Newbie 1079: Feed the Lynch Mob (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Sorry for the delay, it's 5am here. Back in a few hours, I need sleep.
Also, let's kill someone.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:49 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

pandabear wrote:Hello everyone, looking forward to my first game.

VOTE: tarsonisocelot

for last confirm (and to take the hit for the two before him taking forever...)
Her, and please don't kill me for living in the wrong time zone. Kill someone who is actually mafia instead.
Vote: Traveller

Because I don't know who to vote for.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Traveller wrote:Am I Mafia or am I not? I ain't tellin' youse guys! :cool:

If you freeze wash water, it makes gray ice. And I hate doing laundry!

VOTE: GrayICE
I distrust your hat.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

I will have an avatar tonight, my netbook contains neither images of an appropriate size nor editing software.
Anyway, I don't think an actual mafia player would claim to be an innocent Sicilian when accused. It seems more like the ki nd of thing a slightly trollish townie might say. I could easily be wrong, but in the only other game of mafia I have ever played the Day 1 lynch was a townie who thought it was amusing to claim to be mafia.
Unvote: Traveller,Vote: Nachomamma8

Since you have yet to vote for anyone and I want to see how you respond.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

GreyICE wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:*SNIP*
That poor cat!

That guide was a really good read, nacho. Thanks for the link.

UNVOTE: nachomomma8VOTE: GreyICE
Y so mean to dat cat?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

pandabear wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
But for now,
Vote: pandabear
Everyone else's RVS votes were more joking and playful, but yours seemed serious. Was it? If so, why do you believe confirmation times are directly related with whether someone's scum or not?
No, the vote itself was random but was linked to the fact that I was just venting out my slight frustration with the long confirm time to start (which I cannot blame solely on tars because he was replacing the two players prior to him who did not respond).
I'm a she. Just saying.
And no problem, it must have been annoying to spend so long waiting after you thought the game was about to start.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:28 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

1. One, as town in a game with no roles. We lost.
2. 20
3. I would rather pull scum, because I am better at using information that I have than at reading people I don't know in a game I do not yet have experience in to gain information. As I am a townie again this game, I will get to work on my weaknesses.
4. I don't really find anyone particularly suspicious yet. But I also don't know what suspicious behaviour would look like at this stage. I'll say King of Harolds for now.

Any advice on what to look for on day 1?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:You could, but what benefit does that provide the town?
Without Equinox there to make us fight to the death we could make an alliance with the mafia? 50% of all town revenue goes to them and in return they don't kill us and eat our eyes?
I like my eyes.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

bristep123 wrote:tarsonisocelot raised an eyebrow on my radar (yes it has eyebrows) because she was the first player to specifically say "I am a townie".
I want a radar with eyebrows! I'll also try mor to keep my distractibility out of my posts.
Also in the only other game I have played, posting that you were a townie once, or in every post, was done by several people and not doing it was seen as supicious (but sw was non-participation the nose game). The first mislynch that game came when one townie decided to post "I am mafia" as a joke.

I'm in AEST so that's approximately GMT+10 I think.

Anyway, something about Traveller bugs me. It might be the way they said "Isn't it always more fun to play the villain?" to answer the do you prefer to be town or scum. Or it could be the general tone.
At this stage in the game that's enough for me.
VOTE: Traveller

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

bristep123 wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote: VOTE: Traveller
remember to unvote first, or your change of vote doesn't get registered.
Thanks
UNVOTE: VOTE: Traveller

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:24 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

There was also no point in removing it then.

Question: Ever played in a game with arbitrary post restrictions?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

thil13 wrote:I'm not sure, I don't really feel suspicious of anybody at this point, but I have seen some minor suspicious behavior. Still not convinced on a vote, but I've been paying attention.
The point of voting now is to make people feel that if they don't communicate they will be lynched. When they communicate, we can see whether they become more or less suspicious. There is no reason at this stage not to place a vote on a minor suspicion and see how they react.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Tars wrote:Question: Ever played in a game with arbitrary post restrictions?
Yes. Is there any reason you asked this question?
Traveller wrote:Ah, but we have to lynch someone. If it's my time, so be it, but let's make it interesting. BTW, KoH, did not intend to OMGUS you, but it came out that way. Apologies, but you are the most aggressive player, which, lacking any other information, suggests mafiosi to me.

