Newbie 922: Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Acosmist »

Ellibereth wrote:Hell week of test ends next week. Will be back then.
Um...when?
The deadline is Tuesday, May 11.
Votecount

Not Voting - 5 (Acosmist, Furry, Elementary Fermion, Nachomamma8, Ellibereth)

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.
Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Elementary Fermion »

Acosmist wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Hell week of test ends next week. Will be back then.
Um...when?
The deadline is Tuesday, May 11.
Do not worry -- he will swoop in on the 10th, an entire day early, and with his magical numerals have this whole mess solved.

I do hope that the hell test is not statistics.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Furry »

Is there any way we can get a slight deadline extension due to finals? I have one this thursday, two one the day of deadline, and one the day following it.

I just know im not putting a whole lot of effort into this since school is eating up all my time right now, and really want to make a run at this game.
Temporary unretired alt
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Seriously, deadline extend get

plz
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by Phate »

Furry wrote:Is there any way we can get a slight deadline extension due to finals? I have one this thursday, two one the day of deadline, and one the day following it.

I just know im not putting a whole lot of effort into this since school is eating up all my time right now, and really want to make a run at this game.
Acosmist wrote:Seriously, deadline extend get

plz
No. The entire playerlist has been posting at just barely above prodding level. You've had
plenty
of time, and I don't foresee extending the deadline to be necessary or likely to promote activity.

Deadline stands.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Acosmist »

lol
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Furry wrote:
Elementary Fermion wrote:
Furry wrote:Well given that it seems that there is zero way you dont vote one of nach/elli which is almost an impossible pairing... yeah you are tunneling.
How is that pair not possible? (Is one of them a pair with you?)
Remember Eli laying into nacho yesterday? That makes no sense if they are partners since its going to quickly bring WIFOM to Eli before endgame, there was an easy town lynch to push through first, he wasnt stuck on the wagon... there is no good reason for someone as good as Eli is to bus a partner like that. I see it as actually the least likely existing pairing out there right now.
Ummmmm I looked over the history and never saw the wagon gain any steam or create any danger of lynching Nacho. If I'm wrong go ahead and point out what I missed.

I also don't understand your WIFOM point. Explain what that means.

Your argument seems to be that scum will not even tepidly go after each other, because it's either laying off entirely or busing. That doesn't make sense, especially when you say that Ellibereth is so good (looooool).

Seriously, Ellibereth should, maybe, post?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I'm here.
Still busy and procrastinating.
There's only one think right now that's making me doubt my Furry - Nacho pairing but I can't say what it is.
Starting to go through Nach and Ray/Furry isos..

TURN BACK THE CLOCK
Nacho Iso 0 wrote: I didn't like Balloon's original vote on Panacea; I'm not a firm believer in reaction hunting that early in the game.
Where did you get "reaction hunting" from BaB's vote at all? I also don't remember you having the latter philosophy.
FLASH OF GREEN
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In a newbie game, I tend to have a waaay different philosophy than I would in a normal game. For example, reaction hunting by voting without an explanation tagged on with it is generally a bad idea when you're the only person who knows wtf is happening.

Also, why woulld you request a deadline extension? There are two scums to get, you know. So why don't you, you know, actually do some scumhunting and make a case on me that doesn't, you know, suck? After I shoot that down, maybe we can get somethin productive done! ^.^
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote:In a newbie game, I tend to have a waaay different philosophy than I would in a normal game. For example, reaction hunting by voting without an explanation tagged on with it is generally a bad idea when you're the only person who knows wtf is happening.

Also, why woulld you request a deadline extension? There are two scums to get, you know. So why don't you, you know, actually do some scumhunting and make a case on me that doesn't, you know, suck? After I shoot that down, maybe we can get somethin productive done! ^.^
Sup lurking scum, how are you this evening?

It's funny how you promise to shoot down a case when you haven't shot down the case
I just made.

