Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Panacea »

/Confirm. Nice to see you again, iam. :)
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Panacea »

iamausername wrote:
Panacea wrote:/Confirm. Nice to see you again, iam. :)

Hi!

I forget, have we played a game together, or did I just mod a Newbie game you were in? I remember thinking you were obvtown and not understanding how you got lynched in that one.

Well, you modded my first game, Newbie 863. Looking back now, I think I was obvtown, too, if a little newbish. I think it was the fake doc claim that did me in, though. :lol: Then we played in Newbie 879 together, too. I don't know if I ever apologized for NK'ing you so early, but as I recall, you should take it as a compliment.

So! Can we not start at all until everyone confirms? It's never taken this long in-thread for me.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Panacea »

@ Mod: happy birthday!! :)
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Panacea »

So, seriously, are we allowed to play yet without the other players? It looks like we can discuss and toss around speculations, but we just can't vote? Thanks!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Panacea »

Sweet, we're official now!

Um, I'm pretty sure Substrike was just making a joke about the dayvig. Just sayin'. I also think Whiskers's reaction to it was a bit extreme.

I also don't think Friend is "snuggling up" to Substrike. Friend at the point of this post (#27) had said nothing to or about Substrike. That being said, I think Whiskers's vote
was
OMGUSsy.

I don't like this quote:
Whiskers wrote:...Because I have a vote on me and you won't get blamed for starting the wagon?
This seems too jumpy to me.Or this:
Whiskers wrote:If Scumhunter flips scum, then you can lynch me all you want,
because I'll admit, that would look really scummy.
If he's Town, it threatens his win condition to suggest we lynch the only conftown player he'd know of (himself).

I don't like the way Bobsnox so apologetically removed his vote when Iam called him on it.

Suspects are Whiskers and Bobsnox at the moment, but both are too weak for votes.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Panacea »

@ Friend: Because LTP Mafia and Tovarish have only confirmed, and Monk has only confirmed and complained about the wait time. Too many bad experiences with me getting tangled up with a player early on and scum slipping by.

@Bobsnox: I can see this only because the Limbo pregame thing wasn't really clear. But for the record, though, when you say you "forgot what game this was," do you mean you thought it was another game entirely..?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:45 am

Post by Panacea »

Iam, I think you missed the request. How can you read Whiskers's reaction as Town?

Monk, my suspicion of Bobsnox was so weak that had I voted when I mentioned it, I'd just have unvoted in my next post after he explained himself. I don't tape votes onto Weeble-Wobbles unless it's (apparently-bypassed here) RVS. :P
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Panacea »

Friend wrote:Whiskers, why haven't you voted me yet if you were so insistent on me being scum?

Whiskers wrote: I dunno.
Would you say it had anything to do with the consequences of OMGUS, Whiskers?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Panacea »

I'm not liking Whiskers's play at all, but I've been insta-targeted Town and not liked my play, either.

Whiskers, you're right, most of your posts have been defense, and that doesn't look Townish. What do you think of your wagon? More people are posting- who's yellow-est to you now? Has it changed? Because your analogy supplies that the addition of other players only conceals the initial yellow from the three-color scenario, but doesn't change nature. Okay. So by your logic you should still be pursuing your first col- I mean player.

Furthermore, we have 13 players. Would you really call yourself a "dead mouse," on page 4?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Panacea »

Whiskers wrote:
Panacea wrote:I'm not liking Whiskers's play at all, but I've been insta-targeted Town and not liked my play, either.
First, I've gotta ask what this means.
My last mini (which was also my first mini) saw my worst play ever, because I came in trying to make a joke that made me an instant target. VP Baltar even called me the "lowest-hanging fruit." I think I was at like L-2 by page 2 or something. It was so much pressure so quickly that I played terribly and got my slot lynched. I was Vanilla. I'm definitely not saying you're not scum, but I am taking your erratic play with a grain of salt for that reason at the moment.

Scumhunter wrote:Hi.
Scumhunter, post more than that, please.

Ohh... But I'm catching up on page 5 now, and that whole grain of salt thing is waning.

