Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Thomith »

there is a possibility that EK is faking the miller claim however i doubt it, i just find it towny that EK claimed miller straight away as to not confuse town more than needed later in the game.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:19 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Thomith, who are you talking to? Thoughts on what I just said?
To be clear: quack
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Thomith »

i was talking to Toro...

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Toro »

SleepyKrew wrote:
Toro wrote:1. You're attacking me over doubting your Miller claim. What you fail to realize is that all of us don't know who you are exactly, and that there is a possibility that you're faking the Miller claim so you can get the cop of your trail. Your attacking me due to my thinking appears jumpy to me.

You just admitted he's town.

Where? I did no such thing.

I said there's a possibility he's faking his miller claim, where did you get that I just admitted he's town?

Vote: Toro

Crap vote with crap reasoning, noted.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Toro »

Thomith wrote:there is a possibility that EK is faking the miller claim however i doubt it, i just find it towny that EK claimed miller straight away as to not confuse town more than needed later in the game.

As of right now it's a 50/50 shot that EK's faking the miller claim in my eyes. But as I said I'm going to sit back and watch EK
closely
until I have a stronger feel for what faction he's playing for.
Show

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:26 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Toro wrote:1. You're attacking me over doubting your Miller claim. What you fail to realize is that
all of us don't know who you are exactly
, and that there is a possibility that you're faking the Miller claim so you can get the cop of your trail. Your attacking me due to my thinking appears jumpy to me.

It may be me being slightly incoherent due to the time, but I think that's a scumslip.
So Totoscum, top scumspects?

PEDIT: No duh. We're all doing that. Way to make a big deal out of nothing. You just made my vote feel even better.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Toro »

SleepyKrew wrote:
Toro wrote:1. You're attacking me over doubting your Miller claim. What you fail to realize is that
all of us don't know who you are exactly
, and that there is a possibility that you're faking the Miller claim so you can get the cop of your trail. Your attacking me due to my thinking appears jumpy to me.

It may be me being slightly incoherent due to the time, but I think that's a scumslip.
So Totoscum, top scumspects?

PEDIT: No duh. We're all doing that. Way to make a big deal out of nothing. You just made my vote feel even better.

That is no way in hell a scumslip, by all of us I mean all of the town.

I've yet to do my full re-read so I can't yet provide you with my top scumspects, my NEXT post will provide my reads so far.
Show

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:30 am

Post by TBuG »

VOTE: Toro

And here's why!

Toro wrote:
SleepyKrew wrote:VOTE: Sundy

This ain't random is it?

Toro's first post was this, which looks to me like an attempt to make it clear he's paying attention without commenting on anything the slightest bit relevant.

The remainder of Toro's posts have been tunneling on Empking's miller claim, starting with agreeing with me that it seemed a bit sketchy:

Toro wrote:
PBug wrote:I guess I was just misguided, it didn't make sense to me because, as scum, claiming miller instantaneously can deflect suspicion, and it will likely perplex my future read of Empking... Buttt in light of Empking's explanation it makes sense. That and the fact that I haven't played in a while so I should probably screw my head on a little tighter.

I'm on this track of thinking as well, something's nagging at my head that Empking is not who he says he is.

<snip snip>

And the problem I have with Miller being claimed this early is that it can easily cover Emp's tracks upon investigation by a cop. The way people are all agreeing to it could solidifiy his spot in the closing stages. Don't take this as me wanting to get rid of Empking right off the bat but it's certainly something to think about.

IGMEOY: Empking

but he instantly backtracks into an IGMEOY, as though to make his subsequent attack
and claims of Empking attacking him
less notable:

Toro wrote:
Empking wrote:
Toro wrote:
Empking wrote:
No it's not. Once again, would a vote legitimize my case to you?

If you weren't merely throwing the thought out there then I wouldn't be voting you for merely throwing the thought out there. That's true.

I think you're trying to mis-read what I'm saying back there, you're trying to make it look like I'm pushing it as scum, but it is a strong possibility. Why so jumpy?

1. How am I jumpy?
2. If it was a "strong possibility" why did you "merely throwing the thought out there,". Surely a strong possibility deserves more than that.

1. You're attacking me over doubting your Miller claim. What you fail to realize is that all of us don't know who you are exactly, and that there is a possibility that you're faking the Miller claim so you can get the cop of your trail. Your attacking me due to my thinking appears jumpy to me.
2. No one else doubted the authenticity of your Miller claim, so I "threw it out there" to remind people that there's a chance you're lying.

The part that rubs me ESPECIALLY the wrong way is Toro's claims that Empking is suddenly attacking him. What?

