Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:
Antifinity wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:
What is a RNG? never heard that term before or maybe i am rusty.

RNG. I used a random number generator for my first vote because I was in a hurry.
I'm convinced this cult-wagon-thing is nuts, and everyone involved is crazy.
The miller thing is more serious, and for flavor reasons, I'm inclined to believe it.
I'm going to put my less random vote on Candle Jack, for caring far too much
vote: Candle Jack

Candle Jack is my mason buddy. I get mad when you vote for my mason buddies. Who would you say is floating on the sidelines and needs serious pressure?

PEdit: Drew those questions were still noise designed to look town, they were stupid as SIN.

Masons now too? Why the hell would you out that fact for no good reason?

Unvote, Vote: GreyICE
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #4

Amrun (2)
- animorpherv1, StevieT92
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (2)
- Pomegranate, Nocmen
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (2)
- malthusis, Antifinity
C-Worl (0)
-
kanyeknowsbest (0)
-
Nocmen (0)
-
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (0)
-
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (0)
-
drewoftherushes (1)
- Celebloki
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (1)
- vollkan
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (3)
- GreyICE, Candle Jack, ace5993
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (2)
- LobsterCatapult, ZeL1nK
LobsterCatapult (1)
- Amrun
animorpherv1 (1)
- Starbuck
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (8)
- Kawaii, C-Worl, kanyeknowsbest, Surye, GhostWriter, SpyreX, Kast, drewoftherushes

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Last edited by Kdub on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

Nocmen wrote:Masons now too? Why the hell would you out that fact for no good reason?

Ooh, interesting. The plot thickens.

I give you one post to identify the enormous error you just made.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:
Nocmen wrote:Masons now too? Why the hell would you out that fact for no good reason?

Ooh, interesting. The plot thickens.

I give you one post to identify the enormous error you just made.

Here's the possibilites
1. You are masons with him. While he is able to back your claim and make you town, you revealed another protown role without any pressure on you, or with no benefit. Pure anti-town,
2. You aren't masons, which is a direct lie to us. Again, Anti-town.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Celebloki »

Okay, for starters RVS
Unvote: drewoftherushes

I legitimately think that the cult mention by amrun was just an RVS tactic. She saw she was in a game with someone she had a previous game with and mentioned a part of said previous game as part of her random vote. Then she found out it was a bad idea and has been trying to get it to drop because it was just RVS to begin with.

Starbuck seems to still be very sensitive over this and has done nothing but attack others for bringing it up with her posts. Again I don't find this town or scummy, just drama from previous games that doesn't need to be here.

GreyIce is just playing like he always does, I have never played with him, but I have read various games with him in it and he always plays like this. I don't think it is necessarily anti-town.

Kast seems to have a real beef with GreyIce and his play-style and most of his posts have just been insults at GI.

All of the above to me is crap that has no significance to the game and I think is just noise filling up the thread. What I do find interesting is how quickly Candlejack and animorpherv1 jumped on amrun for the cult mention and how they are perpetuating that it was not just RVS. More than anything this seems like the people keeping this cult crap around. Maybe Candlejack took it too seriously and just can't let it go, but animorpherv1 seemed to just sheep on amrun behind CJ because he thought it would be a good wagon to join. Therefore
Vote: animorpherv1
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Candle Jack »

GreyICE wrote:
Antifinity wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:
What is a RNG? never heard that term before or maybe i am rusty.

RNG. I used a random number generator for my first vote because I was in a hurry.
I'm convinced this cult-wagon-thing is nuts, and everyone involved is crazy.
The miller thing is more serious, and for flavor reasons, I'm inclined to believe it.
I'm going to put my less random vote on Candle Jack, for caring far too much
vote: Candle Jack

Candle Jack is my mason buddy. I get mad when you vote for my mason buddies. Who would you say is floating on the sidelines and needs serious pressure?

PEdit: Drew those questions were still noise designed to look town, they were stupid as SIN.

