Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Cecily »

Well, if we're at that stage already...

vote: voidedmafia

Because that ain't no planet, that's our sun.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Cecily »

yeah, cool right? I think it's a combination of x-ray and visible with most of the intensity cut out. But it's been some time since I found it, so I could be wrong about the specific wavelengths.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Cecily »

mikemike778 wrote:
Cecily wrote:yeah, cool right? I think it's a combination of x-ray and visible with most of the intensity cut out. But it's been some time since I found it, so I could be wrong about the specific wavelengths.
someone's been having you on ...
If having me on means pulling my leg, then... nope.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Cecily »

Woo RVS.
vote: mikemike

Because you have two first names and I find that very scummy.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Cecily »

I guess we should get things moving.
I'd like to ask some questions, just because we can't stay in RVS forever unfortunately.
1. When are you most likely to be posting?
2. How would you describe your play style?

I'm on the east coast of the US so I'll be posting mostly in the evenings my time.
And I like to keep my posts short, I don't quote stuff unless it's absolutely necessary, and I like to target people more by what they do and less by what they say, because I'm not very good at expressing my opinions so I don't like to scrutinize people too much for their word choice.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Cecily »

The only reason I ask the time frame question is because last game I was in, I was lynched in 3.5 hours because scum and traitor hammered before everyone had even seen what was going on, so if that could not happen again I'd be very happy about it.

Voided, why so tense already? This game should be fun, and while I'm not saying that not participating in RVS is scummy, it's not particularly team oriented. Maybe could turn into something anti-town later on, but as of yet I've seen nothing conclusive about his play style.

FoS:
Pappums rat.
Already pushing someone as scum without any evidence and very few posts seems more scummy than not participating in RVS.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Cecily »

I've never liked pushes this early in the game. They sometimes (oftentimes) start wagons that lead to a townie getting killed with very little reason. At least that's how it's gone in my experience, so I'm wary when someone tries to get one going so soon, especially after RVS and without any explanation.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Cecily »

I don't think you could call what I did with pappums tunneling. So far all I've done is given my opinion on him, same as everyone else does and I don't see how, since I didn't actually vote him, that could be considered a bad thing...?

And just to clarify, yes, my question was just an icebreaker, but it's nice to know that I don't have to frantically check this site first thing when I wake up before classes just to make sure I don't have to rush a post.

If it makes you feel any better about the question I was thinking of accompanying it with "what three things would you bring if you were stranded on a desert island?" just to keep the feel of ice breakers, but I didn't think that went along with the game very well and someone would probably have given me crap for asking it.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Cecily »

unvote

I don't see how we could lynch anyone other than voided at this point. Unfortunately, the only way to see if pappums was lying was lynch him, and if he were speaking truth, town will be up, and if he were lying, either he'll get NK'd giving us absolutely no information, or he'll be saved by the doctor, hopefully resulting in no NK, or someone else will die tonight and Pappum's will be the next victim for tomorrow.

That's three positive scenarios that I can see, and only one (pappums NK without voided being scum) detrimental one.

I think the odds are in our favor with him claim, and while I do think it would have been nice to have waited a little bit longer in the day to see if anyone else jumps out as obviously scummy, this is what we've got to work with.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Cecily »

@mikemike, I don't know that theres a doctor. It was a what if situation.

And, voided, you're acting about as scummy as everyone else, which is almost the problem in this situation. No one else is jumping out as obvious scum, and so the only information we have to go off is pappums claim.

Like I said in my previous post, it is an unfortunate way of proving something, but it's really the only way at this point.

vote: voidedmafia
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Cecily »

I have to say, I am impressed with the way Voided has been coming back from pappums' claim. If we were still on the first page and I had to guess, Voided would have been the person I'd expect to blow up fastest at being targeted and him having not done that is surprising. Even though his reaction is not up to what I had anticipated, that's not to say that he's not just uber awesome at keeping calm under pressure. And I've never heard of a neighborizer role before.

The slip from him saying neighbor at first to neighborizer later is also suspicious. Seems like he was just rifling through potential roles, misread one, and now being called on it has to make something else up. Acting like it was just a simple error is a good way of making other people think he actually knew what he was doing. It's a simple and effective lying tactic to keep attention off of a slip up like that.

