Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by mb53 »

DarthYoshi wrote:Dishing out a couple of RQS questions--

What time zone are you in?

Do you prefer RQS or RVS? Why?

How much mafia experience do you have?
I'm in GMT-7, US mountain time.
I think that both of them are a good way to get the ball rolling.
I've been on and off since I joined here. I started playing on warcraft 3, and continue playing there.

Vote: ICEninja
, because he is the only other person in here that I have seen before.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by mb53 »

I officially declare RVS over btw.
NO!
unvote, vote: implosion
for trying to control the town.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 am

Post by mb53 »

It should've been pretty obvious I contradicted myself there, towards which scum would see the opportunity and try to cast attention to it, as ICE did
Ever thought that he just thinks contradictions are scummy?
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:23 am

Post by mb53 »

Ok.
unvote, vote: _over9000

All he has been doing all game is: "Yep, you guys are right."
Don't like it.

What exactly is WoMC doing that is scummy? Use your own words.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by mb53 »

implosion wrote:town:
mb

leaning town:
q21
implosion
neko
Yoshi
Zdenek

neutral for now:
neil
silavor
ICE
Mongoose

leaning scum:
WoMC
Nameless

scum:
over9000

Discuss.
Mine ^
@Everyone: when you first read my first post, did you think it was not clearly tongue-in-cheek?
Sorry, I'm not sure what that means.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by mb53 »

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote:
mb53 wrote:
@Everyone: when you first read my first post, did you think it was not clearly tongue-in-cheek?
Sorry, I'm not sure what that means.
What part are you having trouble with?
I simply don't know what toungue-in-cheek means =P
ICE wrote:mb, likewise, has some strange points in his list. Just 3 ISO posts previous, he votes implosion. He has said nothing about implosion since, and now rates him as one of his better town reads. I would definitely like to hear some justification for this. Exactly like implosion, you've put Nameless as one of the scummiest players without saying anything about him at all. I definitely feel like there is a bit of a connection between you two.
For implosion, my original vote was half RVS and half real. It was still really early, and I didn't have much to go on, so that was the half RVS part. The other reason was somewhat real, even though ordering everyone else around could be a scum or null tell. Since then, I think he has been rather pro-town.

For nameless, I don't like how he isn't really willing to answer questions. Even if you explained yourself, explain yourself again if asked to. Why not? Don't be difficult.
DarthYoshi wrote:Nameless--what exactly is bothering you about Ninja's posts [...]
There is no need for you to be jumping in and defending another player at this point. Not liking this.[/quote]
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by mb53 »

EBWOP for the last quote:
nameless wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote: Nameless--what exactly is bothering you about Ninja's posts [...]
There is no need for you to be jumping in and defending another player at this point. Not liking this.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by mb53 »

By the way, I don't think the trend of posting a comprehensive list of scum and town reads needs to continue. Listing one's top scum suspects should suffice.
Yes, that will be the only list I shall be posting, as it does give scum an idea of who to target/not to target. I don't think it is very harmful 3-4 pages in though, as it is initial thought, and peoples views can change a lot through out the day.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by mb53 »

2 things.

1. neil=bad
2. Loving how fast this game is moving.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by mb53 »

Zdenek wrote:Implosion backtracked on his nameless scum-read, but mb completely ignored people's criticisms. I don't like that at all.
Wow really? Are you seriously not reading the thread?
Myself, #83 wrote:For nameless, I don't like how he isn't really willing to answer questions. Even if you explained yourself, explain yourself again if asked to. Why not? Don't be difficult.

yoshi wrote: I also have no clue why mb53 played follow-the-leader in #80 (mb, why did you make that post?)
I would have said that what niel said was scummy earlier if I saw it was. I didn't notice though that he wasn't answering questions. When I first saw that post, I thought it was a little suspicious that he didn't contribute anything, but then I found out that he had specific questions for him to answer, generating my response of neil=bad.

