RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:10 am

Post by RandomActs »

neongrey wrote:I can appreciate that, Random, though it's hardly enough for a condemnation of all lurker-pressuring. (if nothing else, wth could someone claim in this game? "Oh, I'm scu... TOWN! TOWN!" :P ) Not that I think you were doing that, I just think it needs to be kept in mind.
My post was not meant as a condemnation of the anti-lurkers, only an explanation of why I'm not joining a bandwagon based on lurking alone. The arguments are not that persuasive to me.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Post by Fritzler »

TheCesspit wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote: TSAGod didn't vote you for the same reason you voted MoS
He voted you because you said you needed to show pro-town behavior.
He just said he was voting you to show pro-town behavior too to mock you.
It has been later explained by TSAGod himself, Fuldu and Twomz and your insistence in not understand (points to bold part of the quote) is even more suspicious than your initial post. Looks like your are trying to discard his theory by explaining why the joke is wrong. Not the real vote.

vote: TheCesspit
So a second person whose been pretty quiet comes out and votes for me.

I feel well and truly mocked now.
would you rather he didn't post?
Surfs up dude.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by Twomz »

I think that's what he's implying... maybe we should bandwagon him?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:32 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

Fritzler wrote:
TheCesspit wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote: TSAGod didn't vote you for the same reason you voted MoS
He voted you because you said you needed to show pro-town behavior.
He just said he was voting you to show pro-town behavior too to mock you.
It has been later explained by TSAGod himself, Fuldu and Twomz and your insistence in not understand (points to bold part of the quote) is even more suspicious than your initial post. Looks like your are trying to discard his theory by explaining why the joke is wrong. Not the real vote.

vote: TheCesspit
So a second person whose been pretty quiet comes out and votes for me.

I feel well and truly mocked now.
would you rather he didn't post?
Not at all. Not at all. Just stating that two people have come out and slapped what they view bad play/behaviour and mentioend little else.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:46 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mr. Flay wrote:Errr, without obviating any of my prior suspicions or delivering that promised analysis just yet,
Vote: Mastermind of Sin
. Without a power role, someone who doesn't talk is less than useless, they're actually hindering the game. So either you're scum, or you're dead weight.

And yes, I've gotten on you about this before (ever since Guitarists, I think), but it applies even moreso in this game because you can't possibly have the "I was protecting my copness" defense. Post or Perish.
actually, both my posts contributed to the game, since I was able to get discussion going instead of people just random voting and speculating on who was recruited, which, imo, is a pointless discussion.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:47 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah....MoS has now posted twice, but still hasn't offered any kind of analysis, or suggestions, or any real content. If you're "back from spring break" or whatever now, MOS, I'll give you a day or two to catch up, but if you haven't started posting a lot more then you have so far this game, and started posting some real content, I'll be glad to join the bandwagon on you and push for your lynch, especally as the other two people I considered to be lurkers, Dead Rikimaru and creampuff, have started to post a little more now.
spring break ends a week from yesterday. also, see my previous post.
Permanent V/LA.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:13 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Errr, without obviating any of my prior suspicions or delivering that promised analysis just yet,
. Without a power role, someone who doesn't talk is less than useless, they're actually hindering the game. So either you're scum, or you're dead weight.

And yes, I've gotten on you about this before (ever since Guitarists, I think), but it applies even moreso in this game because you can't possibly have the "I was protecting my copness" defense. Post or Perish.
actually, both my posts contributed to the game, since I was able to get discussion going instead of people just random voting and speculating on who was recruited, which, imo, is a pointless discussion.
That's excellent. I can assume we'll be seeing you start every game from now on by claiming to be scum, since that's certain to spark conversation.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:49 am

Post by Twomz »

Like Dusk_ used to do on News... (he was always mafia...)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:07 am

Post by neongrey »

RandomActs wrote:My post was not meant as a condemnation of the anti-lurkers, only an explanation of why I'm not joining a bandwagon based on lurking alone. The arguments are not that persuasive to me.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, that I get that, though that probably wasn't too clear.

I just -wish- my post notification would work for this game...
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:44 am

Fuldu wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:

That's excellent. I can assume we'll be seeing you start every game from now on by claiming to be scum, since that's certain to spark conversation.
you only wish I had claimed to be scum. Since the game had gotten through the first few pages before I realized it had started, I designed my first post purposefully, in order for people to catch it and start some real discussion.
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:21 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:spring break ends a week from yesterday. also, see my previous post.
So wait, are you saying that during spring break you can post MORE, or post LESS?

Sorry, I am coming back to do more analysis, but work is kicking my ass right now - boss has been out of the office for a week. :x
Retired as of October 2014.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:24 am

Post by Fritzler »

Mr. Flay wrote:Sorry, I am coming back to do more analysis, but work is kicking my ass right now - boss has been out of the office for a week. :x
I thought that meant less work...

where do you work?
Surfs up dude.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:07 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

Mastermind Of Sin- 6 (LoudMouthLee, JamesSparrow, Twomz, Fritzler, tidus_of_zanarkand, Mr. Flay)
TheCesspit- 2 (TSAGod, Dead Rikimaru)
DrippingGoofball- 1 (Fuldu)
RandomActs- 1 (Thoth)
Fuldu- 1 (broomhead)
tidus_of_zanarkand- 1 (HezLucky)
HezLucky- 1 (DrippingGoofball)

Not voting (
8): creampuffeater, logicticus, Mastermind of Sin, Mini Neo, neongrey, RandomActs, TheCesspit, Yosarian2

11 to lynch.
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:10 am

Post by creampuffeater »

I am really sorry guys, but I now have a bad fevor and thinking hard about mafia makes my head hurt. I am getting better so if I dont post again today I will post tomarrow. Again I am really sorry.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

MOS: If you're not going to lurk, could you perhaps comment on some things that have happened so far in this game and actually help us find scum?