You all are a pretty serious crowd. Don't want to garner any more votes than I already have, so I'm done with the flippant attitude - at least for now!
I like this post from Traveller, and he's most likely town from it. He acknowledges that his vote could be OMGUS, but keeps his vote on KoH anyways because he still believes that he's scum.
I'm playing in a game on another forum that has some ridiculous ones (must post only in haikus, must triple vote/unvote at the start of each post,etc). At the time I thought that finding more out about those games might help, but as 8/22 players were killed in night 1 and the mod is basically a huge troll I don't think anything will.

I think I agree about that post from Traveller.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Snipe
Who actually seems like scum to you?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
tans wrote:I'm playing in a game on another forum that has some ridiculous ones (must post only in haikus, must triple vote/unvote at the start of each post,etc). At the time I thought that finding more out about those games might help, but as 8/22 players were killed in night 1 and the mod is basically a huge troll I don't think anything will.
Well, the only games here that are going to be anything like that are theme games, and will be labelled as bastard mods.
That's a relief. Until the death list, the only hint we had that this was going to be more than a slightly absurd theme game with lots of roles was one guy "joking" that it might be a game in which every player was an SK and an unusually graphic description of the lynch.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:23 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Sn1pe29 wrote:To answer Nacho: I vote him no because I realized not having a vote at all benefits the town in no way. Panda is still my strongest suspicsion and since my vote no longer placed him at L-1 I decided to vote for him.

Tars. The people who I find suspicious... Panda, obviously. Also, you and thil. At the bottom of my last post I gave my reason why. I think Bri is town soley on gut hunch. So panda, tars and thil.
What have I done that makes you think I'm anti-town?
What have the other two done? (In you own words, I can read the fairly solid case against panda in other people's words already.)

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Sn1pe29 wrote:In two of your first two posts you claimed town (15, 41). I find that suspicious that you would do that right away.

Thil seems to be very hesitant and afraid of drawing suspicion, which looks scum to me, although I sort of did the same thing with panda.
I think you mean in two of my early posts, not in my first two posts. You'll find that I explained why that seemed a normal enough thing to do in 27.
It would have been suspicious if I'd claimed a power role at that point, not to claim town-aligned.

I'll keep my vote on you.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

GreyICE wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:
Sn1pe29 wrote:In two of your first two posts you claimed town (15, 41). I find that suspicious that you would do that right away.

Thil seems to be very hesitant and afraid of drawing suspicion, which looks scum to me, although I sort of did the same thing with panda.
I think you mean in two of my early posts, not in my first two posts. You'll find that I explained why that seemed a normal enough thing to do in 27.
It would have been suspicious if I'd claimed a power role at that point, not to claim town-aligned.

I'll keep my vote on you.
In your opinion, would scum claim to be scum aligned?
No, except in the case of trolls using troll armour. But I don't see why saying I'm town is anything other than a null tell suited only to the RVS.

Will not post much over the next couple of days, uni work.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Traveller wrote:Time to re-review past posts and re-evaluate my vote. One thing I don't want to do is put someone at L-1 or cast the lynching vote unless I'm as sure as I can be (given the circumstances). Will need a good reason to switch and all I have seen so far is conjecture. Guess that all we can do - take our best guess. My vote remains with KoH for the time being. However, if I get a bad feeling about someone, I'll change my vote regardless of the circumstances, even if that means I have to be the hangman.

Seems the ideal position for a player is to have some suspicion cast their way (so the Mafaosi won't knock them off that night but keep them as cover), yet not so much as to get lynched. Sn1pe, panda and I are all walking that tightrope, I have cast some suspicion on KoH, and the rest are all "Mafia meat".
Even if you do get a bad feeling about someone could you not hammer them until close to the deadline? You should be able to use the extra time to re-evaluate or strengthen your case.

Also, that's only the ideal place to be if your goal is to personally survive - it should be to make sure that your side wins.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Sn1pe29 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Snipe, could you explain why you think claiming town is scummy?

I believe claiming town that early in the game is scummy becuase it lacks a purpose and does not help the town at all, since scum will also claim town, while making it sound like the poster mainly has his or her own survival as their primary interest in the game.
I believe it is null because it is the only role people would realistically be willing to claim on page 1. I do not follow your train of thought - how would claiming to be town on the first page mean that you just wanted to survive?

