Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:41 am

Post by cicero »

Vote Lazy
For not working hard. Slacker.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #102 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:13 am

Post by cicero »

mcpaltp wrote:Both waar and WR?'s logic make sense to me. I don't like the WIFOM "joke" of Lazy's and CKD's overraction also seems scummy to me. I'm sort of getting a busing vibe, so I think I'll put a vote on Lazy as he seems incrementally scummier to me.

##Vote:Lazy

Nobody else is really hitting my scumdar right now. C'mon lurkers, start pingin'! I'm sure all of you scummy mcscummersons have lots of good tells-- let 'em, out.

Unvote Lazy

I haven't thought about this game yet. My random vote ain't sitting on that there wagon until I have.

And no one is lurking yet. The game hasn't gone on long enough. These day ones go on a looooong time. And clearly there's a sub-group in here of people who already know each other and may even be talking to each other on Ventrilo. Most of us were probably just waiting for the din to settle down a bit. That's what I was doing. I can't get in on in-jokes when I'm not in. Know what I'm sayin'?

But I'm encouraged by the quick turn the game has taken towards real investigation. I'm just not going to leave my random vote on someone who is under real suspicion.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:43 am

Post by cicero »

mcpaltp wrote:Outside comunication about game events is verboten. I'm not talking about the
game events
outside of this thread, and I'm sure the rest aren't either.

And why not call out the lurkers? I see no reason to wait until the deadline to lynch someone if they are scum. Discussion is all well and good, but so is a game not taking weeks to finish.

Just sayin'
To clarify - I wasn't suggesting you were talking about game events outside the thread. Just that you were all sitting in vent enjoying yourselves and this was part of it. Which would make you want to post more. For you time is real time.

- I looooove hunting lurkers. Love it. I lift up their dirty little rocks and I poke them with big sharp sticks while I shine my megawatt flashlights in there eyes. My point was just to let you know that the pace on this site seems a bit slower than you seem used to. It's a brand new game so the game hasnt gone on long enough for there to be real lurky lurkers. But hell poke wherever you want. See you got a response from me. So it worked! :)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #137 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:00 am

Post by cicero »

WomensRights wrote:While yes, several of us are from another site and play mafia together on a more or less frequent basis, I do have to say that I'm surprised that we would be accused of talking together outside of the thread. Just because we know each other from another site doesn't mean that we don't know the rules of mafia and we all know that talking outside the thread is clearly forbidden. I think it's rather silly to instantly assume that we're all cheating. And yes, we are used to faster paced games.

That being said though, I do think it's ridiculous to call out any lurkers at this point. The thread's been open for, what, 12 hours or so? Less than that? I know that you guys on MS are used to slower days so I doubt we can even think about calling out lurkers at this point.
Personally I'm just thilled that there's a place with FASTER mafia games. If only somethingawful.com wasn't banned at work. :( The long days non-deadlined days on here suuuuuuuuuck.

And I wasnt accusing you of that, as I clarified.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #158 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:30 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..
I explained:
waar wrote: You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
for the love of God, how was it an over reaction?

I said..

"now that just hurts BM..." (you are telling me this was serious?)

I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning...I say you are (fill in the blank), the circle begins a new? (you are telling me this is serious?)

are we going to start bumping heads again?(you are telling me this is serious?)

Where is the over reaction in this post? You said that I thought BM's reasoning sucked and you agreed it sucked. You see my interaction with you? This is serious...you see a difference?

My vote on him is not an OMGUS vote. I gave him plenty of time to say "hey, maybe it is a misunderstanding"..or "my joke on you was mostly random"..or even a "I am just trying to start conversation"

but he wont back down..he wants to push a vote on someone because of an over reaction that wasnt even there.

Now he is saying I am being overly defensive....NO, I am being offensive

When I see something scummy, I jump on it. When someone votes me (passed the random stage) for a crappy reason and refuses to admit they might be wrong...I jump on it.
Man... you are TOTALLY overreacting...

waits for CKD's head to explode...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #164 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:52 am

Post by cicero »

On this mafiaboard lynching in a hurry is a HUGE scumtell.

FOS: ALL OF YOU SPEED POSTERS FROM SOMETHINGAWFUL

Clearly the game has 10 Scum who must be lynched immediately. But slowly. um...err...

oh dear.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #166 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 am

Post by cicero »

I'm guessing the scum win a lot over at somethingawful.com
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #211 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:07 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Lazy wrote:
Vote: 50 pounds of bread

Should be 23kg of bread.
you would like that wouldnt you?

unvote 50
vote Lazy
Hey CKD - What did this mean in the first place? I never got the joke.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #213 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:37 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:different ways of weighing bread, KG versus lbs..cultural (poke) joke vote, metric vs. english..

2.2lbs = 1kg

I was feeling oppressed again.

Gotcha. I knew all of that but wanted to clarify that it was an us vs. them foreigner joke.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #244 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by cicero »

Yeah. Lazy managed to make himself look double scummy. Well done friend.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #283 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:09 am

Post by cicero »

I usually don't lurk. I'm having trouble getting into this thread.

1. I'm not used to the pace, which is my own problem.
2. Lurkers are reinforcing lurkers> Why should I jump on some Lazy or CKD or Waar bandwagon (or whoever) when every mafioso in the game could be lurking.
3. The wagons so far seem pretty typical day one fodder. My scumdar isn't good enough to find an obv scum yet.

But I'm here. And will get louder and longer eventually if history is any indication. Can't speak for the rest of the quiet types.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #305 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:44 am

Post by cicero »

Now that we're in the serious part of the game could you all knock off the colored fonts please. That isn't a normal part of this forum's traditions and speaking for myself I find it annoying/distracting. That being said, It isn't a huge deal and if you choose to ignore me or tell me to piss off, I'm not going to mention it again. Just thought i'd send out a polite request.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #349 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:08 am

Post by cicero »

Saint Freak wrote:Charges, charges. I can't be bothered to navigate back through this thread. Sum them up for me, unless they equate to "omg he's having fun guys get him', which I suspect they still do.

And I have no problem voting your - scummy, not taking the game seriously, and therefore is bad for the town - ass. I read all your posts. You sure are having fun. Enjoy my little votesy wotesy. I hope it tickles.

Vote Saint Freak
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #356 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:22 am

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:STOP VOTING HIM FOR JUST A MOMENT AND LET'S TALK BEFORE HE GETS LYNCHED AND POTENTIALLY WINS THE GAME.

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's a jester? He's not even bothering to respond to anything, he's TRYING to get lynched. If he's a jester, that means he wins the game. That's not good, because then we lose.

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's a jester? Also, cicero, why did you vote him RIGHT AFTER I posted that?
I missed your Jester line and was irritated by his flippancy. And never really realised that a Jester win meant a town loss. I always think of it as more of a town annoyance. Anyway I think he's probably just a flippant guy not taking the game seriously and I really don't like that. But fine... since I'm sure we've made our point. For now...

Unvote
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #361 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:30 am

Post by cicero »

WomensRights wrote:SF is new to this site but not new to mafia. We play it all the time on something awful, where wind, myself, SF, and a good many others in this thread come from...we're on a field trip :D.

Also FoS is really silly at this point in the game because (unless you're voting for SF or Lazy or CKD or someone else who's near lynch at this point which I don't know because we haven't had a vote count HEM HEM MOD) one vote is not going to make a difference on Day 1. Or Day 2. Or any day that isn't LYLO.

Far be it from me to defend Skitzer who I've certainly had sharp words with in the recent past in another game... but I barely understood your logic there. FOS isn't silly here, at least not in my somewhat limited experience (I'm no guru, just a reasonably quick study). It's just a good shorthand way of pointing out who people suspect and is used at all sorts of stages. Maybe you do it differently over at SA but it isn't "silly" here. That having been said Skitzer is pretty new to the game and, by his own admission, has a lot to learn and I anticipate may get admonished for lots of things. But that particular criticism was not necessary I don't think.

