sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

Post by sorgster »

I am? I saw u in a few but didn't realize u were in all of them lol.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 101, Magister Ludi wrote:@Cult recruiter, me and muffin had a lengthy game with cult recruiter in it, where I was cult recruiter. Its a joke.

StefanB wrote:zMuffin: Cultrecruiter, ugh, isn't that the most hated role on mafiascum? Ugh and I pissed him of.

Max, Yos: You two like Ludis posting, from your asking of Baby Spice?

Vote: StefanB

can you post the game for that if it is finished? Sounds like a bluff to me and something talked in a qt at night phase.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 117, Magister Ludi wrote:I actually reread page two. Magna, do you still want to speed lynch David X for self voting?

Why are you asking magna of all people? Also, speedlynching isn't good for town as it doesn't give enough information.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am

Post by sorgster »

I haven't been paying much attention to this game in truth. I did a quick iso on magister ludi and his posts have rarely had little other than fluffiness from what I've seen.

Vote Magister Ludi
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 am

Post by sorgster »

iso #0 /mith-means nothing
iso #1-means nothing
iso #2-rvs
iso #3-asking iceguy for opinion on selfvoting
iso #4-asking for games where scum self voted(takes too long to find this information and fluffy)
iso #5-fluff
iso #6-asking a question
iso #7-fluff
iso #8-talks again about self voting
iso #9-talks about iso 8
iso #10-asks clarification on word strange, normally means scummy
iso #11-asks for votes on magua-hasn't voted for him yet though
iso #12-fluff
iso #13-random question about spice girls,asks why
iso #14-not much there
iso #15-asks's bb opinion on pg 2
iso #16-disagrees he is spamming
iso #17-votes because someone said he was spamming
iso #18-doesn't say much/wants clarification
iso #19-reasks bb on his pg 2 opinion
iso #20-asks for clarification
iso #21-sets him up for buddying happily
iso #22-talks about another game
iso #23-asks for clarification
iso #24-mentions cult recruiter game-fluff
iso #25-finds a question strange
iso #26-says I'm not posting much
iso #27-asks magua a question on speedlynching
iso #28-explains why he is asking
iso #29-asks a rhetorical question
iso #30-talks about zmuffin
iso #31-attacks someone for asking unimportant questions
iso #32-claims scum would want to seem active in the game, however in iso #26, he found my lack of posts scummy
iso #33-attacks magna, says he's willing to lynch a few people AND others
iso #34-claims post length means nothing

Did iso up to post 34. Kinda lazy to finish it off. He's mostly asked for clarification or asked small questions here and there.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 am

Post by sorgster »

The clarification things where pretty much fluff too.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:48 am

Post by sorgster »

What I consider fluff are posts where just statements asking clarifaction on ppl's views have made. You have made a ton of posts but rarely brought anything new to the thing. Your first four posts where rvs/etc which doesn't give information imo. questions asking if someone is scum sounds fluffy. Saying you will vote only for a few ppl AND OTHERS is too> maybe not fluffy but not protown I guess.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 196, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 194, Bogre wrote:@Ghostling: Why did you consecutively votehop down your scum-tells? What exactly made your decision change?

VOTE: Babyspice

I agree on the fluffiness and hubbub about spamming note.

You may not like this answer, but it's true. I had only really not had a chance to read the thread in much detail during V-LA; I had waffled due to the hydra thing because I thought GW had posted more than they had--they hadn't. My first vote was justified. (8 hour plane rides do this to you, it's like posting drunk/hungover without ANY of the fun of being drunk or hungover.)

Sorg--so...without the voting impetus on you, do you find Ludi scummy? In English, would you be as concerned and trying to form a case on posting fluff if he hadn't accused you?

OMGUS isn't always a scumtell--but I'm wondering the point of the ISO, particularly since the fact there was 34 whole posts you covered there and I'm wondering why you're not voting for someone more obvious--someone with less than 34 posts that seems more to the point of lurking.

I would have. After doing that iso though, even with a few fluffy posts he seemed less and less like scum.

In post 199, Dry-fit wrote:@BabySpice: Who's a better lynch, Yos or Ludi?

In post 131, BBmolla wrote:[I don't like either Dry or Ludi's responses to a question that wasn't even directed towards them. Maxous was simply looking for intention, while Dry/Magister's response was simply to bring attention to it and act as if me asking that was the most absurd and unreasonable thing ever said, which I find odd. Why were your responses so aggressive?

