Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #622 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:46 pm

Post by Roden »

Sorry, I had trouble connecting to the site the last couple days. I had caught up when it was 15 pages and I'm just going to give my thoughts from there. As of now I'll be playing in the present and just catch up over the night phase.

Smiley: Seemed odd early on but I agreed with a lot of his posts. and are posts I especially liked and thought were townie.

Hu Tao: A lot of nothing for awhile, but I think that's townie for her judging by past experience. Which maybe sounds mean and I don't intend to mean it that way, but I've seen them be very active/proactive as scum and I don't think their attitude matches their scum games so far.

Naerys: I don't agree with most of the reasoning she's given for her reads. is the only post I kinda like, but even then she only null reads Star later on, which is just off to me. I hate the Wartortle and Smiley reads.

Wiz: Idk why this player has been getting scum read, and I don't agree with the previous player in my slot. Wiz has been pretty solvey all game, and he's been one of the most active players. This game has been too inactive for scum to actively decide to put so much attention on themself like he has.

Wartortle: A self proclaimed town leader that I'm fine with town binning for now. Depending on flips, I could see him potentially being a power wolf, but it feels very unlikely.

Enchant: Pass.

Heip: Hard to follow what's going on with him, but he looks like lim bait. Going on the backburner for later.

Hold: I got genuine townie outrage from him and feel some empathy there. I think this is just town.

OWER: rang alarm bells for me, it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.

Star: Has some LAMIST posts that I didn't like. I have a scum lean here but it's based mostly on vibes.

Knott: Nothing to comment on. I'm hoping Shea town tells.

Python: I like posts and , I feel fine setting them aside as town.

VOTE: Naerys
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 624, AnimatedWiz wrote: Could we get a readslist from you? Would likely help us understand who you townread, since that’s not been mentioned at all so far.
TOWN
Smiley
Hu Tao
Wiz
Wartortle
Hold
Python

NULL
Enchant
Heip
Knott

SCUM
Naerys
OWER
Star
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Roden »

In post 630, Black wrote:
In post 628, AnimatedWiz wrote: Not getting amazing vibes from Roden’s catch-up, but I’ll have to provide details later this morning.
I'm feeling this too

I'd be ok with a Roden vote
Explain maybe?
In post 634, Enchant wrote:
In post 629, Roden wrote:
In post 624, AnimatedWiz wrote: Could we get a readslist from you? Would likely help us understand who you townread, since that’s not been mentioned at all so far.
TOWN
Smiley
Hu Tao
Wiz
Wartortle
Hold
Python

NULL
Enchant
Heip
Knott

SCUM
Naerys
OWER
Star
Fellow townie i am sorry but where's black?
It's my reads list from page 14/15, Black wasn't in the game yet.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Roden »

In post 652, Wartortle wrote:
In post 622, Roden wrote: it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.
elaborate?
It's kind of infamous on this site that replace-ins can screw over scum. It's a permanent change to the game state that scum can't control, and if they had been pocketing that slot or hard pushing them it can be very difficult to keep that going.

This is how it read to me when OWER started to complain that the wagon was stalling, like he was trying to scare/pressure people into just dog piling Wiz before the new replace-ins could affect anything. It made no sense for town to panic IMO, because Day 1 was only half way over at that point and the "stalled" wagon only had four votes, one of which came from my slot which had just engaged in a 1v1 with Wiz right before replacing out.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Roden »

I might as well continue catching up further since the game seems a bit slow

In the mean time, can I get a quick summary of why Wartortle has so many votes
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Roden »

In post 669, Black wrote:
In post 667, Roden wrote: Explain maybe?
Your vote on Naerys feels opportunistic. When reading your catchup post it feels like you mainly scumread her for having bad reads which isn't even really scum indicative. When I compare your read on her to OWER and to an extent BlackStar I feel like your vote should have gone to one of the latter two, but instead it goes on Naerys who just so happens to be one of the leading wagons

Nothing in your catchup gave me enough town vibes to make me reconsider my scumlean on DE

Initially I had an issue with your readslist because I thought it was ordered and that didn't match your reads but looking at it in more detail, it seems like you just threw names into the piles without ordering them. Correct me if I'm wrong here
Sorry, I thought I'd made it clear but I mainly scum read her for the
reasoning
she gave for her reads, not because she had bad reads. I specifically hate the Smiley read because I think he'd done enough to not be a null slot, and I hate the Wartortle scum read because it had zero lead up to it and it didn't match up with their prior interactions.

