Newbie 940 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Newbie 940 - Game over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You awaken to the hustle and bustle of your home town’s daily activity. Little did you know that the peaceful quiet of your normal, everyday life would come crashing down today. It seems that one of your fellow citizens has angered the Mob, and has paid for it with his life! What are you going to do? Why, you’re going to get your peaceful, little town back, that’s what…

Your job, fair citizens of the town’s Ruling Council, is to discover who among you belong to the Mafia and summarily lynch them. Two of your fellow Council members are working for the Mafia - find them before they take over the Council and the town!

Living Players (1)
-
Confirmed players are in bold.

Nachomamma8 *
Mafia Roleblocker

* = Inexperience Challenged (IC)
^ = Semi-Experienced (SE)

The IC(s) are here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Dead Players (6)

Sweenytodd ^
(replaced hiphop),
Townie
, lynched Day 1
AurorusVox
Townie
, killed Night 1
hohum
(replaced Die Prediger),
Townie
, lynched Day 2
silverbullet999
Townie
, killed Night 2
Nobody Special
(replaced Jerako),
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3
Haylen *
(replaced Pulindar),
Townie
, killed Night 3
Equinox
(replaced Sauron, [no]),
Townie
, lynched Day 4
Thor665 ^
Townie
, killed in Endgame

Nachomamma8
won the game for the
Mafia
team!!

Game Links

Day 1 Lynch | Day 2 Lynch | Day 3 Lynch | Day 4 Lynch
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:05 am, edited 24 times in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  6. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  7. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  8. All Newbie games have strict 3-week deadlines.
    Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances. Each Night phase will be up to 72 hours long.
  9. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  2. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    ).
  3. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
    Unvote: Player
    or
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes/Unvotes that are bolded correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count. Attempting to fake a vote will result in a Modkill.
  6. In the case of a tie at deadline, the person who had the most votes before the tie will be lynched. If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  7. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  8. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
  9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.
Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  1. Red
    or
    Purple
    text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if I can’t read it, don’t post it).
  2. Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per RL day, whichever is less.
  3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  5. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

6. Prods of missing players will be issued after 72 hours (3 days) of no activity, or by request after 48 hours. Weekends count as one day. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  7. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
  8. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other.

There is a ZERO tolerance policy for personal attacks in this game and I will remove you from the game without warning if you get too personal.

Helpful Links:
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Sun May 09, 2010 12:55 am, edited 8 times in total.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

name
(a Mafia Goon) and
name
(who is also a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must
    send me a PM
    with your choice of who to kill.
  • You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

name
(a Mafia Roleblocker) and
name
(a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must
    send me a PM
    with your choice of who to kill.
  • The Mafia Roleblocker has the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • The Mafia should send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block (usually along with the kill). If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether the roleblock worked or not.
  • The Mafia may communicate privately via QuickTopic up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

All players have confirmed and Day 1 has begun.

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, May 4.

Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:41 am

Post by Pulindar »

IC stuffHi guys, apparently I'm one of two ICs that you're going to have this game.

I'd like to start off by letting you know that as an IC I'm here to help you guys out, and to clarify things. If you have any questions about anything in the game, feel free to ask me here. If you need help with a few things externally (rules and general stuff like that) you may pm me. Please do not pm me about anything in game. Anyway. To help you guys out here are a few things I find extremely important in the beginning.

Editing
We are not allowed to edit our posts after we submit them. This is to ensure that everyone can look back and correctly see what was said. It also leaves room for slips. There are times though when people want to edit something, or make a continuation post. At the top of those posts type
EBWOP
It means Edit By Way of Post.

ISO
Isolation. It's a way to read players... At the bottom of the page there is a thing that says display posts from previous. Then there are three drop down boxes the middle one says all users. Select that box and then choose a user who has posted in the thread. Thus you read them in Isolation and can often get a different viewpoint of them. Remember post count starts at 0.

RVS
Random Vote Section. A fun way to start most games and get to know each other. often includes Random question section as well. It helps generate discussion and gets people talking.

To continue, HI NACHO. (he's one of my favorite people to play with.) Nacho was in my first newbie game, which was actually modded by VRK. I don't know either of the SEs, but I'm sure I'll get to know them soon. :)

Vote Nacho
for being the first person to have solid reads on me in multiple games.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Hello, this is my second game, and I look forwards to playing with you all >:D

Vote: [no]
because I like the square brackets and I think it will cloud my judgement later in the game :P
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:34 am

Post by Pulindar »

Oh, By the way, Nacho is at L-4 that means that 4 more votes will lynch him. I guess [no] is as well.

It's just something to keep up on, accidental lynches are the worst.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Die Prediger
Die Prediger
Townie
Die Prediger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Die Prediger »

Hello people! Its also my second game here in mafiascum.net. I hope we all can have some fun togheter.

So, to start the RVS and dont get anyone on L-3, Ill

vote Pulindar

because he was the first to post.
newb 1037
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:28 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Hey all, this is my first game on mafiascum.