I don't think they were all that aggressive. Neither of us even voted for you. Sorry for making it harder for you to hide in the shadows.

Sorgster wrote:I haven't been paying much attention to this game in truth. I did a quick iso on magister ludi and his posts have rarely had little other than fluffiness from what I've seen.

Did you iso anyone else?

Nope.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 am

Post by sorgster »

Unvote
My analysis of him just made me feel dumb about that vote
Vote Othallio
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:04 am

Post by sorgster »

it isn't a pride contest. He put a case against you and voted
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 259, Otolia wrote:
@MoI
: There is nothing I want to answer to you right now. If I continue to argue the way I am doing it right now, I'm going to end up insulting you and that won't help anyone. You basically force me to engaged in a childish pride contest by screaming 'MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE !!!!!' every post. I gave it to you and you will feel dumb for five minutes in almost every possible ending of this contest and you are going to move on afterwards. I suggest you tone down the witch hunting and start your motivation analyzing tool on why you I face you that stubbornly and we can both move on untouched.
Your choice.

Here is what we are going to do :
  • You stop screaming 'MORE OTOLIA VOTES PLEASE !!!!!' every post and I'll answer every questions you and anyone ask me.
  • You unvote me and I'll invest more time into this game.

PS : I fear this might be interpreted as scum trying to negotiate but at this point, it's better than heading in the wall.

This is saying that you have no defence as well as your latest post.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:35 am

Post by sorgster »

I find it interesting that othia hasn't defended himself and is getting ignored now.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:40 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 309, Magister Ludi wrote:
Hi all.

I am writing this with a heavy heart. Something deeply personal has come up in my life. I will be unable to think mafia, let alone play it, for at least the next four days, and perhaps more.

Mod, it is up to you what you do with this slot. If you want to wait on me, keep in mind that four days is a very rough guess, it could be many more, and I make no promises. I'm sorry to force you to look for a replacement like this.

I hope your hopes and prayers are with me for the next short while, guys, it's a great community here and I hope i'm able to get back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ludi

I hope it gets better if it can. Good luck. Assuming the last sentence means it can
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:12 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 355, Otolia wrote:So here I am, after 'borrowing' a stranger's wifi. I selected a few people to talk about.

• David Xanatos

Self-vote during RVS might not seem dangerous, but it denies the town abilities to read one's first vote. Decision happens during the every stage of the game and voting during the first stages can be a daunting strategical task. That being said, there is no reason to make a fuss over it because it's not enough to build a case on someone. It can be due to lazyness and that strikes everyone scums like townies. He declared V a V/LA short after starting the game and though I feel he posted less than what he showed me once (ongoing game), his case is staled.

Verdict :
    Suspicious

• IceGuy

I am quite puzzled by this wagon. He is making sense in his posts and he is coherent with himself. Attacking StefanB for opportunism was a major town tell at this point, he posted his thoughts and didn't drop his case on StefanB under the pressure. Overall his play is far more consistent than most of the town.

Verdict :
    Probably Town

• StefanB

His first posts are targeting lurkers, and discussing minor topics. He reacted to Global Warming's claim which is a good thing. Aside from the curious reaction of my vote on MoI, (taking seriously a one-liner + vote when he isn't the person tageted), his behavior after this change completely. He starts arguing with people (namely IceGuy), changes his vote thrice and gives poor argumentation for that, backpedal on his own argumentation.I consider picking a target and working on a lynch more town-aligned than vote-hopping and hoping that somehow a scum is in the ballot. His low consistency don't please me.

Verdict :
    Probably Scum

• BabySpice

She mostly tried to explained an early vote on MagisterLudi who was (to my understanding) 'spamming'. She answered quite concisely to yos' questions and though I don't always understand her syntax, she doesn't strike me as scum.
    @BabySpice : A serious wagon is a wagon designed to lynch someone you think is scum. In order to get your target lynched, you need to work on asking him questions, analyzing his play and cornering his answers trying to provoke a mistake.

Verdict :
    Neutral

According to that : VOTE: StefanB

I will cover Ghostlin and MoI attack on me another time, probably tomorrow, but even though I disagree with them and noted a few suspicious things, I think there isn't enough material to cast a doubt on their alignment.

Please defend yourself first.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 390, whispersilk wrote:
@sorgster:

17 posts in the game. I'd like to see more from you because:

In post 181, sorgster wrote:I haven't been paying much attention to this game in truth. I did a quick iso on magister ludi and his posts have rarely had little other than fluffiness from what I've seen.

