NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:58 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

MMCL, I really would like to hear your reasoning behind voting Talitha, besides just a "because" otherwise it will be you that gets the vote from me, but for a reason... :P

Fos: MMCL
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:23 pm

Post by silgado106 »

There's nothing really that weird (at least with my vote) STD. MMCL has obviously stuck his neck out for some reason or another. On Day 1 it is imperical that we follow any leads we have, and unless there are invisible posts around here, this is the only thing going on at the moment. And by "following" I don't mean just believing MMCL and for no reason lynch Talitha, but instead find out if either of them is scum.

But since Talitha has posted, I think it's best for MMCL to post next. And also Talitha, I believe MMCL did make it sound that he wasn't voting for you because you were lurking (which you were not), at least that is how I saw it.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:13 pm

Post by Wacky »

I think I'll be taking a wait and see approach.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:05 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

First of all I made it clear I was looking to see what MMCL was pointing at--

Tally is hardly lurking but have seen MMCL be right on no reason voting- also think I will probably get a handle on MMCL soon enough but want to see where is vote out of no where for a nonsense reason does.

And Wacky is the last to check in--

-Uraj45, Willow, ralpmerr...., fishbulb, are the true lurkers as this point and one post between them-- I would have hoped in this game that we have active players.
and lulu has a grand total of 2-nanook a total of 3

not sure if it is there style to lurk but there is bound to be a scum in that set-- of course is likely at least one scum in the active players as well.

So I will leave my vote as is for now and see what happens.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:06 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

I also want to here more from MMCL about his reasoning--
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:11 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

i'm taking a more laid back approach this game. but if you want input, either mmcl got something on tally, or is totally BSing, or they're both scum and purposely distancing themselves from each other. or else they're both confused innocents and you're scum. i really dont have anything to go on right now.
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:43 pm

Post by Wacky »

-Uraj45, Willow, ralpmerr...., fishbulb, are the true lurkers[...]
Ahaha. While I'm waiting, I'll
Vote: PeaceBringer
. You're trying too hard. Far too hard. In any case I don't tend to lurk as scum.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:44 pm

Post by Wacky »

That should be "tend not to". How many games has mmcl been in?
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:45 pm

Post by MMCL »

Enough games to know that Tally is a justified target this day... I am not 100% sure she is scum... but I would say at least 50/50... and that is good enough for me on day one.

...What's my reasoning? Among other things, look at post #2 on the Tally filtered list...
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:15 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Sorry if I've been quiet; I'm not as familiar with the people on mafiascum, so I'm observing until I have more of a feel for this game. I'm kind of suspicious of PB; he explicitly says his vote is "not random", then admits it was arbitrary.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:49 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Wacky wrote:

-Uraj45, Willow, ralpmerr...., fishbulb, are the true lurkers[...]
Ahaha. While I'm waiting, I'll
Vote: PeaceBringer
. You're trying too hard. Far too hard. In any case I don't tend to lurk as scum.

this is how I play wacky-- take a look at all my games here-- scum or town this is how I play.

Where I came from games finish in a week and there is tons more mosting and I tended to be a more frequent poster in those games. This pace is like a turtle to me but enables me to do more games.

But at least you voted instead of just pointing a finger. LOL.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:52 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

ralphmerridew wrote:Sorry if I've been quiet; I'm not as familiar with the people on mafiascum, so I'm observing until I have more of a feel for this game. I'm kind of suspicious of PB; he explicitly says his vote is "not random", then admits it was arbitrary.

umm- random and arbitrary do not mean the same thing.

and not sure which vote you are taking about.

Vote on STD is arbitary and just spurring rivalry. Vote on tally is following MMCL lead and not random or arbitrary.

Random is picking a name out of a hat based on nothing but chance.

Aribitrary is just casting a vote based on nothing. My vote on STD was arbitrary as are all first day votes be they random or not.

Funny I point at you for lurking and you take a shot as does wacky. Interesting reactions.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:54 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Hmm i get the point MMCL-- I see what you mean on post #2 regarding talitha-
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:04 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

I know that random and arbitrary mean different things; I just think it is odd that you specifically state it is not random when there isn't anything behind it. Most people, when they state their day one choice is not random, are making an indirect cop claim.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:45 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

well I don't play like you are used to- and I made the context of my vote clear.

in other words I am not most people and try not to read to much into anything I say.