My first action will be

Vote: Die Prediger

Cause someone with the name of die simply can't be trusted!
... People were right it seems....
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

Intentional choice not to put someone at L-3? 'Hai guyz, I am not scum becauze I don't pile on votes in RVS'

Exact quote.
Die Prediger
Die Prediger
Townie
Die Prediger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Die Prediger »

But maybe you are scum enough to pile on vote and take someone to L-3, right Thor?

After one post youre capable to know who is or not scum? Or youre just trying to convince the townies to lynch one of them randomly while you and your scum teammate escapes?

unvote
Vote Thor
newb 1037
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

Die Prediger wrote:But maybe you are scum enough to pile on vote and take someone to L-3, right Thor?
Interesting. Re-read your post above this one and tell me how you're doing anything differently. Haven't you just decided I'm scum based off of a single post?
Die Prediger
Die Prediger
Townie
Die Prediger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Die Prediger »

silverbullet999 wrote:

Cause someone with the name of die simply can't be trusted!
Die Prediger = The Preacher (german).
newb 1037
Die Prediger
Die Prediger
Townie
Die Prediger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Die Prediger »

Thor665 wrote:
Die Prediger wrote:But maybe you are scum enough to pile on vote and take someone to L-3, right Thor?
Interesting. Re-read your post above this one and tell me how you're doing anything differently. Haven't you just decided I'm scum based off of a single post?
Youre right. I did the same thing that youve done. We can find scummy behavior all the time, no? You just have to want to.
newb 1037
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

Excellent - so we agree that scummy behavior can be found in one post.

Why are you voting me again? Your claim thus far (insomuch as I can tell) was that it was scummy of me to find scummy behavior in one post. You've just agreed that's not scummy, so clearly you have to see something scummy in me besides that, what is it?

Also, do you think AurorusVox is scummy for wanting to vote for people she thinks she'll get positive vibes off of later in the game?
Die Prediger
Die Prediger
Townie
Die Prediger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Die Prediger »

Thor665 wrote:Excellent - so we agree that scummy behavior can be found in one post.
Yes, in one, but hardly on the first. It would be smarter to wait some time, dont you think?
Thor665 wrote: Why are you voting me again? Your claim thus far (insomuch as I can tell) was that it was scummy of me to find scummy behavior in one post. You've just agreed that's not scummy, so clearly you have to see something scummy in me besides that, what is it?
Nope, the reason was not that one. If you read carefully, you will see the reason is to take someone to L-3 rightaway. Or youre just trying to pressure on me, or you are on a scum bandwagon. So you can take 2 reasons why i voted on you.
Thor665 wrote:Also, do you think AurorusVox is scummy for wanting to vote for people she thinks she'll get positive vibes off of later in the game?
Nope, should I?

Besides, what do you think about someone that votes just because the name of the other?
newb 1037
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:11 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Can someone please clarify something for me? Does "5 to lynch" mean we
have
to get five votes on someone to lynch them? Or is it just the number of votes that
guarantees
that someone gets lynched? I.e. can someone be lynched with the highest number of votes, even if its not >50%?

Answer is in the rules post:

# A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).

This means that for Day 1 you need 5 votes on one person to lynch them.

# At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur. There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.

If the deadline rolls around and no one has 5 votes, you only need 3 votes. If two or more people have 3 votes, the first person to 3 gets the noose. If no one has 3 votes, a No Lynch occurs.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:13 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Die Prediger wrote:Besides, what do you think about someone that votes just because the name of the other?
I was under the impression that this was the Random Voting Stage. Surely I don't need real reasons for voting someone at this point? >_>
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Die Prediger
Die Prediger
Townie
Die Prediger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Die Prediger »

Hey, that was a question to Thor... you dont need to feel attacked... unless you fear that.
newb 1037
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:30 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I have to learn to stop answering questions aimed at other people. I did that at the start of my previous game too :(
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

================Rule Question======================
AurorusVox wrote:Can someone please clarify something for me? Does "5 to lynch" mean we
have
to get five votes on someone to lynch them? Or is it just the number of votes that
guarantees
that someone gets lynched? I.e. can someone be lynched with the highest number of votes, even if its not >50%?
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).

At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur.
There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.
===============================================
Die Prediger wrote:Yes, in one, but hardly on the first. It would be smarter to wait some time, dont you think?
Wait for what? Some random length of time to start scumhunting? No, no I do not think that.
Nope, the reason was not that one. If you read carefully, you will see the reason is to take someone to L-3 rightaway. Or youre just trying to pressure on me, or you are on a scum bandwagon. So you can take 2 reasons why i voted on you.
1. Taking someone to L-3 is not in and of itself scummy (and town needs to do this during the game).
2. Trying to put pressure on a player is not in and of itself scummy (and town needs to do this during the game).
3. Or I could be scum, yes, that would be scummy.
Thor665 wrote:Also, do you think AurorusVox is scummy for wanting to vote for people she thinks she'll get positive vibes off of later in the game?
Nope, should I?
Maybe. Why would you want to vote for someone you were getting positive energy from? Votes should go towards people you have negative energy towards. Do you disagree?
Besides, what do you think about someone that votes just because the name of the other?
Depends when it happens. Within the first two pages - I generally have no issue with it. Beyond that I have very strong issues with it.
AurorusVox wrote:I was under the impression that this was the Random Voting Stage. Surely I don't need real reasons for voting someone at this point? >_>
I read this and found it very insightful

