Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

iamausername and substrike22, you both have modded games I was in before, prepare to be trolled. :D
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Has the game started yet? LoL, dat dayvig.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Scumhunter »

I'm not really dead.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Hi.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Scumhunter »

I think Whiskers is a bad lynch today. The case on her is overblown. Whiskers is an odd cookie, but that doesn't make her scum. She's clearly trying hard this game and standing out which is essentially why the wagon is forming. The case essentially is "Whiskers posts a lot and is annoying". Both of things could be true, but neither is indicative of whether Whiskers is likely to be scum (In my opinion quite a bit less so than your average player).

Plus when one person has like 25% of the posts on d1 in an inactive game (yes, I know I'm a culprit of inactivity) it generally doesn't make much sense to lynch them today. If Whiskers is actually scum, we will have plenty of time to pin him on it as the game progresses with his level of activity.

Tovarish, if you don't like the wagon on Whiskers what wagon(s) would you like?

Friend if you think someone on the Whiskers wagon is scum...that implies you think Scum are bussing? Why do you find this a likely bussing scenario? Your vote seems firmly placed at the head of a wagon headed for a mislynch most likely and that makes me go -________-.

I think Panacea is town. I had initially had thought she was scum but have since changed my mind.

Town reads: Whiskers, Tovarish, Panacea, Noramp
Lean-town: iamausername, Monk
Null: Substrike22, LTP mafia (vote on whiskers and explanation is very bad, however I think mafia would be a bit more self-aware tbh), crappy (0 posts whatsoever)
Slight Lean Scum: Friend
Lean-scum: MusicNinja, bobsnox
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Scumhunter »

unvote, vote: bobsnox

Not a fan of his latest reads.

I'd also support a vote on MusicNinja potentially, but prefer Bob at this time.

LTP and crappy have contributed nothing. I wouldn't be completely opposed to lynching one of them either.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Eh, just because I don't agree with Bob's reads or the logic behind them doesn't neccesarily make him scum. MusicNinja's trying to think ahead on lynches there reeks of scum to be honest. Townies are taking the game 1 lynch at a time particularly on day 1, while only scum are already having to really think ahead about night kills and future lynches.

unvote, vote MusicNinja

MusicNInja or Friend would be my top two choices for today. Giving Bob a slight pass for now.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Friend, why do you think one of the people voting Whiskers is scum (and that Whiskers is also scum)? That is what gives me willy-nillies.

Also the reason I suspect you is not just because I disagree with your vote. I don't feel like you
actually
think Whiskers is scum as much as its the easiest target today. Have a hard time putting myself in your shoes with a town perspective. You are active, but talking in generalities like (one of the people on this wagon is scum), but you really haven't expounded the case as to why Whiskers is for sure scum and why those of us not voting Whiskers should lend you your vote. Basically doesn't seem to me like your position on the Whiskers wagon is as much a vote for a strong scumread as much as for convenience.

It's "convenient" to point out little inconsistencies in people's behavior (like you did with me just now) but you don't seem too interested in actually taking it to the next step and thinking about what it means about people's alignments

If you very strongly think Whiskers is scum, try to convince me to vote with you, ya? Doesn't seem like you are interested in doing that to me though. Not necessarily trying to be antagonistic here, just trying to understand how your thought process is working here a bit more.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Scumhunter »

How did Whiskers "play badly"?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

iamausername, i can get behind a bob lynch.

unvote, vote bob
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

MusicNinja, why do you think me switching my vote is scummy? I'm allowed to change my mind after all. Plus its not like my votes are completely out of left field here.....you, bob, and Friend comprise my "big 3" of potential scummzors so its not like my votes should be too odd I wouldn't think.

