Mini 14 ~ Mafia Holographica (Game Over!)

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Feysal »

Move(UP);

This is going to be one weird game. I have no idea what I'm doing, or what strategy I should be using.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Feysal »

Okay, this is going to get confusing real quick.

I understand why the rules were changed, making actions resolve at a specific time and order, but it has the effect that players can react to actions before they happen, since they are posted in thread. If you're allowed to cancel actions it gets even stranger, with players reacting to actions that never happen at all. So I have to ask, is there such a thing as canceling an action?

I also expect the action resolution order to bring about some unexpected results. Imagine a player leaving a region and another player entering it some time later. The player leaving the region then decides to leave behind a mine, long after he decided to leave the area.

My common sense would say that actions should be final when posted, and they should be resolved in the order they were posted.

Also, as pretty as the picture of the VR Arena was, those colored tokens for the players confuse the hell out of me. So:

vezokpirakachesskid3Fate, inHimshallibe, VasudeVa
curiouskarmadog(no one)Feysal, Gammagooey
Furcolow, PlumTheButtonmenVP Baltar

I'd have loved to make this a table with fixed cell sizes and a background image, but the BBCodes for tables are regrettably unflexible in that sort of thing. Very crude too, add any line breaks within the code and you get extra space above the table.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Feysal »

Fate #50 wrote:Feysal is obvtown. Vi Id prefer that method with the pretty picture just for ambiance
Thanks, though you do realize we're all neutral in the demo phase?

I'll probably keep my own notes on the side, so there is no need to make a separate table on my account. It looks crude anyway.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Feysal »

When I sent my starting position, I gave it as 2nd row, 3rd column. Later I regretted it, and thought something like StartPosition(1, 2); would've been more appropriate. Indices beginning from 0 of course.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Feysal »

I made the table based on the picture, so it should be correct.

One observation I've made about the rules is that since moves resolve last, there will be no dodging of attacks in this game. Whereever players are after actions are resolved, there they will remain for the next 24 hours. That means everyone is currently at their starting positions, including those who have posted move commands. Only at resolve time will players change areas.

This has the effect that if you've moved already, you can later decide to shoot, and this will happen from your old position, not from wherever you were moving to. I fully expect to see confusion result from this.

I have no idea how we're supposed to be scumhunting in this setup, without any votes. Possibly the only things we can use are special abilities and game mechanics to identify scum, otherwise this will turn into a free-for-all.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Feysal »

Oh, and I'm going to say this now, for the sake of everyone's sanity we probably should keep a list of where everyone is and what actions they have posted. This is only the third page of the demo, and if we've already lost track of who is going where and shooting in which direction, we have to be prepared when the actual game starts.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Feysal »

Move(north);
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Feysal »

The problem with

Code: Select all

NW N  NE
W  C  E
SW S  SE

is that these would be directions in addition to region names. Of course they are not ambiguous. If you are at SE and move north, you arrive at E. However, it could still lead to some confusion, since people could forget where others are and interpret their moves incorrectly.

The programmer in me would like

Code: Select all

A1 A2 A3
B1 B2 B3
C1 C2 C3

but I understand if this would confuse other players, possibly even more than the first option.

Now that I've seen what the rules are, this feels more like a mafia mutation than a regular mafia game. I don't know how well you could scumhunt in this setup, I have some ideas but I think that the mafia would probably overpower the town with their factional kill before the town figured out a good strategy. The mish-mash version might suit this setup better, since with known teams, both sides could really get into the strategy side of the battle. I could still play this as either mafia or mish-mash, the mafia version would be hard but I would probably enjoy the challenge.

Oh, and

>
DataMineT(1)
;
>
ModSpecs(Va)
;
>
Move(A2)
;

Better clear out, you don't want to be there when the mine goes off. I did not have to post that in public you know, but this being the demo phase...
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Feysal »

First actual game post coming up.
Furcolow #139 wrote:
plasma pistol: Feysal
move: east
I pretty much expected to see some sort of lunacy from you, but having you take a shot at me before I've posted once really exceeds my expectations.
TheButtonmen #155 wrote:Do all players start with the same hp?
I too had 15 HP in the demo, and I now have 10. Why am I revealing that? Because Furcolow shot at me, and at maximum damage the PlasmaPistol causes 3 damage according to the sample town PM. When my HP is reduced to 70% in the next summary post from Vi, then anyone with basic math skills realizes that if 3 HP corresponds to 30%, then my max HP must be 10. This also applies to everyone else who has taken damage. The max HP of curiouskarmadog and vezokpiraka will become public knowledge within a few hours. Our max HP is a secret we cannot possibly keep for very long.
TheButtonmen #168 wrote:Please include your thoughts on banning nonapproved shooting, the creation of a lynch cycle and your willingness to assist in the execution of any players who violate any rules we should decide on.
Whatever we plan, you can count on my cooperation. I'm definitely in favor of banning random shooting, though I would not automatically support the killing of someone who refused to honor the plan, I don't want that becoming a mislynch automaton for the scum. There may yet arise a situation where having a loose cannon is more hazardous to the scum than to the town. Right now however, that is not the case. The random shootings must cease.

I agree with establishing a lynch cycle to counter the factional kill. Much better than having a massive shootout.
chesskid3 #172 wrote:I think based on the initial setup CKD has ~ 50% shot of being scum, and killing him will also almost 100% clear me if he flips scum.
Therefore I'm going to hunt him down and kill him.
If indeed he turned out to be scum, that would go a long way into clearing you, but not 100%. Otherwise, this 50% chance of being scum is so horribly bad that if I did not know you were capable of such lapses of common sense, I'd be calling for your death right about now. As it is, I rather agree with the popular feeling that you are town. But, you need to stop this nonsense.
VasudeVa #223 wrote:I'm against all this chatty nonsense. I think that the best way to figure out people's alignments is to get out there and let people shoot the fuck out of each other.
To you, Fate, chesskid3 and Furcolow, and everyone else who thinks this is a good idea: it is not. Suppose we do go out there and start shooting each other silly? Then what? Everyone will be screaming OMGUS at each other, chaos reigns supreme, and when the time is right, we're going to have something like this happening:

ScumPlayerA: TriAttack(TownPlayerA, TownPlayerB, TownPlayerC)
Vi: TownPlayerA, TownPlayerB and TownPlayerC are dead. Scum wins!

We know there are attacks that can affect multiple targets, but their damage is also low. If we start reducing town players HP, the low damage from such weapons will cease to be a hindrance, and we're really begging to have the scum exploit that.

On other things, VP Baltar's plan of organizing us has some merit, but it also restricts us from using the features of this setup. For one: there will be random items dropping somewhere on the game grid, and the first person there will get to pick it up. This will cause some confusion when people race for items, though we may be able to control that by deciding as a group who gets which item. If some player already has several modules, it would be better to let someone else get the chance for one. If one player starts hoarding items, then either that player is scum (bad for town), or is killed by scum and the items are lost (bad for town).

Another problem is mines. I had a timed mine in the demo, and though I gave a warning when I used it, I did not have to. Mines are offensive abilities, but they can be used by PM. If we stick to certain regions, sooner or later someone is going to turn that region into a deathtrap, and the more players there are in the space when the mine activates, the greater the damage.

Finally, some abilities can only be used on other players in the same region. One such ability is ModSpecs, which I tried out in the demo. It is basically an investigative module, and there may be others like it. Limiting our movement would also limit the use of such abilities.

Finally, I expect that we're going to get confused at some point about who has done what and when. I intend to keep a log, at least until I see how detailed Vi's in-game reports are. Here is what has been done so far:

Actions cycle 1
Furcolow

PlasmaPistol: Feysal (139), 3 damage
Move: C2 (139)

chesskid3

PlasmaWhip: curiouskarmadog (140), 5 damage
Move: B2 (141)

Gammagooey

Move: B3 (143)

Fate

PlasmaWhip: vezokpiraka (197), 5 damage

vezokpiraka

Special ability active: global recharge time -1 day (215, 235, 237)

By the way, I think vezokpiraka's ability clearly favors the town, and it is easily verified by anyone who has used a skill. I vote he should keep it on, and if Fate still wants him dead, he can go to hell. I don't agree with anything he has said or done this game, not with taking pot shots before we have any reads, not with policy lynching vezokpiraka, and certainly not with killing Plum just because she has a cloak and is using it.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Feysal »

VasudeVa #246 wrote:Which breangs me to: What say you people of a demo weapons claim? More info is always better.
At least some of this information should be shared, since it affects our plans. First, some more about mines.

Both times when mines were used in the demo phase, it made a clicking sound, so we will know if something is going to happen. Unfortunately we won't know when, because mines are timed (at least mine was). I set mine to be dormant for 1 cycle of 24 hours, and then detonate. The scum could set mines for much longer times than that, and with people moving in and out of the region where the mine was placed, it would not be obvious who had laid the mine. Simply looking for someone bolting out of a region after a clicking sound will not be enough to prove that someone set the mine. The actual scum could stick around for days, maybe even stay to suffer the effects for WIFOM.

Fortunately, mines are one-shot. You use it, you lose it, though you may be able to find another. What else would the item drops be if not ability modules?

By the way, it occurred to me that in the sample scum PM, it was said that you cannot pick up or equip special abilities when you hold the Gamma Pulse. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not mean that vezokpiraka can be confirmed town by confirming his special ability, since scum could not have one? The possession of special abilities could yet become an important factor in ruling out potential scum.

Now, to VP's plan. I don't think it can stop factional kills, but it can delay them. The scum do not have to use their skill once every seven days, they can wait for a day or two for people to move and then take the shot. But, even this delay would be worth it, so I say we should try it out. We can also keep our more trusted players safe from factional kills, by systematically avoiding them being on the same row or column as suspect players.

As for the problem with mines, we don't have to stick to the same diagonal all the time. Using a A3, B1, C2 pattern has the same effect as A1, B2, C3 - no two groups are on the same row or column. If we do this and make it random, planning mine attacks will become impossible, and there is no more than a 33% chance of anyone being in the region when they explode. If the mine goes off while people are scattered and moving around, odds are that only one or two people take damage, instead of a group of four.

So now, how shall we organize? I'd like to point out that those of us who have taken damage are the most likely to die from the factional kill. The average HP of living players is likely to exceed our current HP.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Feysal »

Plum #285 wrote:Wait, we're going to be in our designated squares for the entire phase?
If I understood right, the Gamma Pulse is armed and ready to fire. I would be surprised if it was not fired tonight, and it is too late to avoid that.

After it is fired, we're going to have seven day cycles until it can be fired again, and during that time I'd be pleased with us all moving around some. I have an idea I'm working on... vezokpiraka, does your special ability decrease the recharge time of abilities other than weapons?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #286 wrote:I was doing it to get the "your base is under attack" message to Feysal, basically. I wanted to see if he would attack me, and I believe if he was actually town he would, and he didn't, so he is on top of my scum list.
Furcolow... you are an idiot, so I'll entertain the thought that you might actually believe you can scumhunt by shooting at random people and provoking them to shoot back. This is not going to work. Firstly, because you just gave away your whole plan, giving any scum free rain to shoot back at you. Secondly, because you are not in fact looking for scum with this test, you are testing whether your targets have more sense and self control than you. And we already know the answer to that question, don't we, so there is really no point in you running around shooting at people. Is there?

Simply put:
knock that shit off.

Spoiler: Actions cycle 1
Actions cycle 1
Furcolow

chesskid3

Gammagooey

Fate

Move: A2 (266)

vezokpiraka

EMP: Gammagooey (268)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #297 wrote:You are to uncloak, and act protown, or be put on a short leash of fiery plasma
Why?

If Plum uncloaks and reveals her position, then what good will her cloak ability do? If she is town, her cloak is an invaluable advantage to the town, since it essentially makes her immune to anything the scum might do to her. You want her to give that up, why? If she does not, you would hunt her down and kill her. If she does uncloak, the scum are sure to understand the value of her ability and kill her. I see this as a very poor plan.

However, on the subject of Plum, I wonder if her cloak has some limitations? If she were to use a weapon, that would partly reveal her location as somewhere where that shot was possible. Likewise, any movement from her would limit the possibilities for where she can be.
Furcolow #298 wrote:how about you go read eusurioseptus's game in which i caught both scum in a 5 player lylo
not like you actually read anything, anyways
i wish i didn't have a town read on you
I bet that for every game where you caught scum in LYLO there are several where you did not. As long as the accuracy of your scumreads is comparable to that of a blind hen, you have no credibility, and in the rare cases where you have correctly identified scum, you can't get anyone to believe you. In the game you mentioned, did you actually manage to convince anyone that you had found the scum? Even one of them? If not, it was useless.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Feysal »

There is something I've been thinking about the factional Gamma Pulse. It is powered by town HP, right? Its maximum damage is the average HP of all players, rounded down. That gives us the possibility of manipulating the average HP on purpose, to make certain players safe from this kill, since their current HP is above average. If we were to keep injured players in one corner, that would mean that the Gamma Pulse was never powerful enough to kill any of the uninjured players. Using this in combination with VP's plan, we might be able to prevent deaths from the Gamma Pulse completely.

Spoiler: Actions cycle 1
Actions cycle 1
Furcolow

chesskid3

Gammagooey

Fate

vezokpiraka

curiouskarmadog

PlasmaWhip: chesskid3 (302)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Feysal »

Oh, and I've wondered if I should say this, but if anyone up there with vezokpiraka can do something to shield him, now would be an excellent time. From a game mechanics point of view, he should be the number one choice for the scum to target, tonight.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Feysal »

Not much time left, I guess I'll go where VP's plan said I should go.

>
Move(C2)
;
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Feysal »

Checked your ISO... why yes, so you did. I did not quite get the idea until VP explained it in more length, and he was the one who designated who should go where. If we can actually get that to happen.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Feysal »

With that, the current and maximum HP of all injured players becomes common knowledge. Looks like we have an anomaly too... chesskid3 took 5 points of damage, but ended up at 60%. The percentages are accurate to 5%, so that puts him at 12 HP maximum. Interesting.

The average HP of the town seems to be 8, possibly more if there are any other players with higher maximum HP and no injuries. That is how much damage the Gamma Pulse will do, too. Everyone injured is potentially at risk. Damn, had we played this smarter, we would stand a far better chance of evading death from scum actions.

If it was not clear yet,
there must be no more unauthorized shooting!

Name
Max HP
HP
chesskid3127
curiouskarmadog105
Fate108
Feysal107
Furcolow?100%
Gammagooey?100%
inHimshallibe?100%
Plum?100%
TheButtonmen108
VasudeVa?100%
vezokpiraka103
VP Baltar108

The attack in the A1 region was unexpected. Since it was unannounced in thread, the scum motivation of it is clear. Did anyone have an ability in the demo that could've caused this? 2 points of damage to everyone in an area? If this was an offensive ability, we may have a way of finding out who did it, by process of elimination.

One thing is this: if it was an offensive ability, whoever did this could not have used another offensive ability last cycle. That would rule out Fate, who would otherwise look suspicious for being the only player to leave that area. Secondly, if this was an ability with a long recharge time, then it could be possible to demand possible suspects to use another offensive ability today, to prove they are not in recharge lock. With damage reduced to minimum of course. Better yet, we could have a possible investigator check the players for someone who might've used the ability that did this.