About the list:
I was stupid for posting. I remember in one of my games (or maybe it was one that I read through), that someone got called out for making a list, because it tells scum who to target. I completely forgot about it until I got called out for it >_>

Also, DAMN IT NEIL. If I was mod, I would seriously be tempted to modkill. What kind of person claims vanilla townie, after like 3 posts, on page 4, and then replaces out?
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by mb53 »

@MOD, can we please get a votecount? Pretty please?
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by mb53 »

Zdenek wrote:Are you referring just to the question about what was bothering him about Ninja's posts?
Yeah. This/the post below it

_over9000 wrote:I still believe that people are letting WoMC's "trap" off too easily, and all things considered I'm going to leave my vote where it is.

Mongoose, you made a random vote and included /end rvs in post 64. If Weapons voting for ICE is considered non-random, the RVS was approaching its end from post 20. Thats page 1. I really don't like for a bit that you decided to throw in a final random vote when the RVS had been long over on all counts. Especially when there was already some heat on you.

q21 post 127, I find it scummy when someone commands that people vote for someone else. And I'd really like you to go into more detail on how you quoted silavor and voted Nameless.

The fact is that this is pretty much all I have to add, though I'm sure that won't be enough for some people.
Why is WoMC's trap scummy? Use your own words.
Yoshi wrote:Okay, you said you were stupid for posting it. That doesn’t tell me WHY you did it, it just says that posting it was a dumb thing to do.
It seemed like a go idea at the time :? . I can't go back in time, and remember why I did it, but I probably just thought it would be a good idea to say who is I thought was scummy (and like pointed out later, I had forgotten to mention why I thought nameless scummy earlier, so if I didn't post the list, you guys still wouldn't know I found nameless scummy. So not
all
bad came from the list).
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by mb53 »

Sorry, unexpectedly busy this weekend (currently posting from phone) will post monday.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by mb53 »

q21 wrote:
silavor wrote:-snip-

Hey, 2-for-one deal! I got the entire scumteam- oh, wait, but then how is ICE scum, as well?
Obviously
we have three scum in this game! Or, more likely, we have a bunch of townies nitpicking each other's comments to bits because we're only part way through page 2, and the game's been going for less than 24 hours at this point.

-snip-

This same argument can just as easily be made towards Nameless, since he also managed to get someone to hop on my wagon, Zdenek. The point is, though, unless we have three scum in the game and they would all out themselves so easily, how can we take the case against one of them as "obvscum trying to create a false case", while dropping the others as just being "town pointing out an anomaly"?

-snip-
Scumslip time. Three scum would be the norm for this game. The fact that you suggest, twice in one post no less, that it is more likely that there are only 2 suggests that you know something more than the average townie should.

Unvote, Vote Nameless

Everyone vote Nameless.
Doubt it. Can't just think that he does know the "norm"?
Zdenek wrote:I think mongoose is scummy for prolonging RVS with his random vote on q21, while he had stated that he found WOMC scummy
I just don't see how him re-doing a random vote would be beneficial to scum. Null tell I say.
Zdenek wrote:I do not believe that "being difficult" is a scum tell, and even refusing to explain yourself isn't one.
Well, I do.
Nameless wrote:More likely scum candidates would seem to be Implosion (see: #94, #113) and mb53; the later makes a lot of posts with little content,
often requires prompting to explain anything,
changes his first vote very quickly,
exaggerates 1/10th of D1 as "all game"
and dittos a scumlist without prompting only to allegedly forget why two real days later.
1. More of play style than scummy-ness. I hate when people take something that can be answered in one line and make a whole gigantic deal out of it. Whats the point of that? I don't get why everyone feels the need to over explain and exaggerate something unless it is absolutely necessary, such as when prompted to like I have had to. Anyone who makes paragraphs for no reason makes me feel like they are trying to post content that isn't needed. But I have grown to learn that that is just some peoples play style, and is the opposite of mine. They end up sounding like they are rambling and have no idea what they are talking about. One liners are nice, simple, and clean. They get the point across without everyone needing to read big paragraphs of pointless crap.

Really does no one else see a problem with that? I could have responded with "I hate when people take something that can be answered in one line and make a whole gigantic deal out of it". Instead I wanted to give an example. Play style.

2. I don't get why people try to pass things that happen in RVS as actual scum tells. And I already explained my vote switch to implosion.