All that said I don't think we need to wait the entire continuation of this day unless someone is going to admit to being scum, and I think it would be more useful to learn if Voided is actually scum or not before continuing on with deliberations over who his buddies are. We can always come back and re read these pages tomorrow, and knowing explicitly who is lying would definitely be better than throwing random guesses around.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Cecily »

No one's jumped out as scummy specifically because all of the attention is on you. No one is going to try to come to your rescue at this point because that would be suicide if your result comes up scum.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Cecily »

I don't even think thats a fair question to ask because he claimed so early. Honestly, no one has jumped out as scummy yet. Everyone in this game seems for the most part level headed and no one has just been throwing claims around (other than pappums, but thats another story). Those are the two easiest scum tells on day one and they're not strongly present in anyone. That is the reason why everyone's votes are still on you and we're all pretty much in agreement that you will be the person lynched today. If there was another scummy person, I know I'd be looking hard at them because of my lack of trust in pappums. And based off of everyone's criticism of his claim I don't think I'm alone in that. This group of people is hard to read strictly through word choice, and I think this is definitely going to be one of those games where night actions provide more intel than anything else.

And I'm starting to see why fitz commented on andrew earlier.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Cecily »

Well, thanks pappums I guess for getting the game rolling. As of right now I'm still at a loss for anyone else to come off as scummy, probably because many people were V/LA this weekend and not posting much. Voided's claim still seems suspicious though as neighborizer is not a common role and he could have easily picked it to throw everyone off. But then again, I feel like if he were scum he would have picked a more common claim.

And Pappums is pretty much cleared in my book for that gambit, because drawing that much attention to yourself only to say "lol jk" really doesn't strike me as something a scum would do for fear of putting too much of a bad impression in people's heads. And it really did seem to be for the good of the town that he corrected himself. Or he didn't want us to lynch voided only to have people realize he was scum.
On second thought that sounds scummy... I'm confused now.

I'll leave my vote here for now for lack of any better idea of what to do.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Cecily »

I'm definitely understanding the fitz argument about andrew now. I've played with characters like him before and they never get better. I've even gotten down to us two being the last few players and that players hammer coming down to a town loss. If all else fails and we can't decide a scum for today, an andrew (potential) mislynch wouldn't sit high on my conscience.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Cecily »

Woah that's a lot of wall to read through...

I'm going to be honest and say that I didn't do an incredibly thorough read through because my head hurts, but what I've gathered through my skimming is that pappum's gambit as explained through recent posts seemed to be town-oriented and I'm no longer looking at pappums as scummy specifically for it.

Neil does seem to be trying to keep himself out of the spotlight while still targetting fitz, and I agree that the name calling does seem more like a personal attack than something that is beneficial to fitz for learning how to better his argument style. If the name calling in itself wasn't scummy, the "Lol alright fitz" doesn't sit too well with me. It's belittling and rude and leads me to think that neil is saying that stuff to try and make fitz out as the bad guy, which would have worked had he not been called out on it. And upon being called out for the names, he continued to act as though fitz had almost no right to be offended. That is scummy to me.

Blame it on me having the emotions of a girl, but
unvote
vote: neil

I'd be more than happy to clarify on why if anyone has problems with it, but hopefully that can happen after the room stops spinning.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Cecily »

Can I ask why it is such a bad thing to agree with people? I can't post all the time, so when I do unless something big has happened at just the right time, someone else has most likely already called out what I was thinking. That's how wagons form, and that's how scum get killed.

To answer your question, you are keeping yourself out of the spotlight with the name calling. I guess saying out of the spot light isn't exactly the right way to phrase it, and instead maybe keeping yourself out of the line of fire by diverting it elsewhere. I understand that you explained why you chose those words, and while I completely understand the contexts, they were unnecessary. The "Ok little boy?" was condescending. "pompous jerk" could have easily been substituted with just "arrogant". Adding the extra "jerk" in there is what makes it scummy.

And personal attacks on someone you don't think is scum definitely doesn't strike me as town oriented.

