PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:37 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

I admit chronic poster at any rate yeah I could put stuff all in one post except cannot edit and stuff comes to my mind after I post something.

I already have put a big slow down on my tendency to post. Part of it is I like to get reactions and see reactions and of course have an excessive need to comment on stuff--LOL.
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

Ugh, sorry for the horribly suspicious post, next time, i'll just refrain from posting. i had a big interview the 28th in the morning and i was trying to read through quickly and get something out there to avoid just such a situation and then go to bed. it's just my luck that it backfired. anyways, i'll do better next time (this time?).

i guess what i was trying to say by that post was that in my eyes and at that point in time, any of those scenarios was a possibility-- both, one or the other could be scum or none, and at the time there wasn't the explicit explanation that we should check out the post in question or whatever. like i said at the time, i didn't really have anything to go on. my initial reaction was that mmcl's accusation was very quick, and i was hesitant about following so quickly with a vote or any solid suspicion without explanation.

i'll go back and read this post, and in the meantime,
vote count please
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:32 pm

Post by Wacky »

Nanook wrote: Not only that, but I will Fos: Lulu & Wacky as they both want to seem to take the laid back approach, and sorry, but you need to get off your bums and play.
My approach is... laid back? I guess... Though I always hate day 1, and this is day 1.
FOS: Nanook
anyway.

It doesn't look like we'll be getting anything out of MMCL, and he's implying he has info. I guess the only thing we can do is to bandwagon Tally, get a claim and itemised account of target(s), and then get MMCL to make a comment. This could be bad for the town, but the die has already been cast with MMCL's possible-cop-claim (which I think was a bad play, but it's done already), so
Unvote PeaceBringer, Vote: Talitha
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:24 pm

Post by Talitha »

Do me a favour and at least make MMCL tell us "WHY" before we bandwagon me. I'd really rather defend myself based on facts. Besides, he is very, very wrong about me, and this is a bad course of action for the town.

There's also the chance that he's scum and this is some sort of Lepton's gambit. Don't leave him the room to wriggle out of this once you find out I'm innocent.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:09 pm

Post by Mgm »

If MMCL is indeed implying he's got info, he should spit it out. I prefer to be properly informed before I lynch someone.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:11 pm

Post by willows_weep »

K...that post only makes me figure that MMCL may be right.
You know?
It just kind of sounds like at least you might want to go down fighting despite of the fact that you're bad for the town.

(That last sentence based on Tally or anyone else in that position being known scum already (100%))

Like...if you're going to be found out/lynched or just loose...that it shouldn't go down like this.
Albeit it's a pretty sucky way to go. Day 1 , not even a really credible investigative claim and nothing else to back it up.
I agree this is pretty skeevy like.

Oh, Im not saying you're mafia Tally. Just thinking about how your last post had me feeling tied with MMCLs' revelations.

The thing I'm not getting over though is....WHY!
What was MMCLs need for coming out like this when there isn't anything concrete?
At least there are some concretes in a mafia game...I think sometimes

Im wanting the motive for having done this when seemingly there was no pressure.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:11 pm

Post by Mgm »

If MMCL is indeed implying he's got info, he should spit it out. I prefer to be properly informed before I lynch someone.
Show
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:59 pm

Post by Norinel »

Who's this "count please" person?

Vote Count:

Talitha- 4 (MMCL, PeaceBringer, silgado106, Wacky)
Uraj45- 1 (Fuldu)
Save The Dragons- 1 (Mgm)
Mgm- 1 (Flying Dutchman)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (lulu muumuu)
MMCL- 1 (Save The Dragons)
Fishbulb- 1 (Uraj45)
lulu muumuu- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (4) - Fishbulb, NanookTheWolf, ralphmerridew, willows_weep

8 to lynch.

(I don't make a big thing about unvoting, by the way. It actually makes votes easier to count.)
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:45 am

Post by Fishbulb »

PeaceBringer wrote:I have multiple months of experience with playing the game with how I post. And yes I know how I play gets me suspected but it is how I play best. I am who I am.
No, posting on a web forum about deceit and murder is not "who you are".

This isn't an active conversation. It's not difficult to hit Preview instead of Submit and actually read what you are trying to post. Whether or not doing so is what you like to do, you should at least attempt to be curteous to the rest of us here.
PeaceBringer wrote:I try and proofread but I have a long history of posting on the fly and posting like I think, so often I neglect it. If you think my posts here lack proofreading you should see some of what I post at Footballguys. I am calm perfectly.
What difference does your "long history" make? Proofread; it's as simple as that. We don't care where else you post badly, just don't do it here. Otherwise, you'll find yourself getting lynched often just so we don't have to read your error-ridden triple posts every day.

