Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:29 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

because your a naysayer.

Any takers?
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:01 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Wow, on the fourth page in less than two days, keep up the good work.

Vote Count:

7 HairyMezican (Maximus, Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer, Locus Cosecant, olliep13, lazarusmoth, ZONEACE)
3 Locus Cosecant (JDTAY, HairyMeizcan, Coron)
2 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane)
1 bloojay (Commify)
1 Coron (Quagmire)
1 lazarusmoth (joe)
1 Uraj45 (Genocide Heart)

11 votes to lynch.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:03 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

I still like my zone vote, I don't see what mairy was doing so wrong that made him get so close to lynch so fast
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:10 pm

Post by bloojay »

Hey, i haven't posted here because i didn't know that the game had started, quite frankly :|
But after reading through, i htink that HairyMezican is just being really weird and quite...um...odd in voting
Vote HairyMezican
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:23 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Aiee! The game just started yesterday and already I'm being declared a lurker?
I believe that the commonly accepted and ideal action to do when starting with day is to no lynch. I certainly think we have gotten pleanty out of this day considering we haven't had a night and would be willing to put my vote no lynch.
I'm not going to do it yet, however, because I need a
Mod clarification
: Do you use Jeep's no lynch rules? That is, if you vote no lynch you go home for the day and cannot post or vote unless the town reaches half the required votes on you.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:53 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Wow, 8 votes so quickly, I think I'm gonna get lynched oon day 1; not the best way to start my first game.

Makes sense though, I do seem kinda scummy.

Oh well, I guess 1 Goon's life in exchange for voting info is par for day 1.

Good luck everybody.

FOS: everybody who has been voting for me without attempting to add to the conversation
[b]Vote: All of you guys[/b]
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:57 pm

Post by commify »

I
unvote bloojay
. Everyone's posted at least once now.
bigbenwd wrote:I still like my zone vote, I don't see what mairy was doing so wrong that made him get so close to lynch so fast
I don't see how your reason for voting for Zoneace is all that solid.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:07 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Uraj45 wrote:
Mod clarification
: Do you use Jeep's no lynch rules? That is, if you vote no lynch you go home for the day and cannot post or vote unless the town reaches half the required votes on you.
No. If you vote no lynch, you can still post, unvote, and vote until the day ends. In other words, voting for no lynch is the same as voting for any player.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:19 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Ok.
Vote: No Lycnh

Is that a claim Hairy?
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:22 pm

Post by Desperate Heart »

Well, I need to call
someone
a lurker. Besides, we only have until tomorrow, so you've already missed 50% of Day 1 :wink:

unvote: urja45

And I agree that No Lynch is probably best for day games, but I'd like to get a bit more information first.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:31 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Genocide Heart wrote:And I agree that No Lynch is probably best for day games, but I'd like to get a bit more information first.
I
don't
agree. We have the chance to steal the initiative right out from under the noses of the town, shouldn't we take it?
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:40 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Yeah, I was claiming a Goon role.

To everyone voting "No Lynch" because we are starting off in the day instead of the night, what do you hope to gain from the night kill(s)? When the game starts at night, does the essentially random person (list of people) who was killed influence who you decide to lynch? I think it would be better to lynch me, proving that I am mafia, and giving everybody a better idea of who might be pro-town, and who the cop (mafia-cop?) should be investigating.
[b]Vote: All of you guys[/b]
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:35 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

While I'm all for stealing the initiative and gaining extra information, I just don't see how we figure HairyMezican to be that great of a lynch- or even a decent one, for that matter. All he did was say "That guy seems nervous, so I'll vote him", after an OMGUS vote. That's poor reasoning, but still better than the previous vote had- "a name like that has to be non-mafia". Admittedly, I'm not calling that a very competent play, but, well, I'm just not seeing how this is a decent lynch at all. He even explicitly stated that there was "not much to go on". And further, he seems more willing to die than to reason us out of it, which is the sort of thing I'd expect more from someone who knows they're pretty much useless than someone who has to stay alive because of a role to play for their side.

Who else to lynch? No idea... but I'm not voting HairyMezican. Now I'll watch you lynch him, he's townie and you all kill me next. :roll:

...And to go off on a useless and ultimately pointless path, seeing as we're the mafia, shouldn't we have a different term than "lynch" for our day-ending kills? "Execution", "Pre-emptive suppression of rebellion", or something? Just a random thought.
To be Continued...
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:41 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Firing squad?