I would vote OWER, but 1) I haven't fully caught up and I want to know the context of why he changed his tune about his Wiz, 2) I don't have enough buy in and good will to start a brand new wagon two days before deadline, and 3) I still think Naerys is scum, and of my three scum reads she's the most likely slot I can successfully vote out.

As far as opportunism, I don't really understand this point. If I'm scum making up scum reads, voting Wartortle is the optimal play regardless of his alignment. If he's town, he's a much better vote than Naerys since that furthers the gap from my own potential wagon, and if Naerys is also town who is LHF then I'd want to keep her around for the next Day phase. If Wartortle is scum, the best play is for us to commit to scum theatre so one of us gains town cred if the other flips.

Also yeah, my reads list isn't ordered, but only because it isn't final yet.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Roden »

In post 672, Black wrote:
In post 671, Roden wrote: n the mean time, can I get a quick summary of why Wartortle has so many votes

And python's vote is unexplained
I like Shea's read here, I didn't think of the possibility that Wartortle was an alt. I don't think inconsistent behavior is necessarily scum-indicative though.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Roden »

In post 674, Roden wrote:
In post 672, Black wrote:
In post 671, Roden wrote: n the mean time, can I get a quick summary of why Wartortle has so many votes

And python's vote is unexplained
I like Shea's read here, I didn't think of the possibility that Wartortle was an alt. I don't think inconsistent behavior is necessarily scum-indicative though.
An alt pretending to be inexperienced isn't scum-indicative either, since I've done the same on an alt before when rolling town.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:18 am

Post by Roden »

In post 676, Black wrote:
In post 673, Roden wrote: As far as opportunism, I don't really understand this point. If I'm scum making up scum reads, voting Wartortle is the optimal play regardless of his alignment. If he's town, he's a much better vote than Naerys since that furthers the gap from my own potential wagon, and if Naerys is also town who is LHF then I'd want to keep her around for the next Day phase. If Wartortle is scum, the best play is for us to commit to scum theatre so one of us gains town cred if the other flips.
I was assuming your vote was based on the first 15 pages, but if you checked the most recent vote count and voted accordingly then that kinda feels weird to me. Why not wait until you have read the other half of the game before voting? Like I can see town motivation for wanting to check the vote count I guess but it also feels a little slimy

If you are scum and Wartortle is town, he's a much better pocket target than Naerys imo. He seems to put more thought into the game than she does and I think having him townread you back would be more beneficial to you than Naerys TRing you

If you are both scum then I agree some theatre would be a good play, but it's not the only play. You being the 5th vote on his wagon would almost certainly be his demise, whereas now you have brought the wagons much closer together
You're...scum reading me for checking the VC?

Do I really need to explain why I would need to check the latest VC before making a vote? I don't want my vote on one of my town reads, and I don't want to accidentally hammer a player or even put them at E-1 without intent.

Also, why would I vote later after reading the rest of the game? I explicitly said I was going to go off of the information I had from the first 15 pages and play in the present, and then read the rest during the night phase. There is no "voting later", especially when the vote deadline is so close.

What makes you think I’m trying to pocket a town!Wartortle? I haven't even interacted with him, not even when he quoted me. I haven't done anything to influence him in particular to town read me, so this accusation feels off.

Yes, being the 5th vote on Wartortle would almost certainly be his demise...which is why I said I would vote him if we were both scum. I'm not sure what your argument is here.

