Post Apocalyptic Mafia - Mini 1226: Over!

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Wraith »

So are we fo-sho massclaiming or no?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Magua »

Oh, Regfan wants a massclaim.

How
un
expected.

xvart wrote:Do you want to flash lynch him today?

I noticed many of your points against Wraith were on the scummy side, but you never actually outright called him scummy. So I was curious. If we're going to lynch today, I'd much rather lynch you than him, so I'm not even sure where you'd get that I'm looking to flash lynch him.

Who else do you think is scum?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Wraith »

Hmmm...

I did some ISO reading on several different players and found some interesting things.

@Magua: Your predecessor had a strong townread on Gaoth but never really explained why. You replaced in and kept that townread on Gaoth and have never really explained it. Can you elaborate on awhy you believe Gaoth is town?

@xvart: Why do you think everyone believes you to be scum?

@Magua AND xvart: Both of you have held strong scumreads on Regfan for just about your entire time playing, yet neither of you have ever voted him. Can you elaborate as to why that is?

@Nico: Are you ever going to come back and be productive? Your ISO is pretty much alternating between "Guys I'm V/LA" and "I think the most popular wagon is scum. Vote: Most Popular Wagon"
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Wraith »

I want these questions answered, maybe I'll discuss those answers if required, and then I'd like to No Lynch.
Show

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Magua »

In post 527, Wraith wrote:@Magua: Your predecessor had a strong townread on Gaoth but never really explained why. You replaced in and kept that townread on Gaoth and have never really explained it. Can you elaborate on awhy you believe Gaoth is town?

Sarcastic answer: His role PM.

Nonsarcastic answer: No.

@Magua AND xvart: Both of you have held strong scumreads on Regfan for just about your entire time playing, yet neither of you have ever voted him. Can you elaborate as to why that is?

The mod told me I only have one vote. I complained bitterly about this, but Slaxx refuses to budge.

Counterquestions: Do *you* think xvart is scum? Do *you* think Gaoth is town?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Wraith »

I'm going to keep my reads to myself for the rest of the day. Hopefully it'll reduce the WIFOM from the nightkill.
Show

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Magua »

In post 530, Wraith wrote:I'm going to keep my reads to myself for the rest of the day. Hopefully it'll reduce the WIFOM from the nightkill.

Why are your reads more important than anyone else's?

Should everyone else keep their reads to themselves?

If so, why are you not pushing people to?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 531, Magua wrote:
In post 530, Wraith wrote:I'm going to keep my reads to myself for the rest of the day. Hopefully it'll reduce the WIFOM from the nightkill.

Why are your reads more important than anyone else's?

Should everyone else keep their reads to themselves?

If so, why are you not pushing people to?

Because I'm going to live through this night. It's logical for the scum to keep me alive, and if they decide to call me on this and kill me anyways then that's their loss. So what I'm going to do for the rest of this day is attempt to reduce the amount of WIFOM I have to chug through tomorrow during LyLo.
Show

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Magua »

In post 532, Wraith wrote:Because I'm going to live through this night. It's logical for the scum to keep me alive, and if they decide to call me on this and kill me anyways then that's their loss. So what I'm going to do for the rest of this day is attempt to reduce the amount of WIFOM I have to chug through tomorrow during LyLo.

So, for you, good town play is not telling anyone who you think the scum are?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 533, Magua wrote:
In post 532, Wraith wrote:Because I'm going to live through this night. It's logical for the scum to keep me alive, and if they decide to call me on this and kill me anyways then that's their loss. So what I'm going to do for the rest of this day is attempt to reduce the amount of WIFOM I have to chug through tomorrow during LyLo.

So, for you, good town play is not telling anyone who you think the scum are?

I'll tell people tomorrow. For now:

Vote: No Lynch
Show

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Magua »

In post 534, Wraith wrote:I'll tell people tomorrow. For now:

Vote: No Lynch

Do you think xvart should claim today?

Do you think you should claim today?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Wraith »

Nope, massclaim should be tomorrow.
Show

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:34 am

Post by xvart »

In post 523, Regfan wrote:Xvart, you weren't the only one interested in the Palis answers to the questions nor were you the only person who directed questions towards him. If he was continuously avoiding responding to your questions how would that want you to speed-lynch his guilty
rather than draw out the day and potentially lynch Palisaide instead
, it makes no logical sense whatsoever and I've read through a few of your previous games to see that you're not derp-illogical town.
Yes, it also makes no logical sense for you to be trying to argue my scumminess based on not lynching Palisade. All day yesterday I was advocating for the Palisade lynch. ALL DAY. Everyone said "no no no no, we need to test his claim." What happens? We get a "guilty" result on someone and now I'm catching shit because we lynched the guilty result instead of now discussing lynching Palisade? Why in the world would you have actually even considered lynching Palisade when you said yesterday we needed to test the claim, meaning you wanted to see if he got a guilty?

And yes, I admit I was hasty in hammering but I wasn't expecting what happened because they both were scum together in my opinion. The thread was being derailed with LOLnonsense posting and I couldn't stand it and watch the wagon fall apart. I didn't consider that Palisade might be a third party lyncher and I fully anticipated AV flipping scum. You said you've read some of my games. From your meta sample do you think that I, as scum, would full court press a claimed cop?

And I'm not ready to start claiming but I do want to know why we are mass claiming because you said so and your thought process in determining that that is the best course of action. Especially if you are the one "that is dying tonight"?

