Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Alive, bold unconfirmed, underlined are the IC's:

Mr. Blonde, replacing Rickeon

silence
gorillaman
BlackWolf
Game and Watch Forever, replacing weilawei, replacing split9102
Battousai

zu_Faul
Nocmen
Atticus

Dead:
BlackWolf, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day 1
Mr. Blonde (replacing Rickeon), Townie, killed Night 1
Battousai, Townie, lynched Day 2
gorillaman, Townie, killed Night 2
Game and Watch Forever (replaced weilawei (replaced split9102)), Townie, lynched Day 3
Nocmen, Townie, killed Night 3
Atticus, Mafia Goon, lynched Day 4

Rules:
0. This is a game. Have fun. Don’t let things get personal.
1. The game will start with a Day Start once all confirms are in.
2. During Day, you may vote for one player at a time. Votes must be bold or they will not be counted. Unvoting is optional.
3. Whenever a player has more than half of the people alive voting for him/her, that player will be lynched, and his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin.
4. If discussion lags or Day goes on for too long, a deadline may be set, most likely a retractable deadline, but if I feel it is necessary it will be non-retractable. At deadline, if there are 8 or more people, a half majority will suffice, if there are 7 or less, than a full majority is needed to lynch.
5. Do not talk outside the thread unless your role allows it.
6. If you’re dead, you get one ‘bah’ post with no game-related content.
7. If you have any question, complaint, or comment, PM me.
8. Confirm in thread.
9. Feel free to correct me if I make a mistake, but be nice about it.
10. I will try my best to get a vote count near or at the top of every page or at least every few days.
11. If you do not post for 72 hours or if a player requests I do so, I will prod you by PM, and then if you still do not post, you may be replaced or prodded again. Absences that are posted in thread, noted in your sig and/or posted in VLA are exceptions to this rule, though if I feel it is necessary, I might temporarily replace you.
12. Red is the offical mod color, no one but me may post in it, and if someone other than me edits it, the red will be edited out and they will be warned.
13. The setup and roles were 100% randomized.
14. I reserve the right to edit these rules as I see fit.

This game will have one of the following setups:
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
5 Townies
1 Cop
1 Doc

2 Mafia Goons
6 Townies
1 Cop

2 Mafia Goons
6 Townies
1 Doc

1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Goon
7 Townies

Roles:
Zero or two people received:
You are Mafia with (XXX), each night you may discuss the game, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may discuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people.

Zero or one person received:
You are the Mafia Goon, your partner is (XXX), who is the Roleblocker. Each night you may discuss the game with your partner, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may discuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people.

You are the Mafia Roleblocker, your partner is (XXX), each night you may discuss the game with your partner, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. Also, you may send me the name of the same or a different player. That player, if they have a nightchoice, it will fail. You may disscuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people.

Five to seven people received:
You are a Townie, you have nothing but your vote so put it to good use. You win when all Mafia are dead.

You are a Cop, each night you may send me the name of a player. I will tell you whether or not that player is innocent. You win when all the Mafia are dead.

You are a Doc, each night you may send me the name of a player. If the Mafia try to kill that player, they will survive instead. You win when all the Mafia are dead.
Last edited by bird1111 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 19 times in total.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:33 am

Post by bird1111 »

Everything's up and all role PM's are out which means it is now the confirm stage. Everyone please post something in the thread so I know you received your Role PM. The mafia may talk from now until I start day.
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:40 am

Post by BlackWolf »

/onfirm

Yay I'm first! =D
T : 0 / 2 S : 0 / 0 O : 0 / 0
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:41 am

Post by BlackWolf »

EBWOP:
/confirm

><
T : 0 / 2 S : 0 / 0 O : 0 / 0
Rickeon
Rickeon
Townie
Rickeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Rickeon »

/confirmed
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:14 am

Post by gorillaman »

Wotcha,

/confirm
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Battousai »

/confirm
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Nocmen »

/confirm
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 am

Post by zu_Faul »

/confirm
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by silence »

I confirm.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:14 am

Post by Atticus »

\confirm
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:14 am

Post by bird1111 »

With 8 out of 9 confimred, going ahead and starting day. split has until 48 hours from when I started the confirm stage to confirm.

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Battousai »

VOTE: Atticus
for being the last one that is not inactive to confirm.

Who's the ICs in this game? zu, atticus, silence

Edited the first post to make it clear who the IC's are
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Nocmen »

Hmm...why not start this off with a question.