So far, we've:

Had a discussion on who might be most likely to be recruited night one

Had a mid-sized bandwagon on DG that died down

Had a bandwagon on tidus

And a few other people were voted for different reasons.

Could you perhaps comment on at least some of those things, let us know what you think about the tidus and/or DG, or tell us who you think looks scummy, or disagree with someone, or something? I mean, you are posting more now, but you still haven't done anything that looks even remotly like an attempt to figure out who the scum might or might not be.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:49 pm

Post by Fritzler »

yea, post nothing but content like me MoS
Surfs up dude.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by Twomz »

Or you could purposefully act scummy (1 for 1) in order to generate conversation (1 for 2) like me. Of course, this greatly increases the probability that you'll be lynched... but, eh. We're all vanilla townies here. So it shouldn't matter.
tidus_of_zanarkand
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by tidus_of_zanarkand »

We had a discussion of who might be recruited as scum until it became to WIFOM to be of any use. Some players discouraged further discussion. I think we would have a hard time figuring out who the most likely recruit would be since different people go by different recruiting plans.

That led to a bandwagon on DrippingGoofball where he implicated himself and semi-cleared Fritzler. Almost everyone has jumped of that wagon since then.

Some people claim suspicion of tidus_of_zanarkand. HezLucky uses bad logic to try and prove my guilt. Yosarian2 states a bandwagon on myself when I have only had one vote the entire game.

LoudMouthLee stated a new bandwagon to pressure MastermindofSin. Many people jump on rapidly. MastermindofSin contributes nothing to the conversation other than saying he was acting scummy to raise conversation.

My scum List: MastermindofSin, LoudMouthLee, HezLucky

Right now I think MastermindofSin isn't saying anything because he knows he's been caught and is trying to wait the town out. The alternative is he is town and isn't contributing in any useful way and got called on it.

I'll stay voting MastermindofSin for right now until someone convinces me otherwise.
EDIT (Jan 18, 2009) - I am no longer using this account. I have made a new one under the name Dr Pepper. I barely remembered enough to access this account. I will not be using this one anymore.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by Twomz »

Tidus wrote:I'll stay voting MastermindofSin for right now until someone convinces me otherwise.
You know... if we kill MoS, you're next on the list Tidus...
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:44 pm

Post by HezLucky »

HezLucky uses excellent logic.

You're just jealous because I caught you so easily and so early.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:20 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:you only wish I had claimed to be scum. Since the game had gotten through the first few pages before I realized it had started, I designed my first post purposefully, in order for people to catch it and start some real discussion.
I think MoS is too clever by a half. Reasoning in retrospect has its advantages, I guess.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:42 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

RandomActs wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:you only wish I had claimed to be scum. Since the game had gotten through the first few pages before I realized it had started, I designed my first post purposefully, in order for people to catch it and start some real discussion.
I think MoS is too clever by a half. Reasoning in retrospect has its advantages, I guess.
The problem is... MoS hasn't given me a single solitary reason to unvote him.

I have a problem with "Joke" posts... as they generally come from scum.

Fritzler, What number was the LML vs. Turbovolver mini?

I said in that game, joke posts come from scum, and i still feel the same way now.

Vote's not moving.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:45 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

tidus_of_zanarkand wrote:We had a discussion of who might be recruited as scum until it became to WIFOM to be of any use. Some players discouraged further discussion. I think we would have a hard time figuring out who the most likely recruit would be since different people go by different recruiting plans.

That led to a bandwagon on DrippingGoofball where he implicated himself and semi-cleared Fritzler. Almost everyone has jumped of that wagon since then.

Some people claim suspicion of tidus_of_zanarkand. HezLucky uses bad logic to try and prove my guilt. Yosarian2 states a bandwagon on myself when I have only had one vote the entire game.

LoudMouthLee stated a new bandwagon to pressure MastermindofSin. Many people jump on rapidly. MastermindofSin contributes nothing to the conversation other than saying he was acting scummy to raise conversation.

My scum List: MastermindofSin, LoudMouthLee, HezLucky

Right now I think MastermindofSin isn't saying anything because he knows he's been caught and is trying to wait the town out. The alternative is he is town and isn't contributing in any useful way and got called on it.

I'll stay voting MastermindofSin for right now until someone convinces me otherwise.
Wow, your logic is faulty.

You're on the SAME BANDWAGON that I started! If you think I'm scummy, why join by bandwagon on MoS? You make very little mention of me, yet point a finger at me for you scum list, whereas you catch Yosarian2 in a bigger "spot" (I believe, as of now, his wording is just wrong, but if you're scum...) and you made NO MENTION OF HIM.

Right now, MoS being guilty or not, I want to lynch you tomorrow.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

tidus_of_zanarkand wrote: Some people claim suspicion of tidus_of_zanarkand. HezLucky uses bad logic to try and prove my guilt. Yosarian2 states a bandwagon on myself when I have only had one vote the entire game.
Ok, that's true. I guess it wasn't really a bandwagon. There were several other people who said they were suspicious of you, however.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get MoS to comment on SOMETHING. If he doesn't, I will have to vote him.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:28 am

Post by TheCesspit »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
RandomActs wrote:
The problem is... MoS hasn't given me a single solitary reason to unvote him.

I have a problem with "Joke" posts... as they generally come from scum.

Fritzler, What number was the LML vs. Turbovolver mini?

I said in that game, joke posts come from scum, and i still feel the same way now.

Vote's not moving.
nOOB 193, if it's the one I'm thinking off, that I acted hastily in and got you lynched Day 1. Hence my previous reticence of over-committing early.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”