LTP Mafia wrote:
VOTE WHISKERS.

Whiskers is the only person whos really stood out so far
I'm pretty sure we're out of RVS by now, by the way.

Whiskers wrote:Must have gotten confused with another of my games, where I'm the top lynch candidate.
This is... telling...

Tovarish, did your unvote have anything to do with Friend's preceding post, wherein he mentions thinking there was scum on the Whiskers wagon?

Tovarish wrote:Whiskers: there's many differences between scumhunting, and just being rude. Chiefly, you're doing one of them.
Agreed.

Inactivity in this game is pretty intense.

Bobsnox: 52+ hours since your last post.

Whoa. I started iso-ing everyone to see how long it's been since they've posted. Scumhunter, you have contributed absolutely nothing and we're almost to page 6. Seriously, now, post more.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Panacea »

Sorry I've been so scarce; work has me uncharacteristically occupied. Should be back tomorrow to catch up and repay everyone for my absence.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Panacea »

Ugh. If you all have never had your computers hacked by an obnoxious bitch of a virus (yay, Win 7 Anti-Virus virus!), it sucks so hard core. :?

Anyway, everything is back online, so let me catch up. More to come.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Panacea »

First, I can get behind Iam's town-Whiskers justification back on #143, mainly because my read on him is more panicky-town with scummish twinges than outright scum at the moment. Plus the game he linked us to checks out.

Whiskers wrote:I was about to vote bob.
I want it noted that I don't like that, though... It kind of feels like he's making an effort to convince us that he would have been on a Bobsnox wagon earlier than his actual posting patterns showed.

Scumhunter wrote:bob, what Whiskers said was that they wanted to think about their vote for a few hours before they made it but that they were likely going to be voting for you. How is that akin to claiming scum? Wutttt?!?!?!?
No, I think it's context. It was within minutes of Iam expressing suspicion of Bobsnox. It looks a bit opportunistic to me, as if he saw a wagon arising and tried to say he'd been on it earlier. That's how I took it.

Ooh, and then he drops the Musicninja wagon and hops onto the Bobsnox one not long after that. Sans case, and as the wagon had already gotten a foundation.

Scumhunter wrote:
Whiskers wrote:
Vote: Bobsnox
I'll even call it Omgus.

Tovarish, would a scum so blatantly say that they were OMGusing like this? I think you seem to prefer a logic-based game style here. That is good and I realize that a lot of Whisker's actions could fall into the cookie-cutter mold of scum tells.

However
, I find it hard to believe that Whiskers would be so blatant as to say "I'm omgusing here" as scum. "I know I promised a case but I'm going to draw even more attention to myself by voting and calling it OMGUS!!" The motivation for anyone to do that reads much
much
more as defiant/lazy town than as scum.
This is just WIFOM. I don't think it's enough on which to base any kind of town-Whiskers argument.

Whiskers wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:I also can see how Whisker's votes seem to be for anyone but himself. Not great town play I'll admit but survival instinct is not solely a characteristic of scum necessarily. Townies don't want to be lynched either and I can think of some reasons a town-sided player might act that way.

Actually, Not voting for myself is something new that I'm trying out.
Is that ever
not
a scum action?

Whoa, Bobsnox's abrupt switch to Musicninja when the wagon had some momentum is unsettling.

Town

Tovarish
Substrike
Friend
Scumhunter
Null

LTP Mafia
Iamausername
Noramp
Monk
Scumhunter
Musicninja
Possible Scum

Whiskers
Bobsnox

VOTE: LTP Mafia We are way beyond the point where it is acceptable to have done no work. His only game-post has been to jump the prominent Whiskers wagon without offering any reason. I was pretty much convinced the whole time that he'd been replaced and I couldn't find it in Bub's iso. :P He's prodding him now, though, so we'll see where this goes.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Panacea »

"
Possible
Scum." That vote is for pressure on LTP or his replacement, because his read is stunted. Consider it a needed catalyst. My vote will do more there for now, and there is quite enough time to deadline for me to play thumbscrew.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Panacea »

