Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Elaborate on what? I've seen you defend yourself with selfmeta a bunch of times. I found it to be a hypocritical comment.

And I take offense to the "useless and terrible" comment.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Ghostlin - it's not passive. I'm saying whoever has Roxie should claim. I see no legit reason to keep that hidden since we all know that second vote is there. If scum have it in their possession and can vote secretly, then that is a major concern of mine.

@Reck - So you point is that I voted Quilford without any reasoning and then hoped someone like xvart would come along to explain it for me? What about the post where I questioned him was unclear to you, particularly when I specifically mentioned his Sotty reasoning?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I think VPB is reading things into xvart's vote that xvart never said; in fact xvart's reasoning was a real weak point about number of words and having enough time to post which seemed more charade than substance. I actually like Sotty's vote and I think Baltar is tilting at windmills.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 96, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 92, VP Baltar wrote:Well, I'm operating under the premise that whoever has Roxie can vote in secret since no one has fessed up to having that pet. If it's a public vote, then clearly what I said is moot. If no one comes forward to claim Roxie, then I think it's worth being cautious around.

I feel funny about this post. It reads like passive aggressive rolefishing to me. I'm not ok with someone going 'I have Roxie and my pet can vote', particularly since if Roxie is in the votecount, we should be able to see where Roxie's vote is.

So you are happy there is a potential unclaimed vote out there? You realize it doesn't matter that we can see this vote if we don't know who is using it and why.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 100, Kublai Khan wrote:Elaborate on what? I've seen you defend yourself with selfmeta a bunch of times. I found it to be a hypocritical comment.

And I take offense to the "useless and terrible" comment.

I'd love to see some examples of this.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 101, VP Baltar wrote:@Reck - So you point is that I voted Quilford without any reasoning and then hoped someone like xvart would come along to explain it for me? What about the post where I questioned him was unclear to you, particularly when I specifically mentioned his Sotty reasoning?

It just felt, to me, like that post was sort of fluffy, then xvart came along and presented you with reasons you could actually latch onto, and so you did.
green shirt thursdays
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:40 am

Post by xvart »

In post 81, Kublai Khan wrote:@xvart - what's your opinion of the lewarcher82 wagon?
I don't really have any feeling on it; I can appreciate the reasons why people are voting lewarcher and I think it is a decent page three wagon but I think the evidence against Quilford is more substantial at this point.

In post 85, Sotty7 wrote:Well when I read what he said about my vote I thought it was pretty weak and silly really. If anything I think it was his way of agreeing with my gut vibes on Jason's first post. What I don't see is how quickly you build the bridge from silly to scummy. Quliford wasn't trying to say I'm confirmed town or anything, and it's not like it's a read that's locked in. From what I have seen of Quliford he does this kinda thing, it's a null tell. But you were all over it like it was a massive thing. I don't see it. I think you blew it up.
You're missing the point. I don't really care so much about the town read from a vote post. I care about the explanation after the fact that doesn't fit with the chronology, plus the pomp and circumstance that lead to him delaying the read to only say "she voted Jason so that is town". The explanation does not fit the behavior, and that is why I am voting Quilford.

In post 102, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I think VPB is reading things into xvart's vote that xvart never said; in fact xvart's reasoning was a real weak point about number of words and having enough time to post which seemed more charade than substance. I actually like Sotty's vote and I think Baltar is tilting at windmills.
"The number of words" may be sensationalized but the content of my post is absolutely clear. Upon being questioned specifically about his Sotty town read, Quilford came back and said "VP I'll get to you a bit". Then Quilford explained that he had an exam. Then, later, Quilford comes back with a big post with multiple reads, none of which are Sotty. Then when he gets questioned again about the Sotty town read he says "Sotty is town because she voted Jason". That sure is a lot of build up for something that is apparently so easily explained. Plus, at the time of the original vote on Jason he (Jason) had said nothing that would indicate alignment (unless not saying anything game related within the first 14 posts of the game is scummy) so how can Quilford possibly justify that Sotty RVS voting Jason is a town tell at all?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

So let me get this straight, you're voting Quilford because he didn't further elaborate on his read of me, yes?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:51 am

Post by xvart »

In post 107, Sotty7 wrote:So let me get this straight, you're voting Quilford because he didn't further elaborate on his read of me, yes?
I'm voting Quilford because it appears that he got caught in a read that he didn't really have then provided a justification that has no basis in reality from the posts that had been made. Why does he think that your RVS vote on Jason makes you town based on Jason's first two posts within 14 posts of the game starting? If there was some history between the two of which I am unaware I think it would have already come out with the level of discussion those two have had in talking about previous games; otherwise it is a phoney bologna read trying to skate by under the guise of the real deal.
I only read quote walls.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Sotty7 »

It was page one of the game. What more could
"Sotty reads town Vote: The same person she is voting"
mean other than Quilford also agreed with my initial gut scum read of Jason?

Expecting him to have a whole slew of reasons for an early game read outside this one thing, is pretty freaking mind blowing to me at this point.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 105, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 101, VP Baltar wrote:@Reck - So you point is that I voted Quilford without any reasoning and then hoped someone like xvart would come along to explain it for me? What about the post where I questioned him was unclear to you, particularly when I specifically mentioned his Sotty reasoning?

It just felt, to me, like that post was sort of fluffy, then xvart came along and presented you with reasons you could actually latch onto, and so you did.

