SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:54 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Hmm.

I'm going to guess that any cop saying 'I know X, Y and Z are innocent' is allowed, since I'd think it falls under the 'very basic descriptions, e.g. cop-type role'. Just something I was thinking about, as a side effect of the 'no role claim' thing.

Hm. Thought. It is possible, however, that any number of groups could be scum. The forces of Hell being scum is probable, but by no means certain. The horsemen being scum is even more probable - especially in light of the starvation death.

Given the text at the beginning, I'd say the measure of whether a faction is pro-'town' or anti-'town' can be gagued by simply asking: Do they want to bring about the end of the world? Scum do and town don't, I think.

I haven't read the books in a few years. But, I'm thinking we have multiple scum factions, maybe even three. In order of probability: Apocalyptic Horsepersons (Death, War, Famine, Pollution), Forces of Hell, (Satan, Beelzebub, Hastur, Ligur), Forces of Heaven (God, Metatron). I left Aziraphale and Crowley off as, if I recall correctly, they don't want the end of the world.

The Witchfinders make me nervous, given that there's three of them and one in charge, which I believe is the most common setup for a scum group. And, the burning death fits. But, vigilante-group fits as well, so I'm not thinking they're likely scum.

Them. Given that it wouldn't be the first time the good protagonists have been evil in a game of mafia, I'm not discounting the possibility of them being scum. But, for now I'll stick with the normal assumption - that they're pro-town. Especially given their active role in the prevention of the end of the world.

Phew. Now to actually find the book again, to make sure I didn't just spit out a load of garbage.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:16 am

Post by Fuldu »

The night scene specifically points out that the death of Beelzebub was a good thing (and doesn't for anyone else, leading me to believe that Them are pro-town, as was Aziraphale). Forces of Hell, then, are a highly probable scum group. The question, then, is which kill are they? Not malnutrition or a bicycle and they didn't kill one of their own. Possibly their kill was blocked, but I'm far more inclined to believe that they are the burning kill.

The witchhunters, further, aren't looking to end the world. In the book the two living in the present day are basically stumbling through the whole book just trying to get a handle on what's going on. The leader (from the fourteenth century or something) killed Agnes Nutter and was a bit of a freak. It's possible that he's an SK or a vig, but even that seems a stretch to me.

I've already said that I think it possible that Metatron is the SK. If memory serves, God was a somewhat indeterminate force in the book, so I don't really know, but if I were running this game, God might well be a red herring that I would leave out.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:23 am

Post by SubtleTactix »

Very eventful first night! I'm thinking witchhunters for the burning.
Random Vote: Stewie

--Tactix
[size=75]"No hard feelings Tactix, sorry about leading the crusade against you." -- Crola[/size]
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:43 am

Post by KingEnigma »

The game has started! Good Omens indeed!

vote: SinisterOverlord
a double post is unforgivable, maybe representing the duality of the antichrist? Maybe?

anyone? ......anyone?
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:37 am

Post by Polotet »

SinisterOverlord's two posts are exactly the same so I'm assuming it was an accidental double post and deleting one of them.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:20 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

okay 4 deaths and a mix of bad guys and good guys.

Random
vote Genocide Heart
(just giving more reason to not like me-hehe)[/b]
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:45 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Ooh! I've never read the books, so I'm afraid I won't be much help with deducing what roles did what. :?

[craplogic]
Random Vote: PeaceBringer
, because his name has 12 letters, and so does "Masterofevil".
[/craplogic]
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:26 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

vote: Thoth

I'm afraid I haven't read Good Omens too. It's funny, I haven't read Gaiman in a while now, and when I signed up on this game I was actually thinking of American Gods. Doh.