I have no control over what you or others may perceive of my choices of words or play given I don't know what most people do--
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:46 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

do here that is--
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:53 am

Post by willows_weep »

Ok,
The MMCL Tally thing is odd.
Like MMCL isnt very near 100% sure tally is scum .But comes out day one implicating that MMCL has a reason to think tally is scum and vote worthy.
Is it a bit early to paint targets on ourselves?

I would think it less odd if it were nessacary. Like maybe we were on our way to lynching the 'wrong' person ( but how would we deem who is 'wrong' or 'right') or if someone didn't think theyd last the night...

And odd again because you're not even sure...
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:52 am

Post by Fishbulb »

PeaceBringer wrote:well I don't play like you are used to- and I made the context of my vote clear.

in other words I am not most people and try not to read to much into anything I say.

I have no control over what you or others may perceive of my choices of words or play given I don't know what most people do--
How can we not try to read into what you say? That's the whole point of the game. If you don't want us to misunderstand your intentions, how about you calm down and proofread your posts sometimes?

How long are you going to play like this? You've been here for almost two months; by now you should have a pretty good idea that your posting style gets you in trouble.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:08 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Not only that Peacebringer, but if you are going to point out people who are lurking and such, you need to suspect a reaction, I mean come on. Not only that, but I will
Fos: Lulu & Wacky
as they both want to seem to take the laid back approach, and sorry, but you need to get off your bums and play.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:30 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Fish-- I know my posting style gets me in trouble.

I have multiple months of experience with playing the game with how I post. And yes I know how I play gets me suspected but it is how I play best. I am who I am.

I try and proofread but I have a long history of posting on the fly and posting like I think, so often I neglect it. If you think my posts here lack proofreading you should see some of what I post at Footballguys. I am calm perfectly.

The problem with reading into things Fishbulb is people take a context and apply it to a person and base a judgement on that without prior context. You make assumptions about my play and read into it based on experience with other players here you may find yourself mistaken. Just ask Tally. At any rate this is well off the point of the game and a significant tangent.

Nanook- I got no problem with the reactions, I expect them. Just pointed them out. Reactions are particularly important here when folks seem to shy away from even posting. Oh and LOL nanook- you have not been a posting fiend yourself.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:49 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Yes, I know this Peacebringer, but in my eyes there is a time to post and there is a time not too. See I think that you over post pretty much. Just by looking up this page I see that you have a triple post, and then a double, and there is only one post between the triple and the double. That is what I call overposting. I may not be as active as I used to be, but I do keep up with my games, and I am not always that active in the beginning anyways as I've never been one to get a conversation going.

Anytime that I do start up hyper in the beginning I usually get lynched by the end of that day, so sure my play style has changed a bit, but you learn more the more you play.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:03 am

Post by Talitha »

unvote: ralphm, vote: lulu

In her post above she's basically stated all the possibilities about this situation, without giving any indication of which she thinks is the most likely scenario.

Assuming there is only one scum group, then they know I'm innocent. This is the kind of behaviour I'd expect. They won't want to push too hard for my lynch, but they'll want to leave the way open to help lynch me too.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:08 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Not only that, but usually when I've been scum, I wouldn't target the more experienced players Night 1, considering that they are likely targets for doc protection ... Just a little thought. Plus mafia could always use that logic later in the game that well she is still here and like she is good, so she must like be mafia or something ... uh let's get her, Get my drift?
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:03 am

Post by silgado106 »

About Peacebringer - I do agree that he is overposting a bit, I mean there was no need for him to post those three posts back to back, when he could have just posted it all in one, but well this discussion is done with. The problem is, I don't think his play really says much... yet.

About Tally and MMCL - I'm not really sure I see much in post number 2 MMCL, so I'm not sure what to think about this anymore, as you said "Among other things" which I am taking as there are definately other things.

About Lulu - That was my same exact thought when I read her post. She mentioned every possibility, yet said absolutely nothing else. I also saw that as weird/suspicious (not quite sure which one) So I might be switching my vote over to her after we see what happens between MMCL and Tally.

About Wacky and Lulu - I'm not too sure if actually saying outloud they are just waiting for things to happen means much, because you can think of it as townies actually sitting back and waiting, or mafia pretending to be sitting back and waiting. I think it might be a bit early to tell anything about Wacky and Lulu from this issue.
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”