Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:53 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Oh nvm she’s voting for me already
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:55 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

I do wanna take some time to also think about the game assuming that gob is town
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4047, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 4011, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4006, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 4004, Luca Blight wrote: Since when did you townread Hu Tao?
Since I wrote my reads out, Im thinking that it’s fairly unreasonable to do a gambit like that without a plan as mafia and she definitely didn’t have a plan

You seem to have been scumreading Hu Tao for most of this day since her reaction test, so it seems odd that all of a sudden as you're writing out your reads list you become confident she is town.
why would mafia!oats be inconsistent with HT now when he is facing pressure just before his death?

Could be a few reasons, such as:

- He doesn't want Hu tao to vote for him, so tries to placate her with a town read
- To make her look a bit worse, or at least muddy the waters in terms of associations, following an oats red flip
- Because he wants to pick his battles right now - he can always return to Hu Tao on another day if he survives this one.

Why would Town!oats not consider whether the reaction test meant Hu Tao is more likely town earlier in the day? he has scumread her ever since then. You say oats made a good point, but he's only repeating what myself and other said ages ago. I don't get how oats can scumread her all day, be asked to give some reads and then suddenly, out of nowhere, decide she is town, based on this progression.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

I’ve scumread Hu Tao starting day 1
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4052, Luca Blight wrote:
Since I wrote my reads out, Im thinking that it’s fairly unreasonable to do a gambit like that without a plan as mafia and she definitely didn’t have a plan

You seem to have been scumreading Hu Tao for most of this day since her reaction test, so it seems odd that all of a sudden as you're writing out your reads list you become confident she is town.
why would mafia!oats be inconsistent with HT now when he is facing pressure just before his death?

- He doesn't want Hu tao to vote for him, so tries to placate her with a town read
- To make her look a bit worse, or at least muddy the waters in terms of associations, following an oats red flip
- Because he wants to pick his battles right now - he can always return to Hu Tao on another day if he survives this one.

Why would Town!oats not consider whether the reaction test meant Hu Tao is more likely town earlier in the day? he has scumread her ever since then. You say oats made a good point, but he's only repeating what myself and other said ages ago. I don't get how oats can scumread her all day, be asked to give some reads and then suddenly, out of nowhere, decide she is town, based on this progression.
none of this makes sense if scrutinised beyond a surface level, he would know as mafia that he would get jumped on for this.

I find two explanations plausible

1.) he was under pressure and just slipped

2.) he is town and he just changed his mind.

anything else doesn't make sense. So it's basically NAI imo.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:03 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

If oats is town then he would have considered that possibility well before now. Hu Tao hasn't been suspected by anyone for a while now and *poof*, his scumread magically disappears.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:04 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

UNVOTE:

Is there a reason you write this post only considering the perspective that Hu Tao is town?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:05 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4056, Oatsmaster wrote: UNVOTE:

Is there a reason you write this post only considering the perspective that Hu Tao is town?

I wrote it from the perspective that your scum.

I don't see any reasons to believe you're partnered with Hu Tao, especially given your awkward reaction to her reaction test.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:06 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4055, Luca Blight wrote: If oats is town then he would have considered that possibility well before now. Hu Tao hasn't been suspected by anyone for a while now and *poof*, his scumread magically disappears.
I don't think there are arbitrary timeframes in place that town need to meet in order to change their mind.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:08 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

You wrote a bunch of reasons, none of which included the possibility that Hu Tao was mafia.
That seems like a mistake, wouldn’t you want to consider how I’m mafia if Hu Tao is mafia? In your post of prospective reasons?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:08 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Like you wrote it explicitly with the perspective that I’m mafia and Hu Tao is town. Why?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:10 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4058, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 4055, Luca Blight wrote: If oats is town then he would have considered that possibility well before now. Hu Tao hasn't been suspected by anyone for a while now and *poof*, his scumread magically disappears.
I don't think there are arbitrary timeframes in place that town need to meet in order to change their mind.

There isn't, but it's not a natural read progression when he has scumread her since then. For example, I scumread Hu Tao previously, but determined her reaction test was more likely to come from town straight after it happened, even though she suspected me based on my reaction to it.

