shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:27 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Adel wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:Adel why did you try to push that off to an ongoing game? Seems rather trivial to lie about.
I knew he was active from other games we are in.
mmkay. But it's pretty standard practice to mention such occurances. You can say so and so was active on site without siting the game.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Adel »

And it is pretty standard to dodge a question by saying that you aren't going to cite ongoing games.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Near »

Finally sitting down and reading the posts from the beginning! I am jotting down things that I find interesting. I am using the + and - notations to indicate whether the cited post makes a player more or less likely to be a scum. For example CKD+ means that in my opinion CKD is more likely to be a scum as result of the post

Post 119. Armlx says that he's 80% sure on Adel and Shaft and only 40% sure on CKD, but still votes CKD, says he's smacking Pooky too hard for wrong reasons. (CKD+)

Post 124: CKD says he understands Shaft's reasoning for voting him (CKD+) But his accusations on Adel (rather than defending himself) sounds pretty geniune (CKD-)

Post 170: armlx says "One scum wont vote for the other even when he's digging his own grave, but tries to look suspicious of him to distance himself. How cute. " then votes for shaft.ed (shafted+++)

post 183: shafted's famous post that removed suspicions from all that suspected him EXCEPT armlx. Why didn't armlx go with the "bandwagon" and give shafted a pardon? It was a very convincing post, indeed. Stubborn distancing that, in armlx's mind, its benefits outweighed the suspicions that might be directed to him for not being convinced by a convincing post. (shafted++)

I also want to make another note, shafted post in 183 was smart in both cases 1)if he was a scum 2) if he's a townie. if he was a townie, he probably meant it and planned the whole thing from the beginning. 2) if he was a scum, he probably came up with reasons behind his actions AFTER THE FACT. I am hesitant to believe that there are more than handful of people smart enough to actually plan this (i.e when he was accusing Adel). therefore, in my mind, 2) is more likely. (shafted+)

Post 246: TG goes against the crowd and says armlx is neutral and difficult to read. He says this even though armlx is on the same team as him and therefore TG cannot vote against armlx. A scum could have found this as a convenient way to suspect his partner (a scum) without actually contributing to vote against him (TG--)

Post 252: armlx (who's at L-1) says: "With Adele jumping in early on such a low threshold as well as following all my votes and the TG votes early is really suspicious" A scum before death trying to incriminate a innocent? (Adele-, TG-)

Post 314: TG says: " I am completely swooning over Pooky and Adel. There's a reason why Adel is crystalline logic and Pooky just came through with the resolution of an after-school special. I am held under their sway not because of charisma, but by the involiable stuff of credibility. They make complete and perfect sense and are actually playing the game. " (TG++) Hard to explain this one. Even though it sounds like TG is trying to buddy up with Pooky and Adel, but it's so full of scummy flavor, I was somewhat hesitant to count this.

Post 328: All Pooky says is: "Armlx=total scum. "
Six minutes later. Post 329: TG says: "For once I tend to agree with Pooky. His post feels a little barnacle-y, in addition he was barnacle-y to Adel's playstyle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't two barnacles make a scum?" (TG++++)

First of all, all Pooky says is one sentence, without any explanation. Yet TG jumps on the bandwagon against Armlx, who he considered "neutral and difficult to read" prior to this. "little barnacle-y"? "two barnacles make a scum"?

I can't suppress my mind from screaming "just lynch TG"

Post 350: Votes against Jive Machine by accusing him of "It's been more than 72 hours since you've promised content." [TG+]

WOW AND FINALLY 351, 353, 354
SEALS IT
for me.

In 351 he calls armlx "acting as scummy as possible". And then, unfos-es armlx because he "agrees with armlx's assessment on CKD"?!! What? [TG++]
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Near »

I am re-reading my post.. to see if it makes sense.

breathe in...
breathe out...

Vote: TG
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

such dramatics...that should be the lynch, any last words TG?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

A bit surprised you dropped a vote after that analysis Near. Your scoring put me tied with TG yet he was the obvscum after it was all said and done.
Near wrote:In 351 he calls armlx "acting as scummy as possible". And then, unfos-es armlx because he "agrees with armlx's assessment on CKD"?!! What? [TG++]
So I guess you're not running with that CKD is scum idea anymore?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Near »

shaft.ed wrote:A bit surprised you dropped a vote after that analysis Near. Your scoring put me tied with TG yet he was the obvscum after it was all said and done.
Near wrote:In 351 he calls armlx "acting as scummy as possible". And then, unfos-es armlx because he "agrees with armlx's assessment on CKD"?!! What? [TG++]
So I guess you're not running with that CKD is scum idea anymore?
Yes, I realize I'd look pretty suspicious whether or not TG turns out scum. But in my defense (sort of) I got pretty worked up and emotional.

Oh well, I know saying this could make me more suspicious, but: I wish I can take back my vote.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Near »

As for CKD, yes, I changed my mind. What was a hunch before, I don't think it's him.

