Newbie 871 - Game Over Town Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:15 am

Post by ksen »

Town should never NOT lynch. It is our only way to kill scum and on Day 1 it gets the information ball rolling.

vote: Yarmond
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:47 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:
ksen wrote:Town should never NOT lynch. It is our only way to kill scum and on Day 1 it gets the information ball rolling.
"NEVER", are you sure, or do you just mean never on Day 1? It can be mathmatically advisable to get the information of another night, and lower the probability of a mislynch towards the end. I agree in Day 1 it is stupid, and most of the time it is stupid.
No, I pretty mucb meant "never." If town forgoes a lynch they pretty much give scum a free NK. If town doesn't lynch they will never win the game.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:17 am

Post by ksen »

Incognito wrote:Hi.

First order of business to everyone: please get avatars. They help with being able to determine who said what.
I can't seem to get an avatar to load. I'll have to work on that.
Post 9, ksen wrote:No, I pretty mucb meant "never." If town forgoes a lynch they pretty much give scum a free NK. If town doesn't lynch they will never win the game.
This isn't entirely true; I can certainly think of situations where not lynching is actually beneficial for the Town. Can you or anyone else think of those situations?
Except for not wanting to lynch a Jester (but that's more about not wanting to lynch a particular person) I'm not sure what condition could occur where Town would not want to exercise their lynch.

It's our way of removing scum from the game. What scenario could possibly be in place to make us NOT want to exercise it?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:30 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:What about if there were 4 town and 2 scum, ksen.
How would town know it was in that situation? In the games I've played on other sites the Town doesn't normally know how many scum are in the game.
A No-lynch would mean another NK could definately happen without ending the game. This would then enable any PR to have another night to gain info, it would also improve towns probabilities of correctly lynching the next day, in that day some kind of claim would probably occur a good time to get reads (and if PR claim can be verified gives the only solid info the town will ever get).
I can sort of see where you're coming from, but IMO Town giving up it's only real weapon is not worth the risk.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:06 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:There are two mafia aligned players, it is in the rules at the top of the thread. I am slightly worried you have not read these, and it makes me wonder how much you have read of anything. Scum would take notice of posts, but I am wandering into WIFOM.
I haven't been talking about this specific game in the Lynch/No-Lynch discussion. Yes, the GM has told us there are 2 scum in this game. Is that the normal procedure in this forum?

So you don't need to worry about my reading skills. We have obviously been talking past one another.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:08 am

Post by ksen »

Patrick wrote:
ksen wrote:How would town know it was in that situation? In the games I've played on other sites the Town doesn't normally know how many scum are in the game.
How many scum do you think we have in this game?
Starkmoon in the OP told us there are 2 scum.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:17 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:Based purely on the probabilities there are definately situations where it is worth it, so unless your willing to trust the reads of people you have reads on over mathmatics then I do not really think there is an argument. Town do not lose a lynch, they just postpone the lynch until the probabilities are better and the information is greater, I repeat they do not lose a lynch.
If town doesn't lynch how have they not lost a lynch?

The mathematics also argue to lynch everyday:

Game with a day 1 lynch and 9 players, 2 of which are scum (assuming 1 nk a night):
=========================================
Day 1 chance of getting scum: 22%
Day 2 chance of getting scum: 29%
Day 3 chance of getting scum: 40%

Game with no day 1 lynch with 9 players, 2 of which are scum (assuming 1 nk a night):
=========================================
Day 1 chance of getting scum: 0%
Day 2 chance of getting scum: 25%
Day 3 chance of getting scum: 33%

So it looks to me like as the game progresses your chances of getting a scum in a lynch dramatically increase if you lynch everyday.

And in case it's not clear I'm engaging in a purely hypothetical discussion and not meaning to address anything to do with this game.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:There is always 2 scum in newbie games, I do not mind you not knowing, but it is in the first posts so you should have read it. I am not convinvced we are talking cross purposes.
Where have I ever said I didn't know how many scum were in this particular game?

Since reading the OP I've known how many scum are in this game.

