forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

As I said, I play SK as vidge. Sens was pretty cool, and probably would have lived awhile, at least not dying due to my kill.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by millar13 »

Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by SensFan »

Hey Poker,

Was I not fucked enough by not knowing my alignment? Did I really HAVE to be tied to an SK, of all roles...
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

forbiddanlight wrote:As I said, I play SK as vidge. Sens was pretty cool, and probably would have lived awhile, at least not dying due to my kill.
He would have died night 1 if not for caboose.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by springlullaby »

So sens was basically a SK traitor who turned survivor if the sk died?

Errh, Don't see how that's not scum.

Btw, I find hilarious the fact that people didn't believed Bean so long because his claim didn't check out :D
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

SensFan wrote:Hey Poker,

Was I not fucked enough by not knowing my alignment? Did I really HAVE to be tied to an SK, of all roles...
Well you did go survivor and still have a chance if she failed.

would you rather be a survivor straight up? Those things Fail!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by SensFan »

springlullaby wrote:So sens was basically a SK traitor who turned survivor if the sk died?

Errh, Don't see how that's not scum.
Sens didn't know he was a fucking SK.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by millar13 »

Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
SensFan wrote:Hey Poker,

Well you did go survivor and still have a chance if she failed.

would you rather be a survivor straight up? Those things Fail!
I would call you a "common self" aligned 3rd party role and NOT an SK in my book. You couldn't kill and could win with others in certain conditions. You weren't a threat to the town and I believe you had an equal enough chance of winning like everybody else.

Spring thought the town was over powered, had her face ripping succeeded on Sens a gallon on WIFOM could have reeked havoc on the town because they all would of thought Sens was the Mafia GF throughout the rest of the game. Also of the 16-18 roles in the setup 3 were mafia, 3 were third party (SK & BF & EMO), and only 13-15 were town. The two town neighbors cut from the game and the cursed vanilla role have bad metas in bastard games. A vanilla townie in a bastard game, sounds pecular and that fact almost got caf lynched. The current known meta for neighbors (unconfirmed masons) is that 1 is always scum. I made neither one scum so lynching one and or both could lead to the others lynch and more havoc. All mafioso's were powered. One could self protect himself and teamates with all the killing roles in this game (PF likes killing roles). Another had the 1-shot face rip framing. And the last one was a usurper/hitman combo. Usurper's gain GF powers when the GF dies or the usurper is the last scum. The mafia underling gained hitman powers making his kills unstoppable by any kind of doc or role blocker. But the Underling did NOT have to be the last scum to win, unlike the usual mafia usurper.

Here's some more later balance and theme stuff that came to mind:
PokerFace wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
PokerFace wrote:The town won bastard Face mafia as things swung back in their favor at the end. did the mafia have the right number of members for the setups original 16 or 18 player design with all the setups good and bastard elements? Should I have made one of the neighbors mafia to better fit if setup had been 18?

Cross kills of mafia killing SK, SK killing mafia, SK hitting their own blind follower did effect quite a few things. How does general swing of probable kills effect a setup? Was it too easy for the reverse jester to kill himself? He was vidged by the insane killer cop.
That's a lot of questions.

Off the top of my head I'll say that generally big set ups with a high density of power roles are very difficult to get "perfect." You'll end up with a lot of swing based on different people's actions so it's hard to really know how balanced they are. I personally believe the purpose of such set ups is mostly for the enjoyment of playing in such a hectic environment and not really playing in the "perfect set up."

The cross kills obviously were a detriment to the scum's ability to win that particular run of the set up. There were a lot of killing factions in the game and that's really the most swingy element of any set up unless you have a recruitment mechanism. But killing roles are also the most commonly sited enjoyable role in surveys. I think people had fun either way.

I do think the Reverse Jester was too easy, mostly because of how many killing factions there were. Modifying that role so that maybe he survived the first NK attempt would have benefited the set up.
cool, this is what I was thinking. I added to reverse jester to the setup because it fit the theme and slightly as a test subject. I wanted a unique jester that would hinge on border of pissing people off and making them happy. Play super town to get scum killed or super bad to get vidged cause PF got to run a setup with some vidgery (FL was 'part' rright). And there was the bastard chance it could survive it all which would have been a hilarious way to loose a bastard game. You sruvived hell so you loose. I also wondered the practicallity of the role in any setup so it worked a little to test that. It may have been too easy on its own to win but since surviving 2 nights would have meant loss here I think it worked out well.

