Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5050 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 5033, Naerys wrote:
In post 4239, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 4228, Naerys wrote:
In post 4226, SuperfluousNinja wrote: You are making it very hard to scumread you, Naerys. lol
Good, beceause i am town.
Vivax and Grack it is. I didnt like Vivax in previous day and Grack has some pretty bad wagon positions.
I agree with this. At first I thought vivax was town but I remembered something he did that was sus. When I put gob at e-1 he unvoted. Originally I thought it was to protect oat but I think it was to give gob more time to fake claim a role.
How is this copying you when I gave my own reason? This was not your reason
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5051 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 5044, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 5023, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 5021, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 4983, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4981, Naerys wrote:
In post 4980, Naerys wrote: Also Darth would be probably easy pocket if u and vivax are scum together
Which makes it more probable to be Darth + Hu lol
bcz i dont see any pocketing attempts from either Vivax or Luca

That is a possibility. I'm glad you're at least considering it.
Is this literally not the pocketing you were just saying? Because you literally did not give me the same type of interaction when I said I would reconsider :lol:

Saying you will reconsider and actually reconsidering is quite different.
I literally fell asleep after I said I would reconsider. Why keep posting that I would reconsider after i didn't post after I said I would reconsider?

As I said, talk is cheap. You saying that you might reconsider doesn't mean a whole deal until you actually do reconsider. If I were scum with vivax I would hardly bank on you reconsidering based on that and suddenly go 1v1 with Darth, would I?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5052 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:00 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 5038, Luca Blight wrote: I already said - I have tunnelled hard in this game too, albeit not on D1 and not based on meta. I never expected a locktown read, but I expected
some
development at least.
And I did change my read on you
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5053 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:01 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 5040, Vivax wrote: Naerys-
Luca,Vivax

Hu Tao-
Luca,Vivax

Luca-
Darth,Naerys

Vivax-
Darth, Luca

Darth-
Hu,Luca

Updated.

And DP had Lucas vote on him already and survived, it wasn't a wide span of time but a costly mistake if mafia with Darth. It adds fuel to the Darth mafia scenario so he can save himself in this phase.

Just from tone and reaction both Naerys and Hu felt townie to me on these pages. The Naerys switch to Oats is more likely to come from town because as mafia she'd know it could be used against her and there was no benefit to saving gob anyway cause he'd get auto'd the next day.

As an added benefit I can say I went into D2 with two correct guesses before everything got discombombulated again.
I'm likely changing based on last few pages
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5054 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:02 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 5043, Luca Blight wrote: Not even necessarily a townread - you haven't posted any thoughts on me at all except for a bad reaction to the reaction test, which wasn't even right as my reaction was to being wagoned. It feels like just keeping someone as a possible mislim option down the line by avoiding taking a hard stance.
I'm pretty sure I did, but maybe I just thought it. I'll check
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5055 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:02 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 5049, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 5034, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 5032, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 4997, Luca Blight wrote: I'm starting to feel as though Naerys is more likely town, given she's actually reassessing her reads based on game developments.
:lol: what about when I said it? Is it because she was talking and I fell asleep?

Well, are you reassessing? Do you still think me/vivax are scum?
As I said I'm putting everyone back on the table. But I want you to explain why you think that I would reconsider you last game but not this one when I didn't last game

Because my play D2 onwards resembled that last game in many aspects. As I said, I could totally understand why you wouldn't TR me based on my D1 play this game.

Basically, you hard TR me based on hard, tunnelled pushes in the other game, but when I do the same this game your read doesn't change at all. Can you see why I find that a little suspicious?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5056 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:06 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Right now I could see a world where both you and Naerys are town and the scum team is actually Darth/Vivax (who now thinks I'm scum with Darth again, lol).

I'm going to look into those interactions more.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5057 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:07 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 203, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 147, outoforder wrote: lets murder mafia ok?
Seems like a bit of a stretch. I don't see what makes Luca scummy. Especially for asking a question that makes sense
In post 204, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 154, outoforder wrote: Luca is just commenting, they are not trying to solve.
So you're expecting someone to solve in the 5 pages? Also why was his question not trying to solve?
In post 208, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 199, Vivax wrote: But you also think Luca looks scummy when he seems like the sanest person itt so meh, you might be mafia after all.

VOTE: outoforder
I agree that Luca doesn't looks scummy like OoO is saying but I did like one post from him so far.
In post 1232, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1171, Vivax wrote: I‘ve been devil‘s advocate for you, don‘t you think ?

That earned me a lot of criticism, but in the long run it also told me that nobody would have done the same for you. Just cost me the extra effort, but I wasn‘t pretending, I actually believed it. To find the devil means to play his game first.

Except maybe Naerys, she might have done something for you, who resorted to calling Oats mafia without having a firm stance on you. A chainsaw vote.

Let‘s try Luca/Naerys/Roden ? See if anything changes ?
I'm okay with voting Luca or maybe naerys. I think I'm leaning no on roden right now
In post 1813, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1566, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1565, Oatsmaster wrote: I’m saying that voting for you doesn’t make her mafia.

