Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Over the hill and through the woods, to the land of dreams we go!

Votecount 2-9:

DarkFlashlight (0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass (0) -
MrBump (0) -
L-1
Silavor (3) - Glass, MrBump, Olinea
Olinea (0) -
L-1
Hoppster (3) - DarkFlashlight, Silavor, Otolia
Not Voting (1): Hoppster

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline is April 28, 2011.

Hoppster replaces DarlaBlueEyes.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Otolia »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Also, I don't like talk of other games. It ruins the ambiance, you know?
I was almost modkilled twice because of it.

I will be happy with a Olinea wagon too, and Silavor have to post more to defend himself since he also is still at L-1.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Post by Hoppster »

First off, Nacho, what is this nonsense? Glass, Bump and Olinea all got cool mod-flavor-morph-scenes, silavor gets a 'Hooray!' and I just get "OHYH THIS DUDE IS REPLACING IN". :(

Working on a research paper right now, I will write you badass flavor later <3
~Nacho

Anyway, I'm the new and improved DBE sans-computer issues. Please note that I no longer have any ovaries.

All quotes in the following wall have been shrunk in font size for your convenience.

Spoiler: Wall addressing recent wagoning/votes
Glass wrote:In response to my question of who is town/scum he said that he thinks that otolia is scum, but did not give any town reads or lay down a vote on otolia. Not exactly the response I would expect from someone who would have a guaranteed inno/guilty (Unless of course there is a roleblocker and he was roleblocked, but then there is a doc and scum know he is the cop anyways, so outing him is not a huge deal).

Also, kage logged in in the middle of the night without posting anything and was in no other games. The reason I did not point this out early is pretty obv, I thought that he might be cop. What is also interesting is that about half an hour after my first post of the day, kage logged in once again and posted nothing. Him trying to hide that he was online during the night perhaps?

So ya, kage is teh scum. I may go rooting through his day 1 posts now to find what other scumminess I can find.
Until then
VOTE: Kagetora

Umm, what?

How do scum know who is cop?

Olinea's right - checking the site is not a scumtell. "OHYH BUT IT'S NIGHT AND HE HAD NO OTHER GAMES" - no. Did you check everybody else? Did nobody apart from Kage visit the site at night? I guess you must have, othewise it'd be completely unreasonable for you to vote for Kage on that basis alone when you haven't even checked anybody else. And if you have, you must have caught his scumbuddy. Plztell us.

MrBump wrote:...Wow. I never thought of the Kage-Cop possibility at all. >.>

I'm liking Glass's latest post. If anything, it further adds to my suspicions of Kage. I assumed he was sticking to his meta of "NO LYNCH D1 GOGOGO", but if you think he's Cop then it really makes sense. Then he comes back with no report.

Does that count as a softclaim, that post Glass paraphrased? It really makes sense and it appears like he just decided to not use the softclaim or simply forgot about it. I'm confused as to why it took Glass to here to post this, but anyway.

This concretes my suspicions of Kage and warrants a vote. He's done basically nothing to help to- Okay, he's done nothing to help town but stick by his decisions and refuse to post a single read from D1. He's not helping town because he's not town.

VOTE: Kagetora

And WTF is Bump smoking here. He speculates on Kage-Cop, says "YAH KAGECOP MAKES SENSE" then votes him.

DarkFlashlight wrote:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:sorry guys my PC has died a grizzly death and recovery discs are inthe mail. Until they get here (by the 6th at the latest) I will be slightly V/LA.
Question: If you're always busy or unavailable, why don't you just get a replacement and join another game later? It's not like you're attached to this one.

<snip>

VOTE: DarlaBlueEyes

Not a pressure vote. Reasoning is in the first reply in this post, and the fact that she would want chk dead the most, which is major WIFOM, but it's all the better if you can kill your enemy and say that you wouldn't be that obvious.

Why is this voteworthy from Darla? WIFOM is just WIFOM, and activity is activity. Seems like a way to avoid taking a stance on Kagetora imo and divert attention.