Kinda feels like you're working backwards from your scum read on me to look for reasons to justify it here.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Roden »

Why are y'all freaking out about the hammer when everyone kept saying we need to vote someone out and end the day? Like so many people were convinced Wartortle was scum no matter what was said leading up to the elim. Would a Vanilla Cop claim really be enough to change anyone's mind?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Roden »

For what it's worth, if this does flip town I don't think it was a scum-driven wagon. It feels like it built up naturally.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:17 am

Post by Roden »

In post 778, BlackStar wrote:
In post 777, Roden wrote: For what it's worth, if this does flip town I don't think it was a scum-driven wagon.
It feels like it built up naturally.
This kind of doubt might've been good to bring up earlier. I'm skimming through your ISO and you don't seem to have much of an opinion on the wagon. You mainly just argue with Shea about his case on Wartortle, then shift Wartortle down to a null read.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:19 am

Post by Roden »

Naerys and Enchant aren't the "build up" of the wagon, they're the end of it. I'll take a look at Python.
In post 783, BlackStar wrote: Who is Shea?
Thestatusquo
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Roden »

When it comes to Python, your ISO consists of soft defending them and having them at null...
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Roden »

In post 781, BlackStar wrote:
In post 780, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 778, BlackStar wrote:
In post 777, Roden wrote: For what it's worth, if this does flip town I don't think it was a scum-driven wagon.
It feels like it built up naturally.
Oh? Who would you say is the scum that drove the wagon?
The votes from Python, Naerys and Enchant didn’t feel natural to me.
I went ahead and used Ctrl+F to check Python's ISO for Wartortle mentions and their vote. What was it that you didn't like?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Roden »

In post 878, TheHoldSteady wrote: Status's day one was really, really bad

but they seem town thus far here

dunno what to make of it
He made a bad case

I don't think that makes him scum though
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Roden »

VOTE: OWER
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Roden »

I don't think Black is capable of voting scum unfortunately
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 934, Black wrote:
In post 932, Roden wrote: I don't think Black is capable of voting scum unfortunately
First of all...rude

Second, you think Naerys, OWER, and Enchant are all town? Because I know for a fact you don't. So why the shade?
Who are you voting
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 935, Black wrote: Like holy informed vibes Batman. Not only does it seem like you know I'm town here but I think you know the people I'm voting for are too
Literally what are you talking about
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 938, Naerys wrote:
In post 937, Roden wrote: Who are you voting
HELLO
Are you playing this game?
In post 927, Black wrote: VOTE: Roden

Someone wagon this with me
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 941, Black wrote:
In post 937, Roden wrote:
In post 932, Roden wrote: I don't think Black is capable of voting scum unfortunately
First of all...rude

Second, you think Naerys, OWER, and Enchant are all town? Because I know for a fact you don't. So why the shade?
Who are you voting
You said I'm not capable of voting scum, which implies you don't think I've voted for scum this game. So yeah this is pure shade and I think you know I'm town
I'm telling you to stop fucking around with bad votes and pointless shade

It's Day 2 and you're voting someone you barely have a case on. Do you seriously have so little information that you can't formulate a legitimate case? Do you find it impossible to work with other people and try to reset after making a bad mis-elim go through?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 943, Naerys wrote:
In post 939, Black wrote:
In post 936, Naerys wrote:
In post 934, Black wrote: Because I know for a fact you don't
huh?
Roden thinks you and OWER are scum but for some reason he seems to think I can't vote for scum
Thats quite weird. Seems like scum was caught being inconsistent.
Y'all said this about Wartortle and he flipped town. Wake up.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 944, Black wrote: Everyone hop on. I'm driving this wagon off the cliff
Vote this off tomorrow so this slot doesn't make us lose in ELO please
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 951, Black wrote:
In post 947, Roden wrote: I'm telling you to stop fucking around with bad votes and pointless shade

It's Day 2 and you're voting someone you barely have a case on. Do you seriously have so little information that you can't formulate a legitimate case? Do you find it impossible to work with other people and try to reset after making a bad mis-elim go through?
Oh look, more shade. And you have the audacity to tell me not to shade :lol:
Not a real response
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Roden »