It’s probably the most relevant thing she’s done this game and you aren’t engaging with it appropriately.

I never said it did make her mafia, I said I don't understand her thought-process on that, or much else.

How can I engage with a naked vote, exactly?
Lies. You literally just said it made me a scumread. Caught in your own web
I just want to show that day 1 my read did vary on you. I'll look at other days
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5058 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:09 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Yeah, but I'm not talking about D1. As I said, D1 my play was different from the other game as I found it difficult to get firm reads.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5059 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:12 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 5056, Luca Blight wrote: Right now I could see a world where both you and Naerys are town and the scum team is actually Darth/Vivax (who now thinks I'm scum with Darth again, lol).

I really disliked your vote.
Your persona so far has always been calm and collected and it was an impulsive play that contrasted it. It implies you had the jitters and that the game wouldn‘t be over for town if you did it again I guess.

And I haven‘t forgot about the Oats cred thing which imo was damning and DP should have given more weight to instead of just weakly agreeing with.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5060 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:12 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 2764, Hu Tao wrote: Top town
Dannflor, SuperfluousNinja, outoforder

Townish
Vivax, Grackaroni

Null
DarthPunk, Gob, Naerys

Leaning
Oatsmaster

Scum
Luca Blight

I'd say these are my overall tiers. I could move gob and naerys down if they don't do anything. DP I'm unsure how to read. Idk if scum would just pretty much try to Elim me over every little thing, I think could just be tunneled but unsure.
In post 3217, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3216, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3215, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I'm caught up. I'm for a DP vote. I'm unsure the vote count right now since it was wrong earlier

If not DP, who are the other two you'd want to lim?
Gob, Oats maybe Luca. I definitely liked Luca more in the catchup than dp for sure though.
In post 3413, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3411, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2764, Hu Tao wrote: Top town
Dannflor, SuperfluousNinja, outoforder

Townish
Vivax, Grackaroni

Null
DarthPunk, Gob, Naerys

Leaning
Oatsmaster

Scum
Luca Blight

I'd say these are my overall tiers. I could move gob and naerys down if they don't do anything. DP I'm unsure how to read. Idk if scum would just pretty much try to Elim me over every little thing, I think could just be tunneled but unsure.
In post 2765, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 2761, outoforder wrote:
In post 2759, Hu Tao wrote: What am I supposed to gather from gob and naerys when they basically said nothing from my claim
nothing ofc.

but the question is what are you supposed to gather from your (fake)claim?
So far you have gathered nothing afaik?
Nah. I think I got clarified on a few reads like vivax, oats, grack and Luca.

Imo it made Luca way worse for me. But I know you all scumread him heavily yesterday.
In post 3217, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3216, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3215, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I'm caught up. I'm for a DP vote. I'm unsure the vote count right now since it was wrong earlier

If not DP, who are the other two you'd want to lim?
Gob, Oats maybe Luca. I definitely liked Luca more in the catchup than dp for sure though.
Can you explain your read progression from Luca firm mafia to voting to yeet Luca's target?
Luca's catchup and back and forth with dp was better than dp. Which is why I voted dp instead earlier
In post 3414, Hu Tao wrote: He also explained his reaction which I initially didn't like which I thought was okay
In post 3504, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3461, Luca Blight wrote: I think my vote is going to be glued on oats for the rest of this day.

Anyone who happens to townread oats - just look through his iso and see him ask question after question, and make remark after remark without actually doing any proper analysis or doing anything of note at all. All arguments against him he dissects into fragments and asks for explanation after explanation, with the attitude of 'innocent until proven guilty'. It's what I used to do in past scum games - break every argument down into pieces and argue on a purely logical basis, which will never end up with a satisfactory conclusion, because of course oats is never going to admit to being scum, and will continue arguing and redirecting until either you lose interest, or people lazily start to write it off at tvt.

You need to look as much at what oats isn't doing as what he is doing. The vast majority of his post count is made up of filler and questions that lead nowhere. He hold his cards close to his chest and never seems to adapt his reads based on thread developments. Not to mention the blatant pocketing of his tl mates, namely Darth Punk.
Agreed oats is scummy
In post 3505, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3464, Vivax wrote: I see you writing a lot but not much substance behind it when you could just look at the wagons and draw conclusions in a more rational way.

Instead you're back to claims like Oats pocketing TL buddies and all that jazz which is a cheap way of sowing distrust. Most of your arguments are based on something not making sense to you and there's massive amounts of purely aesthetic floof.

VOTE: Luca Blight
Okay so I'm confused by this vote. Weren't you the one saying that pressure on gob was important? But you unvote because you want the people that are asleep to chime in on him when I put gob at e-1? And then you vote Luca once he starts going for oats? Not this seems like you're soft defending oats for a second time when at first I thought it was just because of Dann laying off the gob pressure
In post 3661, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3624, Oatsmaster wrote: :(
In post 3618, Hu Tao wrote: I've been pretty clear where my reads are. I think I've been giving reads pretty consistently when asked and when not asked. I literally just gave a few reads the last few pages. That's why I think you're lying about that.

