PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:20 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

okay 4 deaths and a mix of bad guys and good guys.

Random
vote Genocide Heart
(just giving more reason to not like me-hehe)[/b]
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:47 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

fyi I know nothing about the book--
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #163 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

can we get a vote count-
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #246 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:03 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

unvote, vote coron
-for reasons mith stated
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #292 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:48 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

hmm fine,
unvote, vote gaspode
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #379 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:29 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Seol wrote:
Stewie wrote:
unvote, vote: gaspode

I'll just vote the one that has more votes from gaspode and coron... and I don't like lynching someone while they are gone when they repeatedly said so. Gaspode, on the other hand, seems a bit quiet since we "switched" to coron.
To me, it feels like Coron is stalling. He's apparently waiting for confirmation of how much he can claim, but has no other defence in the meantime. The amount of claiming available seems pretty clear to me in the rules on page 1.

Gaspode's quietness does concern me a bit, but I still think Coron's the best bet right now.
Hmm
FOS Soel
for that comment- may well be worth voting this gentleman at some point.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #444 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:27 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote Mith
just more pressure while awaiting whatever defense he has.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #466 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

well
unvote
for now, if I haven't already. since what mith says seems believable by those familiar with material then I would hold off.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #484 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:06 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

replacements would be in order, clearly.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #492 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:33 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

mith wrote:My suggestion is that everyone post someone they're suspicious of and why, rather than sitting around waiting for vote counts and lurkers. While the lurkers are annoying and need to be taken care of, it's not going to be resolved until the mods turn up, so we might as well talk about something constructive until then.

My top three at the moment are: Locus, korais (the stuff from yesterday still) and PeaceBringer (though my feeling about him might be skewed by the fact that he posts very short posts).

Also, anyone that has any suggestions on how my target should be picked, go for it. I've given the three main options as I see them, but if there's any more, or you think we should go one particular way rather than another, we need to hear it.
I don't post lengthy votes, I frequently don't explain votes, it is how I play. I don't find the quote for quote wars all that helpful and a clog of info myself. Right now I am just watchign and reading cause I don't feel good about a vote anywhere at the moment.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #499 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:25 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Mith, I come from an entirely different "school" of play. I do interact. I don't like long posts. NYPD was a game that didn't keep my interest level. This game is more difficult because I don't know the subject matter. I find it not always helpful to reveal all thoughts. A vote without explanation can be for many reasons.

I personally don't find long drawn out posts helpful. Often they are redunant, make the same nonesense over and over. Quote wars are very dull and usually end up as pissing contests and don't tell much of anything. I listened, found your defense reasonable but then to turn around and attack someone who plays differently and annoyed you over lack of being connected to an experimental game in the past is very scummy. Oh, and I find long, drawn out, rambling posts which ultimately say nothing to be dull and excessive, especially when there is a distinct lack of any humor.

Also given that thinking I cannot rest easy knowing you can kill, therefore
unvote, vote mith
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #504 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:38 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Fuldu wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:Mith, I come from an entirely different "school" of play. I do interact. I don't like long posts.
But this tendency toward short posts has occurred
while
you've been playing here. In many of your earlier games on MS you posted long, drawn-out posts analysing voting patterns of previous days to try to pin down where the scum were likely to be hiding. They weren't always correct, but they were intelligent and well-intentioned even in those instances when they were wrong (or you were scum and they weren't well-intentioned, but they appeared so). The new PeaceBringer, who posts little of note and then comes up with a vote seemingly out of nowhere, is probably putting the same amount of thought and analysis into his votes as the old one was, but it's far less convincing to those of us who don't get to see your argument. In this particular case, the rattling on about how you'd prefer not to see careful analysis in posts seems scummy.
vote: PeaceBringer
I got no probelm with vote anaylsis- we are on day 2, nothing really to analyze yet. We can look at who was on and off that vote but nothing really helpful. I have also found in my recent experience that sometimes it is better to not say everything you think. And if you go back to all my games, some games I tried to analyze, others not. And you know when you get night killed a few times it does lend toward one being more careful about thoughts shared. If you recall Fuldu, some of my lengthies posts were more about defending game style.