It's apparent you've been engaging in the discussion as if I'm talking about this particular game. When I joined this conversation it to talk about general town strategy in any game, not just this one.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:50 am

Post by ksen »

Where do you see if people are lurking? I don't see anywhere that says who is watching the thread.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:02 am

Post by ksen »

Incognito wrote:
Post 20, ksen wrote:How would town know it was in that situation? In the games I've played on other sites the Town doesn't normally know how many scum are in the game.
If you're claiming that you knew the number of scum in Newbie Games to be 2, why would you
not
be able to tell when we're in the type of situation mentioned by boberz even if games you've played elsewhere didn't allow you to determine this?
Because as I've said quite a few times now I wasn't talking about this specific game when I tried answering boberz's question about no-lynching.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:37 am

Post by ksen »

Ether wrote:Ksen, who's scum?
How am I supposed to know that?

My guess is that at least one of the experienced players (IC or SE) is scum.

Who do you think are scum?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:56 am

Post by ksen »

Patrick wrote:Ksen, can you link to a few games you've played on other sites? Thanks.
Here are some 1st day threads to the last few games I've played. You can look around that forum for others as well:

http://talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=19744

http://talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=19935

http://talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=20068
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:58 am

Post by ksen »

Patrick wrote:ksen, I thought you said you'd played games before? (I'd still like to see them). How do you think we're supposed to find scum? Why do you think at least one experienced player is scum?
I linked some games above for you guys to look at.

I think it's pretty likely one of the more experienced is scum because if I were GM'ing a newbie game I'd want to make sure the scum team had someone experienced to help mentor it too.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:31 am

Post by ksen »

Incognito wrote:
@ksen,
who would you vote for right now if you absolutely had to? Why haven't you voted yet?
I have voted . . . http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 12#1974412

I voted for Yarmond. And right now I am inclined to keep my vote there because of his/her inactivity.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:14 am

Post by ksen »

Ether wrote:Ksen, you got any scum games to link to?
Already did that here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 37#1979037
Post 109, ksen wrote:Who do you think are scum?
You.
Lol, ok, I set myself up for that one.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by ksen »

Ether wrote:
Post 121, ksen wrote:Already did that here:
I mean games in which you were scum.
In this one I was a normal scum goon:

http://talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=16891

In this one I was a Godfather:

http://talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=16322
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:44 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:Any news on Yarmond???
I looked at his profile and it says he's only made two posts. The first on 11/15 to sign up for this game and then another one on 11/16 to sign up for a different game.

I can't tell from his profile when the last time he's been on the site. Is there somewhere else to find out that sort of information?

Where I've played off-site a first day voting strategy would be to vote for an inactive or someone who is not that good of a player or is known to not be that helpful even when town.

Based on that experience I find Yarmond still a good lynch candidate.

Annachie would be my second choice for a lynch. I know RL interferes with Mafia but her post sounded kind of like a "hittin' da club" post which was our way of saying it looked the poster was posting something in order to have an excuse to lay low.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:03 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:I hope that is not true, it sounded truthfull to me and I will asume it is.

I do not like your theory on Yarmond. He is neutral to us all, surely he must be it would appear he is not going to contribute so therefore he will be replaced and we will have to hope that the replacement is more active. We can only have a dead neutral read till then.
Allowing people to fly under the radar is a good way to help town lose. You may not like my reason for keeping my vote on Yarmond due to his inactivity but I think it is good strategy because in my experience scum try to lay as low as possible and all too often town lets them.
We should vote off the most scummy, ie the person we think is most likely to be scum.
And that's what I'm doing with my vote on Yarmond.
Do you truly have a slightly town read off everyone other than Yarmond?
No, and I said as much in the post you responded to. I said I also have a slightly scum feel about Annachie. Why would you ignore that and act as if I hadn't said it?