Feels to me like you're the one with fluffy reasons here. My post was pretty clear and a concise version of what xvart said, whether you choose to agree with it or not. I also think you're 'goading Sotty' and 'Kk is terrible' comments were pretty weak sauce as well. You seem eager to pick fights without a lot of substance to what you're saying.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Well you were trying to goad/bully me initially. So I do agree with that comment.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm not saying I didn't give you a jab there. I'm saying Reck acting like me stirring things up early game is scummy is malarky. He's making broad swipes like 'goading sotty into this'. Well, what is this? Why is me getting a reaction out of sotty a bad thing to do? That's my point.
YOUR AD HERE

lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:49 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I'm saying you're stretching in unbelievable ways, taking what should be a 'getting to know you' flavor claim and trying to turn it into a scum tell. That only dumb scum do.

After which I decided to change it into "she is a town VI" for no apparent reason, except perhaps making sure that both those who think it was a scumtell and those who think it wasn't are now voting me.

And this is how I got to L-2 in 5 hours and 50 minutes.

@Vi: no, I don't recall to have ever seen scum be so stupid to do it. I have, however, seen poor scum players do it on quicker games, f.i. epicmafia. However, I don't know glowball, so I saw no reason not to draw her attention on the fact that she did something which is anti-town.

@quil: no, I will not point you to any meta in which I get angry with players, because I didn't get angry at anyone here (unless by angry you mean defining an idea terrible or calling someone a VI), and because I find this request rather silly in the first place.

Attention, please. Roxi is likely a double voter, which means that you guys potentially put me at L-1 in 6 hours for no reason. Before you decide to quickhammer me, let me know. It's ridiculous to be put in the situation that requires such a warning 24 hours from game start, but well, I have no other choice.

@ghotslin: ^this is the reason why VP commenting on Roxi is not fishing, but a wise analysis of the current situation.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:02 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Ghostlin ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

glowball ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

JasonT1981 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Kublai Khan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

lewarcher82 ( 7 )
Vi,
Cogito Ergo Sum,
XReckonerX,
Untrod Tripod,
Ghostlin,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Quilford,
[/color]
(L - 2 )

Llamarble ( 1 )
lewarcher82,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Quilford ( 4 )
Kublai Khan,
VP Baltar,
glowball,
xvart,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Untrod Tripod ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Vi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

VP Baltar ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

XReckonerX ( 1 )
Llamarble,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

xvart ( 2 )
JasonT1981,
Sotty7,
[/color]
(L - 7 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Amrun, Roxi,

Total Votes ( 17 )

Needed to Lynch [ 9 ]

Deadline: Nov. 18th at 20:00 EST
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:05 am

Post by glowball »

In post 43, Amrun wrote:posting to say I exist but not reading this game til tomorrow

It's tomorrow, and you're the only one not voting and neither is "roxi" so I'm assuming the vote belongs to you?

IDK... care to comment on this?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 am

Post by xvart »

In post 109, Sotty7 wrote:It was page one of the game. What more could
"Sotty reads town Vote: The same person she is voting"
mean other than Quilford also agreed with my initial gut scum read of Jason?

Expecting him to have a whole slew of reasons for an early game read outside this one thing, is pretty freaking mind blowing to me at this point.
So your vote on Jason here was not RVS but a "gut scum read"? I know gut reads are by definition hard to explain, but I have a hard time swallowing that you had a gut scum read on anyone based on one purely RVS post. Again, I don't really care about Quilford's vote. It is the lack of explanation when the explanation was supposedly so simple, plus the fact that anyone could have any sort of read on Jason based on his first post. Trying to explain that post as having any affiliation to alignment is ridiculous, and in this context, scummy.

In post 115, glowball wrote:
In post 43, Amrun wrote:posting to say I exist but not reading this game til tomorrow

It's tomorrow, and you're the only one not voting and neither is "roxi" so I'm assuming the vote belongs to you?

IDK... care to comment on this?
You can drop the charade. It is painfully obvious that you have the double vote based on 90% of your posting has been dancing around the double vote.
I only read quote walls.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Vi »

In post 113, lewarcher82 wrote:Attention, please. Roxi is likely a double voter, which means that you guys potentially put me at L-1 in 6 hours for no reason. Before you decide to quickhammer me, let me know. It's ridiculous to be put in the situation that requires such a warning 24 hours from game start, but well, I have no other choice.

xRx 93 wrote:Vi is screaming town to me, now.
Well that's a first

Well, yeah; I'm ALWAYS Town

How so?

Without doing more than glancing over the thread, Sotty7 seems Town atm. Even if she is That Damn Good.

I'm honestly apathetic about the Roxi vote. Sure, there's a potential for quickhammers, but it's kind of obviously out there and a quickhammer on lewarcher probably wouldn't be -that- bad anyway.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 117, Vi wrote:How so?

Your questioning of lewarcher.
green shirt thursdays
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Lewarcher wagon looks quite good, actually.
Though that'd mean a lot of scum-on-scum piling. CES / DDDP / UT or something.
I'll deepdive later this evening I think. Keeping Lew out of hammer range for the time being sounds like a good plan.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

<-- totally bussing
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 119, Llamarble wrote:Lewarcher wagon looks quite good, actually.
Though that'd mean a lot of scum-on-scum piling. CES / DDDP / UT or something.
I'll deepdive later this evening I think. Keeping Lew out of hammer range for the time being sounds like a good plan.
This post did not contain a lewarcher vote, so there actually isn't
enough
bussing on the wagon.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 120, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:<-- totally bussing

Are you being, as Fate would say, a cheeky scumbag?
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Have I played with you before CES?
YOUR AD HERE

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Fairly sure you haven't.

In post 122, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 120, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:<-- totally bussing

Are you being, as Fate would say, a cheeky scumbag?

Too late! You already called me town, can't take that back.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”