Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 423, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 422, DarthPunk wrote: I'm more cautious about voting in this setup because its Instant Majority, and I need to consider timeframes. Like probably hammer will be during peak EU_US crossover time while I'm sleeping. So I want to be really comfortable with where I park my vote while I'm away.
If we time this day out I will lose my mind.

but fair enough
I'm not planning on doing that, I just want to hear more, and I want some others who are not contributing to have contributed.

Really no excuses for us to not have significant information on every player day one with this setup.

I do prefer the 48hour day 24 hour night phases on TL though, as a driver of something happening.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 424, Vivax wrote: Just got off work and it's raining napalm and baby kangaroos in here hijole
Share your thoughts Vivax :D
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:56 pm

Post by Vivax »

Dannflor's big case on superfluousninja (which totally isn't some random generated amongus name) appears attractive.
His two follow up posts have that certain satisfied nailed it vibe so he can be town.
I think that perhaps he was holding back from calling those things out initially for some reason, maybe they have some history of playing together and he wanted to give superflous some room to post before deciding to push her.

Waiter, I'll have what he's having.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:08 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 374, Dannflor wrote: I think Superfluousninja is scum.

Generally, I think her posting revolves far more around "winning" interactions and signposting her intentions in an attempt to look town and than it is based around actually detecting people's alignments.

In , Ninja responds to Vivax's theory that she might be scum with this:
Yeah. THIS is just nonsense. Why would an alleged scum version of myself want to make such clear lines in the sand when day 1 was, for me at least, less than an hour old? Like I know yall were talking while I was getting my beauty sleep, but the idea that I was actually trying to choose sides this early is just not logical.
The LAST thing any scum ever wants to do, like ever, and much less at the very very beginning of the game, is have any clear allegiance with anyone. So this theory of yours seems like poor theorycrafting IMO.
this response, especially the last line feels a lot more like a scum response to a perceived "inaccurate" accusation than a town response. the whole response is based around dissecting Vivax's logic and basically calling it bad, ergo Ninja cannot be scum. the primary motivation here is for Ninja to show that she cannot be scum based on Vivax's obviously faulty logic.

but I'm not sure why a town!Ninja isn't more suspicious of Vivax or trying to interrogate Vivax more on his thought process to try and determine his alignment. I would think a town!Ninja's primary motivation here would be to try and detect which alignment Vivax is coming from. Instead, the last line of this post seems to assume that Vivax is town, by calling his attack poor thinking, instead of considering that it might be fake.

Her followup in is again focused on Vivax not being "fair" and his summation of her gameplay so far being inaccurate. again, very focused on the inaccuracies and her presentation of herself.

feels weird to me because she is immediately trying to undermine my strongest (and only at the time) town read. The tone of this post doesn't appear to indicate that Ninja actually thinks I'm suspicious for town reading DP, but rather it seems more geared towards trying to convince me to scum read him

Later, with Ninja's push on OutofOrder, I still don't really believe Ninja is trying to sort between who is scum and who isn't.
Like what do I need to do here to get you to actually explain your actions? Do you need me to vote for you to put the pressure on? Because I think I've reached that point.
In fact, Ninja's whole thing behind this vote is that it is very explicitly a pressure vote to get Out of Order to explain himself. She calls the behavior of outoforder "headscratching" but again I don't really get the vibe that Ninja thinks outoforder is scum.
In post 348, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'm leaving my vote on OutOfOrder for now because I want to see my actions through on that one, but I'm fully in favor of a vote against Gob after all this.
I feel like this, again, betrays that the vote on OutOfOrder is very much just like... an optics thing that she feels too self-conscious to move before like getting some arbitrary amount of engagement from OoO. It's also such a weird signpost that I think most often comes from scum who are planning their trajectory throughout the day, rather than a townie who is reacting to things naturally and doesn't necessarily know where their suspicions or vote might lead them next.

Like, it is not at all clear to me why Ninja thinks that once OutOfOrder responds that she is going to stop suspecting him and be good to move onto gob. Instead, it sounds like she's already decided to stop suspecting OutOfOrder once he responds and Ninja can move onto pushing gob which is what she really wants to do. Like she "wants to see her actions through" which means what exactly?