And then calling me scum when I expressly stated that my post was not a good one doesn't help my opinion of you. I just hate being prodded and have things in real life that need doing, so sorry if that comes off as "lurking", but I'm doing my best.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Cecily »

Yes, because you're not worth it. You're obnoxious and unhelpful, but I'd rather cast an actual suspicion than go on about a LAL thing. At this point in the game there are enough other people to be concerned with that someone that, while not helping anything, isn't more scummy than anyone else.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Cecily »

Hey, so I don't have time to post today probably, but I'll be back tomorrow for some well read response. Spring break has changed my schedule so this week will be a little weird on my part.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Cecily »

Hey all, I'd like to get this right quick and I apologize that I don't have much time, but reading through what I have I'm very suspicious of fitz. I feel no need to reiterate what everyone else has said, but I agree with idiotkings posts 281-283, as well as with Pappums reasons for why fitz seems scummy. And I'm pretty much opposed to the idea that pappums is scum at this point given his posts defending himself. Claiming that he's planned all of this stuff out so perfectly and known exactly what people were going to accuse him of is movie stuff. Normal, intelligent people can rarely think that far in advance and I don't see that as an option in this game. There are simply too many obstacles and no one would be able to predict them all and react as pappums has been. I'm retracting my name calling argument because it seems to have stopped and my focus is much more on fitz. Once again sorry for not really having time to read through and quote stuff. One again if anyone really wants me to I'll go back and quote stuff and elaborate, but for now I can't.

unvote
vote:havingfitz
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Cecily »

Ok I have some time and I'm just going to work off of what I see first, so if I go out of order, my apologies.

About my unvote of neil. Yes, it is because his attacks have stopped. The only reason it seemed so scummy in the first place was because of how respectful he had seemed initially. And since he has claimed that he never actually believe fitz to be scum I feel like I can overlook the names as just a shift of character, and not as a scummy move.

And now, unfortunately, to explain why I believe fitz is scum means reiterating what most of the other people on his wagon have said. I don't want to attack the willingness to lynch voided when pappums had his claim on him, because most of the rest of us did too so how could that be anything close to a valid reason? In my eyes, its the unwillingness to let the gambit go as simply a way to provoke everyone to talk about things. As a town player, its clear that it was a productive move, because look at where we are now? Everyone is involved in discourse and we actually seem to be getting somewhere. Anyone who disagrees with the fact that discourse is helpful to town is automatically anti-town.

And fitz seems to be so opposed to it that he's attacking the one who started the conversations in the first place. Talking about things is good for town, and at least if something goes wrong today we have all of these posts to look through for more information tomorrow. Pushing a quicklynch without much information is very scummy.

And that's why I'm voting fitz.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Cecily »

Yeah, fitz I'll admit I was all for lynching voided when everyone thought he was scum because everyone else was just as down. I was willing to do it because it would have helped us actually understand what was going on. That was before pappums admitted to gambitting.

Now that pappums has come clean with his intentions I am no longer certain and I know that nothing other than night will come out of quicklynching. You still seem to think that killing someone is the best course of action. It isn't and trying to push it is scummy.

Don't quote me out of context, because I promise it will not work, I will call you on it, and it's making you look like you're flailing.

The only reason it looks like a contradiction is because the situation has changed.

Hi Bub. Please, no more bussing me into a 3.5 hour lynch. kthx.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:06 am

Post by Cecily »

So, fitz, pretty much right now you're regurgitating what my actions were and calling them scummy. Thanks, but I'd like to leave it up to everyone else how they view what I've been claiming.

How is me stating that I voted him because it would have helped us know what was going on tap dancing? I wasn't avoiding my reasons for voting him. Those were my reasons, I clearly stated them before pappums came clean, and I'm not going to go back and try and change that.

You were pushing a quicklynch on voided before pappums claimed, as was I because when no scum is willing to associate himself with voided it's pointless to try and drag it out. All that would get us is pissed off townies and less helpful information than we started with.

I'm calling you out on your obscene willingness to lynch pappums now. You've been jumping around pointing at pappums saying he's scum, he's scum, but all you've been focused on is his gambit. The rest of us are over it, moved on to something more worthwhile - the stuff that came out of his gambit. And you are sitting on something that you know to be a safe platform to lynch from. You're using his gambit as an excuse for his lynch which would be fine if there weren't other people who looked scummier.