Currently the two players I suspect for this are TheButtonmen and VP Baltar, based on the assumption that this ability was used locally. With the damage that low, scum could do it for the WIFOM. If the attack could be fired from a distance, several others could be responsible.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #332 wrote:Dear Feysal: Although your speculation may be a little helpful, it's pretty much all you've done thus far in-game. 2 top scum reads please.
I find it a bit odd that you'd expect scum reads after only one cycle of 24 hours. I have some preliminary reads, but nothing very strong to go on.

I'd have said Fate before the explosion, but since he used an offensive ability last cycle, he should not have been able to cause the explosion. The way he tried to move out of the area may look odd, but he took damage anyway. This does not clear him of course, but it is not making him look more guilty either.

CKD is a possibility, given what he has done so far. Criticizing VP's plan while not offering solutions or alternatives, attacking chesskid3 when it should've been clear how unwise this was, and then this business about a wager on whether he is town. If he is town, this is not convincing me of that.

I could try to add another suspect for you, but if I did that, I'd be doing that just to satisfy your question. So, I'll leave it at this. CKD is pretty much what I've got. I'll have to look at VasudeVa and inHimshallibe, I'm not getting much of a read on either, and one of them could turn out to be scum.

And by the way... is Plum really being suspected only because she is cloaked? What kind of reason is that?
VasudeVa #344 wrote:I vote that we use the N/NW/C/E etc. version. When you guys are using A1, C2 version, do you guys mean that Letters are rows and Columns are numbers or vice versa?
Exactly like you said. NW is A1, C is B2, SE is C3. I guess we can use both side by side.
VasudeVa #344 wrote:I've studied Vi's ISO and it wasn't the tri attack Furco and VP used.
Feysal, have you considered shields in your calculations?
With chesskid3's max HP, I did not, I just noted the anomaly. Now he seems to be claiming he has a shield active, that may have absorbed the 1 HP. If true, then everyone injured so far has 10 HP max, and the average current HP is about 7,9. That is rounded down for the Gamma Pulse, so that only does 7 damage now if I got this right.

As for the explosion in A1 (NW), with three of the people reduced to 80%, it was clear they all had 10 HP max and had taken 2 HP of damage. vezokpiraka dropping to 30% also added up, so if any of them had shields, they don't seem to have been effective against the explosion. I don't know what could've done this, but it was no mine, since those could not have been used so quickly, and they would've caused more damage. An offensive ability, used from the same region or from some linear direction seems more likely.
VasudeVa #344 wrote:I am going to check for invisi Plum now. I have a weapon that can disable that supports or. If she is indeed where I think she is(SW), then she'll appear. If she's not there, I won't hit anybody anyway.

Move: West

Then, once at NW I will...
Electromagnetic Pulse: South
This won't work, since you cannot select to use a weapon after moving. If you want to do this, you should use the weapon next cycle. We'll see what Vi says.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #368 wrote:So I hinted at this earlier today but I'm pretty sure I know what type of weapon hit the northwest sector, because the plasma burst I fired at the northeast does the same amount of damage (2 hp to each person in a region). If I'm right then the flavor should confirm it by having the same type of explosion, and it ALSO means that only three people could have taken that shot- inhims, VV, and Plum. VV looks town and either him or inhims having an ability that DIDN'T remove him from the map but let's him shoot in silence seemed much less likely than Plum just shooting at them.
This is very interesting, but there are important details I'd like to have confirmed.

1. Plasma Burst can only be used from an adjacent region (meaning it could only have been fired by VasudeVa, inHimshallibe, or possibly Plum, and if it was Plum, we know she had to be in A2 or B1).
2. Plasma Burst cannot normally be used by PM (if true, then it could not have been VasudeVa or inHimshallibe, and it would have to be Plum, and this means she can move and use weapons by PM while cloaked).
3. How long is the recharge time of this weapon (if it is longer than 2 days, then VasudeVa and inHimshallibe can easily prove they did not do it by firing another weapon today, in a safe direction or with damage set to zero).

If Plum was behind this, we should be able to prove that by using the game rules, and knowing where the weapon can be fired would give us a fix on where she may have been yesterday. Trust is a wonderful thing, but I'd love to have proof.
VP Baltar #370 wrote:New rule: no more secret moves.
Where do you get the idea moves could be secret? I was not at all certain Plum could move or do anything without revealing her location. The game rules clearly say movement and offensive module usage have to be posted in thread.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #377 wrote:1 and 2 are correct.
It has a 1 day cooldown though.
Good to know. The short cooldown means there is no point in any further testing, but it looks fairly certain this was done by Plum.
Gammagooey #377 wrote:As for secret moves- a cloak that doesn't let you move around or shoot is in fact a pretty shitty cloak.
I was hoping for Plum to be on the town side, and for town to have such a cloak would've been pretty overpowered. I considered the possibility that she might have to post her moves and actions in public, but this would only give limited information where she was at any time. Like, if she moved west, we would know she was not in column 3, but no more accurately than that.

I guess we hunt her down next. If she was at A2 or B1 yesterday, she could be anywhere on the A3-C1 diagonal, or northwest of that. I'm actually hoping for VasudeVa's Electromagnetic Pulse to fire today, since the center would be the most likely place for Plum to be.

Come to think of it, is there any difference between VasudeVa's Electromagnetic Pulse and vezokpiraka's EMP? Together they should have no problem finding Plum, if they can aim their weapons in a certain direction.

Spoiler: Actions cycle 1 FINAL
Actions cycle 1 FINAL
Furcolow

chesskid3

Gammagooey

Fate

vezokpiraka

curiouskarmadog

PlasmaWhip: chesskid3 (302)

Feysal

Move: C2 (321)

Spoiler: Actions cycle 2
Actions cycle 2
Gammagooey

PlasmaBurst: A3 (326)

VasudeVa

Electromagnetic Pulse: South (344)
Move: A1 (344)

vezokpiraka

EMP: East (366)

inHimshallibe

Move: A3 (371)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Feysal »

Since the explosion apparently had no cooldown (one day has passed already), firing our weapons now really does nothing useful, but since I suggested it, here goes.

>
TriAttack(chesskid3, 0, Fate, 0, VasudeVa, 0)
;

And I've still got one move before reaching my assigned space.

>
Move(C3)
;

We'll see how eager anyone else is grouping up after the explosion in the top left corner. It would not surprise me if Plum did it again to another collection of players tonight.

Oh, and I will definitely try to exploit the game mechanics any way I can. If I manage to find a way to break the game, I'll share it, but you won't be seeing me wanting to actually do it. In that regard I'm a mathematician... I'm satisfied if a solution exists, while every other type of scientist wants to put it into practice.

Actions cycle 1 FINAL

Spoiler: Actions cycle 2
Actions cycle 2
Gammagooey

VasudeVa

vezokpiraka

inHimshallibe

TheButtonmen

PlasmaWhip: VP Baltar (381), 0/5 damage

VP Baltar

PlasmaPistol: TheButtonmen (385), 0/3 damage

Feysal

TriAttack: chesskid3, Fate, VasudeVa (398), 0/2 damage each
Move: A3 (398)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Feysal »

Oops, forgot Fate's action. Oh well, it was not the final list anyway.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Feysal »

It means what it says. If I manage to find a breaking strategy, I will share it, but I won't want to actually put it into practice. I did this in another game I could point to... I realized that a strange rule allowed the town to turn everyone they found suspect into a neutral survivor, which would've allowed us to neutralize enemies with no fear of mislynch. No one wanted to try it, and neither did I. However... even from a breaking strategy we might figure out something we actually could use.

This is all academic of course, since there is no evidence a breaking strategy would even exist.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Feysal »

Oh, and by the way... love the town mathematician stuff.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Feysal »

No scum action tonight. Still no Gamma Pulse. Perhaps they need to spend seven days charging it, before they can actually use it? That would mean we have a few days until we need to start worrying about that, though better safe than sorry.

No one was injured this cycle. Except Plum, at 90%, seems to have taken 1 HP of damage. Where did that come from?

1. Plum may have been in A3 and taken 1 HP of damage, and somehow absorbed the rest.

2. vezokpiraka appears to have hit something. His EMP was supposed to cause 1 HP of damage, right? But why did it not cause damage when it hit Gammagooey?

I wonder if we can aim other weapons in directions instead of specific players. It could be a good time to concentrate fire toward A3 or adjacent areas, since Plum should be there, unless she took damage from something we don't even know of. I'd like to be able to rule out if she was in A1... vezokpiraka, does it say in the description of the EMP if it could hit something in the region it is fired in? Oh, and while we're at it... is there any difference between your and VasudeVa's abilities? Both shared the same flavor at least.

Oh, and we have a module in B3. Will that be taken by CKD or Gammagooey who are in the region, or is there some other way we want to settle this? No one can beat them to the module if they want to take it. If I had to pick which one gets it, I'd let Gammagooey have it, never mind what he thinks of me.

Is there any reason someone would not want to pick up an item? If it was a special ability, then scum would have to discard their factional weapon to pick it up. Was there some kind of limit on how many modules you could carry?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Feysal »

Wait, how did chesskid3 lose his shield? VasudeVa's EMP was not supposed to have hit anything.

And now we have Plum claiming not to have caused the blast in A1. She would deny it of course if she were scum... but for the sake of argument, is there any other explanation we might have overlooked? That blast had the same flavor as Gammagooey's, and we'd have to take his word that it cannot be used by PM. I know mines can, which makes sense, but all other weapons I know of are public. That would point to Plum, and her presence close to the blast, as evidenced by the damage she took, is even more of a strange coincidence. If it is a coincidence, that is.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Feysal »

Opinions should be offered without asking, not forcibly extracted by means of a red-hot poker. If you think something is important, comment on it. Nothing is stopping you.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:26 am

Post by Feysal »

VasudeVa #452 wrote:All you haters who kept telling me I couldn't do what I wanted to do. HAH. I sucessfully went to NW and shot down to south. SUCK ON THAT.
Actually, you shot south and then moved to A1 (NW), in that order. That is the order in which actions are resolved. No one was telling not to do what you wanted, we were telling you it was impossible according to the game rules.
VasudeVa #452 wrote:Although I didn't hit anything. And something disabled my shield. I didn't take any damage though.
Interesting. chesskid3 was south of you, and according to his claim he would've had a shield to disable. You were east of vezokpiraka, and he apparently hit something, so you apparently lost your shield because of his shot. If the loud pop was the shield falling down, then would the loud pop when targeting Gammagooey indicate he had a shield too?

I think we need to have a discussion about mass claiming our abilities, or at least part of them. So far we've caused plenty of damage and disabled two shields apparently, and we have no proof any of this has affected scum. The advantage of mass claiming would be that we can start planning actions as a group, and avoid accidents such as VasudeVa losing his shield. If we can get the scum to false claim, we also may be able to catch them lying later. The obvious disadvantage is that the scum can begin to target players with important abilities, so I suppose at least some abilities should not be claimed. Any other thoughts?
VasudeVa #454 wrote:Actually, wait. I might have hit Plum. My EMP deals 1 damage. Why isn't the cloak disabled then?
I asked before if there was any difference between your and vezokpiraka's abilities. He said his EMP could cause 1 HP of damage and disable shields. He mentioned nothing about cloaks. Is there any mention that your Electromagnetic Pulse is any different? Is it supposed to disable cloaks as well?
VasudeVa #454 wrote:And where the fuck is A3? Is it SW or SE?
Neither. A3 is NE. If Furcolow intended to shoot at SW, he should have used C1, or simply shot west.

Meanwhile, I have a simple test to make. TriAttack has a cooldown of 2 days, so I should not be able to use it today, unless vezokpiraka's special ability has increased my recharge speed. Let's see if anything happens.

>
TriAttack(inHimshallibe, 0, Gammagooey, 0, curiouskarmadog, 0)
;

Fate was the only one to use an attack both cycles, and his second may have failed because its target was not nearby. This action should only fail if I'm in cooldown.

Actions cycle 1 FINAL

Spoiler: Actions cycle 2 FINAL
Actions cycle 2 FINAL
Gammagooey

VasudeVa

vezokpiraka

inHimshallibe

TheButtonmen

PlasmaWhip: VP Baltar (381), 0/5 damage

VP Baltar

PlasmaPistol: TheButtonmen (385), 0/3 damage

Fate

SparkSap: Plum (393)
Move: A1 (393)

Feysal

TriAttack: chesskid3, Fate, VasudeVa (398), 0/2 damage each
Move: C3 (398)

Spoiler: Actions cycle 3
Actions cycle 3
Gammagooey

Pick up module (436)

Fate

SparkSap: VP Baltar (437)

Furcolow

PlasmaPistol: A3 (453), invalid due to nonlinear target
Move: C3 (453)

Feysal

TriAttack: inHimshallibe, Gammagooey, curiouskarmadog (458), 0/2 damage each
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Feysal »

About Plum - would we be able to test her claim of being unable to use weapons while cloaked?

If she were to do something like fire a gun set to zero damage due north, what would happen? Would this cause her to immediately uncloak? Would it result in a modkill? I already made an action which may be invalid, since I've had no indication that my TriAttack was ready to fire so soon, but I can at least say I tried it in good faith, since there is a chance it would work.

VasudeVa went to A1 to fire his EMP south along column 1.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #464 wrote:You guys.
Plum's in A3. Process of elimination.
Why don't you share how you arrived at this conclusion? Plum could be at A3 for all I know, or could have been there and moved away, but I don't see why she would have to be there.
VP Baltar #465 wrote:There you go. She needs to explain why she's in A3 or die. I see no legitimate reason to be hanging up there.
If Plum started from A2, and was going to B3 like you said she should, then it makes perfect sense for her to be in A3.

You know what my problem with the Plum case is? I saw no reason why she should be scum early on, in fact she seemed rather townish to me. This whole case started from one thing only, the fact that she is cloaked. I can sort of see why Fate would jump at that, and to your credit you did not jump on board then. It was not until the explosion in A1 that it seemed likely she would be scum, and it was far from obvious to me that Plum was responsible for it. You suspected Plum immediately after the explosion, without even exploring other possibilities first. Why? Just now, you accepted Gammagooey's unexplained process of elimination that Plum had to be in A3. Why?

Also, remember it was Fate who pointed out Plum being cloaked and started the whole uncloak or else train? And now you say Fate and Plum are scum together because Fate is reacting to the pressure on Plum, when it was Fate who started that push and has kept it up consistently? If you think they are bussing right off the bat, say so, but it makes very little sense to me.

I'm not at all certain of Fate being scum, and I don't think he is wrong to have doubts about you. I have them too. Fate may be wrong to act on them though.
Gammagooey #467 wrote:Feysal, stop rolefishing and start scumhunting. I am deadly serious about this. The ONLY way I would want a massclaim is if it was just limited to the three people that could have shot the northwest, but then that really isn't a massclaim at all.
Rolefishing? I suggested discussion on mass claiming, since we are obviously causing accidental damage with our abilities. More discussion does not scum make. And you say you are serious? So am I. I will not change my playstyle just to please you. I find it hard to get accurate reads early in game, and this game is only 60 hours old. Instead, I'm trying to make sense of the mechanics and using them as my scum hunting tools. If you don't like it, that's your problem.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Feysal »

VasudeVa #471 wrote:Explain this then:
1. chesskid did not lose his shield. Nor did he get any damage. If I shot south from my North position, then I would have hit chesskid.
2. It was clear in Vi's post that I did not hit chesskid at all. It seems to vaguely hint that I might have hit Plum though as per the following quote:

>VasudeVa fires a quick blast south! It doesn't seem to have hit anything.