Furthermore, I feel like Ninja's interactions with gob have been very... "ahah! I've got you!"-coded

like gob seems disengaged thus far and clearly enjoys kinda being annoying towards Ninja. I don't think either of these features are super alignment indicative but Ninja's whole post is about how gob's disengagement and "weirdness" must be from scum. and idk it just doesn't read genuine to me.

some of this read stems from me town reading all of roden/gob/outoforder and I think gob in particular is a pretty juicy target to push as scum because a lot of his logic looks surface level scummy and I don't think he particularly cares about being town read as town, so Ninja launching into a huge case about why gob is scum (while keeping a contrived vote on outoforder) looks bad to me

also i think the way she's played around the whole Roden vs. oats master thing has been kinda one dimensional. Like she basically went into that and immediately decided it was an SvT and oatsmaster was town and Roden was pretty sus. although it doesn't appear Ninja is interested in actually pushing that and would like the conflict to keep going? which is kind of conf biasing me into thinking Roden vs. oatsmaster is town vs. town.

but I'm contrasting this with Luca's read on the situation, which, while similar, has greater nuance. Luca is still questioning oatsmaster and I don't think is necessarily trying to encourage the conflict to continue
Agreed. They also didn't reply to my post where I contradict their logic. Their logic was that scum is in the lurkers but in the game they posted, there were more town lurkers than scum lurkers
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: SuperNinja
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:21 pm

Post by Vivax »

Spoiler:
In post 382, DarthPunk wrote: Catch up post.

In post 182, outoforder wrote:
In post 173, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 149, outoforder wrote:
In post 130, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 62, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 60, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: outoforder
VOTE: Dannflor

Terrible.

If you want me to talk more about why I am a little sus of DarthPunk, this reaction is part of the reason why.

Outoforder said a thing about they think Dannflor might be trying to cozy up to them. Dannflor then reacted by voting for Outoforder.

Now you can either look at that as a joke, or you can see that Dannflor is unironically just trying to distance himself from Outoforder. One interpretation is that this was meaningless and another is, IMO, totally understandable. Thus, I don't really get why DarthPunk took so much issue with it. It's scummy to take issue with stuff on flimsy evidence, since scum know they're never going to get solid evidence of anything and thus must jump on even the flimsiest of cases and hope it somehow blows up into something legitimate.

Like it's just weird I guess. It didn't strike me as a scummy activity at all so I guess I just don't follow the thought process that might make someone think it was, other than a very simplified "there's a vote with little rationale behind it, go after it", which isn't much of a case so early in the day.
There is nothing scummy there.
I don't know Dannflor from before, how do you take that?

I dunno? None of my takes have been based on anything that happened in any games previous to this one. If you and Dannflor had some long and storied history with one another, I'd still hope that you evaluated his thoughts and actions in the context of this game and not biased by previous ones. I don't have any history with anyone here, but speaking for myself, if I did, I'd honestly do everything in my power to forget it and force myself to judge their thoughts and actions in this game and this game alone.

I'm not sure what to make of everything you just said and did. You offered a lot of opinions but hardly any rationale for any of it. I don't think any of us are particularly concerned with exactly what you believe as we are with WHY you believe it.

Like let me press you for more info on a few things, give me a moment...

(wow, 4 new posts since I started writing this)
I would like you to press me more on this please.

I like OOO wanting to get pressed here. Mostly because of meta reasons, I like it when OOO is setting traps or checking to see if his expectations are met within certain interactions. It means he is thinking about thread dynamics and trying to deduce people's alignments internally and I think this is more likely to be part of his natural process as town.

I don't like his Luca Read though, at this point in the thread, Luca has seemed to me pretty townie, and I have not really disagreed with any of their thoughts or conclusions.

In post 185, gob wrote: Lets discuss something important...

Roden voted Vivax
Naerys voted OoO
Dannfloor Vivax
Vivax OoO

These are the first votes in the game. Generally mafia wants to establish distancing earlier.
Roden and Dann voted Vivax.
Naerys voted OoO
Vivax voted OoO.

Given that Vivax was voted twice and also voted for someone, they are the person who gives the most info, and is the most likely to be wolf as well.