Now I'm getting a scummy-vibe from you because you seem to consistently miss things I say.
if not then i think you should vote for that person.
Why does it look like you are trying to get me to change my vote from Yarmond?
This would appear to be another theory you and I disagree on, but again I think I am on the side of conventional wisdom.
Maybe you are. The more involved I get over here the more I'm thinking I have a lot to unlearn from playing over at the other site.
Can I ask Patrick ether
and
incog: is bad theory scummy? I do not really think it is but there might be logic i havent heard.

Either way
unvote vote: ksen
(btw this is L-2 I believe, correct me if I am wrong)

He moved from chatting about no lynching, in an unconvincing manner; to not really answering who he thought was scum; to then linking endless games in response to requests; to finally raising concern over annachie's VLA I think fairly unfoundedly. He does all this without doing any scum hunting.
Well, I have answered who I think is most likely to be scum, the links I've provided have been in response to specific requests for such links.

The more I read your posts boberz the more you stand out as scum to me for the constant misrepresentations as you've tried to place suspicion on me.

Normally I don't like to vote for someone who's voted for me because people often read it as revenge-voting which can be a scum-tell. However in this case you leave me no choice but to vote for you because I feel you have continually trying to hang suspicion on me by misdirection and misrepresentation.

unvote, vote boberz
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 am

Post by ksen »

Here are a few of my thoughts:

1) I signed up here to play in order to help make me a better mafia player. I appreciate the insight of the more experienced players especially when it concerns scum-hunting because until this game I've never really had to do it so I'm unsure how one goes about it and what a person is supposed to look for. In the games I've played before, some linked upthread, it was always the same group of people playing against one another so the trick was to try and recognize patterns and figure out who was breaking that pattern. Also people were expected to follow the lead of one or two of the more experienced players and that leads, imo, to leaning on them as a crutch because you don't have to do your own opining on other people because you can just bandwagon on to what the experienced guys want town to do.

I hope that helps explain my perceived lack of saying anything useful over here.

2) Here's a list of the players and my current thoughts about each of them:

herd456:
low to medium level of activity and has been pretty defensive. I am slightly suspicious of him.

boberz:
Very active. In the beginning I read his long and numerous posts as attempting to lead town. I am neutral on him right now but leaning town.

Yarmond:
No activity to date. Normally I'd find that suspicious in and of itself but after reading the other discussion and seeing that he's being prodded I have to leave him as neutral for now.

DarthRandal1138:
Low activity and what activity there has been has been sort of stand-offish if not downright defensive. I'd like to hear what he has to say about Ether's vote on him. I am leaning towards scum on him. Could his aggressive posts be some sort of gambit to throw town off if he really is scum?

Annachie:
Low activity but RL sounds like it is probably affecting his level of play. I hope things settle down for him soon. I was suspicious of him but now I'm more neutral towards him although it did read like he may have been fishing for who the specials were. I'll be watching for more of that.

Ether (SE):
Has been helpful to town and active. I thing Ether is probably town.

Patrick (SE):
Low activity. But what activity he's had seems to have been directed at trying to help town.

Incognito (IC):
High level of activity and has been actively involved in scumhunting. I think Incognito is most likely town.

I am going to
unvote: boberz

I am most suspicious right now of Herd, Darth, and Annachie.

vote: DarthRandal1138
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:13 am

Post by ksen »

@boberz
- Yes, I am following the lead of the more experienced players in this case. And since the majority of them have basically cleared you as being town then it makes sense not to waste a vote on you. I think I may have had some tunnelvision on you because of how the day started and your continued focus on me.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:32 am

Post by ksen »

@Patrick
: It was just an impression I had. I went back through the thread and counted posts. You have 16 posts to herd's 10 posts as of the post I'm responding to. I guess I was thrown off by the amount of talk directed about herd rather than about you.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by ksen »

Ether wrote:Totally off-topic: what do you mean, "expected?" Didn't they try to get you to do your own thing at least early on so they could read you?
The experienced players would post their thoughts. When inexperienced players posted theirs instead of reasoning with the more inexperienced players about why their logic was off invectives like "retard" were hurled about. It's pretty frustrating as someone who is trying to learn the game especially the parts about scumhunting and what makes a particular more scummy than a different action.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:20 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:Anyway ksen you say i tried to lead town. What do you meant?
I already said why but I'll go ahead and recap. In the begininning of the game you posted quite a bit and seemed to me to be trying to lead the conversation. I read this as an attempt to lead town.