What makes you think I hit chesskid then?
Easy. I don't think you hit chesskid3. Remember this?
Feysal #439 wrote:Wait, how did chesskid3 lose his shield? VasudeVa's EMP was not supposed to have hit anything.
I suppose when you fire a weapon in a general direction, there is no guarantee of hitting anyone. chesskid3, Furcolow and me were all south of you, you could've hit any one of us, so there would have to be some random factor involved. It is possible you could've hit Plum though, and that is interesting.
VasudeVa #471 wrote:I don't think so. Mine is named ElectroMagnetic Pulse, as it seems to be the case for vezok. Deals 1 damage, disables shields and supports. I was assuming that Plum's cloak is a Support ability of somesort. If I did hit her and caused the 1 damage she has, but she's still cloaked then I'm not sure anymore. I'll ask Vi.
It could be a special ability, like you said. That would be interesting, since scum should not be able to have those if they want to keep their factional weapon. So, if we can prove Plum is using a special ability, that would be a strong indication of her being town.

Here is how we could do it. All we need to know is whether Plum was hit by your EMP. If she was and remains cloaked, then the cloak could not have been a support ability. Logically, if Plum uncloaks and reveals her position is somewhere on column 2, then she should be town.

Further, if my shot today succeeds, that will confirm vezokpiraka's special ability, confirming him town. He can then confirm your account of how the EMP works, and we can be sure that Plum's cloak is a special ability. That would rule out two suspects by tomorrow... not bad for mere mechanics and setup discussion, if it works that is.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Feysal »

That explosion should have caused 2 HP of damage, and Plum only took 1.

Also, could we maybe start asking questions first and shoot only if we're unhappy with the responses? I know, we're not seeing who else could've caused the explosion in A1, I don't either, but as long as Plum has a chance of being town and there is a way to test that without shooting her full of holes, I'd prefer waiting for 24 hours to give her a chance.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Feysal »

VP Baltar #479 wrote:I'm not following here. Even if you confirm her cloak is a special ability, the Gamma Ray has not been fired yet. Isn't the point that scum can only use one special ability at a time? Or am I missing something? How does this eliminate Plum from the scum list?
In the sample mafia role PM, under the description of the Gamma Pulse, it is said that "you may not pick up or equip special abilities while you hold this ability". The way I understood this, scum cannot even carry the Gamma Pulse if they want a special ability, so if Plum is using a special ability, she cannot have the Gamma Pulse. Now, it may be possible for scum to get a special ability at the start by random, but they could still not use it without dropping the Gamma Pulse. And given how great that weapon is, causing massive damage and being able to fire secretly, I don't see why any scum would throw it away willingly.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Feysal »

VP Baltar #482 wrote:What if another buddy is simply holding the Gamma Pulse at the moment? I agree that plum wouldn't drop it for cloaking...but I don't see why another buddy couldn't have it while she uses cloak.
See, I don't think this is how it works. The Gamma Pulse is a factional weapon, and I expect all scum members share access to it. If one of them were to drop it, the other scum would keep it, but the one player who dropped it would have lost it forever. If Plum had dropped it, how could she ever get it back?
Gammagooey #483 wrote:Feysal you've asked about why I didn't take damage from vezok's EMP, for a massclaim, and although I'm pretty sure it actually isn't chesskid's not taking damage from VV COULD have been role stuffs. All of that is role related shenanigans that don't need to be talked about right now.
First, and I said this already, I did not ask for a mass claim, I asked for discussion on mass claiming. If we keep playing solo and firing EMP's blindly, we're far more likely to rob other townies of beneficial abilities than hurting the scum. This discussion has to be had sooner or later, and unless we want to stop firing EMP's at every direction, sooner would be preferable.

Second, the role shenanigans, as you call them, are directly related to finding out who was behind the explosion in A1. Here is how all these things are intertwined.

1. When vezokpiraka fired his EMP at you, there was a loud pop but no damage. When he fired east, there was also a loud pop, and VasudeVa lost his shield, taking no damage. My conclusion from this is that vezokpiraka hit VasudeVa, and the loud pop is related to the loss of an ability. In VasudeVa's case, his shield, in your case perhaps something else. My theory is that the EMP causes damage only if there is no shield or support ability it could cancel.

2. If vezokpiraka hit VasudeVa, he could not have hit Plum, and that rules out one possible way she could've been injured.

3. If Plum had been in A3, she should've taken 2 HP of damage, not 1. We have no explanation for how she could've resisted the 1 HP of damage, so this is a point against Plum having been in A3.

4. This leaves only one possible way Plum could have been injured, and that is the EMP fired by VasudeVa. If this is the case and we can confirm it by having Plum decloak somewhere on column 2, that rules her out as a suspect.

Given how many people speak of shooting at Plum, these role shenanigans need to be talked about right now. If they prove Plum innocent, we can save a townie with a powerful ability that could help us. Whether you have a pro-town read or not, you don't get to dictate when it is time to talk about something like this.

In any case, the ball is in Plum's court. If my theory is correct, she should be able to prove the nature of her ability by decloaking and revealing whether she took damage from VasudeVa's EMP.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Feysal »

I guess all I can do right now is return to C2. I double checked VP's plan, and that's where I should be, I went too far east.

>
Move(C2)
;

No sign of Plum since the start of day. For her sake, she better uncloak this cycle. Missing one chance to do so is still credible, but missing it twice would require a real stretch of the imagination.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Feysal »

Okay, so my attack failed. TriAttack had not recharged. Question becomes, did vezokpiraka misunderstand how his special ability works?

So, we've got noises. I'd bet quite a bit that staying in A1 has become unhealthy. Safe areas to move to, if we want to reorganize, would be any areas where there was no one last cycle. C3 would be okay too, I tried to use an offensive action and failed, so I could not have used a mine there.

So, either take Fate's suggestion and hope inHimshallibe did not leave some sort of surprise in A3, or if we wanted to be sure everyone was safe, we could use A2, B1 and C3.

Plum took damage from chesskid3's whip, so that puts her into B2 last cycle. She is now uncloaked too. Are we satisfied, or do we still want her dead? It seems apparent that she had to have been hit by VasudeVa's weapon, and since that would have canceled support abilities, that means her cloak must be special. That would imply that she could not be scum.

Something I've wondered is whether anyone ended up with more modules than others. I've seen no evidence of anyone having more than two. So, assuming everyone has only two, if we wanted to make sure Plum was not the culprit for the A1 explosion, we could ask her to fire whatever weapon she has. It should be her only one, her other module having been taken up by the cloak. If she can thus prove she has a different weapon than the Plasma Burst, that should clear her further.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Feysal »

So, we have our first shootout, between VP Baltar and Fate. And VP Baltar is dying. Unless he is healed for at least 1 HP today, and again tomorrow to stop the Spark Sap, he is gone. By this point, I have no argument against Fate dying for this, the odds of scum between him and VP Baltar are good. I particularly don't like what Fate said about Plum still being scum, and uncloaking because "she had no choice", or about finishing off vezokpiraka.

I double checked Fate's actions. He has used, or tried to use, an offensive ability every cycle. First PlasmaWhip on vezokpiraka, then SparkSap on Plum, then SparkSap on VP Baltar, and now PlasmaWhip again on VP Baltar. Note that the SparkSap on Plum did not do anything, that action failed due to cooldown, just like mine. I wonder what the cooldown on the SparkSap is? If it is too long for Fate to use PlasmaWhip today, VP Baltar might not die yet. This may be too much to hope for though.

This means we still have no evidence of vezokpiraka's ability doing anything. So I'll ask, what is that ability of yours supposed to do? Check the wording from your role PM, and then explain it again, will you?
VP Baltar #544 wrote:I don't think her uncloaking was bad regardless. Having hidden people creates too much wifom the scum can exploit.
Given how Fate is goading chesskid3 to kill Plum, I think I'd prefer her invisible and moving about. What would be sweeter than an invisible player with a cop ability? Yes Fate, there are investigative modules, I had one in the demo. Now I wish it had been Plum to pick up that item in B3. Oh well, there is always next time, unless this game continues to implode. Average HP has dropped to 6,4. Way to go, at this rate the town will self-destruct without even needing help from the scum.
VP Baltar #544 wrote:Fucolow is being awfully quiet this game. I don't like that much. I'll be online the rest of the day to give me reads and things before I'm apparently dead.
This I agree on. The Furcolow I know is not this quiet, in fact he is quite the spammer.

Actions cycle 1 FINAL
Actions cycle 2 FINAL

Spoiler: Actions cycle 3 FINAL
Actions cycle 3 FINAL
Gammagooey

Pick up module (436)
PlasmaBurst: A3 (485)

Fate

SparkSap: VP Baltar (437)

Furcolow

PlasmaPistol: A3 (453), invalid due to nonlinear target
Move: C3 (453)

Feysal

TriAttack: inHimshallibe, Gammagooey, curiouskarmadog (458), 0/2 damage each
Move: C2 (498)

chesskid3

PlasmaWhip: Plum (460), 5 damage
Move: C2 (502)

vezokpiraka

EMP: A3 (477)

inHimshallibe

Move: B3 (501)

Spoiler: Actions cycle 4
Actions cycle 4
Fate

PlasmaWhip: VP Baltar (516), 5 damage
Move: B1 (516)

VP Baltar

PlasmaPistol: Fate (544), 3 damage
Move: B1 (544)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Feysal »

VP Baltar #559 wrote:I still say kill Fate now for your own good because he's going to shoot someone else tomorrow now that I'm dead. He's a real threat to the town, regardless of alignment. The only way I would say hold off for my flip is if he publicly promises to do the same.
Actually, Fate should not be able to shoot anyone tomorrow. He used the Plasma Whip, and it has a cooldown of 2 days. Unless vezokpiraka somehow reduces that to 1... I've seen no evidence in form of actions that his ability works, and that troubles me.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #562 wrote:I'm PRETTY FUCKING SURE there has been evidence that it works. Go reread the thread.
Actually you wouldn't even have to do that. Just go reread all of Vi's day end posts.
I have done this. I tried to use a weapon with a 2-day cooldown twice in succession, it failed, which is a point against vezokpiraka's ability working as advertised. Fate tried to use Spark Sap on Plum after using Plasma Whip on vezokpiraka, and the resulting flavor was exactly the same as my failure. There is also the theory that vezokpiraka's ability would only affect players in the same region, and we know Fate stepped out of that area. The only player who has stayed in that area all the time and used a weapon twice is vezokpiraka himself, and for all I know his EMP could have a 1-day cooldown even without the special ability. So yes, there is no evidence. Even if the EMP normally has a 2-day cooldown, only vezokpiraka himself has had this cooldown reduced.

Perhaps VasudeVa could shed some light on this. Is the EMP supposed to have a 1-day cooldown?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #567 wrote:Feysal.
You know that Plasma whip is a 2-day cooldown.
YOU MADE THE ACTION CHARTS saying that Fate used Plasma Whip one day and then another ability the next.
He couldn't do that if there were not shenanigans going on.
Yes. Fate used Plasma Whip on vezokpiraka, and then Spark Sap on Plum. That Spark Sap failed, just like my last action.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #41) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Feysal »

Okay, game seems to have calmed down. VP Baltar is not dead yet, which is probably a good thing. The way he was acting yesterday when he believed he was dying today looked townish. Sorry for the suspicion, I'm being paranoid.

As for Fate, judging from that scum roleblock idea he had, he really has not been following any sort of plan. He looks like he really did not know his attack would not work, and I would expect scum to be more careful than that, and if not Fate himself, then the scumteam should know not to attract too much attention to themselves. I don't mean that scum would not be trigger happy, I expect there are one or two scum among those who started the game with guns blazing, but by continuing it Fate made himself stick out like a sore thumb, and scum don't like to do that. Fate could have used a weapon today and has not done so, and if this lasts, I don't really want either him or VP Baltar dead.

Mechanics-wise, it seems Gammagooey, VasudeVa and vezokpiraka are in agreement that the EMP should have a 2-day cooldown, and the fact that vezokpiraka has used it twice in succession is proof his ability is working, if only for himself. If it indeed is a special ability, and if my theory that the scum cannot have those is correct, then vezokpiraka is town.

For Plum, I got a townish feel from her, and only the blast in A1 made me doubt that. I'd still like her to take a blank shot at something, so we get confirmation that she has some other weapon than the Plasma Burst. Unfortunately for her, since she was in B2, she could have been in either A2 or B1 when the blast happened, so she is not off the hook yet. Trust is good, but proof is better.

Furcolow remains silent, and that continues to look odd.

Now, things to do... there is another module in A2. VasudeVa and TheButtonmen are closest, and I don't mind either of them taking it... unless their presence in game becomes a problem. Gammagooey seems to be moving in that direction. Is there anyone else who might want that module?

I notice there was a humming sound for the second consecutive time. From the demo, the only thing I remember making that sound was Capacitate, used by inHimshallibe. Can you tell us what that ability did? We have no proof of course that someone is using that same ability, but it would be better than a random guess. I'd be happier if I knew the humming was not something nefarious.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Feysal »

Whoa. So yesterday was only the calm before the storm? Now we have Plum apparently dying next cycle from CKD's whip. Fate is back on the offensive too, and I'm not seeing much agreement on reads right now. Reading the last page was so confusing.

I'll try to make sense of this later, for now I'll just comment that I believe Furcolow is posting from a phone. Feudal was such a bizarre misspell of my name that it should only have resulted from some autocomplete feature on a phone.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Feysal »

Okay, after almost 6 cycles and 24 pages, it's about time I came up with some reads. Let's see...

TOWN
chesskid3
- Because of his carefree style, which I consider a town indicator from him, based on the few games of his I've seen. Town chesskid3 would not care who he pisses off, I think.
Fate
- With the ruckus he is making, he may be more helpful to scum than town, but I'm just not seeing why scum would go out on such a random rampage. He has misunderstood several things about the setup, submitted invalid attacks, but I'm not seeing the kind of focus or purpose I'd expect from scum, he is too much all over the place.
Gammagooey
- Asking questions, scumhunting, generally not turning the game into a bloodbath. Basically just townish behavior.
Plum
- I had a townread on her pretty much from the start, I wavered after the A1 blast, and now that she decloaked, I'm back to expecting she flips town. If she flips at all, those comments of hers when she was attacked looked odd, like she had some trick up her sleeve.
TheButtonmen
- His early contributions were very townish, and that remains the basis of my town read. He has dropped below the radar lately, but I don't want to hold it against him, unless it turns into active lurking.
vezokpiraka
- Scum should not have special abilities, and if his increased recharge speed is one, he should be town.
VP Baltar
- I got worried at the start about scum trying to look pro-town by appearing to organize the town, but his reaction to being apparently dying looked like it came from town.

NULL
inHimshallibe
- Process of elimination would probably put him as a scum suspect, only I'm not actually getting a scum feeling from him. I'm not getting a strong feeling either way, in fact.
VasudeVa
- I somehow had a townish feeling on him earlier, but when I read through his ISO trying to justify that read, I could not. There is not much there, one early suggestion of making this a giant shootout, then some confusion about what he did with his EMP, and now he suddenly has a scumread of vezokpiraka and he is taking matters in his own hands by shooting him. Why him? Why now?