Notice how the rest of us have pretty much gotten over his gambit and are now on to making claims based on people reactions to it. You aren't. Because steering yourself to a topic other than his gambit is dangerous, because as soon as you relieve him of that guilty claim there is nothing else to go on. I am past his claim, and I see something else... you.

And I will call you on contorting my quotes. One was taken from before pappums came out, and the other was after. As I have clearly stated my intentions do differ between those times and so quoting both times and trying to draw the same conclusions out of them is ludicrous.

Let me make myself perfectly clear. I do not hold your vote on voided against you. I do not hold your willingness to quicklynch voided against you. I
do
hold you unwillingness to accept pappums gambit as simply a gambit against you.

I completely agree with the frustration pappums felt that led him to quoting cee lo green. Seriously. And claiming that he said it out of anything other than sheer frustration will lead me to ask what kind of life you've been living that you've never wanted to express those feelings and how can I get in on it?
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Cecily »

Thanks for being unhelpful P.T. Barnum. Avoiding the two main targets at this point only makes you look like you're too scared or dumb to contribute something useful. Town would have something to contribute other than suggesting a PL at this point... My D2 play will most likely be looking at him.

Fitz, I didn't vote you immediately because I was otherwise occupied and had very little time to read through all of your walls. Given time to read carefully through I decided that you were scummier than neil. People are allowed to change their votes on here, are they not? And are you actually reading my posts? I told you where the contradiction wasn't. You still calling me on it makes me think that you're ignoring what I post and just going off of what you initially thought. If you're not even going to give up the time to understand what I'm saying there is absolutely no way anyone is going to change your mind. That is ignorant and seems very anti-town to me.

And I'm not going to get myself into this word flinging argument. I'm not sensitive, but cursing people out over the internet is stupid.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Cecily »

Well now, this post could ruin me, or you guys could read it like I'm intending for it to be read and not jump instantly to "flail flail flail". Please choose the latter.

My original reason for voting fitz is because of his emotional responses to pappums gambit. He seemed to take it as an attack on the town (which could be one way to interpret it), yet reacted much more forcefully than what everyone else expected. Up until a few posts ago, that was the scummiest behavior out of anyone in here and like I pointed out initially I like to assess people based off of how they react, not necessarily what they say. I agreed with pappums "fuck you" because the walls and baiting that fitz does are obnoxious and do seem at times to be mostly just to piss people off.

Now, pappums is the one with overly emotional responses. If I'm sticking with my original argument of voting based off of how people react, then his last post consisting of only obscene remarks definitely takes the cake. And because it will probably come up, I only defended pappums in his reasoning for the gambit. If anyone wants to call me out now for something else, please do, I may have forgotten, but defense of his actions was solely reserved for the gambit.

I repeat, I was not consistently defending him, only agreeing with his reasons for voting fitz, so no fair calling me out on that for switching my vote.

unvote
vote: pappums

And I don't have time or energy to go over other people right now so, sorry.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Cecily »

@mike, I just found it silly that PT would focus his attention on someone other than the main two suspects. It seemed like distancing, and its not only that he didn't vote for one or the other, but he pretty much seemed to ignore them all together which leads me to ask who he didn't want to get himself involved with.

@Jahudo, in my experiences on this site and especially IRL scum tend to take two approaches. They're either very forceful and abrasive, trying to be leaders, or they're trying to stay under the radar by not posting frequently, and in their posts saying not very much at all. So far, the only type that would stand out in this game is the leader type. Yes, PR's can sometimes have the same reactions when they have information that everyone else does not, but the only way to know who is who on day one, unfortunately, is through a lynch. These two characteristic scum have shown up in just about every game I've played, and so that is what I am voting off of.

And nacho, I'm sorry for the spot you've gotten yourself into in this one....
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Cecily »

Emotional may have not been the best term... overly sensitive maybe, or jumpy could have been used in its place I suppose. I didn't push his lynch before because he didn't seem scummy. Now he seems scummy. Is that such an issue?

