Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I'm going to
FOS: Battle Mage
. Yeah, he tried to start a bandwagon, but I was thinking the same thing he was when I read Nemesis's post. Granted I've never played in games with delayed anythings(or cults at all). One thing I am a little surprised by is his miller claim, but if he were scum then claiming miller after a cop dies seems a little dumb. If I were town and my cop died, I think I'd make sure that any backup cop doesn't waste any investigations. I think it's enough to be a little suspicious but I'm not going to vote him yet.

What confused me was that Battle Mage cast his initial random vote towards Khelvaster. Not suspicious since it is a random vote, but he says
Battle Mage wrote:I know there not a lot of love loss between you and I, but i'd rather if you're town, we dont interfere with each others scumdars in the game, by arguing and getting OMGUSsy.
Now this may be my inexperience talking, but I think if you want to avoid OMGUS then it's best not to vote for the person to begin with. To me it sounds like he's just trying to get Khelvaster to unvote to avoid a bandwagon on himself.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Matt_S »

VanDamien wrote:
andersonw wrote:Hello everyone! This is not only my first game with a cult, but my first game. :) I've played mafia many times in rl, but I'm kind of new to forum mafia, so if I'm acting stupid, try not to accuse me of being scum.

Vote:Quickben
because he's 16th on the list, 16 syllables of eeny-meeny-miney-mo.
unvote

vote: andersonw
for not knowing the difference between a syllable and a letter. And for playing the newbie card.
Vote: VanDamien
, because he didn't mean letters. I don't know the term, but I guess beats is the closest word. Go through the rhyme up to "Fifty dollars every day". Sixteen little beats. And also for picking on us newbies :cry:
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Matt_S »

andersonw wrote: Yeah, I meant stressed syllables in the poem.
What he said. EEny MEEny MIney MO CATCH a TIger BY his TOE. IF he HOllers MAKE him PAY FIFty DOLlars EVery DAY. I believe that's all 16. And yeah that's probably not how the syllables divide up in the dictionary, but I don't care.
VanDamien wrote:(I can't believe this is an argument)
But thanks for reacting, Matt.
(me either)

I may be looking into this too much, but your "thank you" sounds more like "I see your scum association". But anyways, I see your point in voting for him, but newbies asking for mercy isn't necessarily a scumtell. It's a newbie tell. I've asked people to go easy on me in non-mafia games. And both scum and townie newbs will probably ask for lenience. I guess I just sympathize with andersonw though.
Unvote VanDamien
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Matt_S »

killa seven wrote:what up im checkin in.. wow alot has been posted i was here at like 8 and it was still locked ayways im kinda drunk ill be back with my vote i gotta read slow
I believe you.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Incognito wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Matt_S

I don't care much for the argument between letters and syllables but the bigger picture is your vote on VanDamien after he voted for andersonw seemed a bit too knee-jerk response-ish. I can't ignore that as just a newbie tell as you seem to be asking for.
I should have never done that, you're right. Andersonw wasn't in danger of being lynched so I shouldn't have done anything. That's why I unvoted, because I realized I overreacted. I just thought we had better things to discuss than a newbie saying he's a newbie.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Matt_S »

VanDamien wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
killa seven wrote: what up im checkin in.. wow alot has been posted i was here at like 8 and it was still locked ayways im kinda drunk ill be back with my vote i gotta read slow

I believe you.
Who cares?
Matt_S wrote:
I should have never done that, you're right. Andersonw wasn't in danger of being lynched so I shouldn't have done anything. That's why I unvoted, because I realized I overreacted. I just thought we had better things to discuss than a newbie saying he's a newbie.
We do have better things to discuss, now. Like why you're leaping to someone else's defense then finding it necessary to believe killa publicly.
  1. I probably should have put a smiley or highlighted the "I'm drunk" part.
  2. Since when do we have to discuss defending someone? Isn't that already discussion? And I thought I already said I was overreacting.
Un-FoS Battle Mage
before more people bandwagon.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Matt_S »

VanDamien wrote:Ah, the crux of the question. Why would you overreact? So many possibilities. Furthermore, you say you shouldn't have done anything, well, in your words:
Matt_S wrote:Andersonw wasn't in danger of being lynched so I shouldn't have done anything
Why would his lynch mean so much to you that you feel you would need to stop it if enough players in this large of a game were calling for it?
I overreacted partly because I'm in the same boat as him. I didn't want him to get lynched for saying something I didn't. Also, I've only played in really small games. In games as large as this one a single vote on someone isn't a threat, and I didn't think about that before voting.

And what makes you think his lynch means more to me than anyone else's lynch? If anyone was about to be lynched for a single post, I'd have to try and stop it. Would you let such a thing pass? According to the last vote count, only Battle Mage, Andersonw and I have more than 1 vote, and I saw that Rosso Carne just got a second vote. I FoS'd Battle Mage before because I seriously thought he was fishy. Now, several people have bandwagoned, hence me withdrawing my FoS. I really can't think of anything to say to defend him that hasn't already been said, and the same for Rosso Carne. Plus, the main thing I learned from voting for you is that I need to be more conservative with my votes.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Matt_S »

EBMOP: Since that first two sentences above are really ambiguous, I mean I'm a newb and I wouldn't want him to be lynched for being up front about his inexperience when I didn't mention it.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Incognito wrote:Matt, I'm having a hard time with a lot of your posts. You seem to have this idea that too many votes on one person this early in the game is bad for any player. The number of votes you classify as being "too many" is a rather low number for this kind of set-up. We have 27 living players in this game and it takes one more than half the total number of living players to reach a lynch. This means that on Day 1 we need
14 votes
on one player in order to have that person lynched. The only time someone is
really
in any danger of reaching a lynch is when he or she begins reaching the L-2 and L-1 levels.

You, Battle Mage, and Rosso Carne each have 3 votes apiece and andersonw received some flak for playing the newbie card. Is there any reason you feel that the two players besides yourself shouldn't have the number of votes they've accumulated? Are they really in any real danger because they've accumulated 3 votes apiece? Further, how do you expect to gain information from players without getting a good, strong bandwagon going on them?
I overreacted.
For the games I played in the past, L-2 and just 2 weren't far apart, maybe off by one vote. It isn't easy getting used to votes just being thrown around. And it's not the bandwagoning I'm against per se: It's the lack of discussion behind it. Battle Mage claimed miller. If he was scum, it seems fairly dumb. If he's town, he's trying to get the most out of whatever cops we may have left. The people who are actually discussing the issues I have no problem with. But there's been some votes that are just "I vote BM because he's scummy". And Rosso Carne is tired of people mentioning the cult recruiter. He's not the only one, but because he (probably) joked about killing people who continue the speculation of what "delayed" means, he got voted. Yeah, I don't think they should have as many votes as they do, but like you said, they aren't in danger, and overreacting again won't do any good.
armlx wrote: Things I don't like:

Matt_S's removal of FOS to stop bandwagonning.
Charity wrote: Vote: BattleMage Seems suspicious...
Do you find this constructive? I don't, and I didn't want to associate with it. And it isn't like I'm the only one against the bandwagon; curiouskarmadog is against it, too. The only difference is that he didn't have an FoS on BM. I could speculate on what he would do if he had FoS'd BM, but that wouldn't be helpful.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:It is constructive. If we never voted, never said anything about our suspicions, we'd have nothing to go on. For example, my vote stays on you because I dislike your play. Doesn't mean you're scum, but votes are a tool for starting discussion (especially Day 1).

In other news, the rosso carne bandwagon is a stretch, the bm wagon. . . well, in a sense, we have a guaranteed guilty investigation, but I agree, I don't really see why he would claim it so early. Of course, that can all be WIFOMed to death. I would say we could do a lot worse than lynching a claimed miller, but I'm not sold on it yet.
But for some people it's just "I voted because he's scummy". It's voicing suspicion, but there's no reasoning given. Reasons can be discussed, bus suspicion is entirely subjective. I wouldn't care if everyone who has voted so far had given reasons that could be discussed. I don't have a problem with people being suspicious of me, but when the reason is for me opposing empty votes I get a little edgy. Especially when I'm not the only one opposed to the empty votes.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Peers wrote:How about mostly-empty votes? Because we don't have a whole lot to be going on this point, beyond BM's little "No, seriously, I'm a miller" bit.
How about random votes again?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote: Matt_S: The fact you used an FOS to do it was very sketchy. You weren't even really committed to the wagon. And your response about "not wanting to be connected" isn't helping.

Unvote, Vote Matt_S

Normally I don't like to cut established players slack for meta reasons, especially those based on what I deem bad play, but Matt_S is acting far too concerned about his every precise move. It seems kinda sketchy. And the over reacting scum tell rearing it's head.

Actually voting without reason is constructive as it's easy to spot trends. FOSing without reason is a lot more low key and inciting.
I've read a few games where people have been accused of being scum because they FoSed somebody who was being bandwagoned. Scum or town, looking scummy is bad. I've tried and failed at that I guess. And I don't know if the FoSing without reason comment is directed towards me or not, but I did have a reason: him voting Khelvaster yet not wanting OMGUS votes. And I had a reason to withdraw my FoS, too: BM explained his history, plus the bandwagon. I didn't see the bandwagon as constructive anymore.
Antithesis wrote: I think this is a well reasoned assessment of the current state of the game, which says to me that you are following the game closely, you take it seriously, and you have adapted from the smaller newbie games to a 30 person game rather well. You seem to be replying often in response to questions from others, so you are also very actively involved in the game so far...

Is it really that difficult of a transition? It would seem to me that the different number of votes is a most obvious part to adjust to.
Actually, I haven't played newbie games here. A few years ago I played on another site. I try to stay active and respond because otherwise I wouldn't be playing.

I adjusted pretty quickly, actually. I just screwed up in my very first post, before I adjusted. From there it started to click, especially once more people voted andersonw and when people started voting for me.
Nemesis wrote:Well the fact that even you arn't sure that it was a joke doesn't help him. And as for the speculation about the recruiter, it's discussion. I way prefer talking about something like that to talking about nothing.

I just hate the threat of "shut up or die"... Rosso contributed to the discussion with that? Plus he hasn't even responded to the post I voted him for, so it's not like the bandwagon has even got to the "worthy of defence" stage yet.
I don't do humor on the internet very well. I assume it's a joke because it's a dumb claim to make. Though that could just be what he wants us to think... Yeah, it's discussion, but it's about a dead guy. He could have recruits, but there could also be a second cult for all we know. I suppose there isn't much to discuss yet.

Yeah, he didn't contribute, but he's not the only one to not contribute. There's lots of lurkers. I think lurking is more suspicious that being angry. He may not need defense, but it doesn't hurt to discuss it.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Matt_S »

... And my point goes right on by.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Matt_S »

Since I'm too impatient to wait for someone to ask me to clarify my point...

There could be a cult recruit. There could be a second cult. There could be jesters. The only thing we know for sure we have a mafia family and a serial killer, and they night kill.