VOTE: Vivax
This doesn't make any fucking sense, especially in the context of random voting on this site.
In post 190, outoforder wrote:

Roden voted Vivax
Naerys voted OoO
Dannfloor Vivax
Vivax OoO

These are the first votes in the game. Generally mafia wants to establish distancing earlier.
Naerys voted OoO
Vivax voted OoO.

Given that Vivax was voted twice and also voted for someone, they are the person who gives the most info, and is the most likely to be wolf as well.

This is probably the worst reason ever to vote for anyone, but also not mafia reason lol
I agree, but I also disagree that they can't be mafia here.
In post 191, gob wrote:
In post 190, outoforder wrote:

Roden voted Vivax
Naerys voted OoO
Dannfloor Vivax
Vivax OoO

Naerys voted OoO
Vivax voted OoO.

This is probably the worst reason ever to vote for anyone, but also not mafia reason lol
It's honestly not that bad. Statistically it checks out im pretty sure.
It is.
In post 199, Vivax wrote: But you also think Luca looks scummy when he seems like the sanest person itt so meh, you might be mafia after all.

VOTE: outoforder
I understand this vote, but I don't think that his Luca read makes OoO mafia.
In post 212, Oatsmaster wrote:

Roden voted Vivax
Naerys voted OoO
Dannfloor Vivax
Vivax OoO

Naerys voted OoO
Vivax voted OoO.

Its ridiculous that yall let gob get away with this tbh.
I know im using ridiculous a lot, but this is an insanely terrible post
Oats looking good.

In post 225, gob wrote:
In post 219, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 217, Vivax wrote:
In post 215, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 214, Vivax wrote:
In post 212, Oatsmaster wrote:

Roden voted Vivax
Naerys voted OoO
Dannfloor Vivax
Vivax OoO

Naerys voted OoO
Vivax voted OoO.

Its ridiculous that yall let gob get away with this tbh.
I know im using ridiculous a lot, but this is an insanely terrible post
It's funny that you acknowledge this and think it's scummy, but somehow are oblivious to outoforder giving him a townread for it while you don't. If you are town then what does that make outoforder, or me for that matter?

Considering we think the same it's odd that you think I'm scummy but manage to overlook the entire reason that I'm voting him for yet is one you seem to be agreeing with.

If he's mafia though I congratulate you to what later will be a present scumclaim.
how does outoforder giving him a town read make outoforder scum rather than bad?

Wow I can hold 2 separate thoughts in my head big whoop lol.
He said gob‘s post was so bad that it made him town.

Why don‘t you double down on your separate thoughts and ask Outoforder the same question, or yourself for that matter:

Why does it make gob bad and not scum ?

Double standard spotted, Oats.
Ah yes when someone disagrees with me they must be scum. of course. makes me have a double standard.

Gob post is bad because hes trying to apply intent to a phase in the game with no intent, so clearly hes just posting for the sake of posting, and "trying" to find a reason to jump on you, the current most popular target.
There is intent in RVS stage. The mafia commonly vote their partner in RVS stage to "distance."

It is a bad play, mind you. But people do it often.

Although i do admit i was posting for the sake of posting.
OK.

VOTE: GOB
In post 230, SuperfluousNinja wrote: If activity levels, or lack thereof, are an indication of guilt, then I'd be very suspicious of Dunnstral, Naerys, and Roden. And obviously MalcolmTucker but they might be afk and getting replaced.
In post 231, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I think there's probably at least one deepfaker in here somewhere, or I'm at least leaving myself open to the possibility so that I don't get hoodwinked by people, but I'm willing to bet there's probably like two scum between Dunnstral / Naerys / Roden.
Very weird change of direction here from Ninja, has just started a push onto OOO and then kind of undermines themselves with an elim lurkers tangent. Undermining your own pushes is scummy because you can act like you are invested and doing stuff but you are also limiting the effect of your push in essence doing something while achieving nothing, which is the goal as mafia.
In post 233, SuperfluousNinja wrote: However I am very much in a tizzy over what OutOfOrder has been doing and saying (and NOT saying, more importantly) so I am leaving my vote there for the time being and hoping for a response. I am murican and this is my bed time so I will see you all in my murican morning.
Yeah just a bit all over the place to be honest.
In post 234, Roden wrote:
In post 230, SuperfluousNinja wrote: If activity levels, or lack thereof, are an indication of guilt, then I'd be very suspicious of Dunnstral, Naerys, and Roden. And obviously MalcolmTucker but they might be afk and getting replaced.
What lack of activity?
LOL I guess Roden and Ninja can't be mafia together at least.
In post 241, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 231, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I think there's probably at least one deepfaker in here somewhere, or I'm at least leaving myself open to the possibility so that I don't get hoodwinked by people, but I'm willing to bet there's probably like two scum between Dunnstral / Naerys / Roden.
Sus post. Looks like you're just going after low hanging fruit. The games been open for like a day? Give it time
Agree with this.
In post 240, Roden wrote:
In post 237, Oatsmaster wrote: Also of all the posts you choose to respond to that one is very funny roden
I have no idea who you are
In post 242, Roden wrote:
In post 228, Roden wrote: I'm assuming you're another of Vivax's off site friends?
You mind answering this, Oats?