It's for the replace. We're out the time he's wasted for the slot; something's got to spur the replace.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Panacea »

Sorry about that: I wrote it as I read to map my thought process. I'm still leaning panicky town with scummish proclivities. I think he came in flailing, but is recovering. Just in case, though, I'm still reporting those proclivities. As it stands, I can see the Bobsnox wagon, and there are a few points I like on Musicninja, but my personal project for the next couple of days is to try to dissipate my null list a bit.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Panacea »

Hm. It doesn't look like I did this well... The point of the "Possible Scum," part was a note on who to watch the closest. I'm not convinced that Whiskers is scum, but if he is Town, he's acting hellaciously scummy, and he will slip soon. He's... hard to explain.

Substrike, you're at least 1/3 wrong. And as the voted in your triad there, shouldn't
I
be scummiest?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Panacea »

Sorry, sorry, that was Friend. I rescind, my mistake.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Panacea »

Sorry for the wall..! I'll try to keep these to a minimum! :(

I didn't like that Bobsnox managed to stay invisible until page 3. I am willing to give it a bit of a pass because a lot of that was pre-game, and at the time I wasn't sure we were supposed to be posting, either. While I didn't like the way he came in later and said "I didn't know which game this was," I do believe it was at least genuine: Bobscum could have easily lurked a few pages, come in, said "I wasn't sure if I could post," and that would have been the end of it, I think.

His vote on Whiskers in #160 doesn't feel too horribly off to me: presumably the straw that broke the camel's back for him was Whiskers's "I was going to vote later," statement, which struck me wrong, too.

By this point in the game (around page 8), I wasn't too sold on a Bob lynch. One-liners with this tone are part of his playstyle. However, his leap onto the Musicninja wagon was way too opportunistic for me, and way less supported than I would have preferred.

Huh. I had thought there were a lot more Bob posts than there actually are. My conclusion on Bob is that he would be a better lynch candidate close to deadline than Whiskers. Is there a term for those players who are scummy early on, survive, and preoccupy a lot of attention for a good portion of the game thereafter? The ones that when their role is finally confirmed, when town annoy you because you spent so much time chasing town, and when scum annoy you because they shouldn't have lived so long. If not there should be. At least with Whiskers, I'm fairly confident we could catch him Tomorrow if he's scum.

On Musicninja, his first non-confirm post rubbed me the wrong way. I think someone else mentioned it, too. I don't like how he came in talking about what happened "IF," (suspicious level of emphasis on the "if.") we lynched Whiskers and he flipped Town. I have a habit of making the same sorts of posts when I'm scum trying to get townie points.

I disagreed with his second post, wherein he called Whiskers mafia for trying to stop defending himself with his every post. There is a point where you have to just accept that people aren't going to change their minds on something you did and move on. Whiskers was trying to move the game forward, and it seems to me that Music was not. He also says in that post that he's pretty sure Whiskers is mafia. I don't have any problems with holding a vote, because
typically
you're doing so until you're confident. But if you're already "pretty sure," there should be a vote involved.

Musicninja wrote:For me, it's between bob and whiskers....Can't decide yet
It shouldn't be a decision. You said you were "pretty sure," that Whiskers was mafia. You never said anything like that about Bob.

After this more in-depth read-over, depending upon LTP or his replace, I could go for a Music lynch Today.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Panacea »

Whiskers wrote:TBH I let go of him because
it was making me look bad
to attack him
You're saying you stopped hunting because you were worried about how you were being perceived? :? (Emphasis mine.)

Substrike wrote:Also I consider my vote yesterday a bit of a point as well in terms of contradictory play on Panacea's behalf, although I have admittedly not read her above wall, yet.
I'm sorry, I know, I generally try to keep them at a minimum, but I was catching up. :(
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Panacea »

Thank you for your thoroughness. I like your answer.