Idk what your problem is but your attitude is atrocious and your ego is embarrassing
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 956, Black wrote: You're my problem. I will gladly take you up on a 1v1 and vote myself tomorrow if you're town here
What makes me your problem
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 959, Black wrote:
In post 955, Naerys wrote: Woah calm down, Black
I mean the guy is purposely being snarky and rude just to piss me off and shade me. Mission accomplished. I'm not personally attacking him, I just said I don't give a fuck if he thinks my response is real or not
Yeah it's shit like this why I'm being snarky

I can't have a single conversation with you without you twisting what I say as being scum-motivated

Like every time I tried to talk to you yesterday you could only think up worlds where I'm scum no matter what I was trying to say or whatever alignment Wartortle would flip

And you're still doing that today
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 962, Black wrote: I'm sorry but I can't stand the way people like Roden play the game. They weave little personal insults in their posts and then act holier than thou
It's called matching energy
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Roden »

Honestly I can't even town clear you Black for the way you're acting here because this isn't even the third time that I've pissed off scum so badly that they want me dead

Granted...they all won afterwards because everyone town read their genuine anger and played it up even after my mis-elim
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 971, Black wrote:
In post 966, Roden wrote: Yeah it's shit like this why I'm being snarky

I can't have a single conversation with you without you twisting what I say as being scum-motivated

Like every time I tried to talk to you yesterday you could only think up worlds where I'm scum no matter what I was trying to say or whatever alignment Wartortle would flip

That's cap. I was clearly willing to re-evaluate in and I even admitted I was wrong about one of my points in that post. But whatever dude
Yet you voted me without trying to engage with me first...interesting...
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by Roden »

VOTE: Black
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:52 pm

Post by Roden »

What do you scum read about me, Wiz? As far as I know it seems based on my predecessor. I'd like if you tried to interact with me in some way.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:00 am

Post by Roden »

VOTE: Roden

I don't care and I lost interest, just kill Black tomorrow
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1216, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1111, OutWorldER wrote: alright, I got back from work fairly early, so I'll drop this now and then probably go to sleep, and respond to whatever is posted in response in the morning when I wake up

Spoiler: WHEN YOU JUMP TO IT AND YOU CAN'T GO THROUGH IT AND YOU CAN'T KNOCK IT DOWN

Black vs Roden, I think, is incredibly obvious TvS, and Roden is the very obvious scum in this situation. It feels this D2 Roden came from a completely alternate universe than D1 Roden. His assertion that Black can't vote scum does not track with his own stated reads, where Black's vote has been, and his own (lack of) defense of the Wartortle wagon. Look at the following quotes here:

Spoiler: Quotes Wall
In post 948, Roden wrote:
In post 943, Naerys wrote:
In post 939, Black wrote:
In post 936, Naerys wrote:
In post 934, Black wrote: Because I know for a fact you don't
huh?
Roden thinks you and OWER are scum but for some reason he seems to think I can't vote for scum
Thats quite weird. Seems like scum was caught being inconsistent.
Y'all said this about Wartortle and he flipped town. Wake up.
In post 950, Roden wrote:
In post 944, Black wrote: Everyone hop on. I'm driving this wagon off the cliff
Vote this off tomorrow so this slot doesn't make us lose in ELO please

If you were to replace into this game right now, and the first posts you saw were these, you'd think that Roden would've been hard defending Wartortle D1 and heavily against his elim. This isn't true to reality though, because if we look at his ISO D1:

Spoiler: Quotes Wall the 2nd
In post 622, Roden wrote: Sorry, I had trouble connecting to the site the last couple days. I had caught up when it was 15 pages and I'm just going to give my thoughts from there. As of now I'll be playing in the present and just catch up over the night phase.

Smiley: Seemed odd early on but I agreed with a lot of his posts. and are posts I especially liked and thought were townie.

Hu Tao: A lot of nothing for awhile, but I think that's townie for her judging by past experience. Which maybe sounds mean and I don't intend to mean it that way, but I've seen them be very active/proactive as scum and I don't think their attitude matches their scum games so far.

Naerys: I don't agree with most of the reasoning she's given for her reads. is the only post I kinda like, but even then she only null reads Star later on, which is just off to me. I hate the Wartortle and Smiley reads.

