Getting someone modkilled

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Getting someone modkilled

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:36 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

In this game, where I was the Mafia Godfather, I noticed that a player was overly emotional and taking things too seriously. I managed to get him modkilled by provocation.

I thought it was awesome, brilliant play - but many players (including the mod and people from my own alignment) frowned upon this.

What are your opinions on this tactic?
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

That wasn't the only player SC was violating Rule #1 against, either...
I acted unnecessarily abrasive towards other players to make it seem like I was a hostile person. I kinda liked it so I just kept it up in that thread now the game has ended (+ I have low tolerance against women who feel the need to end all of their posts with 'regardz, jazz' or likewise).

I did not receive warnings from the mod, so I figured I was within the lines. I expected TQO to crack and burst out in rage but I did not expect to get replaced myself, I thought my snide remarks were just below the radar.

I think all of you take 'play to win' a bit too lightly.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Maemuki wrote:
I kinda liked it
*headdesk*
I did not receive warnings from the mod, so I figured I was within the lines. I expected TQO to crack and burst out in rage but I did not expect to get replaced myself, I thought my snide remarks were just below the radar.
Wow, you're really a jerk. You're a jerk that does that on purpose. That's even worse. Why do you do things that annoy other people? TO WIN?
I think all of you take 'play to win' a bit too lightly.
I think that you take "play for fun" way. TOO. LIGHTLY. Why the hell do you play mafia, anyway? To win? Do you play a thing that fun to win?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:04 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Maemuki wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:Image
Do you have any answers? No? Thank you for proving my point.
I do have answers, it is just that I find it hard to take you seriously because of your tonality combined with your gender. [/misogyny]
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

ROFL at this topic. I brought it to this subforum to get opinions on it to see if it is generally morally accepted, if it was not I'd surely change it (don't know where you people get the idea that I wouldn't, I didn't bring it to this subforum for no reason you know :roll: ) - I expressed my opinions on the matter at hand, went to bed and when I woke up I saw 5 pages of grossly bullshit that I got bukkaked with.

Loving all the blacklistings btw, basically this summarizes it:

And if you can't handle some misogyny posted in jest (it's not like I'm 'obvious sexist' as some have misinterpreted :roll: ) I wonder what you are doing on the internet.

In that game TQO exhibited certain obvious personality traits which can be very detrimental to whatever alignment he's on. I'm a psychiatrist (and in 1.5 years, hopefully a lawyer as well) so it is fairly easy for me to identify these traits and make use of them to increase my chances of winning. Apparently, all of you feel the need to protect the 'weaker' persons on this site and act as parents. IMO they don't need to be protected, but fine, whatever, if that's a common ethical rule I will no longer probe emotionally unstable players (who shouldn't be here to begin with, it is like taking a 4yo to a knife museum - it is possible for the kid to walk around without getting hurt through intensive protection, but it shouldn't be there in the first place).
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:41 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Also I missed this:
tbm wrote:It wasn't for lulz, he did it as it gave his side a free kill. The person he did it to has been modkilled in 3 games and replaced out of 2 games in their six games, it was clearly a targeted deliberate move.
This. I did not want to mentally hurt TQO in any way, I have nothing against him and I'm sure he is a pretty cool guy that don't afraid of anything in real life, but I noticed that he reacted to certain things like this and it seemed to contribute to my win condition to try and get him modkilled.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:47 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Also, @TQO:
TQO wrote:If I normally feel I can't take the heat and start getting offended then I replace out when I can.
This was also why I quickly taunted you with 'please replace out' 'you should replace' blahblah, because you disliked me in that game you will automatically try to do the opposite. I did that so that I could push you towards being modkilled without you replacing out due to pressure, so it was not entirely your fault that you let yourself get modkilled before replacing out ;) don't feel too bad.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:22 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Thok wrote:To SIR CYANIDE, if I am ever in a game with you, and you ever insult anybody, I'm going to lynch you for meta reasons. Not because I dislike you, but because you have convinced me that an insult from you is a strong scum tell.
Then you might end up being very wrong.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:24 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

iamausername wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:ROFL at this topic. I brought it to this subforum to get opinions on it to see if it is generally morally accepted, if it was not I'd surely change it (don't know where you people get the idea that I wouldn't, I didn't bring it to this subforum for no reason you know :roll: ) - I expressed my opinions on the matter at hand, went to bed and when I woke up I saw 5 pages of grossly bullshit that I got bukkaked with.

Loving all the blacklistings btw, basically this summarizes it:

http://i41.tinypic.com/15grwp2.jpg

And if you can't handle some misogyny posted in jest (it's not like I'm 'obvious sexist' as some have misinterpreted :roll: ) I wonder what you are doing on the internet.