SCUM
curiouskarmadog
- His early contributions, or lack thereof, don't agree with me. His attack on Plum was just horrible - town players should not lash out and kill when they fall under suspicion, him doing so just screams cornered scum. I also don't get where his scumread of Plum came from, the first time he mentioned that was after Plum had decloaked. I also hate these mindgames of his, trying to get chesskid3 to enter a bet with him on whether he is town, as well as his defeatist attitude of agreeing to be killed if he is wrong. Town always make mistakes, they should not make this kind of bets on another player's alignment, and certainly not when there have been no flips. I will wait to see Plum flip (unless she has some shenanigans planned), but if she turns out town, I don't think we can let this pass.
Furcolow
- His low rate of posting may be due to connection problems and having to use a phone, but I'm still mistrustful of the content in his posts. What I would expect from Furcolow is rapidly changing scum suspects, and him running all over the place firing shots, but instead he is now being very sensible, so much that I have to wonder if it is an act. I also wonder why his stance on me changed. I was his first scum suspect for my reaction to his shot, and suddenly I find him believing I am town. How did that happen? And why would he have a problem with me believing his posting by phone claim? It feels there is something strange here.

And now for something mechanics-related. This is the 6th cycle, and we're about to go into the 7th. I've wondered why the Gamma Pulse has not been used yet, and it may be because it had to charge up first. I'm not sure if it will be used the night after tomorrow, but if it is, the locations we will have at the end of this cycle will remain in effect when the Gamma Pulse is fired. Some players have already moved, and that cannot be helped. I am going to move into the corner now, for two reasons. One, I don't want to be targeted by the Gamma Pulse, even if it should not be strong enough to kill me right now. Two, there are fewer players I could shoot at from the corner, and if possible I'd like to rule myself out as a suspect when the Gamma Pulse is fired.

>
Move(C3)
;

I've been slacking off on keeping track of actions, time to correct that.

Actions cycle 1 FINAL
Actions cycle 2 FINAL
Actions cycle 3 FINAL

Spoiler: Actions cycle 4 FINAL
Actions cycle 4 FINAL
Fate

PlasmaWhip: VP Baltar (516), invalid due to cooldown
Move: B1 (516)

VP Baltar

PlasmaPistol: Fate (544), 3 damage
Move: B1 (544)

curiouskarmadog

Move: C2 (547)

vezokpiraka

Move: B1 (548)

chesskid3

Move: C1 (578)

Spoiler: Actions cycle 5 FINAL
Actions cycle 5 FINAL
Gammagooey

Move: A3 (584)

Fate

Move: A1 (611)

inHimshallibe

Move: A3 (614)

Spoiler: Actions cycle 6
Actions cycle 6
curiouskarmadog

PlasmaWhip: Plum (619), 5 damage
Move: C1 (648)

Gammagooey

Move: A2 (651)

Fate

PlasmaWhip: VasudeVa (658), 5 damage
Move: A2 (652)

VP Baltar

Move: A1 (694)

VasudeVa

EMP: vezokpiraka (697), 1 damage
Move: A2 (697)

vezokpiraka

Move: A1 (701)

Feysal

Move: C3 (717)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (isolation #44) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Feysal »

I fail at reading. Only now, after catching up on the last 12 hours worth of posts, did I realize there is another module in B2. And there is another race for it. I don't know what to say about that whole episode of trying to be the first to grab the module, but all I can say is that it is really messing with our organization. And hell, fighting over items is really going to get stupid. Thank goodness Fate is in cooldown, that attack of his on Gammagooey was just... what? Have you any other town reads besides me, Fate? Wanting to pick up a module does not make scum.

On the topic of whether to shoot inHim, I say maybe. Plum will flip tomorrow, perhaps someone will be fired with the Gamma Pulse tomorrow, we will be in a different situation with more information then. This game has a fast tempo, I would be lenient if inHim's only sin is being late with his reread.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #45) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #859 wrote:Fate I want you to look at Feysal's posts regarding Plum and then come back here and tell me that you think you're still completely sure that he wasn't just trying to get some credit for her town flip later on.
VP Baltar #864 wrote:I think you make some good points about Feysal hedging his bets on a Plum town flip Gamma. I don't see why he was so damn resistant to the idea that she could have caused the damage up there. It almost makes me think she didn't cause it and that scum-Feysal knew his team did it. Then when attention turned toward SK-Plum, he assumed she was a townie that had nothing related to what his scum team did. Regardless, he's way off my town list.
Given that I had not even posted after the flip to comment on it, I think you're both way too quick to accuse me of angling for town cred. I will comment now, and say that there is no town credit to be gained, anywhere, for a serial killer flip. Yes, I believed Plum was town, I was wrong. So were some others. Yes, I defended Plum, so what? Of course I would defend her. I believed she was town, I wanted to believe she was town, since her ability would've been priceless in town hands. What better reason is there to defend someone? I used my head and tried to prove whether Plum was scum, in two different ways, while several others just started gunning for her. Am I really scum because I was thinking instead of shooting?

I also seem to remember Gammagooey being suspicious of me for lack of scumhunting. Then I posted my reads, and suddenly I'm scum because I believed Plum. Confirmation bias, anyone?

Oh, and in case you don't know what I'm talking about with the two ways of testing Plum, one was about the nature of her special ability, which I assumed scum could not have - and continue to assume scum
factions
could not have. The other way is in the following quotes:
Feysal #511 wrote:Something I've wondered is whether anyone ended up with more modules than others. I've seen no evidence of anyone having more than two. So, assuming everyone has only two, if we wanted to make sure Plum was not the culprit for the A1 explosion, we could ask her to fire whatever weapon she has. It should be her only one, her other module having been taken up by the cloak. If she can thus prove she has a different weapon than the Plasma Burst, that should clear her further.
Feysal #611 wrote:For Plum, I got a townish feel from her, and only the blast in A1 made me doubt that. I'd still like her to take a blank shot at something, so we get confirmation that she has some other weapon than the Plasma Burst. Unfortunately for her, since she was in B2, she could have been in either A2 or B1 when the blast happened, so she is not off the hook yet. Trust is good, but proof is better.
We know that everyone is guaranteed to have an offensive ability. Plum also had her cloak. That makes two abilities, and I've seen no indication of anyone having more than two abilities at start. Twice I suggested that Plum should shoot, to prove that she has some other weapon than the Plasma Burst, but she never did. Any guesses why? Right now I'm betting she did not have another weapon, and she could not reveal she had the Plasma Burst either. If she had not been killed, I would have continued to press this matter, and I could have exposed Plum if she continued to refuse. I claim no credit for calling her town, but this?
This
I do claim credit for. While others have been shooting seemingly at random, I had a plan that could have exposed Plum, if some trigger happy players had not lucked out and killed her early. I'm still not happy with the way Plum was killed, since we got lucky, and these games are not won by blind luck.

Nevertheless, I'm not very concerned for my own fate right now. VP Baltar probably has no idea what I'm talking about here, but he gave me an important clue in his last post. If I'm right, we're going to find out soon enough.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Feysal »

Well damn.
Feysal #872 wrote:Nevertheless, I'm not very concerned for my own fate right now. VP Baltar probably has no idea what I'm talking about here, but he gave me an important clue in his last post. If I'm right, we're going to find out soon enough.
Remember this? Did anyone wonder? What I was talking about was this:
VP Baltar #864 wrote:Again, I say you need to trust me on the inHim thing. If you don't think he's that town, I will tell you this: he openly told me his abilities through a game mechanic and I don't think this is something the scum would do. Additionally, his abilities don't seem like something scum would have, so that is why I don't think it is likely he's scum.
Guess who else had a P2P? Guess who thought it was a great idea to form a three-member neighborhood with VP and inHim, with inHim as the middleman? Guess who tried to do that just before inHim was killed? Damn it.

How the hell was inHim killed anyway? As pointed out, the Gamma Pulse should only have done 6 HP of damage, and the EMP an additional 1 HP. inHim was at 80%, so he should not have died. In case this was not a mistake, something caused inHim to take additional damage.

1. Either the Gamma Pulse works differently than it is described in the sample role PM.
2. Or, someone else was able to shoot, privately, causing additional damage. Given that we have no explanation for the vanishing module, this seems at least plausible. Also, this is something that can be partly tested, by checking if the players who were in range to shoot inHim are in cooldown. I'll be checking back to see if any of the same players were nearby when the module vanished.
VasudeVa #926 wrote:Actually, you're right. I forgot vezok claimed that he had a special ability. I think that there is one way to confirm him having a special ability.
Right. I had this idea a while back (see post #608 for one), that is why I asked you what the cooldown of the EMP was. vezokpiraka has already used his EMP on successive cycles, so he can be ruled out as a suspect.
Furcolow #944 wrote:I only have a plasma pistol, though, and I have been trying to upgrade to something good for the town to no avail.
Upgrade to what? PlasmaPistol is the best weapon town can possibly have.

1. PlasmaWhip causes more damage (5 HP compared to 3 HP), but takes twice as long to recharge. PlasmaPistol can cause 6 HP of damage to a single target in two cycles, PlasmaWhip can only cause 5 HP.
2. PlasmaWhip can only target players in the same region. PlasmaPistol can target linear targets up to two steps away.
3. TriAttack can cause 6 HP of damage in one shot, but divided between 3 players. This is useless to town, since as town you generally want to damage only one player at a time. In other words, TriAttack sucks, and I have no idea why you would want it back.
4. PlasmaBurst is yet another mass attack weapon, even worse than TriAttack, since you cannot adjust damage per target, you cannot pick targets in the first place, and you cannot use it against anyone in your own region.
5. SparkSap is the only weapon that compares to PlasmaPistol, since a single shot is likely to result in death, as evidenced by VP Baltar. I don't know any details on how it works though.
6. EMP is nice to have for investigating purposes (reveals support abilities) but useless for causing damage, unless it disables a shield.

So stop complaining about your weapon. PlasmaPistol is great, and I note that you have done nothing with it except shoot me.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Feysal »

My my... I just noticed something interesting. I may deserve a tinfoil hat for this, but since it can be checked easily enough, why not do so.

VP Baltar, you said you had neighborized inHimshallibe. When did you do this?

Also, I named the neighborizer ability as P2P in my last post. That should prove I had the ability, at least in the demo phase. Could you answer a control question to prove your side of the story? My question is this: even though the P2P is one-shot, it has a cooldown that affects the use of other support abilities. What is the cooldown time of P2P, or the neighborizer?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Feysal »

VP Baltar #950 wrote:Feysal, please explain what your questions were intended for and why you wanted me to "prove" my neighborizor ability when I'm going to die. You think I would lie about it?
Your answer is correct of course. My theory was something worthy of a tinfoil hat... I wondered if you and inHim were in fact two members of a scumteam, and no neighborizing had ever taken place. I had some reasons to come up with this. For one, I thought it odd that inHim had pretty much stayed put in his corner, and never moved to any location he should be in according to your plan, which he first suggested. Second, the response I got to my attempt to neighborize inHim said that it had failed, which could make sense since he was dying... however, support abilities are supposed to resolve before offensive abilities, so in theory the action should have been successful, but the P2P link should have closed immediately when inHim died. This made me wonder if there was some other reason for my attempt to fail. Finally, what you said about him being resurrected by someone made me wonder if he was really dying, or if the attack had only destroyed a decoy hologram. No, really. If I had such a hologram as scum, I would shoot at it and use it as proof that the scum had tried to kill me.

So it was a crazy theory, but since it could be checked so easily with a simple question, I figured, why not?

As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if I still have my P2P. The response I got did not specify if I lost it or not, though I probably did.
VP Baltar #950 wrote:FYI, my other ability was to pick up modules that were adjacent to me...which is why I headed south before I realized I was still sparking. I could have potentially picked up the module before fate by being next to it. Scum probably have this ability and nabbed the first module out from under Gamma before. So it might be worthwhile to look back at who was up there.
Indeed. At the time the module vanished, there were only few people nearby who could've taken it. Gammagooey and CKD were in the region with the module, and in adjacent regions there were inHim, chesskid3, and me. You would probably know if inHim had taken it. I know I did not. CKD is already dying. If CKD flips town, that would appear to leave chesskid3 as the only possibility. Unless... Plum. She was in the same region as chesskid3, as proven by chesskid3's attack on her, and she could've stolen that module. Both chesskid3 and Plum posted in thread before Gammagooey tried to pick up the module, so it could've been either of them. I'm betting on Plum.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Feysal »

Fate #961 wrote:I don't like that Feysal is accounting for a Chesskid town flip by saying, well IIF CHESS FLIPS TOWN IT WAS PLUM THEN I SWEARRRZ.

God damnt feysal. After defending you ALL THIS TIMEZ you're a dirty fuckin scumbag aren't you
I said nothing about a chesskid3 flip, I was talking about CKD. Since we know for a fact that confirmed scum Plum was nearby, I don't think there is basis to accuse either chesskid3 or me for taking the module. Of course I deny taking it, and I cannot prove it. You believe me or you don't.

Meanwhile, I would like to know whether this was a special ability. I rather doubt it though, so far all special abilities have been unique.

On the topic of how inHim died, does anyone think firing blank shots would have any value? What I'm wondering is if some scum has an ability to fire an ordinary offensive weapon by PM, and used it in addition to the Gamma Pulse.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #50) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Feysal »

So, CKD was town. Damn him. If he had not overreacted, twice, and attacked chesskid3 and Plum without authorization, he could still be alive.

In other news, VP is fading, and TheButtonmen and chesskid3 are about to be fading. We will have flips in two cycles. If they turn out to be town, process of elimination says that Furcolow is probably scum, and my second suspect then would probably be VasudeVa. If either of them turns out to be scum, then my reads will depend on which one, and how the rest of the town reacts.

Meanwhile, VasudeVa apparently intends to shoot his EMP at me or Furcolow. That would result in our support abilities being disabled. Furcolow has been promising some sort of magic to win this game for town... So unless he wants to lose whatever magic that may be, perhaps it would be time to share.

Meanwhile, the only support ability I ever had was the P2P, and I'm not sure if I still have it. I'm using it today, to prevent it from being wasted in case I still have it.
Gammagooey #986 wrote:But TBM dies first, and assuming a TBM scum flip (because TBM is scum), Feysal needs death immediately afterwards.
I don't think I've ever heard you explain why there would be any connection between me and TheButtonmen. Saying that I should die immediately after TBM if he flips scum implies you think there is. Why not share? All I have ever heard from you regarding myself is how scummy I am, but the reasons have constantly changed, or have not been stated at all. I am asking now. Why would I need to die?
Gammagooey #989 wrote:And the Unless...Plum from Feysal looks super duper faked. When was the last time you realized something and then typed it up like that later. (hint: nevar, you just say that you think Plum did it not chess because *reasonsreasonsreasons*)
What is this, some gut feelings laced with rhetoric? If this is what you call scumhunting, the town read I had on you is fading fast.

I would also like to know what you think about Furcolow. I'm starting to find it strange how you've ignored his totally uncharacteristic behavior while you've tunneled on me.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (isolation #51) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #944 wrote:Why should I claim to your rolefishing?
I am beginning to rethink who I should have shot...
Two reasons, and they should be obvious. One, you are looking mighty strange the way you are acting this game, and if you are town, you should do something about it before people start shooting. Second, like I said in my last post, VasudeVa already intends to shoot one of us, and if he hits you it is going to disable whatever support ability you may have. If you are doing something useful, you should not want VasudeVa to stop you doing it, would you?

