Townie
tidus_of_zanarkand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:40 pm

Post by tidus_of_zanarkand »

I'm going to
FoS: DrippingGoofball
right now. His bandwagon is growing to six votes in three pages for a slip-up I think is worth noting but not wanting to lynch him before page five.

Also TheCessPit seems very on the fence and making safe statements all the time. I will
unvote TheCessPit
because my original vote was very weak to begin with.
EDIT (Jan 18, 2009) - I am no longer using this account. I have made a new one under the name Dr Pepper. I barely remembered enough to access this account. I will not be using this one anymore.
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:18 pm

Post by broomhead »

well heres my thoughts on trying to find the recruit-ee, it would be most obvious to choose the most experienced and well know players. so that would mean we'd have a witch hunt for the best players, meaning if we miss and kill one of the town's biggest assets its a mafia's dream. and considering theres about 4 really well known players, we don't have a great chance of getting a scum.
BAMB!
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:22 pm

Post by neongrey »

I've got a really wacky idea.

How about we discuss amongst ourselves who's acting scummy until we reach a general consensus, and then lynch them?

Crazy, I know. :P

I do, as stated before, think we're much better off just playing normally than trying to mind-read people who we don't know who they are.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by RandomActs »

neongrey wrote:I've got a really wacky idea.

How about we discuss amongst ourselves who's acting scummy until we reach a general consensus, and then lynch them?

Crazy, I know. :P

I do, as stated before, think we're much better off just playing normally than trying to mind-read people who we don't know who they are.
What? Play normally?? Dang, girl! You
are
nuts!
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:01 pm

Post by Twomz »

That's CRRRAAAAZZZYYYY!!!! I'd have never thunk.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

tidus_of_zanarkand wrote:Also TheCessPit seems very on the fence and making safe statements all the time. I will
unvote TheCessPit
because my original vote was very weak to begin with.
Ehh? You find Cesspit' to be "playing it safe" and then unvote him? Where's the logic in that? Also, what's magic about page 5 for lynching DG? We have until late April, if it comes to that...

I think broomhead has a point about the dangers of speculation, but there's also no power roles to protect.

I'm also curious why HezLucky thinks it's only good to talk about the recruit on D1?
Retired as of October 2014.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:04 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Mr. Flay wrote:I'm also curious why HezLucky thinks it's only good to talk about the recruit on D1?
Few reasons:

a) Only one player is recruited; and we never know who this player is so who's to really say when speculation is to stop? I say it stops after today and we play the game normally. Or else we could be lynching someone on day four based on the fact that we think tehy are the recruit even though the recruit could already have died.

b) I don't want to lynch all the good players; if they are all pro-town we are cooked. Let the good players on the town's side catch the good scum.

c) After day one, talking about the recruit is pointless due to the fact that people might have information for us and/or we can use information from previous days. It's pointless to vote someone later in the game because they could've been the recruit, especially with all the information out there, so I am trying to remove that line of thinking so that people won't play the game with half a butt when it comes down to later by lynching a good player simply because he's alive

Remember guys, good players can help us catch scum. We may or may not have nothing better to go on today but after that we should be lynching SCUMMY players, not good ones. Hence, let's not talk about the recruit because that will encourage the lynching of good players, yes?
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

HezLucky wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:I'm also curious why HezLucky thinks it's only good to talk about the recruit on D1?
Few reasons:

a) Only one player is recruited; and we never know who this player is so who's to really say when speculation is to stop? I say it stops after today and we play the game normally. Or else we could be lynching someone on day four based on the fact that we think tehy are the recruit even though the recruit could already have died.

b) I don't want to lynch all the good players; if they are all pro-town we are cooked. Let the good players on the town's side catch the good scum.

c) After day one, talking about the recruit is pointless due to the fact that people might have information for us and/or we can use information from previous days. It's pointless to vote someone later in the game because they could've been the recruit, especially with all the information out there, so I am trying to remove that line of thinking so that people won't play the game with half a butt when it comes down to later by lynching a good player simply because he's alive

Remember guys, good players can help us catch scum. We may or may not have nothing better to go on today but after that we should be lynching SCUMMY players, not good ones. Hence, let's not talk about the recruit because that will encourage the lynching of good players, yes?
Yet your vote lays steadfast on me for the reason that, as stated, I'd be a likely recruit.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by HezLucky »

I have nothing better.

It's Day One, as I said.

You shouldn't be worrying about my vote. It isn't a threat at the moment.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

[quote="HezLucky"]
[quote]

Very, very true. We should not shoot ourselves in our collective foot by lynching the best. You forgot to mention, in your analysis, that we should nonetheless keep the "best" under close scrutiny. Is that an oversight? Did you not think of that?

On another note, The Cesspit is outstandingly non-commital. That really jumps up at me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:29 am

Post by TheCesspit »

I'm non-commital as I have nothing to commit on. I could stand here pointing fingers and shouting 'scum, scum' but that doesn't seem very fruitful. As I understand it, there's no power roles, so even the slightly dodgy tactic of causing bandwagon's to get a role-claim or two going doesn't seem worth while.

