Townie
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:59 am

Post by tidus_of_zanarkand »

Weak vote: TheCessPit
for not really saying anything.

Welcome to WIFOM land where the finger pointing and mass speculation only succeeds in making random guesses until the scum out themselves.

I would also like to say that Friztler seems like the good recruit choice since his playstyle is generally confusing and there is nothing like having a townsperson that is acting scummy but generally accepted by virtually the mafiascum.net entire community.
EDIT (Jan 18, 2009) - I am no longer using this account. I have made a new one under the name Dr Pepper. I barely remembered enough to access this account. I will not be using this one anymore.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:04 am

Post by JamesSparrow »

Fritzler wrote:no they recruit once
do they just recruit one person?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:09 am

Post by Fritzler »

JamesSparrow wrote:
Fritzler wrote:no they recruit once
do they just recruit one person?
SIR YES SIR

i read
yay
Surfs up dude.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:10 am

Post by JamesSparrow »

i read over what was there twice and didn't see anything about it... my bad
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:11 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

From the mod rules:
Norinel wrote:
The mafia PM wrote:You are in the
Mafia
, intially composed of X, Y, and Z. You may communicate with them each night to determine someone to kill. (I will take the first choice sent to me by any mafia.) You must kill each night. You win when the town no longer has a majority.

No need to confirm, by reading your PM I know you're around and ready. However, note that your Night 0 choice is for a townie to
recruit
, not to kill.
Night 0 (last night), the mafia was allowed to recruit one person instead of killing. From now on, they will kill each night instead.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:53 am

Post by Fritzler »

GGs

Fritz
broomhead

BGs

DGB
Surfs up dude.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

Pardon?

tidus sez:

"Weak vote: TheCessPit for not really saying anything."

Which is fair enough as a weka vote, but in my limited experience your damned if say something, damned if you don't, so opted for just syaing, I am here and reading and making impressions.

Which is currently, some people can't read the rules for what they've signed up to.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:08 pm

Post by logicticus »

I think even trying to figure out who the mafia would recruit is a waste of time. There are just too many variables involved in this and too many guesses to get there.

Its more valuable to dissect posts at this point, although it will be more valuable once we see more posting.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by bertrand »

logicticus wrote:I think even trying to figure out who the mafia would recruit is a waste of time.
Perhaps - but it's a fabulous way to jump in and discuss the game, right as the game starts, instead of 46 rounds of random votes. Of course, there will be participants like Cesspit who fear sticking their toe in the water... mmmm.

And I think it is useful; for instance, RandomActs pointed out that JamesSparrow joined the game soon after opening, which pretty much clears him from being the recruit.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Forgot to clear cookies before logging in. The post above is not from bertrand, but from me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:54 pm

Post by neongrey »

Aright, let's
unvote
that off...

I'm kind of leery of getting into speculation as to who would be recruited, because of the aforestated WIFOM that starts up. The one that's going through my head is 'well, if everyone's going to think fritzler's the obvious choice, maybe that's too obvious', and so on and oops immunity to iocane powder etc etc etc.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Whoa...

LoudmouthLee and Mr. Flay are both WAY better than me... they are ownage, in fact.

And there are a couple of others there that are good too but I won't list their names simply because I don't want to give mafia a kill-list. (though if they recruited anyone experienced they could have that kill-list at no charge...)

I'm not going to vote DG, because I probably would've started the day off with similar speculation.

Vote: LoudmouthLee
... using essentially the same logic as DG, but picking a far better player.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by HezLucky »

For the record, I don't think discussing the mafia's "recruit choice" is a good idea after Day One..

...but it's Day One now, so...
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by Twomz »

/confirming that i'm here.
Fritz wrote:GGs
Fritz
broomhead

BGs
DGB
As long as Fritz is town, i belive this list to be true (i've seen it work before). I imagine he will be NKed or lynched before the endgame... so i'm not going to worry about it right now. Also, i agree that the "obvious" slip up was intended to throw the town off.

Vote: DrippingGoofball.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Holy opening bandwagon Batman! That was really quick, and somewhat frightning. However, since I just opened this game for the first time, I think it's time for an opening posts PbPa on Dripping Goofball.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Who needs to random vote in this game?

Duh!

FOS: neongrey and RandomActs
for not paying attention, haha.

We already have something to work with... who did the Asian Mafia recruit? I'd say Fritzler because 100% for sure he'd "accept the offer" but I think HezLucky might be the evil ones best asset (not offense to all the other players that weren't chosen).

vote: HezLucky
, top target for mafia recruitment.
Note: Hez, I love you, please don't be mad at me.

Hez is about at the midway point of mafia players in this game. It seems odd that you would pick HIM to be "most likely" recruitment. Fritzler would be a good choice, but not for his mafia ability, but more of his randomness. I've come to embrace it. Also, the rules state the the person who is recruited is choiceless about the recruitment. This post seems incredibly "out of place". It isn't downright scummy, but it rates on the scum scale.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Plus, you know I love you hez, but there are at least three players up there I'd recruit before you.
Including yourself, Fritz?

Warning: NOT a trick question.
Why does it matter if Fritz would be recruited? This post seems to create the idea that Fritz was NOT MAFIA earlier. Do you have that knowledge, DG?
DrippingGoofball wrote:I've only played with half of the players on the list, and Hezlucky appeared to be the most cunning to me. And if I've picked from the top 4, my record is not bad at all, and I pat myself on the back.

I really need a huggle. How's going to give me a huggle? It's cold here in the mountain.
(Huggle: DG),
but why would then assume someone is the best of the best if you haven't played with the majority of players. DG, you're randomness seems odder, even moreso here.
DrippingGoofball wrote:HezLucky made me cry while climbing the northern approach of the Best of the Internet peak. I tend to agree with those that say I fell victim to high-altitude madness.

Thank you all for your votes, really, I am honored. During my reign as Miss Himalaya, I promise to... argh, I think I need some oxygen.
And bringing up a past game makes them amazing? I've had a few moments in the sun, but that does not make me a great player at all.
bertrand / DG wrote:
logicticus wrote:I think even trying to figure out who the mafia would recruit is a waste of time.
Perhaps - but it's a fabulous way to jump in and discuss the game, right as the game starts, instead of 46 rounds of random votes. Of course, there will be participants like Cesspit who fear sticking their toe in the water... mmmm.

And I think it is useful; for instance, RandomActs pointed out that JamesSparrow joined the game soon after opening, which pretty much clears him from being the recruit.
WHAT? Would you ever think, for a minute, that the mafia may recruit someone who is a new iplayer BECAUSE the town will be more likely to kill off the "higher profile" players? Both Sparrow and the gentleman that he replaced were BOTH new, therefore. IMHO, being BETTER choices for the scum to recruit.

I, at this point wouldn't hesitate to vote you. However, the relative speed of the bandwagon is a cause for concern. Your actions do indeed deserve a vote, so I'm going to give it to you, but town, be aware, I may very well unvote if this bandwagon grows too fast. I learned from my last error in the 5 year invitational.

Vote: DG
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:05 pm

Post by Fuldu »

LoudmouthLee wrote:I, at this point wouldn't hesitate to vote you. However, the relative speed of the bandwagon is a cause for concern. Your actions do indeed deserve a vote, so I'm going to give it to you, but town, be aware, I may very well unvote if this bandwagon grows too fast. I learned from my last error in the 5 year invitational.
Heh. But the difference you're forgetting is that this time I agree with you.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:06 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Fuldu wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:I, at this point wouldn't hesitate to vote you. However, the relative speed of the bandwagon is a cause for concern. Your actions do indeed deserve a vote, so I'm going to give it to you, but town, be aware, I may very well unvote if this bandwagon grows too fast. I learned from my last error in the 5 year invitational.
Heh. But the difference you're forgetting is that this time I agree with you.
:-D

LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:06 pm

Post by Fritzler »

I'm glad to know soooo many people think im a good recruition choice, im a little disappointed i wasn't recruited though :cry:
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:08 pm

Post by Fritzler »

I love norinel vote counts, with the prominent number three.
Could we have a few of those?
Surfs up dude.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
bertrand / DG wrote:

WHAT? Would you ever think, for a minute, that the mafia may recruit someone who is a new iplayer BECAUSE the town will be more likely to kill off the "higher profile" players? Both Sparrow and the gentleman that he replaced were BOTH new, therefore. IMHO, being BETTER choices for the scum to recruit.
I agree with you that the comment dosn't make much sense, but why are you attacking DG for agreeing with this comment, but not Random Acts for saying it in the first place?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:26 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I'm missing your comment. Maybe I missed something. Can you please point to the post, Yos?
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:31 pm

Post by neongrey »

I -think- he's referring to post 24.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:37 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Oh! Thanks Neon. In my quick scan and observation of the bandwagon, I must have missed it.

Yos makes a good point. The post by Random Acts:
RandomActs wrote: unvote

I think Fritz is the most likely recruitee. I'm guessing JamesSparrow the least likely, simply because he joined the game so soon before the opening.
Deserves the same castration as DG's...

However, the evidence against DG is much greater. I will, instead,
FoS: Acts
and keep my vote on DG.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:56 pm

Post by JamesSparrow »

After reading what loudmouthlee posted regarding DG's behavior, i took a look through the first page again at the posts and surrounding posts that were analyzed. After reading them again, I began to see the possibility of summiness that was being mentioned (esp the post assuming fritz isn't mafia). I am going to, for now,
vote DrippingGoofball
. I also will be unvoting if this starts to excalate really quickly.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:57 pm

Post by RandomActs »

My inclination to clear Sparrow is not a matter of him being new, but a matter of timing. There was practically no time at all between his confirmation and the game start. So it seems likely the scum had some forethought about who to recruit, perhaps even
decided
on a recruit, even before Sparrow was known to be in the game. And I doubt very much they'd recruit an unnamed player. I don't believe scum took the time to consult about him if he were their choice. Hence, I think he's the least likely to be recruited.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”