Could I be mistaken? Sure. But how I read it in the begininning is how I read it.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by ksen »

@Annachie
: I hope things are settling down for you at home. Ok, down to business. Have you had a chance to remember the questions you wanted to ask? I'm interested in seeing what they are.

You also don't have a vote on anyone as of Starkmoon's last count. Who are you leaning to cast your vote on?

@Everyone else
: Is there anything that can or should be read into Darth seeking a replacement?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:55 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:Anything to be read into darths replacement? i have at least one thing i dont want to share.
Why would you want to withhold information from town? That seems a scummy move to me but then actually saying you are doing it lowers its scumminess a bit.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by ksen »

Patrick wrote:That's not the first case of someone doing that. To take a recent example, did it bother you when Incognito and Ether both preferred not to answer boberz's question?
Some, but I don't read that in the same class as saying you have information but aren't willing to share it now with town.

Town lives and dies based on the amount of information it gets, correct?

But like I said the scumminess of the move is mitigated some by boberz actually coming out and saying what he's doing.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by ksen »

Annachie wrote:Eventually found it. It was there for 6 posts.

Ok, lets make this more general then, with 9 players in the game, and 3 voteing on one person, What chance do people think that there is at least one scum in on the vote.
The raw probability is the same as any three players being scum, 58%, but this isn't probabliity, this is game play/psychology.
Isn't third on a bandwagon considered a scum tell?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:17 am

Post by ksen »

Welcome to the game RayFrost and Tyrope!
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by ksen »

starkmoon wrote:
Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 5

Annachie
- 1 - herd456 - (L-4)
boberz
- 1 - Incognito - (L-4)
herd456
- 1 - Patrick - (L-4)
ksen
- 1 - boberz - (L-4)

Players not voting: Annachie, Ether, ksen, RayFrost, Tyrope

Will prod herd.
My vote was on Darth. Shouldn't it have transferred over to his replacement?

vote: RayFrost
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #29) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:19 am

Post by ksen »

Incognito wrote:
@ksen:
Got anything else to comment on?
Not really. I'm satisfied with my vote on Darth/RayFrost. The only people I could see possibly switching my vote to at this point is either Herd or Annachie.

Right now it just seems like we are spinning our wheels until the day is over.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:15 am

Post by ksen »

@Patrick: If you don't like anything Ray has posted thus far what more do you need on record from him? Darth was posting scummy and his replacement has thus far not done anything to remove that scummy feeling.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:16 am

Post by ksen »

RayFrost wrote:currently suspicious of boberz
Ray, would you elaborate why you are suspicious of boberz?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:43 am

Post by ksen »

Yarmond should be changed to Tyrope I believe. [/nitpick]
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:32 am

Post by ksen »

starkmoon wrote:Don't start ksen! You saw what happened when I changed one person's name :-p
Aye! Aye! ;^)
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:52 am

Post by ksen »

Well, in about 2 hours it'll be 48 hours since Ray posted last, unless I missed a post.

Ray . . . do you have anything to add to the game?

@boberz - Dude, you've tunnelvisioned onto me ever since our talk about no-lynch on the first couple of pages. Isn't it about time grab onto something else?

What's your read on RayFrost/Darth?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #35) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:28 am

Post by ksen »

FWIW it was a good trick because I didn't even notice the unvote until Yankee pointed it out.

--------------
BTW, welcome to the game Yankee . . . are you scum?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #36) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:47 am

Post by ksen »

We have three days to go until the end of day one.

How close are we to agreeing on a lynch?

Would everyone please list the people they are willing to vote to lynch today along with your reasoning?