However, I am loving the flavor scenes in this game. Took a lot of thought, I could tell. This might shape up to be one of the best games I've been in.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:29 pm

Post by Coron »

Here, waiting to me semi-concious to post.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:47 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

fyi I know nothing about the book--
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:47 pm

Post by korais666 »

Totally random question: Weren't the four horsemen Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence? Where did Pollution come from? Or is that a thing special to Good Omens? I'm obviously not familiar with the book/movie/show/whatver and only joined the game because Polo was modding :D

Anywho, I'm going to hold off on character guesses because I don't know much about the characters, but once we get all this bike business sorted out I'll have some input. And yes, I'd assume famine caused the starvation death.
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:30 pm

Post by Polotet »

korais666 wrote:Totally random question: Weren't the four horsemen Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence? Where did Pollution come from? Or is that a thing special to Good Omens?
"[Pollution] had taken over when Pestilence, muttering about Penicillin, had retired in 1936. If only the old boy had known what opportunities the future had held..."
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:25 am

Post by mith »

korais, what's left to sort out about the bike business? It could be any of 13+ different roles, and so we likely won't get any clues about it until at least a few nights have passed.

Vote: lazarusmoth
. My first votes usually have something to do with suspecting that a "random" vote is not actually random, and this one is no different. This one is a bit weaker, but the odds of 10 real random votes not showing any repeats is only around 16%. I suspect one of the latter voters is doing the trendy random thing just to fit in, avoiding those that have been voted for so they don't attract the first second vote thing.

(Hey, at least it's better than roland's logic ;))
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:58 am

Post by JDTAY »

vote: mith

OMG, I just voted for mith, OMG. I am never washing this vote again.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:08 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

hehe JDTAY u forgot to unvote MOS first ;)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:45 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Ah! I finally got the book. I'd been nervous about being in this game without ever seeing a copy of it. Hopefully I'll soon be well-informed and capable of knowing what I'm talking about.

No real suspicions right now... I'm more hesitant to vote than, say, mith, but that issue looks like it has promise.
To be Continued...
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 am

Post by KingEnigma »

alright guys time to fess up, theres a reason that some of you guys have not heard of Good Omens, its because its all made up. An Angel antique dealer? Come on.

MOD, if you could just come on out and admit that you made all of this up, we can all continue on and not worry about having "read" it. And to all of you who have said that you read it. SHAME! SHAME for the lies!

I'll keep my vote on Sinister for now, because now his post has mysteriously disappeared. I dont like magic tricks, SO, I dont like them at all.

(dont believe me)
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:36 pm

Post by Aelyn »

KingEnigma wrote:alright guys time to fess up, theres a reason that some of you guys have not heard of Good Omens, its because its all made up. An Angel antique dealer? Come on.
Agreed, that's a ridiculous concept. However... what about an angel rare-book dealer, who trades in Soho in an attempt to discourage people who might be tempted to try to buy something? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:11 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

KingEnigma wrote:I dont like magic tricks, SO, I dont like them at all.
I'm going to hit you now.

*hits KingEnigma over the back of the head*

In other news - 32 people is a lot. What kind of scum numbers would be standard for a game of this size?
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:09 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

I think that's almost entirely dependent upon the power levels given to the various players. What the scum can do is probably more important than how many, just now- though I'd bet that we have multiple groups of scum with some nice abilities up their sleeves. This book has too many good role-ideas to pass up in favor of something as trivial as power balancing.
To be Continued...
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:57 pm

Post by olio »

PeaceBringer wrote:okay 4 deaths and a mix of bad guys and good guys.
Thanks for sharing! How do you know there are two baddies as well as goodies?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:01 pm

Post by Thoth »

Does someone already have an idea who killed Beelzebub? I cannot remember what character from the book would cause a sudden trauma eventhough I've reread it just over a month ago.
Sofar it indeed looks like the other kills were by forces of Hell, witchfinder's and the 4 horseman.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:07 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

My bet is on Crowley, who I think could be a serial killer in this game?
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Thoth wrote:Sofar it indeed looks like the other kills were by forces of Hell, witchfinder's and the 4 horseman.
I don't agree here.

I think:
bike = THEM or madame tracy
Burning = higher powers or witchfinders
malnutrition = four horsepersons
unknown source of death = higher powers or Aziraphale/Crowley
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:09 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

SinisterOverlord wrote:In other news - 32 people is a lot. What kind of scum numbers would be standard for a game of this size?

I'd guess he scum would consist of four Horsepersons, four Forces of Hell, and two Forces of Heaven.

So ten total, divided between three groups.

Nine, now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”