scum, I haven't FOS'd you.
This is scummy. He completely avoids answering hiphop's question while at the same time he feels the need to point out that he hasn't voted, fos'd, or called hiphop scum.

What do you guys think about the points I have brought up against Sando in my last few posts?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:35 am

Post by crypto »

That looks to me like a perfectly fine answer to hiphop's question.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:44 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Prehaps it's just me, but I really did not like nopointinactingup's early claim. I really don't see the benefit of claiming this early in the game when we still have plenty of time left (I guaratee you the exact same result would happen if he claimed closer to the end of the game).
I would see some apparent town-benefit of role-claiming miller since my role is rather an unverifiable anti-town town role.
1> It gives town clearer info so as to make decisions ( If you guys are going to lynch don't trust me, you should lynch me now, not at endgame when the risks of losing are higher. Eg: Now you may reduce town chance of winning by sm 10% by lynching me while the decision to lynch me at lylo would reduce town's chance of winning by 100%).
2> If I claim Miller at my L-1 at some point during the game, it may seem very opportunistic and dishonest and thus untrustworthy and I'd probably get lynched anyways. Thus, it would increase my chance of surviving if I claim Miller now and as the only person who can verify myself town (even after death), I should do my best to survive.

Here are some reasons I thought you guys should think I'm town though.
If I was scum, claiming miller now would put myself in the open and surely increases my chance of being lynched.
If I was miller, claiming miller now would increase my chance of surviving through the reasons above.
--> Hence, there's no reason for a real Miller not to claim miller right from the start of the game ( ofcourse I did ask the mod whether it was legitimate ).
crypto wrote: And I was just gearing up for a vote hop when nopointinactingup blasted in with the uncalled-for miller claim. That makes me sad. I wish this site would be more strict in its game requirements for newbies.
You may want to reconsider your condescending opinion yes? What requirement says I cannot role-claim?
Justice will prevail
\m/
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:59 am

Post by crypto »

Condescension and I go hand in hand.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:00 am

Post by crypto »

And yeah, as I said much of that post of mine was moronic.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:17 am

Post by hiphop »

Sando wrote:I've stated why I'm suspicious of you, then I quoted what I said, then you quoted it. Just because 1 part of it was incorrect doesn't invalidate my suspicions. Stop pretending that I haven't made myself clear.
No, I want to know. Through all the mumbo jumbo, your reasons are unclear. Please state it again.
Sando wrote:Hiphop was looking very good till the vote on almaster.
This is the main reason, why you find me suspicious. Why did you not like my vote on Almaster?
Sando wrote:I think your 'I'm going to act like a jackass to get scum to jump on an easy target' was pretty contrived. I don't think a townie would legitimately think they'd catch scum with that.
What if I told you that when I was acting like one, I had no intentions to start an easy bw on me, but I did however go with it.
podium123456 wrote:IMO, most of the reason this has turned into a mountain is because you included 'wagon tiem' with your vote on hiphop. If you had said 'vote: hiphop because he is being annoying', and left it at that, it would look like a normal RVS vote.
QFT Based on that, I still do not think it was a rvs vote.
AlmasterGM wrote: Seacore's "interesting" attack was easily my favorite argument from 955, and yes, that's where I got the idea (but I didn't want to just copy and paste it). And considering Deer was scum, I don't know if that's the best idea.
:lol: Perhaps you are right.:lol: I actually thought of that, but I didn't want to let it go by.
AlmasterGM wrote: Nonresponsive. I asked you why it was interesting and you still haven't said why, you've just stated what interesting means. You're using "interesting" as a mask to avoid posting an argument and waiting for someone else to do it.
hiphop wrote:It is interesting to note that Almaster bw for a non-scummy reason.
That is what I find interesting about your vote. Piling on perhaps. Hoping to get in the middle of the pack, and start a momentum towards me. All interesting facts, but then again it could be what you now say it is a rvs vote.

Truth be told, when I first saw the vote, I thought that you had somewhat of a legit reason for having a vote on me. I was thinking that to you obnoxious equals scummy. Not my idea of scummy, but everybody has their own views, but when you come back and say obnoxious does not equal scummy, then I think, now wait a minute, he is bwing me, for a non-scummy reason. Why? And the most logical answer is piling on and hoping to drive me towards a mis-lynch. Therefore you are scummy for the piling on for no reason whatsoever.

