Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Purple Orange »

You stealth-hydra'd? :( Or is Gonzoooo a known hydra I just didn't know about because I'm new?

I was inclined to side with the hydras-give-unfair-advantage side of the debate before this, but REALLY am inclined that way now, after this game. Dammit, I want a quicktopic and an extra set of eyes telling me I'm crazy or on the right track. :?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:10 am

Post by implosion »

TBH, the mafia QT is really boring xD. I have no problems with showing it if Smash/vollkan don't. The setup may have been broken simply considering that the mafia got the rolecop as early as possible (barring a mislynch on the rolecop, which would be really unlikely) and we never got any use out of it.

Also, as soon as I saw two VT deaths, I was praying that there wouldn't be a massclaim... I saw someone say to NL without talking, but sadly they had unvoted by the time I made it to the thread :(.

I also agree that it would be interesting as a larger setup, maybe even closed.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Purple Orange wrote:You stealth-hydra'd? :( Or is Gonzoooo a known hydra I just didn't know about because I'm new?

I was inclined to side with the hydras-give-unfair-advantage side of the debate before this, but REALLY am inclined that way now, after this game. Dammit, I want a quicktopic and an extra set of eyes telling me I'm crazy or on the right track. :?
Well, it was kind of an unconscious decision. We decided we wanted to hydra and it just kind of didnt' come up after the game started, so we decided it wouldn't be a big deal.

As far as the hydras are overpowered argument, I think you'd need to play with more hydras. Some are and some aren't. Both DDD and I are relatively decent players on our own, so perhaps Gonzoooo was. On the other hand, it honestly was mostly me posting so most of what you were seeing was VPB except for close to the beginning and closer to the end. I'm happy to share our QT if DDD wants to do that as well.

One interesting thing of note was that DDD had the initial negative gut reaction to dj, but I was doing all of the posting at that time. So I was kind of working from DDD's meta even though I was slightly less confident than him!

@lew - mod said it was up to the scum team if they want to reveal it or not.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

yeah, i'm fine with showing it. idr much of what was said anyway.

not really my best play at all, sorry guys. it was fun at least, while I was around.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:43 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Alduskkel wrote:One thing I've noticed about Jailkeepers is that they are crazy powerful if only one scum is left. It's kind of like they gain cop abilities if the Mafia continue to night kill.
I think jk's are way more powerful/useful than docs.
implosion wrote:The setup may have been broken simply considering that the mafia got the rolecop as early as possible (barring a mislynch on the rolecop, which would be really unlikely) and we never got any use out of it.
I don't think it was broken. Town was really strong and hardly any town were suspicious of other town.
Also you were slightly unlucky dj wasn't forced to claim which would have helped things for you.
VP Baltar wrote:As far as the hydras are overpowered argument, I think you'd need to play with more hydras. Some are and some aren't. Both DDD and I are relatively decent players on our own, so perhaps Gonzoooo was.
This.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Well, I'm currently undecided on the hydras are overpowered vs. not overpowered argument so I won't RAGE but I still think that you should have at least told
me
, your
, that Gonzoooo was a hydra.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, you're right. My apologies.
YOUR AD HERE

Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

VP Baltar wrote: As far as the hydras are overpowered argument, I think you'd need to play with more hydras. Some are and some aren't. Both DDD and I are relatively decent players on our own, so perhaps Gonzoooo was. On the other hand, it honestly was mostly me posting so most of what you were seeing was VPB except for close to the beginning and closer to the end. I'm happy to share our QT if DDD wants to do that as well.
I'd be quite interested in seeing the QT, if DDD doesn't mind.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

If I ever planned on modding Bullshit Mafia I might care because there are some minor notes in there, but I'm not modding material so have at it...

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/kWyiMStyBnWik

I think you'll find the alleged schematic advantage never really materializes. Also that I'm quite the jerk in private.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

VP Baltar wrote:
Purple Orange wrote:You stealth-hydra'd? :( Or is Gonzoooo a known hydra I just didn't know about because I'm new?

Well, it was kind of an unconscious decision. We decided we wanted to hydra and it just kind of didnt' come up after the game started, so we decided it wouldn't be a big deal.

As far as the hydras are overpowered argument, I think you'd need to play with more hydras. Some are and some aren't. Both DDD and I are relatively decent players on our own, so perhaps Gonzoooo was. On the other hand, it honestly was mostly me posting so most of what you were seeing was VPB except for close to the beginning and closer to the end. I'm happy to share our QT if DDD wants to do that as well.

One interesting thing of note was that DDD had the initial negative gut reaction to dj, but I was doing all of the posting at that time. So I was kind of working from DDD's meta even though I was slightly less confident than him!

@lew - mod said it was up to the scum team if they want to reveal it or not.
yeah, I missed that... apologies. If scum don't want, np.

I have nothing against hydras. I do not think they are overpowered per se. Moreover, this very hydra played very good, but I believe that single VP and single DDD would have played more or less at the same level as gonzooo...

all in all, I think that the best town-player in this game is DJ.

vollkan was prolly the best scum, but his smashbro vote was a big mistake, and so was his giving scumpoints to PO as soon as someone softly fosed him. I was surprised that no one openly agreed with me, but from the hydra-qt I see someone actually did :-)
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

DDD wrote:If I ever planned on modding Bullshit Mafia I might care because there are some minor notes in there, but I'm not modding material so have at it...
The wonders of post editing!
YOUR AD HERE

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am

Post by don_johnson »

vp: i wasn't trying to set you up. just kind of figured you had to be town once i realized how important the mafia jk was. had you gone with the plan their it would have been fine. when sss flipped i used the one on one off theory. had to shoot myk just to be sure. narrowed down scum between thad and implo. then looking at the wagon i saw volkans vote as the most likely to be a bus. thanks for sharing the qt.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:30 am

Post by mykonian »

wait.

I was vig-killed? That was my obvtown-non-caring-vanilla-with-little-time-meta...

Well, for the game. Wrong about Gonzo (VP, I really should avoid you. You are always scum), Wrong about PO, almost right on vollkan (next time I'll have you again), right about Don.

But shot by a townie :/ Well, there's a first for everything.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I PM'd vollkan for permission so here you go:
Mafia QT
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

last post
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorting bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”