Mini 1057: Unsubsidized Mafia (Game Over!)

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Nexus »

/confirm
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:08 am

Post by Nexus »

vote: singersigner

You know why. *narrows eyes*
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh, no, not really a solid reason. singersigner was the remaining scum in the only game I played with her, and I was convinced she was town.

That's all. I have nothing solid re: this game.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Nexus »

Thor665 wrote:Lordy lawks, why would you misrepresent the truth then!

In any case, the wagon with the most votes is probably right, and I'm on it - so I win.
What exactly did I misrepresent?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Nexus »

I was confused as to what you meant, actually, but whatever.

Cool that you quickly jump wagons, though. Of course, it doesn't really matter at this early stage. Perhaps I'll wait for the others before doing anything else.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by Nexus »

@Far_Cry: That was pretty much a fail by me. It was supposed to come out as sarcasm, I do in fact find it a little suspicious that he was quite happy to jump wagons-in RVS, if you want a wagon to get going, stay on the one you choose unless you have an actual solid reason to change. I find the reasons for my wagon a little clutchy at straws, especially because I was annoyed that Thor said I had misrepped something, and wanted to know what I had, or what had been interpreted as such, so then getting a wagon on me was confusing, but eh.

I didn't post because I've recently become unemployed, and so have spent the last day and a half on the phone to various companies to try and sort something out. However, nothing's come to fruition, so I'll be posting more again.

I realise it's been briefly mentioned, but why is Jack waiting until page 5, and why haven't more people been bothered by this? In what way is it beneficial to the town that he waits until page five to read and input? I'm finding that quite suspicious, and so I am going to
unvote
and VOTE: Jack until he comes back and explains what's going on.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Nexus »

nhammen: I was too focussed on Thor because he was the one that caught my attention first. I don't know why I didn't address Demon either.

Sorry, I missed the question first time around.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Nexus »

@mod I voted Jack...

Fixed.
Last edited by Chevre on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #104 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Nexus »

I don't have any scum meta. That is my only completed game on the site.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #114 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by Nexus »

Ok ok. If that's Jack's playstyle, why didn't he come out and say something about it when he posted today? He has to have read the thread to make the assumption that he can't get anything out of it. Why are you all jumping to Jack's defence, when he's perfectly capable of defending himself?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Nexus »

Devon, Jack and jimfinn have all just "Checked in" without really helping the game.

Any thoughts on this, everyone else?

I know it's only page 7, but that kind of action later in the game would be seen as active lurking, so why is it acceptable within the first few days? I know you can argue that you can't come up with a scum read that easily, but by only "checking in," surely they are making it even more difficult to come up with opinions...
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #160 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP I understand that Devon is having problems, so is excused slightly in my eyes.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #180 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Nexus »

semi v/la until Saturday.

Sorry.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #202 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm gonna have to extend my v/la until Monday Evening. Something's come up.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #237 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Nexus »

Ok, I'm back early.

Right: Jack replacing out, after making us wait. I'm not happy about that, but whatever. I'm not convinced he's scum anymore, though.

Thor: Yes, he's acting anti-town, but that doesn't mean he's scummy. I've made that mistake before.

Singer: More aggressive than I've seen her before. As the last time I played with her, she was scum, this means I'm not feeling her as scum today.

DH: I'm undecided on. I think he's a little scummy, and I think his needing to justify Devon was unnecessary, but to vote for him based on that? No.

Far_Cry: Post #235 is an interesting one. It reads to me like a bit of "oh, I made a mistake, I'm trying to rectify it, so leave me be. Which, really, we shouldn't be doing. So no, that doesn't wash with me. Keeping pressure on, and you not making anymore scumslips would prove you're town. Taking pressure off would just make it easier for you.

The others, I don't really have much on.

So yes, I don't really know. I want to see what the replacements have to say. However, I'll
unvote
for now.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #240 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh, I'm sorry for having a life and having to leave.

You're acting like an ass, with sarcasm and general nasty comments. Which detracts from actual conversation.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #241 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Nexus »

*conversation should read scumhunting.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #243 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Nexus »

I think you're calling me out on having to go v/la was unnecessary and a little harsh, yes. I also think your attitude is a little harsh, and I've been at MS for a few months now, and there are worse people than you, yes.

I know sarcasm isn't a scumtell, but I find your attitude a little unhelpful, and thus anti-town. Your comment a couple of pages back about "I
must
be scum blah blah blah" was unnecessary.

It's all good. I'll re read the thread again and see what happens. I apologise for being distracting.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #245 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Nexus »

I would've ignored it, because otherwise I'd have said something stupid, knowing me :)
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #248 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Nexus »

It's just your attitude. I can't really explain it, it just grated on me, so can we stop having this distracting conversation and do it after the game, please.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #250 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm struggling to articulate myself. If I suddenly have a burst of inspiration, then I will. I can only apologise for not knowing how best to describe it.

I said it was anti-town, that doesn't mean I consider you the scummiest. Don't worry, I wouldn't base a vote on solely that.