you covered all my questions but 1 ironically.
had it been run with 18 you think one of the neighbors should have been scum?
I don't know if it matters. I think neighbors are getting a meta of 1 scum out of the total group. It's a good idea to push that meta elsewhere IMHO.
Thats why I made them both town for fixing meta bastardness which I think went well with the game's theme just like the jester. Had the neighbors gotten thrown in with more or less crosskills it probably wouldn't have been necessary for one to be scum and it would have been funny to watch them both get lynched hopelessly in the search for scum when I had made them both town
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

He would have died night 1 if not for caboose.
I know. But that wouldn't be MY kill :P
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Full role list and night targeting on the way...
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Plum »

I replaced forbiddanlight? Didn't hit me at first . . .

Shoot: Plum
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

lmao. Wow.
-StrangerCoug

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

forbiddanlight wrote:
lmao. Wow.
Yes I laughed at the irony and timing of that replacement endeavor quite a bit.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10976
Reference*
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1585762

Crazy mafia. Everyone should join it.
-StrangerCoug

Mr. Bean
Mr. Bean
Goon
Mr. Bean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Mr. Bean »

springlullaby wrote:Btw, I find hilarious the fact that people didn't believed Bean so long because his claim didn't check out
yeah, i'm amazed i wasn't vigged (sorry PF :D) earlier. or SK killed
Ecce homo qui est faba
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

yeah, i'm amazed i wasn't vigged (sorry PF Very Happy) earlier. or SK killed
As I said, I probably would have.
-StrangerCoug

Mr. Bean
Mr. Bean
Goon
Mr. Bean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Mr. Bean »

forbiddanlight wrote:As I said, I probably would have.
but we were counting on it N1... millar was protecting me :D
Ecce homo qui est faba
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

but we were counting on it N1... millar was protecting me Very Happy
millar was vidge fodder. Thusly I was acting as a vidge
-StrangerCoug

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Mr. Bean wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:As I said, I probably would have.
but we were counting on it N1... millar was protecting me :D
Yes, millar was a sporadic doctor that could protect himself or anyone but could not protect the same person on back to back nights. This is the mafia version of a role that was discussed in Mafia Discussion awhile ago in the same thread as the racism sparing me and ythill had.
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Here are all the roles listed along with numbers coresponding to who randomly got each role.

You are the
Town Godfather
. Every night you may send one player to kill another player. This action will be successful if your killer’s alignment is town and PF didn’t make you insane because he is a cruel bastard. If you are investigated you will be seen as Scum. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
Mod Note: His action failed if his goon or killer wasn't town. If they were Mafia or SK or 3rdparty(Sens&Sirnd) then it failed. If the victim was protected by the DSM it failed. If the TGF was protected by DSM the sanity changed and it only succeeded with Mafia or SK or 3rdparty(Sens&Sirnd) as the TGF's goon or sent killer

You are a
Cereal Killer
. Capt Crunch, Wheaties, Frosted Flakes, none of them sound good right now. As a moderator I am quite tired of dealing with these players, so as long as you are around, they’re all pretty much terminal. After all I hear blood and entrails go well with strawberries so ‘bone appetite’. Each and every night you slaughter and ingest one player. They will be killed and any action they perform that night will not work on you. As a Seriel Killer, you win when you are the last player alive or everybody dies. Good Luck

Safe Claim:
You are a
Dr. Kavorkian, Compulsive CPR Doc
. You must target a player every night. If that player is targeted to be killed, you will save them. If they are not targeted for a kill you will end their suffering permanently by killing them yourself. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
You are
Easy-E, the Mail Prostitute
. You may block one player’s night action every night by effectively removing their pm from the mod’s inbox. I mean seriously, you think PF is going to touch a message that looks like somebody jerked off in it? Ewh! You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
Mod note: In order to stop the TGF's goon from making a kill, Easy-E must "block" the TGF himself. Blocking the goon will only fuck with the goon's own personal night action pm, should they have one. In order to stop the Tour Guide's Tourist from traveling some where, Easy-E must "block" the Tour guide himself. Blocking the tourist will only fuck with the tourist's own personal night action pm, should they have one.