It's the same thing you said, VanDamien, yet I used a hypothetical example to prove that the speculation is worthless. It seems you think I'm actually trying to get people to believe the possibility of a second cult when I have stated before that the cult recruit speculation is a waste. You seem to enjoy trying to finger me by looking at a single one of my sentences instead of the entirety of my posts.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Matt_S »

Just fixing some of my info: It was my second post where I voted VanDamien, not the first. I thought my FoS came before my vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Matt_S »

VanDamien: Can you explain your newest vote on me? Did you honestly take my post to be a real suggestion that there's another cult?

Nemesis: At this point I don't see speculating as being helpful. Like you said, if we see a second cultist we'll do something, but at this point discussing the possibilities doesn't seem to have much point.

Peers: I'd also like to hear about your vote on Battle Mage.

As for Rosso Carne vs Battle Mage, I don't know enough to debate how the cult works, nor do I even want to. But I would like to see answers for the questions Battle Mage asked.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Matt_S »

Nemesis wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
Matt_S wrote:The only thing we know for sure we have a mafia family and a serial killer, and they night kill.
We know both of those are 100% true? How?
As for the SK, i'm pretty sure that the gruesome kill flavour belonged to an SK.
Probably but Matt said "we know
for sure
" there is a SK. There's no way to be 100% sure of this... Unless you are the SK.
Throat-Slit seems to be a pretty big tell. lol
Note also, the difference between the other 2 kills. I didnt notice before, but 1 is 'shotgunned' and the other is just 'shot'.

BM
A tell yes, but it's not certain. It could be a weird vig or anything... While it is probably a Serial Killer's kill, it isn't 100%. It isn't a fact we have a SK, therefore the guy who said speculation is a waste of time, was speculating himself...

Granted there's probably more chance of us having a SK than someone waking up tomorrow to find out they've been culted, but neither are certain and they both have a fairly good chance of being true.
Speculating and making logical assumptions aren't the same. Yeah, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't see how you could argue otherwise. I don't see why you'd even want to bring it up. Do you have any reason to believe these assumptions aren't true other than the small probability of something out of the ordinary?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Lloyd wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:random?
No; it was in response to your unvote.
Khelvaster wrote:I highly, highly doubt that we have two cults. That would be degenerate in this kind of game.
I agree.
Charity wrote:I guess I should wait like everyone else.
Fattierob wrote:Hm. I really don't want to vote for anybody without watching this a bit farther.
Nanosauromo wrote:Not sure on who to vote yet.
If everyone waits, then we'll never lynch today, and no lynch is a bad idea on day 1.

Unvote

Vote: VanDamien
Your second post, and you reply to a direct question to you, agree with a logical statement, and tell the town that a no lynch is bad. I've been sitting back after my first vote since there was lots of stuff going on, but I think you're trying pretty hard to sound useful without contributing. Your vote also doesn't seem to be anything more than random. I'll follow your advice.

Vote Lloyd
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Matt_S »

Unvote, Vote Nanosauromo

It looks to me like you were just looking for a reason to throw out a vote. Rosso Carne already explained it, and people pointed out that TheSweatpantsNinja was lurking, so I'm assuming you ignored or maybe just missed the fact that he was one of those lurkers he wanted to pressure.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Since the only new discussion is meta stuff which I don't know about, I don't have much to add. I probably would have vigged night 0 simply because there's so many people and, like Khelvaster said, a miskill wouldn't be that big hopefully, but a scum kill would rock.

And thanks for the happy birthdays.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Matt_S »

I don't like how we're going back to BM's miller claim, mainly because I don't think we can get anywhere with a bandwagon on him. As for oEJo, I don't like his vote on thenextepisode, but that's just my personal preference. As for thenextepisode himself, he's just someone who showed up in the middle of everything. I don't see either of them as being scummier than anybody else.

Anyway, back to BM. I don't think his miller claim is that bad. Looking from the perspective of him being a townie, he's trying to save any backup cops from wasting investigations. Looking at him as being scum, he's pulling some WIFOM. I can see how it's not good taking him to the endgame, but I don't think he's scummy enough for a lynch on day 1.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Matt_S »

My opinion on Lloyd: He has an odd standard for what's considered vote hopping. I haven't seen anything that I'd consider vote hopping by VanDamien, but of course everyone has different perceptions.

My opinion on oEJo: I think votes require a little more than an "I agree" to go with them at this point in the game. Some are saying that was scum association, but I'm not suspicious of VanDamien at the moment, so it seems like a stretch.

My opinion on scum lists and townie lists: I don't see how it does much more than what votes and FoSes do. Plus people brought up the WIFOM for scum killing the good townies. I don't see it as being helpful, but I don't see suggesting it as being scummy.

My opinion on the continued Battle Mage thing: WIFOM. There's nothing more to it than that, but I don't see a miller claim as being more pro-scum than pro-town, which is me drinking that wine. There's more WIFOM around every corner.

My opinion on the Jester talk: I'd prefer we avoid discussing the possibility until someone appears to be one.

My opinion on people saying I'm useful: I work better under pressure, and not much has been going on lately so I'm not doing anything groundbreaking.

In summary, I want to hear more from some of the people under suspicion before I change my vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
ckd wrote: I dont know anymore if I believe the BM claim or not, but lynching him today is a waste of a lynch (today anyway).
I support this position on BM. I also don't think armlx is scum. I would not be opposed to a nano lynch, but then, as has already gotten me in trouble this game, I support lynching lurkers.
I totally agree.
FoS: SweatPantsNinja

First person to tell me why i did this earns
vote immunity
from me for the duration of the day.

BM
I'm going to step up to the challenge, just for fun.

I'm pretty sure it's not the lynching lurkers thing, because that's too obvious to give out vote immunity for.

Not lynching a miller so that they could potentially lynch a power role or force a power role to claim? But that applies to all claims that aren't power roles, so it seems unlikely.

Naming who he thinks is innocent rather than who he thinks is scum? He's not the only one to do that though. I'll have more guesses later.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I think we need more pressure. And less lurkers.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Matt_S »

WhoMe? wrote:
Rosso Carne wrote:WHEE!

agreed.

kill: thenextepisode
hmmm last time i saw you do this in stargate mafia, you turned up scum.
Has anybody played in a game where Rosso Carne was town? I'm getting the feeling this is just how he is.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Matt_S »

Khelvaster wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:why is the Killa Seven BW any better than a Nano BW?
both are good but Killa Seven is more likely to slip up imho.
FoS: Battle Mage

I know I said you were town before, but seriously, I have to have my limits. You just said that Killa Seven is more likely to break under pressure, not that he is scum. If he breaks under pressure, that's an easy lynch. That's not necessarily a scum lynch.
What armlx said. Killa seven was the one who used the term "break".
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Since the only new discussion is crack vs break...

Mod: Can we get prods?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Matt_S »

List of inactives:

andersonw
Charity
GSGold
Nanosauromo
oEJo
QuickBen
skitzer
Tlp
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Matt_S »

Unvote, Vote Tlp

I'm switching wagons until Nano gets replaced or decides to post. I'm tired of waiting.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Matt_S »

curiouskarmadog wrote: Matt, why are you voting tlp? why do you think everyone else is voting him?
I'm voting him because he follows a bandwagon without seeming to have any real suspicions. And the "oh noes, people are looking at me! unvote" thing. And of course he's here while Nano isn't. As for everybody else, it's probably a mix of my reasons and shameless bandwagoning.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (isolation #30) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Khelvaster wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Unvote, Vote Tlp

I'm switching wagons until Nano gets replaced or decides to post. I'm tired of waiting.
Unvote, Vote: Matt_S

Switching Wagons? What?
I want to vote somebody who will actually be here to defend himself. Nano isn't here, and I want to get something done.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:Matt S pinged my scumdar with his vote. Once we get a half decent explanation from Tlp, i think he's a good choice for our next dose of pressure.
I got tired of voting for someone who wasn't even playing anymore. I wanted to put pressure somewhere useful. Plus, now that Nano's being replaced, the replacement won't be able to give any answers until he/she reads the whole topic.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #32) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Matt_S »

lmao

just to fit in :D

On a serious note, I'm disliking Lloyd again.
FoS Lloyd
. I can't really think of a reason for someone not to comment on who they find scummy. I also looked back on his vote for Nanosauromo.
Lloyd wrote:
Nanosauromo wrote:Pressuring lurkers is Good For The Town
It's been 20 days since you last posted...

Vote: Nanosauromo
After that, Lloyd disappeared for a week. I'm still fine with my Tlp vote though.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #33) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Tlp last posted two days ago. It's a little early to ask for a prod.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #34) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Matt_S »

If you want, I can claim now and save us time. It's not hard for me to prove it.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #35) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Matt_S »

Shh. I'm hunting role fishers.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #36) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Matt_S »

RossWilliam wrote:if your willing to claim sp free;y, your role isn't that special? I'm confused. Maybe I'm still newbie. What's a role fisher? is it a scumtell?
Role fishers are people who try to get others to claim. They are usually scum who are trying to find power roles to kill.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #37) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Matt_S »

How you choose to interpret my actions is up to you. And how you interpret everyone's reactions is up to you.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote: Still waiting on Matt's claim.
Judging from the reactions so far(and the three votes on me) I'd say most people don't want me to claim, or are at least afraid to come forward after my "double reverse psychology with a twist". But I am curious. Do you think that you could actually get a large bandwagon on me? Because right now I have three votes, and people aren't exactly piling on. If you still wish to pursue me, put together a strong case and I may claim early. Otherwise, I may have an alternative.
Andycyca wrote:
armlx wrote:Sounds like Matt is trying to bluff us into not pursuing it further. Not buying it.
Agree, why shouldn't he claim?
Why
should
I claim? If you think I'm suspicious, then vote for me. If you're role fishing, then be a little more covert next time.
Unvote, Vote Andycyca
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #39) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Matt_S »

RossWilliam wrote:
unvote, vote: Matt_S

willing to give you the pressure you want
So, do you actually find me suspicious, or are you just eager to get a claim? How about RossWilliam for an alternative wagon?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote: 0 – Strange that even though he give an airtight case for thinking im town, that he would FoS me. Seems like he is just going with the flow a bit. The rest of his post is fair enough.
The reasons I defended you and the reasons I FoSed you were different. I FoSed you because of the way you interacted with Khelvaster.
1- Last phrase is indicative of playing the newbie card.
I never intended it to be taken that way, hence the crying smiley, but I can see why you'd think this.
5- A weird post all round. I cant make any sense of it. He takes a FoS off me, on the grounds that more people are bandwagonning. But wait a cotton-picking minute! An FoS doesn’t count towards a bandwagon! :o
Im reading distancing from a mislynch and bailing from a hot wagon all over this…
I think I said this later, but I read part of one game where someone was under suspicion for quietly following a bandwagon with an FoS.
8- Logical post. Townie points here.
I couldn't agree more :)
28- Lynch happy.
You mean bandwagon happy. I wanted to put pressure on someone who would reply.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
stuff
this does not make you sound less scummy to me. 0.o
more stuff
No i mean Lynch happy. You wanted to vote for someone who you could conceivably get a claim from, and hence, lynch.