I'll go first:
==================
1)
Darth/RayFrost
- Reason for being #1 on my list is that Darth was acting very scummy as stated earlier in the thread and RayFrost has not worked to alleviate that read and in fact has only made feel more secure that he is scum based on his evasiveness and his lack of being here.

2)
herd
- I don't like how herd just dropped out of the game while he was under pressure. It's possible something did come up but the whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.

3)
Annachie
- His vote putting Ray in position to be hammered or self-hammered could be seen as setting up a defense for later if Ray turns out to be scum.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #37) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 am

Post by ksen »

Ether wrote:I'm pretty much ready when the rest of you are. I don't particularly care whether Yankee reads or not at this point.

Ksen's top three is the same as mine (in that order), but RayFrost is the only person I am willing to lynch today.
Let me clarify my post just a little bit.

When I said "lynch today" by today I meant game day "today" not today 12/7/09.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:50 am

Post by ksen »

I am still suspicious of herd.

Incog and Annachie seemed to be tangling by the end of day 1 but I'm not sure if that's something that needs reading into.

So right now I have as who I think is scum:

1) herd/concerned (welcome to the game btw)
2) annachie

I'm neutral on:

3) tyrope

I'm pretty confident as town:

4) boberz
5) Ether
6) patrick
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 am

Post by ksen »

@Ether: I can see open feuding between scum happening as a way to disguise being scum-buddies. I mean they'll vote to lynch each other if it furthers scum causes I don't see why open feuding necessarily clears one or both of them.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:15 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:a cross post there with us both suspicious of annachie and safer on each other, it is rare we agree this much ksen.
@boberz: Hahaha, yeah, we haven't agreed on too much this game. ;)

@Annachie: What do you still find odd about boberz's #410? I thought it was pretty self-explanatory.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by ksen »

I'll try to post more tomorrow but my thought tonight is that isn't it a bit quick to have someone at L-2 at this stage of Day 2?

@boberz: Hope your successful at getting the rest you need.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #42) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:56 am

Post by ksen »

@Annachie: Why do you keep trying to push some suspicion onto boberz as in your #481? The way you end that post seems scummy to me.

Then in your #487 it reads to me as if you are trying to stop town from gleaning what information they can from the NK. IMO town should be going through every bit of information with a fine tooth comb and an NK is information directly from the scum team.

As I said in my first post of Day 2 I most suspicious of Herd/Yankee and you. I don't want to put Yankee at L-1 for fear of a hammer vote. Therefore I think you need some pressure put on you.

vote Annachie
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #43) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:12 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:I need to sit down with my notebook and i think i can get this game, as i said earlier i will try tommorow.
Any luck sitting down with your notebook yet boberz?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #44) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:21 am

Post by ksen »

@Annachie: In your posts #501 and #508 you are FoSing and clearing boberz all within the space of a few words. Those posts read as more of a distraction then actually trying to figure anything out.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #45) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by ksen »

Annachie wrote:
Yankee wrote:Annachie Reasons -

Pushing for my lynch with little to no evidence,
No given reason is different from no evidence.

I will spill it all in a couple of days.
Why wait? If you have information that would cause town to view Yankee as scum you ought to spill it. What is going to happen over a couple of days that would make it more appropriate to wait to tell town your suspicions?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 am

Post by ksen »

Tyrope wrote:whoa... did Annachie just slip up there? he basicly said "I'm scum, go ahead and kill me"
No, I can't believe someone would slip up that badly.

It reads to me as if he's saying if lynching him will move us closer to getting the scum team than lynch me and get on with finding the scum players.

To me that was the pretty obvious read so I'm not sure how to read your ZOMG! post.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:11 am

Post by ksen »

Patrick wrote:ksen, what's your read on Tyrope?
Like I said in #564 his OMGUS or whatever you want to call it was pretty suspicious to me. I'm willing to switch my vote from Annachie to Tyrope but I think that'd be a lynch with boberz's vote on him and I don't want to end the day prematurely.

@mod
-- can we get a vote count? thx
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #48) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:22 am

Post by ksen »

I am probably not going to have much time to be on this site between now and Monday, 12/28. But I'll still do what I can to look in at least once a day.