At this moment, in day one, what else do I have to go off of other than instinctual feelings and very thin arguments based on wording? nothing.
So why shouldn't I vote the person who now I believe is scum? This game is seriously too concerned with allies and foes and making teams when in actuality only like 2-3 people actually know any sort of thing about anyone at this point. I hate determining alliances this early on because they almost always backfire because people have differing opinions and that's just how life works. Automatically jumping on me because now I don't fit into the group in which you've placed me is stupid.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Cecily »

Sorry, fitz, what looks like "lurking" is me trying not to have to read through 8 pages every two days when I have time to actually post. I check whenever I have time, and post whenever I have time, and sorry if that looks like lurking to you, but it's not.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Cecily »

The only reason I opened my post with that line was because I know how some people (*cough cough like bub*) play. Unless something is explicitly stated it's either found to be arrogant, stupid, or unnecessary and I absolutely hate having to rephrase myself because someone wanted to misunderstand my intentions due to preconceived notions. Because that has happened. I'm not down for something like that again.

I'm split between these two main wagons because, like I've been trying to get others to focus on, one or the other will most likely be lynched this day and I don't see the point in voting anyone else unless they really screw up. Both players have scummy aspects to them, and there is a chance that I'll switch my vote again, because the point of this game is to vote the person you think scummiest and that is what I'd like to do without being scrutinized for it.

Having said that, I don't like fitz's targeting of neil. Not that I'm saying neil is obvtown, but it really is seeming like he's only focusing on people who speak out about him. By tomorrow he could have even more people added to his list of 5 already possible scums, just because they question him. It's pretty much like he's saying "I'm right and anyone who disagrees is obviously my enemy" which is not protown at all. The point of having long days like this is to encourage discourse and to allow people to think about who they trust or not, and while it sucks having people think you scummy, there's no reason to go out and attack all of them. People have differing opinions, and that's life and attacking them is definitely not protown behavior.

And woah I'm glad we had replacements in this game. We all pretty much totally overlooked those connections, thanks nacho. Those are some pretty convincing arguments and I must say I'm almost willing to change my vote over them. And theres really nothing I can add to them.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Cecily »

So I definitely agree with a pine lynch for today. Not yet, but inevitably it will and should happen and theres not much I can say to add to a case against him. So I'll move on to TO and PT. I don't believe TO to be scum. What setael has been saying about the lack of acknowledgement of Pine's case doesn't call her out as scum to me, but rather that she just kind of overlooked it. Her first vote was on Pine and while I can see that as a distancing technique it seems unlikely that someone of her experience would pull such a maneuver. And now with some attack on her she's doing a decent job of not overreacting like most inexperienced scum would. And upon ISOing PT he doesn't seem quite as scummy as I had thought when first reading this. Sorry this post didn't add much to the arguments, but it's late and I'm tired.

I'll come back through with a careful read of people tomorrow hopefully.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #31) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Cecily »

The main reason I believe Pine is scum is because of his quick hammer D-1. Even if voided had been scum, any information that he could have given up before his lynch would have been helpful, at least in determining who he didn't want to be lynched (ie. scum). The fact that Pine went against everything he said he was going to do initially and hammered before voided had his chance to speak is very anti-town. Any town player would have allowed voided to have a last word, especially because he was in fact town. And not wanting someone to self lynch is stupid, especially because we had a little while longer before the day would have been forced to end. If anything Pine could have waited another few hours for voided to get one last post in like he had requested, but no. Pine hammered. That is why I believe he is scum.

What I was trying to do last (real) night was read through and see who was avoiding confronting or questioning Pine and because I was very tired I may have missed a few things, but I started my previous post with the intention of calling out PT. After my read through I no longer had a strong case against him and so instead of not posting and waiting until I was more alert which probably would have been the better option I posted something unhelpful and rambling. My apologies. I still don't have the time I'd like to look through for a possible D-3 candidate, but since we still have a while left in this day and the pine lynch seems pretty secure I don't think I need to rush into it just yet.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 am

Post by Cecily »

Alright, I'm not thoroughly convinced. I admit, Pine I do like your claim and there really is no way for someone to argue a tracker claim, but the truth of the situation is that somebody is lying. I'd be more inclined to believe such a claim if it were a more influential PR (such as doctor, cop, etc) and no one called you out for having the same role. I've been in a game where there were legitimately two trackers and while it confused us all, neither of them were lying and there was legitimately no way for anyone to argue it. With or without your claim, I believe setael's reads on you because they were so thorough and I honestly can't find a place to argue with them.

