quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:44 am

Post by quadz08 »

To an extent, I suppose. Oso made good points, there's nothing wrong with solid reasoning changing your opinion.

But, speaking of good points:
Friend wrote: Especially because he unvotes Tasky and then, in his next post, calls Tasky scum. Doesn't match up.
Hmmmm. I'm torn.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 am

Post by diddin »

vezokpiraka wrote:So you're giving tasky the noob pass but you're voting for me because of sheepping?
You sure you're not scum with Tasky?
EBWOP: Why didn't I notice this before?<_< One post you agree with Oso's reasons to unvote Tasky blindly, and then the next you ask Friend if he's scumbuddies with Tasky? Funny.
Vote: Vezo

Tasky: How many games have you played? I want to know a little more about your experience level.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:06 am

Post by KageLord »

Friend wrote:Guys, take a look at Tasky's join date, posting style, etc. Now tell me, do you really think he's good enough to subtly rolefish like that as scum? Cause I really don't.

@KageLord: how would scum find out a cop/doc through Tasky's questions?
As I said, I don't think anyone could find PRs through those questions. But Tasky suggested that he thought we would be able to do so later in the game based on answers to those questions. My point was that it wouldn't work. And if by some miracle you could gain knowledge from that, it would be a double-edged sword since scum could use that too. Never mind that I said anything though... if that's the method Tasky wants to use and the rest don't have a problem with it (besides not wanting to answer), I don't have a problem either. I just didn't think it was an efficient use of our time and his brainpower.

And I have to say, it looks pretty bad for vezo. I was going to say something to vezo after the post following SSBF's ISOs of Friend since it basically tries to call Friend out on the same thing that SSBF said, but vezo claims it was a ninja (or a "nath"?) by SSBF. I'm not sure if I buy that though since the posts were 6 minutes apart. Just after being called out on sheeping Oso, vezo seems to sheep SSBF. It's also that vezo voted Tasky, unvoted, and then labels him scum again (along with Friend).

Vote: vezokpiraka
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Tasky »

diddin wrote:Tasky: How many games have you played? I want to know a little more about your experience level.
I am currently in 4 online-mafia games, haven't completed one though...
I have quite some experience with face-to-face-mafia but I do realize that it's quite different from the online version...
I really don't want anyone to protect me with the newb-card... just stop overrating that RQS-questions, they were nothing more than a way to get started...

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote: ISO: 1 Does RQS. His RQS questions are mostly good, but #2 and #3 indicates rolefishing.

ISO: 2 Gives poor reasons for voting vezokpiraka, sounds like OMGUS.
talking about contradictions... first you say my RQS questions are good (save 2/3) and then you say voting for not answering them is poor reason... since we were in RVS and any reason, no matter how poor is better than no reason, this means it was no reason...
so you are saying that not answering good RQS questions is less a reason than RVS voting... that seems wrong

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I'd like to see more activity from jayfl383, posted almost nothing...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Tasky »

KageLord wrote:And I have to say, it looks pretty bad for vezo. I was going to say something to vezo after the post following SSBF's ISOs of Friend since it basically tries to call Friend out on the same thing that SSBF said, but vezo claims it was a ninja (or a "nath"?) by SSBF. I'm not sure if I buy that though since the posts were 6 minutes apart. Just after being called out on sheeping Oso, vezo seems to sheep SSBF.
this is a good point... especially since if you are posting and someone posts something in the meanwhile, you get notified by the forum mechanics... so, at the time he posted he already knew about SSBF's post...
but, instead of somehow expressing his agreement, he wanted to make sure by a EBWOP that his idea was indeed original...
this looks like trying to get town-cred... and that is usually scummy
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Oso »

Tasky wrote:especially since if you are posting and someone posts something in the meanwhile, you get notified by the forum mechanics...
Testing this statement by subscribing to topic and seeing if it ends up as a board notification or in my personal email box. Of course, me being the poster might hose it for me. So could the first person who see this post?
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Oso »