As a quick and incredibly irrelevant aside, your avatar and your terms like "silly filly," and "nopony," prompted me to finally investigate where all of the MLP stuff is coming from. 22 minutes later, the cuteness of ep 1 was almost painful. Lol! [/random]
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Panacea »

MARUCHAN!!!!
Long time no see! And lol, a billion apologies for that. Poor Maruchan was my scumbuddy, who put a townie at L-1 as I was signing off, and got to wait with bated breath for nine hours until I got off work last night and noticed my vote was needed to win the game. ^^* I hope you're town; we're good on the same team. :D

Maruchan wrote:Robo's rules make no mention to the post-game

Robo: Can we link the QT so as to show the scum's night-discussion?
I read this and was like,"Wait, did I click the wrong game?" :P

Friend wrote:If you guys want to meta me, this is how I play. I am heavily under the belief that conciseness is pro-town.
For what it's worth, this is true; I remember reading his stance on this like a year ago.

Maruchan wrote:Substrike, can you explain in a DETAILED (longer than 1 sentence, sentences longer than 5 words) post for me why exactly you are voting
Packbat
Second time I thought I'd clicked the wrong game. Stop that! :lol:

Maruchan wrote:Panacea, are you the same alignment as me?
Are you town? I already notice a difference in your posting style, so I'll offer a hesitant "I think so." What do you think of my vote on your slot?

Going to run a quickish meta on Friend at the moment.

Iam: It has been three days since your last post. Thoughts?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Panacea »

Friend, sorry, I don't remember exactly where. I'm fairly sure you said it in a game (though it very well could have been one of the discussion forums. :( ) Have you ever played with RayFrost? I'm a bit of a Ray
stalker
fan, so I probably saw it in one of his games. The statement stuck with me because at the time I read it I was new and constantly hounded for tons of fluff. I'll see if I can track it down on a computer tomorrow.

Mmm. Why now, Bobsnox?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Panacea »

Iam, are you going to elaborate?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Panacea »

That he is the PR, or that the real one doesn't want to fall into a trap.

I might be semi-V/LA until tomorrow afternoon.

For what it's worth, I just got out of a scum game with Maruchan, and his playstyle continues to scream to me that he is Town. Newbie 1122, if anyone's interested. I'd link, but I'm mobile.

Friend, I really will look for that statement. Work ran long and the search feature sucks on an iPhone.

Much more tomorrow.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Panacea »

I would still really like to know why Bob claimed. I understand being at L-2 and knowing he wouldn't be on much the next day. But Bob, did you really think you'd be quick-hammered? I can't get behind Bob as the Cop.

Noramp wrote:I understand why townBob claimed at L-2 even not at L-1 it was obvious that he was the main choice for D1. We could all see the writing on the wal
Actually, a considerable amount of attention was building in favor of a Musicninja lynch, wasn't it?

bobsnox wrote:
Whiskers wrote:However, Bobsnox lynch won't happen today (probably), because he made a bullshit PR claim.
Your logic is poopy. If it's a bad claim I would be lynched. But it's not. So I'm wondering why you're insinuating that it's bad but you're not willing to lynch me. Don't want to mislynch the cop, eh scum?
On this. Is it worth losing a PR this early in a 13-player game for a cc?

Noramp wrote:Scumhunter/Panacea who are you looking at right now? I'm assuming your LTP vote is pure pressure (correct me if I'm wrong)
You're right, at least for me. I was going to take it off, but I see that Scumhunter already has, and I really do want this slot to come in under at least some level of pressure. I might need to consider the possibility that this plan might not happen today. Bobsnox. I'm also getting some weird vibes from Maruchan and Whiskers, which I'll go into later.

Maruchan wrote:I think he is scum, and he is inactive so it becomes even more beneficial to lynch him.
Oh dear... Maruchan, that was our scum defense in 1122, when we got Vader mislynched and we actually
were
like 24 hours from deadline. :?

Iamausername wrote:well this is tiresome.
I'm sorry to keep nagging you, Iam. But after Maruchan, I have the most experience with you, and I know that you play a really good town game. You had me scared in our game together. Please try to contribute more?