Whether or not it is fair, you came in after xalxe who did make a lot of mistakes and I'm still willing to vote for you because of those. But instead of hammering I'm all for allowing some time for you to make some final posts. You're welcome.

As for TO... Bold move, and bad move. If there are two NK's tonight, then we can be sure TO wasn't lying. But, in the case of a lazier/smarter scum team, they could easily not send in their PM as long as they're confident that who ever TO is lynching is town, and thus making it seem like TO is scum. I don't think TO claiming was a good idea, especially given the tendency for this group to label their next day targets so openly.

And fitz, if Pine is scum, he made some indication of there only being two scum in this game as setael pointed out, so how would that affect what you believe is the team?
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Cecily »

Someone is lying because someone (or a few people) are always lying in this game. It seems very unlikely that both people who were attacked by seteal's post come out to be town oriented PRs and since I'm more willing to believe TO's claim because it can be proven via night actions I'm going to assume that Pine is lying about his role.

Re-reading his post it also seems a bit too wordy to be believable. It's like when you'd lie to your parents about where you were. If you went into great detail about who you were with and where you went and what you ate and how it tasted, it was much less believable than if you stuck with only a few details. And reading through the rest of Pine's posts he's not wordy. He states what he needs to state and lets that be. His last claim post is uncharacteristic and unbelievable. A Pine lynch is still totally fine with me.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Cecily »

I'm going to be honest and say it seems way more like everyone else is interested in rushing the wagon given how many votes on Pine occurred within a few hours of each other and I don't see how setael making any untrusting comments on pine seems like trying to rush...
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #35) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Cecily »

havingfitz wrote:Cool...Pine has a little breathing room. I have not enjoyed exercising restraint and now that it is not the hammer....

VOTE: Pine

exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaale......that's better. :D
You definitely just went back to what made me think you were scummy in the first place... I understand that we all want Pine lynched. I will be very happy if I get to hammer, but we do still have at least a week left in this day and I don't see what the whole mentality of voting asap just to make sure you were a part of the unanimous decision is all about. Since you've done it with everybody now I'm not going to go back and call you scum again, I'm just saying that it's instances like this that make me question just exactly what your intentions are.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Cecily »

@Nacho if you'll read through the first post that you pulled of mine in the last sentence I state that while I know that Pine will be lynched and am totally for that I don't see the point in rushing a day that could prove helpful. And in this case it did prove helpful because everyone except for chk commented on Pine and then chk came in and accused the person who started the wagon. Setael's read was spot on and going against it was stupid on his part and indicates that he really didn't want to have to make up something about Pine.

Another point of evidence is the very last thing TO said about her FoS being chk. While her claiming her role was stupid no one would have believed her had the scum not lynched yesterday and the town would have jumped on her anyways, she straight called out chk and given how naive his play style has been otherwise I'd call it a very rookie NK and say that that is evidence enough for me.

vote: chkflip
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Cecily »

Currently my money's on P.T.

While he was willing to listen to setael's logic about pine (probably because setaels argument really was solid), he got defensive at setael targeting himself. While I understand getting defensive when attacked, he got uncharacteristically peeved at it, responding in much greater length than he had previously and calling setael an ass for it (because I'm on seteal's side of "it didn't matter enough to mention"). Also if chk is scum which I'm pretty much banking on right now, PT has at several times defended him.

I know this isn't the most substantial of evidence but it's definitely the strongest connection I see between two players so far.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Cecily »

Yeah, PT I knew a post like that would be coming and understandably so. My case on you is not well formed and I am completely aware of that. In games like this though I like playing one day at a time and since my vote will almost definitely stay on chk for today I'm not intently trying to target you. The only reason I went into why I thought you at all was because Bub asked and after chk you're the scummiest player I can see. Not uber scummy, mind you, just the scummiest out of everyone else.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Cecily »

The only reason I wasn't on the Pine wagon was because I didn't log on in time to get my vote in before Pine lynched himself and I thought we were waiting at L-2 in order to keep the day going, but then fitz put us at L-1 and in came Pine before I could get my vote in. Otherwise I would have been all over it.

