Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Newbie 807 - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Alive

bgg1996 -
Mafia Roleblocker
- Survives

Dead

Kard8p3 -
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 1

Meji Fan
FoShizzle
(SE) -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 1

Kichirou -
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day 2

crazypianist1116 -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 2

dothefandango -
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 3

CancerBottle -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 3

Snow White
FatedLunar
-
Vanilla Townie
- Endgamed
ChannelDelibird (IC) -
Vanilla Townie
- Endgamed

With 3 alive, 2 to lynch.

Suggestion for newbies: Use the "Watch this topic for replies" button at the bottom of the page, so you can use the "Watched Topics" function (link is at the top of the page) to access the game. This makes it a lot easier to keep track of the game!

This game used the F11 setup, which is the current standard Newbie Game setup. This game will have one of the four following set-ups, with an equal (25%) chance of each occurring :
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
Note:
If there is a Mafia Roleblocker in this setup, the Roleblocker may
both roleblock and kill
at the same time.

These are the possible Role PMs:

Mafia

Mafia Goon wrote:Mafia Goon

You are a
Mafia Goon
, and your partner is
[XXX]
(who is a [Mafia Goon / Role-Blocker]). The two of you, for whatever reason, want to kill everybody else. You may talk together before the game officially starts by private messages, and during each night – you may
not
, however, talk privately during the day. Each night (which does
not
include pre-game), you may send me one person which you would like to kill. That player will die unless they are successfully protected by a Doctor. You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Confirm that you have received your role by replying to this PM. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to PM me.

The game thread is here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11741
Mafia Role-Blocker wrote:Mafia Role-Blocker

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
, and your partner is
[XXXX]
(who is a Mafia Goon). The two of you, for whatever reason, want to kill everybody else. You may talk together before the game officially starts by private messages, and during each night – you may
not
, however, talk privately during the day. Each night (which does
not
include pre-game), you may send me one person which you would like to kill. That player will die unless they are successfully protected by a Doctor. You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not..

Every night, you -- and
only
you -- may Roleblock one player so long as you are alive. If that player has a power role (in this game, either a Cop or Doctor role), their role will be nullified for that night (i.e. a Cop will receive no result for an investigation, and a Doctor will not succeed in protecting for that night only). You
may
kill and role-block on the same night.

Confirm that you have received your role by replying to this PM. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to PM me.

Town

Town Cop wrote:Cop

You are the
Cop
. Each night, you may investigate one player to determine whether or not they are part of the Mafia. Your results are guaranteed to be correct. You may not investigate yourself. You win with the town when all Mafia are dead, and at least one townsperson is still alive.

If you investigate a member of the mafia, your result will be “Mafia.” If you investigate a member of the town, your result will be “Town.” If you are role-blocked, however, you will receive "No Result."

Town Doctor wrote:Doctor

You are the
Doctor
. Each night, you may protect one player from a mafia kill – if that player is targeted to die on that same night, they will instead live. You will not be told if your protection is successful. You may not protect yourself. You win with the town when all Mafia are dead, and at least one townsperson is still alive.

If you are role-blocked, your role will fail at successfully protecting whoever you target that same night, leaving your target open for being killed.

Vanilla Townie wrote:Townie

You are a
Townie
. You do not have any night abilities, but luckily enough, you
do
have a say on who is lynched. Use your vote well! You win with the town when all Mafia are dead, and at least one townsperson is still alive.