First person who see it that is playing in this that is....
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Tasky »

Oso wrote:
Tasky wrote:especially since if you are posting and someone posts something in the meanwhile, you get notified by the forum mechanics...
Testing this statement by subscribing to topic and seeing if it ends up as a board notification or in my personal email box. Of course, me being the poster might hose it for me. So could the first person who see this post?
no, didn't mean it that way...
if you write a comment, and meanwhile someone else writes a comment and post it, once you click "submit" there appears a message that tells you that new posts were posted while you were writing and it asks you if you want to change your post in the light of the new information (paraphrasing)
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Oso »

It does? I mustn't have posted over another player since the board change then. Carry on. Don't mind the weird guy in corner
-
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 am

Post by q21 »

Um... *sneaks in the back door*

I've just read through the thread and absolutely none of it has managed to stick in my head... Probably has something to so with it being 0:30 and having spent the whole day melting my brain with Thermodynamics calculations of doom.

Er...

Vote: q21

For his blatantly, if inadvertently, lurking through the first 5 pages of the game.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:42 am

Post by KageLord »

Just realized that I forgot to unvote before voting again. I'm not sure if it really matters, but if it helps the mod...

Unvote: q21

Vote: vezokpiraka
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:58 am

Post by q21 »

Aw.,... and we had a 2 vote bandwagon going and everything...
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by quadz08 »

BANDWAGON ON Q21!!!!!

Aww, crap. Too late.

Anyway, I agree about vezok. I'm glad KageLord noticed the time differential between vezok's post and SSBF's; that was well done. Vezok's very first post was an immediate vote on Tasky for "subtly" ending RVS, which was a scum-tell to him. However, Tasky very clearly pointed out he was attempting to end RVS:
Tasky wrote:now... since I'd actually like to get out of the RVS fast, I'll ask some questions for you to answer...
Far from subtle, hm?

He also said he thought quicklynches could be beneficial, and has provided close to none of his own opinion. (Of course, this early in the game, that's not really a big deal.)

I think right now, he's the scummiest-looking player, so...

VOTE: vezokpiraka
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Vote count 1.2

Oso (0)
Tasky (1) Super Smash Bros. Fan
KageLord (0)
Friend (0)
q21 (1) q21
jayfl383 (0)
xvart (1) ChibiSanNub
quadz08 (0)
diddin (1) xvart
vezokpiraka (5) Tasky, Friend, diddin, KageLord, quadz08
ChibiSanNub (0)
Super Smash Bros. Fan (0)

Not voting: Oso, jayfl383, vezokpiraka

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline is July 21, 10:30 AM (GMT + 10:00).
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by quadz08 »

@mod: I think vezok unvoted.

Ah, yep missed that one. Thanks.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by diddin »

L-2 this early? I think we really need to take a look at this wagon, as it took off way too quick.

unvote
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
jayfl383
jayfl383
Goon
jayfl383
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by jayfl383 »

FIRST AND FOREMOST THAT WAGON ON VEZO HAS SCUM WRITTEN ALL OVER IT....next...

Friend wrote:P.S. (lol triplepost)

I don't find Tasky's questions to be rolefishing. Answers to the "what role do you like" question are too WIFOMy to analyze anyways.

Ok above we see where Friend has defended Tasky..okay.

Friend wrote:I don't understand Oso's contradiction. I don't want to defend Tasky here because I think he's pretty scummy anyways, but I still don't get it.

UNVOTE: SSBF
VOTE: Diddin

Jumping all over that came off as quite opportunistic.

Here again Friend now votes for Diddin because Diddin voted for....TASKY.....Friend votes Diddin because he felt Diddin's vote was opportunistic. But Friend, don't you think you're vote was opportunistic as well, just because another vote was placed on Tasky you felt the need to vote Diddin. Or was it that you were trying to distract town from going on with the lynch??

Next..

