ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:35 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Nai wrote:He actually did say why. Because if the owner of the Mouth is killed, the Mouth is gone, and no one can use it.
And if the mouth is giving the answers in the first place, how reliable can it be?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

And at first, I thought that was the case, but like I stated, upon rereading something, I highly doubt that is the case now.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:37 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

How did I ignore your post?

I explained that you = luna, so therefore any suspicion on her is also suspicion on you.
I reminded you that I wasn't voting for your predecessor for her lurking.
And I thought I explained how your support of the mouth claim quite clearly. Let's see...

"...the artifact would be lost if the owner were killed that night."

Isn't that kind of like asking the cop to claim so you know where the answers are coming from?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

HackerHuck wrote:How did I ignore your post?

I explained that you = luna, so therefore any suspicion on her is also suspicion on you.
I reminded you that I wasn't voting for your predecessor for her lurking.
And I thought I explained how your support of the mouth claim quite clearly. Let's see...

"...the artifact would be lost if the owner were killed that night."

Isn't that kind of like asking the cop to claim so you know where the answers are coming from?
Like I just said, in that case, how is the cop a cop at all, if he's replying to questions which he may or may not (probably the latter) know anything about? It seems for a way for him to manipulate the town if that was the case which once again, I don't think is.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:51 pm

Post by Nai »

So what you are saying is, it would be better to out the mouth and then have him subsequently probably killed, on the off chance the scum have it and are using it to their advantage? (A, what, 3-ish in 12 chance?)
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Nai wrote:So what you are saying is, it would be better to out the mouth and then have him subsequently probably killed, on the off chance the scum have it and are using it to their advantage? (A, what, 3-ish in 12 chance?)
Are you dileberately misunderstanding me?
SL THREE times now wrote:I highly doubt that is the case
Anyway, if it DID work like that, the role would have no other use but to MISLEAD the town and scum would have no incentive to kill it.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:54 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

vote: Coron

I'll reread things but I'm pretty sure I still don't trust HH. If you look at HH's comments on Coron it's like too easy to say they're scum together.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:23 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I'll reread things but I'm pretty sure I still don't trust HH. If you look at HH's comments on Coron it's like too easy to say they're scum together.
Can you give more detail about why you feel this way? I don't see the connection.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:25 pm

Post by Nai »

SL: Where do you see that this isn't the case? Why do you think that either A. The item wouldn't be lost (which was confirmed by the mod) or B. The scum wouldn't kill it if it was town? It's like having a cop the scum doesn't kill. Rarely happens.

And what do you mean the role would mislead the town? Where do you get THAT?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Nai wrote:SL: Where do you see that this isn't the case? Why do you think that either A. The item wouldn't be lost (which was confirmed by the mod) or B. The scum wouldn't kill it if it was town? It's like having a cop the scum doesn't kill. Rarely happens.

And what do you mean the role would mislead the town? Where do you get THAT?
If someone had a Mouth of the Diviner and sent answers to the questions the Ear asked, which I said I don't think is the case then A) The answers would potentially mislead the town as how is the holder of the Mouth of the Diviner supposed to know and B) The scum have no incentive to kill the person holding it because it's that person's opinion.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your theory about the Mouth of the Diviner earlier.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:31 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I too do not understand what you mean by it misleading the town. If the mouth exists (keep in mind please that the mouth is pure specualation), I see it as a ask-a-question to the mod role, only another person gets the result (like say if one artifact allowed its owner to pick someone to investigate and another artifact gets the result). I really don't see how a townie with it will mislead the town, the only person who can misuse it is the person with the ear.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:33 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

If someone had a Mouth of the Diviner and sent answers to the questions the Ear asked, which I said I don't think is the case then A) The answers would potentially mislead the town as how is the holder of the Mouth of the Diviner supposed to know and B) The scum have no incentive to kill the person holding it because it's that person's opinion.
Wait, are you saying that if scum hold the ear, then they will mislead the town by saying they asked a question they didn't?

Even if this is the case, the odds of scum having it is not particularly good, and if we do get a bogus result we could simply lynch the ear's holder. That's still a really bad reason for the mouth to claim.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:35 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

No I'm saying let's say the Ear of the Diviner asks a question like "Is X scum?"

The holder of the Mouth of the Diviner has no way of knowing if X is scum or not and could potentially mislead the town in his answer.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:39 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Ummm, then have the person with the mouth claim answer before person with the ear claims question. Then, if the question ends up falsified later on, the person who had the mouth gets lynched. Not hard.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

GreenLiquid wrote:Ummm, then have the person with the mouth claim answer before person with the ear claims question. Then, if the question ends up falsified later on, the person who had the mouth gets lynched. Not hard.
And that involved the mouth claiming which is why I suggested it. But the point is moot now because I DON'T think that's how it works at all.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:26 pm

Post by Nai »

And I don't think the way you are suggesting, SL, is how it works. I think you ask the ear a question, and then the mouth tells you. I don't see how it would be that the person with the mouth gets the question and then answers, because who gets that answer? We've already gone over the fact that the Ear doesn't get answers. Directly, at least.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:59 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Assume for a moment that the scum have only found out about the possibility of the mouth through what has been posted. Given that they only have speculation about what it does and whether it even exists, does it make sense for scum to assume that the item would more likely benefit town or scum?