It's late and I have college applications to work on. I'll take a second look at my vote in a bit; the fact that there are still three unexplained votes on HairyMezican is a bit worrisome. You three care to speak up?
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:25 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Driveby?

A bandwagon has to form sometime. Hairymex seems a reasonable choice so far with a very quick 3rd vote and a crap reason for doing so. He seems quick to throw his hands up too and not fight for a reprieve.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:08 am

Locus Cosecant wrote:
Genocide Heart wrote:And I agree that No Lynch is probably best for day games, but I'd like to get a bit more information first.
I
don't
agree. We have the chance to steal the initiative right out from under the noses of the town, shouldn't we take it?
As we will almost assuredly hit a mafia member, it's entirely possible that we shouldn't.

Not only are we lynching essentially at random, but the town most likely will not lynch one of themselves. This weights the vote heavily towards killing off a mafia member.

So it's really a matter of whether or not you think lynching one of ourselves is worth the extra information we'd gain (And note that we're already getting quite a bit just form the discussion.)
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:42 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

You say we're gaining extra information from the discussion. How, then, are we lynching at random? I prefer to remain optimistic about the mafia's ability to actually pick up on cues in people's posts; if we can't, why even bother to play this game?

In other news, since HairyMezican seems to welcome being firing squadded, I'm happy to oblige. My vote stays.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:35 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

yes, I'd also like to hear from you three...
Permanent V/LA.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:24 am

A lynch always kills a person 'at random' with the chances initially weighted towards killing a townie (Mafioso in this game, of course) and gradually shifting towards killing a mafia member (Townie in this game, again) as the game goes on (Since we gain more information.)

Regardless of what people post (Unless someone posts something really,
really
stupid.) that trend remains the same. The rate at which the odds shift changes from game to game, but later lynches all have a higher chance of hitting than early ones.

Right now, our lynch has almost no chance of hitting. We have information, but the odds start so far in the town's favor that it's not enough to balance things out, so waiting until tomorrow when we have a lot more an the chances start getting fair seems to me like a better idea.

All that said, though, hairy isn't exactly looking scummy right now and we might just get lucky.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:44 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

well we alread have a non-scum non role player claim-- in other words Hairy is saying he is a safe lynch.

We could vote No Lynch and it is usually to our benefit to do for except for the fact that it eliminates a good voting record.

I will Unvote- open to hearing which way folks want to go.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:32 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:yes, I'd also like to hear from you three...
errr, I meant to post that after post 88, but it didn't go through last night... :oops:
Permanent V/LA.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:42 am

Post by Uraj45 »

If we No lynch today, yes. We are effectively making day 2 day 1.
But, we have additional advantage. We've had discussion today. In general, all of the pro-(mafia) roles gain some extra information while offering very little to those annoying townies. And that's a nice advantage.
Aditionally, I feel that there is little to gain from hairy lynch at this point.
And in terms of voting record? Well we already have one, don't we?
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:51 am

Post by KingEnigma »

I dont see the need to no lynch today, it just doesnt make sense. We have this information sure. But what have we learned today? Nothing we've discussed pretty much nothing from what I can tell. The only info Ive got is that everyone wants to vote Hairy because of his 2nd freaking post!!

We can discuss all we want, but until somebody dies we've got nothing. People are going to die tonight sure, but to maximaze info we need to control who dies so we the mafia can get the most info. We dont want other people to pick who we find info out.

And why has noone come forward yet? My patience wears then.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:05 am

lol@KE...on a more serious note, I agree with KE...no lynch == bad is all but the most special cases...and this case isn't one of those, IMO...
Permanent V/LA.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:23 am

Post by Uraj45 »

This
is
a special case. starting with day is very unusual and making a practically random lynch can be saved for tomorrow.
We give the baddies
nothing
by not lynching.
The "no lynch is the devil" concept doesen't apply when you start with day.
Don't you see that all sorts of proi-town roles can make more informed night choices under these circumstances/
Making a random lynch on a free day (day 0!) will almost certainly hurt the town. No lynching will not.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”