I think you mean "just vote someone". But I don't think it's your place to demand that. Peroonally I'll be voting when I'm good and ready and I don't like people trying to control the town's play that way.

On the other side, I agree with you, WR.
More vote counts are pretty much necessary in a game with this pace.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #362 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:31 am

Post by cicero »

Saint Freak wrote:
Lemming1607 wrote: I think he's just a shitty player that refuses to contribute

So you don't think I'm scum, but it would still be AWESOME to lynch me anyhoo. Way to be town-esque
You're in no position to lecture anyone on towniness at this point.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #364 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:35 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:I believe admonished means criticized, therefore you are correct but I am trying not to be so criticizable, because then I get very irritant and somehow get modkilled.
Yes... let's try to avoid that this time, shall we ;-)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #366 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:40 am

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:Irritant...modkilled? Oops...:(
Meh. He just didnt read the rules carefully enough and made a big noobie mistake but it isn't like he did anything poisonous. Don't get the wrong idea.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #369 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:43 am

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:I'm not defending him. I just don't want to vote off the jester on day 1. I've never played a game on mafia scum either, but Saint Freak has played in games before. I know this for a fact because he and I are from the same board. He's never played like this though, which is what makes me wonder if he's a jester or some other type of role like that. I just really don't want to do that.

How sure are you that Theo wouldn't put a jester in this game? Sorry, I've just never played a game on this forum before so I don't know what mods would do what.
He could very well be a jester. My understanding is that they are in play with some regularity. I'm not sure of the ratio of games with and without though. But Skitzer is wrong to dismiss the possibility.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #370 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:46 am

Post by cicero »

WomensRights wrote:
cicero wrote: Far be it from me to defend Skitzer who I've certainly had sharp words with in the recent past in another game... but I barely understood your logic there. FOS isn't silly here, at least not in my somewhat limited experience (I'm no guru, just a reasonably quick study). It's just a good shorthand way of pointing out who people suspect and is used at all sorts of stages. Maybe you do it differently over at SA but it isn't "silly" here. That having been said Skitzer is pretty new to the game and, by his own admission, has a lot to learn and I anticipate may get admonished for lots of things. But that particular criticism was not necessary I don't think.

I think you mean "just vote someone". But I don't think it's your place to demand that. Peroonally I'll be voting when I'm good and ready and I don't like people trying to control the town's play that way.
I've gotten in to this argument on SA with people before, but at this stage in the game I do find the FoS to be silly. It's 1 vote. It's not going to hurt anyone. If you find someone suspicious, put a vote on them to put some pressure on them so that they take you seriously. An FoS is basically useless right now.

It's also a way for scum to say "Oh yeah I kind of suspect this person" without leaving a vote trail that leads back to them. Townies shouldn't be afraid of their votes. Scum hold on to theirs like precious jewels and dole them out after careful consideration because they don't want anything coming back to them.
Great - your opinion is noted. And I understand your point. But I'm going to ignore it now though. Mostly because of your unnecessary use of the inflammatory word "silly". We usually bold our FOS's here. You can track em just fine with the drop down menu below. If you think such FOS's in and of themselves offer a scum trail then you should positive this theory of yours later on when you can trap someone with it. Not early on so you can warn your scumbuddies. so a minor
FOS: Women's Rights [/b} to you. See how that works?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #371 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:47 am

Post by cicero »

EBWOP: That should read
FOS Women's Rights

Mod can edit that and delete this if he likes.

Note to self: Preview button!!! Use Preview button!!!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #376 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:55 am

Post by cicero »

WomensRights wrote:
cicero wrote: Great - your opinion is noted. And I understand your point. But I'm going to ignore it now though. Mostly because of your unnecessary use of the inflammatory word "silly". We usually bold our FOS's here. You can track em just fine with the drop down menu below. If you think such FOS's in and of themselves offer a scum trail then you should positive this theory of yours later on when you can trap someone with it. Not early on so you can warn your scumbuddies. so a minor
FOS: Women's Rights [/b} to you. See how that works?
How is the word "silly" inflammatory?
Minorly inflammatory. Not hugely beyond the pail. Potentially temperature rising and distracting, if you will - Just because it's like calling him a dumbass. It belittles the action. That's all. I'm Not saying never say it. There are times to call someone silly or a dumbass, and I deserve it regularly. Just use it when the action really is silly. And I had said already that over here at least it isnt seen that way.

But then in your next breath you said it was suspicious. Suspicious actions are seldom silly ones... They are calculated.

When I vote someone it is because they need serious pressure or I really think they are scum. When I just see a random scumtell I FOS it. Sometimes it just helps me to flag it for later. I dont tend to vote more easily in the early game than in the late game. Personal playstyle choice and not a particularly silly one in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't want to argue silly too much with you, because that in itself might get "silly" rather quickly (by which I really mean distracting). So say what you want. It just raised my lil ol eyebrows. Maybe everyone else thinks it's a-ok.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #421 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by cicero »

garbagetree wrote:
skitzer wrote:SF, me agrees...Jesters are usually included in open games to add another worry to the game...but I can see how talk of no jester is scummy as well.
Jester is a pretty rare role, and bringing it up on a day one without any reasoning to think that there could be a jester in the game seems rather silly. In fact, the only reason why I could think that it would be brought up is as a scare tactic. All it does is makes me suspicious of the person who first brought it up. That was windshipper if I recall correctly.
Fair enough but imho windshipper's comment was reasonable in the context at the time. Freak was acting like a jester. If ever a jester there was. I wanted to lynch the guy on general principle... and one of the SA people that could meta him said it was highly abnormal play for him.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #447 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:00 am

Post by cicero »

mcpaltp wrote:Great Kilgrey, now I have four people I want to vote for: St. Freak, CKD, peers, and now Tarhalindur. I'll wait a little longer for any one of these four to chime in before I start moving my vote around (again).

And is it just me, or is this game moving really slowly all of a sudden? If it wasn't categorically "bad for the town" I'd be pushing for it right now. I know it's against MS custom, but different cultures, I guess.
Sorry, pushing for what?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #451 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:41 am

Post by cicero »

Man - what is with these guys? I thought Something Awful had a rule against going to other boards and being dicks.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #461 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:09 am

Post by cicero »

Vote Saint Freak
I think. I can WIFOM it until the cows come home but I think I'm going to go back to basics. Vote the person who is consistently anti-town.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #494 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:41 am

Post by cicero »

Peers vs. St. Freak. Interesting.

You'd all (well a few of you) rather vote a guy complaining about all the bullshit in this thread than a guy contributing nothing but bullshit in this thread. Gotcha.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #548 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:51 am

Post by cicero »

Limited access for me over the weekend.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #673 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:27 am

Post by cicero »

I'd post more but I'm still happy with my vote. I'd like to lynch St. Freak and then go from there.

Also: Am I the only one that has to be really careful about not mixing up people's behavior in Mafia 71 and Doctor Who Mafia? :p

(Don't worry. I am.)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #679 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by cicero »

Glad to hear it, windshipper. :)

Welcome back.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #681 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by cicero »

Battlemage is a male by the way. He's just fucking with the gender thing because of his role in another game.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #683 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:Ok, anyone know why Battle Mage signs his posts BM?

I mean, seriously, Bowel Movement?
Quit being retarded or I will beat you with this dead mackeral.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #689 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:03 am

Post by cicero »

My theory is she wants out of this game but doesn't want to ask to be replaced. :)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #692 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:02 am

Post by cicero »

Well then maybe we should
unvote
whoever we are voting and
vote aimee
to send her the message that maybe
Aimee
could stand to
cut that shit out and get into her games.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #695 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:12 am

Post by cicero »

She's on the site this very minute. If I unvote her at all it will be later.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #698 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:14 am

Post by cicero »

Aimee wrote:As ABR said, I will have no access until Monday.