That said, I don't think there should be more shooting until we get all three flips. The information we're going to get from those is going to allow us to make much more informed decisions, and I'd hate to lose this game just because people did not bother to wait for new information.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (isolation #52) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1001 wrote:Feysal, I simply do not trust you. My back is against a wall, and I don't care how good you believe this pistol to be, I don't like it. I don't plan on shooting every chance I get like Fate has been, because I have to find someones actions to be scummy before I will do something (him shooting at you and I is anti-town to me), other than when I judged your initial reaction.

Judging your reaction was key at that time, as you were someone I respected in a certain game I'm not going to mention. I know you are good at gaming setups, so I wanted to make sure you weren't going to game me.

However sure I have been of that, if you are town, you need to really bring out your A game, bro. Reason being, because I am town, and we have literally no suspects at the moment. GammaGooey is sitting at 100%, with multiple modules, and could be on the verge of winning the game.
I'm fine with you not trusting me, that is just common sense in a mafia game. I don't really trust you either. I don't know what to make of it when you make this much sense, but I do like it.

What I said about your gun was what I genuinely think. If you wanted to, you could cause three times as much damage to me than I could cause to you, and with me already injured, you would certainly win if we were to fight it out. You would also win in a fight with Gammagooey, as long as he does not have another weapon besides his Plasma Burst. If you want further proof that neither you or anyone else has anything to fear from me, I can fire a blank shot with my TriAttack, putting myself into cooldown for two cycles.

As for gaming setups, there is something I've been thinking about. I think we can engineer a setup where town cannot possibly lose, like this:

(empty)(empty)
Fate, Gammagooey, VasudeVa
(empty)(empty)
Feysal, Furcolow
vezokpiraka
(empty)(empty)

After VP Baltar, TheButtonmen and chesskid3 flip, there will be only us six left. There will be three cycles left until the scum can use their Gamma Pulse again. That should be quite enough time to decide this game in favor of town.

vezokpiraka is alone in his corner in C1, because he is safe there. No one is in a position where he could shoot at him from. Why him? Because vezokpiraka is the closest we have to confirmed town. He was hit by VasudeVa's EMP, proving that his enhanced recharge speed is a special ability, and he therefore cannot have access to the scum factional weapon. Consequently he should be town. With his pathetic armament, I can't believe he would be third party either.

C1 should also be safe from mines. Note that there have been two clicks this game. The first time this happened, C1 was empty, so there cannot be a mine there from back then. Unless chesskid3 put one there last cycle, there can't be one there even now. For the sake of safety, vezokpiraka could wait for chesskid3 to flip, and if he flips town, vezokpiraka can go to C1.

You and I need to move to B3, so that we're not on the same row as vezokpiraka, and because neither of us can be sure if the other has mined C3. B3 should not be mined, and if it is, the only player who could have mined it is Gammagooey. Only he and CKD were in B3 when the first click was heard, and there was no one there the second time. If something goes off when we enter B3, Gammagooey is scum.

Everyone else gathers into A3. This is because Gammagooey can, as far as we know, only shoot at people in adjacent squares, so he can do nothing to people in the same square with him. Also, inHim was the only player in A3 when both clicks were heard, so A3 is certain to be mine free. From A3, Gammagooey can kill you and me both, and if we both flip town, then Fate and VasudeVa will be able to terminate Gammagooey with ease, so he cannot win if he is scum. VasudeVa with his poor weapon can also do little against Fate, so VasudeVa won't be able to win this game for scum either. Basically, this plan should guarantee that Fate and vezokpiraka are the last two players alive, and survive to win this game for town. I'm counting on Fate being town.

Any comments on this? The plan may need some adjustment when the flips come, but for now, this is the best I can do. You asked for my A game, this is it. Naturally, there will be no more races for modules. If we use this plan, then no one is allowed to pick up any more modules, since this would require people to move, and the new modules would only complicate things.
vezokpiraka #1002 wrote:Oh man. Furcolow is a detriment to the town right now.

Why isn't GG on the map? Did you take a cloak or something?
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't agree on Furcolow being a detriment. I think he can contribute to the town's victory still.

Gammagooey is on the map, he's in A2. His code is G.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #53) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1005 wrote:I like it, but I'm not certain about Fate
I do not like moving, however. Is there a way vezokpiraka can move and us reach the same goal?
Furthermore, I feel like you could be scum trying to motivate me into attacking you so you are "justified" in killing me.
I am not certain about Fate either, but out of him, Gammagooey and VasudeVa, I think Fate is the one I would trust most to win this game for town. Thing is, we need his firepower. He is the only one, besides you, who could guarantee that Gammagooey can't win if we both flip town.

For the second question, vezokpiraka could move to A1 instead and the people I put into A3 could move to B3. The only problem is mines. There was a crowd in A1 when the first click was heard, and there may still be a timed mine there. Also, neither of us has a guarantee that the other has not mined C3. I was here when the first click was heard, and we were both here for the second. If you're worried about the possibility of a mine in B3, I can move there first, and you can follow the next cycle if nothing happens. It is not necessary for both of us to risk a mine blast.

For the third, I'm not trying to get you to attack me. In fact, if we use this plan, I'd prefer to reduce Gammagooey's HP some, so that Fate could one-shot him if necessary. I would trade my life for the knowledge that the scum was too far weakened to win after I was gone, but I would not agree to die and leave Gammagooey at 100%.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #54) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Feysal »

Okay, I guess I'll move there as well.

Move: B3
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (isolation #55) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1009 wrote:ill have at least a day to try to upgrade to a miracle to bring VP back,
unless you want me to bring someone else back?
Wait, how did I miss this earlier?

You have an ability to revive? Then, the humming sound we've been hearing for a while was from that? If true, now I understand why you've been so quiet.

Can you share any details? Like, does it only work on players who are fading? That would explain why players are fading for one day prior to flipping, Vi said something cryptic about that way back in #137. If this is true, then VP would be an excellent choice to bring back. Hopefully you don't need to be in the same region or anything like that, that would make the ability rather limited.

Oh, and a couple more things I need to do:

>
TriAttack(Fate, 0, Furcolow, 0, VasudeVa, 0)
;
>
P2P(Fate)
;

With this blank shot I am now in cooldown for two days, and cannot use any offensive abilities until we get flips. I did this so that Gammagooey would have no reason not to move to A3. Now I can't shoot at him there, or anyone else for that matter.

As for the P2P, I probably lost it on inHim, but I'd rather try it than lose it to VasudeVa's EMP. I'll probably get a confirmation that I don't have it any more, I am somewhat confused about the error response I got.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Feysal »

Well, things certainly started moving fast. You're welcome to present your case on me, Gammagooey, but I doubt it will make much difference. I am agreeing to die anyway, by your attack or someone else's, if that is what it takes to prove my alignment. If it was not obvious yet, the town read I had on you has pretty much gone. I can't understand how you could connect me to TheButtonmen if he flipped scum. This makes me think that you are in fact bussing him, and you planned to get rid of me next. I will come quietly. But before I die, I want to leave the town in a winning position.

If Furcolow manages to bring back VP, I will consider him confirmed town as well. With the Spark Sap on him, VasudeVa possibly being scum is no longer a concern. My only real worry is whether I'm wrong about Fate after all... but, I don't have the firepower to make this work without his cooperation, which he seems to be offering, which is a very good sign. As long as vezokpiraka is the last man standing, the town will win this game.

Oddly enough, this is not the first plan I've made in a mafia game that involved my own death... I had a suicidal trend going in my first games. Somehow I never ended up lynched though.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (isolation #57) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Feysal »

So, basically your case on me comes down to three things.

One: not having reads at the very start of the game is scummy. This is obviously false. How often have you had reliable reads so soon into a game? I would be much more suspicious of someone who claimed to have good reads so early.

Two: having a town read and defending that player is scummy. This contradicts the first point, where it was scummy not to have reads. You said that there was not much reason for Plum to be town? That is your interpretation. From my point of view, having a gut town read and a game mechanics reason was plenty, not to mention I wanted to investigate further before Plum would be summarily shot. Are you saying I did wrong? Had she been town, she would have been a valuable asset. And you talk as if there was no way I could defend Plum without being scum. Town players act on limited information all the time, and sometimes they defend scum. Everyone has done this.

Oh and by the way, a 9-2-1-1 setup would make no sense whatsoever. That would require 13 players, and we had 12. Also, there was absolutely no setup speculation in thread before Plum flipped. It never occurred to me that there could be a serial killer.

Three: having some similar behaviors with someone who may flip scum is scummy. This... what is this bullshit? Basically you're saying that all members of a scum team should have similar behaviors, never mind that they are different people with different playstyles? And TheButtonmen has not even flipped yet! Why were you so certain he would be scum? I did not really believe it until you killed TheButtonmen, and he just stopped talking instead of making use of his remaining time like town should.

And finally, there is the mystery of the vanishing module. This is the only part of your case I would give any credit to, and even here there is the problem that there is a confirmed scum who could have taken the module. I don't buy your reasoning why Plum couldn't have taken it. She had uncloaked, the heat was dying down, there was no need for her to reveal all her cards yet. She could have found a support module she did not want to reveal. And then CKD killed her. I don't see why she couldn't have died and taken the module with her.

Of course, my response is a moot point, since I've agreed to die anyway. How does that fit into your case? If you are town, and I have my doubts about that, you've completely wasted your time chasing me, and you're about to be discredited when I flip.

Now - move to A3, please. I want you, Fate and VasudeVa in the same area, and as far away from vezokpiraka as possible.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (isolation #58) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Feysal »

VasudeVa #1070 wrote:Feysal, if I disable your P2P, will you lose it forever or have you already lost it?
I believe I have lost it already, according to the description the ability should be lost when it is used, and I did use it on inHim on the last day he was alive. If you were to shoot me with your EMP, I would probably take damage and there would be no pop.
VasudeVa #1076 wrote:I don't think vezok is not scum. It could easily be his buddy who shot the Gamma Pulse. I think he purposely shot inHim in order to lower his HP to kill him. There must've been some mad calculation in the scum QT or something. Plan Fails, I am not following it.
If you think vezokpiraka could be scum despite his special ability and poor armament, that is fine. I think you're dead wrong, but fine. That is not a reason yet for believing vezokpiraka to be scum. You did the math yourself, you know the 1 HP of damage from his EMP was not enough to cause inHim's death to the Gamma Pulse. Since he fired the EMP, he could not have fired another offensive weapon that cycle that could've caused inHim's death. You see, there is significant evidence in favor of vezokpiraka being town. Have you anything to counter that?
Gammagooey #1075 wrote:A)This doesn't fit into any of your shitty summary and is just plain scummy behavior
Your claim that I was faking a reaction is just another unfounded accusation. How do you tell the difference between a genuine and fake reaction anyway, particularly from someone you've never played with before? You don't. Apparently.

For the second part of that quote, why would generally good advice need to be accompanied by threats of reprisals, or names of people the threat was directed against? What was I going to do, join in the carnage? How would that have helped? The people who had spent the first day taking potshots at each other all knew who they were. As for the accountability part...
what the hell are you talking about?
I was not even there when most of those shots were fired, the only player to shoot on the first day after my first post was CKD, who was my first scum read for it. Why oh why would you expect me to take responsibility for the actions of other players I have no control over, taken at a time I was not even present at the thread? In mafia games, each player is responsible only for his own play. Trying to make me accountable for the play of others is complete nonsense.

To give an example of how accountability works, the only person responsible for making this case on me is you. When I flip town, and believe me I will, you can't get away with it by blaming me for acting so scummy. Your read, your responsibility. You see?
Gammagooey #1075 wrote:and B) What the fuck are you smoking to get THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT I JUST WROTE.
It's called long-term memory. I have not forgotten how you described me as a scum read at the end of the second cycle, and the only criticism you had made against me by then was for my lack of reads. If your read was not about the lack of reads, what
was
it about?
Gammagooey #1079 wrote:C.1)8-2-1-1 you know what I meant.
C.2)Part of a serial killer not occuring to you and instead you-scum thinking it was an alternate scumteam that made the NW plasma burst and therefore NOT Plum was part of the case against you.
C.1) I don't think 8-2-1-1 makes much sense either. Plum was armed with a cloak and with a perfect weapon for mass destruction. No one else has abilities that would compare to hers, so I don't think there is another serial killer.
C.2) As I said, the setup speculation began only after Plum flipped. Before that, I don't recall anyone saying anything about Plum possibly being a serial killer. So, your argument is that I thought there would be another scumteam, when there was no evidence of that whatsoever, and that Plum could not be part of that team. Weak. In fact I expected a single scumteam of three members, and that Plum could not be part of it. Now which do you think is more likely?

Also, something that annoys the hell out of me was that you accused me of defending Plum for town credit
before I had commented on her flip at all
. The way you made this accusation was as if defending someone was always scummy, as if no one could defend someone else without being scum looking for town credit. You have completely ignored the possibility that I could've had pro-town reasons for not wanting Plum summarily shot. Can you find a single occasion where I'd actually tried to claim credit for defending Plum? You can't, and that is why this whole point is garbage.

Now, while I continue to think that Gammagooey's case on me consists of tunneling, conjecture, confirm bias, hot air, tunneling and duct tape, I'm for dropping this. Writing this took some time, and while I was at it Vi posted something important: there was a mine explosion in A2, and Gammagooey was hurt. That calls for some research, and another post when I'm done.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (isolation #59) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #1089 wrote:Aaaaaand apparently one of Fate/VV is scum with a mining ability.
Indeed. Unless you mined yourself for WIFOM, but I don't think you did. So, can you guess which of Fate and VasudeVa it was?
Gammagooey #1089 wrote:VV I want some PRETTY DAMN GOOD REASONS not to shoot you when I come back later today.
Wrong again. You're not very good at this logic thing, are you?

I checked back when the first click was heard. There was no one in A2 then, so the mine could not have been placed then. Even Plum was too far away.

When the second click was heard, there were three players in A2. You, VasudeVa and Fate. None of you were in cooldown, I checked this too. VasudeVa and Fate moved to A3, you stayed. Let's have a look at those posts, shall we?
VasudeVa #942 wrote:
EMP: TBM
Shields are down.
Move: East
, because I'm going to check on something. >.>
Fate #976 wrote:
Move: east

WHERE THE FUCK YOU GOIN VV?
I could argue that VasudeVa was the first to get out of A2. On the other hand, his reason was more sensible, since he wanted to move to where he could shoot at me and Furcolow. None of this matters.
VasudeVa fired his EMP before he moved, putting him in cooldown for two cycles. Mines are offensive abilities. You cannot use two offensive abilities during one cycle. Ergo, VasudeVa could not have used the mine. QED.

That leaves only two possibilities: you and Fate. VasudeVa did not use the mine. If you are town, you now know that Fate cannot be.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (isolation #60) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #1093 wrote:And on the haha you messed up too side (im sorry i couldn't help it), I couldn't have set the mine there myself either-

I fired the Plasma burst that day :3

My top two scum reads are in a 1 to 1 with each other, and Fate finally gets to die.
My day is getting significantly better.