2nd I guess I understand where you can see that. But that's just how I play I catch up and sometimes I'm not around. But I don't think it's as bad as you're painting it.
By very clear I mean reasons. You don’t elaborate on why you think someone is xyz, you just say it.

I’m 90% sure that I asked you specifically about the Luca -> dp transition and what made you make that change and you never responded
In terms of Luca I felt his tone was good. He seemed genuinely frustrated by the situation. I also agreed with his reads originally that you and dp were scum
And this is day 2. At first I did scum read you but even then i started to tr you a bit and even explained why. And vote dp when you were in a 1v1 with him. So maybe you forgot but my read did evolve on you
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5061 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:15 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 5059, Vivax wrote:
In post 5056, Luca Blight wrote: Right now I could see a world where both you and Naerys are town and the scum team is actually Darth/Vivax (who now thinks I'm scum with Darth again, lol).

Your persona so far has always been calm and collected and it was an impulsive play that contrasted it. It implies you had the jitters and that the game wouldn‘t be over for town if you did it again I guess.

And I haven‘t forgot about the Oats cred thing which imo was damning and DP should have given more weight to instead of just weakly agreeing with.

oats cred? Not sure what you mean by that.

I felt in the moment that Darth was very likely to be scum based on his reaction to my suspicions, and I still do think he has the most chance of being scum out of anyone. Why would I suddenly vote my partner out of nowhere? I don't get why you would think that.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5062 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:16 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Also Naerys I'm still waiting for you to show me where I was 'forced'
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5063 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:17 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Ok Hu Tao, fair enough. I did forget about your 3661.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #5064 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:17 am

Post by Naerys »

I need a break, gooing to do something else for bunch of hours.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5065 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:20 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 5063, Luca Blight wrote: Ok Hu Tao, fair enough. I did forget about your 3661.
Does this change anything
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5066 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:20 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 5064, Naerys wrote: I need a break, gooing to do something else for bunch of hours.
Okay np. Let me know when you're back
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5067 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:21 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 5065, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 5063, Luca Blight wrote: Ok Hu Tao, fair enough. I did forget about your 3661.
Does this change anything

Well, right now my feeling is that both you and naerys are more likely town and that the scum team is Darth/vivax.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5068 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:21 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 4371, Vivax wrote:
In post 4368, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 4366, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4362, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 4361, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4359, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 4358, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Town misreads town as scum in a game of mafia, more at 11!
I am scared of this and I am taking what you say seriously as you are basically cleared.

Otherwise I would have voted already.

For real, why do you think this means something? How many townies have incorrectly voted to yeet town in this game so far? Why is this one instance of Luca doing it so notable?
Cause his reads and actions don’t align

Are you concerned at all that the guy you are sheeping posted those quotes in the wrong order, or that he didn't tell you how many posts were inbetween, so that you wouldn't get a sense of how much time and how much post material he had to change his mind?
No, not really.

Luca said oats was always his bigger scum read and that he also thought gob could be mafia tracker .

Then why does he Think his strongest scum read would hammer his buddy?

Why would he not hammer his other scum read?

All of those are fair questions that vivax is pointing to.
You can add those to the mix but my concern is really just simpler than that. And now pretend I'm an angry Italian man who just saw you put parmesan on tuna pasta.

IF YOU THINK THAT OATS WOULD ACQUIRE GUARANTEED TOWN CRED FROM HAMMERING GOB BECAUSE YOU WON'T???
HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT OATS IS YOUR STRONGER SCUMREAD?
This one got buried under the ninja tunnel at the time.

Luca: 'Oats is my stronger scumread, but I'll let him hammer my weaker scumread gob for the precious cred'
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5069 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:22 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I'll wait for naerys to explain and to see dp's posts before I give my new team
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5070 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:23 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 5061, Luca Blight wrote:

I felt in the moment that Darth was very likely to be scum based on his reaction to my suspicions, and I still do think he has the most chance of being scum out of anyone. Why would I suddenly vote my partner out of nowhere? I don't get why you would think that.
In post 5030, Luca Blight wrote: I think I'm going to rule out Hu Tao/Naerys as a scum team. They could have ridden the Darth tunnel to victory quite easily.
So you're ruling out that Naerys and HT are mafia because they didn't vote Darth while thinking that Darth is scum?

How does that work? Found another nail in the coffin.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5071 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:23 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 5030, Luca Blight wrote: I think I'm going to rule out Hu Tao/Naerys as a scum team. They could have ridden the Darth tunnel to victory quite easily.
So you're ruling out that Naerys and HT are mafia because they didn't vote Darth while thinking that Darth is scum?

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5072 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:24 am

Post by Luca Blight »

It was a facetious remark, vivax. I felt quite strongly at the time that oats/Gob/yourself were the scum team, but gob was the weaker of the three scunreads.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5073 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:25 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 5071, Vivax wrote:

No, you minsunderstood.

I meant that if naerys/Hu Tao were scum then they could have ridden on Darth's tunnel on me to victory without having to reassess anything.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5074 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:27 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 5070, Vivax wrote:

To be fair I wasn't here when he voted so if Naerys and I were scum, we wouldn't have been able to vote him

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”