:(

I'm really sorry, but at the moment my life is mega hectic, and I really have no time for the spped of this game.

Would it be easier if I got replaced, since I think even after this I could have more limited access? :( I'm really sorry for not posting as much as I should, but as I have said, I've basically had no time since coming to college.

Yeah - you should cull some games. Re-replace in when you are under control.

unvote

The worst part is that with Theo's access problems, getting a replacement will be a chore as well. But yes - please don't bite off more games than you can handle.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #700 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:51 am

Post by cicero »

Everyone does remember that this is the game with fixed deadlines, right? It shouldnt become too onerous to keep up with. And the SA people are quitting at a rather feverish pace. This should be a game people can reasonably keep up with in short order. But between the replacements and the distractions and the mod getting his work access blocked... this could very well die. Which would be a damn shame, because I want more deadlined games.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #703 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:07 am

Post by cicero »

The mod has very limited access - can someone with good votecounting skills / mod experience take it upon themselves to do that?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #705 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by cicero »

Honour system. People can check. If you faked it you'd be quickly caught.

More importantly, are you actually planning on playing for real now? O_o
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #722 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:22 am

Post by cicero »

lol. I dont like a lot of your SA friends... or ABR... but I like you Mcpaltp.

I'm still here.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #725 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:38 am

Post by cicero »

I have a great idea since this game is... problematic.

Let's list the people who acted like asshats in this and or DoctorWho mafia, decide who was the biggest asshat and lynch them!

If you don't like the idea - Lynch me! And I will join a new game that has not been hobbled by trolls! :D

No? OK... fine. I'll go back and do a re-read and see if anyone deserves a vote.

Oh right...THIS is the game where Tarhalindur says he doesn't respond to cases against him and wants them to stand on their own. My case against him is that anyone who plays that way should get a rope around their neck.

vote tarhalindur
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #728 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:52 am

Post by cicero »

Let's lynch Tar so he doesn't need to be replaced :D

Is Cicero *trying* to get himself lynched? Even he isn't sure at this point.

/almost likes Mcpaltp's idea.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #731 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:23 am

Post by cicero »

November 13th is deadline for day 1

Just a reminder.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #735 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:21 am

Post by cicero »

unvote. vote saintfreak

How dare you!!!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #766 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:42 am

Post by cicero »

mcpaltp wrote:*cough* Is this game still alive?
I'm watching it but the mod is unavailable. And I think your Something Awful friends have, for the most part, taken their bat and ball and gone home which means we likely need a ton of replacements. So I'm not putting any effort into it at the moment. P

We're 6 days away from No Lynch by the way.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #768 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:59 am

Post by cicero »

It's too bad. It was a nice idea and even had deadlines so it wouldnt be too slow for the somethingawful people. Mcpaltp, when you go home, please tell them "go fuck yourself, san diego" for me, wouldja?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #770 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:22 am

Post by cicero »

Yup. I agree with you. I hate long drawn out games too. But this game was killed by childish pricks coming over to a site they had no respect for and then leaving when the novelty of their fieldtrip wore off.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #773 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:27 am

Post by cicero »

Peers wrote:
cicero wrote:It's too bad. It was a nice idea and even had deadlines so it wouldnt be too slow for the somethingawful people. Mcpaltp, when you go home, please tell them "go fuck yourself, san diego" for me, wouldja?
That's being kinda harsh on them. Only a couple were problem people -- the others were rather nice, they just had to adapt to a different board's playstyle.
I'm not talking about the just the trolls. Im talking about all the quitters. I'm sure they are great people and kind to their mothers. They were just totally disrespectful. Some of them by being trolls. Others by being offended when the forum wasnt what they wanted it to be - and they quit. Some of them, like Jamuuraan, screwed heavily with a game WHILE quitting. At the same time, some of them, like Mcpaltp, appear to be awesome and should run for president.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #800 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:30 am

Post by cicero »

Confirm Vote: Saint Freak
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #802 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:37 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:for now I feel good with

vote 50 lbs of bread

by far one of the scummiest in this game..

what was the case against St. Freak?
Read his posts. He's an unhelpful flippant lurkmeister.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #808 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:15 am

Post by cicero »

Thanks 'chaz.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #818 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:52 am

Post by cicero »

50 is not scummy. I just re-read him. He was quite active when there was an active to be active in.

But he was fingering you, Garnasha -- which you failed to mention. OMGUS much?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #827 (isolation #52) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:33 am

Post by cicero »

Porochaz wrote:agreed, if garn gave reasons its not OMGUS anything...
Just on a theory note - this is not correct. OMGUS is generally shrouded in real reasons.

That having been said my reason was that I didnt find Garnasha's reasoning compelling and I went back and found out that 50 had been critical of Garnasha. Was well worth noting. I'm hardly on 50s side though.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #829 (isolation #53) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by cicero »

Saint Freak wrote:I'm all for dying. I live for watching people backpedal after I flip town and they bandwagoned me.

Also, here is a third line to prove I post more than two lines at a time.
Yup. Blah blah bleeber blah.

re-confirm vote: Saint Freak
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #839 (isolation #54) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:40 am

Post by cicero »

Mod - can you update the frontpage post 1 as replacements enter the game?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #858 (isolation #55) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:09 pm

Post by cicero »

Setael or Saint Freak could both be scum. If Setael stays alive we have a real player in the game. I'm playing with her in another game. She's active, smart, aggressive and great to play with.

If Saint Freak lives we have someone who will smirk his way through the game with contempt.

Let's ne honest. This is a Day one lynch and a disfunctional one at that. There's an excellent chance that they are both town. It isn't like the case against either is exactly airtight. One is a few random scumtells. The other is a flippant asshat who is sneering instead of playing.

So... if you can't be strongly confident that you'll lynch scum, at least lynch anti-town. Get rid of the asshat who has nothing but contempt for you and the game.

Vote Saint Freak. Policy Lynch. For the good of the game and the good of the site. Hopefully he's scum besides but I honestly don't give a rat's ass. A vote for Saint Freak is a vote for keeping a serious playerwho deserves to be here - Setael - in the game.

(and by the way. Setael and I aren't friendly. She's screaming for my head in another game)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #862 (isolation #56) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by cicero »

It's worse in here because I'm demoralised by the day one. For what it's worth I hope you're in here tomorrow thinking I'm scum. But now I've been chummy with you so you're eternally tied to me and therefore fucked.

Sucker.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #874 (isolation #57) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by cicero »

Hi Quickben - thanks for joining in. Don't quit on us, k?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #889 (isolation #58) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by cicero »

Wow. windshipper sounds almost mad...

Do you think I'm scum or are you currently engaged in the rank hypocrisy of policy lynching me for policy lynching? Don't answer me. Answer yourself.

FOS Phate
. You win Scummiest Entrance Award. But welcome. Thanks for jumping in to this previously disfunctional little game of ours.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #893 (isolation #59) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by cicero »

I'd do what I did again in a heartbeat. And if Setael ends up town I'll laugh atcha too.

The question is did I do what I did because I am a member of some informed nightkilling minority. I didn't.

I did it - and I wasnt the only one - because in my opinion it was our (and I mean the towns) best move.

Your argument - blasting out of the gate - is based on me knowing Saint Freak was town. I don't know Freaks alignment. I don't know Setaels.