Glass wrote:During day 1 he failed to scumhunt at all under a false pretense of believing that the no lynch was a better move.

... false pretence? HE GENUINELY BELIEVES IT, IT'S IN HIS TOWN GAME(s). Whether he's right or wrong is irrelevant; it's been proven that is what he believes. I'll admit the lack of scumhunting is incriminating, but anything at all regarding him voting No Lynch is to be regarded as completely null. f Kage's meta is voting No lynch, he's going to do it in all games, REGARDLESS OF ALIGNMENT. It's a null tell.

Otolia wrote:I am still unsure about him. I'd rather lynch DBE today for bailing out on us that lowly ...
Otolia wrote:VOTE: DBE

Wuuut is this I don't even...

You're voting me based on DBE replacing out, yet who was wanting to replace out? You. Who else did replace out? Kage, aka silavor, at L-1. Weak reasoning for puting silavor's counter-wagon to L-1, link noticed.

silavor wrote:
Vote:DBE

When the universe decides to slam you with enough crap to open up your own mushroom farm, you don't stay in a mafia game unless you have some sort of investment or attachment to it. There is
no
reason for a vanilla town DBE to V/LA for basically all of day one and two, as there is nothing holding her to this game. She had no real reads, no one had any real beneficial reads on her, it was basically like she hadn't been in the game at all. Town-DBE should have replaced out weeks ago. Scum-DBE, however, can use the V/LA to her advantage

silavor's vote on DBE (me) is so incredi-opportunistic it's unbelievable. His reason for voting is "LOL V/LA IS OBVIOUS SCUM-TELL." Well, sorry to shatter your illusions, but it's not. It only takes a cursory glance through Darla's posting history to see she was V/LA in all games. silavor's lazy scum vote is very lazy and very, very scummy.

Mega FoS: Otolia, silavor

FoS: Glass, MrBump, DarkFlashlight

Justify your wagoning and why you felt your votes were reasonable, plzkthx.

I'm aware that's everybody apart from Olinea, which is very concerning, but not my fault if y'all make very scummy votes. >>

I'll be going through some ISOs and casting a vote after responses.

With almost two weeks until deadline, we've still got plenty of time to start a new wagon.

It'd be great if people on the top two wagons unvoted as well, as with the horrible votes we're getting thrown around I fear a godawful hammer.
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Otolia »

It was based on her non-activity, her global active lurking and the reasoning that it is ALWAYS more interesting for scums to lurk around than to ask for replacement. Plus the fact that nacho didn't replaced her ASAP is a scumtell because it is always a problem to get scums replaced as the replacement allows a more or less a cleaning slate to the new player.

Reading your post doesn't make me think your are town especially that :
Hoopster wrote:I'm aware that's everybody apart from Olinea, which is very concerning, but not my fault if y'all make very scummy votes. >>
Your vote == your choice, only scums don't assume their votes because they know their votes will be scrutinized when they'll be lynched.

As for my play, I had a VERY BAD (it's an understatement) D1, and I should have been lynched for that (I even begged the town to do it), I asked the town (D2) if they wanted me to replace because I was obviously an hindrance to the town in D1. Nobody wanted to, so it means that scum found that i am worth living because I could be a WIFOM provider in LyLo/MyLo whereas I assume the townies either investigated me or believe I was just a bad/newbie townie.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:52 am

Post by Hoppster »

Otolia wrote:It was based on her non-activity, her global active lurking and the reasoning that it is ALWAYS more interesting for scums to lurk around than to ask for replacement. Plus the fact that nacho didn't replaced her ASAP is a scumtell because it is always a problem to get scums replaced as the replacement allows a more or less a cleaning slate to the new player.
Implying of course that she was scum in every single game. Yep, that logic looks like a pretty rock-solid argument. Of course, the notion she was actually V/LA is just a dastardly scum plot to lurk through the game; curse those cunning scums and their cunning cunnning plans.