Additionally, most of page three looks like Toro posting about how Empking might be scum. Yet, Empking refutes and suddenly it's an attack. I'd quote this all but it's already in one neat place for your viewing pleasure.

I would ask that others refrain from tacking votes on as Toro's now at four. A little more argument rather than a quicklynch on page four would be nice.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:31 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

It's 3 and a half pages. How long is a reread? And I didn't mean the "us" part.
The above is :goodposting:
Elfen
Elfen
Goon
Elfen
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Elfen »

Captain Corporal wrote:Also...
1. What timezone are you in?
2. Scum or Town, which is more fun?
3. RVS or RQS?
4. Batman or Superman (hint: Batman)?

Aaaannndd my own answers to those questions...
1. GMT +10 (Australia)
2. There are differences that make each side unique and good.
3. RVS, I like random voting. Questions are good, too, though, because it's fun and less "intense".
4. Batman, all the way.

1)(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
2)/ummm i say scum cause i like to be teh bad guy
3)both
4)Batman

RVS:Hoppster
cause random.org said so ::bows down to random.org::
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:37 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Elfen is so fail. Page 4 dude.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Thomith »

RVS ended ages ago Elfen...

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:39 am

Post by TBuG »

All things considered, I doubt anyone expected us to be out of RVS by halfway through page 1. XD
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:40 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

DATMILLAR
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Toro »

Captain Corporal

- Believes his questions are garbage, yet decides on posting them anyways. (Null)
- Contradicts himself in #23. If Empking
truly
is the miller than CC is scum in my eyes. (Scum)
JUDGMENT: With that contradiction I'm slightly leaning scum

------------------------------------

Panzerjager

JUDGMENT: Null til more posts are made.

-----------------------------------

jakesh97

JUDGMENT: Null til more posts are made.

----------------------------------

PBuG

- Good questioning thus far (through the first page) (Town)
- Case on me is junk but he comes off as a townie through it still (Town)
JUDGMENT: Probable town.

Empking

- Claims miller right off the bat, you all know how I feel about this. (Null)
- #27: Why the hell does he think he's a semi-likely Cop investigation right off the bat? This doesn't sit right with me. (Scum)
- #54: Clearly points out how the cop WON'T investigate him now, am I the only one who finds that interesting? (Null-Scum)
- Misrepresenting me in #60, I'm not subtly placing it in people's heads, I flat-out said it. That's also not claiming scum as he says it is. (Scum)
JUDGMENT: Definitely a major scumspect, I'm not sold on his Miller claim. But now I'm more on a 65/35 scum/miller thinking.

Hoppster

- First post of his (which includes a CC vote) appears serious, kind of appears as if he's jumping the gun here. (Scum)
- #26: Calls out Sleepy for over-eagerly rushing onto a wagon. Contradiction. Hopp overeagerly started a wagon and pushed for it in RVS. (Scum)
JUDGMENT: Lack of posts doesn't set anything in stone for me yet, but he's leaning scum.

SleepyKrew

- CC voted the Miller claim? What? Opportunistic vote. (Scum)
- "#25: Why should a miller wait to claim?" something's not sitting right with this for me for some reason. It's complicated but it might be nothing. (Null)
- Seems to genuinely believe that the Miller role is in this game. (Null)
- #44: Jumping all over with his votes. How did Sundy defend herself well enough that you could take your vote off him/her? (Null)
- #49: How the hell can you read the thread but still makeup that CC voted Emp? (Scum)
- #53: Miller Mason Recruiter? What?
- #74: Makes up some garbage that I admitted Empking is town, misrepresentation at it's finest. (Scum)
JUDGMENT: Looks scum in my eyes, near the top of my scum list.

---------------------------------

Sundy

- #37: Doesn't feel like doing an RVS? That's odd, considering he/she's played 9 games on this site. (Null)
- #43: Focuses strictly on Sleepy in this post, but does post their thoughts. (Null)
JUDGMENT: Null, for now.

Elfen

- For the love of God, no. (Null)
JUDGMENT: Wake up.

Thomith

- Posting thoughts on game so far. Thru #50. Not really contributing though. (Null)
- Still hasn't contributed anything. #62. (Null-Scum)
JUDGMENT: Is just coasting along echoing others thoughts and hasn't contributed, I think we might have scum here trying to lay low.

Vote: Thomith
Show

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Thomith »

This is the thing i never understand, if you have a strong FOS why do you vote someone else other than your strong FOS?

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Toro »

Thomith wrote:This is the thing i never understand, if you have a strong FOS why do you vote someone else other than your strong FOS?