Why does this matter @RODEN? weird way to respond to being (correctly) called out, I guess you are trying to undermine his thread presence?
In post 268, Roden wrote: I don't need to case someone who already confirmed themselves as scum lol
Scummy
In post 270, Luca Blight wrote: I don't resonate with Roden's level of conviction at all here, nor do I think he really believes it himself.
Agree with this, this is also why I think Luca is town, just too sensible and insightful at the right times to be maf imo.

In post 272, Luca Blight wrote: It's also the second time a seemingly passive player has burst into life and suddenly gone ultra-aggressive, which as I said earlier I read as more likely to come from scum who are having a hard time blending it otherwise and feel the need to create waves. Doing so against a partner would be a safer route of achieving this. Outoforder at least comes across as Townie to some extent, which I'm not seeing from Roden yet.

Although I really don't like the preflip associative reads at all. So thats bad. But not maf.
In post 276, Roden wrote:
In post 274, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 271, Roden wrote: Then vote Oats

I'd rather vote you, as I don't believe the way you're portraying your view of the game to be real. It's feels as if you're overcompensating.
Ok, found the second scum
This guy is just mafia.
In post 306, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 234, Roden wrote:
What lack of activity?

Does anyone find it interesting that Roden reacted like this to my post, and THEN came the aggressive showdown with Oats? Because I certainly do.

I'm totally on board with Lucas's sentiments that the whole Roden vs. Oats thing seems overblown. However when Oats got personal, it made me realize they're probably just being a jerk, and I've learned that being a jerk actually kinda tends to be a town tell. Scum wouldn't take it personally to be viewed as suspicious since they clearly are guilty, but town views it as an attack on their mafia skill to be innocent but viewed as guilty, and they have the confidence of knowing their own innocence, so from those two things I can see where the "being a jerk" thing comes about. Which is all a long winded way of saying I don't really view oats as scummy here.

Roden's reaction is a bit different and again seems possibly driven by what I said. Could just be overconfident town, but to talk directly to Roden here, please realize what you're doing here isn't helpful, your case is very flimsy, and now you're having to play defense. If you're actually town, it would behoove you to find a way to put this behind us, and continuing what seems like a bad case against oats probably won't get us there.
Why do you Imply Roden's reaction is scummy and then you talk to him as if he is town? This post is big waffle that doesn't do anything or really say anything.

I disagree that town players are more likely to be a Jerk. I will tell you that TL players are more likely to be aggressive in their interactions.
In post 309, Vivax wrote: I found Roden very townie so far.
Laid back much even.
are we reading the same game?
In post 310, Vivax wrote:
In post 308, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 259, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 256, Roden wrote: And why are you so scared of revealing information about who you are as a player?
Why is your reading comprehension so bad you need me to spell it out for you?

For real though, this is incredibly rude and I hope this isn't how people plan on treating each other in this game.
We can vote him for it. In his defense though, that's how he's learned to play.
I can vouch for this, Its a TL thing.
In post 315, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 313, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 241, Hu Tao wrote:
Sus post. Looks like you're just going after low hanging fruit. The games been open for like a day? Give it time

I hate to toot my own horn, but I feel like if there's anyone in this game that you could accuse of "just going after low hanging fruit", it certainly isn't me.