BM
No matter who you are, it's good to not have a rope around your neck. As for the second part, I guess you can interpret it however you want.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Unvote

A reread of Rosso Carne reminded me that I haven't liked anything he's done so far.
stop talking about the cult recruiter. he's dead, and now there is no cult.

the next person who talks about the cult recruiter as if its going to help the town to do so is going to be personally murdered.
meh, im not sure about the whole failed recruit thing. it seems like more of an SK mode of killing to me.
shotgunned strikes me as very vig-like.
First, telling people to stop speculating. Second, speculating about the recruiter's death. Third, speculating on the shotgun kill. Each one individually I didn't find that bad, but put together he seems to be fairly inconsistent.
Vote Rosso Carne
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Rosso Carne wrote:here.

still happy.
Any response to suspicion towards you?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Am I the only one who is getting fed up with Rosso Carne?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:Everyone is, we just live with it.
I see two possible meanings in this
1. I complain too much, which I agree with.
2. We shouldn't be suspicious of him, which I disagree with.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (isolation #46) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I think I'll
unvote
since people don't seem to worry about Rosso Carne. I do think I'll
Vote Andycyca
for the role fishing other people and I have mentioned.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Can we get back to relevant discussion please? Like who's scum? I believe the most recent subjects were Lloyd and Antithesis. I dislike Lloyd's lack of seriousness. However, I believe that Antithesis is a shy townie. Or something.

BTW, I'd support a retractable deadline.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #48) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Matt_S »

farside22 wrote:
Can we get back to relevant discussion please? Like who's scum? I believe the most recent subjects were Lloyd and Antithesis. I dislike Lloyd's lack of seriousness. However, I believe that Antithesis is a shy townie. Or something.
Are we forgeting Killa seven who never answered anyone's questions and fell off the face of the internet?
Mod:
prod killa seven please.

@Battle Mage: lolwut?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #49) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Matt_S »

[quote="Battle Mage"]Matt, what about my FoS dont you understand?[/quote]
The part where you FoSed me for referring to Antithesis's lack of votes as shyness.

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Hi.

Vote: Battle Mage

Give me some time to do a reread.[/quote]

lolwut?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #50) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Whoa, settle down. So, killa seven, any scum hunting that you'd like to do?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (isolation #51) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Can we get back to relevant discussion please? Like who's scum?
Anxious to see something happen. Often something i am guilty of as scum.
MattS wrote: I believe the most recent subjects were Lloyd and Antithesis.
Subjects?
Do you find these players scummy, or do you just want to see more pressure on them because they arent your scumbuddies?
However, I believe that Antithesis is a shy townie. Or something.
If you think he is town, why are you suggesting that more people vote for him?
Or something?! wtf?

BM
1. Using your meta to come to conclusions about me?
2. Subjects of discussion. As in "change your quote" arguments don't move the game forward. I'm trying to get things back on track.
3. I don't remember ever telling people to vote for him. "Or something" refers to other explanations of Antithesis's behavior other than being a shy townie, which was largely sarcasm.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I dislike Lloyd's proxy vote very much. It seems like an excuse to lurk since the vote will still be moving around.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #53) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Matt_S »

Question: Why are we pursuing killa seven over people like Rosso Carne?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (isolation #54) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Matt_S »

So are we letting Rosso Carne off because he's naturally unhelpful? I don't oppose the killa seven wagon, but I don't see why that's the best choice.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #55) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:So are we letting Rosso Carne off because he's naturally unhelpful? I don't oppose the killa seven wagon, but I don't see why that's the best choice.
its called a meta. If it makes u feel better, ill pbpa him in a sec.

BM
This sounds condescending. You make me sad.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

Khelvaster wrote:
Imat wrote:Ok, not that everyone has the same opinion, but I'm really getting tired of people hiding behind the Meta. How people play the game takes a conscious effort. Therefore its not all too difficult to change the way you play. There's no possible way you can disregard Scumminess on the wisdom that "This is just how they play." So What? If thats how they play, lynch them every game. Scumminess should not and can not be ignored because thats just how they play. If they're lynched for playing like that, lesson learned. If not, we come to this situation where they could act as Scummy as they want and people will DEFEND them. Meta is NO excuse not to lynch. For all of you who believe Meta is equivalent to the Bible of Mafia, you're only making it harder for the Town to win. So please, lose the Meta idea that seven and Rosso, or any other player for that matter, are untouchable, it should not be considered at all in this lynch. And, back to my comment that play style can change: If they play as Town and act a certain way, whats stopping them from acting that same way as Scum with the knowledge that people will see this and say "Hey, they must be Town again." The only the holding them back is their own intelligence, and to insult that would be condescending. In other words, they ain't dumb, don't treat them as such.

And armlx, what about those two comments makes them "Good posting?" Do you have nothing of your own to add?
Wow...this is the most manipulative post I've seen. Ever. You are trying to convince us that, in this game, it's best to lynch someone who we believe is town so that in other games those people will act better. I don't buy it. You're chasing a quicklynch.

Vote: Imat
I agree with Imat to an extent. It's bad to let someone scummy go just because they are always scummy. Of course, they don't have to be lynched Day 1, but I can't fathom allowing Rosso Carne and killa seven to make it to the end game.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Matt_S »

@Anyone with a killa seven meta: What does he act like when he is scum? Is it any different, or is a killa seven lynch basically always random?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (isolation #58) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Matt_S »

not vig, laptop charger broken, posting from Wii, lynch killa seven.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (isolation #59) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Matt_S »

Assuming Albert can count properly,
unvote, vote killa seven
. Even if killa seven can decide his kill method, that doesn't prove the protown part.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (isolation #60) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Matt_S »

Sorry to double post, but my replacement laptop ac adaptor magically arrived in 1 day instead of 4-6!
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm looking at Peers for tomorrow. His last two posts are perfect to explain my suspicions.
Peers wrote:
Vote: killa

Yeah, I'll join the wagon. Let's see if we can get a worth-while claim out of this.
He was questioned a lot on what would be a worthwhile claim, yet he never answered. And it sounds like he's only wagoning in order to get a claim.
Peers wrote:
armlx wrote:We still have a week to talk people, no need to lynch right now.
Translation: "Hey, maybe if you guys ignore my scumbuddy you'll convince people to lynch a hapless town role instead", right?
Translation: "I can't let this guy hunt more scum or I'll be dead tomorrow!"
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (isolation #62) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage: Why are you so sure that Lloyd is scum?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (isolation #63) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Matt_S »

If killa's next post doesn't contain his supposed flavor, I'll be very unhappy.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (isolation #64) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:We are still looking for a replacement. Deadline is still in 3 days.
Request Deadline Postponement till a Replacement is found.

BM
2nd.
3rd. Don't need any more dead power roles.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Matt_S »

It must suck replacing into a game where everyone's ready to kill you.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Matt_S »

andersonw wrote:Oh gosh, I go to New York for a few days and I have like 10 more pages to read through. Could someone maybe give me the important highlights? What did killa seven do to get a bunch of people voting for him?
I'll try to read through this tomorrow, when I'm not feeling so groggy.
Killa was scummy, we put pressure, he claimed vig, he claimed the throat slashing, real vig counterclaimed, serial killer about to be lynched.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (isolation #67) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm wrote:I have no reason to believe he is scum a have not looked at a single of his posts yet.

It was more of a joke seeing as the alternative is me.
Oh sure, suggest a random target for the vig.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (isolation #68) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Matt_S »

killa seven wrote:why not use me to kill who u guys want to kill :) vig 2 summy people instead of one. both of us cant be role blocked.
Because you're dead anyways. You have no incentive to help us, so we have no incentive to help you.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (isolation #69) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Matt_S »

Nemesis wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I have no reason to believe he is scum a have not looked at a single of his posts yet.

It was more of a joke seeing as the alternative is me.
Oh sure, suggest a random target for the vig.
1: It was pretty much a joke.

2: Given a choice between choosing to die when you are 100% sure you are town vs lynching someone you are not 100% sure is town, it would take someone pretty suicidal to favour their own death.
The point is that he refused to actually scumhunt.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm openly refused to scumhunt today. I think I was pretty nice about that.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (isolation #71) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Matt_S »

Matt_S wrote:I'm looking at Peers for tomorrow. His last two posts are perfect to explain my suspicions.
Peers wrote:

Yeah, I'll join the wagon. Let's see if we can get a worth-while claim out of this.
He was questioned a lot on what would be a worthwhile claim, yet he never answered. And it sounds like he's only wagoning in order to get a claim.
Peers wrote:
Translation: "Hey, maybe if you guys ignore my scumbuddy you'll convince people to lynch a hapless town role instead", right?
Yeah, I've convinced myself.
Vote Peers
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (isolation #72) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Matt_S »

Rosso Carne wrote:
vote: Battlemage

So, I'm sorry to everyone i blew up at about the cult. I figured I'd throw my power out there night 1 and got a guilty on BM.
Have you read anything? At all?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (isolation #73) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Matt_S »

BM claimed miller on the first page.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Matt_S »

And double wtf.
3) Tarhalindur, Cop, Shot Night 0
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Matt_S »

I've got to clear this up now. Rosso, are you our backup cop who claimed after getting a guilty on the claimed miller?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:i think Rosso might be claiming Cult Cop. Or at least i hope he is. :D
Thats what I assume as well.
It would be a lot less frustrating if Rosso were to actually say that.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Matt_S »

I also want to hear from Rosso. As well as Xtoxm.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (isolation #78) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I can't believe that Rosso is actually town. If he is town, he either missed the whole miller thing, or thought it was irrelevant to cult investigations. I'd imagine miller roles would say something vague like "you show up as guilty", so I'd think cult cops would view it as guilty as well.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (isolation #79) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm disliking the BM/Nemesis conversation. I'm getting vibes from Nemesis that seem to be saying "I know BM is town."
Nemesis wrote:I am saying that the mafia saw what you didn't seem to have seen
It gives me a bad feeling.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (isolation #80) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm really starting to dislike Nemesis's "I saved the vig" defense.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (isolation #81) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Matt_S »

You keep finding stuff I say to dislike. My disclaimer here is when I said "it probably had no effect at all". Keep searching though, I'm sure you'll find something.
You aren't using logic. You admit that it probably did nothing to help the vig, yet you are still using it to defend yourself. I find that scummy. And I don't have to keep searching, because I've already seen enough.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (isolation #82) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Matt_S »

Vote Rosso Carne
. Not having an investigation Night 0 is just dumb. And he says BM ought to be vigged for being scum, yet he's voting for him on the premise that he's cult. Nothing about his play makes sense.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (isolation #83) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Matt_S »

Forgot to unvote.
Unvote, vote Rosso Carne
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (isolation #84) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:Also, i need to decide who i'm gonna hide with tonight...
lolwut?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (isolation #85) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Matt_S »

You really confuse me a lot sometimes. :?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (isolation #86) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:You really confuse me a lot sometimes. :?
i claimed Miller-Hider yeh?
So i need to hide somewhere tonight, preferably with someone who isnt gonna be Vigged.

Kapish?