And you're basing more proof on the fact that a replacement wasn't achieved immediately. Yes, that makes sense. Because Nacho advertised for "NEED SOMBDY TO REPLACE INTO SCUMZ SLOT PLZ!!111!". Mmhm. Yeah, I definitely remember that happening.

Even if time taken for replacement IS relevant to the alignment (and it totally isn't, just FYI), then you're still being illogical. It took very marginally less time for DBE to be replaced than Kage, so using your amazing logic silavor is scum.

Otolia wrote:Your vote == your choice, only scums don't assume their votes because they know their votes will be scrutinized when they'll be lynched.
I have no idea what you mean here. Explain/clarify what you mean and how it means I am scum, thanks.

Regarding discussion on "SCUMZ TOTEZ MOAR LIEKLY TO REPLACE OUT", I really don't think it makes a difference, and speculation on it is a waste of time, a waste of effort, and diverting from scumhunting.

If you must have an answer, town will almost certainly be more likely to replace out because THERE ARE MORE OF THEM. Town usually outnumber scum by a ratio of around 3:1 if not 4:1 from what I know, so unless scum are over 3x more likely to replace out than town, it's town.

Otolia: do you think silavor's vote is scummy?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:04 am

Post by Hoppster »

EBWOP: Thanks, Nacho! :P
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Otolia »

You know someday you will learn that laughing about everything one is saying isn't a good way to make one answers your question.

She post her last post in another game, why not in this one ? I am legitimately doubting her (and thus your) alignment. Now moving one your despicable post :
Hoppster wrote:Implying of course that she was scum in every single game. Yep, that logic looks like a pretty rock-solid argument. Of course, the notion she was actually V/LA is just a dastardly scum plot to lurk through the game; curse those cunning scums and their cunning cunnning plans.
I am scumhunting, so I look fro scum. I try to find reasons for their behavior even if it doesn't please you.
Curse those stupid townies and their stupid reasoning
Hoppster wrote:And you're basing more proof on the fact that a replacement wasn't achieved immediately. Yes, that makes sense. Because Nacho advertised for "NEED SOMBDY TO REPLACE INTO SCUMZ SLOT PLZ!!111!". Mmhm. Yeah, I definitely remember that happening.
Even if time taken for replacement IS relevant to the alignment (and it totally isn't, just FYI), then you're still being illogical. It took very marginally less time for DBE to be replaced than Kage, so using your amazing logic silavor is scum.
LOL ! Click that small link called "Activity overview" You will see that the last activity of DBE is 6 days ago whereas the last activity of Kagetora was 4 days 14 hours (as for now) And Kagetora was replaced way before DBE ... So you are LYING ! And that my dear friend is terribad. You are not truthful so even if I am wrong about that point, it proves that you don't hesitate to use lies to defend yourself, which to be fair with you is fairly scummy.
Hoppster wrote:Regarding discussion on "SCUMZ TOTEZ MOAR LIEKLY TO REPLACE OUT", I really don't think it makes a difference, and speculation on it is a waste of time, a waste of effort, and diverting from scumhunting.
A nice attempt to buy town credit. I should learn from the master that you are.
Hoppster wrote:If you must have an answer, town will almost certainly be more likely to replace out because THERE ARE MORE OF THEM. Town usually outnumber scum by a ratio of around 3:1 if not 4:1 from what I know, so unless scum are over 3x more likely to replace out than town, it's town.
That is a fallacy, I am not asking you probabilities (I can still count). The motives of her not asking a replacement even way before all those problems happen toher is dubious as is the fact that Nacho didn't replace DBE even though she was inactive longer than Kage, I don't believe nacho didn't check the activity overview during the last 6 days ....

If you do a little research, you will see that Nacho did post in the newbie queue for replacement. Thus nothing proves me that he didn't prepare the replacement way before I asked him to replace DBE or that he didn't want to replace her for various reasons. Nacho did a lot of replacement in this game, and he knows that it kinda break a newbie game.