Once again, apologies.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #292 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Nexus »

Why, exactly, are you roleclaiming, when there is next to no suspicion on you?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #318 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Nexus »

I'm still here, I don't even know why I disappeared. I apologise.

I'd also like to say that I didn't ask, or indeed want singer to defend me. It was annoying me that she was, and it is a good plan of hers-when she flipped, get the town to chase after who she was defending.

So yeah, I have had no desire to be associated with singer at all.

Also, I'm not that new. I was in a Newbie game with her, but I've since played other games, so her "Leave Nexus alone because he's new," line, is crap.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #333 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Nexus »

Andrigan/saporovirus:
Defends the Far_Cry wagon. Asks Jack to contribute more, which is fair enough. Fair case on Redtail.
Sap: ROLECLAIMING WHUT!?!. I don't even agree with his argument for roleclaiming. It's silly. Other than that, he hasn't really done much either way.

DemonHybrid:
Three random votes in the space of two hours. Posts like..nothing for a few of his posts. Goes from saying I'm his number 1 scum read to Redtail being his number one scumread. Granted, he explains it, but...eh. The way he speaks is quite distracting, see ISO #22. Claimed at L-2, claimed an easy claim, so eh. Posts to defend Devon, after getting on Singer's back for her saying something similar about me. Gets angry that he's got a vote. Buddies with me in iso #54, pretty good turn after I was his must scummy pick for a while.

My main problem with DH is the sheer amount of fluff he posts whilst posting a little info and analysis. It's somewhat distracting. Also, don't like him trying to set up a "this is how we do it" in post #58. Not really a town thing to do, imo.

Devon/Sotty7:
"Honestly I don't care..." is not a good attitude, even if it is her first game. Only posts were to check in and explain things. Hard to come up with a read on her, though.

Sotty: Votes Far_Cry, says it's scummy but not really why. She does give excellent analysis though. Town read. Needs to post today. Actualy leaning towards town with Sotty, though.

Far_Cry:
Wanted to wait to get out of RVS. Why is he so concerned about the level of activity? OMGUS's jimfinn, and is really angry about the state of the game. This seems like frustrated town to me. He claims it's not OMGUS, but I am not convinced. "...I don't like to piggyback or buddy at this point, but..." distancing, much? (ISO #35)

Angry "WHY AREN'T YOU VOTING FOR ME!?" seems confusing. Not really sure what to make of it.

Jack/ThAdmiral:
My feelings on Jack are clear. He was lurking, then he dropped the game. Thanks.

ThAdmiral: Admirable analysis. Don't agre with early miller claim, but eh. Leaning towards town on ThAdmiral too.

Thor:
Very sarcastic, and seems a little distracting, but eh. Does seem desperate to start a wagon, and whilst I moaned about his vote hopping, I have since reconsidered, and perhaps make this to be more of a town tell, or it's excellent scum play, because who would expect scum to be stupid enough to keep going at people? Hmmm. Does get a little tunnelly on DH, but it's kinda understandable.

jimfinn:
Random vote that then required everyone to say "eh!?". Not sure if that was intentional or not. At least he explains it. Checks in to say he's here, but he doesn't really say much else. Hooray for tunnelling Far_Cry. Seems to be active lurking, and is one of the worst.

nhammen:
9 posts? Impressive. His first "analysis" was like...nothing useful. He says a lot of "agree" and "good points", which isn't really needed. and also !?!??! and other things aren't really contributing anything. Hasn't posted on Day 2 yet. As far as I can see he hasn't really done much besides agree to other people.

redtail896:
Asks for more, but he doesn't give us anything instead. *rages at incorrect usage of 'you're', but otherwise excellent case on singersigner. Yet another one who hasn't posted on Day 2.

Sorry I sort of disappeared, I had to deal with some stuff, which meant I didn't have my entire attention on MS, and fucked things up in other games. I'm more or less back, technically should be v/la from tomorrow until Sunday, but I'm gonna try and stick around.

My current scummiest are: nhammen for actually lurking and contributing very little, imo. DH for his fluff to content ratio, and jimfinn for sort of active lurking. Only definite town reads are Sotty and ThAdmiral.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #335 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Nexus »

Haha. Pretty epic fail there. That's what I get for only ISOing posts. Yes, Sotty is town. I'm glad my towndar is working :D. Apologies.

But yes, Day 2. DH makes his grand plan which is stupid and pointless and really does not sit well with me. I don't mind the Far Cry wagon so much though. It's nice to see jimfinn actually say something, but a vote and nothing else? Also doesn't sit well. ThAdmiral has hit the nail on the head. Far Cry is acting like an ass, which in itself isn't a scum tell, it is kinda distracting.

Saparo: I didn't want to completely ignore what singer had said about me, so I wanted to at least try and explain it.

I'd be happy with Far_Cry and jimfinn, but out of the two, I'd prefer jimfinn, he hasn't done anything really, very few posts. At least Far Cry has contributed to the game.

So yeah, VOTE: jimfinn
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #339 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Nexus »

"a little tunnelly" as in, he was, but isn't anymore.