3. Come on, you know what I meant. "All you have done this game (AKA ALL GAME SO FAR) is not post content."

4. Like I said, I'm sure I just thought it was a convenient way to get who I thought was scum across.

+ Town points for nameless for nice scum hunting in that post
implosion wrote:He's a
really
easy target,
Soo... You suggest that we attack the people that
aren't
scummy?
q21 wrote:87% of stats are entirely made up.
[offtopic]I say this all the time but most of my friends are too stupid to get it =P[/offtopic]
q wrote:Really not buying mb's "I forgot it was scummy" excuse.
I was thinking of going to find where I learned it was scummy, but I figured it wouldn't be worth it since it would take hours to find (since I'm not even sure if I was in the game, or just reading a different game). But really, if I was scum, wouldn't I say something like "Oh yeah, my bad I had no idea it was scummy" rather than tell the truth (WIFOM)?

Also. Why am I scum for posting a list, realize it was scummy, than warning others not to post one? How do I (assuming I'm scum) benefit from that?
q wrote:Meta based reads revolving around players replacing out are never legitimate.
This. Null tell from niel replacing.

This, andthis Good scum hunting, good defense. (Also, when people say "post ###" Could you link to them like I did, instead of making me scroll up to them? Much appreciated.
implosion wrote:Or rather, I feel like if I were scum, I would push very hard on him because he appears unlikely to defend himself well. For the same reason, if I were scum and _over9000 is scum, I'd make sure to be on his wagon in case it goes through so that it becomes a bus.
WIFOM.

So, regarding implosion. I have just always have had a gut town feel on him. And I think he defense was decent. As I learned from a different game that I just finished, I shouldn't trust my gut (I had gut town reads on the 2 scum that were there >_>). So I won't try to stop the lynch or anything, but I doubt I'm going to be attacking him.

More posting Mongoose/9000/WoMC (although WoMC did come in to say that he will post soon (like I did)) please (oh wait, looking back mongoose said he was sick).
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by mb53 »

You guys should answer this. wrote:Also. Why am I scum for posting a list, realize it was scummy, than warning others not to post one? How do I (assuming I'm scum) benefit from that?
Maybe respond to this one too? wrote:I just don't see how him re-doing a random vote would be beneficial to scum.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by mb53 »

DarthYoshi wrote:Some responses from Mb53's defense concern me--
But really, if I was scum, wouldn't I say something like "Oh yeah, my bad I had no idea it was scummy" rather than tell the truth (WIFOM)?
Isn’t this more or less what you have been saying?
Also. Why am I scum for posting a list, realize it was scummy, than warning others not to post one? How do I (assuming I'm scum) benefit from that?
Because you didn’t acknowledge its scumminess until pressed. Presumably, if you weren’t pressed, other players may have felt free to post theirs’ as well. Granted, you were called out on it pretty quick, but still.
If pressed=reminded, sure.
mb53 wrote:
By the way, I don't think the trend of posting a comprehensive list of scum and town reads needs to continue. Listing one's top scum suspects should suffice.
Yes, that will be the only list I shall be posting, as it does give scum an idea of who to target/not to target. I don't think it is very harmful 3-4 pages in though, as it is initial thought, and peoples views can change a lot through out the day.
Read: I am hedging my bets so that I won’t attract any untoward attention if I turn out to be wrong.
Whenever I have a gut read on someone, I have trouble finding any evidence against them, and other people's evidence just seems doubtful in my mind. Like I said, my gut reads in the last game I was in was wrong, so I'm not going to try and stop the lynch.
I'm not all that concerned with the fact that you posted a list, it the order of the names on it that bothers me.
Plural? So far you have only commented on Nameless, which I already explained (even if we do disagree with the scum tell I based it off of.) Besides, now I'm thinking he is town, and you are thinking he is scum (heheh funny switch around).
It indicates that he doesn't feel the urgency to scum hunt, and would rather goof off than make a serious argument. Maybe not beneficial to scum, but indicative of mindset that's not geared towards helping town.
Ok, good explanation.
Rawr, thats my website to shove in people's faces. And I did google before I asked, but I was super tired and wikipedia confused me so I gave up. [/offtopic]
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:45 am

Post by mb53 »

Emphasis mine. Gut reads are one thing, but this just sounds like an attempt to excuse away any potential tunnel vision in advance.
I try very hard not to tunnel. Just because that little stop in the back of my mind/stomach keeps telling me he is town, doesn't mean I won't be watching him. Or watching everyone for that matter.