And again ->

Hoppster wrote:Otolia: do you think silavor's vote is scummy?
It is suspicious but nothing more, and I didn't believe Kagetora (and thus the slot) was/still is scum. More so because he asked for replacement ...
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Hoppster »

Spoiler: RESPONSE WALL
Nachomamma8, at XX:05 wrote:
Darla IS being replaced.

Also, I don't like talk of other games. It ruins the ambiance, you know?
Nachomamma8, 8 hours 54 minutes later wrote:
Hoppster replaces DarlaBlueEyes.

Show me where he says he's looking for a Darla replacement before that. That's what I made my conclusion on. If it was wrong, I apologise, but it doesn't make a difference AS YOUR INITIAL ARGUMENT IS NONSENSICAL ANYWAY.

Otolia wrote:She post her last post in another game, why not in this one ? I am legitimately doubting her (and thus your) alignment. Now moving one your despicable post :

Okay, there's no way I can convince you without risking [REDACTED], so I'm just going to ask everybody to LOOK THROUGH DBE'S RECENT POST HISTORY and judge for themselves. It's pretty clear she's been V/LA - on the one game she has posted 'content' (WHICH BTW WAS
ONE
POST), read on and see the result.

Otolia wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Implying of course that she was scum in every single game. Yep, that logic looks like a pretty rock-solid argument. Of course, the notion she was actually V/LA is just a dastardly scum plot to lurk through the game; curse those cunning scums and their cunning cunnning plans.
I am scumhunting, so I look fro scum. I try to find reasons for their behavior even if it doesn't please you.

Here's a reason for her behaviour:
SHE WAS V/LA

Also, well dodged. You completely ignored the logical fallacy I addressed which would mean she was scum in all her games.

Otolia wrote:
Hoppster wrote:And you're basing more proof on the fact that a replacement wasn't achieved immediately. Yes, that makes sense. Because Nacho advertised for "NEED SOMBDY TO REPLACE INTO SCUMZ SLOT PLZ!!111!". Mmhm. Yeah, I definitely remember that happening.
LOL ! Click that small link called "Activity overview" You will see that the last activity of DBE is 6 days ago whereas the last activity of Kagetora was 4 days 14 hours (as for now) And Kagetora was replaced way before DBE ... So you are LYING ! And that my dear friend is terribad. You are not truthful so even if I am wrong about that point, it proves that you don't hesitate to use lies to defend yourself, which to be fair with you is fairly scummy.

See top of this post. You're also saying "LOL IF I'M WRONG IT'S OKAY BUT IF YOU ARE YOU'RE A LIAR". Which is just stupid. If you'd ISO'd Nacho this game (which it would make sense to do if you're lecturing me on research) you'd see that DBE is prodded AFTER Kage is replaced.

Also, well dodged. You completely ignored the fact that time taken for a replacement has no bearing on the slot and instead answered the point addressing humouring you that it was relevant - when it's not.

Otolia wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Regarding discussion on "SCUMZ TOTEZ MOAR LIEKLY TO REPLACE OUT", I really don't think it makes a difference, and speculation on it is a waste of time, a waste of effort, and diverting from scumhunting.
A nice attempt to buy town credit. I should learn from the master that you are.

Being logical = attempting to gain town cred?

Or is it that you're painting me as scummy because I'm picking flaws in your arguments?

Otolia wrote:
Hoppster wrote:If you must have an answer, town will almost certainly be more likely to replace out because THERE ARE MORE OF THEM. Town usually outnumber scum by a ratio of around 3:1 if not 4:1 from what I know, so unless scum are over 3x more likely to replace out than town, it's town.
That is a fallacy, I am not asking you probabilities (I can still count).

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to everybody.

Otolia wrote:If you do a little research, you will see that Nacho did post in the newbie queue for replacement. Thus nothing proves me that he didn't prepare the replacement way before I asked him to replace DBE or that he didn't want to replace her for various reasons. Nacho did a lot of replacement in this game, and he knows that it kinda break a newbie game.

Uh huh. I did research. So link please or it didn't happen, and you're a liar.