BM
Your fatal flaw was thinking I'd read all of your long posts.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (isolation #87) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Matt_S »

Yeah, I'm 100% down with this lynch.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (isolation #88) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Matt_S »

I want to know why people are against the Rosso lynch.
Srsly, it looks like a sure lynch to me.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (isolation #89) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Matt_S »

I really, really don't get how "Rosso has done the exact same thing in the past" isn't convincing. Same goes for claiming to have investigated in alphabetical order, yet investigating armlx first. And the whole BM is a claimed miller, so he should show up guilty to investigations. It's not that I don't have doubts about Rosso being scum. It's that lynching Rosso scum helps us more than letting Rosso town live. Of course, if you find any obvscum, I may switch my vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (isolation #90) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Matt_S »

Imat wrote:Here's why I thought Rosso's response to the wagon on him was good: He didn't mindlessly attack another player in order to save himself. I've seen Scum do it plenty before. I felt his response of "I tried to claim, I tried to help, but people still went after me" was more Town than Scum, though I suppose thats opinion isn't it.
I lol'd considering Rosso claimed just to try to get BM lynched.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (isolation #91) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Alright. I think RC is town, and I think approximately 13 of you are wrong. But I'm outvoted, so moving on.
Lol, appeal to majority. "I'm against this wagon, but I will distance myself from it while simultaneously giving it my consent."
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (isolation #92) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Matt_S »

killa seven wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Alright. I think RC is town, and I think approximately 13 of you are wrong. But I'm outvoted, so moving on.
Lol, appeal to majority. "I'm against this wagon, but I will distance myself from it while simultaneously giving it my consent."
im against the agon also.
also you lol'ing at him for not joining the wagon without providing much, is the same as u hopin on the wagon and not providing your own views.
You seem to have missed the part where I listed a ton of reasons why I think Rosso is scum. And the part where I called TSPN out for straddling the fence, not for being against the wagon. And the part where I accused him of quitting just because people disagreed. I think there's more I can bring up, but I'll just
FOS killa seven
for that weak defense of TSPN which seems an awful lot like a strawman.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Matt_S tripped my scumdar a little bit yesterday, and just now, I find the "rosso claimed just to get bm lynched" curious. You know that, matt? For a fact? How do you know? Also, you read the last couple pages again and tell me "I'm giving this wagon my consent." Nothing would make me happier than for people like you to unvote.
Because he claimed when he alleged to have a guilty on Battle Mage
. How can you possibly argue against that? Srsly! And how are you not giving the wagon your consent when you stop searching for an alternative?
FOS TheSweatpantsNinja
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (isolation #93) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:WIFOM
Other than that, all I can say is that it ignores the possibility that Rosso is acting without consulting his partners, or that Rosso is the cult recruit.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:There was supposed to be a sentence that read,
Unvote, vote matt_s
at the bottom of that instead of a bunch of empty space.
I'd OMGUS vote you, except that looks kind of like what you're doing now.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (isolation #94) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Matt_S »

So Rossoscum apparently relies on Rosso being abysmally stupid. If he's town, then he investigated the claimed miller. Tell me that's not abysmally stupid. I have no intention of further fighting the WIFOM defense of Rosso. Why? Because it's WIFOM.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (isolation #95) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Matt_S »

This game has random mafia kill methods, including poison. So poison killing isn't necessarily a cult thing. However, given that we still have three kills after lynching the serial killer, something's definitely up. The cult recruit having a kill would explain pretty much everything.

On another note, I was debating with myself whether to go back to Peers, or follow through with my suspicions on killa seven or TheSweatpantsNinja. Given that killa seven does seem to be naturally scummy, I'll leave him alone for now. And since I fear a chain of OMGUS if I vote TheSweatpantsNinja now, I'll
Vote Peers
. He slipped away when Rosso's lynching came up. For your convenience, my initial points against him:
Matt_S wrote:
Matt_S wrote:I'm looking at Peers for tomorrow. His last two posts are perfect to explain my suspicions.
Peers wrote:

Peers wrote:
Yeah, I've convinced myself.
Vote Peers
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (isolation #96) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:Chain of OMGUS? I dont understand.
I vote TheSweatpantsNinja, he votes me. Killa seven also votes me to be consistent with his stance yesterday. Then I vote killa seven. People start getting mad at me, I vote them, etc.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (isolation #97) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Matt_S »

killa seven wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Chain of OMGUS? I dont understand.
I vote TheSweatpantsNinja, he votes me. Killa seven also votes me to be consistent with his stance yesterday. Then I vote killa seven. People start getting mad at me, I vote them, etc.
you sound guilty, i never voted you or fo'd you, i only called you out on one thing. you look very scummy at the moment. i dont remember you voting for me yesterday, dont confuse killa sven 1 with killa seven 2 thank you.
I'm telling a story of what will happen, not of what already did happen. I'm free to add any creativity I want to prophecies.
Battle Mage wrote:Mind you, fear of confrontation is kinda scummy Matt...
Then vote for me. Just because I don't think voting for TheSweatpantsNinja now will lead to anything constructive doesn't mean I'm afraid of confrontation. OMGUS voting is hardly real confrontation anyways. It's just a distraction.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (isolation #98) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
dahill1 wrote:upon rereading khelvaster (animorph), he was always wishy washy about BM. one post he would be defending BM, the next attacking him.
Indeed, and I am EXTREMELY leery of the Miller/Hider claim, that's the kind of claim that's just tooooo scummalicious.

The Miller/Hider claim explains two of the problems that scum might encounter in a game. The first problem is that they may be investigated and found guilty. Conveniently, BM declared himself a miller. The second problem is that the scum must explain his continued survival night after night. This is especially important if we have living vig, and the miller doesn't get nigthkilled and continues to live. So "hider" and "miller" makes a perfect combo for a scum claim.

Also, I see BM is very active and scheming. That's his scum persona, not his town persona.

The Miller/Hider claim is the real clincher. I don't believe it. I believe that BM is just plain scum.

vote: Battle Mage
Please 'splain Rosso's guilty on him first.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (isolation #99) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Dear dahill1,
Matt_S wrote:Please 'splain Rosso's guilty on him first.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (isolation #100) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Duh, BM is scum?

Like Goofball says.
You made a lot of points about BM being mafia though, such as his survival during the night. There's no way for the mafia to know BM's a cultie, so BM not getting killed is hardly evidence against him.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (isolation #101) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I also really want to hear matt_s' explanation as to why I'm scum.
I could swear I already explained this.
1. You said that you thought Rosso was town, but you gave up on defending Rosso, instead looking for a vig target. Implicit consent and distancing at the same time.
2. Your defense for Rosso not being scum is that he wasn't insanely stupid. Yet Rosso did something insanely stupid. You didn't respond to this point yesterday.
3. You argued that Rosso didn't necessarily want to get BM lynched. Which makes no sense.[/list]
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (isolation #102) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: 1. Show me the part where I "gave up." Sure looks to me like I argued the whole way, while also discussing the vig target, because that was also important. I didn't "consent" to that wagon, whatever that means.

2. You misread my argument. Go back and read it again. My point was that in order for him to be scum, he'd have had to been insanely stupid. I wouldn't have defined rosso's claim as insanely stupid. It was inattentive and involved a misunderstanding of how the miller role functioned in the game. But even if you do, insanely stupid things aren't the province of scum alone.

3. I argued that you were assuming quite a bit about the motivations of someone you nominally thought to be lying. I agree, RC, as pro-town, was trying to get BM lynched. But to assume, as you supposed, that RC was scum (and lying), just to get BM lynched, that seems a stretch. It doesn't even make sense for scum to do that.
1. You said, "Alright. I think RC is town, and I think approximately 13 of you are wrong. But I'm outvoted, so moving on. " In other words, you said Rosso was town but you're giving up.
2. Rosso investigating the miller is insanely stupid in my opinion. One of the only real defenses of Rosso is that he'd have to be insanely stupid to be scum. He was insanely stupid. Therefore, there was no reason to believe he wasn't scum.
3. Rosso. Insanely stupid. Need I say more?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (isolation #103) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Matt_S »

Peers wrote:Gah, wrong game. 'Pologies.
Lolwait, did you just go back to lurking after that accidental post?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (isolation #104) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Matt_S »

EBWOP: Active lurking is probably a better term, since you acknowledged our existence and openly denied us content.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (isolation #105) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Are you kidding me? He hasn't even made a case. He's still telling us why RC was scum! What I see are people still so convinced they were right yesterday, that they suspect me for having a better read on rc than they did.
You don't really seem to get it. Your argument that you had a better read on him is crap. You could have just guessed that he was town, or you're scum who knew he was town. I'm going with door number 2.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:PS: You're still misreading my argument. Try again.
Then please explain it in words rather than just assuming that I can read minds. Because unfortunately I can't.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (isolation #106) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:In order for RC to be town, he'd have had to merely made one wrong assumption: that a miller would come up innocent to a cult cop. Was that assumption wrong?
Assuming he even noticed that Battle Mage claimed miller. Either way, I consider it to be an insanely stupid move.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:But even if you say that it was insanely stupid for a cop to claim a guilty result in that scenario, what makes insanely stupid people more likely to be scum?
You haven't even been listening, have you? The only thing that could be used to defend Rosso was your little argument of "scum would have to be stupid".
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Anyway, if you follow matt's ideas, you may as well lynch anyone who opposes someone else's lynch. So hop on those bandwagons, townies and scum! They'll never suspect you, even if you lynch a claimed cop!
Only your reasons were crap.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1814 (isolation #107) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I'm getting sick of this constant back and forth without you actually answering, so I'll give you one post to actually answer my 1st point before I switch my vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (isolation #108) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Your first point is incorrect. I didn't give up. And even if I had, it was pretty clear that RC was going to get lynched, so, what if I had? And even if that wasn't the case, why would that make me scum?
Oh wow, I'm incorrect? Your evidence is compelling. You said you were moving on. Do I need to define "moving on" for you? When you say you think someone is town, but you're moving on, is there any interpretation other than "I'm not going to stop this wagon"? If you believed Rosso was town, why didn't you try to defend him until the end instead of moving on to vig candidates? And I'll say it again: You were occupying an ambiguous stance so you could always be partly right. If Rosso had turned up scum, you could get away with saying "good job" since you were going to stop defending him, and if you were town you could say "I was right" (which you did say). A townie would have no reason to do such a thing. Scum would have plenty of reasons to not be caught on the wrong side of a wagon.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:And an argument of "scum have no reason to behave this way" is actually sort of more than little.
Except we already showed that Rosso had no idea what he was doing. You could make the exact argument of "town have no reason to behave this way".
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (isolation #109) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:You might notice that I still continued to argue why RC was town for the rest of the day.
After I called you out.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: As scum, wouldn't I know whether or not I was right? Isn't that what you were arguing? That my arguments sucked, so I must be scum because no townie could think like I did? So, which is it? Did I know RC was town or didn't I?
You knew he wasn't mafia. He still could have turned up cult.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: Indeed you might. You'd be wrong, because RC's play fit perfectly into the profile of a townie who wasn't paying attention, but you might. And even if that were true, if RC's play made no sense as town or scum, you(they, we) shouldn't have lynched someone strictly on the basis of irrational play. You might as well lynch every absent player, or every VI.
Who says it was strictly because of irrational play? Rosso couldn't remember his investigations, and he claimed to be going in alphabetical order. Rosso sounded like he was making things up as he went. And he never made a remotely convincing case for him being town.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (isolation #110) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I still don't even see how you could read "moving on" within that post as "giving my consent."
Because you moved past defending Rosso. It's not nearly as complicated as you think.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I'm not sure what I would have to gain as scum from distancing myself from the wagon by discussing vig targets.
Your distancing from the wagon was when you said that you thought Rosso was town, not the discussing the vig targets.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:What would I have had to gain from distancing myself slightly from the wagon, even if that was what I was doing?
You wouldn't want to fully support the wagon in case Rosso turned up town.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:So rosso was scum too dumb to bother to consider what his claimed investigation results would be? I can't believe any even cared what the reason for his N0 choice was.
I didn't care why he made his N0 choice. It's the fact that he wasn't telling the truth about it.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:What is your position on vigging BM?
It's a waste of a kill.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (isolation #111) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:And what would scum have to gain from lying about it?
I never said Rosso intentionally lied about it. I saw it as Rosso getting caught on his mistake.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:If you had discussed the vig targets, would you be distancing yourself from the rc wagon you were on?
It's not about the discussing vig targets, it's about the not defending Rosso.
Imat wrote:I disagree here. I think it could easily confirm BM's role. Also, the way the Vigs have been going lately tells us we need to change something. I'd say that this is actually the most logical use of the Vig tonight, or at least the safest.
I think we'd have a better outcome trying to hit mafia than testing Battle Mage.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1897 (isolation #112) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Ten points for whoever notices what's wrong with that statement.
Accidentally lying is still lyning.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:There were twelve votes on him, and farside had indicated that she was willing to hammer. Everyone had heard my defense, and there wasn't anything new worth adding at the time. You are simply wrong, and I'm not entirely certain if you're just being foolhardy or pretending to be.
The only defense you gave was "scum wouldn't do that." While we will continue to disagree on how strong that defense was, there certainly was more you could do if you believed Rosso was town.