In post 526, Magua wrote:I noticed many of your points against Wraith were on the scummy side, but you never actually outright called him scummy. So I was curious. If we're going to lynch today, I'd much rather lynch you than him, so I'm not even sure where you'd get that I'm looking to flash lynch him.

Who else do you think is scum?

I had a neutral read of him most of the last two days, or at least insignificant enough compared to Palisade and AV. His post today have been pretty scummy and I think he is likely scum but I still need to go back and see some interactions the previous two days. I was fishing a response from you because while I don't find very pointed questions to a very specific set of people scummy necessarily, there can be subtle manipulation and I was seeing if that is what you were doing. Silently weighing out possible wagons without committing.

In post 527, Wraith wrote:@xvart: Why do you think everyone believes you to be scum?
Where did I say I thought everyone believed me to be scum? Regardless, I don't know if you recall or not but there was a decent wagon on me yesterday...

In post 527, Wraith wrote:@Magua AND xvart: Both of you have held strong scumreads on Regfan for just about your entire time playing, yet neither of you have ever voted him. Can you elaborate as to why that is?
You're putting a lot of words into mouths in this post. Where was my scum read on Regfan "strong"? My very vocal scum reads up until start of day were Palisade and AV; and a lesser degree Fate by association to Palisade. What's your point? You look like you're throwing a big net and hoping to catch at least one fish, especially with your "eliminating WIFOM" motivations.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 am

Post by diddin »

Yeah Wraith needs to die today.

I have an ability left, want me to claim it? And yes, I'm an Inventor. There will be RAGE directed towards Fate once this game is over.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Gaoth »

Speaking of questions, Wraith, why haven't you answered mine? And another one, why should we mass claim tomorrow and not today?
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 539, Gaoth wrote:Speaking of questions, Wraith, why haven't you answered mine? And another one, why should we mass claim tomorrow and not today?

Because you don't want the answers to those questions. You just want me to give wrong ones.

It's pretty obvious that everyone here wants me dead, for one reason or the other. So either lynch me or no lynch because I've pretty gotten everything I wanted out of this day.
Show

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Magua »

Wraith, in all seriousness: If everyone wants you dead today, why do you imagine that anything will be different tomorrow?

That is, if you're a PR, claiming that today means that the mafia might kill you, which means you wouldn't get lynched tomorrow. Yes?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 538, diddin wrote:I have an ability left, want me to claim it? And yes, I'm an Inventor. There will be RAGE directed towards Fate once this game is over.
Oh, so your invention aren't like "Put wrench and lugnut together and give to Fate" but "give 2 shot protection to Regfan"?
I only read quote walls.

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by diddin »

I'm described as a "Chemist." I started with three potions: a track which I gave to Fate, the Doc powers I gave to Regfan, and one more potion.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I was in class all day, I will get a vote count up next page. Sorry about that.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by xvart »

How did Fate know you sent it to him but Regfan did not?
I only read quote walls.

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by diddin »

I crumbed that I sent Fate a gift during D2.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Regfan »

This no lynch discussion needs to end now, there's no chance this is mylo at all, Slaxx isn't a bastard mod like that. Further, lynching today means that mafia become forced to shoot towards me because the risk of me saving tonight would leads towards a potential extra mslynch. Mass-claiming is needed, we'll learn more than enough from that and should be able to get 2-3 clears at minimum.

@ Gaoth and Magua -
I need your full reads list with reasoning attached and I don't care if you're lazy Mag.

@ Xvart -
You're misrepping what I said massively, I never had any intenton of instant sheeping any guilty that Palisaide had to 'test his claim' but rather have them live until D2 so we have something to work of. Not everyone was saying "No, no, no!" to having Palisaide lynched at all, I was considering it and Fate was pushing for it meaning it was entirely plausible and possible to lynch him had the day drawn out longer.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 546, diddin wrote:I crumbed that I sent Fate a gift during D2.
I found it. That is good enough for me.

In post 547, Regfan wrote:
@ Xvart -
You're misrepping what I said massively, I never had any intenton of instant sheeping any guilty that Palisaide had to 'test his claim' but rather have them live until D2 so we have something to work of. Not everyone was saying "No, no, no!" to having Palisaide lynched at all, I was considering it and Fate was pushing for it meaning it was entirely plausible and possible to lynch him had the day drawn out longer.
I don't think I'm misrepping you at all. By not considering lynching him D1 with the guise of testing his claim you are essentially saying "give us some results and then we'll consider if he is scum or not." If he had returned a innocent result would you have lynched him? The only possibility that anyone who said the day before "let's test his claim tomorrow" would consider is him returning a guilty verdict. If Palisade returned an innocent result you would have to operate under the same premise as the day before because nothing has changed with any level of significance to the game state. Why, after all the pomp and circumstance yesterday, would you be considering him scummy for returning a scum result?

In post 547, Regfan wrote:This no lynch discussion needs to end now, there's no chance this is mylo at all, Slaxx isn't a bastard mod like that. Further, lynching today means that mafia become forced to shoot towards me because the risk of me saving tonight would leads towards a potential extra mslynch. Mass-claiming is needed, we'll learn more than enough from that and should be able to get 2-3 clears at minimum.
How do we yield 2-3 cleared townies out of mass claiming? And what about if the scum have a RBer? And what if a ton of other things that only help scum plan night actions when we think we aren't in threat of an immediate loss with a mislynch today?
I only read quote walls.

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Slaxx »

poop lol

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”