Posting to not go inactive while doing coursework.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Herodotus wrote:I see that Grey and I might end up disagreeing on a few things in the course of this game. For instance, I don't personally see questions without follow-up as inherently scummy. It's probably good that we have different approaches. I also hope Grey isn't planning to call it scummy that I'm talking more about panda and Thul but haven't changed my vote from Traveller.

I also need to apologize for jumping in with terminology that some of you might never have seen before. Looking back, at the top of the page, I notice I said "newb-town" and "newb-scum". I was referring to how people play with town and with mafia alignments if they aren't used to the game. It's not uncommon for new players to feel like it's impossible to find scum, although when an experieced player appears to feel that way, it's a sign that they are not on the town's side.

Traveller, I like that you're taking a look at a player who hasn't received much suspicion. But I question whether you're voting her because you think she's mafia, or just to make the votes more rounded.
thil13 wrote:I think it would have been better asking the questions at the same time as the vote instead of just placing the vote and expecting a reaction. I would classify it as null, I don't think it really points to any alignment. I didn't get much out nacho's questions, and I can't say for sure if anyone else did, but perhaps.
One thing I noticed is that Nacho voted and questioned you in the same post. You answered, and Nacho was satisfied and unvoted you. So Nacho's questioning helped him (at least) to get a more pro-town impression of you.
So, I assume your intense questioning of me means you think I'm scum?
I suspect you might be, but you may convince me otherwise.

I'd like to hear from tarsonis, bristep, and Nacho, who haven't posted since I joined the game.
Hi.

Sorry I haven't been posting much over the past few days (when the game finally became active again :) ) I've been readying and submitting projects for my Comp subjects (400 ish lines of code over the past few days plus READMEs etc, and I'm still not entirely sure where and when you would actually want to implement a visitor pattern - but my head hurts a lot more than it did before I started).

I'm afraid I don't have anything much to add at this point in time. I still think Snipe is scummy.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:02 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Traveller wrote:Promised my opinions and reasoning a few posts ago. Here we go:

Leaning toward scum:
-
Nachomamma8
: Likes to challenge the questioning and specific statements of others. A bit aggressive - could definitely be scum.
-
Herodotus
: Experienced and only recently a part of the group. He has taken over King of Heralds role, and I was suspicious of him. KoH was young and aggressive, Hero has the same role but is more experienced and not as likely to tip his hand.

Not Sure:

-
Sn1pe27
: Has asked a lot of questions (not a bad thing in and of itself), but seemed resigned to being lynched in Post 144. I would expect scum not to go down so easily (or maybe his resignation is a red herring?). I'm not ready to cast the lynch vote on him.
-
tarsonisoscelot
: not much to go on. Has been disconnected and has not had much suspicion cast her way until I cast my vote for her. I had hoped to get her to defend herself and give us some insight.
-
GREYIce
: Experienced and thorough in his analysis, but that could be hiding a scummy underside.

Leaning toward town:
-
pandabear
: Even-tempered and inquisitive - wants to keep the game flowing. Nothing I have read suggests scum, but seems like he would have a good poker face.
-
thil13
: Also questioning and even-tempered, though seems not as curious as panda. Also could have a poker face.
-
}|{opa
: Replacing bristep123 but has not posted yet. Since (s)he is taking over bristep's role, I looked as bristep's posts. Seemed like a relatively experienced player whose frustration was growing. I would expect an experienced player to want to be scum (assuming they had more likely been town in the past), so his frustration says to me that he - and subsequently }|{opa - is town.