There isn't necessarily going to be evidence on day 1. All we can really do is make the best of what we are given and use all the logic and intuition we can muster to do our best at getting scum. Right now, I think our best bet is Bob. Evidence to point to:

1)Inactivity in this game, while activity elsewhere on the site
2)his reads list is superficial, doesn't really say much tbh

I think iamausername's post on Whiskers has good points, particularly how Whiskers reaction to the day-vig joke did not seem like it would come from scum pov whatsoever really.
Whiskers is probably town. Needs less Whiskers votes.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

lol no ramp. its funny, i was just going through his iso and rereading monk as you posted that. i know there was something in specific ill have to look back give me a few mins here
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

I generally list my town reads in strongest to weakest so its not like I have Monk as super obv town here or anything. Generally, I think voting lots of different people is actually pretty pro-town. There is nothing wrong with exploring different wagons and putting pressure on people. A vote is a tool that can be used to elicit reactions from the player being wagoned as well as people who may or may not choose to join. Plus, various competing wagons gives us a wealth of information later in the game about the way players react to being voted, the way players on and off the wagon react to certain wagons, and who chooses to vote who and why. The more "voting" and reactions we can gather the more likely we are to be able to use our lynches effectively in my opinion.

Monk hasn't posted all that much as of yet, but nothing about his play strikes me as scummy as of yet. Other than his multiple votes, is there something you take issue with with him? I like that he unvoted Whiskers. I like that he is in reality fairly cautious with his vote. He's voted different people but its not like his votes are really with the intent to lynch right now if you know what I mean?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Well I know he said something along the lines of "Whiskers is squirming the right way to make me think he is town". That implies the vote was an attempt to gauge a reaction. Granted, some people are fail at reaction testing people. I have seen town players vote someone all the way up to L-1 for bad reasons just as a "reaction test". I don't particularly think its smart as there are other ways to pressure, but to each his own. Regardless, perhaps I should let him answer about his intentions himself, eh?

long story short: I can see how you could think monk's vote could be opportunistic and scum-motivated, but I don't think there is enough content from him to make a real value judgment. At the moment, his play is mostly a null-tell but my gut has him leaning town slightly. Monk does need to post more though. That would help.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

bob, what Whiskers said was that they wanted to think about their vote for a few hours before they made it but that they were likely going to be voting for you. How is that akin to claiming scum? Wutttt?!?!?!?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Whiskers wrote:
Vote: Bobsnox
I'll even call it Omgus.

Tovarish, would a scum so blatantly say that they were OMGusing like this? I think you seem to prefer a logic-based game style here. That is good and I realize that a lot of Whisker's actions could fall into the cookie-cutter mold of scum tells.

However
, I find it hard to believe that Whiskers would be so blatant as to say "I'm omgusing here" as scum. "I know I promised a case but I'm going to draw even more attention to myself by voting and calling it OMGUS!!" The motivation for anyone to do that reads much
much
more as defiant/lazy town than as scum.

I also can see how Whisker's votes seem to be for anyone but himself. Not great town play I'll admit but survival instinct is not solely a characteristic of scum necessarily. Townies don't want to be lynched either and I can think of some reasons a town-sided player might act that way.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Substrike, are you still content with your vote on Whiskers?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Tovarish wrote:Right now, I am laboring under the assumption that he is scum pretending to be a defiant town, operating under the belief that we will simply mistake him for a Townie

Tovarish wrote: Scummy. The clincher for me came near the end though- I've always been wary of players who do scummy things and announce that they're scummy as a means of hiding in plain sight, that's one of the biggest tells I've come across. You've done this with your self announced OMGUS.

The real clincher, however, was your attacks on MusicNinja (whose wagon I really don't understand) that were quickly abandoned as soon as a rather expedient wagon on bobsnox came up. MusicNinja was only brought up after I reminded you of it. And, rather shockingly you're back on him now that there's another convenient wagon.

I see your concerns here, I just don't see Whiskers as the type of player to think it through that much. I think you are overanalyzing it a bit here. I think while its certainly possible for scum to hide between the guise of blatant anti-townishness, I think stubborn townies are actually way more likely to do self-proclaimed scummy things because they are not as concerned with appearing scummy as scum are. They think "I have nothing to hide I'm going to do what I want to do". That attitude can extend into making careless votes etc. Not to say that we should give people who display these things a free pass, but I'm not really seeing Whiskers attention-drawing actions as having much of a scum-driven agenda to be honest. Very much feeling the stubborn townie syndrome there.

Tovarish wrote:Exactly, which is why Friend's behavior is decidedly anti-Town. I invite everybody to read his ISO's, which will ideally lead us to question why he's spent so long escaping our scrutiny. His one line posts have generated almost no content, and seem to be some kind of way of actively lurking throughout the game. In order to get information out of him, I have to directly ask? Short of actually shooting one of us, it doesn't get less town than that.