Whats with q21 trying to control town? >_>
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by mb53 »

Game seems to have come to a stop until 9000 gets replaced/mongoose posts.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 am

Post by mb53 »

Well, I have some nice responses written up. I shall wait until Saint finishes catching up though.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by mb53 »

Well if you insist.
Saint wrote:
mb53 wrote:Ok.

Don't like it.

End RVS, wait, no... There's one last vote... on my slot.
Great.

So far, my slot has made 2 back-to-back posts. Literally consecutive. The guy was voting WoMC for using IIoA on page ONE.
Nope. He voted him for unvoting. Get your facts right.
9000 wrote:VOTE: Weapons for being the first to unvote. that sort of shiftiness is going to get the town nowhere.
That's a pretty reasonable vote. Considering that the 2 people voting before him, he hadn't seen yet... come on. You're joking, here, right?
Again, nope. He votes him for unvoting, then keeps it there agreeing that he is scummy. Then, quite obviously, I ask why WoMC is scummy, and don't get an answer about his trap being scummy (and doesn't explain why he thinks the trap is scummy).
mb+implosion back to back, out of nowhere, pushing for a mislynch.
Nope. My vote on 9000 the whole game has been an attempt to pressure him into content. But if he didn't post content, sure, I would lynch. q21 on the other hand likes to push for mislynches.
really not liking this. You share the same scum read on a guy with 2 posts, voting on page 2 for a legitimate reason? Also, he was voting for something that made TWO OTHER PEOPLE vote for the same person, over the same reason.

Seems like a contradiction, to me!
You keep trying to make it sound like 9000 had a solid reason to vote for WoMC. When, you know... he didn't...
Saint wrote:
implosion wrote:mb's explained him.
HA
He surely did. Care to reference where he "explained him", Implosion, and what was it in his explanation that
sold
you?
What post is this? I would like to know who "him" is referring to.
DarthYoshi's post at the top of 5, #101 I believe, is nearly perfect. Wonderful post, sir. Very glad that you are on my team this game, again, considering our last game together was a flawless win. Lets keep up the good work. I hate to inform you, though, that I may not be able to bring to the table what I brought in that game. Lets just say that I will have to utilize a more open mind in my approach this time.
Wow, buddy much?
Saint wrote:
Zdenek wrote:silavor, I initially thought that you were referring to the post where you first voted Weapons, but I don't believe that you intended your initial vote on WOMC to be sarcastic humour. I think you voted WOMC for things that you think are scum tells, but reduced the severity of your vote but including a joke about it being RVS.

I agree with ICEninja that the unexplained/similar rankings in implosion's and mb's player rankings are very suspicious. I have often seen scum copy the reads of one another and of townies, so mb's choices are worse because he went second.

Implosion backtracked on his nameless scum-read, but mb completely ignored people's criticisms. I don't like that at all.
I completely agree with this. It is nice to see the town suspecting the same people I am suspecting. Wow. If only the votes would consolidate on Implosion, we would be in great shape! (assuming he is scum)
Again... Buddy much? And on a post I thought was complete crap too. Nice.

After those posts, I am comfortable leaving my vote where it is.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by mb53 »

EBWOP
Again, nope. He votes him for unvoting, then keeps it there agreeing that he is scummy. Then, quite obviously, I ask why WoMC is scummy, and
don't
get an answer about his trap being scummy (and doesn't explain
why
he thinks the trap is scummy which is what I was asking for).
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by mb53 »

Ok, wow, that is definitely enough to override my gut town read. I still want my vote on Saint though.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by mb53 »

I really don't like Mb's willingness to jump on an implosion wagon so easily.
Contradictions are pretty big scum tells in my book. And implosions made a pretty huge one.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 am

Post by mb53 »

Prior to now, you said implosion's defence was decent. But this time you didn't even give him a chance to respond before deciding you'd changed your read.
And if his defense is adequate, I'll change reads again.
ICEninja's post before yours didn't actually make any new arguments either; I brought up the discrepancy between implosion's initial scummy / currently neutral reads, the lack of justification for his 'scum on wagon' stance and whatever else pages ago. Maybe my posts weren't convincing enough, but that "pretty huge" contradiction wasn't new.
But when ICE laid it out like that... O.o
mb says something similar to "why does such and such make me scum?" the fact that he has to ask why seems and reads more like "what did I do wrong for you to have caught me?" than anything else.
Well others seem to have defended me on this, and I don't have anything to add to what they have said.