Definitely town:
-
Traveller
:mrgreen:

My vote failed to draw a response from tarson, and I don't want to have a non-lynch day either. So, I'm recasting my vote to see what happens. It comes down to Nacho or Hero, but my previous vote for KoH (Hero's predecessor) was tinged with OMGUS, a slight emotional reaction to KoH voting for me. So put me down for:

Unvote
Vote: Nachomamma8
I've spent several days coding, and didn't see a need to defend myself from your vote - there was a) no impetus behind it, so no threat that I would be mislynched and b) no specific points to go on I have said all I had to say and not added unnecessary spam.
Currently, you and Hero seem to be quite pro-town. I'm not so sure about bristep123 though, they posted a few things that seemed useful but not that much content. I'll have to look at Nacho's posts again to see if I agree with you there so I'll do that later.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

We've only got a couple of hours and we really should lynch someone. Will one of the nacho people please vote snipe?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

}|{opa was suspicious of Nacho, so if I were mafia trying to pin simething on Nacho I would kill him.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Herodotus wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:We've only got a couple of hours and we really should lynch someone. Will one of the nacho people please vote snipe?
Herodotus wrote:I've already said I would if needed.
Tarson, if Sn1pe votes Nacho, they will both be at L-1. What would you think at that point?
We can mostly assume that Sn1pe would have preferred to lynch Nacho rather than himself, since Sn1 was guaranteed (to himself) to be town, while Nacho might have been scum (as far as Sn1 knew.)
So if Sn1 had posted, he should have voted Nacho.
Which means that they each needed one person to change their mind.
In addition, I had already stated that I would hammer Sn1 if needed. So... why did you make this request?

I'd like the four people who wanted to lynch Sn1 to tell us which of you were most likely to be intentionally mislynching.
At the time, there were four people for lynching sn1pe and only 3 for Nacho. I didn't think about the point that sn1pe hadn't yet voted for a realistic target.
I wasn't intentionally mislynching but so far as i know any of the others could have been.
I need to reread the thread.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Mod: Could you prod Nacho and pandabear please.

I sent PMs out to everyone at the start of the day. I can't prod until tomorrow. (Equinox)

thil13: What are you reads on people now? Yesterday you claimed to be null on everyone, has that changed? If so why and if not why not?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Eh, while I don't have any better ideas of my own might as weel put some pressure on thil13.
VOTE: thil13
I'm null on them at present and would like some more activity.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping, and so I reread the game. I was planning on finishing out those reads, but I think it's more beneficial all around if I just keep them to myself for now. I'll explain why before the day is done. In the meantime...
tarsonisocelot wrote:Eh, while I don't have any better ideas of my own might as weel put some pressure on thil13.
Vote: Tars

Probably not going to lynch you with this vote, I just want you to learn something.

Tars:
Feeling the pressure yet?
No. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to learn from this either.
1 vote is quite different to more than one vote.

I really do want to hear more from thil13. And if I don't I'm not averse to lynching them. My first game ever town lost because they mistook lurking scum for inactive town.

Question regarding roles: Would either or both a mafia roleblocker or a jailkeeper carry a gun?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #27) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Herodotus wrote:
Herodotus wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:Question regarding roles: Would either or both a mafia roleblocker or a jailkeeper carry a gun?
Are you asking this because it relates to this game? Some other ongoing game?
If it's some other game, consider that this is probably against the rules. Very much so.
Okay, I was asking because the list on the wiki was incomplete when I went to check. Didn't realise that asking would be against the rules.
It bears no relevance to this game.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

GreyICE wrote:
@Thil13:
Is there anything you want to do with your vote? Anything you find scummy? Any candidates for lynch? Anyone you find town?

@Tars:
I understand the concept of sheeping people you view as 'better players.' Why me instead of Hero or Nacho?
I actually do find thil13 suspicious. And they still haven't answered the questions I asked them a while back (I asked if they had any reads by now and why they were what they were). Voting for them seemed the logical follow-up.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Herodotus wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:
Herodotus wrote:
Herodotus wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:Question regarding roles: Would either or both a mafia roleblocker or a jailkeeper carry a gun?
Are you asking this because it relates to this game? Some other ongoing game?
If it's some other game, consider that this is probably against the rules. Very much so.
Okay, I was asking because the list on the wiki was incomplete when I went to check. Didn't realise that asking would be against the rules.
It bears no relevance to this game.
:( I was hoping you were claiming to be a cop with a guilty result or you were claiming to be a gunsmith in this game.

The issue of other games is that you're almost always not allowed to talk about (or ask questions about) a game anywhere except in the game thread (unless the mod says otherwise) until the game is over.
I wish I was a cop with a guilty result. or that anyone else was claiming to be one. :(

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:49 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping, and so I reread the game. I was planning on finishing out those reads, but I think it's more beneficial all around if I just keep them to myself for now. I'll explain why before the day is done. In the meantime...
tarsonisocelot wrote:Eh, while I don't have any better ideas of my own might as weel put some pressure on thil13.

