Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 776: End of the World Zombie Survivors Mafia: Abandoned

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by gorckat »

Day 2 LYNCH
Deadline: June 5th, 8 am US east coast time.

Lynch Count 10 (Day 1 Final)

Lynch Count 9

Lynch Count 8

Lynch Count 7

LYNCH Count 3

LYNCH Count 2

GUN Count 4 (Final)/LYNCH Count 1

GUN Count 3

GUN Count 2

GUN Count 1

*Vote counts are linked to the post I made it.*

Players:

Alive (9)

Diamondilium
evilevilmatt
Herodotus
kabenon007
kieraen
Gateway

Lowell
populartajo

Rishi
semioldguy
DrippingGoofball
Shinnen_no_Me

Dead (3)

OozingGolfBall, Field Agent, Townie, shot in the head Day 1
Risingphoenix
Musher333
, Human Resources Coordinator, Townie Enabler, was lynched Day 1
Amished, Cafeteria Worker, Townie, was murdered Night 1
Last edited by gorckat on Mon May 18, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 28 times in total.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by gorckat »

Rules

1. Social Contract

*This is a game. I've done my best while setting it up to make it enjoyable for everyone. Fun is our first priority.

*I will do the following:
=treat this game as my MafiaScum priority, as a committment to the players
=post votecounts at least once per page whenever possible
=prod players w/o prompting
=answer questions as soon as possible

*I expect all players to do the following:
=have fun and play to win
=treat the game as a commitment to yourself, to the other players and to me
=not make personal attacks
=stay active per my activity policy
=bring concerns or problems to my attention as soon as possible
=if you believe I've made a mistake, please PM me and do not post it in the thread

2. Activity

*This game will have fixed deadlines (extensible only in extreme circumstances) and I expect players to actively participate.

*Deadlines are 3 weeks long for Days 1 and 2. Days 3 and later will be 2 weeks long. Nights will be ~72 hours long. All deadlines will expire at midnight East Coast US time.

*Players not posting for 72 hours will be prodded and must respond in the game thread within 48 hours. I will prod for inactivity twice. On the third instance of 72 hours without posts, or on failing to respond to a prod, you will be replaced.

*If you see a player has not posted in thread for 72 hours and I have not announced a prod, please PM me. All prods are stated publicly.

*If you will be away and unable to post over 48 hours, please let me know. You may be replaced if I believe your absence will disrupt the game.

3. Votes and Lynches

*Lynches will only occur with a true majority of voters. Once a person has reached a majority, they are dead and unvoting them will not stop the lynch.

*If the deadline hits before anyone has been lynched, then no one will be lynched.

*Votes and unvotes must be bolded in a
vote:person
format. The colon is optional.

*Unvoting is required to move change or remove your vote.

*Players may vote for no lynch to occur on any given day (vote: No Lynch). A majority of votes for no lynch will end the day and no one will be lynched.

*Until I have counted the votes and posted the death scene and role reveal, all players including the lynchee may continue to post. Once I have posted a vote count indicating a player is lynched, they are dead and are not to post anything else at all, not even a "Bah!" post.

4. Other (but still important!) Stuff

*Do not post or quote directly from any PM or communication outside this thread between me and you or you and another player. Do so and I will modkill you. Don't even fake it. Put whatever you have to say in your own words.
*Modkills end the day.
*No hydras (more than one person playing a role with a shared account).
*Do not post invisible or small text.
*Do not edit your posts or the posts of others.
*Do not discuss this game with other players (whether in this game or not) outside of this thread, unless I have told you otherwise, until this game is completed.
*At my sole discretion I reserve the right to remove any player from the game and replace or modkill their role.
*If I've overlooked something and need to modify the rules to account for it, I will post a notice in the game thread and update this post.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by gorckat »

Pre-game flavor introduction:

A plague of zombies has overtaken the world. Huddled in civilized locations are pockets of humanity. In some, the best of people are brought to the fore. In others...the worst.

Nestled just of the I-70 corridor in Western Maryland is the Dynaplex compound. Specializing in something secret to the general public, and shielded even from government interference is a 6 story 250,000 sq ft office building. The surrounding complex has its own maintenance garage and motor pool, wind and solar power generation, radio tower and, most importantly given the ongoing apocalypse, food stores.

