Newbie 588 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Grum »

I'm not sure how many mafia are there? and

Fos- rolandofthewhite thats just jumpy
btw way why the random votes isn't it safer to fos people and narrow down possibilities?
At all times I are confusing... Is my hobby..
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Grum »

that is a good point...i'm so bad at this lol. cat is odd for being so quick, i'm unsure but still...

Fos cat
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Grum »

so how long do these take generally?
also ^ has an awesome avvy lol
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Grum »

Okay... suspicious poke lol alright I'm not sure i want to get random voted for this but i had to lol what is it i'm looking for? <total newb
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Grum »

every thing seems to support the fos on rolandofthewhite for me i'm thinking about this as a crossover probably just for now though till proven otherwise...
vote rolandofthewhite
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Grum »

again still a newb but if your just random voting its fine but it seems jumpy of you as i said and your reasons are alitle strange also your intimidating lol okay not so much the last one... prove me wrong and i'll unvote...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Grum »

agreed
unvote

and i'll hold off on revoting due to bandwagon reasons but that is very suspisious. explain for us please...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Grum »

The World No.1 Noob wrote:lol i didn't disappear, im just watching XD, the mafias know who each other are right? cos some ppl have been cooperating with each other quite well
who has? i'm sorry if it seems like i'm hoppy its just well it was my first vote ever and i was excited but then realized its to early for me to make these moves other people look more suspisious than roland but he did scare me a litle...
so whos the scumiest to me
1. cat
2. mafiamurkrow(i also h8 poke mon lol)
3. goborage
4. roland
this is all just speculation and since roland is so far down the list i unvoted him he might just be on to something...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Grum »

Mafiamurkrow wrote:@Grum: When did I say I hated Pokemon?
lol no i meant also as a side note, i hate poke mon i'm just joking XD around

every thing i've been saying is just speculation from me and others through reasoning personally i don't care so long as i don't get night killed :)
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Grum »

rolandofthewhite wrote:I think he said camisade and I.
yep thats what he said... and i might beleive it but not all that much you guys are just, well, better at this so far.
well it looks like i haven't missed that much on my little vacation...
any one else notice how extremely tense it is around here? theres only..i think 2 mafia in this game or is it three still we have allies so lets take it down a notch k?
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Grum »

cuz hes crazy, i haven't because the internet has been down in the south west part of my town all day long banks close it was that bad. any how why would i need to explain the fos when every one else has said it them selves i'm just keeping an eye out for real threats and that list is the most accurate of who i'm suspicious of.
adding dave to the list as well as no1 newb for lurking but at the bottom their just new and don't know not to lurk...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Grum »

well then i'll do it cuz he need to post soon again anyway and at this point i don't care for him because hes a pokemon luber! terrible reason alone but hes been inactive. also i'm not his partner, if bandwagon was the reason behind everything no one would be lynched, and he lurks.
vote mafiamurkrow
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Grum »

well i agree with him so i'll make an official prod request plz?

Prodding!! - Vel
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Grum »

WELL I'M WAITING FOR MAFIAMURKROWS RESPONSE SO...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Grum »

I don't know if this sounds hypocritical but #1 noob kind of strikes me as a scummy person due to the nature of that hammer a little too strong for suspicion. I wanted to hear the role claim first... guess we find out in a bad way...
FOS #1 noob
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Grum »

lol i'm going to assume your suspicious of me cuz i was suspicious of you... thats fair but why(do i talk to much?) and what about camisade and dave... well it seems dave is a little quiet... thats not really a reason to cause any suspicion though but to be safe keep an eye out for lurking. camisade seems a little upset about noobs and-- wait i am a noob... uhh camisade i didn't say anything lol...
#1 noob I'd say its a doctor in this game and they won't talk out now because thats just a targeting system for the mafia to kill him/her it just screams kill me doesn't it?
so my conclusion is #1 noob is exactly as him name states he is... the #1 noob here... no offense.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Grum »

I don't know that just seems like hes being a valuable player to me. while it does set up murkrow to be on defensive, it is seemingly an effective way to get people to talk... if he throws accusations out there at random (not naming anyone rolandofthewhite...). my current thought is that abstract is really the most valuable player at the moment, calm and collect.

also i have to say your comment is rather funny...
This is finger-pointing, an attempt to make Mafiamurkrow look scummy.
followed in the same post by:
FOS: Abstract Actuary
fingers everywhere!!
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Grum »

what about 2 goons, sane doc, sane cop, 5 town?
thats my guess...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Grum »

i thinks hes saying that if mafia claim doc and the doc claims doc then they will both be targeted by town for lynching and if the doc shows up as doc when lynched then the fake is shown as just that... fake. then town lynches the fake. he then asks is it worth the docs death for one mafias or is it not.
the answer is usually no...
the evidence is clear last night the doc saved some one for all you know he/she saved you... what your asking makes you a likely target however as it seems your interest in the doc is only because you might be it.
if thats the case you have already made yourself clear as a doc yourself wondering if you should reveal yourself as doc... but then if you claim it some one else might say their the doc... so you best hope your right about that question... why cuz you practically just did state it... IMO anyways correct me if I'm wrong...