Also, he jumps from the Bob to the MN wagon with providing almost no explanation, except that "the last couple posts sealed the deal." And you accuse me of recycling tells.

I agree. I have my eye on Friend as well. I think he is getting too much town cred so far from some people. Not enough to warrant a lynch today in my eyes but something to keep an eye on for sure.

I have been underwhelmed by Substrike22's performance thus far as well. Perhaps its due to me not liking either of his votes (Whiskers/Panacea) or lack of content due to V/LA, but I think he is a potential scumlord as well.

I'm still fine with the vote on bob. Nothing has happened to make me change my mind on him. I don't mind Panacea's vote on LTP. In fact, I'm considering doing the same. It really is best if we have at least some content from every slot in the game going into the end of d1...Not sure a vote really helps accomplish this. Prod/replacement should though...
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Hi Maruchan. Welcome to the game :]

I've got a question for you: What do you think of the Whiskers wagon/Whiskers' alignment?

Also, any other reads or input you have would certainly be welcomed as well.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Oh and thanks to Bud for getting us replacements. Much appreciated.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Edit: Bub /fail
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Scumhunter »

lol maruchan XD
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Scumhunter »

welllllp
unvote

If someone counters bob's claim please feel free to go ahead and do so now. Catching a scum d1 and making the most of each lynch is way more important than the "omG outting PRs is bad syndrome"

vote LTP Mafia

We still have heard nothing from this slot.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Note to self: get on Substrike's case when he gets back from V/LA
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Monk, any particular reason you want me lynched?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

I know I said I thought MusicNinja was scummy based on the few things he had said when I posted reads, but I don't find his actions necessarily meriting a L-1 wagon really. I mean he has made 7 posts and been mostly inactive. Granted he hasn't been much of a help to town, but I don't know, I feel scum would probably be more frantic so as not to get lynched or something. Meh, he could be just a lazy scum who got bored of the game and decided not to give a crap. I do that sometimes. Something about this wagon feels a bit off to me. Too many eager jumpers on to this wagon with not enough evidence imo.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Noramp, I'm suspicious of Substrike. Mostly because I disagree with almost all of his reads. Yes, my vote on LTP was a pathetic attempt hoping there would be some input from that slot. It appears that slot is gone til we get a replacement so meh.

Substrike, I disagree with "Whiskers, Maruchan, and Panacea" for a scum team. In fact I think all 3 of them are town. Did Whiskers not answer your questions sufficiently? I think Whiskers has explained everything there is to explain about the overblown case on him and I really don't find any of their actions particularly scummy. Your reactions to the questioning seemed to imply that you understood a bit of what he was saying...but you still have him as a top scum candidate. Don't really follow why you fos who you do or if you are just looking for cookie-cutter tells that you could pass off as scummy to appear like you are scumhunting. Thats what it feels like to me.

Why is Maruchan scum?

I think Panacea is very town am I missing something?

Updated Reads List:

Town (from strongest to weakest): Panacea, noramp, Whiskers, Tovarish, monk
Leaning town/undecided: Friend
Leaning-town based on claim: bob
Null: LTP Mafia, Music Ninja
Null/Probably a scum in here: iamausername/Maruchan
Scum (from strongest to weakest): Substrike22

Friend, iamausername's/maruchan's votes on MusicNinja are very suspect if Ninja is town although Maruchan's vote looks a lot like well, derp, hai I'm town and I'll just vote the other wagon that isn't the cop claim because I don't want to out more power roles and end the day here. Not great scumhunting, but not scum-motivated persay.

Why I'm weary of a MusicNinja lynch is that I find it hard to believe that scum MusicNinja would have such a large wagon on them for essentially a whole lot of inactivity and null-tells (even though some of his posts did come off scummy to me at first). What separates his inactivity from LTP Mafia's for example where no one wants to wagon them?

unvote, vote Substrike
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

If there is a town cop who is not Bob, please claim today. I really really don't get the aversion to counterclaiming roles on here. If someone is fake-claiming my role, I'm counterclaiming it immediately 100% of the time. Your counterclaim is equivalent to outting a guilty report on that player, it really really baffles me.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Substrike, I'm buddying Whiskers harder than almost anyone, why aren't you going after me then too? Is it that you think Maruchan will be an easier ML target?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Scumhunter »

eh,
unvote
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Scumhunter »

I apologize for my relative inactivity of late. Feeling pretty meh about most of the lynch options. However I don't really have a great alternative either. Mostly I'm frustrated at myself/at the world that I don't have better scum reads as of yet. Basically I just want this day to end, us to get a flip (hopefully a scum one) and then a cop report. Any protective role should be on bob tonight.