Vote Magister Ludi

At the point you made this post, you had 5 posts in the game. One was your "confirm" post, two was your "RVS" post, three, four and five were nothing more than useless fluff. So of your actual game posts, you were hitting a 100% fluff rate. By your own admission in your very next post, you classified only 3 of Ludi's first 34 posts as being actual fluff. That's what, a less than 10% fluff rate? :?

Your two posts after you ISO'd him reiterated your opinion. Then after two questions from other players regarding your Ludi vote, you said this:

In post 217, sorgster wrote:After doing that iso though, even with a few fluffy posts he seemed less and less like scum.

:?

Why didn't you give your thoughts on, or ISO anyone else?

In your post 11, you unvoted Ludi and voted for Otolia. You didn't give any reason for this vote. Could you please give one now? Or were you just sheeping someone else's case against him?

Your next three posts are questioning why Otolia hadn't defended himself. Was he supposed to be defending a case that you had made against him, or were you just kindly pointing out how he hadn't defended himself against
someone else's
case?

I was pointing out he hadn't defended against someone else's case. That case seemed pretty solid to me and it seems very very likely otolia is scum.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by sorgster »

1. I did not say you are town.
2. I read your recent explanation. I can understand the first one being sarcasm. The second one did not seem like sarcasm though. The negotiations, as you call them, seemed to be as scum trying to negotiate. You wanted him to unvote you and promised to be more active which wasn't the reason you were being voted. You also called his attacks childish which seemed to be trying to reduce the attacks even though his attacks were solid.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 396, Otolia wrote:
In post 395, sorgster wrote:I was pointing out he hadn't defended against someone else's case. That case seemed pretty solid to me and it seems very very likely otolia is scum.

I am not lurking anymore and my play is backed up by arguments. You say I am still town and say the case - that someone else built for you - is solid. I disagree strongly and find your conviction not strong enough.

So please answer the following questions
with arguments
:

• What about the recent explanations of mine ? Did you read them ?
  • Did you found me convincingly town ?
  • What do you still found scummy and what isn't anymore ?
  • Do you feel my own play is as solid as the case that was made ?

2,3 and 4 were in the second 2 question's answer.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 407, whispersilk wrote:
In post 395, sorgster wrote:
In post 390, whispersilk wrote:
@sorgster:

17 posts in the game. I'd like to see more from you because:

In post 181, sorgster wrote:I haven't been paying much attention to this game in truth. I did a quick iso on magister ludi and his posts have rarely had little other than fluffiness from what I've seen.

Vote Magister Ludi

At the point you made this post, you had 5 posts in the game. One was your "confirm" post, two was your "RVS" post, three, four and five were nothing more than useless fluff. So of your actual game posts, you were hitting a 100% fluff rate. By your own admission in your very next post, you classified only 3 of Ludi's first 34 posts as being actual fluff. That's what, a less than 10% fluff rate? :?

Your two posts after you ISO'd him reiterated your opinion. Then after two questions from other players regarding your Ludi vote, you said this:

In post 217, sorgster wrote:After doing that iso though, even with a few fluffy posts he seemed less and less like scum.

:?

Why didn't you give your thoughts on, or ISO anyone else?

In your post 11, you unvoted Ludi and voted for Otolia. You didn't give any reason for this vote. Could you please give one now? Or were you just sheeping someone else's case against him?

Your next three posts are questioning why Otolia hadn't defended himself. Was he supposed to be defending a case that you had made against him, or were you just kindly pointing out how he hadn't defended himself against
someone else's
case?

I was pointing out he hadn't defended against someone else's case. That case seemed pretty solid to me and it seems very very likely otolia is scum.

Can you please answer my other questions?

I was sheeping someone else's case against him because it was pretty solid. I didn't give my thoughts on or iso anyone else because he had the most posts and you could get the most information from isoing him.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:12 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 336, IceGuy wrote:I'm giving up on trying to argue with you idiots - you can safely continue your "IceGuy is scum because IceGuy is scum" circlejerk.

In post 357, IceGuy wrote:Regarding the circlejerk: I'm talking about the style of arguments.
I think somebody is town? Obviously I'm scum with him because I'm defending him.
I think somebody is scum? Obviously I'm scum with him because I'm bussing him.
I think somebody is neutral or have largely ignored him? Obviously I'm scum with him trying to avoid connections.