Official Vote Count

Abstract Actuary - 1 (goborage)

Not Voting - 7 (Abstract Actuary, camisade, Cat_Killer, Dave, Grum, rolandofthewhite, The World No.1 Noob)

5 to Lynch
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Grum »

goborage wrote:OK so what Grum is saying is that #1noob is subconsciously claiming doctor by discussing doc-claim scenarios?
yes and what does capitalization have to do with anything? In here, as an example, I have only not capitalized one word,"yes" where it needs be I'm sorry that when I write quickly I forget to caps lock my post. Its ridiculous for you to request that. This would be easier if I just said it now, I'm a German major at my school, German happens to capitalize every noun. I'm sorry I don't capitalize more often. Now I am done complaining.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Grum »

It was an observation trying to help #1... and I'm sorry about that earlier post I was a little over hyped there. I just can't stand being pointed out for grammar errors. /facepalm the question is do we have a doc or is mafia playing with us?
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Grum »

I'm trying to help out #1 here... I said the evidence is clear then...i thought I said somewhere that mafia might be screwing with us didn't I?... at lest thats what I was thinking so I asked is there or isn't there in accordance to what someone else said about cop doc and 5 town or what ever... I was trying to get back on topic and now I'm being attacked...(I hate this I'm totally defensive here) look back at what I've said more carefully. I just have a bad time explaining my thoughts... which turns into a ramble... and #1 your right I didn't see that... good point.

goborage one question why are you so very offensive it throws us into a defensive position which as seen with mafiamurkrow isn't helpfull... am I the only one seeing this?
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Grum »

How exactly does your post help #1noob? You're accusing him of being a doctor in front of the entire town. If anything it looks like you're trying to get him NK'd.
that's what I'm trying to get him to avoid...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Grum »

Sorry about that I did overreact there I think progresive observation and logical claims is the correct way to win not just pointing fingers at people because their confused...
Any how I'll try not to leave words uncapitalized. So whos been absent from the forums it seems like( aside from those on vacation like cat killa) people are lurking around here. lets assume that we have a doc and a cop, and then we can progress.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Grum »

Something that just came to me while rereading the last two pages of post is how agressive and un helpfull Goborage is. He is missleading the majority of us first he votes no vote then votes abstract then fos me. he seems very scummy through out the whole thing.

BTW i'm having comp issues at home so I can only post from work(yes i know its unproductive work ethics!) so I can only vote once a day most likely

FOS Goborage
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Grum »

Finger of suspicion... Any more questions? Hope i can help you with them :D
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Grum »

@ goborage because for the sake of my sanity I would like to think we do. does this really matter? if so why?

@ roland why are you so suspicious of me? aside from me being confusing...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Grum »

Internet has been down and it looks like I missed very little. I'm going to try and be adult here with out getting mad. Could you please correct my grammar if it is too bad for you to understand at times? PM me if you can, I'm not sure if thats illegal due to mafia rules I have missed.

I wish to apologize for my previous behavior. I'm sorry.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Grum »

wow is it just me or did #1 just get really experienced out of nowhere? nice deducting skills IMO... well I'll have to reread and rethink things here because my first list was all a hunch... post back later...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Grum »

I think it scares him a little because you are such an experienced player and thats just what a skilled mafia player would do...
Like the #1 thing, I am again saying it seems mafia to be so very pro town and suggesting that, it is intimidating...
I beleive you are town but your skill makes it easier to cover up scumminess. At that I am a little scared.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Grum »

Been away and from what I've read so far it seems that AA is only on defense and gobarage is still attacking every one its looking like AA is just being usefull but not worthy of being pro town(yet only because hes on defense) I'll hold off on my opinion of him because I want to see some real help out of him... as for gobarage... still pushing way to much and not helping with it.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #31) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Grum »

camisade wrote:
Grum wrote:Been away and from what I've read so far it seems that AA is only on defense and gobarage is still attacking every one its looking like AA is just being usefull but not worthy of being pro town(yet only because hes on defense) I'll hold off on my opinion of him because I want to see some real help out of him... as for gobarage... still pushing way to much and not helping with it.
Haha, have we not said anything to you about this before? Gobo is just scumhunting and he is obviously the most town looking player at this point. I don't know why you keep posting about gobo's playstyle. And you should post your opinion on AA.
Honestly I like AA hes really being helpful in my eyes and heres the thing. I posted that again about gobo for one reason I wanted him to taste his own medicine in a sense and push him around a little to see what he did. He confermed my thinking. Hes acting very scummy. pointing fingures at people to much to in a sense get people to look away from himself. Now I will post my list of suspision, because I was waiting for him.

here it is:

1. Gobo(reasons just mentioned)
2. Cat killer(been quiet lately)
3. Dave(quiet but still active maybe not knowing what hes doing)
4. # 1 noob(really iffy on this one)

I have my own way of picking out scum I may be wrong and just have a confilicting opinion with Gobo but, I'm going ahead with this...
Vote Goborage
[b/]
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #32) » Fri May 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Grum »