Can we lynch Peers now?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (isolation #113) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Matt_S »

[quote="Matt_S"]Accidentally lying is still lying. [/quote]
Dictionary.com is trying to disagree with me, but I still stand by this. But if it makes people feel better, replace "lying" with "not telling the truth".

KaleiÐoscøpe, what do you think about Peers?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (isolation #114) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Like what?
Hmm, maybe referencing some of Rosso's posts day 1 that fit the way an investigator would act? Or perhaps pointing out Rosso's dislike of cult discussion and using that as evidence that he was in fact a cult cop? And you could always find posts where Rosso seemed to be suspicious of BM and would lead to him being investigated.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:And matt, am I to understand you that you would have lynched him for accidentally lying about whether or not armlx is the first name in the alphabet?
I thought the source of the falsehood was Rosso being under pressure to come up with a reason. When that reason turned out to be false, Rosso never responded with an explanation.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (isolation #115) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Matt_S »

Peers wrote:
armlx wrote:This is not productive posting.
Oddly enough, neither was that.

And coming from me, that means something.
Way to avoid productive posting yourself. I've yet to see anything from you that makes me rethink my vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (isolation #116) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Toaster Strudel wrote:I really hate this post of his:
"I think I'll unvote since people don't seem to worry about Rosso Carne. I do think I'll Vote Andycyca for the role fishing other people and I have mentioned. "
Why of course, I unvote somebody who people have a meta on. And then I vote someone for rolefishing. What do you dislike about my post?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (isolation #117) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Matt_S »

BM wrote:If you guys could please comment on my ultimatum to CKD, thatd be great.
I'll keep your idea in mind for tomorrow, but deciding a lynch before the day begins is stupid.

Still waiting for Peers to do something protown.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1996 (isolation #118) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
BM wrote:If you guys could please comment on my ultimatum to CKD, thatd be great.
I'll keep your idea in mind for tomorrow, but deciding a lynch before the day begins is stupid.

Still waiting for Peers to do something protown.
You haven't commented on my reasons for believing him to be town - Why do you discard it?
Because in my opinion he has done too little for the town to make up for that. Besides, scum would also want as few people as possible to make informed vig choices. It looks to be a weak town tell, if that.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (isolation #119) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm wrote:I disagree, I think it's advantagoues to scum to know hwere the kill's going...BM's case is an exception cause if he lives he's cleared. But generally, I don't think announcing targets is a good idea at all.
Yeah, it's bad when the scum know who'll get killed, but it's good when an informed town is helping make the vig choices. Of course, even when people make suggestions, the vig always has the final say, so scum will never fully know who will be vigged.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (isolation #120) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

Peers wrote:
Vote: The SweatPants Ninja
Wow, way to give reasons. Good job there, you must be town after that awesomely persuasive case.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2020 (isolation #121) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Matt_S »

Peers wrote:I offer some input. Just not as much as everyone else.

To be honest, tho? I think one of BM, TS, and CKD is scum... but only one. Their interactions are too 'real' to be part of a smokescreen... at least, based on other games I've been in with them.
You still didn't explain your vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2041 (isolation #122) » Thu May 01, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Matt_S »

Peers wrote:
Matt_S wrote:You still didn't explain your vote.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I forget to give you something you could twist into using against me? My mistake. I forgot you needed people to give you rope to hang them with, and couldn't get any of your own.
It's generally customary to provide reasons why you're trying to get someone killed. Not giving reasons is about the most hurtful thing you can do for yourself.

So, what does everyone think about Peers?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2050 (isolation #123) » Thu May 01, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm wrote:I've said I think he's town. He's not looking like scum to me.

The quoted post by armlx sounds like "If BM is cult, he should be allowed to live because he killed the mafia" - I disagree with that.
I'd like more opinions though, since I think the other arguments are getting more attention because of the big posts and big people involved.

And I think armlx is actually saying that BM wouldn't have gone for animorph/Khelvaster if BMcultpoisoner wanted to crosskill mafia.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (isolation #124) » Fri May 02, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Matt_S »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
killa seven wrote: why arent we lynching matt s, he has a guilty conscious that screams scum.
Truly, this is a mystery to me as well.
If Peers turns up scum, then I'll look at you next, and if you're scum then I'll look at killa seven, too.

If I vote for CKD, will you all finally comment on Peers?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2111 (isolation #125) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
armlx wrote:Deflecting is the act of trying to shift attention from yourself onto easy wagons.
In my experience, deflection is a null-tell. I'm often accused of it.
Deflection is not a null tell, but it is a tell that is easily abused by scum pushing a wagon. However, TSN's string of senseless accusations definitely qualifies in my book as it.
Does this mean you don't find Peers scummy?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (isolation #126) » Sun May 04, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Matt_S »

Now that I've gotten an opinion on Peers, I'll give my opinion on the BM/CKD/TS trio.

Testing BM sounds like a waste of a vigging, but I'm very curious why BM can't explain his alternate test. I also don't know how there's even an alternate way for a hider to be confirmed.
CKD seems to really want BM tested. I can see this pointing to scum or town. If he's scum, then he wants BMcult dead. If he's town, then he wants BMcult dead or BM town confirmed. I'm tempted to go with the latter, since mafia can kill the cult on their own, but confirming a townie would suck.
TS seems to want t forgo the testing and just lynch BM. I can understand this position, but it also seems to be the scummiest of the three.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2115 (isolation #127) » Sun May 04, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Matt_S »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Matt_S wrote:TS seems to want t forgo the testing and just lynch BM. I can understand this position, but it also seems to be the scummiest of the three.
OK, I change my mind, you're right.

Let's use a vig shot to confirm a miller that turned up guilty by the cult cop.

It's a fab idea, I don't know what I was thinking.
Is there any reason that a miller wouldn't turn up guilty to a cult cop? a.k.a., do you know of any games where a miller showed up innocent to a cult cop? Because common sense seems to support millers always giving out a guilty to sane cops.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2136 (isolation #128) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Matt_S »

TS, stop distracting me with your scumminess. Peers is the one who must die, not you. You can die tomorrow. I'd bet a nickel that you're scum, but I've got a quarter on Peers already.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2140 (isolation #129) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm wrote:
Matt_S wrote:TS, stop distracting me with your scumminess. Peers is the one who must die, not you. You can die tomorrow. I'd bet a nickel that you're scum, but I've got a quarter on Peers already.
Why do you want Peers to die?
Because I think he's scum?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2142 (isolation #130) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Matt_S »

I've seen maybe 2 posts by Peers where he adds anything that could be considered useful. I quoted two of his scummy posts, then requoted them yesterday, and rerequoted them today. Plus, he still hasn't explained his empty vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (isolation #131) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm not going to be able to do anything terribly important for a week since it's about time I studied for my other AP tests. I'll still keep up with things, you just won't see me.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (isolation #132) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Matt_S »

Skitzer, stop being stupid.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (isolation #133) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

I disapprove of the skitzer wagon. I approve of the Peers wagon.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (isolation #134) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm wrote:
Matt_S wrote:I disapprove of the skitzer wagon. I approve of the Peers wagon.
I've gathered you approve of Peers ;)

Why do you not like skitzer wagon?
Because skitzer's not Peers. And other things as well which I'll keep a secret.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (isolation #135) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Matt_S »

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. Skitzer's not scum.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (isolation #136) » Fri May 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Matt_S »

killa seven wrote:im not gonna ride the skitzer wagon im waitin for the matt s wagon :)
Why does this not surprise me? I called this at the beginning of the day.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (isolation #137) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Matt_S »

Mod:
Prod Peers please.

I'm not going to switch to the dahill wagon, because I haven't seen a convincing case other than his meta, yet I've seen him lynched in another game as town where he played pretty much the same way. So I still support Peers, TheSweatpantsNinja, and killa seven being made dead, in that order preferably.

As for a massclaim, I'm neutral leaning slightly against. I think it's a little too early.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (isolation #138) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Mod:
Prod Peers please.

I'm not going to switch to the dahill wagon, because I haven't seen a convincing case other than his meta, yet I've seen him lynched in another game as town where he played pretty much the same way. So I still support Peers, TheSweatpantsNinja, and killa seven being made dead, in that order preferably.

As for a massclaim, I'm neutral leaning slightly against. I think it's a little too early.
His meta? who said that? where?

I thought id already posted this case-when i originally voted for him. I'll hook it out in a sec if it ever existed...

BM
armlx said that dahill's not playing the way he expects dahilltown to play. And all you did was say that his posts were scummy when you voted him.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (isolation #139) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Lollercoaster. I just spotted something. I couldve sworn i thought Dahill was town earlier, but upon a reread of his posts in isolation, i'm seeing SCUM written all over him.

Unvote, Vote: Dahill1

Let the bandwagon roll!