Iceguy doesn't strike me as scum for these posts. Those two posts explain how anything he is done is seen as scummy and it seems impossible for him to do anything that is town with this being put into action against him.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:31 am

Post by sorgster »

I will go with an alabaskan J lynch but iceguy doesn't seem like scum to me.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by sorgster »

Some people did some great deflections to help us forget all about otholia and trapped Iceguy into anything he said is scum.

Vote Otholia
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:22 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 565, Oversoul wrote:Terribly sorry that I haven't posted in 3 days, I've been busy and this game is the lowest priority on my list. Reskimming this game and I hate to be even more of a sheeple at this point lol. However, I am comfortable with Sorgster, Jakalope, BBmolla, or Otolia dieing. And I am sad that Magna was doctor and of course he would be. :| Really don't think it was in town's best interest to give someone as vocal and strong as Magna who has a clear propensity to die on Night 1, a powerful role like that, Magua. Bah :( now the apathy is going to kick in. :\

Killing Ethereal was a good shot, Ghost, I am glad that you claimed it as we can probably confirm someone today since the second scumteam's kill was protected by Magna.

zMuffinMan, do you have an opinion on Sorgster? I haven't read your recent posts yet, but I find him scummy and we seem to pretty much have the same thoughts about this game.

And I take offence to the not the most competent comment, Fonz >_> Alabaska J wagon still isn't likely to happen so I am probably going to vote Sorgster today. Now here is a good a vote VOTE: Sorgster

His posts have been minimal at best and he displayed resistance to voting IceGuy in favor of letting his vote rot on a dead wagon at that point.

That's because I quoted some posts of Iceguy. He seemed town to me and I didn't want to lynch town. I was trying to gain votes for an Otolia wagon who I believe is scum.

In post 513, sorgster wrote:
In post 336, IceGuy wrote:I'm giving up on trying to argue with you idiots - you can safely continue your "IceGuy is scum because IceGuy is scum" circlejerk.

In post 357, IceGuy wrote:Regarding the circlejerk: I'm talking about the style of arguments.
I think somebody is town? Obviously I'm scum with him because I'm defending him.
I think somebody is scum? Obviously I'm scum with him because I'm bussing him.
I think somebody is neutral or have largely ignored him? Obviously I'm scum with him trying to avoid connections.

Iceguy doesn't strike me as scum for these posts. Those two posts explain how anything he is done is seen as scummy and it seems impossible for him to do anything that is town with this being put into action against him.

In post 517, sorgster wrote:I will go with an alabaskan J lynch but iceguy doesn't seem like scum to me.

I would have gone for alabaska J or whoever else but I genuinely believed Iceguy is town and tried my best to defend him. I'm sure otholia is scum and my vote on him stays.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:09 am

Post by sorgster »

It is possible for town to defend scum. Iceguy defended you, not the other way around.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:12 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 447, Otolia wrote:

In post 445, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Otolia wrote: You are doing the same thing as my president, pointing fingers at everyone, provoking anyone that could hinder you and try to control the flow. I am wary of puppet masters ...

Provoking anyone who could hinder me? I call bullshit on that.

I’m making the best of my limited time here in the game (and it is going to be limited, that I have no doubts of) to hunt scum and make my suspicions known. Your dislike of that really doesn’t concern me.

I don't like the way you keep saying you will die soon. If you are really town, it shouldn't matters to you - unless
you are a PR
and you feel the pressure of getting results rather sooner than later. Furthermore it allows scums (and werewolves) to play on that. Letting you live can be a good way to mess up with the remaining town mind. And if you happens to be scum and rides your self-created towncred until the last stages of the game, I hope someone will have the courage to question your alignment.

Rolefishing and moi was killed night one. MoI was also the main attacked on you.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:46 am

Post by sorgster »

Just realized I typed attacked instead of attacker. Whoops
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:09 am

Post by sorgster »

Unvote
Vote Dry-Fit

The otholia wagon is going nowhere.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:20 am

Post by sorgster »

@Mod-Please fix the messed up vote tag post.

alabaska can you quote that post and remove whatever tag you put in that.

tag changed to
Spoiler: Spoiler
tag in post #732
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 am

Post by sorgster »

This is my first game with multiple scums and I lurk because it would be easiest for scum to be active and keep killing each other leaving for an easy town victory.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:51 am

Post by sorgster »

Also, there are probably some people here who are only looking for one scumteam instead of two. There is a reason for that.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 775, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 768, sorgster wrote:This is my first game with multiple scums and I lurk because it would be easiest for scum to be active and keep killing each other leaving for an easy town victory.