Do you personally care who the ICs are?
Are you scum trying to base a meaningless wagon on the new people, and trying to avoid the ICs?

For those that don't know me, I've recently come to a playstyle where I ask a lot of questions. If I ask you questions, please ask them. I prefer questions right now greatly because it can gain much more information than random voting can.

And I ask this to everyone right now... why should I think you are town?
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Atticus »

I think he makes a good point, actually. The moderator may not ahve completely randomised the roles. It makes sense to have at least 1 IC scum to make it not too easy for town, and me being the last to confirm does make the most suspicious.

But I'm probably pulling stuff out of the air.

Vote: silence
, for not living up to his name.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Atticus »

I keep forgetting to spellcheck.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Atticus wrote:The moderator may not ahve completely randomised the roles. It makes sense to have at least 1 IC scum to make it not too easy for town, and me being the last to confirm does make the most suspicious.
Mod wrote:13. The setup and roles were 100% randomized.
Not that I'm getting at you, but I don't want anybody to be mislead by that post.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Well, I beleive that bastard games aside, we should be looking at a completely randomized setup. Especially for newbies, no one should be persuaded by the fact that I am an IC and that makes me equally likely to be scum as anyone else.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:50 am

Post by bird1111 »

shyam0323 is replacing split9102, who did not pick up his/her role PM.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Battousai »

Atticus- the roles were 100% randomized, and from experience in previous game with bird, scum can be 2 newbies.
Do you personally care who the ICs are?
Are you scum trying to base a meaningless wagon on the new people, and trying to avoid the ICs?
I actually do care who the ICs are. The more information the better IMO, even the most benign. If a player is experienced and they make a newbtell/scumtell move I can tell if its scumtell. Second question- No.
split9102
split9102
Townie
split9102
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:18 am

Post by split9102 »

/confirm
Ferrets rule! Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Nocmen »

split9102 wrote:/confirm
I hate to say this, but it may be a bit too late because you have been replaced according to the mod, unless I read it wrong and you are the one replacing in.
Battousai wrote: I actually do care who the ICs are. The more information the better IMO, even the most benign. If a player is experienced and they make a newbtell/scumtell move I can tell if its scumtell. Second question- No.
The one concern I have with this is that do you think that if a newbie makes a "scumtell", you can automatically just assume that it was because they are new and not because they are scum? If I were a newbie and scum, what would stop me from making one of these tells and using the logic of "I'm new" as my defense, and thus making you think I am town?

I'm not saying that this always happens, as sometimes new players can and will make mistakes. What I'm saying though, is that from your post I got the idea that you will be able to automatically tell what is a newbie mistake and what is a scumtell.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Nocmen »

EBWOP:

Also, from my own Post 13,
Nocmen wrote: And I ask this to everyone right now... why should I think you are town?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Battousai »

The one concern I have with this is that do you think that if a newbie makes a "scumtell", you can automatically just assume that it was because they are new and not because they are scum? If I were a newbie and scum, what would stop me from making one of these tells and using the logic of "I'm new" as my defense, and thus making you think I am town?
It's more for the IC than the newbie. If a newb scum does make a mistake, I will consider previous posts and actions and judge it out of 10 on my notes scum to newb (i.e. 7 scum, 3 newb), and later use it if I think they are scum by different actions in my case.

Also to your question- You shouldn't think anyone is town unless they died, your cop and did not get a result, or your scum. To help you think I'm town, I'm answering all your questions.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Nocmen »

Battousai wrote:
It's more for the IC than the newbie. If a newb scum does make a mistake, I will consider previous posts and actions and judge it out of 10 on my notes scum to newb (i.e. 7 scum, 3 newb), and later use it if I think they are scum by different actions in my case.

Also to your question- You shouldn't think anyone is town unless they died, your cop and did not get a result, or your scum. To help you think I'm town, I'm answering all your questions.
I completely understand that this was towards the IC, and it actually is a very good way of making sure that you will be suspect if the ICs try to use newb misintelligence as a way of taking advantage of them. But I personally know that an IC would not make a mistake like that on purpose, unless it was to mislead new players, in which the other IC would then hopefully realize what was going on.

As for my question, I played it out there because I want to see the way everyone's tone and answers are, and how they vary in interpretation and choice. It's one of my favorite ways of getting a feel for the other players in the game, ask them questions. And I think that everyone should be answering questions, and I have no problem answering or having others diligently ask their own.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”