Rules
  • I, Xtoxm, am the mod. I will make a seperate post in-thread for my vote counts. Where I edit one of your posts I will use
    blue
    text. Please do not use blue text in your posts.
  • Do not impersonate the mod. Do not quote any PMs received from the mod. Do not pretend to quote a PM from the mod. The same applies to the Quicktopic threads.
    Claiming the timestamp on your role PM is
    not
    allowed
  • If you think I made a mistake, you're probably right. Point it out to me nicely in a PM and I will fix it.
  • Do not delete or edit you posts. If you need quote tags fixing, tell me and I'll fix them.
  • Do not talk about this game outside the thread once Day begins. You must not discuss the game with players who are alive after you have been killed.
  • Votes must be in bold, for example
    Vote Xtoxm
    . Unvoting is not necessary, but if you wish to unvote without placing a new vote then
    Unvote
    . Votes with mistakes will be counted as long as it is clear where the vote is intended to go. Please do not attempt to fake vote, it is petty and will probably result in the vote counting anyway.
  • A lynch occurs once a simple majority is reached. If there is no majority at deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the person who reached that number of votes first will be lynched.
  • There are 3 week deadlines in place. This will only be extended in extreme circumstances, for a maximum of 1 extra week.
  • Night will last a maximum of 72 hours, missed actions will result in no action.
  • Be active. If you are going to be away for a period of more than a few days, please let us know. I will prod players if I notice they haven't posted for 72 hours. If prodded, you must make a post within 48 hours of being prodded, or be replaced. There is no set prod limit, but if I feel I have to prod a player to often I may impose a prod limit. If I do, I will tell the player by PM and announce it in thread. If I prod someone, I will say so in the thread.
  • A scum claiming or fake claiming scumbuddies is a modkillable, game ending offense.
  • Once your role has been revealed, please do not post in the thread again until the game is over, not even a "bah" post, please.
  • There are no restrictions on talking in twighlight.
  • This game has a zero tolerance policy with regard to personal attacks. If I feel someone has crossed the line, I will forcibly replace them. Please do not push me on this.
  • Referencing ongoing games is not allowed, including linking to and quoting.
  • If you have any questions feel free to ask in thread or send me a PM. Anything in the thread directed at me should be in bold, so I know that it is.
  • I reserve the right to add or modify rules as required.
  • It's a game, play to win, have fun!
Last edited by Xtoxm on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Snow White has not picked up her role PM.

Taking dothefandango.

Thanks for your patience.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Ok, that's everyone confirmed!

Day 1 Begins

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch.

Deadline: Thursday July 16 20:30 BST (GMT+1)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hi everyone, I'm CDB and I'm the IC player for this game. I'm here to help as well as play, so if you have any questions I'll answer them to the best of my ability (but any questions about the particular rules, your role, etc. should go to the mod), and I'll do my best to give you guys advice during the game. But of course I'm here to win, and remember that I have as much chance of being scum as the rest of you (of course, I'm not ;))

So let's get things started with a
Random Vote: CancerBottle
#greenshirtthursdays
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

I'm glad I woke up when I did! It would have sucked to get here late!

Anyway, onto the voting.

Random Vote: Kichirou

FoS: ChannelDelibird
FatedLunar
FatedLunar
Townie
FatedLunar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:57 am

Post by FatedLunar »

Hey all. And thanks for ICing ChannelDelibird. *nods* I'll probably need it since I'm new to this site(played mafia a couple times elsewhere before, but this site works differently so...yea).

And yes Kard, it WOULD suck to get here late, but it's always possible just to read through what was previously posted.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Kard8p3 says it's his first game, so i'm changing his status from SE to Newbie. Also PMed the list mod to clarify why he was listed as an SE player.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:06 am

Kard8p3 wrote:I'm glad I woke up when I did! It would have sucked to get here late!

Anyway, onto the voting.

The random vote is common practice here, but I am curious as to the FoS (Finger of Suspicion) you've given me. Is that random too, or was there something in my first post you found scummy?
#greenshirtthursdays
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:I'm glad I woke up when I did! It would have sucked to get here late!

Anyway, onto the voting.

The random vote is common practice here, but I am curious as to the FoS (Finger of Suspicion) you've given me. Is that random too, or was there something in my first post you found scummy?
I know that random voting is a common practice here.

I found the fact that you said "remember that I have as much chance of being scum as the rest of you (of course, I'm not ;))" to be a bit suspicious. So, there you have it!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:22 am

The explanation about random voting was as much for the benefit of all the newbies as it was for you in particular (the fact that you random voted kinda gave your knowledge of it away ;)), but I'm curious - if you found my comment genuinely suspicious, why bother with a random vote at all?

Regarding the quote itself, I just wanted to make sure that nobody gets the wrong impression that the IC is some kind of specifically-town adviser, that they have to look at me just like any other player, and the assurance that I'm not scum was just me joking around. If you'd like I can go and find a couple of newbie games where I've said that as town.
#greenshirtthursdays
FatedLunar
FatedLunar
Townie
FatedLunar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 am

Post by FatedLunar »

Personally, I don't see anything about your post that could be taken as a scum sign, but that's just me. Most of that first part was just to help us out anyway(and everyone else when they finally check the thread).

This game should be interesting though.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

I did not find it suspicious enough to warrant a vote, therefore I simply cast FoS, but, should you do anything else that might make me suspect you, I shall change my vote to you.