OH! On Whiskers's reverse-OMGUS thing a while back:
@Whiskers and Maruchan (separately): If you are town, you need to seriously consider that the other is scum. There is definitely buddying going on here. Reading over your posts, you're both too entwined. If you're not scumbuddies, one of you is town. I suppose it's possible that you're both town, but I've never seen that. This is the scum-tactic that has screwed me in town roles every single time: scum wins by manipulating you and gaining allies. Telling you you're town to them, defending you from suspicion, are effective ways to do that.

Jeeze! I went to submit this and caught like fifteen posts that would've ninja'd me!

Whiskers wrote:A Town-aligned player wouldn't lurk, wouldn't leave
Actually, isn't it accepted that most players who abandon are Vanilla, because they enjoy their roles less?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Panacea »

Friend, I'm on your scum lost, but I can't find your case. Could you either link me or post it so I can respond, or is it gut?

Also, I don't think it's a great idea to give us your scum list, then tell us to pick only someone from that list. On the bright side, if you flip scum, that list will probably ne revealing. Ever the optimist. :P

I agree with sexy Tovarish on his #435.

If there's no LTP replace by tomorrow night, I'm moving my vote. Though to be honest, it'll likely end up back on the replacee unless I'm sold on anyone first.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by Panacea »

Um... Oh, boy. This is going to sound moronic, but Bobsnox, to what are you answering "yep"? I've just iso'd myself and found like three questions to which you could be responding. If you were trying to be subtle, I apologize for missing it. :oops:
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Panacea »

First off, thanks for the mayor votes. ;)

Second, thank you guys for making this game enjoyable. Aggression is present but not too much so, and in good fun, while humor is in abundance. My last mini was horrible. I'll go into more post-game.

Bobsnox, you need to post. Just because you have over hualf the town convinced that you're a PR, doesn't mean you get to skate.

You claimed in #278.

#314: "Wow, I must have been really scummy for anyone to still be doubting my towni-ness after I claimed. Huh. Substrike is after Whiskers and Musicninja is still alive." Helpful.

#346: "Whiskers has bad logic. No one is counterclaiming, so I must be town and you're scum for disagreeing."

#448:Votes Whiskers and insinuates that he'll investigate him tonight.
Bobsnox wrote:It's time for a lynching. I know who I'm investigating tonight if I live/don't get roleblocked, etc.
It's weird that this is done in the same sentence. A vote implies that you want him lynched. As in dead tonight. As in un-investigatable(it's a word for right now! :P)

Suspicion flew off of Bob after his claim. It worked too beautifully. A few of you are saying that you think he's the cop because of the timing of his claim. I think that while that makes sense, his actual content has done nothing to demonstrate a townie pm, much less one who is supposedly confirmed town. I think his claim worked to get him away from the noose, and it worked too well.

UNVOTE: LTP Mafia
VOTE: Bobsnox

Aaaand, here we go.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Panacea »

Oh. My main problem with him is how well he got out of suspicion.

Okay.

Deadline was removed from the thread title when the number changed, and I can't find it in the votecount.

Mod: Did I miss a deadline extension? And are we 1208, or 1211? Thanks!!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Panacea »

Thanks, Maruchan! So, it's Musicninja or Maruchan. I want to see something first.

Regardless, Bobsnox absolutely needs to post more.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Panacea »

Bobsnox wrote: That's extremely antitown to push to lynch a claimed, non-CCed cop on day one. Just think about what you're suggesting...
That's what I wanted to see.

Except for the lynch-an-inactive-player-because-of-deadline thing and potential tells regarding Whiskers, Maruchan is definitely still posting in a townie manner to me. That is to say his posting style does not fit the bill of that of my former scumbuddy.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Panacea »

His reaction to my vote and negative attention.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Panacea »

Maruchan wrote:Can we still be buddiez wiffout da scum part?
Absolutely! :D

Scumhunter wrote:And what do you make of his reaction?
It solidified my lack of faith in the validity of his claim. Look:
Bobsnox wrote:That's extremely antitown to push to lynch a claimed, non-CCed cop on day one.
Just think about what you're suggesting...
I don't like the italicized.
"Gee, that's scummy...
Yep. Scummy."
He's hinting at what I'm saying being antitown or something, but not
doing anything
about it. It looks to me more like he's trying to get someone else to make a move, without actually doing anything himself. Why? He's trying to stay out of the limelight again. Methinks he knows you can only play the "Don't lynch me, I'm a power-role!" card once.