(Just by the way, I advise you all to be aware of Empkings meta)

Gaining suspicion of silavor.
Preview edit. Thats a lot of replacements.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by mb53 »

A quick scan of his ISO shows that on his 5th, he voted for over9000, and never moved his vote from the slot. I agree that the slot is scummy, but I'm not seeing much from you about any other player slots.
As stated before, my 9000 vote was mainly an attempt to get content, but now I do in fact find Saint scummy, and my vote isn't there to pressure into content.

As for other player slots.... I'm having difficulty getting any reads. Most of you are null. Implosion is leaning scum now (at least until I hear his defense). Some slight town reads too, but you all are a tough bunch to read...
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by mb53 »

Yeah... Totally...
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by mb53 »

Saint, I swear to God I would lynch you right now if you had a wagon.
Hop on board then.
Empking wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:
Empking:
Firstly, he goes through his first two posts of the game without putting on a vote. This is a deliberately anti-town action and oner I would not expect from town.
Why is this deliberately anti-town? I haven't heard of replacing in and not voting as a scumtell.
Ooh, Darth Yoshi hasn't heard of it. My mistake then.

It slows the game down and reduces momentum. You should (almost) always (outside of lynch or lose) have your vote on someone. Itys a scumtell because there's an anti-town motivation but not a town motivation.
His first three posts were immediately in a row, and his 3rd was a vote. Good job trying to make something completely not scummy scummy. Serious FoS on empking for that.
Mind telling us what we should know?
Posts like
Empking wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Nameless
Can be normal for him.
I see the point behind this, but are you implying you want RVS to continue?
Well sort of, since as explained later this was a half RVS vote and a half "I have no where better to but my vote" vote. RVS isn't something that can really be declared over, it should move out gradually. And if someone declares RVS over on page 1, there wouldn't really be anything to start going off of.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by mb53 »

MB is on me because I am suspicious of him
Dude stop acting like I don't have a case on you. It's completely valid. Just stop.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by mb53 »

replace out.
*facepalm*
Nameless's post is amazing.
QFT
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by mb53 »

I've read all of the posts that have been made since, I last posted, but I don't have time to say much except that I'm happy with a saint or empking lynch.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:19 am

Post by mb53 »

1. People change opinons quickly all the time. That's not a scum tell.
2. People have faulty memories. Also not a scum tell.
I'm going to have to agree with Empking here.
Nice AtE.
Funny, because basically your case is "He's scum, just trust me on this one I have a god gut read."
mb- what about implosion? Not too long ago, you had him leaning scum.
He is still leaning scum, but emp and saint I think would be better lynches today I think.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 am

Post by mb53 »

I think this fight between Empking and king is going nowhere.

Also, tonight or tomorrow I will re-read the thread with your view on ice and nameless setael
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by mb53 »

@Mb53: No thoughts on Emp's roleclaim, or the town's reactions to it? Rly?
Sorry, I was in a rush -_-

I think that empking could easily claim mason whether he is scum or town. And if he really is mason, its his/his partner's choice on whether or not to claim buddy. Really his claim doesn't change my opinion on him.

Obviously we aren't going to lynch saint today, so
unvote, vote:empking
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by mb53 »

I don't have much to add but...
myself wrote:I think this fight between Empking and king is going nowhere.
I didn't have time to re-read the thread today, but I promise I will tomorrow with everyone's thoughts on nameless/ICE in mind.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:55 am

Post by mb53 »

Mb, lot has happened--and you don't have much to add with any of your contributions? Why are you trying to coast by rather than help scumhunt?
Actually, I don't think that that much has happened. Its mostly been back and forth between king and emp, and then some accusations of other players that I said I will look into today, ASAP.

Also, I still think saint is scum.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:32 am

Post by mb53 »

I just can't really find anything recent to comment on, its almost all been king and emp fighting.