When news of the zombie uprising came, most employees left the facility in a futile attempt to save their loved ones. Those that stayed behind activated the "Terrorist Attack Protocol" (TAP), a series of security measures that included raising steel barriers out of the ground and over the first two floors' exterior doors and windows. Forty-five "essential" personnel remained at the facility- monitoring outbreak reports across the globe, listening in on doomed military action radio reports, cursing the TAP lockdown on cell phone transmissions in and out of the compound. A few "I love you"s were snuck out via email before the Net collapsed; server rooms worldwide were strewn with blood and brains, as were most places with more than a couple humans.

During the next six weeks after the Zombie Outbreak, dubbed Z-Day in a startling number of survivor pockets, a half dozen Dynaplex employees, somehow infected with and incubating whatever it is that makes man into a flesh-eating zombie, turned and took down another twenty employees. Five more committed suicide over the same period.

The Dynaplex survivor community had occupied offices on the sixth floor of the main building, rearranging cubicles to make room for a common area. They often gathered in the floor's largest break room for meals, playing board and card games found stashed in departed worker's offices. Someone even found an "archived" copy of Doom 2 on the servers, but the horror was too real, so it was forbidden by the community. Life developed a rhythm and even as the zombie hoards destroyed the world, few zombies were seen in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the Dynaplex compound.

Despite a growing need to know what happened, no one wanted to brave the world beyond the outer fence. They'd seen, before broadcasting stopped almost six weeks earlier, the carnage on roadways and in population centers worldwide.

The sounds of a struggle and gunshots woke the survivors seven weeks after Z-Day. 12 Dynaplex survivors walked into one of the smaller, infrequently used, breakrooms on the sixth floor, where the struggle had occurred. The two most respected, formerly executive level, survivors (Guy Touchstone and Darren Lasker) were sprawled over each other, their blood pooling on the floor beneath them, both of them clutching pistols.

During the clean-up and body disposal, one of the remaining 12 picked up a blood covered paper on Guy Touchstone's letterhead. It had two columns labeled "With Me" and "Against Me". It was unclear how many names were in each column- the blood had permanently obscured the lists. The second page, stapled to the first, was similarly obscured except for parts of a gruesome to-do list: "Kill those aga././.-" and "Use fresh bod././.bait if atta././."

It was clear that some of the survivors had made an alliance. People began to recall Guy was asking "loyalty" questions in the preceding week. Would they be willing to die for a cause? Would they kill if their life depended on it? One survivor shared that Guy mentioned people who used to work with him planning to leave the facility.

For the good of the world, it's time to root out those who would use your flesh as bait.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by gorckat »

Diamondilium stepped over the bodies and picked up the pistols. One empty. The other...one bullet left.

You have one week to decide who will have the authority to decide what happens to the last bullet. Place votes as follows:
GUN: PLAYERNAME

No votes for lynching may be placed until the gun issue is resolved (and if placed, won't be counted). If no one has a majority of votes at the end of one week, Diamondilium will keep it.

Whoever has the gun after voting or the deadline will gain the following power:
You have a gun, and one bullet. You may point the loaded gun at another survivor during the day, when you are all gathered in the common area, and pull the trigger. This will kill them.

To kill someone, post
KILL: PLAYERNAME
in the game thread. This power will not work after a majority of votes to lynch has been placed, even if I haven't counted the votes. It will not work after a deadline to lynch expires.

GUN Vote Deadline: Saturday, April 25th, 8 am US east coast time.
OozingGolfBall
OozingGolfBall
Townie
OozingGolfBall
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by OozingGolfBall »

Hello, everyone. Yes, I am an alt, but I'll leave the guessing part to you guys. Why does Diamond get to keep the gun?
Insanity is not a scumtell.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by gorckat »

OozingGolfBall wrote:Hello, everyone. Yes, I am an alt, but I'll leave the guessing part to you guys. Why does Diamond get to keep the gun?
Sorry- my note about Diamond being selected via random.org got cut from the post by mistake.

Any future flavor posts to describe action this game will be done selecting players via random.org, as well.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Hai guys!

**Replaced by DrippingGoofball**
Diamondilium
Diamondilium
Goon
Diamondilium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Diamondilium »

Vote: OozingGolfBall
because she's the only player who has posted so far and I'm too lazy to look at the player list.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by Gateway »

I like your thinking, we are not suppose to vote yet from what I understand. But there is the gun issue.