I have no problem with posts that entail real anaylsis, even if they are lenghty. I have not seen any lengthy posts in this game that contained anything but pissing contests and redundency. I did say Mith put on a good defense, thus the unvote. Then he goes on to find a target to take heat off of him, which is me. And forgive me, if he is protown and wants me out of a game and can kill, nothing I can do about that. So
FOS to FUldu
for misrepresentation of my play.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #508 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:57 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

GH-- where did I state Mith was lying. He is spinning crap logic about my play, but no where did I state that Mith is lying. He has indicated his view that I should die and wants to get me lynched. How can I view his play as anything other then not helpful at the moment and likely scummy.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #516 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Genocide Heart wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:GH-- where did I state Mith was lying. He is spinning crap logic about my play, but no where did I state that Mith is lying. He has indicated his view that I should die and wants to get me lynched. How can I view his play as anything other then not helpful at the moment and likely scummy.
He claims he is innocent. You voted for him.

This strongly implies that you believe that claim is false and it is thus odd, although not necessarily scummy, that you believe that the accompanying claim that he can kill is true.

Unless you're considering his kill to be the kill of the scum group you believe he's in, which would also make sense. This is why I'm not that suspicious about the whole thing.
I voted for him related to his stated intent to remove me from the game. If he can kill and wants me out of the game, I don't want him in the game regardless of claim or defense. This is specifically what I stated. So a
big FOS
to you for more spin.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #517 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:29 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

mith wrote:
1. Two things here. One, we've 20 pages here, there's bound to be *something* to analyze. Two, it is easy to say there is nothing helpful as a defense for not posting anything of substance and to try to discredit people analyzing *your* posts. That doesn't make it so.
I was referring specifically to vote analysis. I stated I have no problem with vote analysis. You need a coupel days of data to really begin looking at that.

2. The goal of Mafia is not personal survival, but your side winning. I can not think of a single player who has been successful over a long period of time that worries too much about getting night killed.
yes, I full well understand that. I am only dealing with this game.
3. I believe that's the fourth time you've said something along those lines? Does anyone else find this terribly amusing?

So far, I have seen a tendency from you to pass off anything you disagree with as "useless", "redundency", etc. You would be much more convincing if you said "hey, look, this part here is wrong, and here's why".
spin.
4. Yes, that's exactly what I did, except not. For one thing, the "heat" was already pretty much off me at that point. For another, I was trying to get people to *play the game* rather than sitting around asking for replacements and vote counts, and so I listed you as one of *three* people I found suspicious. Rather than post something useful yourself, you decided that you should defend your style of play (which at that point wasn't actually a factor for you being listed, but rather a possible reason I might be "off" with you), and so I then voted for you.
excuse me, you attacked my play this game, pure and simple. You made a concerted effort to throw stuff at me.
5. Except, oh, exactly what you're doing? Voting for me, hoping I get lynched?
voting for you because you have the stated intent of removing me from the game and admit to being able to kill at night
GH-- where did I state Mith was lying. He is spinning crap logic about my play, but no where did I state that Mith is lying.(6) He has indicated his view that I should die and wants to get me lynched. How can I view his play as anything other then not helpful at the moment and likely scummy.(7)
6. Wow. This is new. He's voting for me, and yet won't even put himself out on a limb far enough to say that he thinks I'm *lying* about my pro-town role claim?
you can kill, I cannot do anything to keep you from killing me.
7. Well, at least you were't completely redund
a
nt and used a word other than "useless".
:roll:
I've already given three reasons why I think you're scum, PB. Add to them that you refuse to address any of them.
lets see your stated reasons, hmm I don't post long posts, I don't explain votes, you saw me disconntect from NYPD, I have gotten defensive here-so that must be scummy. Everything you have said has not had an ounce of anything credible. Odds are I am a dead man anyway now. [/quote]
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #519 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:07 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Genocide Heart wrote:Wait, let me get this straight...

You're voting for mith even though you believe he's town, just because you don't want to die.