Also, about half way through with re-read.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by mb53 »

Quick
thoughts after re reading:
I have no idea why I thought implosion was town.
Saint still looks like scum. He hasn't really done... anything since his first posts when he replaced in (which were scummy in the first place)
Emp has pretty much been talking nonsense all game
I don't see nameless or ICE as scum currently.
You guys are all impossible to read (that means null reads on everyone but implosion saint and emp)
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by mb53 »

neko wrote:That said, I'm agreeing with Set and finding mb to be a much better candidate. I didn't like the way he attached himself to the implosion wagon earlier, and I don't like the way he's jumping on the emp wagon now either. In fact, after ISOing him, he never clearly states why he thinks Emp is scummy before saying he's willing to lynch him. Consider the following:
mb53 wrote:I've read all of the posts that have been made since, I last posted, but I don't have time to say much except that I'm happy with a saint or empking lynch.
Before this post, this is the only mention of Emp as doing something scummy:
mb53 wrote:
Empking wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:
Empking:
Firstly, he goes through his first two posts of the game without putting on a vote. This is a deliberately anti-town action and oner I would not expect from town.
Why is this deliberately anti-town? I haven't heard of replacing in and not voting as a scumtell.
Ooh, Darth Yoshi hasn't heard of it. My mistake then.

It slows the game down and reduces momentum. You should (almost) always (outside of lynch or lose) have your vote on someone. Itys a scumtell because there's an anti-town motivation but not a town motivation.
His first three posts were immediately in a row, and his 3rd was a vote. Good job trying to make something completely not scummy scummy. Serious FoS on empking for that.
Mind telling us what we should know?
Posts like
Empking wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Nameless
Can be normal for him.
Notice that this also includes a "be careful of his meta" caveat.
But seriously, you all see how freaking scummy that is? I'm surprised no one commented on how he tried to pull a BS scum-tell out of thin air.
I'm willing to move to avoid a no-lynch, but this seems like the best direction to me. Implosion is a possibility, but I get a stronger scum read from mb here, and I think he was trying to ride along the implosion wagon earlier. Ice--you said you see the case on mb and would consider voting him. If mb is scummy, in my mind he almost has to be ranked above implosion considering the vote.

unvote; vote:mb53
I was never on the implosion wagon.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:48 am

Post by mb53 »

Mb- you weren't technically on the wagon, but you changed your read of him from town to scum with very little explanation once he became unpopular. And are you just waiting for someone else to point out what's scummy about my post rather than do your own analysis?
I gave my reason for think him as scummy.
mb53 wrote:
I really don't like Mb's willingness to jump on an implosion wagon so easily.
Contradictions are pretty big scum tells in my book. And implosions made a pretty huge one.

OMGUS.
Again, stop. Just stop. If anything,
your
vote is OMGUS...
mb53 wrote:Well if you insist.
Saint wrote:
mb53 wrote:Ok.

Don't like it.

End RVS, wait, no... There's one last vote... on my slot.
Great.

So far, my slot has made 2 back-to-back posts. Literally consecutive. The guy was voting WoMC for using IIoA on page ONE.
Nope. He voted him for unvoting. Get your facts right.
9000 wrote:VOTE: Weapons for being the first to unvote. that sort of shiftiness is going to get the town nowhere.
That's a pretty reasonable vote. Considering that the 2 people voting before him, he hadn't seen yet... come on. You're joking, here, right?
Again, nope. He votes him for unvoting, then keeps it there agreeing that he is scummy. Then, quite obviously, I ask why WoMC is scummy, and don't get an answer about his trap being scummy (and doesn't explain why he thinks the trap is scummy).
mb+implosion back to back, out of nowhere, pushing for a mislynch.
Nope. My vote on 9000 the whole game has been an attempt to pressure him into content. But if he didn't post content, sure, I would lynch. q21 on the other hand likes to push for mislynches.
really not liking this. You share the same scum read on a guy with 2 posts, voting on page 2 for a legitimate reason? Also, he was voting for something that made TWO OTHER PEOPLE vote for the same person, over the same reason.

