Open 193 - Friends and Enemies: It's over!

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I dunno, I think that if I had been lynched D3 and my townflip really had gotten suspicions off of SC, that would have given the town better odds here.

While I definitely agree that being confirmed town doesn't make you confirmed right, I do think that there are situations where your lynch can be preferable to someone elses, and I do think this was one of them. It's a rare situation but it happens, and it's worth pointing out when it's there because, like Vi said, it's an even rarer situation for scum to be in.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Sando »

Hito, you haven't seen the mason QT, but SC dying had the desired effect, me and ABR didn't really think you were scum after that. I'll try and dig it out, it's fairly uninteresting. I doubt you dying would have had the same effect on views on SC.

ABR, I'm not entirely sure what you're on about with trusting us too much, we both had a read on SC that he himself has validated as being partly on him, on one day, that you agreed with as one of your top 2-3 suspects. So on one day we mislynched based on our (OJ + me) reads, a read that we'd basically agreed you wouldn't support during the same day... Other than that there was no real coordination in our attacks, quite the opposite, that was the problem.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:@hito

Never say "Lynch me before you lynch Serialclergyman". That's not remotely pro-town, and you can never predict how people's opinion change. Just because you're town doesn't mean he isn't scum, even if you think you know he isn't, it won't be the way other people see it.
I disagree totally with this. It's already made a big difference in another game I've played (Commie Mafia) and it did make a solid difference in this game. There was a very good chance before he did this that hito would follow my lynch or vice versa. His move made this very unlikely.

Me being ok with my own lynch is related - if I'd managed to bully everyone into lynching someone other than hito or myself and was wrong, we'd have lost outright, with my lynch assured the next day. At least with my lynch, the town did have 3 almost certainly town players going into lylo (2 of which unfortunately got picked off by scum, but *shrug*)
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Whether it makes a solid difference or not is irrelevant. It's like quicklynching Day 1 and then claiming it was a great move because it made a big difference in winning.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:09 am

Vi wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:It's not town-motivated either. That's beside the point, which is that it isn't a pro-town move, as in, it is against the interest of the town to do so.
Why would scum say "lynch me first" unless they believed the other person was Town (and were not forced to say that)?
Why does scum do anything? To look like town, of course. Look at it practically and not in terms of WIFOM (scum wouldn't do that). It helps the scum if anything because you're giving yourself up.
Zorblag wrote: @Albert B. Rampage, what did you expect the scum to do if not plot?
I am surprised at how many posts you made in the QT. We barely got to sneak in 2 or 3 one-liners in the mason QT.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Scien »

Heh, haven't had a chance to read it yet, but gratz mafia.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Ojanen »

Yeah, Albert exaggerates some but I did basically disappear from the qt on N2 before getting killed. I was pushing the whole game out of my mind due to my bad day game. Demoralizement at the time. Sorry.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Whether it makes a solid difference or not is irrelevant. It's like quicklynching Day 1 and then claiming it was a great move because it made a big difference in winning.
If quicklynching regularly had good results, it would be worth doing. You're effectively saying that the sample size isn't large enough to make a solid decision, which is reasonable, but it's not large enough either way, which suggests to me that telling off a player for a move that had positive consequences is unreasonable.
I'm old now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:11 pm

It did not have positive consequences...where did you get that idea?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Return to “Completed Open Games”