It's just convenient that oats' scumread disappears when Hu Tao is no longer under suspicion, and she happens to hold a key vote in deciding his fate.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4060, Oatsmaster wrote: Like you wrote it explicitly with the perspective that I’m mafia and Hu Tao is town. Why?

I've already answered this?

Darth asked me why scum!oats would be inconsistent with his read. I don't believe you are likely to be partnered with Hu Tao based on your reaction to her reaction test. What don't you understand here?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Still not an unvote correct?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4061, Luca Blight wrote:

There isn't, but it's not a natural read progression when he has scumread her since then. For example, I scumread Hu Tao previously, but determined her reaction test was more likely to come from town straight after it happened, even though she suspected me based on my reaction to it.

It's just convenient that oats' scumread disappears when Hu Tao is no longer under suspicion, and she happens to hold a key vote in deciding his fate.
This seems like a good point, but it actually isn't because based on the game so far, oats should know he will get cleaned up from flipping on this read right now.

And HT will definitely notice, and is therefore more likely to sus him if she is town.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:15 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4063, Gypyx wrote:

Honestly would prefer if you just counted them as you saw them, I’ll correct them if I want to keep the vote on. Is that easier for you?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:16 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4062, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4060, Oatsmaster wrote: Like you wrote it explicitly with the perspective that I’m mafia and Hu Tao is town. Why?

I've already answered this?

Darth asked me why scum!oats would be inconsistent with his read. I don't believe you are likely to be partnered with Hu Tao based on your reaction to her reaction test. What don't you understand here?
Alright if you wanna double down that’s fine
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:18 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

It's gonna be real awkward if you flip mafia here oats.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:19 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4064, DarthPunk wrote:

This seems like a good point, but it actually isn't because based on the game so far, oats should know he will get cleaned up from flipping on this read right now.

And HT will definitely notice, and is therefore more likely to sus him if she is town.

He's getting cleaned up anyway. It's probably easier for oats to just put Hu tao as town for now than to find reasons to justify scumreading her when she won't be getting limmed and he has other more immediate issues to deal with, like surviving.

It feels to me that you will never scumread oats this game, no matter what. He has you well and truly pocketed.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4067, DarthPunk wrote: It's gonna be real awkward if you flip mafia here oats.
I gotchu
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

It's probably easier for oats to just put Hu tao as town for now than to find reasons to justify scumreading her
You do realize that I didn’t put any reasons for my scumreads in that reads list, why would I have to justify keeping my Hu Tao scum read? As you’ve been pointing out as well, I’ve had plenty of reasons why I scumread hu Tao before
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Luca, I’m not really sure what the problem is with dp defending his town read when you literally did the exact same thing with Dann.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4065, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 4063, Gypyx wrote:

Honestly would prefer if you just counted them as you saw them, I’ll correct them if I want to keep the vote on. Is that easier for you?
I'd much rather avoid allowing you to make corrections and stuff cause it could lead to weird situations

i'll count them as unvotes and if you didn't want to just revote who you were going for, sounds good?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:24 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4070, Oatsmaster wrote:
It's probably easier for oats to just put Hu tao as town for now than to find reasons to justify scumreading her
You do realize that I didn’t put any reasons for my scumreads in that reads list, why would I have to justify keeping my Hu Tao scum read? As you’ve been pointing out as well, I’ve had plenty of reasons why I scumread hu Tao before

Because If you were questioned about it, you would have to justify it. And Hu Tao is still yet to vote you, but has expressed a willingness to vote you. I think this is a key strategic point here - you want to get on her good side if at all possible.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:24 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4068, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4064, DarthPunk wrote:

He's getting cleaned up anyway. It's probably easier for oats to just put Hu tao as town for now than to find reasons to justify scumreading her when she won't be getting limmed and he has other more immediate issues to deal with, like surviving.

It feels to me that you will never scumread oats this game, no matter what. He has you well and truly pocketed.
There is a chance this is true honestly, but I have decided to trust my read on oats, and if I got bamboozled then fair play to him.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”