Care to explain exactly why you are
LYING
about being a Mason with me?

You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Candle Jack »

EBWOP: -Tar
You said my name?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:43 am

Post by malthusis »

Candle Jack wrote:

LYING

No town player would lie about being masons with another, and I'm far more inclined to believe Tar then you.
Unvote, Vote Greyice
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 am

Post by GreyICE »

Wow no one gets my sense of humor, do they.

Tar is way town and the vote was crap. What the fuck is the point of a miller mason anyway :roll:

Brains, children.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:58 am

Post by malthusis »

Candle Jack wrote:

LYING

That still doesn't answer the question....
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

I thought that was a pretty obvious joke. Why would GI-scum lie about it when Candle Jack could easily confirm it's a lie?

This is null for me. Although the responses and vote shifts because of it have got my interest.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 am

Post by GhostWriter »

malthusis wrote:
Candle Jack wrote:

LYING

That still doesn't answer the question....

Actually, it does.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Amrun »

Guys, Grey has joked about being masons with me before when we were both town. Also it was an obvjoke. Chill.

VOTE: Nocmen

For flipping out about it - looks like he's looking for categorical flaws (LYNCH ALL LIARS! YOU LIED!) rather than intent.

Still want to hear more from Lobster, though.

Nocmen: Kast's thought processes seem genuine to me - he just seems a little angry. I wouldn't say he is excessively town, but I see no need for a serious lynch-worthy wagon on him.

vollkan: Pom's #41 was like, "Well, what Amrun did was scummy, but it could have been a mistake, so maybe it's townie. Also, I'm going to extend RVS and not contribute. Bye." Her more recent post was better, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Kast »

@Noc-
You are posts aren't flowing well. Initially you objected that my reads are hypocritical for not including a vote. Now you admit votes aren't necessary, but conflate this with an unrelated statement that fluff is different from reads. Using my explicitly declared uncertainty about Grey is false evidence; my reads on Grey are NOT what we were discussing in the first place.
Noc wrote:Also, you seem very against Grey's claim, and if you are...why aren't you voting him?
This is more silliness resulting from Grey's initial flailing. Grey accused me of attacking him for fake claiming. That never happened.

I suggest you read again or read more carefully if you think the only thing I've posted is calling Grey a VI and discussing old games.

@Ace-
If you're going to bother quoting context, you should take the extra time to read the context.
If you believed the statement in bold why did you feel the need to do the italic statement.
I felt the need because people like you (and I suspect Candlejack as well) are going to be dense and fallaciously claim that thinking someone is joking is equivalent to thinking the person is seriously fake claiming.
Also the bold statement is a lie:
The bold statement is false. As you quoted, I explicitly asked whether GreyIce was
SERIOUS
or not. If he was not being serious, then his claim was clearly opening game joking (ie. it is meaningless). If he was being serious, then there exists possibilities of telling the truth or fake claiming. Nowhere have I ever suggested or implied the latter; rather I have explicitly indicated the former is more likely due to the demonstrable nature of his claim.
And I can't find where you explicitly contrasted anything.
Sounds like a personal problem ;)
(You just quoted it, so I'm not buying it if you pretend you did not see/understand it)

@GreyIce-
Posts like this make it seem like you really don't care to play this game any more than to insult and belittle people who disagree with your current set of beliefs. You haven't posted anything significant or relevant aside from making a claim. Change that please.
P-Edit- Joking to be masons with CJ doesn't count as posting anything significant.
Spoiler: If I thought it would be helpful, I'd be pursuing this. On re-read it's just GreyIce trying to distract town from playing so he can continue having fun screwing with town.
If someone isn't KILLED at night, why would I watch/track to them?
We don't know what your power is. If someone is nightkilled and protected, why should any of us think you WOULDN'T track/watch to them? Your claimed ability is to track/watch to people who are
nightkilled
not specifically people who
die
at night.
-To be clear, you are stating that you ONLY track/watch to people who actually die (and potentially anyone you target with unclaimed abilities (and because you probably don't know any better, don't clarify whether you have unclaimed abilities)). This is relevant in the case that a tracker or watcher sees you targetting someone who is NOT killed.
--In the event you are being careless and did not actually know or check with the mod, then please do so.
As for roleblocking all watchers by inserting my name, NO. Why the FUCK wouldn't I mention that if I did THAT?!?
"Why the FUCK [did]n't [you] mention that"? It looks like you have no reservations against sharing that info now. Why would you think we know how your claimed power works, especially given you claimed something different from what you actually meant AND you refused to answer questions on it?