MusicNinja's iso #3 does make me go meh. I don't like lynching someone who has so few posts, but I'm willing to say Music has a better chance to be scum than the other discussed lynches so I'm willing to

unvote, vote: MusicNinja

I take it back that the wagon on him was sketchy. Just me being cautious really.

For the record, I believe bob's claim. Mostly because of the timing. I feel that scum would wait a bit longer before making the claim. Scum don't want to claim a power role because it limits their options as the game goes on. Although I suppose its possible bob is scum who wasn't going to have access and just wanted to make sure he was going to be lynched while away and figured he was going to have to claim a power role to stop his lynch eventually. Plus cop is a pretty generic fake claim. So yea, guess I just talked myself out of believing his claim and have the claim as neutral really. Regardless, we aren't lynching him today.

Fixed your vote for you :wink:. Please put your vote on a seperate line in the future.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Sorry about fail voting Bub :(
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Panacea, regardless of whether we believe Bob's claim (I'm reserving judgment on this for now) we aren't lynching bob today. So stop wasting your vote please :D
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Scumhunter »

I don't know if Maruchan is clearly town but he's a bad lynch today just because he has been quite active and if he is scum, we will have plenty of chance to gather evidence as the game goes on to why his actions necessarily indicate scum. I agree with Friend and think that a MusicNinja lynch is the way to go at this point.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Panacea, what exactly were you wanting to see?

O.o I don't really follow.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Panacea wrote:His reaction to my vote and negative attention.

And what do you make of his reaction?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

I r drunk. Apparently I have things to catch up on. hiraki link cc'd bob? lol dat reaction test lololol.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Scumhunter »

And that is why you CC when the scum claim your role.

vote: Substrike22

Apologies for being inactive at the end of the day was in a bit of a drunken haze.

LOL at the flavor Bub.

One question for you Whiskers: During one point yesterday, while there were 2 wagons on you + bob...
bobsnox wrote:whiskers - MusicNinja is scum. he's making it clear

VOTE: Musicninja

to which you immediately respond with

Whiskers wrote:Wait, wait, I thought
I
was scum. Why the switch, bob?

Vote: MusicNinja[/i]

Reads like coaching a bit and I'm reconsidering the possibility that Whiskers could still be scum after all.

In other news I just realized that iamausername is obv town. Not really sure what took me so long to realize it.

Obv town: Hiraki, iamausername, monk. (definitely more obvtown I need to reread though)
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Apologies, Link, "Hikari Link" just saw your signature, MY BAD. XD.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Scumhunter »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3328390

^My feelings on substrike. Not much has happened to change that sentiment.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Speed lynching = only bad things can happen. We should wait for Substrike to post before the lynch.

I mean just think what if he was the doctor who saved Link, that would be a disaster.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Mmmk. Substrike, its ok to have to reevaluate reads. I'm interested in your revised thoughts as of now.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #43) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Substrike22 wrote:
Of the 3 votes on me, 0 of them surprise me. I still have an OMGUS from Whiskers, a decent amount of actually valid criticism from Scumhunter, and then a super cool vote from our newly claimed cop. When I do flip town, should I be lynched, I invite everyone to take a hefty look into Scumhunter's play this game. He's posted as close to every 48 hour margin as possible through day 1.

Interesting observation. I'm sure its likely true. What do you make of it? Do you think it makes me more likely scum? I'd say if anything, it shows I'm committed to the game and contributing even when I'm busy/life gets in the way/I don't feel like posting. Overall a null tell though probably.

Regardless, I think your attitude and your observations show legitimate concern that I could somehow be scum here pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. I'm not willing to let you off the hook with a "I suck this game excuse" though. That is a generic scum excuse when their actions are unexplainably scummy. It's possible your vote for Whiskers was right day 1 after all.