It's kind of funny how this post:
ShadowLurker wrote:After rereading something I am STRONGLY AGAINST A MASSROLECLAIM and against the Mouth of the Diviner or whatever we may believe to exist to claim.

came directly after this one:
Kelly Chen wrote:If it delivers information to anybody, the scum would not want to use it, pass it around, or even admit it exists. It seems there's some potential to use it for misdirection, but then the town would still expect the item to be passed along.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:50 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Nai wrote:And I don't think the way you are suggesting, SL, is how it works. I think you ask the ear a question, and then the mouth tells you. I don't see how it would be that the person with the mouth gets the question and then answers, because who gets that answer? We've already gone over the fact that the Ear doesn't get answers. Directly, at least.
Ok, I misunderstood then, but I'm still doubting that's the way it works.
HackerHuck wrote:Assume for a moment that the scum have only found out about the possibility of the mouth through what has been posted. Given that they only have speculation about what it does and whether it even exists, does it make sense for scum to assume that the item would more likely benefit town or scum?

It's kind of funny how this post:
ShadowLurker wrote:After rereading something I am STRONGLY AGAINST A MASSROLECLAIM and against the Mouth of the Diviner or whatever we may believe to exist to claim.

came directly after this one:
Kelly Chen wrote:If it delivers information to anybody, the scum would not want to use it, pass it around, or even admit it exists. It seems there's some potential to use it for misdirection, but then the town would still expect the item to be passed along.
If you're going to try and imply something, come state it right now instead of pathetic attempts to poison the well like that. If you notice, I was referring to a mass roleclaim Nightfall suggested, and not at all what Kelly suggested. It has already been established I have the Ear, I'm not hiding anything about it. You yourself seem to be against the mass claim.

Confirm Vote HH

Taking things out of context to slyly imply something is not my idea of protown behavior
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:28 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

Jules- 2 (Stewie, GreenLiquid)
Nai- 2 (Coron, Jules)
Coron- 2 (Nai, Kelly Chen)
ShadowLurker- 1 (HackerHuck)
HackerHuck- 1 (ShadowLurker)

Not voting (3): CrashTextDummie, Nightfall, Zindaras

6 to lynch
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:46 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Wow, someone's a bit defensive.

I prefer to let others come to the same conclusion I did, rather than spoon feed them my ideas. I would think you should appreciate that route since if I took something out of context, others would be able to make that judgement for themselves.

Since you decided to deflect around what caught my eye, I'll trim down the quotes to highlight what gave me a chuckle.
Kelly Chen wrote:If it delivers information to anybody, the scum would not want to use it, pass it around, or even admit it exists.
ShadowLurker wrote:After rereading something I am ... against the Mouth of the Diviner or whatever we may believe to exist to claim.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:13 am

Post by Stewie »

ShadowLurker wrote: Ok, I misunderstood then, but I'm still doubting that's the way it works.
I'll bite: how do you think it works?

HH: I like my arguments spoonfed. Also chewed, if possible. I can't see what you are seeing.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:59 am

Post by Zindaras »

Vote: ShadowLurker

Don't like the way he's jumping on HackerHuck. Coupled with my heavy suspicion regarding luna, that's enough for me to vote him.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:04 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

HackerHuck wrote:Wow, someone's a bit defensive.

I prefer to let others come to the same conclusion I did, rather than spoon feed them my ideas. I would think you should appreciate that route since if I took something out of context, others would be able to make that judgement for themselves.

Since you decided to deflect around what caught my eye, I'll trim down the quotes to highlight what gave me a chuckle.
Kelly Chen wrote:If it delivers information to anybody, the scum would not want to use it, pass it around, or even admit it exists.
ShadowLurker wrote:After rereading something I am ... against the Mouth of the Diviner or whatever we may believe to exist to claim.
I'm pretty sure the Mouth of a Diviner claiming is a subset of a mass artifacts claim and you needing that ... is pretty much admitting you're taking things out of context.
Stewie wrote:I'll bite: how do you think it works?
I don't know how it works but I'm doubting the Mouth and the Diviner if it exists and the Ear of the Diviner are related at all. That's all I'm saying, nothing more.
Zindaras wrote:
Vote: ShadowLurker

Don't like the way he's jumping on HackerHuck. Coupled with my heavy suspicion regarding luna, that's enough for me to vote him.
This is bullshit and you know it, you're just looking for an excuse to jump on me again because now I have momentum.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

ShadowLurker wrote:This is bullshit and you know it, you're just looking for an excuse to jump on me again because now I have momentum.
Momentum? Hardly. I'm simply voting you because I have been suspicious of you all thread. You've always been pretty much my top suspect, and I believe that's more than clear enough. With Jules not getting lynched, I'm back to you.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:10 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Zindaras wrote:*pouts*

I still say I'm right, but I guess I won't get anywhere with them today.
Zindaras wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:This is bullshit and you know it, you're just looking for an excuse to jump on me again because now I have momentum.
Momentum? Hardly. I'm simply voting you because I have been suspicious of you all thread. You've always been pretty much my top suspect, and I believe that's more than clear enough. With Jules not getting lynched, I'm back to you.
Pretty sure it IS because I have any sort of momentum going on me now, and Jules doesn't.

There are no doubts in my mind that HackerHuck and Zindaras are scum together and I'd be happy with either one of them dying today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”