Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

LoudmouthLee wrote:I'd right now be happiest with an ooba exploding.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:42 am

ooba wrote:It is a neutral move - Disadvantage with it is that stupid townies can blow you up (ala Greasy Spot) - but it is in the townies best interests to discuss and then have two people blow each other up - It does not put the "Town in danger" as you stated it. No particular advantage . So i guess i struck a light because i can.
It's a neutral move in the sense that it would be a bad move for a townie as well as for a scum to do, but for the town as a whole, everyone striking lights isn't optimal.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

Nightson
Surye
ooba
Marmalade

Players in red have been alight for more than 24 hours and may make a Dynamite attack on anyone.

NOTE: I will be away from now until Monday 14th April
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:13 am

Post by kuribo »

The other thing is that by blowing someone up, you're not around to take heat or responsibility for your actions.

Further, I think scum is less likely to put themselves in danger anyway since it's a bit of a numbers game. They get a night kill and we don't--- I doubt they'll sacrifice themselves to kill a townie.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 am

Post by ooba »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
It is a neutral move - Disadvantage with it is that stupid townies can blow you up (ala Greasy Spot) - but it is in the townies best interests to discuss and then have two people blow each other up - It does not put the "Town in danger" as you stated it. No particular advantage . So i guess i struck a light because i can.
No, Ooba. It is not a neutral move!

it's a move of hostility. It puts you in a power, within 24 hours, to kill anyone. It puts you immediately in danger of being dynamited.

If we would discuss before the lights are struck, then things would be better.

The problem is that you guys are blinded with the power of being ABLE to kill someone that you aren't thinking logically.

I'm really feeling Ooba to be scum.
Its a neutral move from the standpoint of a smart townie - if the entire town (scum have to agree to this too) decide to discuss about the possibilities of who to kill and then make them blow up each other - then me striking or not striking a light has no effect on the game.
kuribo wrote:Risking two fast town kills before moving to night with no discussion is NOT a neutral move.

Because you guys struck your lights already, we could wind up with as many as SIX dead townies before we've even begun discussions. How is that neutral?
Did i say i'm striking a light to kill someone after 24 hours? - I did it because i think its neutral and does not affect the game in anyway.

I consider this a normal game with two lynches. I am not going to dynamite anyone without the town consensus.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:04 am

Post by kuribo »

ooba wrote:[

Did i say i'm striking a light to kill someone after 24 hours? - I did it because i think its neutral and does not affect the game in anyway.

I consider this a normal game with two lynches. I am not going to dynamite anyone without the town consensus.
But you're opening yourself up to someone dynamiting you recklessly, which is still bad for the town.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:17 am

kuribo wrote:The other thing is that by blowing someone up, you're not around to take heat or responsibility for your actions.
By blowing someone up, you die. I doubt you'd have to take heat after that.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:18 am

ooba wrote:Its a neutral move from the standpoint of a smart townie - if the entire town (scum have to agree to this too) decide to discuss about the possibilities of who to kill and then make them blow up each other - then me striking or not striking a light has no effect on the game.
No, it
does
affect the game. If you're pressured and scum, you can dynamite one of the most townish players instead of being dynamited by someone scummy. Similarly, if another scum's being pressured, that scum can dynamite you. For the town as a whole, there can only be negative consequences.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:32 am

Post by ooba »

kuribo wrote:But you're opening yourself up to someone dynamiting you recklessly, which is still bad for the town.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
ooba wrote:Its a neutral move from the standpoint of a smart townie - if the entire town (scum have to agree to this too) decide to discuss about the possibilities of who to kill and then make them blow up each other - then me striking or not striking a light has no effect on the game.
No, it
does
affect the game. If you're pressured and scum, you can dynamite one of the most townish players instead of being dynamited by someone scummy. Similarly, if another scum's being pressured, that scum can dynamite you. For the town as a whole, there can only be negative consequences.
Point taken. I shall not Strike a light at the beginning of anyday henceforth. The entire town should follow this.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:50 am

But now that you struck a light anyway, who'd you like to see blown up most, ooba?
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:57 am

