Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 962 (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Crazy »

Alive:

Haylen
kindred_spirit
-
Mafia Goon

Dead:

GroupThink
Verbs
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 1
AKnottedRope
-
Cop
- Shot Night 1
Robocopter87
-
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day 2
AGar
vrtra
-
Vanilla Townie
- Shot Night 2
Kleedrac
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 3
Nobody Special
Cove
Hero764
-
Vanilla Townie
- Shot Night 3
Equinox
Tidher
AQUA
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 4
diginova
Remy
-
Vanilla Townie
- Killed in Endgame

In
italics
are your SE's.
Underlined
is your IC.

When I have received your confirmation, your name will be in bold above.

When all players have confirmed, the game will start on Day 1.
Last edited by Crazy on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Crazy »

Basics:

1. If I modkill you due to a breach of rules, the Day will end and you will lose your win condition.
2. Play nice. No personal attacks will be tolerated.
3. Do not play this game on more than one account, period.
4. Do not discuss this game with anybody else outside this game thread, unless if you're mafia, and in that case, only during Night, only in your assigned quicktopics. (Similarly, don't talk about other ongoing games in this thread.)
5. Do not quote directly from your Role PM or any role PM.
6. Winning isn't everything, but you need to play to win.
7. If you have any questions, your IC (Inexperience Challenged) player and SE (semi-experienced) player should be able to help. If it's about your role, PM it to me. If I have made a mistake in a vote count or something, you can point it out to me by PM or by a bolded
Mod:
in thread.

Voting, Lynching, Death

1. To vote for somebody, type this:
Vote: Crazy
. At least part of it must be in bold for me to count it (preferably all of it.) The colon is optional. I will accept abbreviations for player names as long as it's obvious to whom you're referring. (For example -
Vote: VRK
instead of
Vote: Vel-Rahn Koon
is fine.)
2. To remove your vote, type
Unvote
in bold. You don't have to unvote before revoting, but I would prefer it.
3. You may also
Vote: No Lynch
. If a majority of players vote this way, then the game will go straight to Night with nobody being lynched.
4. I will try to keep an updated vote count posted regularly.
5. A lynch will occur as soon as a majority (greater than 50%) of the players are voting for a single individual.
6. The time between the final vote that causes a lynch and my updating of the thread is known as "twilight." Anybody may still talk in-thread during twilight, but no vote-changing will be honored.
7. Once you are dead, do not post at all in the thread. Not even a "bah" post. Likewise, do not communicate with anybody still in the game once you're dead.

Deadlines and Activity

1. If a player does not post for 72 hours, they will be prodded by PM. If they do not respond to the prod within 48 hours, I will start looking for a replacement. If the player returns to the game before I can find a replacement, they can stay. If I have already found a replacement, then the replacement stays.
2. If you indicate
V/LA
(Vacation/Limited Access) in thread or by PM, you are immune to the above rule as long as you're on V/LA. Do not abuse this - lying about V/LA is not acceptable.
3. Each day will have a set deadline of 3 WEEKS. I will extend the deadline if the circumstances require it due to massive V/LA or needed replacements close to deadline.
4. If no majority of votes is reached at deadline, then nobody will be lynched.
5. Each night has a deadline of 72 HOURS. I will extend this as necessary if any replacements are needed. I will also update the thread earlier if I receive all night actions earlier.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Crazy »

This game setup is called F11, and there is an equal chance of having any of the four following role combinations:

a. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
b. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Vanilla Townies
c. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
d. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies

The possible role PMs are as follows:
Mafia Goon wrote:You are a Mafia Goon and you are aligned with your partner, _____ (who is a Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day here - *link*, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.

To confirm your role, reply to this Role PM. Day 1 will start as soon as all players have confirmed.

The game thread is here - http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14205
Mafia Roleblocker wrote:You are a Mafia Roleblocker and you are aligned with your partner _________ (who is a Mafia Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day here - *link*, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.

To confirm you role, reply to this Role PM. Day 1 will start as soon as all players have confirmed.

Cop wrote:You are the Cop, and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues). You cannot investigate yourself.

To confirm your role, reply to this Role PM. Day 1 will start as soon as all players have confirmed.

Doctor wrote:You are the Doctor, and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person they protect will never die on the night they are protected). You may not protect yourself.