And I'm the only one
not lurking.
I seconded the deadline request because everyone else was lurking and Ellibereth said flat-out he'd be gone over a span that might have included the entire remainder of the day.

So, why do you think it's cool for people to miss the entire last week of a three-week deadline?

You need to swing. We can find out if the second one's Ellibereth in discussions tomorrow.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Okay, lemme address your "case".

Re: Copfishing:
Okay. Let me put that into perspective for you. First of all, I had special reason to believe Cojin's doctor claim because of my reading of his previous games, where a VT claimed doc and screwed over their chances of winning. So, after seeing Cojin saw firsthand the reasons why VT claiming powerrole is an idiot manuever, wouldn't it make sense to you if I realized that he wouldn't do that himself?
Secondly, check again (just for shits and giggles), how long we had before deadline. If I was going to copfish as scum, why would I do it when no one had a freaking chance to respond?

Re: Inconsistencies:
Okay. The secret's out. People aren't inconsistent. Sometimes I look up and I don't want to read your wallposts, otherwise I realize that the content in this thread is 0% and your wallposts are nice to see. Now, it's your turn to explain why the hell that's scummy.

Re: EF attack:
It's scummy to misunderstand someone?
Let's see... I thought that people weren't both angry and bored at the same time.
EF thought that people wouldn't be as loyal to the site as Panacea was.

So... it's scummy when I incorrectly assume, but it isn't when EF does? Congratulations, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Happy, Acosmist? If not, feel free to respond buddy. We got six whole days.

You're not lurking? That's news to me. You haven't really provided anything close to useful in a while. NACHO AND ELLI ARE OBVSCUM LYNCH THEM LOL is pretty much all I've gotten out of you today. Can you do something less predicatable and more productive, please?

I think it's okay for people to miss the entire last week of a three week deadline because Reality > Mafia. In addition, we would've got the extension if we were more active so it's most definitely our faults for being screwed by deadline, not just Elli's. Trying to paint it any other way denotes a problem with accepting responsibility or a role pm that says "I win when the town is dead".

Hmm... your last line sounds strangely overconfident, but it lacks a vote. Why is this? Are you not as confident as you say you are? Or are you scum afraid of attracting all the attention to just the two of us...?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Furry »

Ive got about five hours of sleep in the last 48 hours so im making this short

More reason for EF lynch is how he is pushing the Eli lynch. I feel a little odd breaking down the case on another, but a lot of it is based on null points.
Ellibereth is my second suspect at the moment, again for the reasons I outlined above as ancillary to explaining to havingfitz the difference between taunting stupid people and actual ad hominem attacks. He shows up, claims he cannot bother to read the things that have been written in this game, but finds the time to go through and make up some elaborate spreadsheet of every vote cast.
ive tried making these before, and I just kept updating it as I went through the game. I do use a similar thing to keep track of votes when I mod, so im not sure "spent most of his time working on a spreadsheet" quite qualifies as a tell. Those things are amazingly usefull by the by.
He then claims that his numbers tell him exactly who is who in this game, except (a) he would not open his methods up to peer review or even describe them at all, (b) he incorrectly maintained an existential instantiation of a universal generalization based on existential instantiations when such premises were debunked, (c) he very quickly flipped his claimed results from his "numbers research" with no explanation, and has been reduced to posting at my frequency (which has been criticized as of late), and (d) has dropped his "numbers research" altogether without answering any of the questions put to him about it. To me, this seems like scum that replaced in and tried to throw a load of feces in our faces.
It may just be lack of sleep but...
a) Arent the results all that matters
b) what?
c) Why is changing suspects/thought process scummy
d) Why is this bad? I will throw out entire trains of thought and plans all the time.

I know its not the best case from me, but when I almost expect EF to be voting Eli at any point, its really lacking strength.

Looking through votecounts, it more or less backs up my EF-nacho pairing, although I still prefer the EF lynch. Deadline is way too soon, so I will probably put a vote out this weekend after a reread.