I know that most of yesterday was wasted by people on the a field trip from Something Awful coming over to this game and, in large numbers, being disruptive and game breaking. Saint Freak's version was to be useless and rude. He didnt scumhunt. He didnt help. He just told us to go fuck ourselves. In my opinion Saint Freak was extremely scummy. I thought he was scummier than Tarhalindur. But I was far from sure that either of them were scum. You know as well as I do that Day one lynch is generally a townie lynch. Scumhunting just isnt that good a science. So with a low assurance that I could be assured of lynching scum in either case I want to lynch the town's biggest liability. And that was unquestionably Saint Freak.

His behavior was an impediment to hunting scum. Which is behavior that is engaged in by scum. With Setael in the game we have someone who will contribute. If she is town she will scumhunt. If she is scum, we'll know soon enough.

So with an imperfect situation, which was brought on by people like Saint Freak acting in an anti-town fashion and coming close to destroying the game, I spoke my opinion which was "I don't know if either of these people are scum. And in that situation I think this is what is best for the town's chances."

I stand by it as a decision. No problem. There's a very good chance (say about 75%) that Setael is town. We lynched her as a townie we're down a townie AND we have to deal with Saint Freak for another day. Forget it.

Now - is your vote for me a policy vote? Your vote for me is EXACTLY the same as my vote for Saint Freak. Which doesn't mean I would necessarily oppose it. It means you should. With apologies to Phate's disagreement, your both wrong.

I didnt vote Saint Freak thinking he was town. I voted him thinking his behavior was anti-town and therefore scummy. I don't believe in letting scum lurk and do nothing in order to coast to endgame. And I don't let them develop an "oh he's just an asshole" meta so they can handicap me in whatever game I'm in with them. If you aren't scumhunting, I've got a rope for you.

So if you think I did what I did because I am a member of the scum, vote for me. If you disagree with what I did but think I did it for the motive I've just stated. Don't. Otherwise its a policy lynch.

They're your rules.

Get it straight folks. In any game I'm in. I dont let useless rude lurkers coast through. Meta me. Feel free. You want to lynch me for it, be my guest. Then people can jump and cry when *I* turn up town. That just helps me develop the meta I want.

But if you really want to "help the town" and "find scum" and you arent just avenging your asshole friend... piss off.

@Phate - read the thread. Then we'll talk.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #917 (isolation #60) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by cicero »

I'm anti-town but Saint Freak wasnt. Nice universe you've got there, Windshipper.
/boggle
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #919 (isolation #61) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by cicero »

I made a long response, smart ass. That was the tl;dr version. Which apparently includes you, jdodge.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #920 (isolation #62) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by cicero »

By the way jdodge, have you done your readthrough yet?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #922 (isolation #63) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by cicero »

What response other than my huge one would you like? You want me to say "my bad" or something? :S

I've made my response. I'm not sorry I advocated him getting lynched rather than Tar/Setael, and last time I checked I only had one vote. Takes a few more than that to do a hangin'.

So since I'm not sorry and I have nothing else to add, why don't you tell me what the brilliant "townie" response would be.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #924 (isolation #64) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by cicero »

Why are we posting in circles now? I didnt know if he was a townie or not. And you don't know that Setael is scum.

Are you saying that everyone on his wagon is a member of the scum? Here's who voted him.

[quote=Mod]Saint Freak (7) - mcpaltp, cicero, Garnasha, Peers, Porochaz, Albert R. Rampage, Battle Mage [/quote]

Albert has now died and has been shown to be townie.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #925 (isolation #65) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by cicero »

It seems to me that ONE of us knew that Saint Freak was definitely a townie.

Vote Windshipper

Too much information about who was townie on day one.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #950 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:34 am

Post by cicero »

Garnasha wrote:Ps. cic, what does tl;dr mean?
"Too Long; Did not Read"
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #958 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:39 am

Post by cicero »

Windshipper, screwing around IS scummy. If I had a really strong feeling that Tar was scum, I might have put up with Freak. If I had a really strong feeling that Freak would come up town, I would have put up with Freak. But these conditions did not exist.

I find your line of thinking particularly disturbing because you are giving license to such anti-town behavior in future. If someone wants to pressure a player to play right with votes, thereby enforcing the code of behavior that creates an environment in which we can reliably FIND scumtells, they will have you to answer to.

THAT my friend is what is blatantly anti-town. You know, if you feel like winning as town. Which I'm not sure you do.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #959 (isolation #68) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:17 am

Post by cicero »

We dont have time for sitting on our hands kiddies. Three week timeline from when the thread opened.

Hypocritically I have nothing more to add until I can re-read and THAT wont happen until after I finish a powerpoint presentation at work. But yeah, giddyup.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #961 (isolation #69) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:08 am

Post by cicero »

Mod could we get a mass prod

Surely people could all:

a) Vote for me or windshipper and give reasons for their side.
b) Vote for Setael based on Tarhalindur's play yesterday and question her about her observations
c) Go back to any other favorites from day one.

No need for this to have the sound of crickets.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #962 (isolation #70) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:09 am

Post by cicero »

@Setael - where's the rest of your big read?
FOS: Setael
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #964 (isolation #71) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:23 am

Post by cicero »

I'd love to except:

a) I'm kinda grumpy at some of your friends over Doctor Who, but more importantly
b) I can't access SA at work so Im pretty much screwed with your posting rate.

What's your theory. I don't mind tha voteski but with no discussion we have nothing to talk about and I'm tryna shake the trees here. If you think I'll just OMGUS you, you have the wrong guy. Who else looks scummy to you and why? Have a top three?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #993 (isolation #72) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by cicero »

Vote Phate
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #994 (isolation #73) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by cicero »

Unvote. Vote Phate.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #996 (isolation #74) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:
cicero wrote:
Unvote. Vote Phate.
..your reason being...?
haha! Can anyone spot the problem with Windshipper asking me this question? Review the last two pages.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #998 (isolation #75) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:
cicero wrote:
windshipper wrote:
cicero wrote:
Unvote. Vote Phate.
..your reason being...?
haha! Can anyone spot the problem with Windshipper asking me this question? Review the last two pages.
You haven't given any reason for voting phate...? Whereas, even if you disagree with it, I've given reason for me voting you? I'm not sure I see the hilarious double standard or whatever you're referring to.
That's because I'm the spider and you're the fly.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1000 (isolation #76) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by cicero »

Phate wrote:Windshipper - he's being ironic. He's voting me without giving reason because I voted BM without giving reason. Made me grin, actually.
This is evidence that Phate is smarter than Windshipper. Let the record show that Phate will get in to all the better colleges.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1002 (isolation #77) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:<---Already in college.
More evidence.

Windshipper - why did you not push Phate for refusing to give reasons but did push me for not giving reasons? Please unravel that for me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1005 (isolation #78) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:
cicero wrote:
More evidence.

Windshipper - why did you not push Phate for refusing to give reasons but did push me for not giving reasons? Please unravel that for me.
I didn't see it, actually.
Funny how you only have eyes for me, snuggle muffin.

Now that you've seen it, what do you think of it?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1008 (isolation #79) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by cicero »

JDodge wrote:I find it interesting that cicero, a self-professed lurker hunter, is completely ignoring the lurkers
Give me time.

Why aren't you going at them?

Do you think I'd be upset if they got lynched? Get serious.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1012 (isolation #80) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:12 am

Post by cicero »

JDodge wrote:
cicero wrote:
JDodge wrote:I find it interesting that cicero, a self-professed lurker hunter, is completely ignoring the lurkers
Give me time.

Why aren't you going at them?

Do you think I'd be upset if they got lynched? Get serious.
No, I'm saying that it's a departure from your norm. Such a radical departure is usually very telling of someone's alignment.
I dont have the energy to write "wah wah lynch lurkers" in every game every post. It's why I put it in my sig. If there is a preponderance of lurking, I can't single out a single one as a bad guy. But this game could definitely use a little lurker rattling, so yeah. I'm up for it.

Since you brought it up who are our lurkers? Could you list em for us? That'll give us a starting point.