In the above post you say you don't want to defend Tasky cause you think he's scummy...Super Smash votes him then what do you do...
Friend wrote:SSBF: Tell me what the case on Tasky is, in your own words.

This next one JUMPED out at me...
Friend wrote:Guys, take a look at Tasky's join date, posting style, etc. Now tell me, do you really think he's good enough to subtly rolefish like that as scum? Cause I really don't.

@KageLord: how would scum find out a cop/doc through Tasky's questions?

Not only are you defending Tasky some more but now you are bringing potential WIFOM into it, who cares about his join date and posting style...seriously dude...weak imo.

To sum things up, for you to hardcore defend someone like that, not to mention there are other examples I didn't post, but to defend someone like that you would have to be positive he's town. Right now only scum know who the townies are. If you are going on gut instinct and defending him well then that's just bad play imo to put yourself out there like that...what happens if Tasky flips scum? It just doesn't add up...your entire gameplay thus far...

VOTE: Friend
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@q21: ISO: 0 - Absolutely hate this. I see absolutely no purpose of that self-vote, especially since we're already getting something to work on in this game.
Friend wrote:SSBF. Think about it, now. I'm not defending Tasky on anything else except the rolefishing accusations, because I do NOT think Taskyscum is capable of thinking "hm I'll try and out some PRs with these RQs" in a million years.
No matter how you defended a person, the point is that you defended a person and that will not change. Even if it was defending Tasky's rolefishing accustions, a defense on a person is a defense on a person.
Tasky wrote:talking about contradictions... first you say my RQS questions are good (save 2/3) and then you say voting for not answering them is poor reason... since we were in RVS and any reason, no matter how poor is better than no reason, this means it was no reason...
so you are saying that not answering good RQS questions is less a reason than RVS voting... that seems wrong
People can choose to participate in either RVS, RQS, or both. Most of your RQS questions are good, but it should be a matter of personal prefrence to answer RQS question, not an obligation.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Friend »

ITT defending people is a scumtell

I'm not saying Tasky is or isn't scum, which Jay doesn't seem to get. I'm saying he was NOT rolefishing with his RQs. Nothing more, nothing less.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by quadz08 »

@Friend: what is ITT?
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Oso »

ITT=In This Thread
-
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by quadz08 »

ah, thank you.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I know the post before you appears but it doesn't show the avatar.
I usually read it after I post.

@friend : Top two scum suspects please.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Friend »

you + diddin
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Tasky »

jayfl383 wrote:FIRST AND FOREMOST THAT WAGON ON VEZO HAS SCUM WRITTEN ALL OVER IT....next...
could you please explain why in a calm manner instead of yelling at us... I don't know which authority you think to have, you don't have it...
jayfl383 wrote: Here again Friend now votes for Diddin because Diddin voted for....TASKY.....Friend votes Diddin because he felt Diddin's vote was opportunistic. But Friend, don't you think you're vote was opportunistic as well, just because another vote was placed on Tasky you felt the need to vote Diddin.
wait a moment... if someone votes in an opportunistic manner it's quite irrelevant who that vote targets, no?
opportunistic voting and unvoting (and sheeping) is a scumtell no matter who the wagonee is at that moment, it happened to be me, but it could have been someone else...
jayfl383 wrote: Or was it that you were trying to distract town from going on with the lynch??
you really think that wagon on me would have gone on to a lynch? I see that as wishful thinking of a scumbag who'd really like to quicklynch...

FoS:
jayfl383

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
vezokpiraka wrote:I know the post before you appears
but it doesn't show the avatar
why would that matter?
you are somehow dodging the attack on you instead of responding...
so I have some questions (those are not RQs, so I'd really like an answer this time):
1. did you know of SSBF's post when you submitted your's?
--> 2a. if yes, why did you post that way anyway?
---------> 3a. why did you lie in your EBWOP then?
--> 2b. if no, why did you ignore the forum message that told you?
---------> 3b. did you care at all about what others (in this case SSBF) was posting?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”