Vanilla Townie wrote:You are a Vanilla Townie, and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Crazy »

I've got mallowgeno to replace Verbs and Cove to replace Hero764. The game will start once they confirm.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Crazy »

Actually, it's GroupThink that's replacing Verbs. The game starts now.

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(0)
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(0)
Kleedrac
(0)
Remy
(0)
AQUA
(0)
vrtra
(0)
Cove
(0)
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(9) - AKnottedRope, kindred_spirit, GroupThink, Kleedrac, Remy, AQUA, vrtra, Cove, Robocopter87

With 9 alive, 5 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is
June 20th
Last edited by Crazy on Sun May 30, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

3 days and several replacements later and we're under way. Considering no one LIKES playing scum and the role got several replacements it's safe to assume that GroupThink is scummy!
Vote GroupThink
Lookin' smug since 1979
GroupThink
GroupThink
Goon
GroupThink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by GroupThink »

Cove was replaced as well; are you intentionally leaving him out?

vote Cove
You never pass a test of faith.
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Cove »

Vote: Robocopter87

Not up for 20 questions this game.
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Cove »

Ninja'd by GroupThink:

I fail to see the correlation between your first statement and your vote.
vrtra
vrtra
Goon
vrtra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by vrtra »

Hey everyone, I am one of your 2 SE's. This is my third game and I'm excited to get it moving after a long confirmations phase ;p
Kleedrac wrote:3 days and several replacements later and we're under way. Considering no one LIKES playing scum and the role got several replacements it's safe to assume that GroupThink is scummy!
Vote GroupThink
I liked playing scum last game; you are overgeneralizing!
Vote: Kleedrac
Show
The personification of chaos

Role: W/L
Town: 1/0
Scum: 1/0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Massclaim time! I'm the NK-immune miller vig jester bomb

anywho

Vote:GroupThink
for having your player spot replaced twice already.
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Kleedrac »

vrtra wrote:Hey everyone, I am one of your 2 SE's. This is my third game and I'm excited to get it moving after a long confirmations phase ;p
Kleedrac wrote:3 days and several replacements later and we're under way. Considering no one LIKES playing scum and the role got several replacements it's safe to assume that GroupThink is scummy!
Vote GroupThink
I liked playing scum last game; you are overgeneralizing!
Vote: Kleedrac
YOU HEARD THAT?! I HEARD THAT!! You like being scum! Enjoy being lynched sir!
Unvote
Vote: vrtra

Note this totally isn't OMGUS Fnord
Lookin' smug since 1979
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

GroupThink wrote:Cove was replaced as well; are you intentionally leaving him out?

vote Cove
This seems a little defensive to me. Why are you reacting like this to a random vote?
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Remy
Remy
Townie
Remy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Remy »

Vote: AKnottedRope
for having a name that is just asking for a lynching.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(1) - Remy
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(1) - AKnottedRope
Kleedrac
(1) - vrtra
Remy
(0)
AQUA
(0)
vrtra
(1) - Kleedrac
Cove
(1) - GroupThink
Robocopter87
(1) - Cove

Not voting
(3) - kindred_spirit, AQUA, Robocopter87

Deadline for Day 1 is
June 20th
AQUA
AQUA
Townie
AQUA
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by AQUA »

vote vrtra

You've been mafia 50% of your games, therefore through my unfailing logic you have a 50% chance of being a mafia.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

A knotted Rope wrote: Massclaim time! I'm the NK-immune miller vig jester bomb
Claim: double voter tree stump duck fire fighter backup flavor cop!

Ok! I just happen to be your friendly neighboorhood IC!
First I suggest that people read up on the wiki and read this so people understand all the abbreviations people use:Commonly Used Abbreviations

I also suggest that everyone READS ALL POSTS! If you don't read all poss you might miss something and get a completly different meaning from that person.

I usually like to start out with RQS(Random Question Stage) instead of RVS(Random Voting Stage) so I would like if everyone answers these few questions.
I'll answer with some sort of explanation after everyone else answers. PLease try and put some detail into your answers, like sentences instead of a one word answer.

1. Where you from?
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
4. Whats your playstyle?And if you've never played before what would you do in a panicky situation?
5. Are you excited to play?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?