I've noted tat I think there's at least one Mafia among the 6 voters and DrippingGoofball herself.

I've also queried that some people are 'voting but will remove if the bandwagon grows'. Which I just don't understand, and still don't. JamesSparrow was one of those stating that.

So, as they appear on both the list of people that are voting for DG, and making an odd/scummy statement:

FoS: JamesSparrow

Hows that, bit more commitment.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't agree that the bandwagon on you is either all Mafia or all non-Mafia. Why do you theorise such? How would you know?

Cheers!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

TheCesspit wrote:Also, for what it's worth, I don't agree that the bandwagon on you is either all Mafia or all non-Mafia. Why do you theorise such? How would you know?
Either they're ganging up and manufacturing this wagon, or they're sitting back and laughing.

They'd be giving themselves away manufacturing a wagon this early. Don't forget that at least one of them has been chosen, and is not clueless.

Methinks they're splitting their sides with laughter.

Mind you, I wouldn't totally discount some scum being on the wagon, because they can't be faulted later to do what so many Townies are doing. It's a safe thing for them to do. It's a way to look commital and Townish at once, yes, you're right, some may jump at the opportunity.

I stand corrected.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:08 am

Post by neongrey »

TheCesspit wrote:I've noted tat I think there's at least one Mafia among the 6 voters and DrippingGoofball herself.
There usually are, but that's not going to have too much relevance yet, until we have fewer than six people like that to deal with.
I've also queried that some people are 'voting but will remove if the bandwagon grows'. Which I just don't understand, and still don't. JamesSparrow was one of those stating that.
Pressure-votes, but they're trying to avoid a speedlynch, I expect.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:53 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

In a game like this (no power roles), we need to have lots of chatter. It's time for me to start yelling at players who have added nothing to the game itself. Post upcoming.
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:12 am

Post by broomhead »

well out of pure curiosity, has anyone played or know of a game with no power roles like this one? i'd like to read it, or hear about experience.
BAMB!
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:17 am

Post by TheCesspit »

neongrey wrote:
Pressure-votes, but they're trying to avoid a speedlynch, I expect.
Which I can understand in role-based game. But not here. I'm not sure what pressure you can apply usefully. It looks slightly scummy and not very helpful to me.

I am willing to be corrected.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:19 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:*under the radar*
This is MoS's only contribution.

No vote, no contribution.. just the words under the radar.

This is why I have begin shivering whenever I see his name on the player list. I don't think it's scummy. I think it's stupid. I just wanted a place to vent.
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:19 am

Post by creampuffeater »

Broom, this game will be very ballenced, and with no power roles, there are no automatic scum catches (as in cop or watcher ect....) This leads the game into we need to catch the scum in discussion and cannot rely on roles. I dont know any games where to point you (first game like this, but I think I understand what will happen (I think I used to many comas :())
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:28 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

5 year invitational. Was a scary, scary game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:49 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm here, but I am going to be away from the computer at least the rest of today, if not most of the weekend. Will post something substantive when I get back.
Retired as of October 2014.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:11 am

Post by JamesSparrow »

neongrey wrote: Pressure-votes, but they're trying to avoid a speedlynch, I expect.
That is accurate, I wanted to show my stance, but make it clear that I wasn't going to be supporting a rash, speedy lynch. I saw that the bandwagon was already growing fast.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:37 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

DrippingGoofball- 6 (Fritzler, Fuldu, Twomz, LoudMouthLee, JamesSparrow, creampuffeater)
HezLucky- 1 (DrippingGoofball)
LoudMouthLee- 1 (HezLucky)
RandomActs- 1 (Thoth)

Not voting (
12): broomhead, Dead Rikimaru, logicticus, Mastermind of Sin, Mini Neo, Mr. Flay, neongrey, RandomActs, TheCesspit, tidus_of_zanarkand, TSAGod, Yosarian2

11 to lynch.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:56 am

Post by TheCesspit »

JamesSparrow wrote:
neongrey wrote: Pressure-votes, but they're trying to avoid a speedlynch, I expect.
That is accurate, I wanted to show my stance, but make it clear that I wasn't going to be supporting a rash, speedy lynch. I saw that the bandwagon was already growing fast.
I assume now it's stalled your happy to keep your stance that way?

Surely you can show your stance by posting, rather than voting?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:03 am

Post by Fuldu »

broomhead wrote:well out of pure curiosity, has anyone played or know of a game with no power roles like this one? i'd like to read it, or hear about experience.
I was scum and won the second of the two minis this is based on, More Mountainous Mafia. On the other hand, between the two of us, LML and I ruined Day Two of the Five Year Invitational for town, with consequences through the rest of the game. The main difference between the two was that the Five Year, unlike this setup, wasn't an open setup. Things would have gone much differently in that game if we'd
known
that there were only townies.

Oh, and as long as you're fishing for experienced players,
FOS: broomhead
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:52 am

Post by JamesSparrow »

TheCesspit wrote: Surely you can show your stance by posting, rather than voting?
yes, but few could argue with the fact that votes speak louder, and more quickly than words.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”