BM
ah ok, apparently all i posted was this. But, i suggest you all do a pbpa of Dahill's posts, and i'll do the same, and we'll all come together with our findings! :D

BM
K, but I'm a little uncomfortable after a dahill mislynch in another game.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (isolation #140) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Matt_S »

dahill1 wrote:hey everyone i'm the replacement
can somone tell me briefly why everyone is voting for lloyd and/or the "highlights" so far
Doesn't want to read the game. Bad.
dahill1 wrote:haha well i'll read first then vote
Decides to get busy and read.
dahill1 wrote:i'll agree i want killa seven to be more active in his responses instead of just "yea" "lol" etc.
so for now
Vote: Killa Seven

killa seven--who do you think are scum? please explain! if you give a reasonable answer i'll consider unvoting you
Looking at the times of his early posts, I'd say dahill hadn't done much reading yet. Also his vote is very... odd. Do something protown and I may unvote you.
dahill1 wrote:so you're saying that if we don't post at least paragraph for votes we're automatically scum?
the "policy" should be as long as you have a good reason...quality is better than quantity
Not game related, really.
dahill1 wrote:antithesis--that was my fault. i believe someone said that in another game i'm in and mixed it up. sorry!
Not game related
dahill1 wrote:EBWOP: now i'm re-reading my post and i see that it was my response to Post 765
Figures out that he was talking about this game, even though it's not relevant to catching scum
dahill1 wrote:i like how i'm not on either list
a good thing?
Not scumhunting
dahill1 wrote:because you suck..

scum
lol
dahill1 wrote:maybe he's saying that he is a miller and millers should stick together (like masons), so your vote is his vote?
Still not scumhunting.
dahill1 wrote:well he could still lurk with a vote, but you're right no vote gives him an excuse somewhat
I believe this post is agreeing with me. It's easy to pretend to scumhunt when someone else does the work.
dahill1 wrote:lloyd,
can you explain the whole miller mason thing?
and also what do you think BM will do with your vote
First question has a purpose. The second question is stupid.
dahill1 wrote:
Lloyd wrote:dahill1, I'll explain what you are asking another time, but not now.
hmm interesting
i feel compelled to trust you for some reason
so i will for now
"Hmm, I need a reason to switch my stance off this guy. Oh I know! I trust him!"
dahill1 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:odds are the pressure is being fueled by at least 1 scumbag
QFT hadn't thought of that
agreeing
dahill1 wrote:why not claim now?
He says something logical, but scum like claims as well
dahill1 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
dahill1 wrote:why not claim now?
noted
i was just pointing out, he said he will claim 3 days before deadline, so what difference does it make between now and then?
See above
dahill1 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:it should also be noted that a stupid vig (and I have made his mistake before) is still a town vig and if he is lying then the real vig will kill him tonight..so killa seven is not the lynch today.
*sigh*
unvote
just following someone else's logic
dahill1 wrote:killa seven,
if you are truly a vig, then vig yourself.
Not helping
dahill1 wrote:it was a joke
Not helping
dahill1 wrote:
farside22 wrote:Vig
Nano targeted JDGA and no I don't know why since I didn't do it. I only have a shotgun to use as the vig. Please get rid of Killa now.
PS. I can try and summarize the flavor text if needed.
woah there!
vote killa seven

also not vig
This is what anybody would do. no points 4 u
dahill1 wrote:because you're killa seven, and she's farside

and also if you're lying and we tell her to kill you at night, you'll get in an extra kill
This, too, is what anyone would do.
dahill1 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
killa seven wrote:farside is lying, id like to hear who she killed and why. if shes really the vig why not let her kill me at night and have no one protect me and vise versa? and how is her claim more believeable? i coulda lied and said yea i killed the bodyguard no i was truthfull, my kill was against a cult recruiter, and if their is a cult would they be alowwed to kill and with the mafia that would be 3 kills.
what possilbe motivation could she have to lie? if she is lying she would be either vigged tonight, or lynched tomorrow.
major QFT!
Just agreeing again
dahill1 wrote:i think its more than 50/50 that there's a SK (serial killer) since there were three kills on the first night. what everyone is arguing about now is whether or not killa seven is the SK. and if farside is lying as well or not.
so far, the main case is that killa seven is the SK because they usually slit peoples' throats when using the night action, and the vigilante (vig) shotguns people. plus, farside also claimed vig and it is unlikely there are two vigs. also, farside has no reason for lying because the real vig would just kill her the next night. so to conclude, it is generally accepted that killa seven is the SK and should be lynched today.

so vote for killa seven :D
Such basic logic to try and seem helpful.
dahill1 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
dahill1 wrote:i think its more than 50/50 that there's a SK (serial killer) since there were three kills on the first night. what everyone is arguing about now is whether or not killa seven is the SK. and if farside is lying as well or not.
so far, the main case is that killa seven is the SK because they usually slit peoples' throats when using the night action, and the vigilante (vig) shotguns people. plus, farside also claimed vig and it is unlikely there are two vigs. also, farside has no reason for lying because the real vig would just kill her the next night. so to conclude, it is generally accepted that killa seven is the SK and should be lynched today.

so vote for killa seven :D
NOT. YET.

:x

Oh and while i read this, i recalled that this is Jordans first modded Large game, i think. As such, i dont think he would do anything MEGA-crazy...

BM
i meant eventually..i agree we should have more discussion before lynching, and i think TS said he was at L-1 but i'm pretty sure he only has 12 votes right now.
"Oh yes, let's have discussion. I don't want to go first though"
dahill1 wrote:viewtopic.php?p=327817#327817

lloyd proxied his vote to kelly chen, who voted for him twice using both votes. he ended up getting lynched and was a townie
To search for this takes some effort. He gets a few points for this.
dahill1 wrote:
Peers wrote:I get the odd feeling KS isn't getting lynched today and that someone's trying to distract us from it. Why aren't we trying to convince people to hammer him, again?
oh no..he's
definitely
getting lynched today
but we don't want the hammer yet for more conversation
He's not exactly contributing much discussion
dahill1 wrote:
nemesis wrote:
farside22 wrote:
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
armlx wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:We are still looking for a replacement. Deadline is still in 3 days.
Request Deadline Postponement till a Replacement is found.

BM
2nd.
3rd. Don't need any more dead power roles.
4th'd. Not only do we need a possible claim from TLP (or said replacement) discussion, even if the day has been extremely long, is usually good, especially on the track we are going. Also, I support a TS vig if we don't get a claim from TLP and the extension isn't granted.

And, for clarification if a vig is NK'd their kill will not count, but if an SK is NK'd their kill will? Or would the kill count regardless of vig or SK role?
5th request.
If the mod doesn't respon to the extention request I'm leaning towards Lloyd.
6thed.
7th
and also this
Nemesis wrote:If Jesus decended from the heavens and saved you from lynch you'd still get roleblocked, sorry man but you're a dead man walking at the moment
No comment
dahill1 wrote:
killa seven wrote:ive allready accepted my lynch i was just pointing out i could help get rid of who the town wanted and wouldnt go back on my word and if i did u can lynch me tommorow.
i believe this is the bargaining stage
Not helping
dahill1 wrote:
Imat wrote:Gah, I fell behind...I left off at like 2nd for the motion, I need to take all this in. Anything important happen that I missed?
xtoxm replaced tlp and claimed vanilla townie
Kthx.
dahill1 wrote:seconding lloyd for next vig target
What? But you trusted him!!! :(
dahill1 wrote:nthing it then
No Comment.
dahill1 wrote:
Rosso Carne wrote:wait
lets do pies idea.

we all get off k7 aND tonight have him vig himself.

or its almost deadline, so kill him.
i already suggested this, but to no avail
This is just a stupid idea.
dahill1 wrote:i want to hear from Rosso first
then decide who we want to lynch
Well, he sure wants to end the day fast
dahill1 wrote:
Rosso Carne wrote:ok guys.

i definitely claimed cultie cop day 1.

but for all of you who missed it, im cultie cop.
i can't seem to find it..
but why did you investigate BM? wasn't it obvious you'd get a guilty on him?
No comment
dahill1 wrote:
Andycyca wrote:
Peers wrote:So, wait, I'm confused. Is 'cultie cop' a cop who's a member of a cult, or a cop who determines if someone is in a cult? If the former, we need to lynch Rosso eventually, but after he helps us find the scum, right? If the latter... we need to lynch BM because there's a good chance he's the cult recruiter, not a mason, right?

It seems too simple, there must be something I'm missing.
2nd
3rd i'm basically just confused about this whole situation
No comment.
dahill1 wrote:i'm kind of confused again..why are people hesitant to believe RC would be lying?
is it because of just general scumminess or something else?
Doesn't understand why his mislynch is taking so long.
dahill1 wrote:Dear BM and Nemesis,
armlx wrote:Seriously, just quote the line.
Please!!!!!
Thank you, that is all.
--dahill1

P.S.
Not helping
dahill1 wrote:
vote rosso carne
seems a little strange how he would forget his n0 investigation, then say it was alphabetical order even though there were two people before armlx
No comment
dahill1 wrote:
Imat wrote:And herein lies the problem Rosso. You don't post enough for your own good. You got away with little content Day 1 but the games has stepped up a bit. Join in the Hunting. I myself haven't done very well this game, but I'm hoping to change that over the next few game days. If you can make a decent length post defending yourself I'm sure some of the less certain players on your case will back off. When that happens you can prove your worth to the us by making larger, more detailed posts more often, participating in the Hunting as it were. If you were to participate more you could easily lower people's suspicions of you. Most of them are based on inactivity and willingness to hammer people, no matter what.
this is definitely not why i'm voting for rosso, and i don't think it's why anyone else is voting for him either
No comment
dahill1 wrote:
skitzer wrote:I want to know why people are against the Rosso lynch.
sweatpantsninja, answer this before accusing me of anything
"Why isn't my mislynch working?" Normally I'd think this would make me a hypocrite, but dahill was never very committed to the wagon.
dahill1 wrote:i think Imat would be a good vig target if RC comes up scum
Directing the vig without giving reasons
dahill1 wrote:upon rereading khelvaster (animorph), he was always wishy washy about BM. one post he would be defending BM, the next attacking him.
Thanks for the info, but where are you going with this?
dahill1 wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
Indeed, and I am EXTREMELY leery of the Miller/Hider claim, that's the kind of claim that's just tooooo scummalicious.

The Miller/Hider claim explains two of the problems that scum might encounter in a game. The first problem is that they may be investigated and found guilty. Conveniently, BM declared himself a miller. The second problem is that the scum must explain his continued survival night after night. This is especially important if we have living vig, and the miller doesn't get nigthkilled and continues to live. So "hider" and "miller" makes a perfect combo for a scum claim.

Also, I see BM is very active and scheming. That's his scum persona, not his town persona.