Well I can't resist to vote some random unsuspecting person soooo
vote: Remy!

Oh, and please preview what your post will look like in case you messed up your quote tags.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Cove »

1. Where you from?

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Timezone is GMT -3.5

2. Coke or Pepsi?

Vanilla Coke was my favorite all time soft drink.

3. Are you nervous?

Not in the slightest. I don't get nervous until LYLO hits. Co-incidentally, that's when my A-game takes over.

4. Whats your playstyle?And if you've never played before what would you do in a panicky situation?

I play a logical game and I'm not afraid to take risks. I love high-risk, high-reward play. I can't think of a situation I'd be in this game where I'd need to panic, I stopped panicking when I stopped being a complete newb.

Of course I am. I'm always excited to see red text show up in the role of a lynched player.

6/7. Lynch all lurkers/liars?

Active lurking is one of my favorite D1 newbie game tells to use. With the lying, it completely depends, as some of the best high-risk high-reward plays involve some lying. One thing though, is that if you are a vanilla townie and claim a PR, this is NOT COOL and is highly lynchable.

Now that that's over, GroupThink's vote is precarious and he needs to respond to my statement about its correlation to his first statement.

Unvote

Vote: GroupThink
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Kleedrac »

1. Where you from?
Yorkton, SK, CA
2. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke - anyone who likes Pepsi is scum!
3. Are you nervous?
Not overly, why, are you?
Try to build cases, get questioned on logic, get lynched day 1 (at least lately :P )
Very much so
6. Lynch all lurkers?
Assuming we can't find scum then yes, it gives us less information on the next day but it makes up for that by culling the herd down to active townies and scum which helps more in the long run I find.
7. Lynch all Liars?
YES assuming they don't have a very very good reason such as a provable gambit or somesuch.

This is my first game here though I've played on somethingawful forums and such. I am a little concerned by the three week deadline on day 1 as I can't help but think it will promote ignoring the thread for 2.5 weeks :P No one is going to want to drop the hammer before the deadline and anyone on the block will try to promote weeks worth of conversation. Is this normal for this site? The FAQ listed the average length of a newbie game 3 weeks or did that mean day 1?
Lookin' smug since 1979
Kleedrac
Kleedrac
Townie
Kleedrac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Kleedrac »

EBWOP ^
It should be noted I'm at GMT-6 Saskatchewan (meaning we don't do that whole daylight savings time scam you guys do ;) )
Lookin' smug since 1979
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Cove »

Kleedrac: If the game goes well, and there aren't that many lurkers, we should be able to make a decision well before the 3 week mark.

Placing hammers is not a scum tell in and of itself, and can be a town tell. It depends on the situation, so people shouldn't be afraid to hammer before deadline. One thing that I ask is that we don't hammer people before they are given a chance to claim. Also people should NOT CLAIM until they are at L-1 (lynch minus one, or one vote away from being hammered) AND someone has expressed an interest in hammering and asks for the claim.

Hammering without asking for a claim is very poor style and can be very scummy.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

AKnottedRope
(1) - Remy
kindred_spirit
(0)
GroupThink
(2) - AKnottedRope, Cove
Kleedrac
(1) - vrtra
Remy
(1) - Robocopter87
AQUA
(0)
vrtra
(2) - Kleedrac, AQUA
Cove
(1) - GroupThink
Robocopter87
(0)

Not voting
(1) - kindred_spirit

Deadline for Day 1 is
June 20th
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Robocopter87 wrote: 1. Where you from?
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. Are you nervous?
6. Lynch all lurkers?
7. Lynch all Liars?
1)Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

2)Pepsi, but being from NC, I'm a little biased. (Pepsi was first made in New Bern, North Carolina)

3)Not at all!

4)Can anyone ever truly define their own playstyle?

5)Of course! It's my first game on this site, why wouldn't I be?

6)Lynch all active lurkers, especially day 1. That's a huge scumtell to me.

7)In a noobie game, no. I have a feeling people will lie to keep themselves alive if they're scum or not here.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by AKnottedRope »

Also, answer these same questions yourself, robo.
Show

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
Cove
Cove
Goon
Cove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Cove »

Paging GroupThink to the thread. I repeat, GroupThink to Aisle 962.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”