Ok, what?

Scum are probably going to lurk, to hope to not be noticed by either the town OR by the other scumteam, in order to avoid lynches AND nightkills. The "active scum" strategy, which basically involves a scum being really visible and trying to look really pro-town, is more risky in a game where there's another scum group killing anyone who looks really pro-town, so scum are probably going to try to fly under the radar for the most part. Town are going to be more active, because they need to actually find and lynch scum in order to win.

You look more like lurker-scum then like town so far. I still don't even really know if you've really read the entire game.

sorgster wrote:Also, there are probably some people here who are only looking for one scumteam instead of two. There is a reason for that.

Ok; if you think that someone is scum who's only looking for one scumteam because he already knows who the other one is, I could see that being a plausable scumtell; not a very strong one, perhaps, but I could at least see where you're coming from. Who do you think is doing that, exactly?

I was under the impression that scum wanted to kill the other scumteam and then take over. Not sure who is doing that. I've been mostly skimming this thread.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:10 am

Post by sorgster »

It would be easier trying to figure out who is looking for two scumteams first than looking for those who have only one scumteam in mind using a process of elimination.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by sorgster »

Otholia keeps avoiding getting lynched.

Vote TheJak

We need someone lynched this phase.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:11 am

Post by sorgster »

Vote Bogre

You expect 5 scum to all bus one person? You are saying we have 2 sets of 6 scum each then.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 956, Bogre wrote:
In post 927, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 926, Bogre wrote:
VOTE: Sorgster

Still thinking Jak was a bus.

As far as the Max claim, I don't know about a loss of a kill. With 2 kills n1, a vig claiming he shot and wasn't going to anymore, and 1 kill night 2, this seems plausible.

Is thinking Jak was a bus the primary reason you've voting sorgster?

No, I was voting sorgster before Jak. I thought
Jak was possibly a VI
, but when I saw S
tefanB, Alabaska, sorgster, and Yoshi on his wagon
I had the suspicion it was bussing, and so I switched my vote.

If people who are scummy vote someone who is vi, then they are automatically scum according to bogre. How would any townie come up with a statement like this?
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:17 am

Post by sorgster »

If a wagon is driven by scum, It would make sense not to vote on it.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:39 am

Post by sorgster »

@Maxous
I was just bandwagoning for the Dry-Fit vote. I thought day phase was going to end soon and wanted to get at least someone lynched.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by sorgster »

I ended up going on both eventually maxous.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by sorgster »

Not enough support will happily lynch him though. Strong scum read on him.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 1054, The Fonz wrote:Global Warming, you continue using your weasel words. Why do you use the scummy-sounding 'ignoring Max and going after sorgster' instead of the more reasonable 'Not thinking Max is a good lynch, therefore pushing sorgster as a preferable alternative?' I'm starting to get annoyed at being accused of 'ignoring' a player I've spent more time on trying to read than anyone else. I don't think he's a great lynch. I think Sorgster is a better one, based on the combo of lurking and voting for people for doing things that seem dumb rather than scummy.

Lurking was just because I was getting near overloaded with games. Can't do a reread but will try to start defending myself as I've just died in two games.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by sorgster »

Unvote Vote maxous

2 bandwagons are happening. One of them is on me.

Otolia and Bogre are scum in my books. That's all for opinions for me.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by sorgster »

I claim vanilla townie.

Why can't an otholia or bogre wagon get started? Also,I doubt I'm the only one who isn't posting much.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:50 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 445, MagnaofIllusion wrote:At this point add Jakalope to my list of players who need rope or bullets. His play is basically content free while he’s active lurking like a boss.

His actual suspicions (where he actually directly calls someone scum as opposed to a group of people saying 1 in 3 is scum) are EC and Iceguy (as demonstrated by his votes). Then we get this –

ISO 13 wrote:It's time for your favorite type of read guys.

EtherealCookie, Iceguy, one is scum. Not both.

So one of the players you suspected and voted for suddenly isn’t scum?

Jak wrote:Prodge.

Ghostlin is town.
Oversoul is likely town.
DavidX is leaning scum, but Iceguy or Otolia is today's lynch.

Hmmm … why is suddenly DavidX leaning scum when he’s been V/LA? Does that mean in your mind Ludi and I are Town given your 'one is scum' stance on the three of us?