Seems like a contradiction, to me!
You keep trying to make it sound like 9000 had a solid reason to vote for WoMC. When, you know... he didn't...
Saint wrote:
implosion wrote:mb's explained him.
HA
He surely did. Care to reference where he "explained him", Implosion, and what was it in his explanation that
sold
you?
What post is this? I would like to know who "him" is referring to.
DarthYoshi's post at the top of 5, #101 I believe, is nearly perfect. Wonderful post, sir. Very glad that you are on my team this game, again, considering our last game together was a flawless win. Lets keep up the good work. I hate to inform you, though, that I may not be able to bring to the table what I brought in that game. Lets just say that I will have to utilize a more open mind in my approach this time.
Wow, buddy much?
Saint wrote:
Zdenek wrote:silavor, I initially thought that you were referring to the post where you first voted Weapons, but I don't believe that you intended your initial vote on WOMC to be sarcastic humour. I think you voted WOMC for things that you think are scum tells, but reduced the severity of your vote but including a joke about it being RVS.

I agree with ICEninja that the unexplained/similar rankings in implosion's and mb's player rankings are very suspicious. I have often seen scum copy the reads of one another and of townies, so mb's choices are worse because he went second.

Implosion backtracked on his nameless scum-read, but mb completely ignored people's criticisms. I don't like that at all.
I completely agree with this. It is nice to see the town suspecting the same people I am suspecting. Wow. If only the votes would consolidate on Implosion, we would be in great shape! (assuming he is scum)
Again... Buddy much? And on a post I thought was complete crap too. Nice.

After those posts, I am comfortable leaving my vote where it is.
Unvote, Vote: Saint
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:43 am

Post by mb53 »

Ok, Implosions last post is absolutely terrible. Its been at least a week since implosion has said
anything
about me... And then he votes for no reason.
@Mb53, Saint, Neko, Nameless, and IP: All of you (and maybe KTS as well, with that last post) in the last few pages or so have expressed some level of suspicion about Implosion. Do all of you feel strongly enough about your Saint/Mb votes to not want to consider forming a compromise Implosion bandwagon?
Yes. Especially after that last post. And since it seems almost everyone else is for this...

Unvote, Vote: Implosion

Zdenek wrote:I don't like this change of heart, especially after ICEninja's post 500.
mb53 wrote:
1. People change opinons quickly all the time. That's not a scum tell.
2. People have faulty memories. Also not a scum tell.
I'm going to have to agree with Empking here.
Question: Say it is an hour before deadline, and there are 6 votes on me... Would it be a good idea to self hammer to avoid a no-lynch (I would guess yes, but I want to check just in case...)?
(And, for being the two most likely lynch candidates, Mb and Saint are both awfully silent right now.)
I have no idea why, but the server wasn't working for me last night. All other websites were working but this one >_>
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #41) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 am

Post by mb53 »

He is just distancing from Implosion to
-appear protown and off my wagon if i die
-have his vote on his scumbuddy if he dies
it's win-win for him as scum, mb is probably scum

1. No, I will still be happy if you die
2. Uh, no. I think he could be scum, so I'm voting him.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #42) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

Post by mb53 »

Sigh... VT.

This game isn't going so well for town. 4 claims on day 1.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by mb53 »

Nameless wrote:Let's see. Mb53's wagon sprung up out of nowhere the moment there was a chance to avoid Empking's lynch. (Compare, _over9000/Saint being justifiably attacked several times before now.) The accusations against mb53 are valid, but limited to a few obviously lackluster posts. (Compare, Saint's complete lack of sensible contributions in the last week, unfulfilled promises of a dedicated catchup post, and ignorance of any accusations against him ...) Identifiably scummy players like implosion are jumping on mb53 without much explanation. (Compare, the entire wall of accusations and plenty more since predating Saint's wagon.)

I'll call it: Saint is scum, mb53 is town, and the scumteam are pushing the heck out of his wagon to prevent themselves from losing a member.
I've been think this the whole time, but if I said anything along these lines saint would just yell "OMGUS" and everyone else would ignore it.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by mb53 »

Well it looks like the whole implosion wagon thing isn't working.

unvote Vote: saint
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #45) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by mb53 »

Hi. the server is once again not working again for my comp. i am posting from my phone. this will be my last post before deadline, and it will unfortunately be short. if im lynched, take a good look at implosion saint and swiftstrike (i think thats his name). empking can wait.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by mb53 »

Nice job, you 3 were by biggest town reads :oops:

Town pretty much sucked this game xD
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by mb53 »

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank the mod. You were great Nexus, thanks!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”