Also, I didn't even realize that you had same number of +'s as TG, I didn't actually count. I didn't even finish reading all the posts. I just reached a stage where I was certain it was TG... and I acted on it.
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:16 pm

why would you look suspicious if TG turns out to be scum?

wait what? you want to take your vote back?..why? What has changed in between voting and now?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

Near wrote: But in my defense (sort of) I got pretty worked up and emotional.
About what, and why?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by vollkan »

Near wrote: Oh well, I know saying this could make me more suspicious, but: I wish I can take back my vote.
Near wrote: I just reached a stage where I was certain it was TG... and I acted on it.
How are these two posts cogent with each other? You were certain, but now you aren't?

As CKD said: What changed?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Near »

vollkan wrote:
About what, and why?
I don't know the answer to either question.

But, I just do. And it happens pretty frequently to me in real life and it already happened once in the newbie game. When I start to think I have a pretty good idea on who the mafia is, I seem to go into this "emotional mode" where I get scared. Does it ever happen to you guys?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:23 pm

But what changed in between your vote and your regret?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by vollkan »

Near wrote:
vollkan wrote:
About what, and why?
I don't know the answer to either question.

But, I just do. And it happens pretty frequently to me in real life and it already happened once in the newbie game. When I start to think I have a pretty good idea on who the mafia is, I seem to go into this "emotional mode" where I get scared. Does it ever happen to you guys?
Reference me to you losing control in a Newbie game.

I don't like this. It's just giving yourself an out for irrationality. I might get a bit tunnel-visioned when an interogatee begins to implode, but I certainly don't get into a "scared" (wtf are you scared about?) emotional state.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: But what changed in between your vote and your regret?
Yes. Answer this, Near.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Near wrote:I am re-reading my post.. to see if it makes sense.
Near wrote:Also, I didn't even realize that you had same number of +'s as TG, I didn't actually count. I didn't even finish reading all the posts. I just reached a stage where I was certain it was TG... and I acted on it.
So methinks TG's turning up town, right Near? Care to save us the time for Claus to log in?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Near »

curiouskarmadog wrote:why would you look suspicious if TG turns out to be scum?

wait what? you want to take your vote back?..why? What has changed in between voting and now?
I was thinking this even when I was analyzing TG toward the end, that if TG turns scum, I'd look suspicious BECAUSE it would be look like I am bussing TG. I was not at all convinced it was TG just a few posts ago, all of the sudden, I think it's TG who is sitting at L-1 RIGHT AFTER vollkan expresses his opinion that he's willing to vote against him. That's what concerned me.

Yes, I wanted to take my vote back. I don't knwo! I wasn't sure anymore.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Near »

vollkan wrote:
Near wrote: Oh well, I know saying this could make me more suspicious, but: I wish I can take back my vote.
Near wrote: I just reached a stage where I was certain it was TG... and I acted on it.
How are these two posts cogent with each other? You were certain, but now you aren't?

As CKD said: What changed?
They are related to each other because 1) I thought people would be suspicious BECAUSE I reacted all suddenly SO 2) I explained my unusual circumstances for it.

Yes, I was certain at the time. THat's why I voted.

And yes, almost immediately after I submitted vote, I wasn't sure anymore. I kept hitting refresh wanting to hear Adel's or CKD's approval.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Near »

curiouskarmadog wrote:But what changed in between your vote and your regret?
My guess is: I calmed down.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Near »

shaft.ed wrote:
Near wrote:Also, I didn't even realize that you had same number of +'s as TG, I didn't actually count. I didn't even finish reading all the posts. I just reached a stage where I was certain it was TG... and I acted on it.
So methinks TG's turning up town, right Near? Care to save us the time for Claus to log in?
Is what I did that suspicious? Really?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Near »

Reference me to you losing control in a Newbie game.

Removed Reference to an ongoing game
-- Claus
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Near wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Is what I did that suspicious? Really?
Well usually scum will wait to express regret for their vote until after their mislynch turns up town. It really really feels like you are setting up for explaining your way out of a mislynch. I guess time will tell.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Claus »

Wow, you guys sure get chatty after a good firing. Let's get rid of TG!

* Kick *

And his folder reads... Ah!
Good Doctor
! That was a mislynch, sorry. It is now Free Time assignment number three. Let me check doctor House's instructions.

Really? How strange.

Well, anyway, House said so, so here is your task for the FTA: you have to discuss among yourselves, and attribute an AGE in YEARS for each player in the game, based on their playstyle. No two players can have the same age.

I'll let you discuss for a while how to decide this.

Also, since it is the FTA, the bad doctors can talk between themselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Ummm.. I have no idea how we are going to coordinate such a system. How about we all put in an age and then average the tallies of each players submissions? Maybe allow the most pro-town players to go last so that scum can't rig the system?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Near »

shaft.ed wrote:
FOS = Shafted
for being the first to "know" TG will turn town and trying to blame me for it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”