How close to deadline are we?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1018 (isolation #81) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:37 am

Post by cicero »

Cicero's Post Count

1. Tarhalindur Setael: 10 + 6
Not as active as might have expected. Shortlist as scum.

2. Peers: 43
3. Skitzer 37
4. Aimee Phate: 5 + 16
fairly active since joining. Play is scummy to me

5. Battle Mage 44
6. Schistimatized windshipper: 4 + 96
8. Curiouskarmadog 80
9. Garnasha 64
10. Cicero 81
11. ChronX JDodge 38 + 7
Glad you brought this up, Jdodge so we could see how little you've contributed so far.

12. Porochaz 71
14. garbagetree 29
last post November 9. Need replacement?

15. WomensRights QuickBen 57 + 7
IGMEOY

16. Lazy KilGrey 10 + 9
Last Post November 10. Need replacement?

17. mcpaltp 70
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1020 (isolation #82) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:33 am

Post by cicero »

mcpaltp wrote:
cicero wrote:
windshipper wrote:
cicero wrote:
More evidence.

I didn't see it, actually.
Funny how you only have eyes for me, snuggle muffin.

Now that you've seen it, what do you think of it?
HOT.
Watch it or I'll call YOU snuggle muffin.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1026 (isolation #83) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:45 am

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:
FoS: Cicero
for obvious buddying up. :D
[scooby-doo voice]Awooo???[/scooby-doo voice]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1031 (isolation #84) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:10 am

Post by cicero »

No. I'll be back in by the weekend for sure. Not letting it die.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1038 (isolation #85) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by cicero »

I think whoever mentioned the arsonist first is probably the arsonist. Just sayin'.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1040 (isolation #86) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by cicero »

Phate wrote:*raises hand*

That would be me.
Yeah, I know.

Vote Phate
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1044 (isolation #87) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:56 am

Post by cicero »

QuickBen wrote:I'm not thinking we have an actual arsonist. I'll probably continue to think that until two people are burned in the same place. Until then, I'm just treating it like a SK who torches his victims.
What's the difference? Just the 50/50 chance thing?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1046 (isolation #88) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:04 am

Post by cicero »

I would believe that except that I suspect the guy that mentioned "arsonist" read it in his role pm.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1048 (isolation #89) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by cicero »

QuickBen wrote:Yeah, but I get the feeling that phate is experienced enough to not make that big of a slipup.
He had a scummy entrance. Maybe he's just off his game. Tired. Comin' in for one last shot at the title. YOU'RE OVA DA HILL, ROCK'!

sorry. Got carried away...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1051 (isolation #90) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:46 am

Post by cicero »

Personally I'm thrilled with my Phate vote. I think he's our SK arsonist. Given the deadline, people who arent voting may want to pick one of the ongoing bandwagons, including my own, to jump on so we avoid a no-lynch.

Also, people may want to throw in a Setael wagon since her predecessor was a heavy scum suspect yesterday.

Mod: We need some prods and replacements I think.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1053 (isolation #91) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:59 am

Post by cicero »

Works for me. I'd rather be lynched then sit in a dead game. Why though? You a big fan of no lynches? Seems like you are happy to follow my advice while punishing me for it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1055 (isolation #92) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:06 am

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:
cicero wrote:Works for me. I'd rather be lynched then sit in a dead game. Why though? You a big fan of no lynches? Seems like you are happy to follow my advice while punishing me for it.
currently you have the most votes. As such, according to your advice, you are the best play anyway. And thats besides you being obv scum.

BM
Wanna bet. I'm pretty much never scum. Just, like you, always scummy.

How about a case, big man.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1057 (isolation #93) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:34 am

Post by cicero »

Yesterday's suspicions don't count anymore? The case against me kinda hinges on the case against Setael/Tarhalinder, no?

Let me write an Alternate universe post which is your reply to me if I didn't include Setael:
Battle Mage in an Alternate Universe where I didnt include Setael would have wrote: "I like how you are limiting the town. Still protecting your scumbuddy Setael, obv scum Cicero! ROFL. LOL. :roll:"
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1059 (isolation #94) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 am

Post by cicero »

Got it. No good reason. Nothing I can respond to. noted.

Who else wants to play.

I like making info for the town. :)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1061 (isolation #95) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:50 am

Post by cicero »

You are forgetting the most important rule in mafiascum: Battle Mage is always wrong! ;-)

No seriously. My response was that it would have been scummy not to remind people about Tarhalindur. Especially since Setael hasn't done all that much since she arrived in the game. Windshipper is mad because Saint Freak got lynched instead of Setael/Tarhalindur. Yet no one now has any interest in Setael/Tarhalindur. I find that fascinating.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1066 (isolation #96) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:14 am

Post by cicero »

Yeah. I am suspicious of Setael. I have to go back and re-read, but this was the game in which Tarhalindur posted his "I refuse to respond to cases" thing which struck me as scummy. And clearly not only me. Setael's own entrance to the game has been fairly lurktastic for her. Though in fairness the game isn't bustling.

The truth is I wanted to catch out people who were voting him/her day one but arent anymore. On my re-read though which I just did I just realised something. Here's the Setael 5 vote wagon:

KilGrey, Women's Rights, garbagetree, Saint Freak, Windshipper.

Only Windshipper is still active in this games. So it really only applies to Windshipper. I hadnt realised that. So bleh - not gonna catch much fish when they are all inactive SAers.

Anyway, she's in my suspect list as mafia. Yes.

Question for you, BM? What do you think of Tarhalindur's statement from yesterday about not responding to cases until endgame. Is that common for him?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1069 (isolation #97) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by cicero »

My case on Phate as I recall it is not fabulous. This game doesnt exactly have eight tons of evidence. My vote on Phate is based on his scummy cavalier entrance into the game and the fact that he mentioned a very obscure role. I am positing that he got that information from his role pm and not from the wiki.

Basic scumtell stuff. Wish I could give you better but I cant make a better case against anyone else at the moment.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1072 (isolation #98) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:54 am

Post by cicero »

Peers wrote:He's suspicious of everyone who isn't in his Mason group. :)
What does this mean, Peers old man? Do you know something I don't know?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1074 (isolation #99) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:01 am

Post by cicero »

We did indeed lose our cop to mod fiat. And only I know how ironic that is, given our mod. He may actually have been punishing me on purpose. :p

<-----------Rampant Paranoia FTW!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1075 (isolation #100) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:02 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:jesus christ we lost our doctor and cop...dammit
Unless you are scum... which means you were thinking "Yay!" when you wrote that. Which is why the above is a scumtell.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1079 (isolation #101) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:13 am

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:
cicero wrote:Yeah. I am suspicious of Setael. I have to go back and re-read, but this was the game in which Tarhalindur posted his "I refuse to respond to cases" thing which struck me as scummy. And clearly not only me. Setael's own entrance to the game has been fairly lurktastic for her. Though in fairness the game isn't bustling.

The truth is I wanted to catch out people who were voting him/her day one but arent anymore. On my re-read though which I just did I just realised something. Here's the Setael 5 vote wagon:

KilGrey, Women's Rights, garbagetree, Saint Freak, Windshipper.

Only Windshipper is still active in this games. So it really only applies to Windshipper. I hadnt realised that. So bleh - not gonna catch much fish when they are all inactive SAers.

Anyway, she's in my suspect list as mafia. Yes.

Question for you, BM? What do you think of Tarhalindur's statement from yesterday about not responding to cases until endgame. Is that common for him?
then here's an idea-why not try voting for Setael, if it is such an obviously popular lynch?
Because I'm voting for Phate. I'm a Phatalist. Our Phate is not known but I feel most sure that it is a dire Phate.

Plus, you didnt digest my answer. While answering you I noted that Tar's wagon is pretty much dead now so my sneaky reason got annulled.