I am immediately sus of anyone who is pushing back on what I said (the main reason I said it was to see who would do so / how people would react). There's little to no incentive for townies to discourage people from using what is historically a pretty decent scum tell. But there's PLENTY of scummy reason for scum, who often struggle to find useful things to say, to push back against anyone sending out a reminder that a lack of meaningful contribution is significant.
Can you show that it is historically a good scum tell?
Spoiler, its not.
In post 318, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 315, Dunnstral wrote: Can you show that it is historically a good scum tell?

Sure, let's look at the most recent Mini Normal game that resolved: viewtopic.php?t=92058

Scum team was HighPrincessErinys, Hu Tao, and Purplemango.

The game had 4147 total posts and lasted for 5 days. With 13 total players, the average contribution of a player is then 4147 / 13 = 319, as your point of reference.

Total number of posts from the scum team:

HighPrincessErinys: 162 (died at end of day 3, so 2 days where no activity would be expected)
Hu Tao: 459 (alive all 5 days)
Purplemango: 103 (alive all 5 days)

Even if we extrapolate HighPrincess's post count for a full 5 days of survival, that would only put them at about 250, still less than the average contribution of 319 posts. Purplemango is clearly well below average at 103. Hu Tao is slightly above average, which I concede, but not above the average by much. Hu Tao was alive for all 5 days, which the majority of players were not, and only managed to come in just above the average.

You can compare that to other very active townies like Flavor Leaf who posted 1130 times and Dragon eater who posted 722 times. When you're a townie, you can post a lot more frequently with much more confidence.

It is not an entirely infallible method. But it is certainly a pretty decent one.
If you tried this on my home site you would not get very far at all.

In post 319, gob wrote: We need to lim between Naerys / Vivax / SuperflousNinja

OutofOrder's tone has been consistent since the begining of the game. He also did progress the first page on his own pretty much.

SuperflousNinja's posts are really long and kinda void of anything worthwhile (in my opinion). So I am thinking she could also be mafia. Naerys not really sure on.
Don't like the let's lynch into X players, really easy to just not include the mafia there as mafia. I agree on the Ninja read tho.
In post 323, Vivax wrote:
In post 322, gob wrote: Vivax is probably the mafia in that pool.

everyone get on vivax
Honestly you remind me of one of those peasants from Monty Python.

Luca said OOO hasn‘t been consistent, you say he has. That‘s the point. Your opinions differ, that should bother you, because it bothers me if it doesn‘t.
Good post.
In post 345, Roden wrote:
In post 310, Vivax wrote:
In post 308, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 259, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 256, Roden wrote: And why are you so scared of revealing information about who you are as a player?
Why is your reading comprehension so bad you need me to spell it out for you?

For real though, this is incredibly rude and I hope this isn't how people plan on treating each other in this game.
We can vote him for it. In his defense though, that's how he's learned to play.
This actually answers the question I was asking Oats earlier. His play felt super similar to Punk's, who comes from a different site, so it made me think he probably came from there as well. In that case, it would explain the instant aggression and over-the-top criticism towards the town and site culture. Oats refusing to answer that question though made me think he knew I just detected his scum tell, but that he wasn't from the same site as Punk and couldn't lie and say he was, and so refusing to answer was his only way to shrug off pressure as scum.

It turns out no, he's just unhelpful and abrasive for literally no reason besides being taught bad habits.

UNVOTE:
Bit of the pot calling the kettle black here.
In post 351, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 225, gob wrote: There is intent in RVS stage. The mafia commonly vote their partner in RVS stage to "distance."

It is a bad play, mind you. But people do it often.

Although i do admit i was posting for the sake of posting.

Emphasis mine. I just wanted to highlight this one too as what I think is clearly non-townie behavior.
This is a good pickup, I like ninja when she is posting less waffle and actually just gets to the point (ironic I know with this catchup post :P)
In post 372, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 318, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 315, Dunnstral wrote: Can you show that it is historically a good scum tell?

Sure, let's look at the most recent Mini Normal game that resolved: viewtopic.php?t=92058

Scum team was HighPrincessErinys, Hu Tao, and Purplemango.