Goborage you make me die a little on the inside. I have a tendency of making my meanings a little faint and you just used it as a weapon, but thats expected from you. When I say I like AA its not some kind of love thing or any kind of favoritism. I like his calm collect train of thought. It's a useful trait in the game. I've been trying to keep this from being a back and forth arguement between the two of us. However you apperently can not control your self from throwing obvious attacks out there. AA hasn't had the chance to be as useful as possible and I would call it insane to use that as a reason to be scum when its only because he has been on the defensive. Now he's going away for a while. great time to attack him isn't it? go ahead and try it but since hes not here to defend himself now, I will not participate in your attack. It is apparent you have not been overly useful your self have you caught any scum yet? no because you haven't had the chance to. At that I beleive you won't not with out real evidence or good reasoning. This is not the salem witch trials your screaming and pointing at people will not persuade me. You have discredited yourself through out the whole game. I would like to see more discusion from others out here not just "I'm here!"'s please. take alook at how fast he jumped on roland. How many prods has he requested for him?
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #33) » Sat May 03, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Grum »

my list isn't exactly suspicion entirly

Gobo 1-10 gets 5/10 on my suspicion scale for agression(its a game and your insulting my typing seriously?)

cat_killer 2/10 lurking

dave 2/10 lurking

roland 2/10

#1 I just don't get him... its like -2/10 thru 2/10 on scum scale

new addition because I was un aware of roland
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #34) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Grum »

Sorry about the inactivity, prom weekend. Listen, I can't really say anything with out saying things that sound scummy, at lest thats what I've gathered. Best thing I could do would be fade out. Problem is, thats just as bad. Now I can not say that I have any experiance under my belt. The thing is Gobo was offensive and so I tryed to follow his lead but on him cuz while his stratagy seems to work It hasn't gotten us anywhere. That's all I can see so while I fail that method. Its probably to late to do anything else now. So mister IC what else is a stratagy that works? I have a clear EPIC FAIL on my part. What do we have then? really is day 2 in here going to be a worthless day 1? we do have something, the mafia didn't kill anyone and we have less players now so... figure it out.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #35) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Grum »

Great an active player! I'm not sure what to run off right now I may be unvoting but not untill I get some real info out of Gobo. Now that I'm seeing some real scum hunting we can get moving. I'll post back asap probably tomorrow. Good to have you Mokina, your looking to be the most useful player around!
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #36) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Grum »

Whats to say I've been trying to scum hunt but the best we come up with is lists of suspects and no real pushes I tryed to push with a vote but that did nothing and you call that not scum hunting. and what complaining are you talking about closest I remember saying is that (the obvious) no scum have been caught, and activity is down does that make #1 noob suspicious for the last post he just made? I don't know how to defend my self for trying to do what I know what to do as little as it is. If I could get to know what I was doing then I could be of more use but this is a newb game... isn't it? I'm not an expert clearly but I feel a whole brick load of bandwagon just hit me...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #37) » Mon May 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Grum »

Alright I'm back from my weekend. Your all right about my mistake on assuming the doc and cop roles. I thought that might get us some where.

I'm going to look over some games this week to see the scum hunting going on. My problem is that a good player could act like their scum hunting very well to make them less suspicious. It's true that I haven't done well. And yes I know its all very emotional sounding but what ever its how I write, I am human after all and new to this.

Gobo seems to act well if hes scum. his pressure was frustrating me but you all make good points to say its not necessarily scummy so
unvote

I still have my suspicion of him but my concern is dave.

Is it just your activity at work or school dave? whats with the lurking?

Right now I'm just going to watch how you play and try to keep up. NO this doesn't mean I'll lurk, I'll just keep opinions to myself till timing is right, that is to say from this post on.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #38) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Grum »

activity is being bi-polar again I see... no new insights from anyone?
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #39) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Grum »

No, hes straight up lurking and I've been hoping he would stop if he was newb town... hes looking very scummy but I'm not looking forward to another day 1. So I'm holding off just now but hes the number 1 scummiest right next to me... wait...
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #40) » Sat May 24, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Grum »

sorry warts removed from both hands and its hard to type i'm still here I would agree with gobo dave pair but don't think we should vote it out just yet.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #41) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Grum »

well I don't care for this anymore I'm just not good at this game so... I give off way to many bad signs that are not true... because I just can't play my final word is that dave is likely scum to me but anything I say now is forfit to the person that takes my place
I formaly request that I be replaced
Replace ME!!!!
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #42) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Grum »

I just don't have time to check in every day really so I wont be on enough to not look like a lurker... thats jus tnot helpful to town at all.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #43) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Grum »

wait we still won! what happened on night 1! I was thinking that either gobo or claus was the real doc from the moment strap took the claim and after that I thought they were being cautious in case of a 3rd mafia till it came to last day. I have to say very well done gobo and very well done strap. I was playing my first mafia and have since played a few more on different forums but I still can't get past the obvious scum tells. even when I play as town. love the game but I suck at it lol. Gobo you read me like a book and so did some other players.
the whole annoyed mafia partner at the lack of posts very dead on. I like to read these games more than play apparently lol. but it looks like the confusion I spread made a little difference lol.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #44) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Grum »

Btw I did submit the N1 and it was at AA... what happened?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”