Wiz: Idk why this player has been getting scum read, and I don't agree with the previous player in my slot. Wiz has been pretty solvey all game, and he's been one of the most active players. This game has been too inactive for scum to actively decide to put so much attention on themself like he has.

Wartortle: A self proclaimed town leader that I'm fine with town binning for now. Depending on flips, I could see him potentially being a power wolf, but it feels very unlikely.

Enchant: Pass.

Heip: Hard to follow what's going on with him, but he looks like lim bait. Going on the backburner for later.

Hold: I got genuine townie outrage from him and feel some empathy there. I think this is just town.

OWER: rang alarm bells for me, it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.

Star: Has some LAMIST posts that I didn't like. I have a scum lean here but it's based mostly on vibes.

Knott: Nothing to comment on. I'm hoping Shea town tells.

Python: I like posts and , I feel fine setting them aside as town.

VOTE: Naerys

In post 673, Roden wrote:
In post 669, Black wrote:
In post 667, Roden wrote: Explain maybe?
Your vote on Naerys feels opportunistic. When reading your catchup post it feels like you mainly scumread her for having bad reads which isn't even really scum indicative. When I compare your read on her to OWER and to an extent BlackStar I feel like your vote should have gone to one of the latter two, but instead it goes on Naerys who just so happens to be one of the leading wagons

Nothing in your catchup gave me enough town vibes to make me reconsider my scumlean on DE

Initially I had an issue with your readslist because I thought it was ordered and that didn't match your reads but looking at it in more detail, it seems like you just threw names into the piles without ordering them. Correct me if I'm wrong here
Sorry, I thought I'd made it clear but I mainly scum read her for the
reasoning
she gave for her reads, not because she had bad reads. I specifically hate the Smiley read because I think he'd done enough to not be a null slot, and I hate the Wartortle scum read because it had zero lead up to it and it didn't match up with their prior interactions.

I would vote OWER, but 1) I haven't fully caught up and I want to know the context of why he changed his tune about his Wiz, 2) I don't have enough buy in and good will to start a brand new wagon two days before deadline, and 3) I still think Naerys is scum, and of my three scum reads she's the most likely slot I can successfully vote out.

As far as opportunism, I don't really understand this point. If I'm scum making up scum reads, voting Wartortle is the optimal play regardless of his alignment. If he's town, he's a much better vote than Naerys since that furthers the gap from my own potential wagon, and if Naerys is also town who is LHF then I'd want to keep her around for the next Day phase. If Wartortle is scum, the best play is for us to commit to scum theatre so one of us gains town cred if the other flips.

Also yeah, my reads list isn't ordered, but only because it isn't final yet.
In post 777, Roden wrote: For what it's worth, if this does flip town I don't think it was a scum-driven wagon. It feels like it built up naturally.

The first two quotes are like...the most Roden ever offered in defense of Wartortle, and the last one is almost outright an endorsement of the wagon. Roden's read on Wartortle is also incredibly hedgy, stating a weak TR on the slot while also proclaiming he could see him being a "power wolf". Roden also does basically nothing to push his "preferred alternative" (Naerys) at all D1. His readslist, initial vote, and some weak justification offered
almost entirely in defense of himself
is the most he ever does to try and push Naerys D1.

These two narratives are completely incongruous with one another and the scum motivation here should be obvious: Scum lets a town-led miselim through while off-wagon, then beats Town over the head D2 with the fact of their mislim to try and gain some towncred off of an "I told you so" narrative. Except in this case Roden didn't even bother to try and pretend he wasn't going to let the Wartortle elim go through in the first place.