The Miller/Hider claim is the real clincher. I don't believe it. I believe that BM is just plain scum.

vote: Battle Mage
QFT i was going to write something like this in my next post but you pretty much summed it up
Vote BM
Hmm, something seems wrong with this...
dahill1 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Dear dahill1,
oops
unvote

that does make a huge hole in my argument
It's not your argument, you borrowed it again.
dahill1 wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Dear dahill1,
oops
unvote

that does make a huge hole in my argument
EBWOP: the part about the khelvaster/BM connection
he still could be cult
We know.
dahill1 wrote:
VanDamien wrote:Cult also = scum
revote BM

sorry meant to do this last post
Sure you did. Your last post was an EBWOP of your unvote
dahill1 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Vote: Dahill
I'm not all for the vote and unvote you just did. Usually when I've played you are aggressive this game you seem to be sitting back more and just agreeing with people. I don't see BM as the lynch thank you.
i havent really played many large games, but i guess i'm just a little more laid-back in them
as for the matt_s/TSPN argument, to me it seems to me almost like a townie fighting another townie
i only say "almost" because i'm leaning towards a little bit more with matt_s atm, but i'm waiting for TSPN to respond to the above post
You didn't explain that vote/unvote thing you did.
dahill1 wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Also, I think there's a good chance armlx is scum. So far today, he's directed the vig to try and kill someone who we know isn't mafia (whome picks up more scum points for that too), and before that, waffled on whether or not he thought I was scum. Yesterday, he was a key driver of the RC wagon. Matt_S is still highest on my list, but I'm not like armlx much right now.
we know he isn't mafia, but he still could be cult
Thank you for restating that.
dahill1 wrote:
unvote Battle Mage

there's no point in lynching him today if Farside is going to use her vig on him, which can basically confirm him.
also, Imat, you seemed to be one of the main people who Khelvaster was changing his mind about. as i said before, with BM he seemed to constantly change his views, but we know that BM can't be mafia. with you, first Khelvaster agrees with you, then FoS's you, UnFoS's you, votes you, etc.
1) why do you think he kept switching his opinions of you?
2) were you ever suspicious of him and why? if not, then why not?
3) who do you think is likely to be scum right now?
So we know they aren't partners, but we're analyzing their interactions?
dahill1 wrote:BM, what would the easier way to confirm you be?
No comment.
dahill1 wrote:
WhoMe? wrote:I am still pro on testing BM, and cannot understand the level of anti-testophobia
i agree with this statement
waiting on imat
What are you waiting on Imat for?
dahill1 wrote:*sigh* Imat's gonna get replaced. Oh well, I'll just wait for his replacement
in the meantime, i can see how TS could think BM is cult because Rosso was the cult cop, because honestly, i thought that at first too. but now it seems pretty obvious to me that the miller would show up guilty to everyone, so i think TS should drop the BM attacks. i agree that that is the kind of case against someone that scum can easily pounce on
He's very noncommittal isn't he?
dahill1 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
dahill1 wrote:*sigh* Imat's gonna get replaced. Oh well, I'll just wait for his replacement
in the meantime, i can see how TS could think BM is cult because Rosso was the cult cop, because honestly, i thought that at first too. but now it seems pretty obvious to me that the miller would show up guilty to everyone, so i think TS should drop the BM attacks. i agree that that is the kind of case against someone that scum can easily pounce on
That point was brought up ages ago...
i still see people talking about it on this page..
Not helping
dahill1 wrote:i can see why people could be bandwagonning me in terms of my meta and i would probably have done the same thing if i were you because i admit: i'm not too active in this game, and i apologize.
however, just because i'm not as active doesn't mean i'm scum.
the good part is that if i am lynched, it will break a meta on me :)
There's more on him than just activity from what other people say.
dahill1 wrote:
armlx wrote:Yeah, that last post is lame enough for me.

Unvote, Vote dahill
heh sorry armlx
i know i'm usually better than this :oops:
"plz don't lynch me"
dahill1 wrote:Initials are fine, capiche?

-DH
Not helping
dahill1 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:other things as well which I'll keep a secret.
yay for softclaims
also, can someone explain to me why people keep wanting to lynch BM when we have established that we aren't going to right now?
Not helping, really
dahill1 wrote:i'll be willing to get on a CKD wagon
and im always in favor of a massclaim
"I'll bandwagon this guy who I've never expressed suspicion of."
dahill1 wrote:
armlx wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
armlx wrote:The more my vote sits here, the more this feels like its going to turn into a default lynch.

Unvote, Vote dahill

Thats better.
very quick to compromise arent ya? :P

BM
Meh, thought he was scummy before and wasn't really feeling the skitzer thing. Plus, now he supports a mass claim.
see my sig
No comment
dahill1 wrote:i thought it was my meta? hm guess i was wrong
No comment
dahill1 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
what?
who is your top suspect atm?
When are you going to vote for Skitzer?

BM
i thought most of the case was the meta
top suspect = Imat
i believe the softclaims, if not for those i probably would be voting for him
I've yet to see you explain your suspicion of Imat
dahill1 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
what?
who is your top suspect atm?
When are you going to vote for Skitzer?

BM
i thought most of the case was the meta
top suspect = Imat
i believe the softclaims, if not for those i probably would be voting for him
I dont have much of a meta on you, so it doesnt comprise any of my suspicions.

Wait a sec. You believe his softclaims, and yet he is your top suspect? Your top suspect isnt even voteworthy? :?

BM
sorry should have made that clearer. my top suspect is Imat. i believe the softclaims about Skitzer. i'm waiting to hear from Imat's replacement until i vote
Why?
dahill1 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Because skitzer's not Peers. And other things as well which I'll keep a secret.
Matt_S wrote:Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. Skitzer's not scum.
the softclaims were by matt_s
Oh yeah, I remember that :)
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (isolation #141) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Matt_S »

dahill1 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
unvote Battle Mage

there's no point in lynching him today if Farside is going to use her vig on him, which can basically confirm him.
also, Imat, you seemed to be one of the main people who Khelvaster was changing his mind about. as i said before, with BM he seemed to constantly change his views, but we know that BM can't be mafia. with you, first Khelvaster agrees with you, then FoS's you, UnFoS's you, votes you, etc.
1) why do you think he kept switching his opinions of you?
2) were you ever suspicious of him and why? if not, then why not?
3) who do you think is likely to be scum right now?
So we know they aren't partners, but we're analyzing their interactions?
if you can't see my suspicions on Imat, then please reread the post more carefully
I see it now. The fact that you mentioned BM three times and Imat only once confused me. The rest of the analysis stands, and I'm tempted to shoot for 50% success against you.
BM wrote:wow. Just WOW. I didnt mean you had to quote them all!
It makes for easier reference :) I didn't realize how much space it took until after I previewed it, and there's no way I'd go back and change it all.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (isolation #142) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:The fact that Matt was so anxious to do so could also be seen in that light, although atm, im just happy that he has given us something to discuss.
I was in the middle of it before you offered the vote protection. Then I wondered if it'd look suspicious. I figured it would, but I've done too many unpopular things to back down now.

In regards to dahill's question about Lloyd's proxy vote, there's not too many responses that can be given. "What are you going to do with that vote?" "Vote someone with it." "Okay." The only difference is you're asking person A what person B would do with person A's vote, which isn't that different from just asking person A about what person B would do with their own vote.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (isolation #143) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:Sorry, where was this?
Where he asks about Lloyd's proxy vote and gets a response of "I won't respond now":
dahill1 wrote:hmm interesting
i feel compelled to trust you for some reason
so i will for now
Battle Mage wrote:Also, are these posts in order? You seem to have Dahill jumping all over the place. 0.o
Unless I screwed up, that's chronological order.

Looking over all of his posts one by one, all the relatively small things add up, and it isn't so small any more. The dahill in my other game had redeeming moments and a few moments like here. I'm pretty sure I'll try to go for 50% against dahill, but I'll wait for him to respond.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2410 (isolation #144) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Matt_S »

I say we do BM's alternative test. Tomorrow, BM will explain what the hell the test was and how it confirms him. If it's unsatisfactory, we lynch him. Problem solved.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2412 (isolation #145) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Matt_S »

@BM: I need some clarification. If farside dies tonight for whatever reason or otherwise is unable to report her night action, will we be able to know if your test worked?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (isolation #146) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:@BM: I need some clarification. If farside dies tonight for whatever reason or otherwise is unable to report her night action, will we be able to know if your test worked?
yeh i thought about this too. Yeh, that wouldnt be a problem. The success of the test will be pretty self-explanatory regardless of whether Farside was killed or not. Her kills would still be seen after all, and the fact i am not dead would confirm that she was satisfied with my affiliation.

BM
This post makes me slightly ucomfortable, but I think that I may know what your test is.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (isolation #147) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:@BM: I need some clarification. If farside dies tonight for whatever reason or otherwise is unable to report her night action, will we be able to know if your test worked?
yeh i thought about this too. Yeh, that wouldnt be a problem. The success of the test will be pretty self-explanatory regardless of whether Farside was killed or not. Her kills would still be seen after all, and the fact i am not dead would confirm that she was satisfied with my affiliation.

BM
This post makes me slightly ucomfortable, but I think that I may know what your test is.
really? shhh then. :P
Don't worry, your possible secret is safe with me.
armlx wrote:BM, just wondering 1 thing that I'm pretty sure I asked before: Have you asked Jordan if you die for hiding with scum, or just read your role PM for it? Its something that he could have forgotten, and if he by chance did that actually makes your role much more powerful.
I may just be missing this, but if he does die by hiding with scum, how does that help? For us to know who he targets, he has to announce it. That means scum gets to kill that person and BM on one night, unless BM pulls WIFOM on the mafia, which makes him unreliable anyways.
Toaster Strudel wrote:Her satisfaction would not be confirmation of anything, oh Great One.
There's obviously more to it than that.

And I'm willing to go for 50/50 against dahill.
Unvote, Vote dahill1
. Just don't forget Peers though.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2425 (isolation #148) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:Well, every night he wakes up alive is +1 confirmed town.
Ah, I wasn't thinking about the confirming townies part, just the finding scum part.
armlx wrote:BM, is your plan to hide with someone who you feel will die (or if you have been hiding the hide with scum thing, presumably CKD) and be confirmed by death? If so, have you done the math on if that speeds up the game by a day in the worst case scenario?
I doubt this is it since it involves too much guesswork and not enough living. If I'm right, then I think secrecy is the best option.
Pie_is_good wrote:Hi Matt,

I'm Pie.

You are right a lot.
Hello Pie, and thank you very much :D
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2436 (isolation #149) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:is there a way you can communicate to me what you think you know, without implicitly revealing information that is best kept hidden?

BM
I'm trying to think of a way. I'll try some vague questions that you'll only answer properly if we're having a mind meld.
1. Will farside know pretty much 100% that you're telling the truth?
2. If farside weren't alive, would you be able to prove to me that you were town.
And now the cynical side of me has a question which doesn't require a mind meld.
3. If the cult had a backup recruiter to begin with, and you're really a cultist, how do we know you aren't going to recruit farside?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2437 (isolation #150) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Matt_S »

^BTW, it would help a lot if you gave vague responses along with a yes or no answer.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (isolation #151) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:Matt_S, scenario 3 is actually impossible in a balanced game. Just saying.
You mean the backup recruiter part, or the vig being recruited part? If it's the latter, then let's suppose hypothetically that a vig could be recruited, but would lose their vig ability.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2441 (isolation #152) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:No, the back up recruiter. Killing the first one is usually hard enough and the threat of a cult usually causes every other group (scum and town) to drop their plans and aim for the recruiter.

And ability loss is usually the case, btw.
This makes me a lot less paranoid.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2443 (isolation #153) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Matt_S wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:is there a way you can communicate to me what you think you know, without implicitly revealing information that is best kept hidden?