This is going to be depressing if we lose this because of final exams
Temporary unretired alt
Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 4:02 am

Furry wrote:a) Arent the results all that matters
Are you serious? Such bald assertions cannot even be called “results” without providing some sort of methodology. I thought you seemed bright enough to realize that. Also, as he does not even stick to his own “results” I would imagine that should throw a little more doubt on such “results.”

But since you apparently disagree, try this: I have this super secret method that I refuse to share with you. It says you are guilty. BOOM! Do not questions my
results
because they are all that matters.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Furry »

Are you serious? Such bald assertions cannot even be called “results” without providing some sort of methodology. I thought you seemed bright enough to realize that. Also, as he does not even stick to his own “results” I would imagine that should throw a little more doubt on such “results.”
Eventually yes, but early on in a phase, its not always necesary, as you eventually can back up the assertion im fine with doing that. Makes people react somewhat differently when they are not sure if you have a case, cop guilty, etc.
Temporary unretired alt
Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Furry wrote:
Eventually yes, but early on in a phase, its not always necesary, as you eventually can back up the assertion im fine with doing that. . . .
It's almost like
I
was making this point. I guess "eventually" does not mean "within 5 weeks" in your book. So I guess maybe I should have been more clear. But not really, cause it does not matter, at least not in this game.

Am I correct that a no lynch on this Day will be a scum vistory? Because that would suck. What a stupid way for this game to end.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Furry »

Elementary Fermion wrote:Am I correct that a no lynch on this Day will be a scum vistory? Because that would suck. What a stupid way for this game to end.
You still think Eli is scum? Can you give a few bullet points as why? Maybe respond to past page stuff I said about you.
Temporary unretired alt
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:In a newbie game, I tend to have a waaay different philosophy than I would in a normal game. For example, reaction hunting by voting without an explanation tagged on with it is generally a bad idea when you're the only person who knows wtf is happening.
That's stupid. It would work even better since they have no idea what you're doing. Also, you're ignoring the point, where in Bab's vote did you see pressure/reaction vote?
FLASH OF GREEN
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ellibereth wrote: That's stupid. It would work even better since they have no idea what you're doing.
I have no desire to be Day 1 lynched by a bunch of confused noobtowns.
Ellibereth wrote: Also, you're ignoring the point, where in Bab's vote did you see pressure/reaction vote?
The whole not tagging on an explanation for the vote in the vote post...? I said that already, babe.

Prod Acosmist please.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Remember I've barely read anything.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Some questions to get us started:

1) Have you played with anyone on this list before?
2) What is your prior mafia game experience?
3) What is your favorite fruit?
4) Self-identify an aspect of your personality or mafia-playstyle.

1)nope.
2) I've played somewhere around ~10 games, all on this website.
3) Strawberries.
4) I tend to fan out and spread suspicion on multiple players, than ultimately pick one that seems scummiest and focus on them. My problem is that sometimes I'm unable to stop focusing on that one person, even if they start to appear to be pro-town. I'm working on it. I don't always follow this pattern.

vote: Panacea
^^^You call that a pressure vote?
FLASH OF GREEN
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Yes. Especially if we remember his next two posts.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Whatever. I disagree.
Where did you get the Ray-fitz pairing yesterday
FLASH OF GREEN
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

That doesn't really matter any more, doesn't it?

But I was conjecturing due to a bit of harmless interaction early-game, then a lot of ignoring a whole lot later.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Are you gonna start playing to your town meta now...? Or should I just start looking for your partner?

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Acosmist »

I've been prodded. Apparently we went crazy with posting today. I am happy about that!

I am happier about the pints of lager in my bloodstream. I will post more tomorrow. Thanks for replying, Nacho, and thanks for posting ever, Elliiiiiiiiiibereth.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Are you gonna start playing to your town meta now...? Or should I just start looking for your partner?
I don't think I'm playing to either meta right now. :roll:
And ARE YOU GOING TO START PLAYING TO YOUR TOWN META OR SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR YOUR PARTNER.

OH SCHNAP.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”