I still have Annachie, Tyrope, and Yankee as most likely scum suspects with Annachie dropping a little and Tyrope rising. I'm willing to vote for any of those 3.

boberz is still town, Patrick is still town in my view.

I was pretty positive Ether was town and I still lean heavily that way but I would really like to see her break her silence. The longer she stays quiet the more suspicious I get. Unless I missed something her last post, #543, was 5 days ago.

@mod:
Is it time for a prod to Ether?

@Everyone else:
After rereading the exchange between Annachie and Tyrope in posts #560 and #561 is it possible that was a bit of bussing on Tyrope's part in order to make himself look townier at the expense of his partner, if they are partners?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:42 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:I think there is value in what we think the night kills would be now. So if annachie is the sole remaining scum I think patrick will be targeted. He and I are safest, but he is better at scum hunting he is obvious one to go.
If Ether were active at all I'd think she'd be the obvious NK target of scum. Although at this point I think you'd be their biggest target since you are by far the most active player and are good at pushing people.

@Mod
: Prod. ;)
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #50) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:15 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:ksen yankee, out of you two, who would rather swap their vote. Even if patrick and I get on the same wagon it needs another. I do not fancy getting a replacement for ether and then have people requesting extra time to read etc.
Reading thread . . . I am fine with either an Annachie or a Tyrope lynch.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:21 am

Post by ksen »

NM, looks like the hammer has already been put down on Tyrope.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #52) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:09 am

Post by ksen »

starkmoon wrote:Ether has responded to prods over AIM.
Shouldn't Ether be responding in the thread? I'd love to have some sort of explanation for basically having a no-show during the last day. From my experience that is very scummy behavior especially from someone who is supposed to be helping us learn the game.

Right now the only people I feel good about are boberz and myself.

Here are my reads in order of scumminess:

Annachie
Ether
Yankee
Patrick
boberz

With 6 remaining players and 2 scum left is this when we start seriously considering having a no-lynch day?

Rightnow I am going to
vote Annachie
because he is still my strongest scum read. That may change though once Ether decides to re-enter the game pending what she has to say.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:16 am

Post by ksen »

boberz, why has Yankee fallen off your scum list?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:26 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:That being said, help me out ksen. Do we have a roleblocker in this game?
Given this post about the potential makeup of the game the only way I'd know for sure at this point in the game was if I were scum or the cop.

And needless to say I wouldn't be raising my hand to claim either of those roles right now.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:55 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:You wouldn't definately know if you were cop. Do you think that a no kill in the night didnt occur. The only person that could know that is scum. Have I caught you out?
No, you didn't just "catch me out."

The probability that the scum team put in a no-kill is so remote to me as to be not even worth considering.

What possible benefit would the scum team have in not putting in a NK last night?

And if I were the cop I'd be pretty damn sure at this point in the game given the possible makeups of the game given to us by the mod. If there is a doc
and
a cop then there is a roleblocker.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #56) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:30 am

Post by ksen »

I say it is remote in my experience because I've never seen or been part of a scum team that has passed on putting in a NK. Therefore, as I said, the possibility is so remote
to me
as to be not even worth considering.

boberz, with two scum left do you really want the doc outing him/herself at this point? (BTW, that's not a subtle claim of doc by me)
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:07 am

Post by ksen »

Until we get Ether's input I still think claiming right now is a very bad idea.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #58) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:Why?
1) If there's a cop and he's only had 1 good view then outing right now may not be particularly helpful. If he's had 2 good views then the case for outing today increases. If a person he's viewed as town is about to get lynched then I think he needs to speak up and stop it. If he's viewed a scum then they need to out right now.

2) If there is a doc then I think he does not out since there are still two scum left which means there will definitely be at least one more round of night action. If the doc had a successful defend then I can see outing later if the person he defended is about to get lynched.

Either way I think it would be best to wait to hear from Ether before there is a mass claim. The day just started so we have plenty of time to claim if we have to.