Post by ooba »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:But now that you struck a light anyway, who'd you like to see blown up most, ooba?
Well a lot of players haven't even posted once . It's like asking who do you think is scum in page 3 of day 1 of a normal game - too early to tell.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
PokerFace wrote:1) you encouraged someone to blow up blaze runner early in the game. Why? Got other reasoning or were you just agreeing with greasy spot?
2) anybody but you should blow him up of course and then you say you'll blow up someone that votes you?
1) Yes. I thought Blazerunner was trying to blend in. It would've been better if someone else had killed him, though.
2) That 'anybody should blow him up' was because I wasn't sold on Greasy Spot's guilt. I'd rather have waited for a better target to present itself. The second post was nonsense.
Don't you think we would have more information if we had waited for each of the other players to weigh in on the Blazerunner blowing up before actually doing so?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:03 am

Post by kuribo »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
kuribo wrote:The other thing is that by blowing someone up, you're not around to take heat or responsibility for your actions.
By blowing someone up, you die. I doubt you'd have to take heat after that.
Yes, that's what I was getting at--- it's not like a normal mafia game where quicklynching or hammering will cause discussion.

Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Quagmire »

holy schlamoly this game started
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Sarcastro »

I think somebody should kill Quag.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:03 am

Ooba, as soon as your 24 hours have passed, feel free to dynamite the hell outa Quag.

Quag, if you have anything to say in the meantime, I suggest you hurry up.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:46 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm sorry I didn't get to see any of Day 1, but I definitely agree with the don't-strike-a-light unless you need to post. Also, the vote system can be utilized very well in this game.

That said, the people who struck a light early in the day's start, both on Day 1 and 2, could prove to be useful information. Stupid scum might not strike a light to avoid being daykilled, but smart scum would strike a light without planning to do anything with it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I can undestand people thinking that by striking a light they look anti-scum, but in general it just dosn't seem like a good idea. The biggest danger in this kind of game often seems to be silly, impulsive decisions by random townies, and the more people strike a light the more chances there are for people to be impulsive. I'd rather see people strike a light for a specific reason, and give the town a chance to comment first before they blow themselves up.

On another note, this kind of setup makes it WAY too easy for scum to lurk while all the townies kill each other off. That's how the scum won in the first MAD game, and it could easily happen again here. So we've got to make sure the days are long enough so everyone has a chance to post some real content, and I'm also personally going to be keeping a very close eye on lurkers; I think lurking is an especlaly strong scumtell this game, because lurking is more likely to be a good scum tactic in this kind of game.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 am

Post by pickemgenius »

STRIKE A LIGHT

Hello also.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Quagmire »

So, wait a second. Why should I be blasted again?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Quagmire »

I've only been sick and incredibly busy the last week and a half, so now I can get started with the game
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Quagmire »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Ooba, as soon as your 24 hours have passed, feel free to dynamite the hell outa Quag.

Quag, if you have anything to say in the meantime, I suggest you hurry up.
hurry up with what?!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Elmo »

Hi, this is me not striking a light
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

1. Adel

2. armlx

3. Claus

4. Cogito Ergo Scum

5. Elmo

6. elvis_knits

7. Erg0

8. Flameaxe

9. kuribo

10. LoudmouthLee

11. Marmalade

12. Nightson

13. ooba

14. pickemgenius
15. PokerFace
16. Quagmire
17. Sarcastro
18. Skitzer

19. Skruffs

20. Surye

21. UltimaAvalon

22. Yosarian2

Green = Checked in D2
Orange = Checked in D1 / Not D2
Red = No Checkin

No blowing up anyone until we're all green, at least.

PS: Everyone, please reread Suyre and tell me if that sounds scummy to you. I missed the post the first time, but it perked my scumdar up when I read it while making this list.

Edit While Posting: Elmo checked in, kinda. I will still mark him as red until something of relative content comes from him.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Marmalade »

pickemgenius wrote:
STRIKE A LIGHT

Hello also.
Why?
Elmo wrote:Hi, this is me not striking a light
I find this post rather interesting.

Also, to those criticising light striking: although now realising the error in my ways, I did it because of my previous reading of Bad Idea II Mafia, where there were examples of rash kills, and people having to wait before they could potentially intercept them. I incorrectly assumed that those who wanted to, at one point, kill Jack, were in fact impeded by such a restriction. After a quick re-read of the game, I realise this isn't in fact the case (it was a while ago that I read the game, and although I should have re-read... I didn't.)
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”