The rest of the fight is just theatre on Roden's part:

Spoiler: Quotes Wall the 3rd

In post 966, Roden wrote:
In post 959, Black wrote:
In post 955, Naerys wrote: Woah calm down, Black
I mean the guy is purposely being snarky and rude just to piss me off and shade me. Mission accomplished. I'm not personally attacking him, I just said I don't give a fuck if he thinks my response is real or not
Yeah it's shit like this why I'm being snarky

In post 947, Roden wrote:
In post 941, Black wrote:
In post 937, Roden wrote:
First of all...rude

Who are you voting
You said I'm not capable of voting scum, which implies you don't think I've voted for scum this game. So yeah this is pure shade and I think you know I'm town
I'm telling you to stop fucking around with bad votes and pointless shade

In post 954, Roden wrote: Idk what your problem is but your attitude is atrocious and your ego is embarrassing

These potshots are utterly divorced from the reality of the game, especially the first one. Go back and read those quotes where Roden talks to Black D1. The responses from both players are civil, and in the context of Black's , and the frustration coming from Roden seems incredibly exaggerated and out of proportion. Black has been incredibly transparent with the DE/Roden read, both that she had a scumlean on him and that her read was also not entirely set in stone. If you want to say that Roden's anger here comes from being voted by Black, I'd counter that he should reasonably have forseen this possibility from his interactions with her D1 and the fact that there was no NK from which to do NKA that could've affected Black's reads. The only thing that could've affected Black's reads was Wartortle's flip, but reading Black's ISO I think Black made it clear her read on Wartortle was divorced associatives-wise from her read on DE/Roden.

But the real kicker is, if you read these in a vacuum once again, it looks like Roden is a frustrated townie yelling at a person who he also thinks is a townie. Then:

Spoiler: Quotes Wall the 4th

In post 973, Roden wrote: Honestly I can't even town clear you Black for the way you're acting here because this isn't even the third time that I've pissed off scum so badly that they want me dead

Granted...they all won afterwards because everyone town read their genuine anger and played it up even after my mis-elim
In post 974, Roden wrote:
In post 971, Black wrote:
In post 966, Roden wrote: Yeah it's shit like this why I'm being snarky

That's cap. I was clearly willing to re-evaluate in and I even admitted I was wrong about one of my points in that post. But whatever dude
Yet you voted me without trying to engage with me first...interesting...
In post 975, Roden wrote:VOTE: Black

SUDDENLY WE FLIP GEARS COMPLETELY.
On the weakest, most incredibly reachy progression possible, which somehow even overrides his stated SR and vote on me beforehand. Go through Roden's ISO yourself and find where he
ever
states even a nominal suspicious of Black's slot, and you won't find until the literal 2 last posts he made in this argument. I think Roden realized that people were voting Black on (what I think is a) weak case (the idea that Black "goaded" Naerys into voting so Enchant would hammer) and realized he could twist it into trying to start something on Black (remember that at this point in the argument Enchant and BlackStar were still voting Black). Or just to throw it out there to try and improve his image and make it look like a TvT. The point is that I don't think this vote here comes from town.
I don't think any of Roden's part in this conversation comes from Town.
I think the entirety of Roden's posts here are about making himself look good and not about actual scumhunting.

I don't know how to end this wall.

VOTE: Roden
The first problem I have with your case is that your argument seems to be based around the idea that he’s trying to appear like he was defending Wartortle before hard on D1. He hasn’t said anything to that effect, so everything you wrote after that is based on a flawed premise.

The second reason why it doesn’t work is that you said he suddenly flipped on Black and it was a random overreaction, but you’re ignoring the context a bit. Black voted for him and he said that Black can’t vote scum. It was obvious that he was saying that he knows he’s town and he’s frustrated that Black was voting for him, especially after her confident mislim yesterday.

But Black took the conversation in a completely different direction and started talking about all the other people she’s voted for and making the claim that Roden must be informed that they were all town. Roden asked her who she was voting for right now (him) and then Naerys jumped in and made a snarky post along the lines of “hello? Are you even paying attention to the game?”. She seemed to completely miss the point he was making and that just served to make him more frustrated. I’d get angry too after that.