Probably not going to lynch you with this vote, I just want you to learn something.

Tars:
It's not much different if pressure isn't applied properly. And interestingly enough, announcing a vote as a pressure vote takes away all of its power. If you want to get a lurker to talk, don't just vote him, try to get him lynched. It has a much higher probably of getting a result.

Pedit:
tarsonisocelot wrote:

Tars:
It's not much different if pressure isn't applied properly. And interestingly enough, announcing a vote as a pressure vote takes away all of its power. If you want to get a lurker to talk, don't just vote him, try to get him lynched. It has a much higher probably of getting a result.

Pedit:
The mother steps forward and so the children follow. The mother must let go in order to see her children find their own direction.
Okay, I get it now.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:12 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

pandabear wrote:

okay after reviewing my FOS I think this^ post is scummy. Plus, tars never followed it up with anything that seemed towny, the whole unrelated post about mafia roles and weak followup reasoning to try and justify the thil13 vote (note: the reasoning came AFTER the vote) just didnt seem right.
vote: tarsonisoscelot
Post#220:
tarsonisocelot wrote:thil13: What are you reads on people now? Yesterday you claimed to be null on everyone, has that changed? If so why and if not why not?
My vote came on Post #228, when I had not yet had my questions answered. That was my reasoning at the time.
It's fairly obvious by now that I could have had better execution, but as I'm learning this is to be expected.

You don't explain why that post is scummy. Please do so.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:47 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

LA until Monday evening/Tuesday morning

Travelling this weekend.

Noted. (Equinox)

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:15 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Herodotus wrote: @Tarson: what do you think of Traveller, and each of his reads? The fact that all you did in post 256 is defend yourself doesn't impress.
@Thil13: In 251, you apologized for not participating, then you continued, in that post, to not participate. :?
If you can say what's causing this -- what the reason is why you aren't naming suspects, stating reasons for those suspicions, naming people you think are town, saying what cases you agree or disagree with -- that might help on its own.
I've been thinking he's town for quite a while but his jokes worry me a bit. They make him appear too cool about being associated with mafia to be anything but vanilla town and I dislike things like that. Re-reading I'm not sure that he is town. His case on KoH was basically non-existent, and he has said a few things that do not make sense for town.
Post #126 and #132 directly contradict each other on how town should be played.
In full:
Traveller wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:
Traveller wrote:Time to re-review past posts and re-evaluate my vote. One thing I don't want to do is put someone at L-1 or cast the lynching vote unless I'm as sure as I can be (given the circumstances). Will need a good reason to switch and all I have seen so far is conjecture. Guess that all we can do - take our best guess. My vote remains with KoH for the time being. However, if I get a bad feeling about someone, I'll change my vote regardless of the circumstances, even if that means I have to be the hangman.

Seems the ideal position for a player is to have some suspicion cast their way (so the Mafaosi won't knock them off that night but keep them as cover), yet not so much as to get lynched. Sn1pe, panda and I are all walking that tightrope, I have cast some suspicion on KoH, and the rest are all "Mafia meat".
Even if you do get a bad feeling about someone could you not hammer them until close to the deadline? You should be able to use the extra time to re-evaluate or strengthen your case.

Also, that's only the ideal place to be if your goal is to personally survive - it should be to make sure that your side wins.
Quite right, taronisoscelot. This is not "Survivor".
His "gut instinct" seems to regard experience as inherently suspicious.

I don't trust his reads. I would want to see more detailed justification rather than a few little bits then a list.

Thil13 keeps my vote for now.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Traveller wrote:That is, unless
I'm
scum. :twisted:
Every so often you make little throwaway 'jokes' like this. It unsettles me and seems quite anti-town.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

thil13 wrote:sorry again guys. Just mafia isn't a big priority.