Otolia wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Otolia: do you think silavor's vote is scummy?
It is suspicious

What were silavor's reasons for voting DBE again? Oh yeah, V/LA.
What were Otolia's reasons for voting DBE? Replacing out + V/LA, largely similar. Huh.

Just so it's crystal-clear, I DO NOT THINK THAT V/LA, WHETHER A PLAYER HAS BEEN REPLACED OR NOT, OR HOW LONG A REPLACEMENT TAKES TO GET, HAVE ANY BEARING ON THE PLAYER'S ROLE.

tl;dr

Otolia hasn't addressed the main issues, which were:
  • Being on V/LA is not scummy.
  • Replacement time has no bearing on alignment.
In addition:
  • He finds silavor's vote suspicious despite voting for largely similar reasons
  • Don't forget he claimed scum.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Otolia

I'll be going through his ISO now.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Otolia »

Hoppster wrote:I'll be going through his ISO now.
Please don't do that, you scare me, please, I beg you, for the love of GOD, DON'T DO THAT ...... :cry:

^^ You are pitiful. I don't care if I am lynch today, I consider myself to be already dead in this game because I screw up so bad in D1. Go ahead and lynch me, I have already accepted the fact that I probably cost the town the victory, but I'll fight until the hammer. I might even self-hammer to avoid ugly WIFOMs. Just so you know, my ISO will be bad, like very bad ... I hope you will make a good post of post : full of irony, despise, mockery and screams of hate. I am not sure if I'll read you though. I find it also funny that the two players I don't want to play with against since I arrive in MS are DBE and you ... Maybe it's the slot that makes you both complete assholes ?

And I made a sole mistake in my post -> Nacho didn't find you in the newbie. (It escaped my preview)

But what I can say here, it that your main target was Silavor BUT you didn't hammer him. Why are you afraid of something ? Or are you just FoS him so that you can bus him afterwards. If you and him were to be the two scums, that would be quite a good play. He did start a new wagon while DBE was V/LA so ...
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Otolia »

Ouah, sometimes I need to preview twice ...

" make a good post of it "
" I don't want to play with again since I arrived "

Also why didn't you put DFL into your MEGA FoS ? He did vote against vote after all so : Aura of sanctity or Scum ?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:33 am

Post by MrBump »

OMG IT'S HOPPSTER <3
Amazing Hoppster wrote:And WTF is Bump smoking here. He speculates on Kage-Cop, says "YAH KAGECOP MAKES SENSE" then votes him.
No, if you read the rest of the game, I call Kage scummy since D1. :P

Otolia's latest posts are complete shit. Lemme just go through #483.
Otolia wrote:
Hoppster wrote:I'll be going through his ISO now.
Please don't do that, you scare me, please, I beg you, for the love of GOD, DON'T DO THAT ...... :cry:
Sarcasm.
Otolia wrote:^^ You are pitiful.
Flaming.
Otolia wrote:I don't care if I am lynch today,
AtE.
I consider myself to be already dead in this game because I screw up so bad in D1.
AtE.
Go ahead and lynch me, I have already accepted the fact that I probably cost the town the victory,
AtE.
but I'll fight until the hammer. I might even self-hammer to avoid ugly WIFOMs.
Contradiction.
Just so you know, my ISO will be bad, like very bad ... I hope you will make a good post of post : full of irony, despise, mockery and screams of hate.

AtE.
I am not sure if I'll read you though. I find it also funny that the two players I don't want to play with against since I arrive in MS are DBE and you ... Maybe it's the slot that makes you both complete assholes ?
Complete flaming I don't want to see on a Mafia game, and we find the real reason he's voting for Darla/Hoppster. What has Hoppster done but find you scummy?
And I made a sole mistake in my post -> Nacho didn't find you in the newbie. (It escaped my preview)
I assume Hoppster PM'd Nacho at some point saying "I'll replace in if you need a replacement" or something.
Otolia wrote:But what I can say here, it that your main target was Silavor BUT you didn't hammer him. Why are you afraid of something ? Or are you just FoS him so that you can bus him afterwards. If you and him were to be the two scums, that would be quite a good play. He did start a new wagon while DBE was V/LA so ...
Are you actually for real? You're trying to twist this horrendously. You're saying Hoppster wouldn't hammer his "scum buddy" so he can bus easier tomorrow (instead of, y'know, bussing NOW). This is the stupidest reasoning ever.