The game had 4147 total posts and lasted for 5 days. With 13 total players, the average contribution of a player is then 4147 / 13 = 319, as your point of reference.

Total number of posts from the scum team:

HighPrincessErinys: 162 (died at end of day 3, so 2 days where no activity would be expected)
Hu Tao: 459 (alive all 5 days)
Purplemango: 103 (alive all 5 days)

Even if we extrapolate HighPrincess's post count for a full 5 days of survival, that would only put them at about 250, still less than the average contribution of 319 posts. Purplemango is clearly well below average at 103. Hu Tao is slightly above average, which I concede, but not above the average by much. Hu Tao was alive for all 5 days, which the majority of players were not, and only managed to come in just above the average.

You can compare that to other very active townies like Flavor Leaf who posted 1130 times and Dragon eater who posted 722 times. When you're a townie, you can post a lot more frequently with much more confidence.

It is not an entirely infallible method. But it is certainly a pretty decent one.
There are so many things wrong with this. First of all you're taking averages in that game and comparing the mafia to be above or below average posting rate. In this game, you've simply said the three lowest posters are mafia. In reality only Purplemango is in the lowest 3 in the game you've linked. You're also using a game where 2 town players have way more posts than normal which are two outliers that is throwing everything out of whack. Finally you've presented a sample size of one which isn't enough to say that this is a trend that occurs over multiple games.
For someone this sensible I really wish you contributed more.

Reads:

Oats: Tip Top Town.
Luca: Town
OOO: Lean town
Dannflor, Vivax : doing stuff
Hu Tao, Dunnstral, Nareys: Sensible, but need to post more.
Lean Mafia: Ninja
Mafia: GOB and Roden.
In post 383, DarthPunk wrote: My Vote is on GOB by the way, it's buried in that catchup post.

I could also vote for Ninja or Roden.

I'm around now and keen to interact or answer any questions.
In post 388, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 387, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 385, DarthPunk wrote: Oats I do think you could tone down the aggression levels and probably find more success leading the town.
I probably could but there are some absurd things being said, it’s very difficult
I mean I don't disagree. We are guests though, always nice to be polite.

That's a lot to digest. I'm going to try and keep it simple and I'm better at gaining insights in the morn anyway.

We differ a lot in how we approach gob. You tend to just take people playing in a scummy manner at face value while to me he looks just like a player who has fun being contrarian and has zero fear of dying while annoying the hell out of people who take the game extremely seriously. In that way, I prefer to just treat him as a little thorn in the side who draws too much attention for the game's good (no offense though, I find it amusing).

As for Roden I concede that I need to reevaluate especially after the part with the 'offsite friends' thing which is like a meek complaint that he's getting five-finger-death-punched by Oats consistently and he's silently blaming me for bringing him into this mess. To that I have to say that everyone is here out of their own free will and we aren't off the table for each other while being from the same community (which is a concern town Roden might legitimately hold with sufficient paranoia), it's just that our site doesn't host that much lately.

I specifically find it suspicious from Oats though that he treated gob in that exceedingly serious manner while I did in a different one as described above. I mean sure, he doesn't make sense but if he's town that's a main priority for scum to push. I don't know his alignment but I could see him being town shark bait. He's not even triyng to be scummy on purpose, he's just... Derp?

Made the post a clickable spoiler since i assume that was the intent
Last edited by Gypyx on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:25 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

What happens if the people that are acting scummy are just scum though? Occam's Razor and all that.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:36 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 413, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 410, DarthPunk wrote: Ninja can you post a list of your reads please.
I'll just copy and paste the notes I keep on my desktop.

TOWN
Luca Blight - active, good take in post 56
Dannflor - very active. Strangely aggressive? but still making good arguments
Oatsmaster - aggressive pushback on Roden, being a jerk, which is kinda townie tell

NULL
Outoforder - active, but acting in odd and suspicious ways, need better explanations
DarthPunk - very active, Post 57 struck me as sus and I commented on it
Vivax - very active, Back and forth with him over DarthPunk comment, but untrustworthy
Naerys - inactive
Hu Tao - inactive

SCUM
Gob - slightly more active but underwhelming, some bizarre play with the case on Vivax
Roden - was inactive, then strangely aggressive after I pushed him for it, defensive / dismissive
Dunnstral - inactive for a long period, pushed back on my activity level post

MalcolmTucker is afk so they could be anything.
I don't think it was strategically wise for you to place Dannflor in the top tier town here and calling his arguments good when he's voting for you. If it's some kind of reverse psychology thing, Gob already took the spot for being in charge for that.