Why is Otolia a valid lynch for today when you’ve said not one thing about him in your ISO?

--

Bogre wrote:Scum don't think you're scum. They know who scum are.

Once again this absolutely isn’t true in this set-up. Scum only know their partners and do not know the members of the opposing faction.

I agree with your point about survival instincts being more likely to come from scum.

--

Whisper wrote:Where did I say I was worried?

Using the phrase “I didn’t want to be lynched” in regards to playing as you usually do when you are under absolutely no real pressure shows worry.

Whisper wrote:Where in that post did Yosarian inquire into my reasons for my "hey" post?

It is implicit in the nature of the discussion that he is questioning your reasons for posting the original "Hey" post.

Whisper wrote:As far as I'm concerned, we were debating lurking and lurkers and whether or not it was a scum tell, and not specifically my reasons for my original post. In fact, the point that I lurk on day 1 in all my games, was just one aspect of my original post, not the entire basis for it.

You are splitting hairs here. And the fact remains … I have serious doubts about the motives for your original post (where you described many scummy actions you ‘always do’) when you claim you rarely get any significant suspicion for said playstyle. What Town purpose do you have for explicitly bringing it up then? I can’t see one.

I can see a survivalist motive which, as discussed above, is more likely to come from scum.

Whisper wrote: Do you care about anyone's meta?

The better question is “Do I care about anyone’s self-meta”? The answer is No. Bringing it to my attention in any active manner then I will not give it one scrap of attention / consideration. Meta is the weakest and least helpful tool in the scum-hunters box, IMO.

--

Otolia wrote:I am not someone who wanders around town pointing fingers at everyone just because he cans - that is what I feel you are doing. I can't look at everything and make sense all the time. This is why I am trying to limit myself. Now you could question why I choose these persons but instead you criticize the results.

Specifically limiting the amount of reads you make and players you suspect gives you a much wider range of ‘suspects’ in the future. The more information Town players provide on reads the better.

I understand why you chose three of the four players (dominant wagons or under most other suspicion other than yourself). Thus I didn’t see the need to ask you why you picked out DavidX from the lurker pile.

Otolia wrote:A player able to keep his composure and producing the same kind of play all the time is less likely to be scum because he doesn't have to lie. At least that's how I understand things.

Disagree. The best scum players are incredibly consistent in whatever playstyle they show. IMO you need to look at the motivations behind play as opposed to the consistency.

Otolia wrote:
English isn't my first language
so I can't really measure if it's 'loaded' as you say. It is a witch hunt when you finish all your posts by 'MOAR OTOLIA'S VOTES' as a provocation when I already stated it displeased me. I guess your defense for purposefully doing that is that you are scum-hunting

Well the bolded could explain, to some degree, why I find your posts perhaps more charged with language choices. Of course given you don’t have a location listed I had no reason to think it wasn’t your first language.

As to pushing your lynch … I don’t apologize for driving a lynch I think is good. You may be displeased by that but I don’t really care on that end. My goal isn’t to please my scum suspects and accommodate their wishes. It’s to successfully get a scum lynch.

Otolia wrote:That was sarcasm. Already covered.

You probably need to understand then that your ‘sarcasm’ isn’t being conveyed properly (which I would think you would be aware was a possibility since English isn't your first langauge) and looks insulting and scummy. If you choose to continue being ‘sarcastic’ then you will reap the rewards.

Otolia wrote: You are doing the same thing as my president, pointing fingers at everyone, provoking anyone that could hinder you and try to control the flow. I am wary of puppet masters ...

Provoking anyone who could hinder me? I call bullshit on that.

I’m making the best of my limited time here in the game (and it is going to be limited, that I have no doubts of) to hunt scum and make my suspicions known. Your dislike of that really doesn’t concern me.

--

Oversoul wrote:What happened to your must kill Otolia with fire stance? Are you okay with lynching either Ice or Otolia?

I think it is pretty clear he’s scum to me. That said I moved my vote to Iceguy to demonstrate my seriousness about his dodging of my questions. I only have on vote. I can’t be everywhere at once.

I'm pretty sure there was a reason scum killed him. This is a good one.

In post 868, Bogre wrote:
UNVOTE

There are more players I find scummy on the Jakalope wagon. In fact, most of the players I find scummy are on it.

This makes me suspicious that this is a bussing of Jak, rather than riding a mislynch.