And fitz, looking at your reasoning I agree that if there were three scum to start then one would be on and one would be off the pine wagon, and the one targeting the person who targeted pine seems like a very good candidate to be that scum off.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Cecily »

I checked in, had nothing to add to the cases I've made because no one else had really posted anything worth noting. I've got a lot of work today, I'll try and get something in tomorrow.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Cecily »

Time to log on =/= time to post. I hate falling 18 pages behind. But I'm busy again today, hopefully tomorrow will give me more time to get a solid read on everybody. But this is my birthday weekend so I can't promise much after tomorrow until at least tuesday.

And to everyone voting me/ thinking of voting me... what reasons, other than lurking, do you have on me?
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Cecily »

@chk, I feel like your argument on me is going to reek of OMGUS..

My money is no longer on the spot of PT, but reading through fitz's arguments against me I find that he's been misinterpreting my points a good deal. I've tried to make my posts as clear as possible (though I'm nothing close to an english major, so they could be awful) but he seems to have to go over everything I say and take it for something other than what it was intended to be. I'm out of time for right now but I'll try and get a more thorough explanation of what I mean later. As for right now my vote is still on chk because he's giving off the most newb-scum vibes.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #43) » Sun May 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Cecily »

I happy to see the chk wagon growing. So far based solely off of who's being pushed chk/fitz seems like a good pairing. While I don't like judging completely off of who's sticking up for whom I do not see chk as being anything other than aligned with Pine because setael's case was honestly that strong and not going with it was a rookie scum mistake.

And now fitz is pushing me, and I'm still not completely certain what his case is against me and I'm sad he won't be back until deadline to fill me in. It just seems like a perfect grouping of three and since that's the number of anti-town people we've agreed on for this game I'm fairly certain those are the remaining two. And at the very least it's chk and someone who's playing the last role very [and I mean very] cleverly.

Faraday so far has done a good job of putting a pro-town vibe on the slot that PT scummified, although maybe that's just the accent.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (isolation #44) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Cecily »

I would like to know where you see fluff in my posts? I try to keep them concise and to the point and so far my posts have been shorter than most other people's... If you say you have opinions of me, state them. If you call me scum, tell me how. You are not helping anyone by saying that you're unconvincing. Your last post seems like you had to make something up in order to keep people's attention on me and did a rather bad job of it. Next time you're scum and want to call someone out, at least make sure you have something to call them out on.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (isolation #45) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Cecily »

The reason all of my quotes seemed unsure is because they were unsure. I wasn't certain who was lying and I'm not going to go out of my way to make it seem like I have all the answers when I don't. You yourself said it was townie to not have definite scum reads. Your reads on Pine were widely regarded as brilliant and everybody aside from chk was in on the bus, so how am I any different than anyone else?

I know that my reasoning may not be brilliant or insightful or what have you, but I do have reasons. Unlike chk who it seems is trying hard not to have to give reasons.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (isolation #46) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Cecily »

I have a bit of a hard time believing faraday's claim, but given the weirdness of the other roles in this game I don't see it to be completely unreasonable. The only reason I'm not convinced is because of how impossible it would be to prove such a claim through anyone else's actions. Seems like a very safe claim for scum...

I'm also questioning why your one stop would still remain because it strikes me odd that P.T. would not have used his ability on night two. I know that one-shot PR's typically don't want to hold out until there aren't many players left just because of the unlikeliness of them actually getting to use their ability.

And going along with the typical night action of scum killing someone completely irrelevant to scum also kind of clears fitz in my eyes.

vote: faraday
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (isolation #47) » Mon May 09, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Cecily »

The reason I thought fitz was scum before was because of how he attacked me after I attacked chk and that would only still apply if chk had been scum. The reason I think fitz is town at this point is because of the NK on nacho. Nacho pushed hard for a fitz lynch towards the end and I'd be damned if scum fitz decided it was a good idea to take him out. It just seems like too obvious of a kill for it to be likely.