Fate's probably going to kill me now but at least he can go down with me =D
Right, I missed that. In my defense, I did not even look at your actions, I did not think you would be in A2 anyway if you had placed the mine. That settles it then, the mine had to be Fate's doing. Now we have to figure out how to take him down.

First things first, Fate cannot kill you this cycle. He is still in cooldown after trying Spark Sap on VasudeVa yesterday. Also, Plasma Whip is not a ranged attack, and as far as I know neither is Spark Sap. Fate should only be able to hurt players in his own region. You need to get out of the same region with him, either you wait for him to move or you try to move somewhere he won't follow.

If you are still concerned about me being scum with him, I can try to engage Fate directly. I can move to A3, from which I could shoot at Fate anywhere on the A row if he remains there. I hope you can look past our differences and cooperate with me here. I admit it, I was wrong about you, however you are also wrong about me. Now, I'd like to finally see some teamwork in this game.

In case it was not obvious, this development changes everything. My plan cannot work if it requires Fate to be among the last players alive, so it has to be abandoned. However, I am not backing out of my offer to die without resistance, but Fate has to be first.

My suggestion for where we should be tonight:

(empty)
Fate
Feysal
(empty)
Gammagooey
Furcolow, VasudeVa
vezokpiraka
(empty)(empty)

If Fate stays in A2, he will take a total of 4 HP of damage from Gammagooey and me. If he moves to A1, he will take 3 HP of damage from me and vezokpiraka, unless he has some support ability that enables him to survive vezokpiraka's EMP. For a while anyway. If he moves to B2, he will take 4 HP of damage from Furcolow and VasudeVa. If he moves to A3, he takes 6 HP of damage from me, Furcolow and VasudeVa. Since Fate is down to 30% health, wherever he goes, he will die. He can only choose to follow Gammagooey to kill him, or he can try to kill me with Spark Sap. How does this sound?

One more thing, I don't think there are any more mines. I checked the actions around the time the first click was heard. Everyone in A1 was either in cooldown or used another offensive ability that cycle. Everyone else was in areas that have been walked in and out of with nothing bad happening. Also, that was the very day when VP used his P2P on inHim, and when the humming began. The humming ended with VP's death. It seems logical that the click and the humming were caused by the P2P, and not by a mine. I should've realized this much sooner, I only realized it now when I started figuring out which areas were safe to move into.

Comments?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (isolation #61) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Feysal »

GOT YOU.
Fate #828 wrote:Baltar move to my square if this module is a heal ray then you're saved.
Fate #1031 wrote:VV I can always heal you if TBM flips scum, so don't get your panties in a bunch
Fate #1096 wrote:Mines are support.

I know because I set off the one that hit Gamma, as I heavily crumbed/implied yesterday. It was the module I picked up in center

No one do anything until I get back home in a few hours
Back when you were at the center, after picking up the module but before you knew what it was, you offered to heal VP Baltar if it was a healing module.

After using Spark Sap on VasudeVa yesterday you repeated your offer to heal.

Now you are saying that the module you picked up at the center was a mine. And so you have contradicted yourself.

If the module you picked up was indeed the mine, and I believe it was, then you could not have healed VasudeVa like you offered unless you already had the module before. If you had it before, you could have used it to save VP Baltar, but did not. If you did not have the heal ability, then your offer to heal VasudeVa was false.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (isolation #62) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #1099 wrote:And Feysal just have Furc move west and shoot him if he stays anywhere on that line, while you move north.
Let me check this, are you suggesting this?

(empty)
Fate
, Gammagooey
Feysal
(empty)
Furcolow
VasudeVa
vezokpiraka
(empty)(empty)

I think I see the benefit of you staying where you are. If Fate stayed in A2, me and Furcolow could kill him. If he moved to A1, you and me could kill him. If he moved to B2, Furcolow could kill him by himself. If he moved to A3, you and me could also kill him, and I would also take damage from you. I would not mind if I got to take Fate down with me. Is this what you had in mind?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (isolation #63) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #1102 wrote:Pretty much yeah, but I think he'll just stay in the same square as me.
Okay. I'm moving then.

>
Move(A3)
;

Furcolow should also move to B2, and VasudeVa to B3 like he was going to.

Since Vi said moves could be exchanged, perhaps you should make it explicit that you are doing this? Just so that your intended move to A3 does not happen by accident.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (isolation #64) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Feysal »

That was a lot of posts to read through, but I got to the end.
Fate #1121 wrote:Feysal you had a mine in the demo? why in the HELL did you attempt to CLEAR VV by saying he couldn't have mined???
Indeed I had a mine in the demo, Data Mine (Timed) to be exact. And the type of that module was Offense (trap). It was based on that information that I cleared VasudeVa, but I only cleared him for the mine explosion, correctly as it turned out. What else was I supposed to do? If you'd walked into a mine, I'm dead certain you'd believe it was planted by scum.
Fate #1121 wrote:Gamma if youre town its gotta be VV+Feysal, pending Feysal's response.

And there's not a lot he can respond other than "durrrrr i 4got??" which a thorough player like him wouldn't do.
I did not forget, I double checked what my demo role PM said before writing this post. My mine was indeed offensive. However, the way you're defending yourself, you do seem to think otherwise. I'm at a loss to explain this, unless Vi decided to change the mine into a support module after the demo phase.

Either way, we're both moving into A3, where you can Spark Sap me and that will be it for me. That will leave me at 50%, dying in five cycles. At best, I will have three chances to use my TriAttack after that, and I believe I am going to aim it at Furcolow and VasudeVa. Gammagooey can either decide to destroy us both tomorrow, or if he is worried about Furcolow and VasudeVa, he can try to help out.

If I may make a suggestion to you, Gammagooey, consider moving to B2, either today or tomorrow. After Fate Spark Saps me, I will be a dead man anyway, and at 30% Fate will not be a threat. I can reduce Fate to 10% by including him in my TriAttack if this satisfies you, after that even vezokpiraka with his peashooter could win against Fate. After Fate and I are in our death throes tomorrow, we will no longer be the danger. The danger will be from Furcolow or VasudeVa. Do you agree on this? Do you, Fate?

After all the excitement today I just don't know who to trust any more. Best thing for me is probably to have Spark Sap on me, and then do my best to assure vezokpiraka is the last man standing.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (isolation #65) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Feysal »

Sorry. I was away for a while, and then had plenty of posts to read through. Anyway, what is done is done, and it may actually be for the best. Tomorrow we will see what Gammagooey is made of. If he is scum, then he only has to kill you and me and he will probably win if he has a partner left. If he is town, after we're both too badly hurt to be a threat, he will have to shift his attention to Furcolow and VasudeVa.

I'm still going to ask for you to Spark Sap me. I have to be realistic, me and Gammagooey could argue until the end of time, and he would still not trust me. If I'm dying and no longer a threat, then there might be some chance of salvaging this game through town cooperation. The five cycles of life I would have left to me would not be a big deal, I can accomplish enough for town in that time.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #66) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Feysal »

Fate #1142 wrote:GOD DAMN IT NOW IM IN THE SIGHTS OF GAMMA SCUM AND FEYSAL TOWN DOESNT TRUST ME ANYMORE
I don't think whether I trust you or not is the problem any more. The question now is whether or not Gammagooey is scum, and whether he trusts either of us. If he is scum, the game may have been already lost. The problem with your abilities is that though powerful, you have no ranged attacks.

The mine and heal business do weigh heavily on my mind, but if you were left alive with 10% HP, that might be enough to satisfy Gammagooey so he can work with us instead of against us. At that health, even vezokpiraka by himself could finish you.

Probably the best thing that could happen now is that you Spark Sap me, I fire my TriAttack at Furcolow and VasudeVa (and maybe you, so you're not a threat any more at 10%), and then Gammagooey would recognize that neither of us is a threat even if one of us was scum, and moves into A3 with us. That would be a significant display of faith from all of us, and we could work together to finish this game. I can't believe Furcolow and VasudeVa would both be scum, so we have one more ally between the two of them.
Fate #1142 wrote:AND VEZOK IS OUR LAST GODDAMN HOPE.

BECAUSE IT BETTER NOT BE FURC.
It would be funny if it really was Furcolow. With him at 100% and the best ranged attack for scum shooting, he could be the knight in shining armor, like he prophesized.

I know, Furcolow looks somewhat odd with the way he has been acting, and his ability sounds incredible. But, he cooperated with the plan that called for his death with me, and I can't see scum doing that in a situation like this. VasudeVa may indeed be the last scum left, and if he is, we can be sure that Furcolow can make short work of him.

Tomorrow will be the day when the cards are put on the table, and the game may not have been lost yet.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (isolation #67) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Feysal »

Oh my goodness. That I did not see coming. Not the flips, nor Gammagooey using a light rail.

Both TheButtonmen and chesskid3 being town is a shocker. We're in endgame now, with at least two scum left among six living players. Well, at least that makes scumhunting easy.

First, Gammagooey. I can't help but notice that he is going straight to vezokpiraka, and I have a hard time trusting he would have pro-town reasons going there. I have to admit, he could have planned that and submitted his action when the plan was to kill Fate with extreme prejudice for his mine, but this move still strikes me as anti-town, particularly because of the destination.

As for Fate, I can't help thinking he is town after all. Despite the mine, despite the rampage. I've got to trust someone, and I will take a leap of faith with him. Just in case I'm wrong, due to his low health and short-range weapons he is not a major threat anyway.

Furcolow is at full health, and he has the best weapon for causing damage to a single target. If he is scum, the town has lost. Furcolow can take Fate down with a single attack, and without Fate's weapons there would be no way the survivors could finish him. Fortunately for town, this is not what Furcolow has done, instead he has held back from shooting. So, not only do I have to depend on him, I actually do trust him. You got your wish Furc, enjoy it. You get to play the savior of the town victory.

Then there is vezokpiraka. Still town in my books, for the same reasons as always.

That leaves VasudeVa as scum, and Gammagooey as his partner.

Now, what to do... it seems obvious Furcolow and I should attack VasudeVa as soon as possible, and hope he did not get some horrible weapon from the last module pickup. Fate is already heading south, and I will follow.

>
Move(B3)
;

I'm holding fire for now until Furcolow, Fate and I can talk some more. I do not want to harm Fate any longer, but Furcolow last said he had a scumread on Fate.

The good thing about the light rail is that Gammagooey cannot be targeted while he is there. I expect this goes both ways, and Gammagooey cannot shoot from there either. This gives us a bit of time, but not enough for vezokpiraka to escape, unless he can enter the light rail. I would like to have vezokpiraka help with VasudeVa and strip him of his shield, but if vezokpiraka would move anywhere, he could be easily killed with the Plasma Burst. If he stays where he is, there is a chance that Gammagooey really has no other weapon, and as long as vezokpiraka stays in the same region as him he will be safe. I think that is our only hope of keeping vezokpiraka alive, and he can shoot at Gammagooey while they share the area too.

Right now we have three cycles until the Gamma Pulse can be used again. Let's make the most of it. At the moment, I and Furcolow obviously have enough health to survive the Gamma Pulse, unless it was somehow altered to do more damage. Fate and vezokpiraka cannot, but they might not even survive that long. If they do, their only chance is to get into a place where they cannot be fired at, and this needs to happen in two nights. The third night is too late, that is when the Gamma Pulse is ready for use.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey, are you really so stubborn on me and Fate being scum that you can't even consider that you could be wrong? You thought TheButtonmen was scum, and were wrong about him too. Fate is right, being that obstinate is a poor quality as town. Either you have completely tunnel visioned on me and Fate, and you won't be of any help winning this game, or you really are scum with VasudeVa.

Fortunately, the light rail has brought you so far from us that while you can't help, you also can't interfere. For me, the only thing I can do is trust Fate and Furcolow, and cooperate with them to bring down VasudeVa. I said I'd want to talk with them before I fired, and I'll explain now what I meant.

My only weapon is TriAttack. As you should know, it can do 2 HP of damage to three different opponents. The damage can be adjusted separately for each. This means, I could damage all of Furcolow, Fate and VasudeVa, or any one or two of them. However, I don't really want to damage anyone but VasudeVa. My question to you, Furcolow and Fate, do you trust each other enough that we can focus on VasudeVa and leave each other alone? We may need every HP we have left to win this game anyway, and if we spend shots on each other for assurance that any scum hiding among us can't win, that could cost us the game. So, do we agree not to damage each other and to take down VasudeVa only?

I believe the best display of faith I could give to Fate right now is to stay in the same area as him, enabling him to kill me any time, while not using my already weak weapon to harm him. For Furcolow, moving into the area where he already is means I can't escape from his weapon, and since his weapon causes more damage than mine and fires faster, I'm not a threat to him either.

Since Gammagooey claims not to have hostile intentions to vezokpiraka, we could use his help to disable VasudeVa's shield too.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (isolation #69) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #1163 wrote:Here's the thing Feysal.

I've explained why I think you and Fate are scum in QUITE A LOT of detail, and if anyone's actually made a case against VV I missed it under the "OMG IF UR TOWN VV MUST BE SCUM CAUSE I SURE AINT SCUM NOPENOPE". If you want to convince me that someone is scum maybe you should try ACTUALLY CONVINCING ME THAT THEY'RE SCUM. LIKE WITH WORDS AND SHIT. And no your setup speculation doesn't count, I want why he's scum from day play.
Yes, you have explained why me and Fate are scum. I've made it clear what I think about your case on me. Even if you are serious with that, it has one fundamental flaw: I am town and I know it. In a situation where there have been no scum flips at all, except for one third party, there is no way I'll just throw my life away. Fate and Furcolow I can cooperate with, and for that I choose to trust them. I need their help. You on the other hand have made it clear you have no intention of helping, or to reconsider your reads, even after how badly you were wrong with TheButtonmen. From my point of view, you are either insane town or scum. I'm leaning strongly toward the latter.

If you really want a case on VasudeVa, other than process of elimination, I can name a few things. He wanted us to "shoot the fuck out of each other" and not talk (ISO #5). After that, he spoke against VP's plan of grouping along a diagonal (ISO #9). Oddly, his counterargument was that scum could choose not to kill, and instead people would start attacking each other (ISO #10). Wait... was that not exactly what he wanted?

Then, there is some major confusion about what exactly he shot at, until we reach the conclusion that he hit Plum in B2. Then he starts gunning for vezokpiraka (ISO #25), for the sole reason that vezokpiraka shot mistakenly at Gammagooey and accidentally hit him while shooting east, trying to hit Plum. Which he tried himself. Yeah, this makes no sense, but I let it slide. Then he says that vezokpiraka could be cleared because of his special ability (ISO #33), when he had in fact been already cleared some cycles earlier with the very method VasudeVa suggested. And finally, in his latest post (ISO #37), he is still going on about vezokpiraka, while rejecting the attempted plan to win this for town.