You are a
Romani, Fortune Teller
. You can visit one player every night and warn them of a ghastly future that could await them. It will now take one more vote than usual to lynch them during the next day. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
5. The first name given to him was because of cybele's posts here
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10740
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 05#1539305
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 98#1539898
Second half of name given to him because I myself do alot of drunk posting which can inflict foolishness on others who then have a difficult time reading me. Being harder to read can be a protection at times. The DSM in general is a good stand alone role that can protect other roles without making cops too strong and allowing follow cop.
You are
Wraith, the Drunken Shieldmage
. You can give a player a shield at night. This shield will protect them from one kill and reverse their sanity for just that night. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
Mod Note: He can stop the kill of the SK, Mafia, TGF's goon or IKC Cop by targeting the victim. He Can stop the kill of the TGF's goon by making the TGF insane and he can also stop the kill of the IKC Cop by making him sane.

The DSM played well into this game having 1 sane investigater (TGF) and on insane one (IKC Cop). The role could be versatile in other setups if its made like the Addictive Cop but from a Doc Prospective, Pharmacist. That way you can more vaguely force naivity or paranoia in a generally sane, non-bastard enviroment.

Edit: Later Duscussion Thread on this role

6. Not Dracula
You are
Darkcola, The Heat Vampire
. You don’t need a coffin. Unlike normal vampires, you feed off the body heat of others and sunlight doesn’t harm you. At night you may steal the body heat of any one player. Any action that was originally targeting them that night now targets you. Any action that was originally targeting you that night now targets them. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
You are the
Mafia Sporadic Doctor
. Your scum buddies are XXX and YYY. You may talk to either and or both of them at any time they are alive. As a group, you may decide on one player to kill during the night. Whoever sends me the action will perform the kill. You can visit one player every night therefore negating any one kill that touched them. I will allow you to target yourself but you can not target any player on back to back nights. You win with the scum when every one else is dead or nothing can be done to prevent this. Good Luck

Safe Claim:
You are an
Alpaca
. PF sent the action, Shafted messed with it, Elvis misread it and Tajo went wild with it. See if you can unite this town’s collective band of misfits together so that all the scum can be eliminated. You may target any player at night. That player will spend a night at the petting zoo doing dactyly related jobs. Since they are not at home, they can not be killed that night. I will allow you to target yourself since alpacas are supposed to be a zoo’s getting ‘petted’. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
8. Laughed my socks off when Kison got this role. He was the only vanilla townie in the power role heavy pirates vs ninjas game stoofer ran and he winds up getting the role I named after him for that very event since it gave him the title "Cursed" under his name, which he still has at the moment.
You are a
Cursed Vanilla
. PokerFace loves power roles and hates vanilla townies. They are so utterly boring. Well guess what you are? That’s right, you are a vanilla townie and worse then that, you are the only vanilla townie in this game. Every other player is some type of power role or scum faction. Do your best to vote off the town’s enemies during the day and hopefully you’ll survive this game. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
You are a very special
Killer Cop
. You may target one player at night. If he is town he will live, otherwise he will die. Or maybe it’s if he is scum he will live, otherwise he will die. Then again, it’s probably if he is cult he will live, otherwise he will die. I seem to forget which one it is. Yes, officer PF was drunk when he made this setup. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
Mod Note: revealed as: Insane Killer Cult Cop (Since there is no Cult he pretty much just kills everybody unless they are protected or his sanity is changed). The TGF is imune to the IKC's kill due to his millerish/seen as scum qualities. I consider cult, mafia, and SK to all be scum so he would be seen as guilty by any kind of sane cop, inocent or unkilled by the insane killer cult cop.

You are a
Tour Guide
. At night you can allow someone to visit any location so that they may admire anything they just happen to see there. Basically you send one player to watch another player at night. The first person you select will learn of every player that targets the second person you select. Your request should be formatted as “I want PlayerA to watch PlayerB.” Note that you, yourself, cannot be either the watcher or the target of the watching. Also PlayerA and PlayerB cannot be the same person. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
Mod Note: The Tour Guide’s tourist can see the TGF’s ‘goon’ make kills

You are the
Mafia Underling
. Your scum buddies are XXX and YYY. You may talk to either and or both of them at any time they are alive. As a group, you may decide on one player to kill during the night. Whoever sends me the action will perform the kill. If you are ever the last Mafioso alive, your kills will be unstoppable by any kind of doctor or roleblocker. You win with the mafia when every one else is dead or nothing can be done to prevent this. Good Luck.