I wrote my last post in order of what I was thinking, and initially a claim such as his is supposed to be believable, that's why it's such a safe scum claim. As I continued on I realized that it would be very bizarre indeed for P.T. to have not used up that ability during nights one or two. Before faraday replaced in I did call the P.T. spot scummy, but I couldn't quite place my finger on it. And now I'm still kind of in that boat of not being able to give a solid reason for it, but so far his play has jumped out as the most scummy.

I'm not used to playing with him but faraday's first day of play with us seemed relatively townish and relaxed. Today he seems almost jumpy. I could just be making that part up but his writing style does seem a tad more tense than yesterday. Which would make me question why, and the only thing I can think of is that he's lying about his claim.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #48) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Cecily »

You're right, I didn't consider the alternative of faraday being town and that is my bad. I've been busy with studying for finals that are at the end of this week and don't have hours to dedicate to looking into this stuff. If your claim is true then by process of elimination setael, mike, and bub are the only remaining possibilities for scum. Bub's play seems town given the last game that I played with him where he was scum and that play and his play in here has been different. Setael's case on pine was too good for me to really believe she's scum and since then I haven't seen play from her that indicates scum. So that leaves mike.

If you'd really like the benefit of the doubt that maybe you're town, faraday, I'll go for mike. But that's only through the fact that he's the only one left.

I still don't trust the claim though so could someone please make a case on mike?
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (isolation #49) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Cecily »

I'm vanilla town. I still don't believe faraday's claim. I'd like to hear a claim from fitz.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (isolation #50) » Mon May 09, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Cecily »

The 1-shot thing is definitely suspicious, but I don't think it's fair to think that just because there already was a neighborizer there can't be another one. And mike has been in since the start of the game so it'd be completely idiotic for him to have forgotten that scandal.

I see bub as town because when he was scum he was probably the most in your face player in the game and managed to win by shouting his opinions loud enough so that people believed him. He went back on himself a lot, too. I don't see much of that from this game and so I'm willing to assume that means he's town.

Where did I say he was second on my scum list? He's not the top of the list because him being on the list yesterday required chk to flip scum.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (isolation #51) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Cecily »

Since bub and mike seem to agree on what happened last night then I'm perfectly convinced that faraday is our last scum.

And I asked fitz his role and then realized that he had earlier said that he had no gun. My bad. And I didn't think we had to ask the person whom we suspected most, and since faraday already claimed then theres goes my suspect. Sorry for not asking for a claim with regards to your rules...
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (isolation #52) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Cecily »

@mod, can we have a vote count please?

I'm sorry I can't make a very detailed read through right now, and looking over what I did made me confused so I can't really contribute right now.

V/LA till sunday

studying for finals is going to kill me.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (isolation #53) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Cecily »

I'm town. goddamn you guys are impatient. rude. and sorry you think i'm content-less, I just honestly joined this game for something to break up my physics studies because they are draining but I don't have time to think out four page long posts.

If faraday is not scum I would be very surprised.

Neither mike nor bub hammered because neither of them are scum. I think there is one scum left, and we've been pushing too hard for a traitor when there could very well not be one. that scum hopped on my wagon too early and had to rely on everyone else to push it to a lynch. poor call. That's why it didn't happen earlier. that's why faraday is scum.
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (isolation #54) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Cecily »

I love how no one listens to me.. Can someone teach me how to be more convincing? I'm very commonly right about my reads yet no one believes them...
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (isolation #55) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Cecily »

Yeah, Faraday i honestly got to the point where I had no idea what your case on me was anymore because there were so many posts of you just calling me scum.

And thanks Nacho, if only you were still alive to prove it. =(
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (isolation #56) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Cecily »

I just wish I had had more time to devote to this game. In terms of coherence, I think I'm getting better, though I'm still not an english major so phrasing myself is hard in some situations. And in terms of arguments I think I did pretty well considering I called that last Faraday scum. It's just my ability to convince others that I really need work on.

And I didn't go back on myself like I tended to do in other games so I think that's a good thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”