I wont claim to have the best meta of Tar, but i followed his play closely in Stargate SG-1 (which i modded). I can honestly say that ive never seen Tar say that before, but i suppose having only really studied his play as scum, that may not be a balanced analysis. All i will say is, Tar takes being scum very seriously, and will take risks in order to go for a legendary victory. Dont expect him to look scummy as scum.
That's more my read as well. Indifference. The more I think about it the less I'de waste a vote there and the more happy I am with my Saint Freak Putsh.
oh and btw, i'm now upgrading my sureness of Cicero being scum upto 90%. Anyone else noticed how every post contains loaded language designed to make us assume that he is protown. He's pushing way too hard, far too often.
You have my soft-claim meta backwards. You'll figure that out in time but no rush. I'll probably have fixed it by then. Anyway, what's this loaded language you speak of? Please post it.
BM
CM
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1093 (isolation #102) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by cicero »

BM I'd like you to find me a game where I DON'T softclaim being townie. You are just way way waaaaaaaaay off base on that. I do it as town all the time. Pisses people off like crazy. In fact, I've just did it again in mafia 71. See - doesnt that just piss ya off.

FOS Battlemage
for ignoring my meta when he should damn well know better by now. And if he shouldnt know better then he doesnt have enough games with me to gauge my meta at all yet.

As for the jokes. Battlemage is right about that. And right to point it out. I usually play angrier. (I'm fairly certain he didnt even know I had a sense of humour. I do. It's quite delightful and can be quite the hit with the ladies.) But I just kinda stopped taking this game seriously. Quite the opposite of trying to survive. I stopped caring about surviving. Which is kinda crappy of me. Sorry. But I have had much juicier games to think about than this one.

This game is mostly dead and I'm sort of half annoyed at being forced, once again, to be the one who needs to kickstart it with some lines of inquiry so I threw out some half assed crap to see who'd bite. It's all half assed crap because this game has been allowed to lie dormant for weeks. Now we're three days from lynch and whoever gets lynched is going to get lynched on fumes. Just like yesterday. Mafia can win this game by eating potato chips and watching youtube videos. Lovely.

I guess it goes to prove that deadlines dont work without posting requirements.

/end whining and kvetching.

Mod consider including posting requirements on subsequent days?

~It will be adressed

I've called out the scumtells as I see them and there are scumtells on me too. Pick a wagon and let's start yellin'. There isnt much time.

~Mod: fixed bold tag
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1095 (isolation #103) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by cicero »

Oh my god. All that bold text of mine is an error. Skruffs can you fix that please?

Sorry all.

@windshipper. That's cool. Good luck with exams.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1096 (isolation #104) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:40 am

Post by cicero »

Setael wrote:Hey mcpaltp, what are your thoughts on Phate? I notice you haven't mentioned him once.
McPaltp ignored this. He's an ignorer.

FOS Mcpedipalp
(nod to Dripping Goofball there. :D )
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1097 (isolation #105) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:48 am

Post by cicero »

We could always just lynch Skitzer. Otherwise Skitzer will go straight to day 3. Have you lived this long before, Skitz? ;-)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1098 (isolation #106) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:59 am

Post by cicero »

OK - in all seriousness for a change:

CLAIM: I'm a mason. I'm town. I have a partner. Go vote somebody else.

It's two days from deadline. Now! I became a mason last night. I was nothing at the beginning of day one. The mod sent me a PM and poof. Now I am a mason.

What is more interesting is that my mason partner and I are
unconfirmed
to each other. That means he/she can't vouch for my innocence and I can't vouch for his/hers. At least not so far.

I'm not precisely sure of the mechanisms involved and why one should have an unconfirmed mason buddy. It seems weird to me. We discussed it in mafia discussion and I never did figure out the usefulness of it. However, one thing that did come out is that unconfirmed masons are vastly more likely to both be townies.

In addition, since the masoning happened to me last night and not on night one, I can only speculate, but our relationship may evolve to confirmed status over time. But this, again, is rampant speculation and probably worthless.

There's the facts, kiddies.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1101 (isolation #107) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:52 am

Post by cicero »

I have no idea whether we will remain unconfirmed. Ive never been in a situation where my role changed after day one. It's weird to me. We havent had a chance to talk yet either. I have absolutely no evidence to suggest we will later confirm each other.

I still don't get the point of the role, to be honest. Also note - this claim doesnt even prove MY innocence of anything. If my mason buddy could be scum, so could I. He has no reason to completely trust me. The message I got specifically said we are unconfirmed to each other. But the PM didnt use terms like "sibling" or "brothers" or "lovers" or anything like that.

Sorry for my error re: Mcpaltp. I
retract my FOS
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1105 (isolation #108) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:44 am

Post by cicero »

Do I strike you as the panicky type, Battle Mage? You are miles away from lynching me but close enough to deadline that I want to avoid a No Lynch. My claim will also hurt the town very little but will generate discussion.
1. What role did your original role pm contain?
2. Does your mason buddy know who you are?
3. Have you spoke yet?
1. Vanilla townie.
2. Yep.
3. Nope.

How else can I be of service?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1106 (isolation #109) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:47 am

Post by cicero »

Peers wrote:... holy shit, I was right?

I'm sorry, man, I was just jokin' around...
That was why my ears went "awoooo" like scooby doo when you said it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1109 (isolation #110) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:06 am

Post by cicero »

Mod Can you please prod my unconfirmed mason buddy. Tell them it's important.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1110 (isolation #111) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:09 am

Post by cicero »

Peers wrote:Why the hell can't I guess right like that when it actually matters?
Mafia is like playing Pinata in a gymnasium.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1112 (isolation #112) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:17 am

Post by cicero »

We are unconfirmed as to alignment not as to identity. He doesnt know if I'm scum. I dont know if he's scum.

All I can tell you is in mafia discussion such roles were said to be vastly more likely to be town but even that was a matter of conjecture. I dont trust that my mason partner is town whatsoever.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1114 (isolation #113) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:26 am

Post by cicero »

Peers wrote:So you're claiming to be a Mason with someone who needs prodding.

Convenient.
Frank Darabont in The Shawshank Redemption wrote:
D.A.
You claim you threw your gun into
the Royal River before the murders
took place. That's rather convenient.

ANDY
It's the truth.

D.A.
You recall Lt. Mincher's testimony?
He and his men dragged that river
for three days and nary a gun was
found. So no comparison can be made
between your gun and the bullets
taken from the bloodstained corpses
of the victims. That's also rather
convenient, isn't it, Mr. Dufresne?

ANDY
(faint, bitter smile)
Since I am innocent of this crime,
sir, I find it decidedly inconvenient
the gun was never found.

FADE TO BLACK: STH TITLE UP
FYI.

My partner's a good sort. I expect he'll turn up if prodded. If not I'll tell you who he is on deadline day.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1116 (isolation #114) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:44 am

Post by cicero »

Works for me. What's your case BESIDES my claim, Porochaz? Who else do you suspect? who dont you?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1119 (isolation #115) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:24 am

Post by cicero »

Good posting. Porochaz feels like grade A townie to me.

What's wrong with my vote on Phate, exactly. I can't see a better case against anyone else right now, personally.

Do you see an irony on jdodge popping out from lurking to finger someone else for lurking and then going back to lurking? Does anyone else? Jdodge, why are you lurking?

Battlemage, are you being more careful than usual? You certainly don't seem any less wrong than usual (from where I'm sitting...). I have made a note to self to figure out how to read Battle Mage. He's actually grown a kind of lynch immunity now :).

Skitzer though, you have a good point about Skitzer. How do you respond Skitzer? Are you being more careful than usual?

Actually before I call your points good about Battlemage and Skitzer, could you back them up for me. What do you flag as an example of more careful play for them both. Give an example of what they did that normal BM and Skitzer would not have done.

