Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Setael »

ABR wrote:Claus was going after you anyway. Its not like he would've changed his mind, amirite Claus ?
Yeah, but no one can compete with your "shove it down their throats" style. I definitely find it tough to escape once it's aimed at me. I think that's a compliment.

I've lost as mafia more times than I'd like to admit, and I usually feel bad about letting down my team, but not so much this game. Thok wasn't nearly as active as I thought he'd be, and I still can't believe RossWilliam didn't claim doc before he was lynched. Believe me, it had been planned. One of those no kills would've been avoided if he could've drawn out the doc.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

Night actions:

N1:

kuribo tracked rite
Claus protected DrippingGoofball (switching at the last moment from Ibby, who was the mafia's actual target!)
Mafia killed Ibby
Ibby attempted to kill someone2 (failed)

N2: Mafia killed kuribo
CrashTextDummie submitted no action
kuribo tracked someone2

N3: Mafia killed Rishi
Claus protected Thesp

N4: Mafia targetted someone2 (failed)
Claus protected Thesp

N5: Mafia targetted Thesp
Claus protected Thesp

N6: Mafia targetted Claus
Claus protected Thesp
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, and Setael, it's the role, not you, who's dumb! Mafia goons are not noted for their intellectual prowess!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:All right folks. I'm the doctor. Here's the plan:

Lynch Setael today, lynch someone2 tomorrow, celebrate the day after.

Vote Setael

The reason Setael is so sure that there's a doc is because she targeted someone else than the bulletproof townie and her kill was blocked. Considering that there is no role-blocker, she is right in assuming that there is a doc.

If she isn't mafia, than someone2 lied about being bulletproof, and we lynch him and win.
Was this correct though ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Look, fuck this ego bullshit. I know you are hopelessly paranoid of everyone, but you've got to do the one thing that makes sense. Stand up for yourself as a man. Do the right thing.

Yeah I said I would vote you tomorrow. Sothefuckwhat. And I will. This game is not survival-based.

IF I were scum, I would have hammered that idiot who voted himself ages ago and went along with his flawed little plan. But I'm not. Setael gave me immunity because she will kill me tonight. Are you following ?

Quit being manipulated so easily, you gullible sheep. Don't you see she is USING your pathetic ass ? Break free of your lethargy. Vote Setael. End this game and take the trophy home.

I know you don't like me, and that's fine.

All I'm saying is that we put our differences aside and do the one sensible, strategic move. Because, honestly, if you aren't lynching Setael today, in all probability she will lynch you tomorrow and mark yet another victory on her scumboard.

I'm just saving you the shame here. I know who Thesp will hammer. I know who will win. The end result will be the same. But you have the power to put YOUR vote on HER ass and say "there, I did it, I'm the one who hammered the last scum. Praise me". You can make that choice. Or, you can let somebody else make that choice for you and sulk in the post-game, doubting yourself and thinking about the what-ifs.

Anyway man, its your call. I just laid out what awaited you on the other side of each decision, but I can't take your vote from you. I'll guide you through the door, but you have to walk through it. Y'know what ? Good luck mate. Whatever decision you reach after reading this, I hope you will accept the consequences of it, and just remember one thing: you deserve to win.
Should I wiki this post ? :P
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

On another note: I'd like to apologise to the scum for starting day 4 early. I'd set a deadline of the 22nd, had received all the nightactions, and on the night of the 21st, i was online, and wasn't sure i'd get to be the next evening. So I started day.

In retrospect, this led to the one thing i dedicate my modding to trying to avoid, second-guessing the mod. Does him starting early clear the inactive? Did he bring day forward to avoid obviously implicating the inactive when no kill occurred? I can't help but feel this contributed in some way to the 'clearing' of someone2. It just hadn't occurred to me that everyone would look straight to the inactive when there was no kill.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Rishi »

Victory!

Nothing else to say.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:04 am

Post by kuribo »

Great win, town!
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The Fonz wrote:On another note: I'd like to apologise to the scum for starting day 4 early. I'd set a deadline of the 22nd, had received all the nightactions, and on the night of the 21st, i was online, and wasn't sure i'd get to be the next evening. So I started day.