Friend is going to Cabo, fun stuff! Have a good time!

Welcome Hikari Link! Whoa, you're a verbose player, aren't you? Friend will have a field day with this. :lol: That being said, I'm glad someone else sees my points on Bobsnox.

I also agree with your assessment of Iamausername. His style reminds me of the town-Iam I played with. Albeit town-Iam of like a year ago.

Hikari Link wrote:What I find particularly interesting is that he is in no other games right now, yet is not posting here, even though he's been online just the other day to celebrate the town vctory in the game we were in together.
But Maruchan says later that he's flaked. So he's posting here on MS, just not any games?

Hikari Link wrote:Well you certainly do use your vote sparingly, don't you?
I do, yeah. I've been told. :oops:

Hikari Link wrote:Still, I could definitely stand to see more of you. You question a lot of people's moves in a good way, but lack of activity and lack of general pressure certainly aren't helping. Having a vote on someone isn't a great deal of pressure isn't a great way to put pressure on people when wagons are forming all around.
Yes, you're right. I'm really sorry. I took a bunch of extra hours at work these past two weeks since I move into my apartment next week and get to start paying university tuition again. Work calms tomorrow, though, so I should have more availability (with the exception of Wed. when I move. :( ). I hate excuses, I'm really sorry. I'll do better soon.

Maruchan wrote:she recently got the Win7 Antivirus Virus on her computer and was having trouble getting it fixed
Oh, no, I got that fixed a few days ago. Thank you, though! Now my registry is repaired and locked up tighter than Fort Knox! :)
Horrible
virus, though. What's "QFT"?

@Substrike: A lot of my town-ish feel on Whiskers comes from the fact that I think he's probably just one of those reckless players, because a lot of his actions fit the "too scummy to be scummy," box. You definitely don't see this as a possibility?

Hikari Link wrote:And since you are (apparently) a PR, I can imagine why you'd want to not get yourself lynched.
That's the second time you've mentioned this, when we were lucky enough that no one appeared to mention it when it actually happened. I don't feel that this is good town play.

Hikari Link wrote:First off, are you a fucking dude or a chick? Because that question has been nagging at me this entire time.

Maruchan wrote:Whiskers are you a chick or a dude? O.o

As it happens, I've read Whiskers as male. The point, though, is that his gender is irrelevant to Whiskers's play-- correct, Whiskers? On the subject, though, Whiskers, would you prefer "his/her, he/she, him/her," or does it matter? When I played with Furry, Furry didn't mind, and I just used Furry's name as much as possible so gender never came into play.

Iamausername wrote:"I'm not convinced that Whiskers is scum, but if he is Town, he's acting hellaciously scummy, and he will slip soon."

This makes very little sense for a town player to say. If we trim some of the fat, we see "If he is Town, he will slip soon." That sounds more like "I am waiting for him to make a big enough mistake to justify joining his wagon" than any genuine attempt to discern his alignment.
Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. "I'm not convinced that Whiskers is scum, but if he is Town, he's acting hellaciously scummy, and he will slip soon." == "If Whiskers is Town, Whiskers is acting hellaciously scummy. End thought. If he's scum, he will slip soon." Meaning I think if he is scum, he'll be scum we can catch later. Whiskers's general activity and aggressiveness would betray Whiskers.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Panacea »

Whiskers wrote:I think we're all pretty pro Link.

Which in my mind is not necessarily a good thing.

Link, Iam, and Scumhunter seem to be consensus town-listed with each other and most of the other players. Iwouldn't be surprised if at least one of them is hiding a scum pm. If so, they'll be the scum caught later, if at all, so keep an eye out. :igmeou:
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Panacea »

Let me add that my town feel for Iam still stands for the reasons I listed, but again, this was a year ago. I still don't have enough from Link's slot, despite the wall, but of the three right now I think it's the scummiest.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Panacea »

Whiskers wrote:It's the scummiest, but give him the week and I bet he'll win you over, or that you're scum.