Can you quote that Windshipper line for me?

What does everyone else think of Porochaz's observations?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1124 (isolation #116) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:00 am

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:actually if its all the same Cicero, why dont you claim your alleged mason buddy? Then when he turns up, he can agree, or disagree.
Unless i hear a confirmed buddy claim by deadline, you will be lynched.
My will be done.

In the meantime, lets run him up a few more votes.

BM
I'm gonna do...

what I said I was gonna do...

when I said I was gonna do it!

Capish?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1127 (isolation #117) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:15 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:cicero is using innuendo to claim townie. I think that's a big scumtell.

HoS: cicero
that's bordering on a vote.

Wow. That IS you playing cautious. Porochaz is right.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1131 (isolation #118) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:33 am

Post by cicero »

I would like $100 every time you say you are 95% sure anyone is scum and they turn out to be town. I have student loans to pay off.

People, Battlemage is fucking with you. He is 95% sure I am town and I am now 95% sure he is scum and pushing my mislynch. Caught ya, ya bastard.

unvote Phate. Vote Battlemage
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1136 (isolation #119) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:41 am

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:
unvote cicero

Vote: Battle Mage

BM wrote: actually if its all the same Cicero, why dont you claim your alleged mason buddy?
BM wrote: Anyone not voting Cicero atm, ought to either do so, or explain how his actions could POSSIBLY correspond to a protown player.
Seriously, asking a mason to out his mason buddy for his mason buddy? They may be unconfirmed, yes, but in the event that neither of them are mafia, the mafia now has two easy targets to take out. What the christ, man? Explain how THAT'S pro-town. Not only that, but pushing HARD to get a claimed mason lynched. How is THAT pro-town?
What Windshipper said.

Plus anyone can tell I'm poking and prodding to generate discussion. Battlemage is completely ignoring it. I am poking in the corners. I dont expect BM to believe me necessarily but I expect him to express some misgivings.

Seeing neither I do hereby smack him with my mighty vote stick. Swat Swat.

Battlemage has never seen me play as scum (including now). He has no idea how I play as town or scum. Hell he doesnt even know if Im town or scum in any of the games we're in together because I havent died in any of them yet. He knows my alignment in one game because he's modding it and that. is. it. The number of games he's seen me play in can be counted on one hand, by the way. So his 95% sure, push to get me to out my mason partner before absolutely necessary is pretty scummy.

Since we're unconfirmed masons it's not even that relevant to know who he is at this point. For your purposes I've claimed vanilla townie. So if you think my actions are scummy vote for me. If you think someone elses actions are scummier.... vote Battlemage.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1139 (isolation #120) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:44 am

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:WTF? I'm 95% sure you are town? Are you having reading difficulties, or is this just more of your propaganda again? :roll:
Well... there ARE too scum factions... I had to account for that. My math wasnt too careful though. I suppose THAT's a lynchable offense. :roll:

What I am saying Battlemage is that you are Stinky P. McScummypants. That is all.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1140 (isolation #121) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:44 am

Post by cicero »

EBWOP: too = two
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1151 (isolation #122) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:Also, cicero:
Do you have any idea if your mason buddy is just a regular mason or if he's a mason recruiter? If he's a recruiter, he
should not
claim at all. Shit, even if he's just a regular mason, he shouldn't claim unless we're about to lynch him. Masons are helpful to the town as they're townies who know who each other are. From my limited experience (playing less than a year), mafia masons are pretty much just a hoo-doo story like the boogieman to keep people honest (so to speak). It's up to him to claim if he wants to, but, 9/10 the masons won't have a mafia mason. Fucking ESPECIALLY if he's a recruiter.
A mason recruiter would make sense. The role pm says pretty directly that somene came to see me. The evidence I have that he recruited me is only that my role changed after the first day. I'm glad you pointed this out. I didnt know there was such a thing as a mason recruiter.

My PM did however say we were unconfirmed to each other. I still havent gotten a chance to talk to him yet. I get to talk to him tonight. Actually your recruiter thing makes a ton of sense with respect to other things as well. (Cant reveal those though). Most interesting. Now I feel bad about claiming. :P

Still I still dont get the point. If we are all unconfirmed, what's the point of the night talk anyway? I still dont get that.

Anyway, whatever. None of this points to me being town or scum in anyway. I threw some bait and battlemage just had to gobble it. That's all I see. He's gobbled all my bait the last few days and I didnt think he was scum until this went down. He knows better. I mean Ive seen HIM as a mason hold out for his mason partner to claim. I learned how to handle this correctly FROM HIM in another game. He knows better. So yeah...

Confirm Vote. Battlemage

If
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1162 (isolation #123) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote: fyi, typically in cases where players become masons, they are both able to find each other each night. Cicero has denied and ruled out such suggestion. There is no such thing as a Mason Recruiter. You're getting confused with a Cult, kiddo. :P
My mason buddy came and we became mason buddies. The following night...tonight...we get to talk. This is all I know. What have I ruled out? If he can recruit more people it seems like a cult but I have no knowledge of any win conditions that are different from the town's.

You are right, there are masons that need to find each other through subtle posting choices but that is not the mechanism at work here. It's non sequitur.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1164 (isolation #124) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by cicero »

Peers wrote:
Unvote vote: BattleMage

cicero doesn't have the nards to falseclaim 'former vanilla townie turned recruited unconfirmed Mason' on day two after a Mason joke. Pushing for him to out the recruiter is amazingly bad form.
This man speaks true. I have big nards but not that big. Also I am not much of a gambit scummer yet. I dont have the experience to pull it off so why bother. I'll save that shit for a year from now when I'm way more bored and way more wise.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1170 (isolation #125) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by cicero »

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cult

This could indeed be a pro-town cult thing going down. Named masons though because the stuff didnt include the word cult at all. Whether my mason buddy dies if he recruits mafia, as is suggested therein, is unknown to me. For now all I know is last night I got myself a buddy and we're called masons. That's it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1176 (isolation #126) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by cicero »

Battlemage, I am almost 100% inexperienced at scum. Seriously it's fucking ridiculous how inexperienced I am.

The other thing - I do need to correct Peers a little bit - I had already said I had stopped caring about living in this game earlier, so no one can know that this is not a bizarre gambit. But I don't think I would do something as bizarre as scum. I had no idea anyone was coming to my rescue here. Windshipper and I pretty much simulposted our attack on Battlemage.

I figured:
a) This game is dead.
b) This game sucks.
c) I'm bored.
d) I'm a vanilla townie with an unconfirmed mason partner
e) WTF good is an unconfirmed mason partner anyway. That's just dumb.
f) I know what it's good for...POKIN' STUFF!!

So I poked.

And I gotcha.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1178 (isolation #127) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by cicero »

Jesus Christ, Battle Mage, Google Searches FTW

That was tough. :p

For once I'm really glad Something Awful was here. Thanks Windshipper.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1182 (isolation #128) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by cicero »

I find BMs behavior opportunistic and inconsistent with other games where he is, in fact, a mason and not begging us to lynch him to prove it.

The only thing that makes me doubt voting him is, in fact, his rage. But it's easy to stage rage. Does anyone actually have experience with Battle Mage as confirmed scum in this game or do we all have some meta-homework to do? Will he throw convincing tantrums as scum?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1190 (isolation #129) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:59 am

Post by cicero »

I would never call you something like Bowel Movement, BM.

I enjoy playing mafia with you and do it in lots of games. The ad hominems between you and windshipper are your own thing.