In response to your omgus and being jumpy because someone is atttacking me- meta me. Those are two things a newbie will do. Also someone might do it as a habit. You have seen me play as town or scum, did I ever in either of those two games (or even in any of my games) done it before. And obviously you are the only one that believes so, so clearly it is only a matter of your opinion.
Wickedestjr wrote: His third question also seems a bit odd to me. Looks like he is either trying to defend almasterg too much or is using a weak argument against hiphop.
I agree with the former. His defense of Almaster is odd, being he defended over something that wasn't even factual.
SpyreX wrote:I've got a triumvrate of people who I think are, in fact, town and a whole mess of jerks that need to shake themselves through.
Lurky lurking lurker. Spyrex why didn't you answer his question?
Who do you find suspicous? What do you think of my recent arguments? Am I being jumpy? Have you read the entire game? Why isn't rvs over? Is SSBF still your top suspect?

nopointinactingup wrote: I claim Miller ( I will turn out to be scum by cop investigation or lynch despite being a Townie ).
Everybody should read this-claiming miller Most people agree that claiming miller the first day is the best way for a miller to claim. Think about it, should a miller claim after the cop has investigated him. Nobody would believe him. However him claiming on day 1, is extremely pro-town, not only increases his chance of being lynched, but the cop the cop also does not waste an investigation on him. The cop SHOULD NOT investigate Np. because everybody knows what the investigation will turn out to be. Guilty. If he is mafia then it will be guilty, and if he is town, then obviously he is telling the truth, so the result will be guilty. Even though I have never played with a miller before, I believe the best way to handle him is if he is scummy lynch him, and if he acts townie not lynch him.

Just because the cop should not investigate him, does not mean the tracker or even the vig should not target him.

One thing is very clear-
The cop should not investigate nopointinactingup
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Sando »

hiphop wrote:This is the main reason, why you find me suspicious. Why did you not like my vote on Almaster?
Hey, he finally gets it! I've stated why I find you suspicious about 5 times now, simply saying 'hey you're not giving a reason' doesn't make it so. I've also stated about 5 times that I don't find you particularly scummy, in fact you're obviously not in at the top given that when I unvoted Llama, I didn't vote you.

Yes, you're vote on Almaster was terrible, it was basically 'ahah! Scum has fallen into my devious trap'. Whether you still think he's scum, the initial vote was pretty bad. People following were just as bad.
hiphop wrote:What if I told you that when I was acting like one, I had no intentions to start an easy bw on me, but I did however go with it.
Are we playing in hypothetical land now? I wouldn't believe you, you had to know you'd get at least 2-3 votes, you're not an idiot, and you jumped on the first person to BW you.
SpyreX wrote:Baby steps my lord.

I'm not about to go ohh snap RVS is over, unvote and then say I addressed these things when I haven't.

I've got a triumvrate of people who I think are, in fact, town and a whole mess of jerks that need to shake themselves through.
That seems to be about the reason for you voting SSBF though...

Regarding the Miller claim, this isn't simply a Miller claim though, this is a Death Miller, which as far as I'm aware is a very rarely used role. I agree with hiphop on this one though, I don't see the point in lynching for it, and I don't think it gets town points, basically status quo, lynch if we genuinely think scum.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

@miller claim: what hiphop said, basically. Cop don't investigate, good to claim now etc.

ssbf wrote:
Basically, you contradicted yourself in the same post. You said you didn't want anyone lynched yet, then you take back the statement by voting Sando.

No I didn't. You even acknowledged that I didn't in the post before this I think. Here, I'll quote it for you:

ssbf wrote: Your vote is currently on Sando. If you're putting a vote on a person, that means you are supporting a lynch on that particular person eventually. Now granted, it doesn't mean you're gung-ho on the lynch now as you pointed out, but eventually, if you still have the vote on that person, you'll want him dead.

llama wrote:(I don't even want a lynch this early anyway, he hasn't incriminated himself enough yet.)
ssbf wrote: Your vote is currently on Sando.
If you're putting a vote on a person, that means you are supporting a lynch on that particular person eventually. Now granted, it doesn't mean you're gung-ho on the lynch now as you pointed out
, but eventually, if you still have the vote on that person, you'll want him dead.

ssbf wrote: Basically, you contradicted yourself in the same post. You said you didn't want anyone lynched yet, then you take back the statement by voting Sando.

I would re-paste the quotes of you over and over alternating to simulate one of those scenes in a cartoon where a person looks from one object to another that seems to contradict its existence [IE: two identical objects/people] but that would be annoying and you can get the same effect by flicking your eyes back and forth between the two quotes. I bolded the important bits to make it easier for you to see what I was getting at, but here's what it is in a nutshell: You said at first that you agreed with me (votes don't mean I want to lynch immediately) and then you say that you meant I contradicted myself. Wtf are you trying to say?