Got to give it to DP that asking for a list post after that humongous wall of pressure from Dann was pivotal to the generation of this reaction. Oats on the other hand displaying possible signs of a bus with the quick vote and later unvote. If they're paired it must look like napalm to him indeed. Noted, but not damning.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:48 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 431, DarthPunk wrote: What happens if the people that are acting scummy are just scum though? Occam's Razor and all that.
It's a bit of a site meta thing. What you might define as scummy could just be a way to play that you don't deem as efficient. It always helps to pretend that there's a bunch of Chezinus in the game (troll player from our site).

I always go into games thinking that a bunch of players are just actors who play as distractors. Not that it has to be the case but it helps me with the sorting. I've met a lot of nasty distractor questions during exams.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:48 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Oats on the other hand displaying possible signs of a bus with the quick vote and later unvote.
sir the editor keeps inserting unvotes that I don’t want lol
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:52 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 432, Vivax wrote:
In post 413, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 410, DarthPunk wrote: Ninja can you post a list of your reads please.
I'll just copy and paste the notes I keep on my desktop.

TOWN
Luca Blight - active, good take in post 56
Dannflor - very active. Strangely aggressive? but still making good arguments
Oatsmaster - aggressive pushback on Roden, being a jerk, which is kinda townie tell

NULL
Outoforder - active, but acting in odd and suspicious ways, need better explanations
DarthPunk - very active, Post 57 struck me as sus and I commented on it
Vivax - very active, Back and forth with him over DarthPunk comment, but untrustworthy
Naerys - inactive
Hu Tao - inactive

SCUM
Gob - slightly more active but underwhelming, some bizarre play with the case on Vivax
Roden - was inactive, then strangely aggressive after I pushed him for it, defensive / dismissive
Dunnstral - inactive for a long period, pushed back on my activity level post

MalcolmTucker is afk so they could be anything.
I don't think it was strategically wise for you to place Dannflor in the top tier town here and calling his arguments good when he's voting for you. If it's some kind of reverse psychology thing, Gob already took the spot for being in charge for that.

Got to give it to DP that asking for a list post after that humongous wall of pressure from Dann was pivotal to the generation of this reaction. Oats on the other hand displaying possible signs of a bus with the quick vote and later unvote. If they're paired it must look like napalm to him indeed. Noted, but not damning.
Someone can scumread you and still be town if they make sense even if the conclusion is wrong. So I disagree with this take
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:02 pm

Post by Vivax »

If I were Superfluousninja and had written the amount she has and Dannflor just came out of nowhere and stuck a wall of accusations to my face of which some are of the type that he could have presented earlier, you bet I'd start poking into said wall before thinking to myself 'oh he's town'.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:04 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 433, Vivax wrote:
In post 431, DarthPunk wrote: What happens if the people that are acting scummy are just scum though? Occam's Razor and all that.
It's a bit of a site meta thing. What you might define as scummy could just be a way to play that you don't deem as efficient. It always helps to pretend that there's a bunch of Chezinus in the game (troll player from our site).

I always go into games thinking that a bunch of players are just actors who play as distractors. Not that it has to be the case but it helps me with the sorting. I've met a lot of nasty distractor questions during exams.
Well that is true.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:06 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 436, Vivax wrote: If I were Superfluousninja and had written the amount she has and Dannflor just came out of nowhere and stuck a wall of accusations to my face of which some are of the type that he could have presented earlier, you bet I'd start poking into said wall before thinking to myself 'oh he's town'.
This is true. It's almost like it didn't occur to her that he was mafia, which is weird cause for me, the best reason he is town is the case he made against ninja.

But for town!ninja you should know he was wrong.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:10 pm

Post by Vivax »

If I rolled scum in this game I‘d NK a certain someone just to be able to post that Luca Blight sleeps with the fishes. Couldn‘t resist.