Oh, the frequent posting doesn't get on my nerves at all; it's always easier to spot scum if they have lots of posts to examine. It's the complete lack of thought, subtleness, tact, and proofreading that irks me.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:45 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

MMCL: I'm a moron. Do not say 'look at post 2' and expect me to discover exactly what you're thinking. :wink:
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:27 am

Post by Mgm »

Unvote: STD

I don't see any reason to keep a random vote.
Show
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:40 am

Post by willows_weep »

lol I like Fishbulbs post...

wonder if mmcl' out and about again..
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:17 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Fishbulb, I find insulting someone based on how they play the game to be highly offensive. I will not stoop any further to discussing how I play the game, how I post, and whatever else may suit you. It is a tangent and not helpful to the game. I offered explaination. THis is a game, let people post and interact as they will. If you all want to lynch me based on how I post it is no wonder that lurkers abound around here, it is encouraged. If you care to have further non game discussion do so in private. Realize I am not you and don't expect be to play the game like you. Don't even expect me to post as you would like me to post. This is my last comment on the matter, let's just play the freaking game.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:21 am

Post by Fishbulb »

When pointed out as being aggressive you immediately jump to it being our problem, not yours. What I am trying to tell you is that it
is
in fact your problem. It seems that you are happy with the way you post, but you are missing out on the fact that your points are being lost. We can't just ignore your "posting style" (which is not necessarily due to frequency). Most of your posts come off completely different than you intend.

Making coherent posts is a must. Obviously, you can take your time and construct a well thought out post. If you slow down and do that every time, you will find people will listen to you more, and understand your point much better.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:29 am

Post by MMCL »

Sorry - I'm here - just my PC died and I had to go out and spend £1300 on a new one :( It doesn't rain, it pours.

Anyways... I played a newbie game with Talitha recently - in it I told her I was innocent and did everything I could to convince her. It was true - I was innocent. The advantage being that I knew she was innocent in that case because I was a doc and protected her the night before (when there was no night kill). Two confirmed innocents working together are a force to be reckoned with.
In that game, which PB was part of too, Tally pondered if I could be the sort of scum that would use 'emotional blackmail' in the form of our friendship, to convince her of my innocence. I believe that is what she tried in Post #2. No disrespect Tally (still love you mwah mwah)... You defended yourself in your post #2 saying you are a busy mum - and then proceed to go and show us 'how' the name lurky does not apply to you - a contradiction of sorts...

It's a risk on my part, but one I am willing to take.

Also - the calls for me to reveal that I am a cop. What do you want me to say? At this stage I won't say I am and I won't say I am not. Just that I believe I have the town's best interests at heart and that I think it is highly likely that Tally is scum.

Why won't I say either way...? Because if I am not and the scum take me out (because they think I am) then they wasted a night kill...:D
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:35 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I understand what you mean, but I don't know if that would make her scum. I do believe that MMCL is innocent because I couldn't imagine scum pulling such an odd gambit, however. So, I'm inclined to join the vote if no other prospects become known. At least it will be slightly better than random.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:08 am

Post by Talitha »

MMCL wrote:Anyways... I played a newbie game with Talitha recently - in it I told her I was innocent and did everything I could to convince her. It was true - I was innocent. The advantage being that I knew she was innocent in that case because I was a doc and protected her the night before (when there was no night kill). Two confirmed innocents working together are a force to be reckoned with.
In that game, which PB was part of too, Tally pondered if I could be the sort of scum that would use 'emotional blackmail' in the form of our friendship, to convince her of my innocence.
MMCL, you KNOW I wouldn't use our friendship or manipulate you emotions to try and get some sort of advantage in this game... We discussed it after the newbie game, remember? Go and look at your chat logs (Or I'll get mine out). It's not how I play the game.
MMCL wrote: I believe that is what she tried in Post #2. No disrespect Tally (still love you mwah mwah)... You defended yourself in your post #2 saying you are a busy mum - and then proceed to go and show us 'how' the name lurky does not apply to you - a contradiction of sorts...
Fact is I can't post as much, or put as much thought and effort into mafia games as I used to. I didn't want people judging me by saying I wasn't playing my usual style. You put me on the defensive by accusing me of lurking when it wasn't true.