In fact, your entire case on Darla is "she was V/LA", which was destroyed by Hoppster, and he has already put himself forward as incredibly ProTown (the fact he didn't just hammer Silavor also shows that), and you STILL vote him?

If Otolia isn't lynched tomorrow/today, I will be disappointed in all of you. As it stands, I'm keeping my vote on Silavor, mainly as I'd like to wait until Hoppster completes his ISO.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Hoppster »

HAI BUMP.

Why is nobody posting?!

Otolia, I'm too lazy to go through your ISO right now, and it's incredibly discouring that NOBODY APART FROM YOU AND BUMP ARE RESPONDING TO MEEEEEEEE.
Otolia wrote:But what I can say here, it that your main target was Silavor BUT you didn't hammer him. Why are you afraid of something ? Or are you just FoS him so that you can bus him afterwards. If you and him were to be the two scums, that would be quite a good play. He did start a new wagon while DBE was V/LA so ...
Nooo I didn't. It's you
and
Silavor. You atm, since I am yet to hear from Silavor and your continued insistence that V/LA is a scumtell and replacement time has a bearing on alignment.

MrBump wrote:OMG IT'S HOPPSTER <3
Amazing Hoppster wrote:And WTF is Bump smoking here. He speculates on Kage-Cop, says "YAH KAGECOP MAKES SENSE" then votes him.
No, if you read the rest of the game, I call Kage scummy since D1. :P
HI BUMP! It's good to know you noticed I'm amazing.

It doesn't matter if you called him scummy since D1. How can you go "YES, HIM BEING A COP MAKES SENSE" and then vote?! You're also dodging my point.

WRT the rest of your post - I have to take some of the blame for starting the sarcasm, and I am naturally a bit of a jerk anyway. But, eh. I'm pretty sure being a jerk isn't a scumtell.

OKAY I AM ACTUALLY GOING THROUGH OTOLIA'S ISO NOW FOR REALS

I EXPECT YOUR VOTE TO BE ON OTOLIA AFTER I FINISH MRBUMP
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Otolia »

I dare you to come and lynch me Mr. Bump, and then win the game for town. If you do that, I'll present my apologies to both you and Hoppster to your conditions without ANY discussions (Assuming you are both town of course) But I don't see that happening, mostly because I cost the town the victory in D1. I am sorry for that but I can't erase it. You are sucking him so deep that you can't see his HUGE navel ... Just for the lulz : He started the flame, the sarcasm and such things you don't want to see.

I don't accept to be treated as he did by people I don't know. You don't wanna follow the rules, fine, I can play dirty too. I might even be better at it because I have a latin culture (RedCoyote if you read that ...)

So Kakkmaddafakka !
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 am

Post by MrBump »

>Win the game for town

VOTE: Otolia

k

Also, by Latin culture, I assume you mean Romanised or at least European? *looks at self*
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:11 am

Post by silavor »

Hmm. Yeah. Otolia, what's with all the flailing, AtE, and defeatism just because people decide they think you're scummy? What're you gonna do if three people decide they think you're scummy?
Vote: Otolia

And my case against DBE isn't "lol vla is scumtell," it's the lack of game-relevant helpful posts (she makes a lot of fluff theory posts, but not a lot with actual content) when she was here, and then the fact that she'd go V/LA, come back to fluff, then V/LA again.
That's
what I don't think is town, not the V/LA'ing in and of itself.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Otolia »

Latin countries in the world : France, Italien, Spain and affiliated ....

Claim
: Vanilla Townie. So you can't say, he didn't told us.

I won't post more unless you ask me specific questions (Hoppster and Mr. Bump) Others are welcome for discussions as I don't want to completely destroy the fun for you - which I could have done a little bit sooner by hammering silavor.