The rush to have a mass claim this early in the day doesn't sit right with me.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #59) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 am

Post by ksen »

I really hate doing this this early. But it's clear boberz isn't going to let it drop.

I'm the cop.

As I said in the beginning on day 1 it wouldn't surprise me if one of the SE's or the IC was a member of the scum team so that the scum player would have someone to get advice from as well.

With that in mind:

Night 1 I viewed Incog who, obviously was town.

On Night 2 I moved away from that thinking and decided to check one of the two remaining players who seemed scummiest at the time, Yankee. He came up town.

I almost viewed Ether and now that I hear she is being replaced I wish I had gone through with it.

Those are my views. I don't expect to live through the night unless there's a doc (which I suspect there is) and he/she decides to protect me.

Did I mention I really hated outing this early?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #60) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:58 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:by the way did anyone else pick up on what i was thinking yesterday in terms of a potential cop and check?
I didn't. Subtelty isn't my strong point . . . ask my wife.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #61) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:03 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:You were told that they are picked randomly, why did you pick incog???
I'm assuming this is rhetorical since I said why I did it when I claimed.
You shouldnt hate being outed this early, it is clear that a cop claim was the best thing to happen.
If I had views of two people still alive I wouldn't have been as hesitant to out. If I had a view of a scum player I would have outed with my first post of the day.
Did you try to tell us who you were gonna check before the night time on either night, if so where.
No, cause I suck at dropping hints. I drop hints like anvils, everybody tends to notice it.
If you are right, who are the most likely scum out of annachie ether patrick and me i suppose.
Even though you've really upped the aggression level today I'm still pretty confident you are town.

The most likely pairing in my mind for those who are left are either Annachie and Patrick or Annachie and Ether. Since Annachie is the common denominator in my potential pairings that is who I am voting for.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:Not Patrick and Ether?
Possible, but I was giving my strongest feels.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #63) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:39 am

Post by ksen »

Annachie wrote:After reading the first few posts for D3, I'm leaning towards Ksen claim being false.
Not surprising since I voted for you yesterday and am still voting for you today.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #64) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:42 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:i dont understand if ksen is the cop why yankee wasnt his least scummy at the beginning of today.

ksen if you unclaim now, and tell me why you fake claimed i can believe you, I thought about doing that myself. You need to tell me why quickly though.
I didn't have him as my least scummy because I wanted to see if anyone would still press to vote for him.

See? I told you subtelty wasn't my strong point.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (isolation #65) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:3/ Why does the fact you are voting for annachie mean he doesnt have a right to dismiss your claim.
I never said Annachie doesn't have a right to dismiss my claim. I said I'm not surprised he did it.

As for the other questions I've already answered them. You don't like them too bad. My answers and reasons are what they are. If they are bad reasons, well, I guess that's why I'm in a
game.

Lynching me or someone else not scum will lose town the game. Annachie has been reading as scum since day 1. Therefore my vote will stay on him.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:10 am

Post by ksen »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:Hi guys, I think i'm replacing ether.
Good, then can you let boberz know you aren't the cop?

btw, welcome to the game. :)
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:12 am

Post by ksen »

@boberz, ether isn't the cop. I am. When Evilgorrilaz verifies that he's not the cop I'd like to hear your revised theory.

Links to posts would be nice too.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 am

Post by ksen »

Yankee wrote:Yeah, but right now if we do a no lynch then one of the key players may be taken out and then ALL of the town players must agree on who to lynch tomorrow. At least now we have a 1 player margin for error. Also I am against it because I feel I will be the one to die during the night, lol. Since I seem to be everyones least suspect...
Cop would get NK'ed before vanilla townie.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:Nobody here thinks your the cop ksen. Evil please claim, dont listen to him annachie was the most scummy spot to most of us.
Your attempt at exerting dictatorial like control of the game is a bit distressing.

Your rather large post here shows that you really have no idea what is going on with the game.