His posts following that progression don’t feel like an overreaction when you take all of that into account, especially since Black kept egging him on and was also counting down how many people were on the wagon.
Thank you, this is exactly it.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1235, Black wrote: I think there's a real chance that Roden is the type of person that just can't handle being incorrectly pushed
Not even close, I've been mis-elim'd so many times for much dumber reasons. I just don't have WIM this game.
In post 1236, Black wrote: Roden is probably going to hate me moving foward and he might not even play the game anymore but I think there's a greater chance in OWER flipping scum here
This is what frustrates me, we've barely interacted and you think I hate you. Like you just keep assuming things about how people think and act and it's like you can't imagine any other outcomes.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:00 pm

Post by Roden »

VOTE: Hu Tao
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (isolation #38) » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Roden »

Can we please just vote out the player who fake claimed a role and then immediately took it back when they got CC'd
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1491 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1488, TheHoldSteady wrote: She retracted before the cc
What does this tell you?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Roden »

Hu Tao why........
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1581, TheHoldSteady wrote: I think it's time I claim so we can figure out what's going on here.

I'm a Jack of All Trades: one shot vig, one shot tracker, one shot doctor.

Night one I tried to kill TSQ, last night I tried to track OutworldER. Neither night my actions went through.
You self-voted as a JOAT??
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1602 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by Roden »

This set up is extremely town-sided if all claims are real, that's an insane amount of power especially if we have three different ways to stop NKs and three different ways to catch scum

Unless Black has a guilty result, I don't have a problem getting voted out today. The PoE is too small for scum to win at this point.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (isolation #43) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Roden »

I'm VT btw
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1611 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1606, Enchant wrote: I am Investigator.

1. Roden. Medium/Janitor/Retributionist
2. SmileyDude1. Spy/Blackmailer/Jailor
Lmao
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1628 (isolation #45) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by Roden »

So Shea got Jailed, Vig'd, and Bodyguarded on the same night?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1629 (isolation #46) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Roden »

I need to look up NAR now because idk what takes priority in that situation
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1633 (isolation #47) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Roden »

Ok yeah, I misread THS as TSQ
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1657 (isolation #48) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by Roden »

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by Roden »

Oh, I was thinking because Ninja isn't Simple and couldn't be in the set up, then we can pretty much guarantee the killer had to be Blackstar

Idk now though
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (isolation #50) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:43 am

Post by Roden »

VOTE: Blackstar
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Roden »

What do you think happened last night, Naerys?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1846, Black wrote:
In post 1602, Roden wrote: Unless Black has a guilty result, I don't have a problem getting voted out today. The PoE is too small for scum to win at this point.
What was the point of posting this? You weren't even being considered for the chopping block
Because the game is kind of just over now. A Blackstar red flip puts us too far ahead for scum to win. There isn't really a point in trying to argue who should go out first.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1936 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Roden »

Sorry, I didn't realize you had mind-reading powers
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1937 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Roden »

Like what are y'all even doing right now
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1948 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1942, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1937, Roden wrote: Like what are y'all even doing right now
We’re trying to figure out mech, mostly—have any insights?
There have been no kills for the past two nights

Night 1: THS Vig'd Shea, Smiley JK'd Shea

Night 2: Smiley JK'd Python

Python has claimed 1-shot BP

What do you think it means in a world where Blackstar flips red and Python is confirmed as town
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1951 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:54 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1946, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1933, BlackStar wrote: It looks like you posted that before I claimed though
In post 1934, Black wrote:
In post 1930, Roden wrote:
In post 1602, Roden wrote: Unless Black has a guilty result, I don't have a problem getting voted out today. The PoE is too small for scum to win at this point.
What was the point of posting this? You weren't even being considered for the chopping block
Because the game is kind of just over now. A Blackstar red flip puts us too far ahead for scum to win. There isn't really a point in trying to argue who should go out first.
That's not why you posted that
In post 1936, Roden wrote: Sorry, I didn't realize you had mind-reading powers
You don't need to be a mind reader go see that your response doesn't really make sense. The game wasn't "over" when you made that first post, so your rationale for making it must have been different
What context is missing then?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1954 (isolation #57) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:01 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1953, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1951, Roden wrote:
In post 1946, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1933, BlackStar wrote: It looks like you posted that before I claimed though
In post 1934, Black wrote:
In post 1930, Roden wrote:
That's not why you posted that
In post 1936, Roden wrote: Sorry, I didn't realize you had mind-reading powers
You don't need to be a mind reader go see that your response doesn't really make sense. The game wasn't "over" when you made that first post, so your rationale for making it must have been different
What context is missing then?
Black asked you why posted that. You said you posted it because the game was over and it didn't matter if we flipped me or Python first. But I hadn't claimed yet at the point when you made that post, so that couldn't have been your thought process at that moment in time
Do you know who else had claimed at that point
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1955 (isolation #58) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:06 am