And Silavor read what Hoppster said, I am only responding at the same level which to be honest brings me a lot of fun. I don't regret insulting morons nor will I ever do.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Olinea »

Whooooo, we got some postin' in Darla's spot now!

To me, at least one of Hoppster/silavor
has
to be scum. And maybe it's because Kage had so much more coming out of his spot than Darla that reading that spot unearths a lot more dirt. I don't know. We all know Darla was inactive, yeah. But Hoppster's latest posting, IMO, is definitely more Town-guided than silavor's. I'd like to keep him around more.

Re: the chkflip kill; how some seem to think he's the only one who suspected Darla. I'm swaying on this... to my knowledge, he was also one of the only (if not
the
only) person to attack Kagetora on Day 1 after Kage was contemplating a hammer vote despite his continual stance of No Lynch. I'd think that point was moot and chkflip was killed because he was the IC and acting pretty Town; perhaps there were PR tells but iunno. I'd expect the Kage spot to try and kill chkflip based on IC status and perhaps to alleviate pressure.

Otolia has gotten even more erratic and defeatist in his posting but I'm still maintaining a Town read on him due to the letter incident and that I think he's still finding his comfort zone with how aggressively he wants to post; like he wants to emulate GreyICE or something.

I don't think V/LA is a scumtell in the slightest. Faking V/LA, definitely, but that's low. Darla's probably had computer problems for a while.

I still support a silavor lynch and I'm not going on Hoppster or Otolia.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Hoppster »

So, going through Otolia's ISO, it's not chock full of scummy posts as I'd hoped, which is slightly discouraging.

However, if you go through his posts, there is very little initiative taken with regards to scum-hunting.

The only actual scum-hunting I can find are here and here - and the first is of course GreyICE's PM to Otolia. (Here to an extent.)

Preview Edit: ... And we're back up to L-1. (YES THIS POST TOOK ME AGES TO WRITE, I GET DISTRACTED EASILY.)

UNVOTE:

I WANT TO HEAR FROM TEH OTHER PPZ B4 HAMMAH PLZ.

@ Olinea: Grey's smart. I don't see how it's not feasible he sent Olinea a fake PM to explain his town 'reads'.

I also think the chk NK is completely null. It's very common for the IC to be NK'd in a Newbie from what I gather regardless of who scum is (obviously not the IC though...), and it'd be more noteworthy to look at the suspicions of the person who got NK'd if they WEREN'T the IC.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Glass »

omfg. Did that seriously just happen?

I am going to flip uber-shit once I get done reading this.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Otolia »

GreyICE is a beast when town and I am not ashamed of saying that I try to inspire myself from him. I am erratic that is certain, I play with my guts and it's somehow an big hindrance in this game. But don't get me wrong, I screwed up D1 so bad that nothing good could come of it (cf. today). I am considering this game as a loss for myself (as a player who wants to improve his townplay - I am very bad at keeping my head cool when I know I am honest : being accused of dishonesty is the biggest insult one can say to me) without knowing the result because I am a non-factor and I have accepted it. Now if the town can still win, all the best for me since I will count this game in my MS stats.

Also I am not sure I am always making myself clear about what I post (the issue of posting in another language is quite a challenging one) so all this ruckus might come from me. But I can't really say it for sure because scums will interpret what I write in the way they want.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Glass »

Ok, starting from the top:
hopp wrote:How do scum know who is cop?
If kage was the cop and doesn't have a report he was roleblocked. Hence they know who cop is, or at least think that kage is likely enough cop that he needs to be blocked.
hopp wrote:And if you have, you must have caught his scumbuddy. Plztell us.
:facepalm:
hopp wrote: ... false pretence? HE GENUINELY BELIEVES IT, IT'S IN HIS TOWN GAME(s). Whether he's right or wrong is irrelevant; it's been proven that is what he believes.
lulz. This quote takes your point and smashes it into oblivion.
kage wrote:About 2/3 of the way through yesterday I became convinced that NLing (in THIS setup) is a bad idea and at that point was sticking to my meta. I was inclined to vote Sakako (as I felt most strongly that they were scum) but again, my meta.
Unless you want to try and say kage was lying there...?
hopp wrote: Why is nobody posting?!
Some of us have school.
hopp wrote: However, if you go through his posts, there is very little initiative taken with regards to scum-hunting.
Yep, completely unlike kage.