VOTE: JAK

A wagon driven by scum should not be switched too.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:24 am

Post by sorgster »

Guess I'm dead then. As long as scum kill each other it is best for the town. As I'm hammered

@scumteams, please kill bogre and otholia. I have high suspicious otholia is scum and bogre's post aboug bandwagoning when he saw town seemed scumlike.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:24 am

Post by sorgster »

EBWOP:I mean bogre's post about why he voted thejak.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by sorgster »

Sorry Oto. Good luck town and bye. I'm lynched now right?
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by sorgster »

Vanilla townie
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 1119, Magua wrote:
Vote Count 3.9

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

sorgster (8):
Bogre
, Maxous, The Fonz, StefanB, Yosarian2, Oversoul, BBmolla,
Wraith

Maxous (8): Ghostlin, Global Warming, ToastyToast, DarthYoshi, Empking's Alt, Alabaska J, PeregrineV, sorgster
BBmolla (2): David Xanatos,
Otolia

Otolia (1): Dry-fit

Not voting (1): whispersilk

V/LA: StefanB (11/6)

Deadline is November 7th, at 4pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-11-07 16:00:00)

I remember how wraith seemed to defend himself after my reaction fishing statement of who is looking for 2 sets of scum. That seemed strange.
Maxous seemed like someone trying to save their skin. He has a good chance to be nked I believe. Whispersilk wasn't posting much and decided to call me out on it at the start which was hypocritical. Not sure if it is a scum or null tell. Whispersilk could be scum trying to catch the other scumteam by tactics like that or town catching scum like that. CAn't do a full thing as I've been too lurkerish and skimming the posts too much.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by sorgster »

Vote oto
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (isolation #50) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:01 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 1252, Otolia wrote:Main suspects so far are Dry-Fit and sorgster. They haven't been really convincing at all and I am at a loss as to why they focus me so much. Scum likelihood is high but so is backseat townies.

I would be very surprised if The Fonz was in a scum group. Secret double voting is a very powerful mechanics and given the randomness of Secret Society powers, I am not sure the reviewer would have let that pass.

More analysis tomorrow.

Your biggest scumreads are those who vote for you and attack you then. Interesting.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (isolation #51) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:02 am

Post by sorgster »

Unvote
Vote Toasty
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 908, Maxous wrote:
In post 906, ToastyToast wrote:Who did you roleblock last night, and (given that there was only one kill), why didn't you reveal it immediately?

And you revealed this...why?
Seriously.

I roleblocked BBmolla.
And yeah, it slightly increased my suspicion, but it's not as if there are'nt any other numerous reasons a kill would of been prevented.
It was nothing worth claiming for.

This was quoted by wraith a few posts ago. Showed toasty knew maxous was a roleblocker before maxous claimed. I can't see any other reason than scumbuddies for this.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (isolation #53) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 am

Post by sorgster »

Unvote

It could have been a desperate scum gambit to save maxous though. If that's done this early, people will doubt scum would try that.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (isolation #54) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 1294, ToastyToast wrote:apologies for not posting recently, I'm writing a massive 15 page essay this weekend.
@sorgster and Wraith: where the hell were you yesterday? I'm kind of the reason Maxous is lynched bro.
Seems there's been all kinds of stupid since I last posted

FOS: sorgster
for being on the Maxous wagon without understanding one of the primary reasons for his lynch.
Wraith was on the sorgster wagon, which suggests that he is merely late to the party. pay more attention plz.

also,
vote:Otolia
the main wagons don't look like good one's to me. since Ghostlin asked, this is where my mind is at and where my vote should be.

My primary reason for being on the maxous wagon was that there were 2 large wagons, mine and his.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (isolation #55) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by sorgster »

Vote David Xanatos
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (isolation #56) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 1320, ToastyToast wrote:
unvote:vote:sorgster

do I even have to explain this? He's even
admitted to playing with survival as his main goal
, and now he just hopped from a vote on me (which was terrible) to a vote on DX without explanation.

When did I ever say this?
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (isolation #57) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by sorgster »

Let me give you a scenario.
Deadline is nearby. There are two majorbandwagons on person
X
and
Y.
You are
X
. Who are you going to vote for? person
Z
?
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (isolation #58) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by sorgster »

Unvote
Vote Global warming

I'm assuming that's a scumslip and otolia actually isn't scum.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (isolation #59) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 1363, Global Warming wrote:
In post 1353, David Xanatos wrote:The fact I didn't know Scum had daytalk would likely be a rather glaring one, no?