I AM the cop and I'll keep saying it as long you keep trying to say I'm not. Evilgorrilaz/Ether is not the cop. What is going to happen to your theory when that comes out?

You are seriously looking scummier and scummier to me especially after you pushed so hard to get specials to out prematurely.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 am

Post by ksen »

Oh, and welcome to the game Zorblag. ;)
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (isolation #71) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by ksen »

Unless we are 100% sure that the person we lynch is scum then no-lynch today is the best option.

We pick wrong today, we lose. We no-lynch today we get one more chance to get a scum tomorrow and lengthen the game and increase our chances to win.

unvote
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (isolation #72) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:12 am

Post by ksen »

So . . . how does a no-lynch work? Do we actually vote "no-lynch" or do we do nothing and let the deadline for the day expire with no action?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (isolation #73) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:11 am

Post by ksen »

vote no lynch

Unless something changes between now and deadline.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #74) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by ksen »

Responding to prod.

Is the plan to go forward with a no lynch?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #75) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:24 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:My plan is to kill you.
No big surprise, that's been your plan since day 1. :shock:
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (isolation #76) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:00 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:I wish I had stuck to my guns then, we would be winning now.
Actually town would be in the same hole we're currently in. :shrug:
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #77) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 am

Post by ksen »

@mod: Results of prod? Anymore replacements coming online?
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (isolation #78) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:49 am

Post by ksen »

boberz, if you and I end up being the last original players left in the game I am arbitrarily calling us the winners.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (isolation #79) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 am

Post by ksen »

Posting to avoid a prod
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #80) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 am

Post by ksen »

Patrick wrote:ksen, result?
I was blocked.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (isolation #81) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by ksen »

Zorblag wrote:@Ksen, who did you investigate and why? Why not say who it was you investigated when you said you were blocked?
I put in a view of you because Annachie was one of my top suspects going into last night.

I just answered the question asked because just as I was reading the thread this morning by boss came in needing me to work on an urgent project so I didn't have much time to elaborate.

In fact this is the first chance I've really had to look back in.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (isolation #82) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:54 am

Post by ksen »

McGriddle wrote:Okay, so basically the person previous to me claimed cop? Is that right?
No, that is not right. The speculation right now is that boberz was convinced that Ether/evilgorrilaz/you was the cop. No one has claimed cop except for me.
and he was supposed to investigate a specific somebody? is that the situation at hand? if so I have a bold prediction, or fact really.
No, that's not the situation at hand. No one suggested a name for me to investigate.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (isolation #83) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:18 am

Post by ksen »

Zorblag wrote:Ksen is still scum. He'd be dead and we'd have lost by now if he wasn't.
I don't understand your reason for saying this. Why would I be dead now if I wasn't scum?

Are you talking about me not being NK'ed last night? Why should scum NK me when they know town already thinks I'm scum and is ready to mislynch me? All they need to do is sit back and let the rest of town win the game for them.

Right now I'm only sure about 2 people, myself and Yankee. Normally I wouldn't mind dying if it helped advance a town win. However now we can't afford a mislynch.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (isolation #84) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:31 am

Post by ksen »

Oh for cryin' out loud, are we going to finish this game?

We need interaction people.

Just lynch me and get the game over with already. I'd like to be able to play in others before I die.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (isolation #85) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:34 am

Post by ksen »

Here's some interaction . . . I got me and Yankee as town. That leaves Zorblag, McGriddle, and Patrick as possible scum.

vote zorblag

I don't like how Ether just dropped out of the game and how each of her replacements have tended to fall off the map.

Zorblag has made a good show with the posts he's had but I feel they have been attempts at damage control.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (isolation #86) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:14 am

Post by ksen »

McGriddle wrote:well hopefully ksen is scum and a ksen lynch revives the game.
Unfortunately my lynch will end the game for town.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (isolation #87) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:20 am

Post by ksen »

Good job town.

This was a fun game and I enjoyed playing with everyone.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (isolation #88) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:28 am

Post by ksen »

Would an experienced player mind giving me a quick critique?

Thanks.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”