I like the page I‘m on in this game with most of you so far. Some very good input here.

UNVOTE:

We‘re not in a rush and I‘d like to see the followup to these exchanges before I place a new vote. Should probably make a list too, but not tonight.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:10 pm

Post by Gypyx »

SuperFluousNinja (4) :
Dannflor / gob / oatsmaster / Hu Tao
[Exe-3]

outoforder (3) :
Naerys / SuperflousNinja / Roden

Luca Blight (1) :
outoforder

gob (1)
DarthPunk

Roden (1) :
Luca Blight

Not Voting (3):
MalcolmTucker / Dunnstral / Vivax

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-12 04:48:03)

Mod NotesMalcolmTucker has (expired on 2024-02-04 04:47:47) to confirm their role PM before i start a replacement search for their slot

If you want to reduce a post in "spoiler" tags, your BBcode should look like that

Code: Select all

[spoiler=]*the = has to be put manually[/spoiler]
:wink:

Flavor
Spoiler:
As a quick aside, while i'm personally not in a good position to criticize due to like, not being able to draw at all, you gotta admit that having a team inexperienced with 3d stuff while making a 3d animated series can be a pretty worrying thing ! Fortunately, that's something that can be improved as time goes, and you definetly feel that the artists have gotting better at their job, sadly, the start was pretty rough and the backgrounds being barebones would be an understatement

anyways i otherwise don't care much about graphics really so consider this the one time i'm allowed to bitch about visuals >:3

no like really is this how you animate a robot drinking another robots oil (blood) it's straight up just black particles floating to his mouth
bangs head against the wall
it looks SOOOO BAD HELP
Last edited by Gypyx on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 386, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 374, Dannflor wrote: like gob seems disengaged thus far and clearly enjoys kinda being annoying towards Ninja. I don't think either of these features are super alignment indicative
Why is this not alignment indicative?
having played with gob before i've seen these sorts of behaviors from him as both alignments
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 384, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 376, Dannflor wrote: dunnstral why is superfluous' assertion about lurkers like the most interesting thing to you about this game so far

i don't think you're scum for lurking but i don't understand why you are picking at the things you are picking at
Do you not think lack of engagement is a mafia tell?

Does it concern you that Dunstrall is only pushing back on the assertion that would cause him to be in the list of mafia?
it doesn't concern me that dunstral is pushing back on this, I don't disagree that it's not a great tell

it concerns me that of all the things in the game thread this is what seems most interesting to him. I don't really know what it tells him about Ninja's alignment or what value he gets out of arguing this point
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 391, DarthPunk wrote: Basically my case on GOB is that he openly stated he was posting for the sake of posting.

That is mafia 101 scummy. What can I say? I am a simple man, I see a scum claim, I vote.
I don't think this is scummy

town post for the sake of posting probably more often than scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 409, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 378, Dannflor wrote: I also don't really buy superfluousninja's read on Luca

or rather it reads like scum trying to pocket a townie. I do think Luca is town, but the way superfluousninja worded her read in feels both way too strong way too early and feels like... idk it is trying to flatter luca more than actually explain to others why he is town?

So you think I made the right read, but the way I presented this allegedly correct read was so perplexing that you're casting your vote for me? This is your case?

I don't know if you missed but no this is not the entirety of the issues I have with you

but yes I think your read on luca is awkward/forced
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 422, DarthPunk wrote: I'm more cautious about voting in this setup because its Instant Majority, and I need to consider timeframes. Like probably hammer will be during peak EU_US crossover time while I'm sleeping. So I want to be really comfortable with where I park my vote while I'm away.
generally no one is going to quick hammer and risk backlash, people will wait for claim

and people generally announce when it gets two or one away from elimination
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

anyways, don't love Ninja's immediate reaction but I'll refrain from further comment until she's had a chance to catch up and respond given the aforementioned terrible evneing

hope it gets better for you ninja
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:27 pm

Post by outoforder »

Morning. Gonna catch up soon, Saturday is a board game day so i am a little bit behind.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:27 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

is an excellent post, I have to say. Dann is pretty obviously town now, in my opinion.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:52 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Replacing MalcolmTucker

(bottom text)
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”