Considering that every player who "wins me over," including Maruchan in our last game has the fascinatingly consistent proclivity for flipping scum, I'll let you know. :lol:

Why would Friend be NK'd, in your opinion? He has at least faced a modicum of suspicion.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Panacea »

Maruchan wrote:no problem Link, we all have wacky sleep schedules. :P

None is wacky as yours. :P
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Panacea »

As a rule, I do not like when players explicitly invite Night protection upon themselves. That could change, though, if we had a weak doctor in the game. Obviously. ;) So, if Today were Softclaim Day (which it seems to be), this would be my declination to celebrate as of yet. One of you's is lying. That is all.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Panacea »

And any clever scum would do the same.

Though your vote is on Bobsnox. If he swings and flips cop, you're confirmed scum... That being said... :? One of you has to die Today.

My vote is already on Bobsnox, right? Oh, good. Carry on.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Panacea »

I apologize for my ignorance (this is my first actual non-Newbie), but how could he flip cop and you still be cop? I mean, which roles would produce that outcome?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Panacea »

Please don't answer of that gives away too much.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Panacea »

Wow... Okay, wow. Huh. I should read more mini normal games. I'll admit, I haunt completed Newbies for their entertainment value. :P

Bobsnox: What do
you
think of Link's counter-claim?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Panacea »

Hm. For some reason when I read your last post, Link, your voice in my head was that of Maximillion Pegasus from the old Yu-Gi-Oh episodes.

Maruchan, I totally missed that earlier! Yes, that was pretty unbelievably epic. :lol:
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Panacea »

Oh. Ninja'd. Your LAST last post, then. :P
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Panacea »

Hikari Link wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:Speed lynching = only bad things can happen. We should wait for Substrike to post before the lynch.

I mean just think what if he was the doctor who saved Link, that would be a disaster.
Could happen, I guess.

There is a 10 -11% chance depending upon the number of scum in this game, and upon whether you were saved by a doctor at all.

Sorry, guys, but V/LA from now until either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.
I'm moving into my apartment halfway across the state all tomorrow, and packing and unpacking might interfere. I'll try to post if I can. :)

Noted.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by Panacea »

... Oh my goodness. I go away for two days, and everyone gets chatty! Given Yesterday, I didn't expect to come back to this much, lol!

Whiskers wrote:Besides, we all laredy think link is town, if he flipped town it would give us no new information. Link was really the Nightkill of choice. Attractive, insightful, charismatic, and a cop to boot. There was no better kill.
Iamausername wrote:The fact that Link is alive to share this with us probably means either doc protection, or, better yet, town blocker blocking the scum kill.
Personally, I think that if scum-Link could have gambled that there might not be a cop in this game. With no counter, it would have been a great Night move to submit a No-Kill and solidify that building confidence in his towniness. Sorry, but something about Link makes me nervous. At this point it's only gut, but the Link/Bobsnox interactions at the end of the Day felt kind of bussy to me. No, I'm not saying we should lynch an undisputed PR, but I am definitely saying that we should keep a very close eye on him.

Cool stuff with the Tracker thing! Now,
this
is a claim I can finally believe! Wow, this is some intense mechanics discussion here. :D

Whiskers wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:
Whiskers wrote:FOR EMPHASIS, So it doesn't get lost:

Doc protects Maruchan, Maruchan jailkeeps Hikari Link. Works the same way as Hikari Link's plan, but risks getting himself killed rather than killing Maruchan.
I'm confirmed Cop, so this idea is bad.

WTF. Confirmed by whom?

YES. +1 for Whiskers.

xvart wrote:makes a comment about Whisker's reaction to the fake dayvig pre game being extreme, but no commentary on it being scummy or townie; plus no commentary on the discussion about the other people reacting to Whiskers; just a simple nod to acknowledge the conversation without weighing in.
We've already established the general confusion of pregame, but okay, then.