No time to post more right now.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1199 (isolation #130) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:50 am

Post by cicero »

Skitzer, can you switch your avatar picture back to the cat with the watermelon helmet for me?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1201 (isolation #131) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:52 am

Post by cicero »

Oh and don't ignore Setael, Skitzer. It's highly impolite.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1202 (isolation #132) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:54 am

Post by cicero »

I dont know about taylor and migle. I just know that that helmet kitten is you, dude.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1205 (isolation #133) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:59 am

Post by cicero »

Cats rule. Just like your recent posts. Keep it up.

Why is Jdodge still alive again? "Lurk lurk Cicero isnt hunting lurkers Lurk Lurk Lurk"

Could Mcpaltp wagonride any more transparently? "Ooh da votes r over here now. me go dere den".

These are the questions inquiring minds want to know. OK. They arent questions they are thinly disguised FOS accusations. You caught me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1207 (isolation #134) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:02 am

Post by cicero »

Kid Nation should turn into Battle Royale during sweeps week. People actually make avatars out of the people on that show? really. Christ. Writers strike must end now.

Im off to the bar. It's Friday and unlike some I am licensed to imbibe. Later skaters.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1213 (isolation #135) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by cicero »

We should lynch the scummiest lurker. Honestly, to do anything else is a crime against humanity and catmanity both.

Deadline got bumped back to the 21st.

If Jdodge always lurks I should always lynch jdodge. I fucking hate fucking lurkers. fuck. Skitzer don't tell your parents I swore. That word just means "backgammon". Ask them what that means instead.

unvote. vote jdodge
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1215 (isolation #136) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:13 am

Post by cicero »

if jdodge wont change
then yes we should lynch him, when players like Phate have been lynched
, that way were lynching people for scummieness rather than their playstyle.
When should we lynch him? At some time far in the future. Endgame maybe? Why put off for tomorrow what can be done today?

By the way, I really don't know jdodge's playstyle at all for the record, other than what's going on in here. He isnt someone I have a meta on. But I think you can look at my sig and find my opinion on the subject. It's more "Cicero is an anti-town policy lyncher" evidence for Windshipper.

@Mcpaltp - since according to you lynching anybody at all is cool, maybe we should just lynch you?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1235 (isolation #137) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:59 am

Post by cicero »

To be fair to battlemage, I didnt claim that exactly, other people figured it out.

jdodge isnt making me want to lynch him at the moment.
unvote vote Phate

Still our best play. At least until I read Battlemage's scum games and find his "scum meta".
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1238 (isolation #138) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:04 am

Post by cicero »

Battlemage, before you call people morons you should know that when/if I die or the game ends you'll have to wipe the egg off your face. so chill on the tone, yo.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1240 (isolation #139) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:06 am

Post by cicero »

Are you role dangling is the better question, BM. Way to infer superpowers. It's like begging scum to NK you.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1252 (isolation #140) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by cicero »

I've never encountered a mason recruiter before. When I got the pm from skruffs I found myself wondering if he was changing Theo's game mid-way. The idea of deliberate recruitment didnt occur to me in the least because of the way the PM was phrased - basically that we were unconfirmed to each other. It makes sense to me now, but it wasnt in my mind at the time.

People should bear in mind - I didnt claim this in order to save my skin. My skin wasnt at risk. I did it to generate some chit chat. If I had realised the implications - the existence of a good guy mason recruiter - I would have kept my idiot mouth shut.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1254 (isolation #141) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by cicero »

To be honest Id rather leave that debate unresolved. Scum dont need any more info then Ive already given them. But I think Ive already answered that. They came to me.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1256 (isolation #142) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:52 pm

Post by cicero »

So can we lynch a lurker now or something?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1269 (isolation #143) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:13 am

Post by cicero »

I thought BM made a good point there, to be honest. ^

I cant really conceive of how I am a likely partner for BM. But once one enters the WIFOM BUS THEORY ZONE anything is possible I guess.

Mod can you prod the inactive players and let us know which ones answer their prods
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1272 (isolation #144) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:21 am

Post by cicero »

BM speaks truth above. ^
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1275 (isolation #145) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 am

Post by cicero »

Of course they do. :roll:

If I had stayed quiet on the subject you would have taken that as confirmation as well.

Here's the thing: Scumhunting is hard. In early game it is DAMN hard. Creating connections between two players at this stage is even harder. Placing your vote based on an imagined bussing scenario on day 2 is extremely unwise.

So to me you just look like scum trying to push a mislynch just like when you prodded me for not voting lurkers while you yourself were lurking.

Here is where I am at:

On the one hand, I think Battlemage's attacks on me are odd and tenacious enough that I almost think he's been doing what I've been doing. Fighting just to generate content and reactions. He seems too single minded otherwise. On the other hand, with apologies to BM for what I am about to say, I have come to live by two simple rules in my games with BM:

1. Battlemage is always wrong.
2. Battlemage is always town.

Neither of these rules are actually correct of course, but they are excellent rules of thumb. Battlemage plays as follows as town: Battlemage doesnt want to jump on bandwagons, he wants to create them. So Battlemage creates a theory on someone. He flags them, for whatever reason, as scum. Then he is practically undissuadable. His confirmation bias is extreme. Battlemage may give up the case on someone for a bit to jump on another juicy target and then jump back later but for the most part he wants to be in the driver's seat. He gets more and more aggressive and frustrated when other people can't see what he sees.

This is what I am seeing happen now.

Jdodge KNOWS this about battlemage. I'm sure of it. Which is why his recent "lynch BM under all these theories" stands out to me and why I am happy to flag the bad logic.

On the other hand, BM was all in favor of screaming tell me who your mason partner is, which normally is a very poor play. Given the weirdness of my claim and BM's previous suspicion of me, it is somewhat understandable but nevertheless almost had me willing to lynch him.

So what is scummier of me Jdodge - voting for BM or NOT voting for BM? I'd like to know.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1281 (isolation #146) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:27 am

Post by cicero »

Battlemage as scum in completed games:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4636

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5525

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=475

Only one of them is long enough to be telling. Draw your own conclusions.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1293 (isolation #147) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:51 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:Correction: I'm not cicero, nor do I ever wish to be. /scream.
You should be so lucky, kid. Still, turning into me would mean instantly aging by 19 years. I wouldnt wish that on anyone.

The last paragraph in 1288 by you was good posting.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1316 (isolation #148) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:53 am

Post by cicero »

I'm sorry - my last post against BM was some time ago, largely was opposed to lynching him, and I think Im voting for Phate...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1318 (isolation #149) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by cicero »

Oh BM you are such a silly ducky.

/pinches his cheeks.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1328 (isolation #150) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:12 am

Post by cicero »

hehe. now THAT is :goodposting:.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1330 (isolation #151) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:28 am

Post by cicero »

Deadline is December 21 I believe. It was pushed back one week.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1358 (isolation #152) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:52 pm

Post by cicero »

Folks we all need to lynch someone now. Srsly.

Mod: request votecount
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1370 (isolation #153) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by cicero »

It would be really funny to have Phate auto-lynch himself and turn up scum.

Gambit = teh phail.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1374 (isolation #154) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:57 am

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:
Phate wrote:Wasn't the deadline yesterday?
*Voice of Carl* Shut Up!

:p
Phate says he no like no lynch... then phate try to remind mod to make no lynch happen?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1394 (isolation #155) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by cicero »

Woot. My first ever nightkilling. Go town!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1550 (isolation #156) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 am

Post by cicero »

The arsonist wins.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1553 (isolation #157) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:54 am

Post by cicero »

ah. well yes. Good point. So yes... suspense. I'll stop talking again now and wait for Skruff's dynamic conclusion.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1558 (isolation #158) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:27 am

Post by cicero »

Gratz Porochaz!

And grats to all of us for turning the game into SOMETHING after the awful somethings debacle.

And thanks to Skruffs for subbing in and picking up the mod mantle after Theopor got workblocked.

:)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1566 (isolation #159) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by cicero »

How did the poisoning mechanic work exactly?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”