Nah, you don't have to link me, as you could be a scum, therefore, if someone pointed out what you said, you could simply link them to old games to throw them off your trail. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure if you are or are not scum, I was simply acting on what I believe should be done.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

EBWOP: I meant I shall consider changing my vote to you.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 am

Kard8p3 wrote:I did not find it suspicious enough to warrant a vote, therefore I simply cast FoS, but, should you do anything else that might make me suspect you, I shall change my vote to you.
Weird as it may seem for me to encourage you to vote for me, it's important to say that the vote is the most important tool available to the town. It exerts pressure, pressure that a FoS just doesn't have the gravitas to exert, and it helps define the direction of the game. There's no need to be cautious at this stage, because we have a margin of error - one vote isn't going to lynch anyone. And surely a minor suspicion is worth pursuing more than a random target?
Kard wrote:Nah, you don't have to link me, as you could be a scum, therefore, if someone pointed out what you said, you could simply link them to old games to throw them off your trail. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure if you are or are not scum, I was simply acting on what I believe should be done.
I don't agree with your logic here. Evidence of a player's past behaviour as scum or town can help people to judge on their alignment in current games depending on whether they behave the same or differently than in the past. Are you suggesting that I would deliberately do something that might be suspicious as town in the past so that I could do it again as scum and be able to give evidence that it's something I do as town?
#greenshirtthursdays
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:I did not find it suspicious enough to warrant a vote, therefore I simply cast FoS, but, should you do anything else that might make me suspect you, I shall change my vote to you.
Weird as it may seem for me to encourage you to vote for me, it's important to say that the vote is the most important tool available to the town. It exerts pressure, pressure that a FoS just doesn't have the gravitas to exert, and it helps define the direction of the game. There's no need to be cautious at this stage, because we have a margin of error - one vote isn't going to lynch anyone. And surely a minor suspicion is worth pursuing more than a random target?
Kard wrote:Nah, you don't have to link me, as you could be a scum, therefore, if someone pointed out what you said, you could simply link them to old games to throw them off your trail. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure if you are or are not scum, I was simply acting on what I believe should be done.
I don't agree with your logic here. Evidence of a player's past behaviour as scum or town can help people to judge on their alignment in current games depending on whether they behave the same or differently than in the past. Are you suggesting that I would deliberately do something that might be suspicious as town in the past so that I could do it again as scum and be able to give evidence that it's something I do as town?
Indeed, a minor suspicion is worth pursuing, but I do not want to go ahead and suspect you of being scummy, I want to see if you do anything else that might warrant a revote from me.

I do indeed believe you could have deliberately done that, but I could be(and most likely am) wrong. I will just have to wait to find out.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:19 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Hi everybody. Good luck everyone.
FatedLunar
FatedLunar
Townie
FatedLunar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 am

Post by FatedLunar »

Hello crazypianist, and welcome to newbie game #807. *throws Crazypianist a vote card* Feel free to use that to go exert your voting power.

^ Yeah. I was being random there. Just not sure what else to say to continue the discussion, and I did want to say hi to the fellow mafia player.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

Hello Crazypaint, and FatedLunar. I am sure this game will be very exciting.
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 am

Post by CancerBottle »

Um, OMGUS
Vote: ChannelDelibird
. :D
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:36 am

Post by CancerBottle »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:Are you suggesting that I would deliberately do something that might be suspicious as town in the past so that I could do it again as scum and be able to give evidence that it's something I do as town?
This is a bit of a reach, don't you think? I mean, I don't see Kard suggesting that you have deliberately played scummy as town in a previous game, only to be able to cite that playstyle in other games.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 am

Post by dothefandango »

Random Vote? Why not,
vote: Kard8p3
oh yup
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

CancerBottle wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:Are you suggesting that I would deliberately do something that might be suspicious as town in the past so that I could do it again as scum and be able to give evidence that it's something I do as town?
This is a bit of a reach, don't you think? I mean, I don't see Kard suggesting that you have deliberately played scummy as town in a previous game, only to be able to cite that playstyle in other games.
Indeed, besides it's possible that he is a scum, but he did not deliberately play that way in previous games, so he's using this to his advantage. Or maybe I'm looking to much into this; either way, I'm sure I'm wrong somehow.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

EBWOP: I mean however, not besides >_<.
FatedLunar
FatedLunar
Townie
FatedLunar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 am

Post by FatedLunar »

What's EBWOP? I'm learning quite a bit about play here from the wiki, but never came across that one before.
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 am

Post by CancerBottle »

Kard8p3 wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:
Indeed, besides it's possible that he is a scum, but he did not deliberately play that way in previous games, so he's using this to his advantage. Or maybe I'm looking to much into this; either way, I'm sure I'm wrong somehow.
Well, we all have games in which we are terrible Townies. But I don't use those games to excuse scummy behavior.

In any event, metas have very limited use for scumhunting in my opinion.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”