Post by Roden »

I don't know what y'all are trying catch me on here when I literally said you can vote me out and still win

Kind of a pointless thing to argue about or grill me on
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1978 (isolation #59) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1963, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’m voting Roden because I know that if I jump on the BlackStar wagon, it could cause the the day to end early. I also just still do not like the vibes of Roden’s posting—it feels like fluff and he’s actively pushing for BlackStar’s elim, which makes me hesitate on it. I know one of BlackStar and Python is scum, but I’d really rather not sacrifice a townie too if we don’t have to (AKA I’d like to get it right the first time).

And also, I feel like if I wanted to set up for an elim on you, I’d just be quicker and more direct about it—I feel like a lot of my turnarounds on people like BlackStar have been far faster and more obvious. And what benefit do I have to eliminating someone who considered me locktown? It’s way better for scum!me to just play as your lackey and let you consider me town while I try to guide you to miselimming other people.
It would be cool if your read on my slot could evolve at any point in this game
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1979 (isolation #60) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1736, AnimatedWiz wrote: I could see BlackStar and Enchant as partners—how he reacted to their posts early in D2 felt really weird to me, but if that’s the case then I’m unsure of which of my scumreads would fit into that third slot—Roden’s slot has interacted with OWER far more suspiciously than with these other two, and I think that interaction speaks to Roden and OWER being partnered instead.
???

What suspicious interactions??
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1980 (isolation #61) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Roden »

I haven't even spoken to him, and we both think the other is scum...
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1981 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by Roden »

I straight up said I think OWER is scum for trying to force your elim through
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2021 (isolation #63) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Roden »

In post 2008, Thestatusquo wrote: VOTE: Naerys
Why though
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (isolation #64) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Roden »

In post 2060, SmileyDude1 wrote: I jailed AnimatedWiz last night btw
Python/THS/Shea

I think that has to be the team
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2071 (isolation #65) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Roden »

In post 2069, TheHoldSteady wrote: Yep. Game over. Enchant/Annie/??? scum. Terrible performance from town tbh.
Where's Python?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2075 (isolation #66) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Roden »

In post 2073, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 2071, Roden wrote:
In post 2069, TheHoldSteady wrote: Yep. Game over. Enchant/Annie/??? scum. Terrible performance from town tbh.
Where's Python?
I'm not their keeper
Do you not think Python is scum?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2079 (isolation #67) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Roden »

In post 2065, TheHoldSteady wrote: I think we just lose. Town has just not done well at all, with three incorrect lims in a row. I'm going to play to win no matter how dire it gets, though.
Didn't you try to self-lim as a JOAT...?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2082 (isolation #68) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:50 am

Post by Roden »

In post 2078, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 2075, Roden wrote:
In post 2073, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 2071, Roden wrote:
Where's Python?
I'm not their keeper
Do you not think Python is scum?
I was convinced of it but I'm being paranoid and second guessing it now.
What do you think happened if it isn't Python?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (isolation #69) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Roden »

In post 2081, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 2079, Roden wrote:
In post 2065, TheHoldSteady wrote: I think we just lose. Town has just not done well at all, with three incorrect lims in a row. I'm going to play to win no matter how dire it gets, though.
Didn't you try to self-lim as a JOAT...?
Did I try to self-lim or did I take an educated risk to make myself look more like a VT knowing I wasn't going to be limmed for voting myself for a little while.
Hmmm...
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2087 (isolation #70) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Roden »

For me, I don't understand why he's claiming he self-voted in order to look like a VT, when he got blocked two nights in a row anyway.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2466 (isolation #71) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Roden »

GG, this set up felt very town-sided so good job to scum for winning. Thanks for modding Dann.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”