Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Congrats Farside... Now you rule over nothing.
Anyway. DAMMIT!
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Also, in the Mafia QT, farside says I was
ruining
her chances of winning. How the heck? I'd say I was helping you.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Duplicity wrote:
I can agree that it is possible that it was an attempted gambit however I do believe he is
an awful scum player
and therefore find the likelyhood of him pulling that gambit very low.

Duplicity underestimates me too much
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Nice ending - looked like a high quality game from what I read. Good job, farside.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Twistedspoon's gambit was awesome too.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Despite the loss this was actually one of my most enjoyable games on the site thus far and I have to congratulate the scum team especially Farside and Twistedspoon for playing such a good game, the gambit at the end there really threw me of and won the game for you guys.

I'll have my more detailed thoughts on the game up later tonight.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hoopla wrote:Twistedspoon's gambit was awesome too.

ty

I've learned a lot

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

oh, and one last thing

Twistedspoon wrote:
i can see a theme in this game, that everything is one-shot :/

was complete chance

I had honestly seemed to recall Javert saying he was one-shot at this point. Turns out I was wrong but justified a fakeclaim nicely later...

oh, and I thought it quite interesting when LL created the theory that I was a one-shot mafia rolecop or something

but the truth was it was chance
Last edited by Twistedspoon on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Screwtape
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Quilford »

neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by neil1113 »

I really enjoyed modding this game, and I wanted to thank all the participants for giving me such an enjoyable, and fun first game to mod! What I enjoyed most was getting the honor of watching all of you play, and seeing the positions everyone took, and the playing styles you each have. Needless to say, this was a very fun game to mod and I consider myself really blessed. :) So thanks.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Juls »

-------------------------------------
Juls
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:24 am

Post by farside22 »

Prosaurus wrote:Also, in the Mafia QT, farside says I was
ruining
her chances of winning. How the heck? I'd say I was helping you.

I wanted to win a day earlier. :P

No seriously it was that you were not online and I had to go thru another day of trying to convince people LL or you were scum. It was exhausting to say the least.
Also the mod sent me a PM at one point that I saved to share here.

neil1113 wrote:Remind me in my games with you, to push for a lynch on you regardless of rather or not you're scum. Because you're playing one heck of a scum in town's clothing card in Mafia 1147, and you've made me have to recheck to make sure you're scum partners with Twisted and Necessary Evil, because with the way you're playing I'd have pegged you as town. Just wanted to encourage you with this!

I actually laughed at this because I didn't feel I was doing that well. I give TS all the credit for his gambits. Had it not been for that I think I would have been lynched.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:32 am

Post by farside22 »

LOL reading the dead QT.
TS looking at the end of this wouldn't you say keeping LL alive was worth it now. :lol: :lol:
Also killing Dup helps for 2 reason's (1) it makes LL look bad because he was anti LL (2) both Pro and LL thought each other was scum.
I did think about not killing to make Pro look worse (since he wasn't around) but I didn't want the game to stall or a no lynch to happen the next day.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Duplicity »

I'm going to take a second to publically apologise to Gorilla because I did indeed give him quite a lot of shit for his vote on Farside just after the gambit occured and TwistedSpoon flipped scum. Alright, moving on:

Twistedspoon, your gambits (1-Shot Wise, Cop Claim and your 'Did I win') were genius and game winning and allowed your scummy behaviour to go unnoticed by many an amazingly long time. I feel bad for undestimating and insulting you because given how the game played out I would love to be on a scum-team with you again at some point in the future.

Farside, the way you managed to hold up throughout a large portion of the game was remarkable, especially your somehow nature town nature and frustration shown after the Twistedspoon flip. Had I been in a three way with you and LL I unfortunatly would have to admit that all likelihood is that I would have hammered incorrectly and given you the win.

Locke, I'm sorry man. I really am, I just wasn't seeing the Pros case at all for obvious reasons now and my insistant suspicion of you is something I'm slightly ashamed of because you stood your ground and defended yourself well, I would for another chance to play in a game with you in the future.

Pros, you really need to pick up in your content and actvity in future games, without meaning to sound cruel in any way I believe your playstyle would be greatly enhanced by playing a few more newbie games just to get you into the hang of things properly, with some experience you could be a good player.

Maxous, you're the other person I have to apologise towards, your lynch was a compromise based lynch because I was getting no support for a Twisted lynch apart from Farside who lol was scum. I've very much enjoyed both games I've played with you and would really enjoy a third, the same can be said towards Rhinox. You're a good player that uses logic well and in the right game would dominate.

Quilford, I'm really glad that you stopped lurking and actually started reassesing your actions throughout day two, you've a lot to learn as do I but I believe you will make for a great player in the future.