FOS: PeaceBringer

Clarify this immediately. I hope I'm just reading you wrong.
I don't know if he is town or not. He wants me out of the game. This is not good.
Just having that out there has sealed my fate anyway.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #578 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:15 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Seol wrote:For what it's worth, I'm happy with the "lynch Locus, vig PB" plan.
FOS Seol-- this is not a good plan--I haven't read back beyond this page but Vigging me is not a good idea.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #579 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:30 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay-- Mith if you are pro-town think about it. You questioned a comment I made about not being able to do anything to prevent myself from being killed from you at night, other then voting for you to be lynched. I cannot do it myself, others have to agree. However they seem to agree that killing me at night is a good idea. When it is all said and done town, take a good look at what transpired and who was behind it. When I die, the town will be sick over what happened. At any rate, I see no reason to move my vote, related to my own self-preservation for the good of the town. The way things have turned makes me sick also. Alas, tis the way things happen sometimes. I can't win. I post, it's scummy, I don't post, scummy. I post short posts, scummy. I explain things, scummy. I don't explain things, scummy. Round and round we go. And Mith if you really are pro-town you better damn well re-evaluate cause I guaruntee the only ones not sick about anything that happens to me will be the mafia scum.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #581 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:28 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

my reaction to Mith is related to it not being a good idea to remove me from the game as I just stated in detail. If it is done, you will be sick about it I promise you. This is a game we cannot make direct role claims, so I cannot really say more but there is a reason I both tried to stay out the way and got reactive to Mith's BS. Wanting me gone as pro-town will hurt the town. No if's ands or buts about it. And my saying that assures my death I am afraid. If Mith is pro-town he should not be helping scum. If he is scum, well then carry on.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #584 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:35 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Seol wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:my reaction to Mith is related to it not being a good idea to remove me from the game as I just stated in detail. If it is done, you will be sick about it I promise you. This is a game we cannot make direct role claims, so I cannot really say more but there is a reason I both tried to stay out the way and got reactive to Mith's BS. Wanting me gone as pro-town will hurt the town. No if's ands or buts about it. And my saying that assures my death I am afraid. If Mith is pro-town he should not be helping scum. If he is scum, well then carry on.
The thing is, that just sounds like you're trying to scare us into not vigging you. Anyone can say "I've got a powerful role, it'd be bad for the town to kill me!" - and the thing is, if we let ourselves be swayed by such arguments, we'll have no end of them. Coron and Mith's roleclaims are, at least, verifiable. Is yours?

Or to put it another way, why should I believe you?
believe me or not- your choice. It is part of the game to sort out the truth from the lies. Is my role something where I can say, gee here is the immediate results. Not necessarily. Think about my reactions here though. Does it seem like scum on ropes or someone with a town role that feared losing the life over stupid spin. The main person I need to convince is Mith, if he is not scum. I doubt that I did.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #586 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:01 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Seol wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:Think about my reactions here though. Does it seem like scum on ropes or someone with a town role that feared losing the life over stupid spin.
That's the thing - you
do
seem like scum on the ropes. Almost like a textbook example of one.
PeaceBringer wrote:The main person I need to convince is Mith, if he is not scum. I doubt that I did.
Well, seeing as we've more or less agreed to a town consensus on Mith's vigging, it's not just him at all.
whatever :roll: Read my freaking posts. I hope Mith is a bit brighter then you if pro-town. I am not convinced of it.

So let me get this straight. Scum see someone with ability to kill and immediately draw attention to themself by pointing out it would be a bad idea to kill them. Especially when under no heat from anyone else. Scum in this case would lay back and look to night kill. At least if I were scum I would just go along with the town, back off.

Again, whatever. I am already dead and the town will be sick about it. Sorry.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #625 (isolation #22) » Mon May 02, 2005 4:51 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

As a sign of good faith I will
UNVOTE

I will now recognize myself as a deadman posting.

Mith if you follow through with that, your are DENSE if pro-town. Everyone is dense. I have said essentially what I can. We cannot directly claim. I cannot DO ANYTHING to keep MYSELF from being night killed and If I am night killed those that are TOWN will be SICK about it and probably just blame it on my play. I got reactive to a player with a kill wanting to eliminate me from the game in part related to elements in a game he modded. Oh well, I tried and I won't say anymore about this.

Dead man posting now signing off.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #628 (isolation #23) » Mon May 02, 2005 7:17 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

act of good faith
unvote, Vote GASPODE

Mith I implore you, if you are pro-town don't do the scum's job for them.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #654 (isolation #24) » Mon May 23, 2005 5:38 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

BOO! Cretins.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”