The hopp-oto exchange has been rather fruitless.
I still have a townread on oto.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF BUMP I AM GOING TO SMACK YOU UPSIDE THE HEAD ONCE THIS GAME IS OVER. SILV NEEDS TO BE FUCKING LYNCHED. HE JUST JUMPED FROM THE DBE WAGON ONTO THE OTO WAGON BECAUSE IT HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF SUCCESS. KERMIT THE MAFIAMAN TOTALLY STRAWMANNED MY CASE. STOP THINKING THAT OTO IS SCUM JUST BECAUSE HE IS A VI AND ACTUALLY THINK!
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Glass »

oto wrote: Claim : Vanilla Townie
DONT EVER CLAIM VT IN THIS SETUP. If you are vt you should keep your mouth shut in case you don't get lynched and hope that mafia think you are a PR, now there is no chance of you getting NKd.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:26 am

Post by MrBump »

Here we see Glass coaching his bud-

Nah, Glass is town.

Silavor jumps on the wagon like a pro. I hate hate HATE Otolia's latest posts, still. Either Silv/Kage or Otolia dies today.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Hoppster »

Glass wrote:
hopp wrote:How do scum know who is cop?
If kage was the cop and doesn't have a report he was roleblocked. Hence they know who cop is, or at least think that kage is likely enough cop that he needs to be blocked.

>>

So basically, you're saying they don't. They have a suspicion of cop, they don't
know
who. They have no way of knowing whether they roleblocked correctly...

Glass wrote:
hopp wrote:And if you have, you must have caught his scumbuddy. Plztell us.
:facepalm:

Uh-huh. Way to go taking this quote out of context. You could have taken it slightly out of context more by adding a completely random JFK quote above, but this is still pretty good.
B+

Glass wrote:
hopp wrote: ... false pretence? HE GENUINELY BELIEVES IT, IT'S IN HIS TOWN GAME(s). Whether he's right or wrong is irrelevant; it's been proven that is what he believes.
lulz. This quote takes your point and smashes it into oblivion.
kage wrote:About 2/3 of the way through yesterday I became convinced that NLing (in THIS setup) is a bad idea and at that point was sticking to my meta. I was inclined to vote Sakako (as I felt most strongly that they were scum) but again, my meta.
Unless you want to try and say kage was lying there...?

Okay, I'm wrong in that he didn't always genuinely believe it, however, I still believe that it is a null. It's pro-town to not appear scummy when you're not scum, and with the meta having been a huge point for him up to that point, if he were town, consciously going against his town meta and contradicting himself could be seen as anti-town. Whether it's not is irrelevant; there's town motivation for what he did.

Glass wrote:
hopp wrote: Why is nobody posting?!
Some of us have school.

Sorrrry. I'm in the UK AND 'TIS HOLIDAYS WOOP WOOP

Glass wrote:
hopp wrote: However, if you go through his posts, there is very little initiative taken with regards to scum-hunting.
Yep, completely unlike kage.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, and I don't see your point quite frankly. I've said that I find Silavor scummy but Otolia shot ahead with the whole V/LA-Replacement-scumtell thing.

Glass wrote:The hopp-oto exchange has been rather fruitless.

Fruitless?

So you got no nice reads on me from it?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Votecount 2-11:

DarkFlashlight (0) -
Otolia (2) - Silavor, MrBump
Glass (0) -
MrBump (0) -
Silavor (2) - Glass, Olinea,
Olinea (0) -
Hoppster (2) - DarkFlashlight, Otolia
Not Voting (1): Hoppster
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”