Also, explain your reasons for initially voting me since you clearly have no problem answering my questions.

@Noc/Jack/Malthusis-
Given he was
joking
and not
seriously fake claiming
, do you intend to keep your votes?

@Jack-
What is the point of voting GreyIce? He obviously wasn't telling the truth, but it's not like he had any expectation of successfully deceiving the town. You seem to have a hair trigger for voting people first and thinking later. Please don't be an end game liability.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 am

Post by GhostWriter »

ace5993 wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:I'm not getting a really scummy read of Kast, but I don't think the wagon is completely unfounded, however I wouldn't like it to see it get out of hand.

"I don't think Kast is scummy, but I'll agree to a wagon on him, so long as it doesn't get so big that I have to actually make a stand".... yep

I feel this is a better avenue than anything else available.
VOTE: Stevie
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Nocmen »

Kast wrote:@Noc-
You are posts aren't flowing well. Initially you objected that my reads are hypocritical for not including a vote. Now you admit votes aren't necessary, but conflate this with an unrelated statement that fluff is different from reads. Using my explicitly declared uncertainty about Grey is false evidence; my reads on Grey are NOT what we were discussing in the first place.
Noc wrote:Also, you seem very against Grey's claim, and if you are...why aren't you voting him?
This is more silliness resulting from Grey's initial flailing. Grey accused me of attacking him for fake claiming. That never happened.

I suggest you read again or read more carefully if you think the only thing I've posted is calling Grey a VI and discussing old games.

1. I'm pressuring you for a vote, anywhere. Stop being so neutral.
2. Let's go over all of your posts up to this point:

The only parts of posts that can be construed as reads from you:
Kast wrote:@CandleJack/Morph-
Opportunistic much?

@Anti/Ace-
Feeling the waters? Not liking these posts.

Kast wrote:
Post #23 is the flailing. It has nothing to do with Amrun. GreyIce did something idiotic as town; but if he is serious town, then he can mitigate his crap-play by answering some simple questions that will help us avoid misinformation and evaluate future claims/actions/events.

@Candlejack-
Is there a reason you are so paranoid and trying to make everyone else paranoid about Amrun? If you genuinely believe his comment is as harmful as you keep claiming, then there shouldn't be any reason to avoid explaining to the town why and how you think Amrun's comment could hurt us. Simply claiming "CULTS ARE TEH EVIL!!@!" doesn't cut it. Instead of just telling us Mind Screw 3 was horrible because of the cult speculation, tell us how Amrun's comment even minutely leads to what happened in Mind Screw 3.

Referring to Candlejack again

@Pom-
You're right, it's not obvious sarcasm on it's own, but even pretending it is, that only addresses the first line. The remainder of his post is gibberish with an OMGUS added to it.

That's it.

Kast wrote:
@Noc/Jack/Malthusis-
Given he was
joking
and not
seriously fake claiming
, do you intend to keep your votes?

Given that you seem to dislike him completely, and see his as either scum or hurting town, do you intend to vote him?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:54 am

Post by GreyICE »

Kast wrote:
@GreyIce-
Posts like this make it seem like you really don't care to play this game any more than to insult and belittle people who disagree with your current set of beliefs. You haven't posted anything significant or relevant aside from making a claim. Change that please.

@Kast: No, that was actually a suggestion that Pomegranate was doing the classic 'fos scum, vote town.'

AKA she's scum.