After this many read flips about vezokpiraka I can't let this slide any more. Add the fact that we've had no scum flips at all, and if I were to name two scum among the remaining six players, VasudeVa has to be one of them. You are close behind him. It is odd how you were pestering me to scumhunt, and now you had me spell this out for you when you could've done it yourself.
vezokpiraka #1162 wrote:
EMP GG

Where should I move now?
Well, VasudeVa is in B3, so you could move into B1 and shoot at him from there. However, VasudeVa has not posted today, and if he decides to move into A3 or C3, you'll still be on the wrong row. If possible, I'd like you to check in at the end of the day, and try to get to whatever row VasudeVa is at. If you can't make it that close to deadline, you could just move to B1.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1165 wrote:I am suspicious of Fate for how much attacking he has actually done
Valid concern. However, remember that you are at 100%, and I am at 70%. Neither of us can be one-shotted to death, and you can take out Fate with one shot if you must. Both of Fate's weapons have a two-day cooldown, so he could not kill us both no matter what. You should not have to fear Fate because of this.
Furcolow #1165 wrote:I am suspicious of VV because of his meta
I just made my case on him in my last post, and he was my number one suspect anyway due to process of elimination.
Furcolow #1165 wrote:The only person I'm worried about in an "if they're scum" sort of sense is GG, which is why I guess I've been mudslinging on a mostly-town-read. The more I'm pondering this scenario, with fate sparksapping VV, and VV not dying like VP Baltar, it just looks like fakeass distancing. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to kill Feysal and I while GG and Vezok are away.
So, you're torn between whether Fate or Gammagooey is VasudeVa's partner. Well, remember that Fate poses only a limited threat due to you being able to one-shot him. Gammagooey is too far away for us to do anything about him now. VasudeVa is the one we can do something about immediately, and due to his shield, he may be the hardest to take down as well. Have you anything against us both shooting at him today?
Fate #1167 wrote:Feysal there is a discrepency in your plan
There is? Which one?
Furcolow #1169 wrote:has anyone else considered vezokpiraka to be like a science vessel?
This is, what, the third Starcraft reference this game? Or fourth?

Good that we are all online by the way, now perhaps we can finish planning for today.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (isolation #71) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Feysal »

Fate #1171 wrote:Feysal why would you ask vezok to move onto the same row as you?

Me+Furc+You=Enough to kill VV.
VasudeVa has not posted today. If he moves anywhere, you can't hit him tomorrow, and if his shield reduces mine and Furcolow's damage enough, we may not be able to finish him. If we got EMP support from vezok, we could get his shield down and get him tomorrow.
Fate #1171 wrote:you said EARLIER you wanted Vezok to try as hard as possible to stay in the same square as GG (which is now fucking impossible ith this bullshit "if I can move east after light rail then Ill move east" stunt he pulled where its not impossible to determine where he'll end up short of Vi confirming if you can move after you exit it or not), so that GG COULDNT shoot him.

Methinks you want Vezok on the same row as you to Gamma Pulse him. Your "LETS ALL AGREE TO NOT HURT EACHOTHER KAY???" also seems a little forced.

FURC: Shoot VV now, I will shoot him next, Feysal also ha to tri-attack him. This will be MORE than enough to kill him.

Your paranoia that me and VV are scum is foolish given that I am NOT shooting at you or Feysal (nor have I ever), and that your case on me is "I have been attacking" yeah well.. HOW ELSE CAN YOU GET SCUM DEAD in this game? Jesus.
The part about vezokpiraka staying in the same region with Gammagooey only works if Gammagooey himself does not use the Gamma Pulse on him. Also, like you said, it may just not be practical. If Gammagooey does move east, then vezokpiraka moving north would take him out of range of Gammagooey's weapons, and that would be even better than them staying in the same area.

Also, about the concern of Gamma Pulse being used on vezokpiraka... it is too early. All we would need from him is to take down VasudeVa's shield, and then vezokpiraka could move into A1, and barricade himself in that corner, safe from the Gamma Pulse. He can get there before the Gamma Pulse is ready to fire again, we have two cycles worth of actions left before that.

I can't help it if you think I'm forcing the part of us not hurting each other. I just think it is necessary. We can't get distracted by bickering amongst ourselves, we should focus.

I'm not saying that you are scum. Between you and Gammagooey, you are the one I trust. This is why I'm sticking with you, moving in the same area with you. You know you can Spark Sap me if I get out of line. What I have been saying about you possibly being scum and being controllable even if you are is meant for one purpose only, to reassure Furcolow so that he can cooperate with us both. I will cooperate with you regardless.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (isolation #72) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Feysal »

Fate #1172 wrote:Feysal fire your weapon on VV why haven't you done so today?
Furc fire your weapon on VV
I wanted to have this discussion with you and Furcolow. I think I've had quite enough of that now... time to take the shot.

>
TriAttack(Fate, 0, Furcolow, 0, VasudeVa, 2)
;

No damage to you or Furcolow, max damage to VasudeVa.
Furcolow #1173 wrote:I want to fire on VV, but your sparksap not working on him just feels too much like distancing
All I can do is just wait it out, and protect Feysal
That is my plan.
Furcolow, there really is no need for you to wait. If Fate wants to, he can Spark Sap me right now, and you would not be able to stop him. That would put Fate into cooldown, and you could shoot him tomorrow, since your PlasmaPistol recharges faster. Fate is right here, shooting at VasudeVa is the right move.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (isolation #73) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1183 wrote:
plasmapistol: fate
:)
I was just replying to a different post, then I preview and see this. Damn it... we would've needed Fate alive, there was no need to kill him now. So much for trying to finish off VasudeVa tomorrow, now it cannot be done.

This was part of the post I was writing:
Feysal #preview wrote:
Fate #1178 wrote:Its obvious we should focus on VV, and I haven't made any other posts to the CONTRARY, so you mentioning it just seems like you're a little worried.
My only real worry right now is that this fragile alliance of sorts does not fall apart. You, me and Furcolow need to work together, I don't think we can win otherwise.
Just as I feared, the alliance did fall apart. The game may still be possible to win, but it just became considerably harder.
Fate #1210 wrote:FEYSAL YOUR SILENCE ISNT DOING YOU ANY GOOD.

GAMMA IS IGNORING YOUR SOLID CASE ON VV
I bet it does not, I had a combined issue of browser hangup plus rage post explosion. I'm here now though... and I don't see anything I could do.

If there is any silver lining to this, it is that you are going to flip in two cycles, before the Gamma Pulse is fired.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (isolation #74) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Feysal »

Fate #1215 wrote:WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT? WHAT COMMON ITEM?>
I've wondered about this as well. It sounds like he was able to get some random module from this Upgrade ability, and at one point he had the revive ability. But then he lost it, and did not get it again. Is this about right, Furcolow?
Fate #1215 wrote:OH AND FOR THE FUCKING RECORD
YOU ARE THE IDIOT TOWNIE THAT JUST MADE A TERRIBLE GODDAMN DECISION
BUT ONLY BECAUSE I STILL BELIEVE YOU ARE TOWN SOMEHOW....SOMEWAY
We better hope he is town, because if he's not, it's game over. I'm in cooldown, I'm defenseless, and my only weapon is so weak I could not kill anyone but vezokpiraka with it, and he's a townread.

Furcolow, I hope you realize what you did here. If your intention was to defend me and yourself, there would've been other ways to achieve that. We could've asked Fate to use his whip with 0 damage, to put him in cooldown so he could not hurt either of us tomorrow. You could've simply moved out of the area. If Fate were scum, what would stop him from using Spark Sap on me now? Nothing, that's what.

I'll bet that if Fate does not use Spark Sap on me now, Gammagooey is going to point at me and claim this as proof that we're scum together. If he does so, he will only embarrass himself worse in two cycles when Fate flips town. Now, at last, I am sure he will.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (isolation #75) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Feysal »

As bad as the situation looks, I can't throw the towel. The town has not lost yet, Furcolow and me still have a chance to turn this mess around.

But, seriously Furcolow, what you said about me not being the town savior and obviously disagreeing with my reads, you are making me worry. You said that you think Gammagooey is scum? Well, so do I, only I think he is scum with VasudeVa. Here is what I want you to do:
move south
. That is guaranteed to put you on the same row with Gammagooey, so you can shoot him next turn. vezokpiraka, you can stay where you are as well, and assist by taking down Gammagooey's shield. I'm too far away and in cooldown, so I can't be of help until the day after, which is when we can kill Gammagooey.

If you think I am town, then I ask you to consider what I'm saying here. Gammagooey is guaranteed to be in C1 next turn, unless he somehow can move east immediately and ends up in C2. I think the odds of that happening are nonexistent, so by moving to C3 you will be able to shoot Gammagooey and he can't shoot back at you.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #76) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1230 wrote:WIFOM, fate

Ebwop: couldn't I just move to Center?
What good would moving to center do? You probably won't be able to shoot at Gammagooey from there, and if VasudeVa shows up and decides to move, you would not be able to shoot at him either.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (isolation #77) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Feysal »

I'm not seeing much reason to keep arguing here. Most of our actions have been taken, all that is left is to position for tomorrow.
Gammagooey #1244 wrote:That's a DECENT point but you shooting at Feysal if you were about to flip scum would pretty much eliminate him as a suspect while leaving him alive for several days to focus fire whoever he thought was scum if you used spark sap.
Your arguments are getting more and more irrational. You are suggesting that me and Fate would be scum together, no matter what? If he does not shoot me, I am scum because he did not shoot at his partner. If he does shoot me, I am scum because he tried to clear me with that shot. And you say that I would still be scum even if he used Spark Sap on me? Good grief. I am in cooldown, I will be in cooldown for two days, and my only weapon is too weak for me to beat anyone but vezokpiraka in the time I would have left to live. If you actually think you're making sense with this argument, guess again.
Furcolow #1233 wrote:how is anywhere not linear from the center, feysal?
From the center, only A2, B1, B3 and C2 are linear. A1, A3, C1 and C3 are diagonal. This means you would not be able to shoot in any of the diagonal areas if you moved to center.

This is why I want you in C3. From there, you will have a guaranteed shot at Gammagooey, and you can't get that from anywhere else.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (isolation #78) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:29 am

Post by Feysal »

What the hell?

Fate is still alive. Furcolow never moved anywhere. I don't know what is going on here.

Furcolow, could you explain what you're doing?
VasudeVa #1287 wrote:I don't know what the fuck is with Feysal attacking me. I also don't know why he even tried to damage me when he should know I have a shield.
I made my case on you earlier, mainly about your changing attitudes toward vezokpiraka, and then there is process of elimination. And though I knew you had a shield, I did not know what type. I know from the demo that there are shields that absorb a set amount of damage and then disappear, and if you had one of those, shooting at you would still not be useless.
VasudeVa #1287 wrote:If Furcolow kills Fate and Fate flips scum (as he will), he'll be clear and Feysal is his buddy.
Are you out of your mind? You said before that you thought Furcolow might have shot the Gamma Pulse. Now you're basically offering him a chance to bus on a silver platter. I am in cooldown today, I cannot shoot. Furcolow can. Even if it were not so, giving a townread based on whoever is first to kill Fate is asinine.

That said, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that there was a clicking noise last night. Unless that was associated with the closing of the light rail, there might now be a mine under our feet at B3. And if there is, it was not put there by either Fate or me. We were not in this region yesterday when the mine was placed.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (isolation #79) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Feysal »

Fate #1294 wrote:He is not on CoolDown right now, unless he just PLANTED THE FUCKING MINE in our area, which is timed (aka OFFENSIVE). We gotta kill VV and CLEAR OUT NOW.
As nice as it would be to test VasudeVa for cooldown today, the mine I had in the demo had a recharge time of one day, so one could use another offensive ability immediately after. Based on your claim of your mine being support, something may have changed so that VasudeVa is not in cooldown at all. I don't really get why VasudeVa is not using his EMP today though. Perhaps he intends to give both me and Furcolow an equal chance tomorrow to be the first to shoot you. That makes no sense, but neither does it make sense to make us race for his townread in the first place.

I'm not entirely sure what would be the best thing to do today. I'm considering moving north. That would put me into a position where I cannot shoot vezokpiraka with the Gamma Pulse, so that could not possibly be pinned on me if it happened. On the other hand, it could also put me in a position from which I can't do any good against VasudeVa.

Today it could be a good idea for Furcolow to move into the center. He should be able to survive the Gamma Pulse, given how he is at 100% health, and that would put him in a position where I could not shoot at him either.

Fate could move north with me, both to get farther away from Gammagooey and so that he could not be blamed either if vezokpiraka or Furcolow was shot with the Gamma Pulse. He would not be able to do anything useful from that position though, but he will be in cooldown tomorrow anyway.

For now, I think I'm going to wait and see. Anyone else want to contribute to planning? Fate, Furcolow, vezokpiraka? Gammagooey maybe...?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (isolation #80) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #1304 wrote:I think the best way to do it would be Furc+vezok B1, Fate+Feys A3, me+VV C2. The scum might choose to just not kill but I'd be pretty okay with a draw at this point.
This cannot be done, we're out of time. The positions we move into tonight will be the positions in effect when the Gamma Pulse becomes operational. Furcolow cannot reach B1, and VasudeVa cannot reach C2.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (isolation #81) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow, what exactly are you doing? If you thought Gammagooey was scum, you could've moved south yesterday and shot him today, but didn't. If you think VasudeVa is scum, you can still shoot him today, and move. What are you waiting for? The time for action is now, damn it.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #82) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Feysal »

>
Move(A3)
;

Almost out of time, and nothing else I can do that would make sense.

Where the hell is Furcolow? Why is he not doing anything?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (isolation #83) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Feysal »

Fate is right, this is no time to be indecisive. You've already wasted two chances to do something useful with your weapon, yesterday and the day before. Next night, the Gamma Pulse is going to fire. The longer you delay with your actions, the harder it will be to take down the scum.

With vezokpiraka in position to disable VasudeVa's shield, we can finish him off today, but only if you help.

By the way, vezokpiraka is at 20% because VasudeVa shot at him some days ago.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (isolation #84) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Feysal »

Fate #1324 wrote:Vezok moves up, me and Feysal move back south?
I looked back when the Gamma Pulse was last fired, and turns out it was the 8th night after the game started. There have been 5 nights since. In light of this, I'm no longer sure when the Gamma Pulse will be ready to fire. I thought it would be fired tomorrow, but it may be ready the day after.

It does not seem likely we could find any perfect arrangement. I would be okay with vezokpiraka moving north, out of harm's way. Fate and me moving south to make sure VasudeVa does not get away would also make sense. As for Furcolow... it looks like he is going to just sit there and do nothing yet again. That starts to worry me a great deal.

Furcolow, what the hell are you doing? Twiddling your thumbs, waiting for me to spend my shot before you act? Not this time. I will shoot VasudeVa, but I will do it closer to deadline. My shot is not enough, so you are needed badly to kill him.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (isolation #85) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Feysal »

The way this is going, I'm actually starting to worry about a Furcolow-VasudeVa scumteam. I wonder if I should include Furcolow in my TriAttack? I could do that, maybe that would get some action out of him.

Other than that, the only way I can avoid being aligned with others is by moving west. I should have no problem doing that, since I'll be in cooldown tomorrow anyway. Gammagooey will get to finish off both Fate and VasudeVa.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (isolation #86) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Feysal »

Yes, but moving west today will at least take myself out of the range of the Gamma Pulse. This may mean nothing to you if you continue to believe I'm scum, but it means something to me.

>
TriAttack(Fate, 0, Furcolow, 2, VasudeVa, 2)
;

By not damaging Fate I will give him an opportunity to still use his weapon tomorrow, either on Furcolow or VasudeVa.

>
Move(A2)
;
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (isolation #87) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Feysal »

So, Furcolow has a shield. He only took half damage from the attack. Nevertheless, that was his wakeup call.