In retrospect, this led to the one thing i dedicate my modding to trying to avoid, second-guessing the mod.
I'm guessing you were just so thrilled the this game might finally be drawing to an end... ;)

[replacement queue snark]
Retired as of October 2014.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Claus »

The Fonz wrote:I can't help but feel this contributed in some way to the 'clearing' of someone2. It just hadn't occurred to me that everyone would look straight to the inactive when there was no kill.
If it makes you feel better, I never took that into consideration.

===

I was not suspicious of Seta until my last day, when I began my re-read. When I began re-reading the game, it was clear to me that Thesp and TS were town. Ythills actions that day were all that were separating me from a seta vote.

However, Seta, you played a very good game. I only got to you as scum by a elimination process. I feel that you couldn't have escaped this endgame. You could have tried a no kill (I would suggest a no-lynch), or you could have hammered me yesterday, killed thesp, and hoped to turn TS against Ythill. But all these were shaky options.

Albert, that post of yours does deserve wikification :-)

Good game everyone, I'll post more later.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Thok »

Good game town, and in particular Thesp. I'll admit I played horribly. Ironically, I made a conscious decision not to bus my opponents, given that the meta on me is that I do tend to bus my opponents a lot. Unfortunately, I got hit by the inactivity bug.

The only real complaint I have for the mod was putting a bullet-proof role into his game. If someone2 had even merely one-shot nightkill protection, scum would have won the game.

I'll also point to the fact that multiple power roles wanted to target someone2 as evidence that he should have been lynched.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Ythill »

Fonz, apology accepted and no problem and all that jazz but, admittedly, the early day start eventually was a deciding factor in me clearing S2. Great game though. I'm not very experienced, but that's the toughest endgame I've seen yet.

Not for ABR though. ;)

While we're bragging, check out my entrance analysis. Two of my top three were scum. One of my MotR was scum. All my towns were towns. Woot!

And, finally, my apologies for the vote-hop blowup the day I was lynched. I REALLY thought Lowell was the last scum and, when he wasn't, I was so floored that I was acting like a bozo. I should have just looked back at what I'd already posted and thought through the Seta vs. S2 question. Hopefully I've learned my lesson.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Thok »

Ythill wrote:While we're bragging, check out my entrance analysis. Two of my top three were scum. One of my MotR was scum. All my towns were towns. Woot!
Well, you had me as scum for the wrong reasons (solely for my connection with Lowell.) Lowell was the village idiot, and I would have argued that even as town.

My self-hammer was partially to keep the pressure viable on you especially after the inevitable Lowell mislynch. It would have worked, but for the two failed night kills (which scum had no method to predict at the time; bulletproofs are uncommon, and the successful kuriboh kill implied a lack of a doc.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Ythill »

I wouldn't say solely, but that was one of the reasons. Obviously, the self-hammer did what you wanted. :)

Bravo to Thesp, BTW. Dude, I hope I never meet you when our alignments are opposed.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

Thok wrote: The only real complaint I have for the mod was putting a bullet-proof role into his game. If someone2 had even merely one-shot nightkill protection, scum would have won the game.
True. But then, I'm really not sure scum deserved to win this game. Was also really quite unlucky- the fact that there were two consecutive failed kills was really a killer. If mafia had targetted Claus instead of someone2 that night, they'd probably have won the game too.

The idea of the bulletproof was that it would look like an NK-immune GF or SK if vigged, and if it claimed prior to the mafia doc being revealed, it would look ever so much like a goon when the doc came up. Unfortunately for the mafia, they killed the vig on the very night she shot at S2, which removed this.

The idea behind the mafia doc was twofold- to make the vig less effective (vig when there's a mafia doc is barely positive for town) and to give the scum a confirmable nightaction that doesn't kill to protect from the tracker.

I've said it before though- scum lose when none of them fakeclaim.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”