Hero, I see you asking a lot of questions, but you haven't made a case on anybody. Why is that? Are you not garnering anything from people's answers, or are you just using those questions to make it look like you are scum hunting?
If you aren't even going to try, and are town then play to your win condition and replace out.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:19 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Traveller wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:

Quite right, taronisoscelot. This is not "Survivor".
Looking back at a few much earlier posts.
Traveller: I pretty much let this slip originally, but could you explain why you made the "mafia meat" comment and why you seemed to suddenly change your mind after I challenged that part of your comment?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Herodotus wrote:No comment from the thil wagon on the fact that Nacho is scum? I'm feeling impatient. In fact, I'm ready to end the day right now with a Nacho lynch. No need to drag out what should have happened yesterday and what will definitely result in a scumflip.
Tarsonis is the name of a fictional planet.
I thought it was "Tarson is ocelot"; that you have a pet ocelot named Tarson.
OOC: I wish I had a pet ocelot, but I don't think theyr'e allowed in my college.

I'm not willing to end the day yet, but you made a good case on Nacho. I would prefer a Nacho lynch to a thil lynch because we get more information out of that (same can be said for lynching you though information-wise but I get a town feeling from you).

I'm not entirely sure why you made the counterfactual statement, but it seems to be something I would be more likely to post as town than scum.

I can't really add anything. I'm not as confident as you are that Nacho will be scum but confident enough that his lynch will either hit scum or make scum obvious to support it.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Herodotus wrote:
GreyICE wrote:I'm not happy with you trying to hurry the lynch here.
To the newbies:
Do not let the phrases "hurry the lynch" or "rush the lynch" enter your vocabulary. Never accuse anyone of either of these cliches.
Why not? It obviously benefits scum to shorten the day length, so it would be something to do if you thought you could get away with it.
Someone who "rushes the lynch" in a way that restricts the opportunities for discussion/defense is acting in an anti-town way.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:45 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Hi Glass.
Thanks for joining us.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

GreyICE wrote:
thil13 wrote:Welcome... I don't really like this game, I think I won't be doing anymore newbie games, it's just too monotonous for me.

Everything I said previously stands firm, but I am willing to give Hero a chance and go with his logic. If Nacho flips town, I will be even more suspicious of Hero.

VOTE: Nacho
:?

I pray Nacho flips scum, because I want you dead before LyLo, and somehow I think the scumteam won't do it.
Can we please lynch him today? I'm still trying to figure out the Hero/Nacho stuff but thil13 is scummier than both.

Thil13: Since you don't seem to even want to contribute, the most pro-town thing you could do now is to replace out.

Also, if thil13 is the scum I think he is and not just bad town then this post would suggest that both Nacho and Hero are town.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Glass wrote:Not L-1, hero unvoted.

I'm all for a nacho lynch, but I want to hear some stuff from tars beforehand at least.
I'm claiming VI for most of that on account of at the start of this I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to do, particularly in RVS. I find it hard to read fights between players like Nacho and Hero.

Traveller's jokes have been off-putting, I think Hero described the reasons why best in his ISO#31 - that's the kind of thing I meant by tone.

On the thil13 story, the continual non-answering then answering with a non-answer was a big part of my read on him going from null to suspicious to scum. His posts since then have largely said "I don't care about this game" - is that supposed to make me think town?

I'm trying to be less derailing - trolling and tangents here are much less part of this forum than the one I got linked from forum I got linked to here from so I'm now checking through my posts for relevance before submitting.
If you have any advice on reading fights between experienced players, please share it. Right now they're confusing. Nacho seems the least towniest of Nacho and Hero at present, but not nearly as suspicious as thil13.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

pandabear wrote:lol expert scum hunter ftw

tars, where are thou?
I'm here.

Why did you just change your vote to Nacho?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #43) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

UNVOTE: thil13
Awaiting voided post, going to study for last midsem now.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Herodotus wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:four days before deadline is not the time to bring up an attack on a suspect you haven't mentioned before.
I only joined the game seven days before that deadline...

Speaking of deadlines, I didn't realize until just now that we are getting close to the deadline for day 2.
For all my talk of town having to be aware of deadlines, I missed it too.

I'm a cop with a N1 innocent on tars.
Killing me gives a free confirmed town, so I guess it's not all that bad.
But I want time to post on some non-Hero people and then post on Hero some more, so keep waiting patiently...
Ok, I'm not going to vote Nacho right after this claim.