As for people asking why did Substrike claim? I'd say his claim was reasonable. Sure he only had 3 votes on him. But I mean the pressure there was a ton. All 3 of us were showing strong intent to lynch. The urgency of his claim was really equivalent to an L-1 situation as he was in grave danger of being lynched.

unvote

I'm not convinced Substrike is the best lynch today. Other people I'm going to look at in-depth before voting again are [Maruchan, Tovarish, Whiskers]
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #44) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Scumhunter »

I believe Maruchan. I think xvart is scum. That's my initial impression at least.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (isolation #45) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Scumhunter »

If xvart flips scum, I don't think it matters who is docced between you and Maruchan. I think you are both town and I think we would have the game well in hand.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

I agree with iamausername. I think this is a perfect time for a wifom JK choice. Although personally if xvart flips scum, I'd try and jail whoever I thought the last scum was for the perfect game chance :D
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Link, I think Maruchan is town. I think his reaction test on xvart was a good idea and an absolutely protown idea. However, he didn't really let it run its course. Its quite possible xvart is town still.

xvart, still planning on responding to your wall post part about me, I'll get to it this evening probably.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

I think it is a valid point that a setup with a Cop + Jailkeeper + Doctor would be strong town roles and as such with a real Jailkeeper its much more unlikely that we have a doctor.

MusicNinja's slot is an incredibly unlikely kill target. If we believe the Jailkeeper claim it implies it is fairly unlikely a Doctor would exist. As such, the only way a kill failed to happen is if the Jailkeeper jailed the scum, if we don't believe MusicNinja would be night killed (and lets be honest I highly doubt scum would target him for night kill)

vote xvart

I'm not completely ruling out Link-scum here. I could see a crazy gambit and some sort of Link-Monk team in theory but I consider that a huge longshot that I have no factual evidence for and I think its incredibly unlikely just thought I would mention it to remind myself not to 100% trust Link upon rereading if things get fucked up.

I say, lets lynch xvart, and go from there.

Maruchan you should wifom between jailing Link and not jailing Link tonight. Link, obviously cop whoever you want.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (isolation #49) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Link, fair enough. If you feel this is necessary, ok I'm willing to give in and say Maruchan should jail you tonight 100%.

I mean an xvart scum flip really should eliminate all doubt, don't you think? I get wanting him to jail you 100% with a town flip, but not a scumflip really....
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (isolation #50) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

monk wrote:Who on the xvart wagon thinks there is a Doctor?

Ill answer your questions in my next post whiskers

I don't think we should discuss this too much further today. Could lead to role-fishing/outting due to reactions either intentionally or unintentionally.

We should all be able to agree that a doc and jk are less likely to both exist than other subsets of potential town powers but its certainly not unheard of. Let's leave it at that for now imo.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Scumhunter »

RIP Maruchan :(
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #52) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Whiskers is not obv town.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (isolation #53) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Here's to hoping Maruchan didn't actually jail our cop. We really really should have specified that he not jail Link if xvart flipped scum.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Scumhunter »

I could buy noramp scum though. (Panacea, not so much)
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Scumhunter »

vote: noramp

Part process of elimination, part because he was almost too careful to explain his actions in reference to the Bob/Ninja wagons.

Will be rereading bob/ninja specifically for interactions when I get a chance.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Scumhunter wrote:
Null: Substrike22, LTP mafia (vote on whiskers and explanation is very bad, however I think mafia would be a bit more self-aware tbh), crappy (0 posts whatsoever)
Slight Lean Scum: Friend
Lean-scum: MusicNinja, bobsnox

Somewhat surprised im a suspect for some of you given my first reads post (above), where I pretty much nailed my top 2 scum reads as scum. Plus I was strongly pushing for a cop to counter day 1, not wanting to let bob off the hook. If I were scum and I knew Ninja was a godfather, I would know there was a cop in the setup and as such it would make literally no sense to try to push for the real cop to come out on d1. A) that real cop would then be protected by any protective roles and b)it would be a careless bus d1. Not offended for being suspected, just surprised is all, any questions about my play I will certainly answer.

I'm not believing noramp's claim here really. But as a lone scum would he really think he would make it to the endgame as a tracker-claim in this scenario? Not so sure. Don't think its particularly likely but desperate times could call for desperate measures. noramp, one way to help convince me you are town if you are in fact town is to provide some sort of compelling case for who is scum if its not you...

