Newbie 994: Stop! In the Name of Sudo! Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Newbie 994: Stop! In the Name of Sudo! Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And also the law, because there's been a murder in this town, and the only way it's going to be resolved is with vigilante mob justice!

Deadline is September 13!

Alive:
tanstalas
seth

Beanman
Hollyquin

Applefarmer
maxmatsu

Debonair Danny DiPietro (IC)

(IC means Inexperience Challenged, SE means Semi-Experienced, and names in bold means they have confirmed.)

Dead:
warriormode
Townie
, Lynched Day One.
dimaba (SE)
Townie
, Killed Night One.
DavidParker
needle
Mafia Goon
, Lynched Day Two.
theperson (SE)
Cop
, Killed Night Two.
SnakePlissken
Volo
iamatree
Mafia Goon
, Lynched Day Three.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 14 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Rules post:
1. First and foremost, this is a game, and that means everyone is supposed to have fun.
2. Days last for three weeks, or until a majority vote for a lynch has been reached. Votes must be bolded- e.g.
Vote: Sudo_Nym
Luckily, this is now automatic, using vote tags.
3. For ease of bookkeepping, please unvote (e.g.
Unvote
) before changing your vote to somebody else. It isn't absolutely required, but is much appreciated.
4. If no majority is reached within the three week time limit, then it goes down as a no lynch, so I suggest you be active.
5. I reserve the right to shorten the deadline to encourage activity, as necessary, or to extend the deadline under special circumstances, but don't expect it to happen.
6. The mafia gets to kill one person every night. I don't care who submits the kill to me, so long as the mafia agrees.
7. The mafia is allowed to talk to each other at night via PMs. They may not talk during the day, and if you aren't mafia, then you don't get to PM the other players at all. This is a serious rules violation; you are not allowed to talk about this game outside of this thread while the game is ongoing, and you are not allowed to talk about other ongoing games in this thread, and both are punishable by modkill.
8. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I am so not kidding.
9. I will prod you after 48 hours with no activity, and start looking for replacements after 72 hours. If you know you'll be away, though, let me know, and we'll work something out.
10. I post in
Red
. This is my color, for posting important mod stuff. Don't use red. You can have any other color, if black isn't good enough for you.
11. You may not discuss this game outside of this thread until it is complete.
12. You may think you've found a way around my rules, but trust me, you haven't. Loopholes are punishable by death.
13. I am always right, but if you think I'm not, send me a PM, and I'll point out where you were mistaken.
14. The mod is your friend, and will help when necessary, though I can't discuss game specifics. You also have an IC, who is here to give in-game help. Note, however, that this doesn't guarantee that they're townies; their alignment is randomly assigned as well.
15. Using encryption schemes, small or invisible text, or similar to try and break the game is forbidden. Remember that you're here to learn, and breaking strategies don't help that.
16. Remember, you agreed to a code of honor when you joined the site.

I know that seems like a lot of rules, but most of them should never come up, if we all play nice.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

This game is under the F11 setup, which is now the standard for newbie games on the site, and was adopted to prevent game-breaking. It will feature one of the following formats, randomly selected:

- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, vs. 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker vs. 7 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies.

Note that, under the first two setups, if the goon dies, the roleblocker will still be allowed to kill in addition to roleblocking, and may select different targets for his abilities.

The following are copies of the role pms that may be sent out during this game, with the names excluded, natch:
Townie
- You are a member of the town, out to root out the mafia and defend your town. You don't have any special powers, beyond your ability to think, reason, and vote. You win when the mafia is dead.
Cop
- You are a sworn police officer, and defender of the town. Each night, you may investigate a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate, and I will tell you if that player is town or mafia. You may only do this once each night, though, so choose wisely. You win when the mafia is dead.
Doctor
- You are a trained medical professional, and defender of the town. Each night, you may protect a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to protect; if that player would be killed during the night, that kill is cancelled and the player will continue to live. You may only protect one player every night, and this protect continues only for that night. You may not protect yourself. You win when the mafia is dead.
Mafia
- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner is crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the Mafia wants to wack, and that player shall snuff it.
Mafia Roleblocker
- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner in crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the mafia wants to wak, and that player shall snuff it. You also have the power to roleblock another player- PM me the name of the player you want to block, and if that player has a night power, they will be blocked from using it that night.
Admittedly, I may have overdone it on the flavor, so if you have any questions about your actual abilities, feel free to ask me via PM or your IC in thread, and one of us will be sure to clarify.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

By my count, that leaves seth and needle. If they don't confirm in the next day, I'll search out replacements.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

The gang is all here, so now the game begins! With nine alive, it's five to lynch, and the deadline is August 25! Bonne Chance!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

A round of prods have gone out; let's get this game going!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Beanman replaces Hollyquin, effective immediately.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Applefarmer replaces maxmatsu, effective immediately.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

warriormode L-4: Debonair Danny DiPietro
needle L-4: seth
seth L-3: warriormode, Applefarmer
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

seth L-3: Applefarmer, iamatree
needle L-4: seth
iamatree L-4: dimaba
Debonair Danny DiPietro L-4: warriormode
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

iamatree L-3: dimaba, theperson
seth L-4: iamatree
Debonair Danny DiPietro L-4: warriormode
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

DavidParker replaces needle, effective immediately.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #126 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

iamatree L-3: dimaba, theperson
Debonair Danny DiPietro L-3: warriormode, DavidParker
DavidParker L-3: Debonair Danny DiPietro, Applefarmer
seth L-4: iamatree

Remember, deadline is only a week away!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #130 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Volo replaces iamatree, effective immediately
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #141 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'll be V/LA this weekend for Scumstorm, as a heads-up. I should be able to keep an eye on this thread, but Yaw will be backing me up, just in case I can't.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:07 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Confirming what Yaw said, and locking the topic. This is the first time I've been able to get access this weekend, but I should be back to regular mod duties before night ends. So, a big thank you to Yaw for helping out is in order, I think. And with that, PM away.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Day rises, and in addition to the regular mod taking over,
dimaba
(
Townie
) was killed. That makes it day two, now, so start killing people!

Deadline is September 13, and with 7 alive, it takes four votes to lynch.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #172 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

tanstalas replaces seth, effective immediately
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #195 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I would, except I just reopened the thread from night; I'd like to give them at least a day to notice that it's day.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #203 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

Applefarmer L-2: tanstalas, DavidParker
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #225 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

DavidParker L-0: theperson, Debonair Danny DiPietro, tanstalas, DavidParker

With four votes, DavidParker has been lynched. He was a
Mafia Goon

It's now night two. Those of you with night actions have until August 27th to submit them.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #226 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Dawn rises, but
theperson
doesn't. He was the
Cop

It's now Day Three. Deadline is September 16. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #252 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

Debonair Danny DiPietro L-2: tanstalas
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #257 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

SnakePlissken replaces Volo, effective immediately
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #275 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

SnakePlissken L-1: Debonair Danny DiPietro, tanstalas
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #293 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

SnakePlissken L!: Debonair Danny DiPietro, tanstalas, Applefarmer

With three votes,
SnakePlissken
is lynched. He was a
Goon
, which means that TOWN WINS! Congratulations!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”