You don't need "real reasons" but your reasons are real (if you catch the difference) and I am content to hold you to what you said. Are you suggesting we shouldn't hold players accountable for what they say?
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Pulindar »

AurorusVox wrote:Can someone please clarify something for me? Does "5 to lynch" mean we
have
guarantees
VRK wrote:# At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur. There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.
IC Info AV, we need to get 1/2 of the living players, rounded down, +1 votes on someone to lynch in this game. Every mod is different so it is important to read and discover what they will do when there are not enough votes at deadline. VRK, in this game, will knock the number of votes needed in half (I think rounded up) and the one with the most will be lynched. If tied then the one who got there first will be lynched.

Different mods are different, and the same mod can be different in different games. (Haylen for instance will kill the one with the most votes, or if tied the one who got there first. not needing half.) To lynch someone before deadline Day One in this game we need 5 votes on that person. To lynch someone at deadline Day One of this game we'll probably need at least 3 votes. Without that VRK makes it a no Lynch. At that point we move onto night.

In my opinion this would, usually, be a good thing for scum as the only way we can kill them is through lynching. and lynching provides flips which often helps lead to scum as well.

Also, I don't find a problem with answering questions aimed at other people it shows your involved. Just don't do it when specifically asked not to.

This RVS is going fairly well, but we need more people to jump in. Anyway,

Unvote Nacho
L-5
Vote Die Prediger
L-2

Die Prediger
1.) Do you think Bandwagons are a scummy thing?
2.) Do you think pressure is scummy?
3.) If so, please say why.
4.) Can someone determine scum reliably from one post?
5.) If I showed you an example where someone did you would you think they could?
6.) What is your favorite role and why?

Thor
1.) Did you truly find Die Prediger's post scummy?
2.) If not, where you just testing him?
3.) You did not quote him, but implied what he said. While I understand the implication you gave, it feels like a misrepresentation Do you accept that charge?
4.) Do you feel his vote on you was in any way OMGUS
5.) if so why? If not Why not?
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Pulindar »

EBWOP

I forgot to include this definition for those of you who don't know.
IC Info
OMGUS
Oh My Gosh You're Stupid. Basically this is when you vote someone for no reason other than that they're making a case against you. When you don't have a strong enough case against them to prove that they're scum, but because they're voting you you feel they must be. This type of voting is generally frowned upon.

VRK and Thor both Sniped me :(
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:59 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Thor665 wrote:You don't need "real reasons" but your reasons are real (if you catch the difference) and I am content to hold you to what you said. Are you suggesting we shouldn't hold players accountable for what they say?
No, of course not. Players should always be held accountable for what they say. You can still hold me to my statement that I like the punctuation, namely the square brackets "[" and "]", for as long as you like. I prefer BB code to HTML for this very reason.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Pulindar wrote:
Thor1.) Did you truly find Die Prediger's post scummy?
2.) If not, where you just testing him?
3.) You did not quote him, but implied what he said. While I understand the implication you gave, it feels like a misrepresentation Do you accept that charge?
4.) Do you feel his vote on you was in any way OMGUS
5.) if so why? If not Why not?
1. That is a complicated question. During RVS the threshold of what is or is not scummy can be modified quite dramatically. I found it 'scummy enough' I suppose is the best way to describe it. I would certainly not advance a scum claim on those merits alone at any point other then during the very opening of a game, however.

2. I do not see this as mutually exclusive. Why would you think a vote has to be for either a perceived scum tell *or* to 'test' someone?

3. I did not imply what he said. I offered my interpretation of what he said. I accept that it was my interpretation. Do *you* think it was a misrep of him?

4. Going with the purest definition of OMGUS (oh my gawd, you suck - for the newbies). An OMGUS vote is a vote made on someone only because they are attacking/voting for you. I do not believe Die's vote was OMGUS.

5. He attempted to provide reasons for his counter vote. I am unimpressed by his reasons which is why I was pressuring him to justify the logic of his vote, but since his vote wasn't parsed "You're voting for me? Obv scum is obvious" it was not OMGUS.

I disagree with you as far as the 'it's okay to answer questions directed at others' because that then allows the person who was asked the question to frame their answer in a cop-out way by saying 'ah, what he said' instead of actually answering it themselves.

Aurorus answered a question that had already been answered, however, so I have zero issue with that specific point.

If I ask a question of someone I do not think I should need to say each and every time that I expect their answer to the question (if we're going that route I wish it to be understood that all my questions will have this caveat attached to them even if I do not type it out)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”