Safe Claim:
You are
Gimbo
. In the past you ruined a newbie game and successfully pissed off quite a few scummers. You now have the opportunity to make up for your crimes by helping the town or you can choose to fuck them and help whatever scum forces are in this game. You are the role PF believe fails more then anything on this earth. As a Survivor you win if you are alive at the end of the game where either the town or the scum fulfills its win condition. Good Luck
You are a
Mafia Bloodthirsty Chimpanzee
. Your scum buddies are XXX and YYY. You may talk to either and or both of them at any time they are alive. As a group, you may decide on one player to kill during the night. Whoever sends me the action will perform the kill. You recently got loose from the local zoo and it’s about time for you to rip someone’s face off. This sort of thing can easily affect the outward appearance of a dead player. You have a one shot ability you can use on any one night where the mafia sends a kill. This ability will allow you to change how the player you kill will be revealed the next morning. When you want to use this ability you will PM me the mafia kill and say “I am killing ZZZ and making him look like a BLANK”. If your kill is successful, the player will look as you specified the next morning. If your kill is unsuccessful on that designated player, the frame job will not go through and you can not try to use the face ripping ever again. You win with the mafia when every one else is dead or nothing can be done to prevent this. Good Luck.

Safe Claim:
. You are
Nibbler
, the cute little character on Futurama that DGB, CES, guardian, and even PokerFace supported as tons of scummer’s comically changed there avatars just a little over a year ago. You were the greatest driving meme in mafia scum back then, it’s too bad we never got around to having a mafia game devoted to you. But its ok, you can still have some fun here today, but you have a post restriction. You must say more than 5 words in every post you make or you’ll be put back in Leela’s cage and removed from the game. More than 5 words, that’s pretty easy huh? PF never liked post restrictions so he didn’t feel like giving out any really bad ones today. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
13. This is the original version of role. It was altered since it was randomly given to xofelf who is a woman and I think parts of this role may have offended her. The original version is based on a claim I myself made in the Normal Game "Satan Doll Strip Club" that 'OhGodMyLife' ran. I claimed "Obnoxious Drunk" there with these traits as I often tried to cop a feel from the dancing girls and then I throw a fight taking someone out of the club with me. This was a fake claim, I was actually vanilla townie that self hammered for deadline reasons there. the remaining townies ironically caught scum the next day partly because of my claim and everyone's reaction to it, but the person who was scum was not the person I orignally meant to ensnare with my claim:
You are the
Village Idiot
, the flask drinking, brain damaged, perverted strip club patron that often dares to wave his junk at passing traffic. Oh you are quite the annoying little stooge, huh? You can act scummy in order to draw out scum and laugh at those moronic enough to lynch you. Because if you are lynched, whoever dropped the hammer vote will go down too, they will die with you at the end of the day. As a Super Saint you win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
Version xofelf read:
You are the
Village Idiot
, the flask drinking, brain damaged, fool in this game. Oh you are quite the annoying little stooge, huh? You can act scummy in order to draw out scum and laugh at those moronic enough to lynch you. Because if you are lynched, whoever dropped the hammer vote will go down too, they will die with you at the end of the day. As a Super Saint you win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
You are an
Obnoxiously Depressed Emo
. Darken your hair and wear unsightly black, grey, or white and pink clothing. Freak out your parents and scream at those that don’t understand you. You been doing that for quite some time but I won’t allow you to slit your wrists or whine all day any more. You get no mercy this time, there’s only one way you are getting out of this game with a win. As a Reverse Jester you win the game when you are killed at night. If you survive the entire game or are lynched, you loose. Good Luck
15. Somehow whenever I say stuff really quickly after others on aim while at work the time stamp is for me is 12 seconds before what they just said. I don't know why but aim has trouble reading me at least when i am talking to people on aim express like xofelf. I am thus esentially able to read the future and speak there without being in it myself. I also read the russian roulette game I linked with Plum and Forbiddanlight in a different order as well on my work computer for some reason as though i have skipped ahead posts
You are
Déjà vu, The Time Traveler
. You have control over the realms of time and space. Well sort of. You can influence them, though you're kind of unreliable. But you have gotten better. You used to only be able to travel back in time 12 seconds. Then you became able to see things in the future while still being in the past. Being at the height of your power now, you have the ability to skip entire game phases, traveling straight through time.

You have a one shot ability you can use during the game. If you PM me “Use Time Warp” while the game is in Day, the next night phase will be skipped. After the lynch the game will proceed immediately to day without a night happening. If you PM me “Use Time Warp” while the game is in night, the next day phase will be skipped. When the current night is over I will announce any and all players that died that night. The thread will still be locked and another night will immediately start. Your skill can not be blocked or altered by the actions of the other players in this game. The skill can only be used once, and it will only effect the very next game phase, (You can NOT use it during 1 ‘night’ and then expect to be able to use it again during a later ‘day’ phase or vice versa). You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.