Gun: OozingGoldBall

Because Diamondilium is so damn convincing.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by Herodotus »

If Diamondilium isn't paying attention, I don't want them to have the gun.

mod: Can we change our "gun:" votes at any time like regular lynching votes?
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Gateway »

Ummm.. Yeah I sort of made the above vote with the assumption we could.

If we can't, please don't join with me. I had no real basis for that one.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Gun: Diamondilium

Because it was selected at random and anyone wanting to get the gun may have other motives in wanting to take it or have it for themselves. Letting it stay with the person who was randomly selected helps keep others from trying to control where it goes. Yes, I realize this falls under that too to some extent in me trying to control where it goes by saying this, but I think there is less risk of the gun going to the wrong person if we don't try to move it around. I also think that whoever gets it should agree to only use it when we vote for him to use it.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by semioldguy »

An addendum to the above, if at any time the player who has the gun becomes 100% confirmed, I would find it acceptable to go with the innocent person's judgment rather than a group vote.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Post by Gateway »

I think the worry was that Diamond was not paying enough attention and voted, is that whom we want having the gun?

I assume we can unvote, so I am doing so until told otherwise.

Code: Select all

Here are your random numbers:

Timestamp: 2009-04-18 08:31:03 UTC

So (assuming we are allowed to do this)
Ungun/ Gun: Musher333

That is another random choice from Random.org, and this way I will feel at least a little safer about it.

I know you feel safe where it is at Semi, but he really blew it on the first post and I would rather that player not have a loaded weapon. So I went to random.org and Musher333 is who I am pushing for now.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:20 am

Post by Musher333 »

Using a number generator #7 came out so due to this being random to begin with i will
Gun: Lowell
who is seventh down on the list of players.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:22 am

Post by Musher333 »

@Gateway, when you say he missed the second person who posted if you look at the times they posted within a minute of each other so the post could simply have not been there when he voted and posted.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:55 am

Post by gorckat »

Herodotus wrote:
mod: Can we change our "gun:" votes at any time like regular lynching votes?
Absolutely.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am

Post by Lowell »

Mod is from baltimore. Lowell is from baltimore. Ergo, Lowell should have the gun. My logic is fullproof.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Herodotus »

gun: Shinnen_no_me

their first post looks non-scummy
evilevilmatt
evilevilmatt
Goon
evilevilmatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 am

Post by evilevilmatt »

Gun : Semioldguy

Protown reasoning for trying to stick with the mods random vote.
I prefer not to try to control the vig though, so fire away.

Shame : everyone else making a random number vote
. Own upto your votes, dont blame the random numbers generator.

Also Lowell's logic is pretty awesome but I will choose to ignore it.
Armageddon screams are nothing new to me.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Lowell »

gun: lowell
. There's no way he's scum.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Gateway »

Musher333 wrote:@Gateway, when you say he missed the second person who posted if you look at the times they posted within a minute of each other so the post could simply have not been there when he voted and posted.
@Musher333
Diamon voted 27 minutes after the rules were posted, there is no way he happened to be writing his vote before the game started and missed the mod's post of "Don't Vote, Only Gun week one"

To me if a mod says in his very first flavor post of day 1 that there is no voting, and someone votes, I assume that character will be making decisions without proper reading. Is that a person we want having the ability at any time in the game to kill someone?

At this point I am not picky who gets it, I have not played with, or against any of you so I have no idea who's the best choice. I just know at this point Diamondilium is the worst choice. Please take the gun from them.

Sorry, but there can be no argument. Diamond screwed that one up!
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Gateway »

I was rereading and I realize what you read now Musher. I wasn't saying he mistook who the first person was (the reason for his vote). It was obvious he is just doing the random voting stage, can't have an issue with that. I said no gun for him because we are not supposed to be voting now, the rules were clear. That is the type of player that may miss an important post and end up using his power on a townie.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:23 am

Post by semioldguy »

Random choosing for who gets the gun from other people playing is bad for a couple reasons. (1) If everyone is going to random a number how do we choose which randomly generated person we give it to? At that point there are enough randomly generated people for one of them to likely be scum and for their side to somehow push it toward that random selection. I want to minimize that opportunity's existence. (2) None of your random numbers can actually be trusted by the rest of us. I can trust that the moderator chose at random, but since I cannot yet trust anyone else in this game, none of your posts are truly random to me just because you say they are.
evilevilmatt
evilevilmatt
Goon
evilevilmatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:25 am

Post by evilevilmatt »

^again protown.

Give this guy the gun please.
Armageddon screams are nothing new to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”