xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:08 am

Post by xvart »

Vi, 67 wrote:
You didn't know Goofy was much much better as scum than Town? She was the one driving the scum team!

I don't know what to make of SpyreX's post. I don't know anything about his dis/like for being third party/SK, but more importantly I don't know why he would say he didn't draw orange in the first place. The logic behind picking orange as second can be explained by any number of things considering he didn't have an alignment at the time. His post is certainly no Town-tell, at any rate.
I can't really think of a reason to pick Orange as a second pick since there most likely is going to be at least one person out of any group of 25 that would pick Orange, so going for Orange as a second pick is just going to be a waste; especially when there is probably three basic permutations of color choices:
  • town color/town color;
  • scum color/scum color; or
  • SK color/town or scum color.
Picking [preferred alignment]/Orange just eliminates the opportunity to get a preference of alignment if the first choice is full already. I assume it would be pot luck for anyone who didn't get either of their choices of just filling in the cracks.
Vi, 67 wrote:What do you think of AlmasterGM?
Since he has little to go outside of his first post, I'm assuming you mean what do I think about him asking questions or the questions themselves? In general, I find RVQ (or whatever you want to call it) to be uninteresting unless there is subsequent discussion about whether or not the person asking the questions is role fishing and who is scummy for answering or not answering. I have no problem with the questions he asked as I don't see how scum could discern information from whether or not people got their first pick other than maybe processing along the lines of Andy's thinking of metaing people and their possible preferences. I suppose it might help one scum team identify other scum members if scum team A says "So-and-So got his first pick and would pick scum, and since he isn't on our team then he is probably on the other team."
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

k spyrex is out

so sad spyrex u have a conscious now

u cant bear to be an alliance when ur scum ud felel to guilty

unvote: vote: spyrex
It hurts the eyes, man. Not a conscious it just hurts the eyes (and its harder to type, and lazy).
I can't really think of a reason to pick Orange as a second pick since there most likely is going to be at least one person out of any group of 25 that would pick Orange, so going for Orange as a second pick is just going to be a waste; especially when there is probably three basic permutations of color choices:

* town color/town color;
* scum color/scum color; or
* SK color/town or scum color.

Picking [preferred alignment]/Orange just eliminates the opportunity to get a preference of alignment if the first choice is full already. I assume it would be pot luck for anyone who didn't get either of their choices of just filling in the cracks.
Sooo, considering this came AFTER I said what my thought process was are you saying I'm just making stuff up or not reading my words?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:20 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Fate wrote:sorry kublai i have a post restriction i cant talk good about why viscum
I didn’t know pointless rhetoric was a post restriction. You learn something everyday.
Spyrex wrote:didn't want to be scum. Thus, I picked town first. However, it's been a long, long time (if ever?) since I've been an SK so that might be a hoot. So, town/sk. SK second because that way IF I get my first pick I then can throw out the (albeit not very) useful tidbit that SK is probably in the game.
Umm, what?

You did read the first posts where Mod says the following, right?
MOD wrote:You also know that there is only one Orange Lantern.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

Umm, what?

You did read the first posts where Mod says the following, right?
You mean there couldn't be more than one SK? Ohhh perish the thought.

Unless you're saying someone would be foisted it without picking it that uhhh what means nothing.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Fate »

so if it hurts ur eyes y us spel conscious funnny

u out and claiemd ojscum pretty ballsy but ur lil game of

'oh i did it cuz then if town id have more info' is lol

u scum spyrex

u scum that doesn want to put effort into bein in the coolkidtown club cuz u know deepdow u aint 1 of us
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

Did I spell it wrong? I'm addicted to spellchecker sooo.