And I was writing as I read, he was vote hopping early on in the game, and that's what I mainly remembered from him.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #391 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Nexus »

Ok, ok, I take all your points against me, and yes, I've been lacklustre, but I'm still not the worst for it. Redtail and nhammen have been much worse, and you're letting nhammen skip free. Turns out, best way to get you guys onside is to do eff all.

Thor: The sarcasm was a case of I find it rather anti town, because sarcasm doesn't convey well over the internet, and so when I read your posts, I take them at face value. If you've added sarcasm, I'm going to miss it, and it looks scummy sometimes. No more, no less.

Far Cry: You are quite wrong. This isn't my first game as scum because, well...I'm not scum. So, hold your horses, k? I said I'd be happy with a you or jimfinn lynch because, at that moment, it didn't look like my scummier suspects were heading for the noose, so I was simply stating the two wagons and that I'm happy to jump on either of them.

Also, re: Singer. I've never had scum latch onto me like that before, so I didn't know the best way to defend myself. So, I came out and said the first thing that I thought might help.

But yes, I admit, I've been pretty poor in this game. However, you shouldn't be focussing on me. You've let jimfinn escape scot free without really having to defend himself. What was the point in the wagon, really?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #392 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by Nexus »

Also, I did say I was technically supposed to be v/la until today, I just wasn't entirely sure. Turns out I did end up having to stay away. I'll be back, properly involved this evening.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #401 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Nexus »

That's me on L-1. Do you want me to claim?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #405 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Nexus »

Indeed. My mistake.

FWIW, I think DH is now town, as I think that scum would've just hammered, rather than declaring an intention to hammer if my claim didn't meet their approval.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #406 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP or, at least, more likely to be town. Of course, I could be completely wrong.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #408 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh. Alright then. My mistake.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #435 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Nexus »

Claim time?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #436 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Nexus »

Also, how is the day nearly over? There's 9 days left, deadline's October the 29th. Take your panties out of a knot.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #439 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:25 am

Post by Nexus »

Nexus wrote:I was confused as to what you meant, actually, but whatever.

C
ool that you quickly jump wagons, though.
O
f course, it doesn't really matter at this early stage.
P
erhaps I'll wait for the others before doing anything else.
For what use I've been. I fucked up and missed the night phase. So no, I have nothing else to back up my claims. I was hoping I'd avoid getting to L-1 and the lurker would be lynched so as I could do something N2, but since noone believed me, I have no choice.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #441 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Nexus »

Thor.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #442 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Nexus »

However, tonight it would be someone different, I think.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #444 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Nexus »

It's the first game I've had a night role, and I think it was my third or fourth game I'd signed up to-I've finished shorter games in the interim.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #448 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Nexus »

Latter, not former, Thor. I had stuff to deal with, that distracted me from the games. I couldn't post v/la in the thread, and forgot to tell chevre. I made a mistake, and I can only apologise for how much I've screwed the town over.

I am also confused as to why everyone's going over to Far_Cry when it was supposed to be between me and jimfinn. :/
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #462 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Nexus »

unvote

I'm gonna have to read Far Cry again. I'm getting convinced now.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #465 (isolation #40) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Nexus »

I don't rightly know. However, the fact that the wagon has built up as quickly as it did, again, means that there must be something there. So I'm going to read and see whether people are making a mountain out of a molehill, or have in fact got a point.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #471 (isolation #41) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Nexus »

Far Cry: In the space of two posts, he says "Yay, well done for helping us to move towards getting out of RVS" and then he says "Wait, no, don't go out of RVS!" This, to me, is confusing, and contradictory. Admits he is wrong, and that he should contribute mmore. Dunno what to make of that; I think it's just being conciliatory so as not to ruffle any feathers.

Doesn't seem to want to take a stance until there was more talking. Really defensive re: Thor. A lot of complaints about activity on Day 1.

Day 2: He agrees with someone elses work. Riding the waves wooo. Got really angry at saporovirus for pointing it out too. I find that quite suspicious, really quite defensive (ISO #40) He posts a good town list, though, although a lot of it is patting others on the back. Trying to win points off of them?

Asking questions (ISO #53), not a play I've seen mid-game, it's usually done RVS. Might just be because I'm fairly new.

Needs to come back, he's disappeared after he asked DH a question. Although, DH's response was pretty poor. "I already explained it, I'm not going to reiterate it."

DH is actually quite fixated by Far_Cry.

Far_Cry is a bit scummy, yes, but I'd prefer to lynch jimfinn out of the two. At least FC is more active.

So, I'm probably going to go back to jimfinn.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #473 (isolation #42) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Nexus »

See, that's one of my main concerns. DH is absolutely 100% convinced that FC is scum, and I think it's clouding him a bit.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #479 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Nexus »

Something you'd know a lot about, non?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #484 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Nexus »

Yet you haven't really managed to come up with a decent reply to any of the accusations levelled at you?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #500 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by Nexus »

VOTE: jimfinn

Should never have taken my vote off.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #904 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Nexus »

Nice one guys.

Sorry I effed up as cop. Luckily the rest of you were awesome.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #908 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Nexus »

I was convinced that DH was the last scum.

I had a not guilty on redtail when I died, so I was screaming with annoyance that you were almost lynched.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”