Noramp, I'd like more specific reads from you other than just "one of these people are mafia". Why do you think each of your top suspects is likely scum?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #57) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

For the record I think its incredibly weak to use "inactivity tells" to clear people. If I were scum, I'd be pissed about that!
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Link is confirmed town due to the fact there is a godfather in the game there is most certainly a cop.

I'm not so sure a cop, jk, tracker would be completely unheard of power for town if there are no other power roles...

Scum flips of goon, godfather (strong scum role), and a potential roleblocker/rolecop (also decent scum power + would make sense with tracker) would be a strong mafia team as well.

We do have the game well in hand, but I'd say we should guard ourselves against lazy lynches and the idea "we will win eventually". No, we won't, if we lynch a bunch of townies in a row.

I highly highly doubt 4 scum especially with a godfather which is a very strong mafia role.

@noramp, why the hell would you "track" Link last night?
He was confirmed town pretty much as soon as bob flipped scum, but certainly 1000% town after the godfather flip. That track makes no sense and I don't believe it for one second. Your "reports" give us as little information as possible, and I really think that is by design. I know some people will say "let the tracker claim live another day" to which I will say why? Let's win today? I have a hard time thinking anyone else (with the exception of Substrike maybe) is likely to flip scum here. If someone could explain the case on Panacea again, please do so as I'm really not seeing it...Barring a very convincing answer to my bolded question, my vote will not be changing today.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Scumhunter »

OH LOL FAIL AT READING. NVM HMM.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (isolation #60) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Scumhunter »

My Updated Reads

Confirmed Town

-Link
-Monk
-Substrike (barring some untrackable role, which is fairly unlikely)

Strong Town reads from Strongest to Weakest

-Panacea
-Friend

(Considerable Gap)--Tovy? not sure where to put him

-iamausername
-Whiskers
-noramp

Biggest surprise reading back was probably considering the possibility that iamausername is playing a strong scum game. I mean those 2 scum lynches went pretty smoothly so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some hard bussing going on somewhere. Not really sure who the last scum is but still don't think its Panacea really.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (isolation #61) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

vote: Friend

track whiskers tonight.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #62) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

maxous is replacing Tovarish.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (isolation #63) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Im still not trusting the "Tovy" slot was afk so it cant be him read. That's not a valid reason to rule someone out completely.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #64) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Substrike, you a ninja brah ;) I want to hear Noramp's report before we do anything here. I like a mass claim today on the off chance we have more power roles other than noramp. If there are no other power role claims other than noramp, I'd have to assume noramp is real because otherwise we'd be short town power. Report though is needed before anything else.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (isolation #65) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Ok, so specifically, Friend visited iamausername, correct?
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (isolation #66) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Make sure you read your triple check your report noramp. I know this may seem obvious, but i've seen an "lol I misread my report" actually happen from a town player and cost town a game. Friend, care to come up with a clever fake claim here or do you just want to concede defeat. XD. I'm for a mass claim right now just to tie up any loose ends and to keep an eye out for unforeseen circumstances this game. I'm a VT.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (isolation #67) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Scumhunter »

suck it scum.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (isolation #68) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Scumhunter »

vote: Friend
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (isolation #69) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Scumhunter wrote:
Slight Lean Scum:
Friend

Lean-scum:
MusicNinja, bobsnox

Suck it scum.

But yea, gg. I think it was reasonably balanced for a MS game. It only turned into basically town auto-pr win due to lynching scum d1 and d2 with a succesful n1 save. Things could have been a lot different Friend with a mislynch d1 and one of the prs dying n1 or n2...
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (isolation #70) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Special thanks to Bub Bidderskins for a well run game!
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (isolation #71) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Well most setups on here have one too many mislynches to be honest. I didn't think setup was any more broken than other games I've come across so far.

Godfather being scum's only power...and that power being neutralized by 2 of 3 of town's power roles, yea pretty harsh though...
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (isolation #72) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Substrike :D.

@Link/Maruchan: I think the suspicions between you two were just seeing monsters in the closet syndrome. Its always good to keep an open mind though and watch out for sneaky scum, but after xvart flipped godfather it should have been clsoe to 100% that you were both real.

We should have stipulated that Maruchan not jail Link if xvart flipped scum really...

I normally don't read the flavor much, but the flavor made me lol this game XD
Show
-----
-----

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”