I'm pretty sure I'm playing the game fairly well, Nocmen more or less claimed scum in his last post if you pay attention to it, and Tar confirmed himself v. townie (like we didn't know this) and also a tad unstable (LAL, really? Does that like ever work?).

You sitting there and whining rather than trying to figure out what's going on doesn't feel super town. And I'm waiting for Nocmen to post. Plus you're probs scum, so well etc. My votes where it should be :D

PEdit: Nocmen, one last chance. What was terribly, terribly wrong with your vote on me?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Surye »

GI's mason claim is not the first obvjoke mason claim I have seen in RVS. Though it would not be the first time they were also scum.

I actually like some of the early Kast case, I don't think it should be as dismissed as some have. I'm not saying it's scum slip level, but it's definitely an awesome wagon to start this day.

VOTE: Kast

Old game grudges are boring, as I am not involved in them.

I hate the page 1 FoS's. Grow a pair.

I am glad I skipped RVS, though I didn't mean to, I didn't bookmark/sub this thread.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:
Kast wrote:
@GreyIce-

@Kast: No, that was actually a suggestion that Pomegranate was doing the classic 'fos scum, vote town.'

AKA she's scum.

I'm pretty sure I'm playing the game fairly well, Nocmen more or less claimed scum in his last post if you pay attention to it, and Tar confirmed himself v. townie (like we didn't know this) and also a tad unstable (LAL, really? Does that like ever work?).

You sitting there and whining rather than trying to figure out what's going on doesn't feel super town. And I'm waiting for Nocmen to post. Plus you're probs scum, so well etc. My votes where it should be :D

PEdit: Nocmen, one last chance. What was terribly, terribly wrong with your vote on me?

Please, explain it to me.

Also,
Unvote, Vote: Kast

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were joking for now.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

Clarification on the point on Kast: I have no problem with the people wagonning him as I think he is mildly scummy - I am not however going to vote for him.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Because that completely helps things. You have no vote down, an FoS on the main driving force behind Kast's wagon, yet you have no problem with the people on the wagon AND find Kast mildly scummy, but npt enough for a vote or even an FoS? Yeah...
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

unvote, vote: GreyIce

Multiple posts, still hasn't answered the many legitimate and direct questions. Instead he did a pointless fake sarcastic claim which serves no purpose. Answer the questions, defend yourself against the points against you. Ignoring them is a sure route to getting lynched. You are doing a good job of scumhunting, and made a good point about Pomegrant's fos and vote. However, ignoring everyone who is criticizing you is very scummy.

As for Amrun, what he did is a scumtell. I'm quite sick of this debate but I believe its a scum tell, and worth a vote at that stage of the game. Not everyone in this game agrees with this, and frankly its been debated to death so I'm going to try and move past it. His recent posts have been good.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Amrun has a penis?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Nocmen »

StevieT92 wrote:

As for Amrun, what he did is a scumtell. I'm quite sick of this debate but I believe its a scum tell, and worth a vote at that stage of the game. Not everyone in this game agrees with this, and frankly its been debated to death so I'm going to try and move past it. His recent posts have been good.

Why is it a scumtell? Because of an offhand cult mention, that may or may not refer to a previous game? At the same time, you've switch to grey for his mention of masons, which is attributable to almost the same thing Amrun did?

Doesn't help that you vote right after you get criticized for it too.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

Nocmen wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:

Why is it a scumtell? Because of an offhand cult mention, that may or may not refer to a previous game? At the same time, you've switch to grey for his mention of masons, which is attributable to almost the same thing Amrun did?

Doesn't help that you vote right after you get criticized for it too.

No I voted GreyIce because yesterday I posted that if he did not answer my questions I would vote for him. He did not answer my questions. I am voting for him.

If you want to see why I think the cult mention is a scum tell, then read my posts. That cult post has derailed a lot of our day one discussion. Its a scumtell and I'm not the only one who thinks that. If you disagree with that it's fine but to attack me over that is ridiculous.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”