I'll say this: This bandwagon IS a waste of time and a bad idea. If you continue it, I'll just claim my role, and I WILL be believed.
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:50 am

Post by lulu muumuu »

silgado106 wrote:
About Wacky and Lulu - I'm not too sure if actually saying outloud they are just waiting for things to happen means much, because you can think of it as townies actually sitting back and waiting, or mafia pretending to be sitting back and waiting. I think it might be a bit early to tell anything about Wacky and Lulu from this issue.
so how is this any different from my pointing out the mmcl vs tally situation? someone please tell me. because by this logic, silgado would find himself suspicious.

and tally :
tally wrote: This is the kind of behaviour I'd expect. They won't want to push too hard for my lynch, but they'll want to leave the way open to help lynch me too.
this is the same thing too. if i just sit here, i look scummy, and if i act against tally i look scummy. so which is it?

obviously no one knows anything about anyone. except maybe mmcl. and since he's the only one with anything mildly substantial, how about
unvote nanook
and
vote talitha
i'll make up my own decision as to whether or not i believe your claim.

and frankly nanook, i dont know why you didn't just vote me, so FOS: nanook
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:50 am

Post by silgado106 »

I think I'm going to back off Talitha. I'm not too sure I exactly believe her actions were scummy as MMCL now says, but I also don't think if MMCL was mafia he would have done this so early (which of course can be refuted with some sort of WIFOM though).

unvote: Talitha

I will keep my eye on both of them though.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:06 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Fishbulb, okay one last comment. I understand your comment and again if you want to discuss with me how I post and play the game lets take off. Yes, I defend my posting style and way I play the game. I do this for fun. Whether people listen to me or not I cannot control. Yes, I can slow down and edit and will try and do so but it is my nature to not care as much about those details. I can usually clarify my meaning if misunderstood and there of things of course I would have no clue on, such as folks taking "not random vote" to mean that I would suggest being an investigator. Elsewhere I say that, it is taken as that. So yes I can work on slowing down and using complete sentences. It is just a long habit of message board and internet posting. But you came off as aggressive and arrogant which I did not appreciate, especially with the get lynched first every game threat which was way out of line. I treat folks with respect and expect the same other then game related jabs. You took it beyond the game into the metagame reagarding my play. And yes, I realize that I need to be more careful but in playing a game the trick is to adapt to who is playing and how they communicate and not be so rigid. So enough on this Fishbulb, any thing more please take it outside the game.

#######

As to the game, I can see the sense of what MMCL is getting at in his suspscion. I don't think Tally was using emotional blackmail though. So if that is what MMCL is reacting to then I need to reconsider. I hate pushing a role player to claim on day one. What I saw in the post #2 that alarmed me was the I will have to work hard to keep straight when I am in village and when town. We of course all do but I found the pointing that out to be a possible slip but not sure why. However since he have got pressure on Tally and she has hinted at Role may be worthwhile. I could certainly go after somone not activeily particiaping in the game at the moment as well.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:32 am

Post by Talitha »

lulu wrote:if i just sit here, i look scummy, and if i act against tally i look scummy. so which is it?
This doesn't sound like a town-ish thought process to me. If you were town you'd be more concerned about doing the right thing, rather than how you appear.

I still think lulu is scum.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:39 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay I willl play along-
Vote Lulu
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:00 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

MMCL, I disbelieve your reasoning on Tally, and will not vote on that.

I also don't see much in Lulu being scum.

MMCL seems a little eager to go after something he himself says he's not sure of...

:P maybe I'm just jealous cuz no one listens to me...j/k.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:20 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

PeaceBringer wrote:But you came off as aggressive and arrogant which I did not appreciate, especially with the get lynched first every game threat which was way out of line.
That was exactly my feelings about you. And that wasn't a threat, I'm not even voting for you. From the beginning I was intending for it to be constructive criticism; unfortunately things got out of hand. Group hug.
Talitha wrote:This doesn't sound like a town-ish thought process to me. If you were town you'd be more concerned about doing the right thing, rather than how you appear.
Hmmm.... I can see where your coming from, but it looks like it's just a desperate attempt to get the focus off you before you are forced to roleclaim. However, that doesn't necessarily make you scum, so still no vote for the moment.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:30 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

and frankly nanook, i dont know why you didn't just vote me, so FOS: nanook

I don't know why I didn't just vote you, maybe cause I don't think that you are scum, that could always be the reason you know. My saying what I did was more of me just trying to tell you that I didn't think that what you posted was exactly town like, but I am not going to vote you based on that one post. It would have to be more substantial then that.

I am going to
Vote: Talitha
though as she seems to be trying to throw the spotlight off herself here, and I wouldn't mind hearing what she has to say about her role that will make us unvote her to be quite honest. I guess any role claim that was town would probably be disregarded as a possiblility this early in the game.

I don't really have any suspicion to lay down on anyone else at the moment, but I will keep looking.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”