Because here's the thing, it's not certain that Empking is a miller or not. I don't want to keep my vote on him throughout the whole day phase and potentially mislynch a townie. It won't be until further evaluation that I will be able to figure out if Empking's claim is genuine or not. You meanwhile seem to be coasting along echoing others ideas. Active lurking me no like.
Show

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Thomith »

Ok, yes i have been echoing others ideas, but i have also tried my best to state my opinions as well, also what is your definiton of active lurking, because it seems that it is different from mine.

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 am

Post by Toro »

Thomith wrote:Ok, yes i have been echoing others ideas, but i have also tried my best to state my opinions as well, also what is your definiton of active lurking, because it seems that it is different from mine.

Echoing is a major part of active lurking in my definition, active lurking to me means you're not contributing much and you're
trying
to appear active.
Show

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Thomith »

and hasn't contributed,
i have contributed more than some and trying to post my thoughts on hapenings, i dont see where i have been
trying
to appear active.

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Toro »

Thomith 40 wrote:I leave for a day and already 2 pages and we are out of RVS, something tells me this is more different to newbies than i imagined.
Anyway.

1. What timezone are you in? GMT
2. Scum or Town, which is more fun? Town
3. RVS or RQS? RVS
4. Batman or Superman (hint: Batman)? this is relevant how?

no really i can understand how the first 3 could help us but what is the 4th question there for? also tell me if i am understanding right, millers claim early so they don't mess up cop reports later in the game/ to reveal sanity, that is how i think miller claims are used anyway.
and seeing as it seems we are out of RVS i will hold back my vote for now.

Here all you do is ask about CC's questions and you just question on how the miller would play re: claiming.

Thomith 48 wrote:If even you think they are aweful questions, why ask them? I don't care about answering questions but if they won't help in the long run i dont see the point.

Sleepy did you read the thread before saying CC voted for the miller claim or even acknowledge who he voted for?

The EK claim seems town, as if i am understanding right a miller claims Day 1 so the Cop isn't hindered in the long wrong.

Here you ask CC why ask questions that you think are bad, so far this is the only thing you have contributed,
BUT
it's not helping in the scumhunting department.

Thomith 50 wrote:hm... ok then, but still i find it weird but sure.

Here you sound uncertain about the whole thing, are you uncertain about his explanation? If so, raise some sort of concern over it. It appears you bought Sleepy's explanation too easily.
Too
easily.

Thomith 55 wrote:@CC But the last question was out of place there, the first 3 could have been used/be used later to scumhunt but the last one seemed very out of place to the others.

@SK i just feel the mistakes you made aren't really town like imo, null tell not scum tell atm but i have my eye on you.

also of course mafia can claim miller but it should help town if miller claims early so cop isnt screwed over in lylo if they investigate them.

Here you complain about the 4th question being "out of place", not all RQS questions always pertain to the game. Although that's not saying that RQSs should be full of non-game-related content.

Wait. You feel that Sleepy's mistakes
aren't
town-like, but you don't say they aren't scum either? Which do you feel they lean towards more, town or scum?

It
should
help town if miller claims early, but who knows if Emp is really the miller? If Emp is indeed scum then he's saved himself from being investigated by the cop and has an excuse if the cop
did
investigate him.

Thomith 69 wrote:So you would have prefered it if Toro didn't say anything about it?
also one vote wont start a BW unless there is a solid case on the person being voted.

Not really providing content here, just talking about basic game theory and just asking SK if he would've preferred if no one spoke about the miller. Regardless if I did it or not, someone was going to bring it up.

Thomith 76 wrote:there is a possibility that EK is faking the miller claim however i doubt it, i just find it towny that EK claimed miller straight away as to not confuse town more than needed later in the game.

Here's a monster sized echo about the possibility Emp is faking the claim. How do you find Emp claiming miller right off the bat as town-ish? Would you agree that scum could possibly use the miller claim as an excuse to avoid being investigated?

Thomith 87 wrote:RVS ended ages ago Elfen...

Useless post.

-----------------------

With some fluff posts and your echoing it appears you're not trying to actively scumhunt and just want to settle in with the flow.
Show

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Thomith »

Wait. You feel that Sleepy's mistakes aren't town-like, but you don't say they aren't scum either?
what i meant by this is that they give me a null tell but are not scummy enough for a scumtell

I agree EK could have faked miller as mafia to get the cop off their back but it is usually towny to claim miller off the bat to help town later.

#69 was asking if you didn't say anything about the miller would they not suspect you, basically seeing if the case on you was based on facts other than you questioning the miller claim.

It should help town if miller claims early, but who knows if Emp is really the miller?

No one, but it doesn't make him a likely scum candidate because he claimed it.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

bump for VC
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape