MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:24 am

Post by MCHammer »

have to say I'm pretty confused by DA voting for themselves just to prove a point...seems either a childish move or a scum move just for the sake of confusion. Not making a random vote either b/c of the mis-lynch potential, but keeping my eye on this: would prefer to wait-see for a minute before voting.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:31 am

Post by IH »

DA wrote:

lets see if you are right. unvote vote:discordian algorithm
Foolishness. you will do nothing but prove my point that it is not dangerous.

For your point to work, a townie would have to hammer you. As a townie, would you hammer someone?

My point was that it is not dangerous.

THis is just like any other nightless game, btw. You can look at the town's position in terms of "lives" With 12 alive and three scum the town has 6 lives. For every mislynch the town loses a life. For every scum lynch the town gains a life.

The scum only have three lives, so they're going to have to be much more cautious with there votes,so as to stay hidden more. Calling them into question could be potentially disastrous with this large a margin of error, though it becomes dangerous when the quicklynch aspect is brought in later.

So it is going to automatically be much more dangerous for scum to hammer somebody, and I would assume they are going to be even more careful with their votes from the town.

Which is why I said "Only stupid scum would hammer someone"
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:23 am

Post by ryan »

"Different Page Same Information" Vote Count

(3) discordian algorithm (IH, Khelvaster, discordian algorithm)
(1) Adam the Amazing (Sir Tornado)
(1) Sir Tornado (Adam the Amazing)

Not Voting: Jdodge, kaosfere, scmp, paradoxombie, DeathSauce, rj20876, groinhammer

With 12 alive it takes 4 to lynch
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:33 am

Post by kaosfere »

IH wrote:For your point to work, a townie would have to hammer you. As a townie, would you hammer someone?
Yes.

Vote: discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:53 am

Post by discordian algorithm »

My tactic was to draw a lynch in such a way that a member of the mafia would expose themselves. Lynch kaosfere or IH tomorrow.

Roleclaim: normal townie.

I point to IH as the most probable player to be scum with my dying hand.
[i]The fivefold symmetry of the apple shows it's connection to the pentacle. Here, as in Eden, to bite from the apple is to know.[/i]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:54 am

Post by ryan »

Uh oh, we have a death

The town feels as though discordian algorithm hasn't been upfront with them and although not everyone has had their voice heard the town decides it's time to lynch the scum, OR so they thought. discordian algorithm was quickly strung up and when asked if he had any last words he commented

discordian algorithm: You are all about to make a big mistake

The lever is pulled and discordian algorithm's neck is quickly snapped like a twig and his lifeless body is seen swinging in the breeze. A search through his pockets reveals......................a pack of gum, a kuzoo and a townie guide to finding scum.

discordian algorithm was a TOWNIE

DAY 2

With 11 alive it takes 4 to lynch
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:58 am

Post by discordian algorithm »

P.S.
Alt claim: I am Adel
Jdodge and Sir Tornado have played with Adel before, and can probably explain my gambit a little better.

Alright, that's enough, back to your grave-Ryan
[i]The fivefold symmetry of the apple shows it's connection to the pentacle. Here, as in Eden, to bite from the apple is to know.[/i]
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:03 am

Post by kaosfere »

Well, that didn't go exactly as planned. Regardless, I still felt it a solid move.

I agree that scum-won't-hammer is a dangerous precedent to set, and I wanted to shake it up. The town still has more lives. If I get a rapid lynch for putting down the hammer vote, once I'm shown to be a townie, the WIFOM will become very thick.

Town still has more lives than scum, and will even if I get lynched. DA's reckless play was disconcerting. I believe that given enough time and rope, scum will self-identify, and I'd rather see us have more time for arguments so that the scum can out themselves than end up with truly discordian actions throwing the dialogue for a complete loop.

So... is IH a scum as DA charges? Am I scum pulling WIFOM? What will the several who haven't even chimed in yet think?

Fascinating!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:50 am

Post by DeathSauce »

[quote=kaosfere]
the WIFOM will become very thick.
[/quote]

We can WIFOM your hammer vote until the cows come home, but the fact is that someone that is trying to throw the game into a WIFOM argument is trying to prevent the town from finding scum.

HUGE FoS: kaosfere
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Khelvaster »

DA, that is WIFOM you are doing right now; it is being done for no other purpose than to confuse us. You came off scummy from the start.

I wouldn't consider anyone hammering DA to be scum atm
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

I think Adel should have a look at my signature again...

A thing is not necessarily true because a man
(or a woman, in this case)
dies for it
. -- Oscar Wilde

However, for me to believe my own signature, kaofere'd better have a very good reason to explain his hammer on Discordian Algorithm. And, he'd better start explaining it soon.
I'm back!
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:18 am

Post by kaosfere »

kaosfere wrote:Town still has more lives than scum, and will even if I get lynched. DA's reckless play was disconcerting. I believe that given enough time and rope, scum will self-identify, and I'd rather see us have more time for arguments so that the scum can out themselves than end up with truly discordian actions throwing the dialogue for a complete loop.
Would you care for me to further elaborate? I'd welcome it. That was my whole point. :)
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

kaosfere wrote:
kaosfere wrote:Town still has more lives than scum, and will even if I get lynched. DA's reckless play was disconcerting. I believe that given enough time and rope, scum will self-identify, and I'd rather see us have more time for arguments so that the scum can out themselves than end up with truly discordian actions throwing the dialogue for a complete loop.
Would you care for me to further elaborate? I'd welcome it. That was my whole point. :)
Might as well. Though, I think I understand.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by kaosfere »

I look at it this way. The most fundamental aspect of the game is in townies trying to ferret out scum, while the scum are attempting to hide their identities. Scum have something to hide. Townies, barring edge cases, have nothing to hide. It would take an incredibly talented scum to maintain a perfect townie facade for an indeterminate length of time.

DA claimed he voted for himself in an attempt to demonstrate his point: that scum would hammer him even in this game. As such, if a townie, he was offering himself for sacrifice in order to cast heavy suspicion upon those who hammered him -- clearly in the expectation that some scummer would be stupid enough to pull the trigger, be instantly lynched, and keep scum from hammering for the rest of the game.

The flaw with this logic is that he's right: only an idiotic scum would hammer in this position. All that would have to be done would be for them
not
to cast the lynching vote, and it would appear as if DA had been proven wrong -- all scum would now be in much less danger when hammering. Allowing this to happen would clearly be detrimental to the town.

The only beneficial outcome, at that point, would be and some idiot scum
did
off him, which would not take any heat off the scum. Against this, there were two possibilities: DA was a scum, and would live, clearly a negative. Or, he was innocent and I could cast the killing vote, which would definitely not be as positive, but would be alot less negative than allowing scum to prove him wrong. The absolute worst case scenario would be that DA gets lynched and an innocent party gets lynched the next day. But even should that occur, we will still have more "lives", as noted above, and by that point remaining townies should have a very good idea who is or isn't scummy, based on what's been posted in the discussion that would be sure to ensue.

I was hoping this would be inferred, and I wouldn't have to elaborate on it, in order to minimize the chances of altering scum behavior, but an explanation was demanded, so I'll give one.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by ryan »

"Suspicions are thrown around" Vote Count

Not Voting: Jdodge, kaosfere, scmp, paradoxombie, DeathSauce, rj20876, groinhammer, IH, Khelvaster, Sir Tornado, Adam the Amazing

With 11 alive it takes 4 to lynch
scmp
scmp
Townie
scmp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by scmp »

You're voting for yourself? That's a new approach...
kaosfere
kaosfere
Townie
kaosfere
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by kaosfere »

Players who have been lurking for the first 24+ hours:

Jdodge
rj20876

For the lack of anything response to my defense just yet, I'll go ahead and say
IGMEO
both of you. At this point I think anyone conspicuously lurking is questionable.

Jdodge has informed me of a terrible ear infection and said his play will be limited till it feels better-Ryan
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

kaosfere wrote: I believe that given enough time and rope, scum will self-identify, and I'd rather see us have more time for arguments so that the scum can out themselves
This is rich coming from the guy that hammered a townie with his first post.

I also picked this sentence out of your explanatory post:
kaosfere wrote:I agree that scum-won't-hammer is a dangerous precedent to set, and I wanted to shake it up.
Something about this sentence, it seems like you are admitting that you are scum. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but coupled with your latest post it makes me revert to my previous thinking, that a player that is interested in throwing us into a WIFOM argument is not really interested in hunting scum.

I am going to elevate my FoS.
vote: kaosfere
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Kaosfere wrote:
I agree that scum-won't-hammer is a dangerous precedent to set, and I wanted to shake it up. The town still has more lives. If I get a rapid lynch for putting down the hammer vote, once I'm shown to be a townie, the WIFOM will become very thick.
I don't get this. If you are claiming to be a townie, why did you hammer someone without a proper reasoning?

FOS: Kaosfere
I'm back!
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:01 am

Post by MCHammer »

If I get a rapid lynch for putting down the hammer vote, once I'm shown to be a townie, the WIFOM will become very thick.
The problem with this is that you yourself have already made the WIFOM so thick that you have to now get lynched just to unmuddle things! If you are town, then why further confuse the issue by just wanting to shake it up??? Seems much more like some wierd doublebluff scum move so I'm having a major
FOS: kaosfere
, not b/c I think you are dumb scum to make that hammer, but b/c I think you were relying on it being so obvious that it can't be true. Town should be keeping things as clear as possible.

The DA lynch was far too quick & I still want to hear more before throwing a vote around.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:04 am

Post by MCHammer »

sorry scmp, who was this aimed at?
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Adam The Amazing »

Ugh. Reverse psychology? Hiding out in the open? I swear, I do love me some WIFOM, but I usually like to use it, not be used by it.
FOS: Kaosfere, Sir Tornado
. The first because of the possible Freudian slip that DeathSauce pointed out, the second because it's him.

It seemed to me that the "voting for yourself"-ness was at He Who Was Lynched.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
scmp
scmp
Townie
scmp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:47 am

Post by scmp »

groinhammer wrote:
sorry scmp, who was this aimed at?
Discordian seemed to want to vote for himself to make a point.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Hmmm, my post was made without knowledge of a quicklynch. I had the topic open for a few hours, then posted without a refresh.

Yeah, that was to try and bait someone into hammer. Sorry for the delayed-post, now it makes me look retarded.

Vote: Kaosfere
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by IH »

Ok, now here is where the zero tolerance policy comes in. This is why you don't hammer someone as a townie quickly.

Vote:Kaosfere

If we allow someone to live after a quickhammer, we are allowing scum the best tool in this game.

Kaosfere, you are also a fool.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”