BM
I'm trying to think of a way. I'll try some vague questions that you'll only answer properly if we're having a mind meld.
1. Will farside know pretty much 100% that you're telling the truth?
2. If farside weren't alive, would you be able to prove to me that you were town.
And now the cynical side of me has a question which doesn't require a mind meld.
3. If the cult had a backup recruiter to begin with, and you're really a cultist, how do we know you aren't going to recruit farside?
I'd like to make a clarification. For #2, assume farside doesn't get a kill for some reason.
armlx wrote:Yeah, cults are probably the most powerful anti-town group used. 1 cult leader wins a 20 person game in the same time as a 3 man mafia, and losing a recruit doesn't even really slow them down that much where as losing a mafia member is a full day added to the game. One of the main reasons I can find against the poison kill being a cult recruit is that the cult turning into a mafia after the leader dies is really close to over powered.
I'm too lazy to look back to see if you said this earlier, but do you think that the poison killing is by a protown role or another 3rd party killing group?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (isolation #154) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Matt_S »

farside22 wrote:The discussion is at a standstill because of you BM. You said you could prove something before night choices were due. I don't see how.
Don't be pissy because I wish the discussion to end and to move on. Reminder 3 days and 99 pages. I would hate to have more replacements.
Just think it over during the night before doing anything. Even if I don't really know what BM's doing, I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.

I suggest we stop discussing the testing and start discussing who to make dead.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2488 (isolation #155) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm still for a dahill lynch, but a TS lynch doesn't seem like a bad alternative.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2496 (isolation #156) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

dahill1 wrote:
armlx wrote:I am up for a lynch of any of the 4 people I listed as scummy, however I want to wait for Imat to return before proceeding.
woo someone else who finds Imat scummy
Do you still have no defense? Just curious.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2506 (isolation #157) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Dahill1 presents a very convincing argument...
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2545 (isolation #158) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Matt_S »

Surye wrote:Matt_S presents a strong case against dahill1, and is acting very protown, as he's not even trying to setup dahill1 for a lynch, just showing how useless he has been.
I feel mildly insulted.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2548 (isolation #159) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Matt_S »

Surye wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Surye wrote:Matt_S presents a strong case against dahill1, and is acting very protown, as he's not even trying to setup dahill1 for a lynch, just showing how useless he has been.
I feel mildly insulted.
Yea, you shouldn't. I'm saying you presented a solid case on Dahill's ineffectualness in this game, without trying to setup a target to lynch (necissarily).
Pronoun ambiguity gets me every time. My bad.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (isolation #160) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Matt_S »

Just posting before I have to go to my brother's graduation.

I still feel dahill is the best lynch, and I am mildly against TS and Imat lynches.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2652 (isolation #161) » Wed May 21, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Matt_S »

dahill1 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Just posting before I have to go to my brother's graduation.

I still feel dahill is the best lynch, and I am mildly against TS and Imat lynches.
i can understand being against the TS lynch, but why Imat?
Because I don't see a case on Imat, nor do I think I'll be able to make a good one.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (isolation #162) » Wed May 21, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Matt_S »

dahill1 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Ok, Dahill is at -2 if Armlx's count is right. I'll be here to drop the hammer tomorrow. DO NOT HAMMER BEFORE I GET THE CHANCE TO POST.
If you do, you will join my Black List, and i'll make it my sole ambition to see you hang.

Thanks,
BM
oh forgot to mention. i am a special supersaint that kills the hammerer only if it's BM
You know, if you want to live, you could try defending yourself. It may just work.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2673 (isolation #163) » Thu May 22, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm 100% sure that saying 100% sure is just hyperbole.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (isolation #164) » Sat May 24, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Matt_S »

BM's plan is sounding more and more like what I thought it was.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (isolation #165) » Sat May 24, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:BM, your way is dumb and basically saying "Farside, don't pick me". Not even a confirming plan.
Believe me, there's more to his plan.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (isolation #166) » Sat May 24, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
armlx wrote:BM, your way is dumb and basically saying "Farside, don't pick me". Not even a confirming plan.
Believe me, there's more to his plan.
See, you weren't supposed to say that.
You weren't supposed to say that I wasn't supposed to say that.

Besides, if there weren't more to it, BM's got to know that he'll die tomorrow.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2727 (isolation #167) » Sat May 24, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:In other words, whatever happens tonight, my affiliation will be in no doubt tomorrow. The only difference is whether or not we lose a protown power role in order to do so.
I like this plan. We could lose a power role to confirm a miller/hider. :roll:
I think he's referring to himself. But I don't know anymore.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2770 (isolation #168) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Matt_S »

Farside: Did BM approach you with drugs during the night?
Vote Peers
. Stop distracting me from this, people.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2773 (isolation #169) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Matt_S »

Surye wrote:You seemed to confuse yourself plenty with the dahill analysis :P
I blame BM. :roll:
Surye wrote:And it's celeb now, not peers.
I seem to have missed that notice. This puts me at an impasse.
Unvote, Vote CKD
for shits and giggles.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2775 (isolation #170) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:I blame BM as well for lying to the town about his role for pretty much no reason.
My theory is that he wasn't lying, and that people are told when they are targeted by him.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2776 (isolation #171) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Matt_S »

Double post: Damn mafia probably roleblocked BM.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2780 (isolation #172) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:No, I'm 90% sure BM was just lying. He would do that.
I guess that just goes to show you that lynch all liars sucks. Or something like that. There's a moral here somewhere.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2782 (isolation #173) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Holy crap, I just remembered that I had a dream about mafiascum a few nights ago. It was scary because BM was calling me by my full name.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2785 (isolation #174) » Thu May 29, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:Vigging CKD > lynch. Lynch elsewhere = more info.
That's much better than my idea.
Unvote
. There's too much wifom about killing him.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2795 (isolation #175) » Fri May 30, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Matt_S »

Tarhalindur wrote:I
finally
was able to read the full thread. Yes, all 112 pages of it.

I have comments to make, but there is a chain of questioning that I need to resolve first. I have a damn good reason, but revealing it immediately would be stupid. I will reveal the reason before the end of the day.

The first question: Matt_S, how long have you known that skitzer is town?

If Matt_S avoids answering, he gets lynched today. Period.
Why are you rolefishing? There, now try and lynch me.

Vote Celebloki.
All of the votes that Peers made seem poor. And comments like "Let's see if we can get a worth-while claim out of this." push me the wrong way.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2799 (isolation #176) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:I
finally
was able to read the full thread. Yes, all 112 pages of it.

I have comments to make, but there is a chain of questioning that I need to resolve first. I have a damn good reason, but revealing it immediately would be stupid. I will reveal the reason before the end of the day.

The first question: Matt_S, how long have you known that skitzer is town?

If Matt_S avoids answering, he gets lynched today. Period.
Why are you rolefishing? There, now try and lynch me.

Vote Celebloki.
All of the votes that Peers made seem poor. And comments like "Let's see if we can get a worth-while claim out of this." push me the wrong way.
There are three reasons that I can think of that you would be so firm that skitzer is town.

I know that one of those possible reasons is invalid, to the extent that if you claim that specific reason you are almost certainly scum (>99%).

Understood?

Vote: MattS
as incentive.
Does that justify your rolefishing?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2801 (isolation #177) » Fri May 30, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Matt_S »

You're asking for information I don't feel comfortable giving at this point.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2813 (isolation #178) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Matt_S »

armlx wrote:I don't like Kscopes attempts to be logical this game. Its off putting.
lol

I think what he's trying to say is that a townie lynch for the town isn't as bad as a mafia lynch is for the mafia.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2816 (isolation #179) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Matt_S »

And trust me, you don't want to vig Kscope.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2826 (isolation #180) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Matt_S »

Kscope's not scum either.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2833 (isolation #181) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Matt_S »

I have role-based information. I've made it clear what the information is, and the role is irrelevant.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2836 (isolation #182) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I thought about breadcrumbing, but I never quite got around to it.

Somehow I think you're only doing this because you were the cop.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2839 (isolation #183) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Matt_S »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Matt, since you have already stated you didnt breadcrumb, i think this is a safe question..do you typically breadcrumb in games? if so, do you have a completed game that can be referenced. Have you ever breadcrumbed as scum?
I've got one complete game here, and I didn't breadcrumb. The few other places where I played mafia were just too simple for things like breadcrumbs.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2851 (isolation #184) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Matt_S »

skitzer wrote:I know why Matt_S knows I'm town. Matt_S is incorrect on one point, though. There is a breadcrumb. It's not very obvious unless you know the whole of it.
Well, that's not necessarily a good breadcrumb though, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (isolation #185) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Matt_S »

Celebloki wrote:If Matt_S is semi-claiming what I think he is
If you think I'm semi-claiming cop, you're fully wrong.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2868 (isolation #186) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Matt_S »

Guys, please... Celebloki needs to die already.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2871 (isolation #187) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Matt_S »

farside22 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Guys, please... Celebloki needs to die already.
Why?
Because Peers lived too long, and every time I've been distracted from a Peers lynch, bad stuff happened.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2895 (isolation #188) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Matt_S »

Celebloki wrote:^I endorse this product and/or service.
It's because Peers made similar posts to this in regards to TheSweatpantsNinja that I want to lynch you before TheSweatpantsNinja.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2908 (isolation #189) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Matt_S »

You know, if it weren't for the fact that I know Kscope is town, I'd probably side with you guys. But Kscope's town.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2917 (isolation #190) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Matt_S »

skitzer wrote:
Unvote

I'm going to do another readthrough today.
Aww. Come back!
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2930 (isolation #191) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Tarh's not back yet. I figured he'd jump on this opportunity now that skitzer's under suspicion again. Even though he's town.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2933 (isolation #192) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Bogre wrote: Mr. S I get a mostly neutral read on, I'd like to hear an explanation of your knowledge of skitzer as protown.
Please, call me Matt. Mr. S is my father. *waits for laughter to die down. or start*. I don't feel comfortable doing a full claim at this point.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2941 (isolation #193) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Matt_S »

It confuses me that people don't question my softclaim, while also thinking the people I say are town are scum. And I miss Tarh's fishing.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2945 (isolation #194) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Matt_S »

andersonw wrote:EBWOP: I should add to my last question, "Was there a time in the game
before day 4 started
when Matt said that he was sure that skitzer/K-scope were town?"
I mentioned skitzer was town yesterday I'm thinking, and Kscope today.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2953 (isolation #195) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Matt_S »

farside22 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
andersonw wrote:EBWOP: I should add to my last question, "Was there a time in the game
before day 4 started
when Matt said that he was sure that skitzer/K-scope were town?"
I mentioned skitzer was town yesterday I'm thinking, and Kscope today.
Fine, fine. Then who do you find scum at the moment then?
Celebloki for reasons I've been distracted from many times in the past. Where I go from there is conditional.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2985 (isolation #196) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Matt_S »

BM, help me lynch Celebloki. People keep distracting me.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2995 (isolation #197) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Matt_S »

We've established that not announcing targets is good. That doesn't mean the mafia won't roleblock her still.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3013 (isolation #198) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Matt_S »

There's so many potential distractions again. It may just be because this game is large, but I'm getting the feeling that some of the distractions are intentional.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3024 (isolation #199) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Matt_S »

Dude, I'd rather have skitzer not die at this point.
Show

(2) think very hard;

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”