Why did you investigate me last night?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #45) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Also not a cop.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #46) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Traveller wrote:Just went back and looked at past votes. Seems that, in addition to Herodotus and }|{opa, four of the five remaining players voted to lynch NachoMamma8 at one time or another. Only one of the remaining players has never voted to lynch Nacho: tarsonisoscelot.

In every vote tally, TO voted for me (and, no, this isn't retribution), thil or Grey, or she abstained.

One thing that tempers this revelation a bit is that Nacho once voted to lynch her, but his was the only one against her at the time. Perhaps a red herring.

Damning evidence? Not nearly by itself, but with Panda's observations above, it makes her my #1 suspect.

Don't just use vote tallies for past votes. I did have a vote on Nacho for a while in RVS. See post #27. And I voted sn1pe.
I don't think Nacho's vote on me proves anything positive or negative alignment-wise. It appeared to be there to tell me that I was doing a bad job of putting on pressure rather than anything else.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #47) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

pandabear wrote:lol Grey the suspense really got me there

well it's still town favored, no? We have 2 mislynches.

My #1 suspicion is on Tars. She was the only one reluctant to go Nacho

tarsonisocelot wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
thil13 wrote:Welcome... I don't really like this game, I think I won't be doing anymore newbie games, it's just too monotonous for me.

Everything I said previously stands firm, but I am willing to give Hero a chance and go with his logic. If Nacho flips town, I will be even more suspicious of Hero.

:?

I pray Nacho flips scum, because I want you dead before LyLo, and somehow I think the scumteam won't do it.

Can we please lynch him today? I'm still trying to figure out the Hero/Nacho stuff but thil13 is scummier than both.

Thil13: Since you don't seem to even want to contribute, the most pro-town thing you could do now is to replace out.

Also, if thil13 is the scum I think he is and not just bad town then this post would suggest that both Nacho and Hero are town.

@tars: why did you want to push the thil13 lynch so badly?

I got completely lost in the Hero/Nacho fight and couldn't seem to keep a solid read on either, though it towards the end i'd begun to think Nachoscum was more likely than Hero. thil13 was being lurky and anti-town to the point that replacing out was the only thing they could do to benefit us. When they replaced out I unvoted - it was a pro-town action by them.
The extreme, non-participatory boredom then replacing out seems town but at this point they were just playing a very anti-town way. That post could have been made by scum aiming for a double-mislynch of players in a town vs town fight.

As for thil13, I don't think he's mafia because of this post:

If thil13 was Nacho's partner, he would not have L-1ed Nacho so nonchalantly that day. And this post makes me think he was mostly bored because he was town, not scum.

Grey and Traveller(/Glass) gave townreads from me, and their actions yesterday regarding their votes on Nacho affirmed it.

I stopped thinking thil13 was lurking scum and considered them as possible bored town when they replaced out. I was nervous about lynching Nacho just after they claimed Cop with a verdict I knew to be correct (though I suppose mafia would always know which players are town aligned in this set-up). Then Nacho got lynched and was scum. Will look and see who would make a good buddy for them in a bit.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #48) » Tue May 03, 2011 2:09 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Voidedmafia wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:I stopped thinking thil13 was lurking scum and considered them as possible bored town when they replaced out. I was nervous about lynching Nacho just after they claimed Cop with a verdict I knew to be correct (though I suppose mafia would always know which players are town aligned in this set-up). Then Nacho got lynched and was scum. Will look and see who would make a good buddy for them in a bit.

So, how did you know it was correct again? I do need to finish up my re-read that got cut short cuz of the Nacho lynch, but explain that for me, please?

...Nacho claimed to have an innocent on me. If I didn't know my own alignment I'd be in trouble.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #49) » Tue May 03, 2011 4:30 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

GreyICE wrote:Would Nacho have the sheer balls to claim Cop and clear his scumbuddy with the perfect knowledge that if she ever screwed up badly enough that him and Tarsonis would go down together?

I mean he would absolutely, 100% stake his win on Tarsonis being good enough that no one ever went 'wait if Tarsonis is scum then nacho is scum because...'

The first half of that post is a question, the second half not so much. I'm not quite sure what you are asking/saying. Could you clarify please?

WRT Nacho
My guess is that I was picked for the fakeclaim because I was town that wasn't on his wagon yet and therefore was more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”