If anyone has any advice or critism in regards to my play this game I would love to hear it because if anything this game shows me that I haven't perfectly the hydra experience or my town play yet.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:02 am

Post by farside22 »

The best advice I can give you Dup is not to under estimate a player. Remember with each game you learn something from the game that helps you in another game that others do the same.
So if someone plays poorly in one game doesn't mean they will play poorly another game. They learned from the game and adapted.
It's something i watch for when I look at meta is how people adapted.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

awww thanks Juls :D

and I can't wait for our next scumteam game Farside. We were awesome :wink:

Regfan, I'd love to be in a scumteam or Hydra with you again sometime. I'd be honoured

I've improved a since the start of this game, and this will always be one of my favourites :3

had I not relied solely on my claim, then who knows how much better I'd have done :D

LL was incredible at getting me lynched. Thanks to his and duplicity's scumhunting I felt my lynch was inevitable for a lot of the day and realised I had relied too much on my claim. Credit to you both

Prosaurus I look forwards to playing with again too, and maxous was good fun.

Until next time eh?

~TS

P.S. Thanks again for the Nom Juls + All. I was so happy when I read the link :mrgreen:

P.P.S. Quilford, what drug were you on in the mason QT and where can I get some? :]
Last edited by Twistedspoon on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

~Screwtape
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Prosaurus »

@Dup My timezone is the problem, in my last game I was closer to the other players. Looking back at the game, I think I shoulda voted FS, what TS did to LL was a much less likely 'gambit' if they were both scum.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Maxous »

Knew that was coming.
Well done to the mafia team, you done very well.
I thought both sides played good.

I have my doubts that faking a guilty on NE was the best move in that situation but it all worked out I guess =D
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Maxous wrote:
I have my doubts that faking a guilty on NE was the best move in that situation but it all worked out I guess =D

what would you have done?

~Screwtape
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Oso »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Maxous wrote:

what would you have done?

[pops back in]

Risk analysis.
The odds of a true Cop getting a guilty in the situation are slim to none I would think. Too big a risk for scum that early in that game. A true cop would have been targeted by an RB or killed. Even if the killer ended up eating a lynch, if there were a watcher or tracker in the game, still an even trade for scum. Scum can't trade one for one with town but losing a goon in exchange for the cop is something I wouldn't even think about seriously as the likelihood is high that the Tracker or the Watcher is going to have to out themselves in order to get you a lynch esp. if the person making the kill has played at least semi-decently. Even if it costs a goon, the possibility of outright eliminating one PR (a dangerous one at that) and outing a second is too good to pass up despite the risk, in my opinion. You do have the possibility of a Doc save, Watch/Track combo that outs the killer but that brings me to my next...

The possibility of confirming a Doc/Jail Keeper/Town RB type role(s). You may end up with a No-Kill Night 1 but then you have confirmed a town role that can interfere with your kills. The involuntary no-kill N1 may not be optimal but it comes with a bit more knowledge about town power as compensation.

To answer your question, in your shoes I would have considered the following as optimal: Claim to have been blocked. You were a scum RB so there is a possibility that later in the game a town PR (this is generic here, not specific to this game) would have had a 'no result' night based on your actions and would have had to confirm that during claim. Puts a town point in your column because now you have a townie also saying they were blocked.

Next: Sell an innocent. I know I stated I had that problem with Ender's claim (and by association, yours) but there is absolutely no way (like the option above) that it can be proved as false at the time you give the result other than by a player convincing the majority that their gut feeling is accurate. It was more along the lines of 'be on the lookout'....

So that you were alive, unblocked and had a guilty result set off all sorts of flags for me. I was on my way out then (I asked for replacement early D2) so I dummied up and didn't say this then :) I wasn't comfortable posting at all once I knew I was going to replace out.

But it was interesting to read this (I kept up about once a week) and is one of the better games I been involved in (no matter how briefly) in a while. Thanks to all for that.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Javert »

Game seems to be balanced fairly, though I am curious as to why the mafia had a roleblocker when the only night action the Town had was a 1-Shot Cop. I can only presume it was included to make the mafia assume there must be more town actors at Night.
"I was born with scum like you."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Back from holiday. Very frustrating. By the time it got round to LyLo I'd gone round so many times in my head suspecting everyone that I didn't have the energy to question Farside again. I knew Pro was going to vote for me so I felt like I didn't have much choice either. I should have gone with my gut instinct on seeing that TS 'hammer', but hey, you live and learn (or not). I really hate playing town.

Duplicity: don't worry about it. It was one of those situations where it's really hard to comprehend why you're getting suspected, but when you think about it, there were valid reasons for everyone to say that. I felt like I'd put up a compelling case on TS in a situation where scum had no reason to do so and so it was personally frustrating for me to find myself as a top suspect when no-one had argued that lynch as forcefully as I had, and I didn't really think I'd done anything scummy either (other than perhaps being too honest about how often my mind changed!). At the end of the day, I kept going round in circles after finding new reasons why you all weren't scum, so I can't blame you for suspecting me.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”