And as for reads, GW, BBMolla, Otolia, Ghostlin are my top scum-picks.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Scumsuspect #1, had a scum result on another player and is vocal on the DX wagon
Scumsuspect #2, is from the theory "One of the non-wolves is scum"
Scumsuspect #3, is
one of the mislynch possibilities

Scumsuspect #4, another player that is vocal on the DX wagon.
2 people on who it's easy to say they're scum.
2 people who think he's obvscum.
And no reasons. At. All.
In post 1354, StefanB wrote:David: You were dead that time, but remember the Mafia Dating Game 2, there was Mastermind who faked not knowing that scum had 2 kills, I gave him a townread for that. (He faked the whole think) So that was for me 2 games ago, I can't believe that this is 100% evidence.
Your scumreads are for me, kind of meh, care to explain them?
Exspecially GW what do you think is he?

In post 1355, Dry-fit wrote:Even though he hasn't done much this game to suggest it, David is a tricky player, at least as scum. I just finished a game with him where he softclaimed a pr day one and day two claimed miller gunsmith. he then claimed a guilty on his only remaining scumbuddy who rode that town cred to victory. So I think David is definitely capable of pulling a stunt like claiming not to know that scum has daytalk.

Nice. Fonzie, you are so obv wrong about this, but what the hell, you can make every thing with your "omg secret vote so obv town" reasoning.

- CS

How would he claim otolia is a mislynch possibilities? Sounds like something he talked with his scumteam in night phase.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (isolation #60) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 1375, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 1374, sorgster wrote:How would he claim otolia is a mislynch possibilities? Sounds like something he talked with his scumteam in night phase.

1) The scumteam have daytalk. Which means to me you're not paying attention to the gamestate, because this is the second time I've mentioned it, along with a host of others. Which is leading credence to the fact that the scum is getting the hang of if they malprop night talk enough times some player might clear them.
2) I want clarification from GW (Con), but I suspect Otolia's a mislynch candidate mostly because he's a scummy looking enough player that GW suspects he's Town; also reread Day 1.
3) Your vote seems horribly opportunistic; and I think isn't enough credit for GW's combined hydra intelligence.

I've seen that said before. Meant in his qt for the first one.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (isolation #61) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 am

Post by sorgster »

Why was peregrine not bolded?
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by sorgster »

We have a day still.

Also
Unvote
Vote David X
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (isolation #63) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 am

Post by sorgster »

Vote Oto

I'm going to continue attack from before.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (isolation #64) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:05 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 1417, Ghostlin wrote:Emp, I get what you mean, but this post just read opportunistic crap for me:

In post 1367, sorgster wrote:
Unvote
Vote Global warming

I'm assuming that's a scumslip and otolia actually isn't scum.

Also, if he acutally
believed
this post, he wouldn't be voting Oto now.

At this point, I'd vote for Dry-Fit if that's the competing wagon. I'd love to have a Wraith competing wagon.

I'm playing in more than one game and a similar slip happened in that game to a townie. I changed my opinion because of that.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (isolation #65) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by sorgster »

@peregrineV, oversoul was one of the main pushers of my wagon and helped start the wagon on me on day 2 and 3.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:06 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 1456, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1427, sorgster wrote:@peregrineV, oversoul was one of the main pushers of my wagon and helped start the wagon on me on day 2 and 3.

Good point.

So you mean to say you really don't check to see if you are hammered, or what the votes are against you?

I did check and I guess I miscounted or something.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (isolation #67) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by sorgster »

proddoge here now. I remember playing in a 35 person game with 1 sk and 4 scum(1 team) I think there are 2 sets of scumteams of 3 in this one. It would make more sense.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (isolation #68) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:59 am

Post by sorgster »

3 days until deadline.

Sadly oto will live another day

Unvote
Vote DryFit
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (isolation #69) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by sorgster »

The counter wagons on me have had 2 scum flips so that's good.
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (isolation #70) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by sorgster »

I mean maxous and TheJak. You said I narrowly avoided a lynch every day phase except the first day phase
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (isolation #71) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 1514, Bogre wrote:
In post 1511, sorgster wrote:The counter wagons on me have had 2 scum flips so that's good.

And that affects the possibility that you're mafia, how?

1.means I'm not werewolf, if there are any left.
2.I've been put at l-1 too many times. If I was scum, wouldn't a buddy of mine hammered?
3.I'm just a lurkerish vt. Dry Fit and David X both played like too and both flipped town.
Marathon Game record

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”