16. Was cut from the game since no 18 people.
You are
Fred Flintstone
. You are neighbors with Barney Rubble (BBB). You may talk with them at any time outside of this game if you both are alive. You have no confirmation on whether or not your neighbor is a threat to the town. Hell one of you could just become scum during the game without knowing it because I am just that evil. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
17. Was cut from the game since no 18 people. 3 Mafia in 18 is a bit off and bastardly but the mafia was well powered despite their poor safe claims and with all the non-town roles I figured 16 with only 3 scum would be alright. And I think it was considering 2 among the final 7 were mafia which is often good balance. And had their been no cross kills that situation could have gone worse for town. But don't you worrry I did have extra insurance. I did consider making this neighbor scum from the start in some early designs and I will admit that if these 2 roles and more players were in the game then there is a possibility that scum could have gotten its butt whooped early and lost more of members via cross kills or poor play. So as Insurence had that happened, I would of had this role turn scum during the game without warning. This being a bastard game I would totally be allowed to do that. That's right I had a backup plan to enforce balance should all things go wrong. Its a good thing this plan wasn't needed but whose to say I can't save a little gem like this to help balance a future crazy bastard game. Mu Wa Ha Ha!
You are
Barney Rubble
. You are neighbors with Fred Flintstone (AAA). You may talk with them at any time outside of this game if you both are alive. You have no confirmation on whether or not your neighbor is a threat to the town. Hell one of you could just become scum during the game without knowing it because I am just that evil. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.

You are a
Blind Follower
. You do not know your exact win condition. You only know that it is dependent on QQQ. If QQQ wins the game then you win too. If QQQ looses the game then you loose too. You don't know if QQQ is Mafia, Town, SK, Cult, Survivor or even a Jester. Spend your time during the day trying to figure out what QQQ's goal is. During the night I will allow you to bodyguard QQQ only if you want to. You may not at any point during the game discuss the game with QQQ outside of the game thread. Should you be alive and QQQ become unable to fulfill their win condition, you will revert to being a survivor that wins should they survive the rest of the game. Good luck, you'll need it!
Mod Note: QQQ is the name of the player that gets the Cereal Killer Role
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:51 am, edited 26 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Chart of all night targets and killings

[mrow]Players[col]Night 1 Action[col]Night 2 Action[col]Night 3 Action 01) Jahudo[col]Empking to kill Charter[col]Bean to Kill Fonz[col]Got Warped 02) Plum/forbiddanlight[col]Kill millar13[col]Kill Sensfan[col]died night2 03) Empking[col]Block Bean[col]dead day 2[col]dead day 2 04) Seraphim/ZazieR[col]Sens costs more (changed to caboose)[col]Fonz costs more[col]Got Warped 05) xtoxm[col]dead day1[col]dead day1[col]dead day1 06) Caboose[col]switch with sensfan[col]dead night1[col]dead night1 07) millar13[col]Protect Bean[col]dead night1[col]dead night1 08) Kison[col]Cursed[col]Cursed[col]Got Warped 09) charter[col]kill sirdanilot[col]dead night1[col]dead night1 10) The Fonz[col]Kison watch jahudo (sees no one)[col]Sensfan watch Plum (sees spring)[col]Got Warped 11) Mr. Bean[col]Nothing[col]Nothing[col]Got Warped 12) springlullaby[col]Ripe off Sens Face make him GF (Caboose dies and frame fails)[col]Kill Plum[col]dead day 3 13) xofelf[col]dead day 1[col]dead day 1[col]dead day 1 14) sirdanilot[col]Nothing[col]dead night 1, He Wins![col]dead night 1, He Wins! 15) Kmd4390[col]No Warp[col]No Warp[col]Warps during day 3 (Night 3 Gone) XX) Neighbor Not Found[col]Cut[col]Cut[col]Cut XX) Neighbor Not Found[col]Cut[col]Cut[col]Cut 14) Sensfan[col]No BG on FL[col]No BG on Plum[col]dead night 2
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

Applications of the romani Role I discussed with Ythil earlier today as well as the link to that mafia discussion thread involving romani's and sporadic doctors:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5539
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 08#1438708
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 40#1495940
Fabio the fortune teller probably presents greater effect with a name than a nationality. Both show presence of ythill, so its all good.
Ythill wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I didn't get a reply back and I wanted to make sure we were still cool and you were fine with the role having been in my game, Mr Fabio. :)

Did you like the role and what it could do by chance?
:)

Yeah, I noticed it late last night when I was on my way to bed. I don't see anything offensive about it, though I also wasn't very deeply offended by what you said before.