Xvart wrote:Later
he
she
talks about Whiskers vs. bobsnox being scum

Xvart wrote:This is very telling because
he
she
admitted that regardless of whatever bobsnox would have said
he
she
would have unvoted; so
his
her
suspicion (although pseudo labeled as RVS) was fake to begin with. How do you know you would have unvoted bobsnox after his response?
Because I was speaking in past-tense, after his explanation was offered. So after reading his explanation
which had been given at the time of that statement
, I can anticipate that I would have removed the vote. It wasn't "regardless of what he
would have
said," but in light of what he had. And my suspicion was never labelled RVS of any form. This is a very bad case.

Xvart wrote:Typically, replacements into zero post spots understand the necessity of contribution and if not, is one vote really going to do much?
Clearly, I am under the impression that it would. -.-

Xvart wrote:
he
she
likes Whiskers answer even though the answer further justifies the suspicion.
In your opinion, perhaps. Emphasis on "opinion."

Every single "case" in Xvart's #804 is forced and flimsy. It does not feel like town scumhunting. It feels like balls-to-the-wall scum needing distractions.

Iamausername wrote:Maruchan should flip a coin to decide whether he targets you or not.
Agreed.

Monk wrote:From this list these peeps have decided to fly under the radar today:
Panacea, Tovarish, Friend
Panacea wrote:
Sorry, guys, but V/LA from now until either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.
I'm moving into my apartment halfway across the state all tomorrow, and packing and unpacking might interfere. I'll try to post if I can. :)

:right:
Noted.

Scumhunter wrote:I don't think we should discuss this too much further today. Could lead to role-fishing/outting due to reactions either intentionally or unintentionally.
I agree. I've just read all of it over the past hour and a half, and I definitely feel that Scumhunter is correct. I feel like we've tossed our secret weapons onto the table too early as it is.

Xvart, you point a lot of fingers in your 804. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you actually have a vote out on anyone? Or rather, did you at the time of that post?

Waiting for a more current votecount, since there was a little trouble with the last one.

Sorry for the wall. Goodnight, y'all!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Panacea »

It's 1:38 in the morning; I was going to bed. Do you have questions for me?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Panacea »

I'll be glad to answer any you think of in the next available daylight hours. :P I don't think so, no, to continue what I was saying earlier. I would like to keep just one trick up our sleeves, if we still have even that. I've never played in a game where everyone was so eager to claim so quickly. PR's are supposed to stay hidden for as long as possible, especially in a game with more players (which equals more nights and more potential night actions). In my opinion, at least.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Panacea »

Friend, you have been leaning on me as scum for a lot of this game, which is fine, except I've yet to see an actual case. I've asked you before to give me something more than gut to work with, and have received nothing. Sorry, I don't mean to be mean, but I dislike the gut "case" as a rule, and grow ever more suspicious of it the longer it stays just gut and acquires no evidence. You're focusing on Town, and you're not giving me a way to show you that. Also, the way you hopped onto Iamausername's suspicion so quickly strikes me as scummy. I'm interested to see how you respond to being called on it.

Maruchan's demise is not super surprising, though regrettable. He was my towniest read, and he also kept the game moving.

Whiskers, I apologize for revisiting an old topic, but Yesterday (or maybe it was D1? So much Night lately, lol) I mentioned that I felt that the relationship between you and Maruchan was suspect, and the possibility that one of you was scum buddying the other. Well. Now Maruchan is conftown. Am I right to be suspicious of you in that respect?

@Iamausername: This might be a dumb question, but is there a specific order to your list in #921? I'm assuming so, since I was at the top of your scum list and you voted me in the same post, but then your next vote is on noramp, bypassing Scumhunter and Substrike.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (isolation #50) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Panacea »

Bah! Guys, I was so excited to try a funny claim for this game..! Why the quicklynch? :( Oh, well. Go, Town! Stay active!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (isolation #51) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Panacea »

Dang! I definitely didn't expect Friend to be scum. Nice job!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (isolation #52) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Panacea »

Maruchan, I am most proud of townlisting you. :D You're. Tricky one.

I had decided that if scum wasn't Link, it was Whiskers, and I was going to be SO mad that everyone backed off him D1, lol!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”