The special module in B1, if indeed it is one, provides us an interesting possibility. If I were to move there and pick it up, I would have to discard the Gamma Pulse if I had it. Of course, you might think that I would abandon the Gamma Pulse anyway for strategic reasons, but it would be something I could do for a little town credit. What do you think?

Oh, and Fate, please hold on choosing who to attack with your final attack, if indeed today is your last day alive. If Furcolow is the true scum with VasudeVa, we're going to need all the help we can get to bring him down.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (isolation #88) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Feysal »

Oh, and now that I thought about it, vezokpiraka being in range to shoot VasudeVa again is perfect.

Gammagooey has already fired his Plasma Burst into B3. This will kill both Fate and VasudeVa, but only if their shields don't get in the way.

VasudeVa has already fired his EMP at Fate. This means Fate will die today, no way around it, his shield will be gone.

If vezokpiraka fires his EMP at VasudeVa, then VasudeVa is guaranteed to die today too. He may die anyway, I don't know if he can get his shield up in time again for it to save him. That means vezokpiraka could also fire his EMP at Furcolow, which would cause him to take more damage from the Plasma Burst, and possibly Fate's Plasma Whip.

Fate's attack is not needed to kill VasudeVa. The question now is, is Furcolow scum? The way he has dodged shooting VasudeVa this long looks highly suspicious. I trusted him when he seemed willing to cooperate, but he has not in fact done anything useful. Fate has a choice of whether or not to use his Plasma Whip, which would almost be enough to finish Furcolow.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (isolation #89) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Feysal »

You know Fate, I'm starting to think Gammagooey really is town after all. Stubborn yes, but the way he has been chasing you and me could really be town tunneling. This is mostly because of Furcolow being so useless, asking for what to do and then not doing it, particularly how he has never shot at VasudeVa. At the same time, I'm starting to get a townish feeling from Gammagooey again. The things he has done and the way he has moved, he has positioned himself so that he has no choice but to fire at his supposed scum partner. If he were allied with VasudeVa, that would leave him unable to shoot anyone but Furcolow with the Gamma Pulse, and this would expose him and result in his death. If he were allied with Furcolow, then the way Furcolow has resisted following his wishes makes no sense, and besides I am certain VasudeVa is scum.

Fate, I also advice against you using Spark Sap. Furcolow has a shield, and that might enable him to stop the Sap effect, and he would barely take any damage. Plasma Whip is much better. It will do 4 HP of damage after shields, and that is much more significant than the initial damage from Spark Sap.

vezokpiraka now has a Plasma Pistol then. That is great. Can you already fire it this cycle? If yes, then taking a shot at Furcolow would cause further 2 HP of damage after shields.

The Plasma Burst from Gammagooey will do 1 HP after shields. This would combine into 7 HP of damage against Furcolow this cycle, and after that he would be easy prey if he were the last scum. The shield might not even protect him from all attacks from all directions, so this could even kill him.

Like Gammagooey said to VasudeVa, there is but one action Furcolow should take, whatever his alignment is. If he is town, he should assume Gammagooey is scum and shoot him. If he is scum, then he should treat town-Gammagooey as his enemy and shoot him. If he is scum, he might as well throw in the towel though. After all the damage from Fate, vezokpiraka and Gammagooey, he will have no way of winning.

In brief, what I would ask Fate to do is Plasma Whip Furcolow, and vezokpiraka to shoot him with the Plasma Pistol.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (isolation #90) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Feysal »

Fate #1377 wrote:Feysal I cannot, CANNOT BELIEVE you are falling for Gamma's "genuine tunneling"

NO ONE is that thick.
I'd like to believe people couldn't be that thick, but sadly, I don't have that much faith in humanity. People can be stubborn and stupid, and when these two meet, the result can be some spectacular boneheadedness.

I can't help the fact that Gammagooey's recent actions don't make sense if he were scum. They would make sense if he were a townie on a wild goose chase. Before Furcolow agreed to cooperate with my original plan, I had a scum read on him, and I only trusted him due to his willingness to cooperate, and out of necessity since I had no firepower of my own. Willingness to cooperate means nothing unless it leads to actions, and Furcolow has ignored suggestions and done nothing for three days now. That starts to look like scum stalling for time.

If there is any one argument I can say for why Gammagooey is town, it is because he has put himself into a losing position if he is scum. He would not be able to kill Furcolow with the Gamma Pulse, since Furcolow would have too much HP to die from that. If Gammagooey were scum, he would want you to damage Furcolow. It would be the only way he could win. Instead he wants you to make sure VasudeVa is dead, which would be useless to him if he were scum, and he would certainly lose to Furcolow. Something you never see a lone scum do is put himself intentionally in a losing position. In light of that, Gammagooey would have to be town.

Regarding what to do about Furcolow, consider this. If you are correct and Gammagooey is scum, then Furcolow, vezokpiraka and me will kill him, no problem. But, what if I'm right about Furcolow being scum, and he is allowed to enter tomorrow with 90% health? After Gammagooey was gone, there would be nothing to stop Furcolow from winning for scum. He could one-shot vezokpiraka, and alone against Furcolow's weapons I would have no chance. I would not want to lose this game because we did not cover all bases, and this is a particularly dangerous one to ignore.

Simply put, if Gammagooey is scum, then vezokpiraka and I can kill him even without Furcolow. But if Furcolow is scum, vezokpiraka and I cannot kill him. I would not want to take that risk.
Fate #1377 wrote:Tell me what your read of me and VV is now. Oh you already did in your post.

"I'm certain VV is scum"

EVERY TOWNIE ON THE FUCKING BOARD IS CERTAIN GIVEN HIS POSTS.

Like I said, Gamma, CANT ride that train because he HAS to have Furc kill me.
You may be right. I may be wrong. I've been wrong before, and will be wrong for many times to come. However, from a viewpoint of cold objectivity, Furcolow being scum is too much of a risk to take. If I'm wrong, town can win anyway. If I'm right and Furcolow's health is not reduced, the town cannot win.

Please, don't make me say "I told you so" in post-game.

That may yet turn out to be a moot point though, since it seems like Furcolow won't be doing anything today either.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #91) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1393 wrote:
plasma pistol: vezokpiraka
Knew it! Now there is a scum claim if I ever saw one! VasudeVa-Furcolow scumteam. I knew it!

Fate, will you now please use your Plasma Whip on Furcolow? I guarantee you, it is the better choice. Furcolow's shield may negate the Spark Sap, and your final attack would be wasted.

vezokpiraka, please come back online and use your final shot on Furcolow. God knows we're going to need it.

Gammagooey, will you
FINALLY
admit that you're wrong about me and Fate? Will you finally work with me to bring about Furcolow's end? HE IS THE FINAL SCUM!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (isolation #92) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Feysal »

Gammagooey #1397 wrote:Feys I'm confused. And three people are dead at once. I'm gonna be waiting for flips before doing stuff.
I bet you are confused. You put your faith in the wrong player, as did I. I realized your actions were suicidal if you were scum, and got over it.

I doubt we will have time to wait for flips. Starting tomorrow, I will be gunning for Furcolow. I pray that you survive the Gamma Pulse, if indeed it is ready to fire tonight. I will need all the help I can get if I am to win against Furcolow. At this stage, waiting could cost us the game.
Furcolow #1398 wrote:I bet that Fate is going to hit me, and use their night kill on me, but the town will be victorious right afterwards.
That is my prediction.

You are really, really wrong here Feysal. I actually am somewhat suspicious of you. Way moreso than I was a few cycles ago when I felt like you were obvious town. Your post a couple pages ago urging people to attack me just feels like scum trying to run away for a win while town finish each other off.

I am such an idiot if I just let you do that
You are such an idiot if you think you can get away with shooting my number one townread.

Your prediction is pure nonsense. If Fate and vezokpiraka were the scumteam, the game is over and the town won. But then, you seem to assume that there will be a tomorrow? Of course there will, because you are the final scum.

For the past three days you've been just sitting there, doing nothing. Missing one time to act is one thing. Missing three days is too much, and making an exceedingly anti-town action on the fourth day is really the icing on the cake. By shooting vezokpiraka you signed a scum confession.

It is completely impossible for Fate and vezokpiraka to have been the scumteam. vezokpiraka was proven to possess a special ability, so he could not have fired the Gamma Pulse that killed inHim. Fate did not have a line of fire which would've enabled him to fire at inHim. Are you reading this, Gammagooey? You made an argument about this earlier, so I know you understand this. Furcolow just killed someone who had no chance whatsoever of being scum. That cannot be allowed to pass unpunished.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (isolation #93) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Feysal »

Fate? Where are you? This is the one deadline you should not miss. If you don't crack your whip today, Furcolow will almost certainly win.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (isolation #94) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Feysal »

Thank goodness you made it.

>
Move(B2)
;

Moving to center so I can fire at Furcolow, and hopefully block him from getting another module.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (isolation #95) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Feysal »

I didn't just miss the deadline by seconds, did I?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (isolation #96) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Feysal »

I told you so. Furcolow is scum.

Here is your dunce cap, Gammagooey. Wear it proudly. You've thoroughly earned it for your efforts in this game, tunneling on town without ever considering you could be wrong.

My situation can be described with one word: hopeless. I have more HP than Furcolow, but he is shielded, and I can only fire once every two cycles. If I can't get a better weapon like soon, so much for town.

If only vezokpiraka had come online to shoot Furcolow. Even one shot, whether it was from his EMP or his new Plasma Pistol, would've been enough. Then I could've easily beat Furcolow in a battle of attrition.

To any townies still watching, if it is not completely obvious, I am now your last hope, faint though it is.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (isolation #97) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Feysal »

>Time(mafiascum.net);
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (isolation #98) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Feysal »

>Time(mafiascum.net);
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (isolation #99) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Feysal »

>Time(mafiascum.net);
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (isolation #100) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Feysal »

>Time(mafiascum.net);
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (isolation #101) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Feysal »

>Time(mafiascum.net);
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (isolation #102) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Feysal »

Wait, how did this end so soon? I knew my odds of success were low, but I still had a chance of winning. If I stalled and dodged, if I managed to pick up a better weapon from a random drop, I could've either killed Furcolow, or taken him with me, before the Gamma Pulse was ready again. I had a strategy planned for this and everything, with some luck it could've worked. How did the item drops work anyway? What was that last module no one got to pick up?

And, if the Gamma Pulse was an offensive module, how did it get fired at Gammagooey when both Furcolow and VasudeVa had used an offensive ability already that day? I was actually counting on it being used today, since the average HP was so low it should not have killed Gammagooey.

At least I can say I caught both mafia members when no one else did. I had pegged Furcolow as scum already before Plum flipped with CKD, and VasudeVa was one of two null reads. One more flip of his stance regarding vezokpiraka, and I became sure he was scum. 50% success rate at identifying scum in early game? Not bad at all, if I may say so.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (isolation #103) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:00 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1427 wrote:you then attacked with two tri attacks dealing me 0 damage
i'm not buying your story
You're not buying my story? You don't believe I could've beaten you? You just made me more confident I could've beaten you. You keep wondering how, I might have pulled it off.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (isolation #104) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Feysal »

Vi #1431 wrote:You needed a weapon to come that would do enough damage to kill Furcolow outright, and it wasn't coming for weeks. I wasn't going to let this game stall for months until you felt secure in stepping into certain death.
Er, I'm not sure I understand this. I would've needed either a Plasma Pistol or Plasma Whip, and either of them would've allowed me to win. Both are common weapons, I knew I could luck out and grab one of them in the seven days I had. Are you saying you generated several weeks' worth of random items in advance? I guess if you did and there were no weapons for the first week, then I accept the ruling. Otherwise, I have to say there was yet a chance for me to win, particularly if Furcolow got overconfident and slipped up.
Vi #1431 wrote:It's worth noting that Feysal's day 1 strategy would have broken the game had it been stuck to, but lol, that didn't happen.
You mean the strategy proposed by inHim and fleshed out by VP Baltar? I can't claim credit for that one, though I may have been the only one who actively tried to dodge the Gamma Pulse.
VP Baltar #1432 wrote:Feysal, I think people were suspicious of you because you were pretty heavily focused on the strategy stuff. Obviously that's how you play, but it was hard at times to tell if you were setting plans for town to win or fail because it was all strategy, all the time. I don't know what you really could have done differently other than try to break up the Gamma-Fate word battle that allowed the scum to lurk.
Strategizing is my best skill in mafia, and in a setup this complex it was my best play. I felt that trying to scumhunt amidst the chaos was a waste of time, and trying to use the game mechanics to town advantage was the best thing to do. Ironically, when Gammagooey prodded me enough, I actually nailed both mafia in my suspect list.

I can also say that I was suspicious of you early on for exactly the same reason. To me it looked like you were trying to assume leadership and establish yourself as obvtown, but I had no way of knowing whether you actually were town. That made me paranoid about you, up until you displayed knowledge of how the P2P worked.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (isolation #105) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Feysal »

Vi #1435 wrote:Why did you spend so much time doing no damage to anyone, though?
My early two shots were for testing purposes, and to show the town what weapon I had. After that, much time was wasted waiting for flips and trying to convince Gammagooey to abandon his fool crusade. And of course, I was fully aware that I had the worst weapon for town purposes in the entire game, and if I got into a shootout with someone with no one to back me up, I'd just get myself killed. I won't hesitate to sacrifice myself if it is the winning play for town, but I won't throw my life away for no purpose.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (isolation #106) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Feysal »

VP Baltar #1438 wrote:Also I was really confused about you questioning me on P2P after I was dead. :P
It was your comment about inHim being resurrected that rang a warning bell. I imagined something like scum using their factional weapon to kill each other, and then revive the victim of the kill before the flip, establishing the perfect pro-town cover. I asked about the P2P to be sure you really had that, rather than you and inHim having factional daytalk. I admitted it was an irrational fear, but since it was so easily checked, I asked.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (isolation #107) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Feysal »

Furcolow #1452 wrote:my plasma pistol wasn't going to be dealing 3 damage with my failsafe on son
And was your Plasma Pistol going to kill me in one hit? I rather doubt that. Had I found a better weapon and taken you by surprise with that, I could've killed you, no matter how much damage your final attack did. The town win condition required me to eliminate all threats, not to survive. Even if you killed me, if I killed you at the same time, you would've lost.

And by the way, I do not appreciate your patronizing attitude. I will not be called 'son' by a village idiot, particularly one whose scumteam I correctly identified.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (isolation #108) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Feysal »

Might as well share what I planned to do. I was going to start by moving due west. I expected Furcolow would move north to be able to shoot me. That would've left me at 40%, and Furcolow at 30%.

Next, I was going to wait until deadline to surprise Furcolow. If he moved first, I could easily dodge him by moving after him. Same thing if he did not move.

I would've made a run for the module in C1, or possibly another if one appeared nearby. Furcolow could've gotten in range to shoot me by the time I got to the module. We'd have shot each other again, me at 10%, Furcolow at 20%.

After that, if I got a weapon, whether it was a pistol or whip, I could've moved to kill Furcolow. At 20% health, he could've killed me, but I would've also killed him. Of course I did not know about the failsafe, and I still don't know at what point he could've activated it. If it was at 30%, he could've killed me the second time we shot at each other, when I thought I could still survive. However, I did have a plan of action, and based on everything I knew, it was possible for me to succeed in beating Furcolow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”