Spyrex is lurking. What's your point? Lurking =/= scum all the time, but we could pressure vote him or something. IMO lurkers are fine d1 lynches actually...

unvote, vote:spyrex
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good lord I've NEVER lurked through a game either way and watching that as the crux in this one is awesome but I digress because this page has some good things that I'll get to in a skosh.
crypto wrote: SpyreX is scummy pretty much for the reasons Sando outlined. "Hrrrfff this start" followed by a lack of content that might counterbalance the "Hrrrfff"-inducing state of play is entirely uncool. Continuing in iso. 3, "SSBF: You are saying you have no 'scummy' reads on anyone? Really? Even baby steps is better than nothing" looks a bit lackluster to me, and so does the attached vote. He's done not much more in the rest of his posts.
This start IS a hrffff and if you're arguing otherwise well lets lay it down. It seems like its a lackluster vote because it IS a lackluster vote - the only bit I'd still love a clear answer on is where he addressed it because I still dont see it.

Nopo's claim is balls-out as scum and I'm not seeing it. At all. Especially as a death miller. Its gonna take a lot more than ohh sigh lets lynch the claimed miller.
hiphop wrote:Lurky lurking lurker. Spyrex why didn't you answer his question? Who do you find suspicous? What do you think of my recent arguments? Am I being jumpy? Have you read the entire game? Why isn't rvs over? Is SSBF still your top suspect?
What question? SSBF's "ohh well RVS is over lets not vote anyone" doesn't help. Sayign that he's addressed this doesn't make sense.

BUT here's a better question:
106 wrote: As for spyrex, I don't particularly like metagaming and stuff like that, so I'm just going to stay out of that one.
[quote"120"]Spyrex is lurking. What's your point? Lurking =/= scum all the time, but we could pressure vote him or something. IMO lurkers are fine d1 lynches actually...

unvote, vote:spyrex[/quote]

What's the big difference between here? Perhaps its a crypto vote and hiphop prepping for a jump?

Whoosha

Unvote, Vote: Llama
Show

Proud member of BaM
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:16 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Ftr, I am of the opinion that in the RVS you can certainly start a bandwagon on a player even if they haven't done anything scummy.

Not too impressed by nopoint's post 85. First he gives a bad response to crypto's question, then even though his response to charter is justified, he doesn't deny the accusation. The last sentence is terrible also. All his reads are copies of other player's reads and he gives himself room to backpedal by saying that they are just gut reads. The fact that he doesn't have any reasons to suspect anybody seems suspicious.
SSBF wrote:This is correct. The reason why it's different is because I absolutely hated my play in that game, going as far to call it my 2nd worst game of Mafia I've ever played (1st was Smash Bros. Mafia in Smash World Forums). I tend to play slightly better then in that game.
What exactly did you do to change your playstyle?

Not sure what to think of nopoint's claim. I don't have a problem with early claims, but I don't see why he didn't just claim in his very first post instead of waiting until now.

More later tonight.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:52 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Actually Spyrex, there isn't really a difference. At that point in time I figured they were going for some sort of weird 'you played differently in this game where you were town, so you must be scum' things. Now you're just straight up not really saying anything of value, and active lurkers are good d1 lynches.

wicked wrote: Not too impressed by nopoint's post 85. First he gives a bad response to crypto's question, then even though his response to charter is justified, he doesn't deny the accusation. The last sentence is terrible also. All his reads are copies of other player's reads and he gives himself room to backpedal by saying that they are just gut reads. The fact that he doesn't have any reasons to suspect anybody seems suspicious.
Now that you mention it... That does seem to be the case. Now shall we proceed to miller claim Wifom? 'did he intentionally draw attention to himself because he's town and it doesn't matter to him, or did he do it because he's scum and wants to look town?'

oh, and because I missed it in my last post and I want to feel like this post means something:
wicked wrote:
Sando wrote:
hiphop wrote: So I ask you again, why am I scummy?
I've merely said that I'm suspicious of you for your current play. I haven't voted you, I haven't said you're scum, I haven't FOS'd you.
This is scummy. He completely avoids answering hiphop's question while at the same time he feels the need to point out that he hasn't voted, fos'd, or called hiphop scum.
crypto wrote:That looks to me like a perfectly fine answer to hiphop's question.

O RLY? I'm pretty sure everything Wicked said was true. He did avoid the question. He did try to disguise this by pointing out that he didn't vote/fos him. Or maybe he thought that excused his not answering the question. I dunno.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:01 am

Post by Sando »

llama wrote:O RLY? I'm pretty sure everything Wicked said was true. He did avoid the question. He did try to disguise this by pointing out that he didn't vote/fos him. Or maybe he thought that excused his not answering the question. I dunno.
Seriously? He's asking me why I find him scummy, when I have never said that I find him scummy. I'll show you how stupid this is:

Crypto, why do you find me scummy?!?!?!

See? Stupid question.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”