The role is cool. I haven't evr played in or run a game with a role that can increase the votes needed to lynch. It might be problematic in the games I run because, combined with my deadline rules, it would add to the likliness of no lynch. I didn't get a chance to look at that game very closely yet, what were your deadline rules?
Essentially you showed someone you thought was obv town greater apreciation while anti-voting him. Should Mod anounce these changes like I did, scum now must deal with 'known' issues on quicklynching a player or enjoy being harder to lynch themselves. The Role itself is probably too powerful to give to scum that would obv use it on their buddies. My deadline rules were most at deadline is dead but it never came to that. To make the game more bastardly I should have made it auto no lynch if it was not all gotten by deadline

With auto no lynch in the game that would have made a mafioso that had his fortune told the night before unlynchable in a 4 player end game. Instead of 3 votes to lynch him it would take 4 which would mean the mafioso would have to self vote, and there is no reason to do that if you are about to win. So the role can be very powerful when used correctly with the right rules now that I think about it. You 'practically' get one unlynchable player and if they are scum the game may auto end if there is no way to get them lynched or another day out of it where they won't be unlynchable. Role can also make it harder for scum to quick lynch a townie in lylo should the mod have not anounced of the players increased awarness earlier in the day. Picture a scum group quick hammering and cheering about their victory to all and then they learn OH shit that guy is not lynched, and we just told everyone we are scum! We are fucked!

These applications for the role would make things way too swingy for their own good. It could practically break things for one side or the other so it is actually good I allowed the most votes at deadline = Lynch rule. I didn't think of these applications because of my lynch most voted policy and didn't consider them happening without that rule until the game was already running and I began to wonder what the role user could do in the most extreme of circumstances. The Fortune Teller in our game that had the role used it on obv townie The Fonz and "tried" to use it on the highly townie Sens who was a 3rd party role but he was not a threat to the town like a true SK.
Ythill wrote:
My deadline rules were most at deadline is dead but it never came to that. To make the game more bastardly I should have made it auto no lynch if it was not all gotten by deadline
No-lynch is my standard, which is why I asked. I also do auto-deadlines. In one of my games I think the role would be more powerful but I don't know if it's broken. With most votes lynching at deadline, it seems fine.
You 'practically' get one unlynchable player and if they are scum the game may auto end if there is no way to get them lynched or another day out of it where they won't be unlynchable.
It just means more responsability on that player, still not as likely to make or break the town in the late game as a vig is.
Role can also make it harder for scum to quick lynch a townie in lylo should the mod have not anounced of the players increased awarness earlier in the day. Picture a scum group quick hammering and cheering about their victory to all and then they learn OH shit that guy is not lynched, and we just tole everyone we are scum!
Any scum who hammers and gloats before the mod posts deserves to die. I did it in an endgame once, but only because I knew the other two players were 'nillas.

How did you clue them in? I think I would do so as well but am not sure how I would do it. I do have a special place in my heart for roles that affect the flavor, so maybe a flavor reveal of the player's identity. Putting it there without explanation or link to alignment would sure make for some fun conversation.
Here are the posts were I clued the players in on the Fonz costing more votes to lynch on day 3 and this wearing off on day 4
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 55#1584655
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 11#1585211
I did not say who caused the fonz to have the revelation. The player who had the fortune teller role "Seraphim" claimed to have made The Fonz like that very early into day 3. The target of the action on night 1 (Sensfan) was changed to Caboose by his Heat Vampire role. Since caboose died during that night the players were not told he would cost more votes on day 2 since he was already dead.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

hmm something else interesting I could have done with the game was get rid of the Mail Prostitute's name and give him the Drunken Shieldmage's name instead. The name doesn't really add anything to the flavor of the shield mage; the shield protects them and drunkenness changes how things are percieved.

Meanwhile making the Mail Prostitute a Wraith allows me to give the role a ghostly flavor where it moves the pm from my inbox kinda like how a ghost moves stuff around a haunted house. This sounds a little bit better then having somebody rubing his privates with the mail.

Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Ythill »

Thanks for the honor, PF. This game looks like it was a lot of fun. When I get settled in Portland, I need to play in one of your games.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG

Return to “Completed Marathon Games”