I flat out said it wasn't a huge thought out business. It was more a 'Don't want to be scum' 'SK could be fun' 'Town is fun' hence Town/SK with a side of knowing it exists if I don't get it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Toogeloo »

xvart wrote:
Toogeloo, 12 wrote:Unlike Vi, I will answer AGM's questions:
Why did you feel the need to point this out? Are you suspicious of Vi for not answering the questions?
Oops, Guderian already asked this.
Toogeloo, 31 wrote:Actually, Vi's response was the last one I saw before I started typing. Afterwards, there were a few more posts, and I didn't feel the need to edit based on the preview.
You didn't answer the question. Did you think it was suspicious at the time of your posting? And what is the relevance of it not mattering since nobody between Vi not answering the question and your comment refused to answer the questions?
Well, my answer was in reference as to why I posted the, "Unlike Vi..." comment. I don't care why AGM didn't answer his own questions, but if you guys are prone to wanting people to answer questions they ask, why didn't you answer the one you just asked me?

In seriousness, it was a simple response on my end (at least I thought it was), one that I thought was probably just going to be the 4th player's post in the game, and I actually don't give two craps about who did or didn't answer the questions, even Vi, if my post somehow showed that I was disgruntled at Vi for not doing so. It's a Random Question series as far as I can tell, and alignment for answering or not answering cannot be determined. Therefore, not answering, even if they are your own question, doesn't merit some kind of eyebrow raise, at least not at this juncture.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:42 am

Post by dramonic »

hey people!

will read up once I'm not catching a plane!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Fate wrote:sorry kublai i have a post restriction i cant talk good about why viscum

viscum is just is
Okay.. So in a game where the mod specifies that no VIs are allowed, you're claiming that you have a post restriction that causes you to post like a VI?

Or I guess you could be talking about the game-wide no ALL CAPS posts rule. But that just means that your postings are self-obfuscating and therefore you can quit being annoying at any time.
SpyreX wrote:I didn't want to be scum. Thus, I picked town first. However, it's been a long, long time (if ever?) since I've been an SK so that might be a hoot.
I'm confused. Why didn't you just pick two different town colors if you wanted to be town?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Fate and RECK are posting as they are more in protestation than anything else, and there might be a bit of attention whoring in there as well.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. Second choice. Hardly a surprise given how popular my first choice was.
Just noticed this. You are a man after my own heart MoI.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:20 am

Post by Katsuki »

heyhey reck im not getting the tans town logic here

only reason i can see spyspy picking orange second is to confirm the presence of an orange
that or he had some small inner desire and hope of being sk
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Katsuki »

oh ill be using @ signs too cant read who my posts are to and id rather not spam a full page of posts
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

The mods didn't specifically state (as far as I read) in the sign up thread as to which colors would be town and which wouldn't be.

If you know the flavor of Blackest Night and the Green Lantern series, you already know this information. If not, I posted it more than one and even linked the Blackest Night Wiki for people to read in the sign up thread.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Katsuki »

yeah they did state color alignments in the opening post
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

As for the no caps people, how about just using your grammar?

The lowercase and absence of it makes you seem so uneducated when I know it's the opposite.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Katsuki »

its hard when my comma period and apostrophe keys are broken along with the shift keys
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

Katsuki wrote:yeah they did state color alignments in the opening post
My bad, too much time between my /in and the game start.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Spy picking Orange second doesn't confirm the presence of Orange at all if he got his first pick. The odds of getting a town role or even a scum role are far more likely than getting the SK role, and it should have been his first pick if he wanted it. It would only confirm SK presence if he got neither of his picks. Spy's logic was that he thought there were going to be multiple SKs, based on his comment in #78.

That being said, I am fairly certain several people have already confirmed the existence of the SK.

PREEDIT:
[quote="Starbuck]The mods didn't specifically state (as far as I read) in the sign up thread as to which colors would be town and which wouldn't be.[/quote]

danakillsu wrote:@ RC
Please put this in the original post, so people don't have to read to here to see it.