In that game TQO exhibited certain obvious personality traits which can be very detrimental to whatever alignment he's on. I'm a psychiatrist (and in 1.5 years, hopefully a lawyer as well) so it is fairly easy for me to identify these traits and make use of them to increase my chances of winning. Apparently, all of you feel the need to protect the 'weaker' persons on this site and act as parents. IMO they don't need to be protected, but fine, whatever, if that's a common ethical rule I will no longer probe emotionally unstable players (who shouldn't be here to begin with, it is like taking a 4yo to a knife museum - it is possible for the kid to walk around without getting hurt through intensive protection, but it shouldn't be there in the first place).
:lol:

Regardz,
_.-
*^?
SIR CYANIDE
?^*
-._
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:37 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Thok wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Thok wrote:To SIR CYANIDE, if I am ever in a game with you, and you ever insult anybody, I'm going to lynch you for meta reasons. Not because I dislike you, but because you have convinced me that an insult from you is a strong scum tell.
Then you might end up being very wrong.
I'm willing to take that risk.

Edit: To be more specific, you haven't shown me in the games that I've read that you are particularly good at scum-hunting, certainly not enough that I'd want to deal with the distraction your insults would cause.

You have shown me that you are good at using insults and distractions to avid being lynched when you are scum.
You have not read my first game or you are unable to see the scumhunting in that game.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:47 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I'm
skeptical
impressed by your rapid progression through medical and law school.
That's ok. I don't see why it is relevant though, it is the first time I mention it on this site.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:58 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Thok wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:You have not read my first game or you are unable to see the scumhunting in that game.
Fair enough. But even having read that game, it's clear to me that a meta policy forcing you not to insult anybody mostly wouldn't change the way you played Newbie 886, but it will dramatically change how you play as scum.

Given that it weakens your ability as scum and doesn't affect your play as town, when I am town in a game with you it is in my interest to pursue that policy.
I don't have any issues with how you reached the conclusion that I have been more abrasive and less logical in my Scum games, I take issue with you thinking that it is a valid method for determining my alignment in future games.

What if I decide to be extra polite in a hypothetical next game we will play, with you town? Will you say I do it on purpose? Will we have WIFOM-wars?

If I had 30+ games and you could spot this trend then yes, by all means. This is like flipping a coin 2x with your left hand and 2x with your right hand and drawing a conclusion about the likeliness that it turns out tails/heads when flipped with one particular hand.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:19 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:40 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Oh Sir keeps thinking he won the game is most laughable. Being replaced in a game doesn't mean you won.
It does to me, so point void.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:58 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

SpyreX wrote:Wait a second.

I thought part of the :roll: was the fact that people weren't "playing to win" in the sense of using everything within their power
within the rules
to win the game.

So, if the rules state that being replaced forfeits the win and yet, somehow, you "still won" wouldn't that mean you weren't "playing to win the game" but instead "playing to fufill an arbitrary objective?"

Which oddly enough parallels the "arbitrary objective" everyone has that you've taken umbrage to of having a fun game?
If you are replaced you either win/lose the game with your previous faction or nothing happens (as you're replaced).

Seeing as what I did contributed to my win condition when I was still in the game it is in my opinion a good play.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@TBM: I have already shown why all the blacklisting occurred:

This and only this is the reason for the mass blacklisting.

Also, I agree with Ythill.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

shaft.ed wrote:If only there were some psychiatrist jargon that would better explain this blacklisting behavior.
Peer pressure? Albeit not very jargon'ish :lol:
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Pomegranate wrote:I am one of the people who backlisted SC. And though I did not read the entire game in question, I read the posts that TQO was modkilled for, and I read the posts SC made, goading him along (it's on page 22 IIRC). And I would never want to have him play in one of my game-
seeing what he's done and that he considers it fine, I wouldn't want to risk having something like that happen in my game.
Personally, I don't think that I'd be comfortable playing with SC, so why should someone not join my game because he has? Or join, but feel worried of something similar occuring?

Also, I've played with TQO before. And he didn't seem particularly emotional. Yeah.
And people wonder why I am jokingly-misogynistic? This 'logic' is only found in women.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:42 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

In lieu of the bad racist jokes: why are most anti-psychotica drugs white?

Because they work.

---

Anyway, I don't see why this topic should be closed. I think it is an interesting discussion about blacklisting and the reasons behind it. I think personal bias in blacklisting is something that should not occur, blacklisting should be limited to players displaying malicious game behavior (to be defined by a set of rules) in one of
your own
games. Wickedejstr acted to his own insights and I find you people questioning his modding very disrespectful Image if I did something like this in one of your own games then by all means blacklist me, but I don't think this kind of blacklisting should be allowed.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:48 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

No. You don't get to destroy one of each mod's games before they are allowed to blacklist you. This is a social game, with social constructs and social rules to allow it to be played fairly in an online setting.
Destroying? If someone states that kind of behavior is not allowed I obviously won't do it.
We're only B-listing you because what you did in that game is very bad, regardless of either alignment,
and we don't want that kind of shit happening in our games
Then do not allow it and there won't be any problems?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:10 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Mith and I have already exchanged PMs.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”