This game is a UPick. When you /in for this game, you must PM ReaperCharlie and danakillsu two color choices (ranked first and second) from the following:
Red (Scum A)
Yellow (Scum B)
Orange (SK)
Green (Town)
Violet (Town)
Indigo (Town)
Blue (Town)

Of course, we do not guarantee that everyone gets even their second choice, but almost everyone probably will get one of their two choices. The town colors are all the same faction and do not necessarily know the members of their same corps. There is at least one member of each of the six factions listed besides Orange that has no abilities on its own. That is all we are revealing about the setup at this time.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Toogeloo »

meh... bad format, but you get the idea.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Not that I can really guess the setup, but I assume there are 4 of each Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Indigo, and Violet roles, and 1 Orange role. Hosts confirmed that at least one of each color (beside Orange) also have a power role.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Guderian »

Starbuck:
dana wrote:This game is a UPick. When you /in for this game, you must PM ReaperCharlie and danakillsu two color choices (ranked first and second) from the following:
Red (Scum A)
Yellow (Scum B)
Orange (SK)
Green (Town)
Violet (Town)
Indigo (Town)
Blue (Town)
Too wrote:I don't care why AGM didn't answer his own questions, but if you guys are prone to wanting people to answer questions they ask, why didn't you answer the one you just asked me?
Your initial preface to answering the questions was 'hey look at me, I'm answering these random questions, psst, do you notice who isn't! [Vi]' I was wondering why you even noted that at all, and then I followed up with the obvious statement that Alamaster didn't answer his own questions, yet you failed to notice or comment on that. Now you state you actually dont care who answers the questions or not, which seems to slightly contradict what you stated early when contrasting yourself with another player.

I isn't a flashing pointed sign with the word scum on it, but it does suggest that some of your words/posts dont have entire rock solid logic behind them.

Vote: Toogeloo

It's a Random Question series as far as I can tell, and alignment for answering or not answering cannot be determined
I'd like to know your thoughts on the question series. Do you think it was effective?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Guderian »

Cool, ninjaed by about 7 posts.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Katsuki »

ninjas are in this game it cannot be helped
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Guderian wrote:
Too wrote:I don't care why AGM didn't answer his own questions, but if you guys are prone to wanting people to answer questions they ask, why didn't you answer the one you just asked me?
Your initial preface to answering the questions was 'hey look at me, I'm answering these random questions, psst, do you notice who isn't! [Vi]' I was wondering why you even noted that at all, and then I followed up with the obvious statement that Alamaster didn't answer his own questions, yet you failed to notice or comment on that. Now you state you actually dont care who answers the questions or not, which seems to slightly contradict what you stated early when contrasting yourself with another player.

I isn't a flashing pointed sign with the word scum on it, but it does suggest that some of your words/posts dont have entire rock solid logic behind them.

Vote: Toogeloo

It's a Random Question series as far as I can tell, and alignment for answering or not answering cannot be determined
I'd like to know your thoughts on the question series. Do you think it was effective?
Like I previously stated. It was, at the time, the 4th player post of the game. Right after Vi, which was right after AGMs questions. I simply stated it because I was going to be different than Vi. After a preview edit, I didn't think it was worth changing my post simply from a few posts that got dropped between. I honestly don't care who answered the questions, as you can see they aren't even being discussed all that much. Is there a reason that AGM should be required to answer his own questions though, and why must I be the one to point it out to him? You've heavily implicated me for not asking AGM to answer them, but you yourself haven't really put any effort towards having him follow them up as well.

As far as random questions go, they are good for breaking the ice, but they really don't do anything beyond that, hence the reason I don't care whether people answer them or not. The context of "Unlike Vi..." is being taken to a quite literal concept that I am trying to distinguish myself as different (better?) than Vi, which is not the case at all. I could also state that, unlike Fate, I am typing in proper grammar. What does that say about me? Try taking a step back and reread the post in context.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

For those who just quoted the Mods post from the sign up post, apparently y'all didn't read my post 91.

I already knew/know who the bad guys/good guys are via being a big fan of the Blackest Night/Green Lantern comics. I own most of them.

Even got a Green Lantern wall clock for Christmas.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”